PDA

View Full Version : [DS] TEAM RP - The Synth Crisis Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Neo Emolga
12-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Any questions or concerns about the RP, sign ups, or whatever can go here.

Remember, if you have an issue that needs to be discussed and worked out in the RP, such as a claim of god-modding or something like that, bring it here to work it out, please don't pump the thread full of out of character stuff.

Saraibre Ryu
12-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Yay I get to be the first to ask questions. XD

About the meltdown sites. After the meltdown, are these sites going to be approachable and have anything left of them or are they going to completely be, and literally melted? (Yes that was a stupid counter statement)

Neo Emolga
12-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Yay I get to be the first to ask questions. XD

About the meltdown sites. After the meltdown, are these sites going to be approachable and have anything left of them or are they going to completely be, and literally melted? (Yes that was a stupid counter statement)

Essentially, what happens is that the plant explodes. The technology and machinery inside will be heavily damaged, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to possibly repair some of it or salvage at least something from the ruins.

RocketMeowth
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Does the Synth that has spread have any other kind of adverse affects on like, wild Pokemon? Or are they just completely immune to it?

=^^= Nya

Neo Emolga
12-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Does the Synth that has spread have any other kind of adverse affects on like, wild Pokemon? Or are they just completely immune to it?

=^^= Nya

They are completely immune. Its just humans that can't endure it at all.

Windchaser54321
12-18-2010, 07:13 PM
This might be a bit of a stupid question, but...

Is the Synth gas heavier than air? Basically, is it possible to fly above the gas? Or is there so much of it that it would be insanely difficult for a human to get out of its range by going up?

Neo Emolga
12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
This might be a bit of a stupid question, but...

Is the Synth gas heavier than air? Basically, is it possible to fly above the gas? Or is there so much of it that it would be insanely difficult for a human to get out of its range by going up?

It is heavier than air, and yes, you could fly above it. Most buildings sit within the gas itself, but some of the higher ones like skyscrapers reach above and beyond the gas.

As a reference, let's just say the gas covers all areas fifty stories above the ground. So yes, areas that aren't covered in gas do exist.

RocketMeowth
12-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Haha, it would probably be really hard for a human to get up to those untainted zones unless they are still in unaffected areas. That way they could just move out of preparation for future events or cause of paranoia.

=^^= Nya

bronislav84
12-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Hmm how is it that there is no mention of wind carrying the gas to other places (as in diluting and spreading it over a wider area), and does the fact that the gas doesn't cover the all the airspace above ground mean sky cities are might be possible?

DaRkUmBrEoN
12-18-2010, 07:51 PM
So if I understand it correctly, 'Head for the hills' wasn't such a bad idea. So basically everything up let's say 50 stories high whether man-made or not is and will be safe terrain unless a plant was made at roughly that attitude.

Lusankya
12-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmm how is it that there is no mention of wind carrying the gas to other places (as in diluting and spreading it over a wider area), and does the fact that the gas doesn't cover the all the airspace above ground mean sky cities are might be possible?

I don't think the tech level calls for that...

Giratina
12-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know. There might be a mad scientist and an architect somewhere who really like Metagross... XD

Lusankya
12-18-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't know. There might be a mad scientist and an architect somewhere who really like Metagross... XD

Oo Flying cities kinda ranks up there with interplanetary exploration on the tech scale, I think. Probably above it, since we could conceivably start colonizing Mars today, but nobody has a clue how to build a flying city. So... I dunno xD

Giratina
12-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Metagross levitate using lots and lots of magnetic force, don't they? :/ I'm sure someone can replicate that on some scale. It would have to be a group of Hybrids who get along well with humans (and who would be willing to help them), though.

RocketMeowth
12-18-2010, 09:16 PM

Oo Flying cities kinda ranks up there with interplanetary exploration on the tech scale, I think. Probably above it, since we could conceivably start colonizing Mars today, but nobody has a clue how to build a flying city. So... I dunno xD

You have to admit though, the idea is really interesting. How it could be pulled off may be near to impossible, mainly cause I don't think the world has enough resources... but then again I could be wrong.

Metagross levitate using lots and lots of magnetic force, don't they? :/ I'm sure someone can replicate that on some scale. It would have to be a group of Hybrids who get along well with humans (and who would be willing to help them), though.

Oooo but I do like that Metagross idea! That might be an interesting concept on creating the cities....

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-18-2010, 09:17 PM

First, there's somewhat of a big difference between a Metagross and a city.

Second, there's somewhat of a big difference between hovering a couple inches off the ground and flying thousands of feet up in the air.

