PDA

View Full Version : Riddles and brainteasers

Ruben
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Everybody can post a riddle or brainteaser, but just wait until the current one is over. Pleas dont spam or/and post stupid/offending riddles, thank you.
I'll go as first:

I can dance, but I have no legs, I can breath, but I have no longs, I can die, but I have no life to die... What am I ?!

Hint: 4 Letters = ****

Lightning
04-06-2004, 09:46 PM
The correct answer, I think, is fire.

Ruben
04-07-2004, 09:34 AM
The correct answer, I think, is fire.

Correct ! Shall I also start another one ?

New riddle:

The maker dosn't use it, the seller dosn't want it and the user dosn't know it...

Thunderbird
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Coffin... (lol not spam)

Ruben
04-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Coffin... (lol not spam)

:lol: Lol, correct :clap:

I'll give someone els the chance to begin now :smile:

Tamer Marco
04-07-2004, 03:09 PM
I am a pet that is always found on the floor. I am a ******.

Ruben
04-07-2004, 08:41 PM

Is it a pokemon or is it really a riddle ?

Tamer Marco
04-07-2004, 09:27 PM
It's a riddle not a pokemon.

Ruben
04-08-2004, 11:45 AM

Lol, that's hard... 0.0
Hint :pray:

- Ruben : pleasy weasy :shifty:

Agent Orange
04-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I caint figure it out....

Heres one:

"What has holes in its top, bottom, and sides, yet still holds water?"

Tamer Marco
04-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Lemme guess a sponge.

People! You can't answer my question? You see them everyday! My question was a CARPET! A carpet is a pet that you always keep on the floor right?!

Agent Orange
04-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Sponge....is....correct.... :happy:

Sponge was a bit obious...

Tamer Marco
04-11-2004, 12:57 AM
I am the most important thing in your life. Forget water i'm yo man!

Everyone should get this. -_-

Agent Orange
04-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Oxegen?

Spam! A Spam! A female Spam!

Tamer Marco
04-11-2004, 01:04 AM
No. It's a liquid.

Agent Orange
04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Sprite Remix?

Spam! A drop of golden sun.....

Tamer Marco
04-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Yes, it was soda.

Agent Orange
04-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Yasies!

I got one right!

I actully wsa being :silly: by saying Sprite. O.o

Ruben
04-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Lol, okay :goofy: Now it's my turn.

"The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place."

Hint: It's in front of you right now. Dont search it far... LOOK AT THE WORDS !

Lightning
04-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Easy. The letter e.

Joelishwa
04-15-2004, 05:17 PM
I have two riddles

-A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

-A man worked on a building on th 9th floor. To get there, he took the elevator 5 floors up, and he took the stairs the rest of the way. Why doesn't he just use the elevator all the way?

Ruben
04-15-2004, 06:29 PM
I have two riddles

-A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

-A man worked on a building on th 9th floor. To get there, he took the elevator 5 floors up, and he took the stairs the rest of the way. Why doesn't he just use the elevator all the way?

1st = the farmer, because the farmer was carrying one alone and two other that were equally shared with the hired help, thus, the farmer had to carry the weight of one bag more then the help.

2nd = Eum, this one is guessing... Can you give a hint (PS: It is because is making the elevator ?)

- Ruben V.

Lightning
04-15-2004, 09:46 PM
1= The farmer because he has a full sack of grain, while the hired help only has two empty sacks.

2=He was too short to reach the ninth floor button.

Mechaflame
04-16-2004, 02:24 AM
I have heard of these riddles already... but where? :think:

Matt & Vulpix
04-16-2004, 06:28 PM
I have a face, but I cannot breathe. I have fingers, but no hand. What am I?

No idae Marco =/

Ruben
04-16-2004, 07:09 PM

No idae Marco =/

A plant ? Probably not, because it can breath...

Can you give a hint ?

- Ruben V.

Tamer Marco
04-17-2004, 03:19 PM

No idae Marco =/ Huh? What are you talking about?

I am a favorite of many children. I can be all flavors! HINT: *** *****

Sutiivun
04-17-2004, 04:01 PM
That's so easy, ice cream.

I'm stupid so who ever see's this next can post a brainteaser thing. :tongue:

Lightning
04-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Two people walk into a bank. They have no disguises, and they are plain in sight. They hold up guns, and get money. They leave, and are taken to court a month later. The jury convicts them, but the judge has to set them free. Why?

