PDA

View Full Version : Conquering the Pokeathlon!

Tsujin
11-26-2010, 07:00 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/94/Pok%C3%A9thlon_art.png/250px-Pok%C3%A9thlon_art.png

Recently I've decided to conquer the Pokeathlon and I've gotten all the way to the fourth and final room and now I've decided to max out my stats on some pokemon to beat all the records.

Does anyone know some Aprijuice recipes in order to increase stats without decresing any? Unfortunately you need to have one good Super Aprijuice because the effects don't continue to stack but are simply replaced by the next drink instead and all effects are lost whenever the Pokemon is place into the PC. So knowing that you need one good Aprijuice to increase all stats.

So far I know from Serebii that these apricorns increase these stats:

BLU Apricorn: Skill
Taste: Dry

GRN Apricorn: Jump
Taste: Bitter

PNK Apricorn: Speed
Taste: Sweet

RED Apricorn: Power
Taste: Spicy

YLW Apricorn: Stamina
Taste: Sour

BLK Apricorn: NONE
Taste: NONE

WHT Apricorn:
Taste: NONE

Any body experimented with Aprijuice that has any advice or recipes?

Latio-Nytro
11-26-2010, 07:13 PM
It's just a guess, but I heard that the Black Apricorn can strongly assist in making all drinks, and vice-versa, the White Apricorn can't really assist at all.

Also, sometimes it's not the best idea to max out stats, but rather minimize them. In the hurdle dash, you might land on a hurdle, but having low jump may lower this possability, I.E.

Arceus'es Pokeathelon stats can be changed by making it hold different plates, so in that particular case, you may not need drinks at all.

One more thing: Technique can generally be a more driving force than High stats. Know what kind of style is best, and It will make life much easier.

Just my opinion on the whole thing. I really just use High-stated Pokemon to begin with for the Pokeathelon, along with a good technique, so I don't really find it nessicary to make Apricorn Juice.

Tsujin
11-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah I've seen that Black Apricorns help but as for the pokemon I've already beat the whole
Pokeathlon I'm just trying to finish off the records for each event and get every crown on my statue.
So to help top it off I'm messing with Apricjuice. Also I'm trying to make each Pokemon I enter a full medalists.
Especially because I just remembered about it today so I'm toying with it.

DRAKING
11-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Just my 50 cents... I've made it to the final room a few months ago, because I wanted the Trainer Card Upgrade. Wasn't all that hard. My advice: DONT SPEND HOURS ON APRIJUICE, just take pokemons who have overall high stats (mostly legendaries). But most of the time you can just pick pokemon with the two mattering stats at max (5 stars). Just learn the gimmicks of every game and you get the final room in no time. Sometime a pokemon has big stars instead of normal stars (for example crobat has 5 BIG stars @ speed), this means the pokemon has an outstanding stat and is very usable! Also, when it comes down to getting into the final room, I believe it was only about getting a new record for every mini-game which means you can fully concentrate on that specific mini-game when entering a contest. So pick your pokemon wisely...

Also, somewhere in one of the rooms there's a person who gives you LOT of valuable hints! Good luck!

Oh, and Tsujin.... POKEATHLON FOREVER!!!!! :wink:

Tsujin
11-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Just my 50 cents... I've made it to the final room a few months ago, because I wanted the Trainer Card Upgrade. Wasn't all that hard. My advice: DONT SPEND HOURS ON APRIJUICE, just take pokemons who have overall high stats (mostly legendaries). But most of the time you can just pick pokemon with the two mattering stats at max (5 stars). Just learn the gimmicks of every game and you get the final room in no time. Sometime a pokemon has big stars instead of normal stars (for example crobat has 5 BIG stars @ speed), this means the pokemon has an outstanding stat and is very usable! Also, when it comes down to getting into the final room, I believe it was only about getting a new record for every mini-game which means you can fully concentrate on that specific mini-game when entering a contest. So pick your pokemon wisely...

Also, somewhere in one of the rooms there's a person who gives you LOT of valuable hints! Good luck!

Oh, and Tsujin.... POKEATHLON FOREVER!!!!! :wink:

Yeah, I'm already in the Final room with the statues. I'm just trying to beat the second level of records now. Seeing as you had to beat the record for every event to get into the final room I did that already. After that however it sets an even higher or faster record to beat in every event.

KronosClownz
11-27-2010, 07:58 AM
All I can say is it annoys me when it reduces a different stat. I recommend a black one.

Mr420
12-08-2010, 05:23 PM
i've been meaning to mess with aprijuice just to test things out.. but hve yet made the time to do so..
tho I still Pokeathlon I will one day add some usefull 411 to this thread

Saraibre Ryu
12-08-2010, 08:29 PM
When making aprijuice with the maximum amount of apricorns, when it's made, you can add more apricorns to it to balance it out.
If you want to max out a certain stat, put at least one more of that apricorn in it. That's what I do anyway and it works for me.

So say you want Power, Add 2 reds in, then one of the other colours in each. I don't use the black or white unless I'm out of the other ones. Usually you can't get them all in the first time, and I've found that putting more into already made aprijiuce doesn't overcome the previous properties of the last jiuce. After the aprijiuce is made, just repeat a second time and add in whatever ones you missed, but make sure that whatever stat you want still has the higher apricorn count by one. Usually the second time, it'll increase your stat without reducing it, half the time I get two stats going up and nothing going down.

This is what I've experimented with on my Soul Silver and it works for me. I have gotten close to all perfect stats once, but never quite gotten there. Yet anyway, I was one or two stars off. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Trent Reznor
12-14-2010, 06:57 PM
I tried the Pokeathlon when I first reached Goldenrod. NOT GOOD.