Could you conceive it? Sure, not very practical though, and there's not much point in having a flying city either except to show off. :p

Giratina
12-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Indeed. But more mass and surface area will likely mean more magnetic power, and if I recall correctly, it's only 51 feet off the ground that this city needs to go, not a few thousand. It wouldn't be a large establishment, obviously. XD (I don't think I need to cite the issue of Lawrence III's ship, which was a giant mechanical monstrosity about the size of a respectable city and was held up by cute little propellers floating all over the place...) I had this idea for a fanfic a long time back, so I decided to throw it in when the subject of flying cities appeared.

Phantasm.Angel
12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Actually it covers areas up to fifty stories, not fifty feet.

Giratina
12-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Oh wow. I must have misread that. x_x

Phantasm.Angel
12-18-2010, 09:36 PM
speaking of heights and what not, is air travel still able to be used by normal humans? Or is it much more of a privilege for hybrids and chimeras?

Lusankya
12-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Indeed. But more mass and surface area will likely mean more magnetic power, and if I recall correctly, it's only 51 feet off the ground that this city needs to go, not a few thousand. It wouldn't be a large establishment, obviously. XD (I don't think I need to cite the issue of Lawrence III's ship, which was a giant mechanical monstrosity about the size of a respectable city and was held up by cute little propellers floating all over the place...) I had this idea for a fanfic a long time back, so I decided to throw it in when the subject of flying cities appeared.

Magnetism scales inversely with distance, so as something gets bigger, the amount of magnetic energy required to keep it floating increases exponentially...

And don't remind me about Lawrence XD

Well, it's up to Neo if he wants to allow it or not, but I don't think there'd be much point even if it were allowed. Easier to just build a city on a mountain.

Giratina
12-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Also true. It would be easier to make a city on a mountain. But we would still need benevolent, pro-humanity squads of Hybrids or Chimaeras to do so, because really, who's going to build a habitat for the humans if the racism Neo described is going on?

Lusankya
12-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Also true. It would be easier to make a city on a mountain. But we would still need benevolent, pro-humanity squads of Hybrids or Chimaeras to do so, because really, who's going to build a habitat for the humans if the racism Neo described is going on?

Well, if the humans tunnel their way there, it could be feasible. Or humans in power suits could build it.

Giratina
12-18-2010, 09:50 PM
If we went the power-suit route, we would need to wait until those could be mass-developed so that whole work forces could use them. And tunneling, same - we would need to develop some kind of drill faction, who also ought to be wearing some protection against synth, in case it got in to the mountain somehow (highly unlikely, but this isn't stuff to play around with).

Dr Scott
12-18-2010, 10:07 PM
In an RP. In a world where animals fight with large explosions and fire and yet somehow humans control them and live. In a world where evil humans can be shot into the sky and live. I don't think we need to go into physics THIS much. I cite the new Bioshock as my belief that flying cities exist, by the way.

As for an actual question: How into the types are we going? For instance, say a human takes a branch (A PLANT) and thwacks a water type (for instance) with it. Will said branch be SUPER EFFECTIVE?

Neo Emolga
12-18-2010, 10:08 PM
First and foremost, I'm not going to micromanage the reality aspects of this RP. Its a basic concept, let's keep it basic. There's a lot of gas, it kills people, and even though there are areas where the gas is weak or isn't around, the number of those places is pretty small and obviously people aren't going to attempt trial and error to see what places actually do have gas and with ones don't. If you're a human, you'd have to be an idiot to go on the surface without protection in a region that has Synth gas.

bronislav84
12-19-2010, 02:34 AM
/late

I probably should have added the word eventually in my sky city idea. And I didn't mean held up by magnetism or antigravity, but plain old hovering/flying in place like the SHIELD helecarrier or those floating buildings briefly mentioned in Batman Beyond.

So since the gas is visible, all that's needed is for somebody to create a way to keep stuff aloft for long periods of time, and keep it above the gas. The city/buildings would need to either run on rechargeable batteries and periodically land to recharge, or on solar panels/wind power.

But the idea is not really unfeasible. Reminds me of a book I read about how aliens came to earth and eventually confessed that they were not really aliens but evolved humans from a couple thousand years in the future, and looked nothing like humans. They lived in orbit at all times because society had spoiled the planet. Although living in orbit goes against the allowable stuff in the RP, since the gas doesn't cover all the way up to the end of the atmosphere, I don't think finding a way to stay above it is unfeasible. It's the same as underground cities really. Either you live below it or live above it, but you gotta live somewhere. Also with population to think about, there's only so much of the crust that can be dug into without causing cave ins so eventually more room would be needed anyway.