Saya
04-17-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure but I think they were selling the guns?

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-17-2004, 04:36 PM

No idae Marco =/

A clock?!

@ Jedi Master Bob
Because they are the cops who arrested they robbers.

Lightning
04-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Both of those answers are wrong. I guess I should have made it more clear, but keep guessing.

Ruben
04-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Two people walk into a bank. They have no disguises, and they are plain in sight. They hold up guns, and get money. They leave, and are taken to court a month later. The jury convicts them, but the judge has to set them free. Why?

It was a weapon-bank or something, you could trade in wapens for money.
No, can't be, because then they wouldn't be send to court...

- Ruben V.

Crystalphoenix
05-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Well riddles and teasers don't neccessarily have to make sense...

What animal walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 3 in the evening? Explain.

Ruben
05-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Aha, the question of the old greeks :wink:

Answer: The humans, because in the morning it crawls on arms and legs, then it rises on two feets and as the night falls it is a old man with a walking stick.

- Ruben V.

Crystalphoenix
05-27-2004, 08:08 PM
You are right but I was taking it from the sphinx story riddle, and 4 legs in the morning as a baby (beginnning) 2 legs in the afternoon as a young man (middle) and 3 legs in the evening as an old man with a cane acting as a third leg (end)

Hariken4
05-27-2004, 10:36 PM
I'll post the next brainteaser. It should be easy for anyone Jr. High and up.

A man walks to the bottom of a canyon with a heavy wagon of gold. The next day, he walks up a mountain with the same gold but it was heavier. Why was it heavier going up the mountain than down the canyon?

DaRkUmBrEoN
05-28-2004, 05:36 AM
I'll post the next brainteaser. It should be easy for anyone Jr. High and up.

A man walks to the bottom of a canyon with a heavy wagon of gold. The next day, he walks up a mountain with the same gold but it was heavier. Why was it heavier going up the mountain than down the canyon?

When he goes downhill, gravity helps along and he doesn't have to use that much force.
When he goes uphill he must pull very hard, because else he'll flip and fall down to the bottom.

Lightning
05-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Does everyone give up on my riddle?

Ierdar
05-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Does everyone give up on my riddle?

No, I'm gonna take a shot at it.

The "robbers" didn't do anything wrong. Alls they did was reveal they had guns. =P It never said they asked for the money, or threatened anyone. :wink:

Lightning
05-28-2004, 03:00 PM
When he goes downhill, gravity helps along and he doesn't have to use that much force.
When he goes uphill he must pull very hard, because else he'll flip and fall down to the bottom.

I doubt that's right, because he said HEAVIER, not HARDER. It doesn't get any heavier, it only SEEMS heavier because gravity effects what is called inertia, or tendancy to stay in the same motion, in this case, no motion, and gravity is against that inertia. So it's not heavier, it only seems heavier.

No, I'm gonna take a shot at it.

The "robbers" didn't do anything wrong. Alls they did was reveal they had guns. =P It never said they asked for the money, or threatened anyone. :wink:

I'm gonna make my riddle more clear for everyone.

Two people walk into a bank. They have no disguises, and they are plain in sight. They hold up guns to the two bankers' heads, and say, "Give us the money or we'll shoot". The bankers give them all the money. They leave, and are taken to court a month later. The jury convicts them, but the judge has to set them free. Why?

Ruben
05-28-2004, 07:07 PM
I doubt that's right, because he said HEAVIER, not HARDER. It doesn't get any heavier, it only SEEMS heavier because gravity effects what is called inertia, or tendancy to stay in the same motion, in this case, no motion, and gravity is against that inertia. So it's not heavier, it only seems heavier.

I'm gonna make my riddle more clear for everyone.

Two people walk into a bank. They have no disguises, and they are plain in sight. They hold up guns to the two bankers' heads, and say, "Give us the money or we'll shoot". The bankers give them all the money. They leave, and are taken to court a month later. The jury convicts them, but the judge has to set them free. Why?

I KNOW !!!! (I think) since you didn't say how much they got I think that the bank was like broke or something, and they couldn't hand over anything, so the robbers got nothing and couldn't go to jail for that.

PS: Or, lol, the robber was O.J.Simpson 0.o

- Ruben V.

Dash
05-29-2004, 03:58 AM
i doubt thats it Ruben,I it might be close.

