PDA

View Full Version : IV Checking

Eroiot
11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey,

Just wondering how you guys do this. Im told you need high level to get them right, but it seems like a lot of trouble to level up so many levels to find out. Isn't there any other way to do it?

brandon_g
11-21-2010, 02:55 PM
What does I V stand for?

Eroiot
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Individual points if I recall correctly. They are like the genes of the poke, and they tell you the potential value in each stat they can achieve.

Question still stands <3

Ossyrial
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calculator
You do need, however, to enter your EV. If you don't know them, this calculator unfortunately can't be used:sad:. You can check the IV's when a Poké is lower levelled, but then it's less accurate...

Eroiot
11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah that's the problem. Basically ive got a bunch of lvl 1 eevees and im trying to figure out if there will be an easier way than rare candy their ass up to 20-30 and checking every one's IV, one at a time. Thanks anyway :P

Shucklulz
11-23-2010, 06:06 AM
If you have Wi-Fi, you could try asking somebody for a Level 100 All battle, then enter the stats into a calculator (put the EVs at 0 unless they have EXP from battling something). The game levels them up to 100 for the duration of the battle, so no rare candying is required.

If you don't have Wi-Fi, you could try something like doing a Level 50 All battle on PBR or something, but I've found that calculators can sometimes be a few points off. The calculators might have been improved since I last used one (a little over a year and a half ago), so I could be wrong on that. :U

Eroiot
11-23-2010, 08:10 AM
If you have Wi-Fi, you could try asking somebody for a Level 100 All battle, then enter the stats into a calculator (put the EVs at 0 unless they have EXP from battling something). The game levels them up to 100 for the duration of the battle, so no rare candying is required.

If you don't have Wi-Fi, you could try something like doing a Level 50 All battle on PBR or something, but I've found that calculators can sometimes be a few points off. The calculators might have been improved since I last used one (a little over a year and a half ago), so I could be wrong on that. :U

Hm, I'll have to try that wifi thing. Thanks =)

DRAKING
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah that's the problem. Basically ive got a bunch of lvl 1 eevees and im trying to figure out if there will be an easier way than rare candy their ass up to 20-30 and checking every one's IV, one at a time. Thanks anyway :P

Easy, just throw the Eevee in the day-care and let it level up to about lvl 20-25. Then enter its stats and nature into the IV's calculater and voila.

Oh, do make SURE it doesn't get ANY EV points along the way, so DONT battle ANY pokemon. If you do, do yourself a favor and make a note of every pokemon it kills, find out how much EV each defeated pokemon it gives you (@serebii) and enter these values into the calculator as well. I know quit a bit about IV's, EV's, nature, breeding and all that stuff so feel free to ask me! Good luck!