Lusankya
12-19-2010, 03:42 AM
/late

I probably should have added the word eventually in my sky city idea. And I didn't mean held up by magnetism or antigravity, but plain old hovering/flying in place like the SHIELD helecarrier or those floating buildings briefly mentioned in Batman Beyond.

So since the gas is visible, all that's needed is for somebody to create a way to keep stuff aloft for long periods of time, and keep it above the gas. The city/buildings would need to either run on rechargeable batteries and periodically land to recharge, or on solar panels/wind power.

But the idea is not really unfeasible. Reminds me of a book I read about how aliens came to earth and eventually confessed that they were not really aliens but evolved humans from a couple thousand years in the future, and looked nothing like humans. They lived in orbit at all times because society had spoiled the planet. Although living in orbit goes against the allowable stuff in the RP, since the gas doesn't cover all the way up to the end of the atmosphere, I don't think finding a way to stay above it is unfeasible. It's the same as underground cities really. Either you live below it or live above it, but you gotta live somewhere. Also with population to think about, there's only so much of the crust that can be dug into without causing cave ins so eventually more room would be needed anyway.

Not unfeasible? It's not technologically possible from a modern standpoint. Look at a helicopter. Look at how big it's rotors are compared to itself. Look at a blimp. Look at how big the balloon part is compared to the space where people actually get to go. Short of magic, there is no conceivable way we can keep anything the size of a city flying for any decent amount of time. And if we could, it would nearly have to be pure propulsion and fuel, with almost no room for anything else except the stuff that keeps in flying. And that's not even getting into the technological implications of a structure that enormous, of the problems of keeping such a structure in a single piece as the propulsion system is constantly attempting to shake it to pieces, or of the coordination between the propulsion systems to keep the thing level.

Of course, this isn't reality, so we could always make something up, but you shouldn't go around saying the idea of a flying city is "not unfeasible". In terms of the tech scale, it is way beyond colonizing Mars. I am almost certain we will have settlements on other planets and space elevators before we have flying cities.

It'd be more practical to build it on stilts. Really, really big stilts.

bronislav84
12-19-2010, 04:04 AM
You're kidding right? With enough propulsion or propellers, it's quite possible but expensive to keep up so nobody wants to do it. Also you never mentioned what's wrong with flying buildings from Batman Beyond. You can Google or Youtube for clips, but this did exist in there.

Also the SHEILD hellicarrier from Marvel seems to have no trouble staying up for long periods of time. The amount of agents in there is relative to a small city. The idea is basically adopting helicopter technology to a larger mass, and finding a way to power it for long periods of time.

This is all fiction, so even if you start saying that these two references still are unfeasible IRL, consider that fictional references do exist.

Stilts? What's to stop malicious people from just destroying the stilts?

Master Zorua
12-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Or if you'd like to go for a more 'Bioshock'-esque city, it would be feasible to have a pressure-treated glass domed underwater city with all of the water pumped out of the dome and have an air filtering system to send clean, filtered air from the surface and exhaust stale air out of the city.

Neo Emolga
12-19-2010, 05:28 AM
If you think about it, trying to build a flying city would be an extremely costly and time-consuming project. Meanwhile, you'd have to find a way to get food and water up to it, find a way for it to get electrical power, and even get people onto it in the first place.

Up to you, though, I wouldn't say its impossible. Again, the RP is science fiction based, don't be too quick to crack open a physics book. Its more enjoyable if people are more open-minded in terms of what's allowable.

Saraibre Ryu
12-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Or if you'd like to go for a more 'Bioshock'-esque city, it would be feasible to have a pressure-treated glass domed underwater city with all of the water pumped out of the dome and have an air filtering system to send clean, filtered air from the surface and exhaust stale air out of the city.

Funny you should mention Bioshock in the midst of a flying city discussion...

If anyone has seen the trailers, Bioshock Infinite is based in a flying city setting. They even explained it in the short sequence of an episode of EP. I can see it being held up on it's own by lightning towers, generators, pressurized gasses, so on and so forth.

2gamers
12-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Just browsing, but I thought I would add my thoughts.

What if the mountain city existed prior to the Synth disaster? Maybe this city/town was so rural it didn't have it's own Synth power plant. I could easily see Blackthorn City or even a small population of trainers stranded on Indigo Plateau qualify for such.

Lusankya
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
You're kidding right? With enough propulsion or propellers, it's quite possible but expensive to keep up so nobody wants to do it. Also you never mentioned what's wrong with flying buildings from Batman Beyond. You can Google or Youtube for clips, but this did exist in there.

