PDA

View Full Version : If 4K!ds dubbed...

Megiddo Flame
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Basically, come up with all of the horrible ways 4K!ds would mutilate and molest your favorite anime series.

I'll start with Digimon Frontier
(great when dubbed by Disney, but imagine if 4K!ds got their nasty paws on it)

They'd butcher the Spirit Evolution scenes, mostly to make it a lot less obvious that they're NAKED for half the scene.

They'd try and change Lucemon's name to avoid relation with "Lucifer".

They'd make Dynasmon and Crusadermon act and talk like Jesse and James.

They'd probably change Takuya's name to Tyler, Koji to Karl, and Kouichi to Kevin.

They'd make the BGM a lot worse than Disney's.

And finally, they'd have Kouichi come back to life with loss of memory after his confrontation with Lucemon, but that would be the one GOOD thing Al Khan would have happen.

Peace Buyer
12-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Good thing they wont grab hold of bleach ☆_☆

If they did...

Theyd take all the cursing out :(
They'd change Ichigo to Ian
They'd change Rukiya yo Ronda
They'd change Chad to Chad
Oh and tons less violece...
ETC.

Fourthy
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
If they got a hold on Death Note...

Well, there wouldn't even be a Death Note.

Master Zorua
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
If they got a hold of Berserk, there'd have only one heavily edited episode considering the anime is mostly about a guy with a giant sword killing and mutilating armies and demons, along with sex scenes and suggestive themes. They'd never show it and never allow it to be showed. Ever.

If they got a hold of Chobits, they'd edit out several sexual references, including where Chi's reset button is, as well as the scenes where Hideki activates Chi and when Chi goes to work for a voyeur business. Also, Matosua's eloping with his teacher would be removed. A lot of the dialogue would be edited.

Operative
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
If they got a hold on Death Note...

Well, there wouldn't even be a Death Note.

Slightly Injured Note.

Phantom Kat
12-06-2010, 11:09 PM
If 4Kids got a hold of Full Metal Alchemist:

- Nina and Alexander would have just disappeared or left, just like Nina's mom.
- Gluttony's stomach isn't filled with blood but rather the tears of all those the Homunculi have hurt.
- Lan Fan didn't cut off her arm. It was merely a decoy.
- In that case, Ed didn't lose his limbs. They were simply modified, and now he's part mecha.
- Al didn't lose his body. He simply becamse stuck in the suit of armor due to some magic spell.
- Mustang didn't burn Lust to death. The flames were painless and made her realize that she was a good person, err, Homunculus, after all.
- Better yet, none of the Homnculi died. They simply became humans and lived among them, just how they always wanted.
- Izumi stranded Ed and Al during their training on an island that actually had a small, thriving community. :tongue:

Yeah, thank God for Funimation. ^-^

- Kat

Sixto
12-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Slightly Injured Note.
Oh man, this made me laugh a lot. I cried.

And I don't know if 4Kids has any say in names, do they? I would think like with Pokemon, Gamefreak or Nintendo of America comes up with the names, not the production company. I don't know. I may be way off. XD

Fourthy
12-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Slightly Injured Note.
He's dead, Jim!

No, he just has a minor scratch on his knee. He will recover after the series is done.

Disco
12-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Slightly Injured Note.

Hurt Feelings Note. :B

Winter
12-08-2010, 02:21 AM
If they got a hold of Berserk, there'd have only one heavily edited episode considering the anime is mostly about a guy with a giant sword killing and mutilating armies and demons, along with sex scenes and suggestive themes. They'd never show it and never allow it to be showed. Ever.

If they got a hold of Chobits, they'd edit out several sexual references, including where Chi's reset button is, as well as the scenes where Hideki activates Chi and when Chi goes to work for a voyeur business. Also, Matosua's eloping with his teacher would be removed. A lot of the dialogue would be edited.
XD And don't forget all of Zima's advances on Dita and the fun cussing, and the various scenes where Hideki is confused about which of the various hot girls in the series he likes, all his "tasty side-dishes", and my two personal favorite scenes: The panties scene and getting drunk with Ms. Shimizu!