Heres one,

A farmer has "Nine pigs".The framer must ship the "Nine Pigs" in 8 boxes to Japan.How does he do it? :think:

Edit:

Heres another one,

A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible? :think: :think: :think:

Ruben
05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
i doubt thats it Ruben,I it might be close.

Heres one,

A farmer has "Nine pigs".The framer must ship the "Nine Pigs" in 8 boxes to Japan.How does he do it? :think:
"Nine pigs" is the name for his 8 pigs ? :sweat: :goofy:

Edit:

Heres another one,

The other half are also boys. (or one has done a coughsurgerycough :eek:

I'll answer in the quote to avode confusion.

- Ruben V.

Lightning
05-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, it is that all are boys. Nope, Ruben's answer to my riddle is incorrect. Tell me when everyone gives up.

Dash
05-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I'll answer in the quote to avode confusion.

- Ruben V.

the 2cd ones right..........and your close on the first one..... :shhh: *HINT[Look at the name]* :shhh:

Ruben
05-29-2004, 02:37 PM
the 2cd ones right..........and your close on the first one..... :shhh: *HINT[Look at the name]* :shhh:

Yup, i know, because you wouldn't have ' " ' if you didn't ment something els, but there are so many answer, like that nine pigs is one item and he only uses on box or something...

- Ruben V.

Dash
05-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Yup, i know, because you wouldn't have ' " ' if you didn't ment something els, but there are so many answer, like that nine pigs is one item and he only uses on box or something...

- Ruben V.

\

closer,does evertone give up?

DaRkUmBrEoN
05-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Heres another one,

The woman is being count along. So there are 4 boys and 4 girls.

Lightning
05-30-2004, 07:50 PM
The woman is being count along. So there are 4 boys and 4 girls.

No everyone knows that the answer is that all of them are boys.

Iye
06-06-2004, 08:31 PM
I've got one:
Little Nanny Etticoat, in a white petticoat, and a red nose; the longer she stands, the shorter she grows. What is she?

VenusaurTrainer
06-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I've got one:
Little Nanny Etticoat, in a white petticoat, and a red nose; the longer she stands, the shorter she grows. What is she?

Is she a snowman?

Dash
06-07-2004, 09:08 PM
I guess everones stumped..........Anyways Nine Pigs arent pigs,they're lettersand theres 8 of them :doh:

Jessu
06-08-2004, 07:52 PM
I got one!

It runs but never walks, and it has a mouth that doesn't talk. What is it?

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I got one!

I guess it's a vacuum cleaner??? :sweat: :ermm:

Jessu
06-10-2004, 08:18 PM
I guess it's a vacuum cleaner??? :sweat: :ermm:
WRONG!

Oh yeah, and I got another one:

A farmer has 30 pigs and 28 chickens. How many many did not?

Ruben
06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I guess everones stumped..........Anyways Nine Pigs arent pigs,they're lettersand theres 8 of them :doh:

:eek: :dazed: :mad: I gave that as an answer and you said that was wrong !

- ruben V.

Ash Red Ketchum
08-27-2004, 06:03 AM
I got one!

:think: im stumped....HAHA! I WAS JOKING! its a river! a river runs but never walks, and has a mouth that doesnt talks, simple!

er, im not good at riddle making...but.....
i am black, and i am white, and im related to the horse, what am i?

Alakazam
08-27-2004, 11:04 AM
That'd be a Zebra.

TMTS
08-27-2004, 02:08 PM
i've got one! :tongue:

I am found everywhere, yet people pay a lot of money for me, and if you don't know who I am, I can kill you. What am I?

(no, it's not a mental person gone loose...)

Ash Red Ketchum
08-27-2004, 09:38 PM

I am found everywhere, yet people pay a lot of money for me, and if you don't know who I am, I can kill you. What am I?

(no, it's not a mental person gone loose...)some kind of bird or frog?

flyhighlatias!
08-27-2004, 10:12 PM

(no, it's not a mental person gone loose...)
A PEANUT!!!!!!! because thier found everywhere in food stores and people do pay alot of money for them(or at least my freakish family does :goofy: )and if you don't know what they are they can kill you if your alergic to them!.............is that the answer?...........is it?*goes and cries in corner*

Ash Red Ketchum
08-27-2004, 10:17 PM
maybe berries or mushrooms.....

Jessu
09-18-2004, 05:18 PM
I'll take a wild guess and say the Tazzy Devil