Also the SHEILD hellicarrier from Marvel seems to have no trouble staying up for long periods of time. The amount of agents in there is relative to a small city. The idea is basically adopting helicopter technology to a larger mass, and finding a way to power it for long periods of time.

This is all fiction, so even if you start saying that these two references still are unfeasible IRL, consider that fictional references do exist.

Stilts? What's to stop malicious people from just destroying the stilts?

Did I not specifically state that you can BS something since this is an RP? I am saying that flying cities are horrifically unfeasible in reality. Using examples from cartoons and comics does not help your case. Laputa is a magical flying island in Gulliver's Travels, that doesn't mean magical flying islands are feasible in reality. You simply seem to think that a flying city is a simple extension of already-existing technology. It is not. You cannot simply make something bigger then expect it to still work.

Windchaser54321
12-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Excuse me for butting in on the entire flying city debate, but...

Question: Since the sign-ups were a day early, does that mean the role play will start a day early, too?

bronislav84
12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Where did I mention magic Lus, where? Nowhere did i suggest BSing with sorcery, which is the definition of BS just because of it being magic which is not real IRL.

And yet the SHIELD hellicarrier example does work off an extension of existing technology. Marvel Comics are set only slightly in the future. I'm talking about the one from the recent Avengers cartoon specifically, or even the 1900s Spiderman cartoon. Go look it up before you say it's impossible to use helicopter technology to keep something of that size aloft, please.

Neo Emolga
12-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Excuse me for butting in on the entire flying city debate, but...

Question: Since the sign-ups were a day early, does that mean the role play will start a day early, too?

Nah, that will start on time. I just thought it would be a little helpful for an extra day to get SUs ready and stuff.

Giratina
12-19-2010, 10:14 PM
How about we resolve it this way: if the need for a flying city suddenly comes up in the roleplay, we create a list of justifiable reasons for making a flying city, and make a flying city. No need to argue over something that may or may not exist.

bronislav84
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm ok with that if Lus is. :smile:

Neo Emolga
12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
How about we resolve it this way: if the need for a flying city suddenly comes up in the roleplay, we create a list of justifiable reasons for making a flying city, and make a flying city. No need to argue over something that may or may not exist.

Congratulations! You win the thread!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/AudienceClap.gif

Seriously, it should always be done this way.

Giratina
12-19-2010, 11:10 PM
/victory lap!

Seriously though. Thanks. XD Didn't make much sense to be arguing about the city that never was, eh?

... /curses

Lusankya
12-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Where did I mention magic Lus, where? Nowhere did i suggest BSing with sorcery, which is the definition of BS just because of it being magic which is not real IRL.

And yet the SHIELD hellicarrier example does work off an extension of existing technology. Marvel Comics are set only slightly in the future. I'm talking about the one from the recent Avengers cartoon specifically, or even the 1900s Spiderman cartoon. Go look it up before you say it's impossible to use helicopter technology to keep something of that size aloft, please.

Your argument that something is possible... is that it exists in a 1900s Spiderman cartoon?

._.

bronislav84
12-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Since you don't want to drop it......

Why yes, yes it is. Go look up the references, or DROP IT.

Charizard Michelle
12-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Your argument that something is possible... is that it exists in a 1900s Spiderman cartoon?

._.

Yeah. SHIELD in the 90's Spiderman cartoon had a flying base like they do all the time. The parody SHIELD in Venture Brothers has a flying fortress in the sky too.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 12:05 AM
=D How about some cake? Does anyone want any cake? It comes with healing preservatives that help the body cope with injury. This cake is not a lie.

The synth gas could be a lie.... it could tell us that it came to my birthday and in reality, it blew me off cause of indifference.

Anyways, with all the racial schtuff going on in the RP, how many people would there really be who would join up with hybrids and chemera? Or is that number souly up to us RPers of brilliance?

......... that offer of cake is still up by the way...

=^^= Nya

Larvinator
12-20-2010, 12:06 AM
OH BOY 3 PAGES OF TECHNOLOGY WANK IN A WORLD WITH KARATE MONKEYS WITH FLAMING BUTTS AND A CHILDCARE SYSTEM WHEREIN ALL CHILDREN ESCHEW PRIMARY SCHOOL TO FIGHT CRIME AND TRAIN DANGEROUS ANIMALS I SURE DO LOVE THESE TEAM RPS

But, seriously, you guys.

Flaming karate monkeys.