Oh, and all the awesome Japanese names would be crappy American one.

And I agree with whoever it was that called Bleach, they totally jacked up Tokyo Mew Mew as it is, then didn't finish the dub!

Megiddo Flame
12-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Good thing they wont grab hold of bleach ☆_☆

If they did...

Theyd take all the cursing out :(
They'd change Ichigo to Ian
They'd change Rukiya yo Ronda
They'd change Chad to Chad
Oh and tons less violece...
ETC.
And if I remember correctly, someone told me if 4K!ds got Bleach, Yoruichi wouldn't be black. But I never got to watching any episodes of that show.

Peace Buyer
12-18-2010, 07:53 PM
And if I remember correctly, someone told me if 4K!ds got Bleach, Yoruichi wouldn't be black. But I never got to watching any episodes of that show.

Nooooo! she was the strongest femanine on the show... :(

Im glade Adult swim has Bleach, they made tinny tiny changes the makes it more comorehensable to English speaking people

Oh and if 4kidz got is... no more big breasted ep. 200 something (its a filler but the best one imo)

Larvinator
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Slightly Injured Note.
Hurt Feelings Note. :B
I prefer Casey & Friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28), myself.

Megiddo Flame
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I prefer Casey & Friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28), myself.
If they got Digimon Tamers, Megidramon would be less scary, and the Devas would be edited to be less Chinese, along with the Sovereigns, and Leomon wouldn't technically be dead.

RocketMeowth
12-27-2010, 02:08 PM
OMG CASEY AND FRIENDS IS THE BEST ANIME EVER! My god I was crying I was laughing so hard...

If they got a hold of Case Closed....

- no blood
- all episodes saying "murder" would probably use "destory" or some word that doesn't actually involve death
- no alcohol, the father would be drinking juice or pop or water or something...
- the main character, Jimmy Kudo, wouldn't have been shrunken by a chemical, but by some strange after effect of a sugar pill....
- the men in black would be like, DARK SYNDICATE, or something...
- he wouldn't have a crush on nobody no how. He would just be good friends, no relation or anything
- his parents would NEVER be mentioned for the soul reason that thy aren't there
- no rice balls. They would be donuts. CAUSE RICEBALLS ARE TOTALLY DONUTS I CAN SEE THAT!!! Or they'd be edited.... either way Riceballs are magic.
- guns turned into water guns or even lasers... cause yeah... everyone can own lasers...

I think they'd call Death Note, Disaster Note and everyone would just faint or something or become petrified. All Shinigami would be called Dark Ones or some bogus stuff like that... yeah it would fail. xDD

EDIT:

Dammit Chaos... it's five minutes after I watched that and I'm still laughing my head off. xDDD

=^^= Nya

Peace Buyer
12-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Oh and Yoruichi wouldnt be smexy >_>

Megiddo Flame
12-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh and Yoruichi wouldnt be smexy >_>
Same difference.

Also, if they end up getting Digimon Xros Wars, most of the Bagura Empire baddies would be toned down, especially Lilithmon and MadLeomon.

Peace Buyer
01-03-2011, 11:04 PM
I have never heard of that digimon :/

I say that Disney XD crap or Cartoon network should stick with the dubbing, i mean if CN allows Adventure time, and that has a crap load of violence in it they'll allow anything in it....

Doodlebop
01-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I have never heard of that digimon :/

I say that Disney XD crap or Cartoon network should stick with the dubbing, i mean if CN allows Adventure time, and that has a crap load of violence in it they'll allow anything in it....

I don't watch Adventure Time, so I dunno how violent it is, but have you ever heard of Elfin Lied?

Because... in all probability, it beats Adventure Time two to one. O.O'

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Television censorship gets way to out of control. I think people fail to realize that everybody is going to find SOMETHING to be offended by EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. Which means, that if you want to ban all those T.V shows, or censor them beyond any conceivable means of watching them, I am going to go after your shows. ;)

Don't worry soccer moms, I will end you stupid little soap opera. :crackup:

Peace Buyer
01-29-2011, 04:04 AM
I don't watch Adventure Time, so I dunno how violent it is, but have you ever heard of Elfin Lied?

Because... in all probability, it beats Adventure Time two to one. O.O'

Here's the problem Adventure Time is a Cartoon Elfin Lied is an Anime. Huge difference. Anime is suppossed to have a certain amount of violence/ fun. Cartoons are ment for kids and are usually cartoonic violence. and alot of fun. Big diff.... >_>

Television censorship gets way to out of control. I think people fail to realize that everybody is going to find SOMETHING to be offended by EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. Which means, that if you want to ban all those T.V shows, or censor them beyond any conceivable means of watching them, I am going to go after your shows. ;)

Don't worry soccer moms, I will end you stupid little soap opera. :crackup:

True. Its just that 4kids takes it to a whole new level of cencorship.

Doodlebop
01-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Here's the problem Adventure Time is a Cartoon Elfin Lied is an Anime. Huge difference. Anime is suppossed to have a certain amount of violence/ fun. Cartoons are ment for kids and are usually cartoonic violence. and alot of fun. Big diff.... >_>

Well, you seemed to be comparing anime and Adventure Time, so I just kinda figured... yeah... Whatever, doesn't really matter. *shrug* I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, though.

Peace Buyer
02-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Well, you seemed to be comparing anime and Adventure Time, so I just kinda figured... yeah... Whatever, doesn't really matter. *shrug* I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, though.

Lolz I deserve a smack for that x3

but really, Adventure time is pretty violent for a cartoon... I'm just wondering why Cartoon network wont bring that Tunami thingy back... TTwTT

Megiddo Flame
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
If they dubbed Digimon 02, they'd turn the Digimon Kaiser's "slaves" into "goons" or something, and totally f**k up BlackWarGreymon's backstory.

Charizard Michelle
02-25-2011, 05:04 AM

True. Its just that 4kids takes it to a whole new level of cencorship.

I beg to differ on the difference between cartoons and anime. Anime and cartoons are the same thing and at the end of the day anime is just cartoons. The only difference is that anime comes from Japan.

Cartoons can be violent and are not always meant for kids. Family Guy and Venture Brothers are good examples of cartoons that are not meant for kids. Anime at the same time doesn't always have to be violent as seen with Kaasan/Mom's Life.

Okay. I am done here and being off topic in a way.

I still surprise that 4Kids were willing to dub YGO 5Ds.

Megiddo Flame
02-27-2011, 08:08 PM
More things from Digimon Tamers

Leomon's death at the hands of Beelzemon, and the fight between Beelzemon and Megidramon, would be edited a lot.

And the Devas would be called the "Zodiac Beasts" or something like that.

The D-Reaper's name would also change e D-Stroyer or something retarded like that.

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
A good portion of the anime and manga I read would never land on 4Kids... So I normally have to watch it on the old Toonami Jetstream Library I have, or simply search for the episodes on amazon and purchase them... Damn you Cartoon Network! Why did you take away Toonami!? WHY!!!???

Kenny_C.002
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
I beg to differ on the difference between cartoons and anime. Anime and cartoons are the same thing and at the end of the day anime is just cartoons. The only difference is that anime comes from Japan.

Cartoons can be violent and are not always meant for kids. Family Guy and Venture Brothers are good examples of cartoons that are not meant for kids. Anime at the same time doesn't always have to be violent as seen with Kaasan/Mom's Life.

Interestingly enough the development of anime and cartoons have some contrasts between them outside of art style and relations to its reading counterpart (manga vs comic/graphic novel). Anime seems to have additional diversifications and genre that are rarely seen in cartoons. American cartoons rarely cross satire/ironic themes when it comes to adult cartoons, whereas deconstruction tends to be a prevalent theme in adult anime. Outside of that the differences aren't that much, especially with cross-cultural movements with manga like Megatokyo where it's basically a manga except it's made entirely by an American.

The issue with 4Kids is simply that they decided to market anime meant for an older audience to a younger audience (a part of the tween phenomenon), but had to make changes to be able to clear those issues. Why? Tweens have as strong a spending power and more brand loyalty with less rationality than teens.