Also, I find citing fictional works legitimate because this RP exists in a fictional universe. Just sayin'. Now let's stop being silly nerds and start focusing on how awesome this RP is going to be.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 12:09 AM
OH BOY 3 PAGES OF TECHNOLOGY WANK IN A WORLD WITH KARATE MONKEYS WITH FLAMING BUTTS AND A CHILDCARE SYSTEM WHEREIN ALL CHILDREN ESCHEW PRIMARY SCHOOL TO FIGHT CRIME AND TRAIN DANGEROUS ANIMALS I SURE DO LOVE THESE TEAM RPS

Flaming karate monkeys.

Also, I find citing fictional works legitimate because this RP exists in a fictional universe. Just sayin'. Now let's stop being silly nerds and start focusing on how awesome this RP is going to be.

Lets not forget that some Pokemon are born with clothing. ;D

http://static.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/538_nageki_front_norm.png http://static.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/539_dageki_front_norm.png http://static.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/107_hitmonchan_front_norm.png

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Since you don't want to drop it......

Why yes, yes it is. Go look up the references, or DROP IT.

*patpat* Hey, I'm not your psychiatrist, I don't need to fix your issues.

@RM: My grandfather was born wearing a chainmail shirt, I don't find anything wrong with that.

Giratina
12-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Did someone say CAKE?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/37712349/Poor__Poor_Vexen_by_Oriana132.jpg

...Okay, fanfiction references aside. I don't quite see what you mean, RM. Are you asking about who's going to play humans who like the Hybrids and Chimaeras (yes, I know Neo spells it 'chimera'), or...?

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Both kinda. I'm just curious especially with NPC, if there would be a lot of human NPC characters or if it would be more so the hybrids or chimeras?

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Both kinda. I'm just curious especially with NPC, if there would be a lot of human NPC characters or if it would be more so the hybrids or chimeras?

=^^= Nya

I can't really see half the world population becoming hybrids in just a few years, so probably the vast majority of people are well, people.

bronislav84
12-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah. SHIELD in the 90's Spiderman cartoon had a flying base like they do all the time. The parody SHIELD in Venture Brothers has a flying fortress in the sky too.Thank you Mikey.OH BOY 3 PAGES OF TECHNOLOGY WANK IN A WORLD WITH KARATE MONKEYS WITH FLAMING BUTTS AND A CHILDCARE SYSTEM WHEREIN ALL CHILDREN ESCHEW PRIMARY SCHOOL TO FIGHT CRIME AND TRAIN DANGEROUS ANIMALS I SURE DO LOVE THESE TEAM RPS

Flaming karate monkeys.

Also, I find citing fictional works legitimate because this RP exists in a fictional universe. Just sayin'. Now let's stop being silly nerds and start focusing on how awesome this RP is going to be.That was the point I was trying to make. In a fictional world, fictional references to a something of similar tech level are legitimate.*patpat* Hey, I'm not your psychiatrist, I don't need to fix your issues.

@RM: My grandfather was born wearing a chainmail shirt, I don't find anything wrong with that.Hey, you're the one with the issues pal, which you keep bringing up. :rolleyes: Now either give up and drop it like I said I would or look it up before you just outright shoot it down. Because I'm getting tired of telling you I'm not pulling this out from my armpit and these are actual fictional derivatives of current technology. In a fictional world, fictional references to a similar tech level society are valid. We are not talking about only real life.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 01:35 AM
I can't really see half the world population becoming hybrids in just a few years, so probably the vast majority of people are well, people.

I guess. That would make sense... I forgot it's only a few years after the synth exploded that this RP takes place. Haha. That brings another idea to mind. What about failed experiments? I'm sure that when this started, people subjected as early test subjects didn't have successful results... like say the body rejected something and it drove them mad?

We could have these human houndoom pidgey things that don't look like Pokemon or people, but rather disgusting mutations gone horribly wrong?

xD Haha, sorry, my mind love to wander.

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Thank you Mikey.That was the point I was trying to make. In a fictional world, fictional references to a something of similar tech level are legitimate.Hey, you're the one with the issues pal, which you keep bringing up. :rolleyes: Now either give up and drop it like I said I would or look it up before you just outright shoot it down. Because I'm getting tired of telling you I'm not pulling this out from my armpit and these are actual fictional derivatives of current technology. In a fictional world, fictional references to a similar tech level society are valid. We are not talking about only real life.

That's fine and all, but I never gave a damn about how viable flying cities were in fiction. As said before, I could care less if someone decides to make a flying city in the RP, I was just pointing out how technologically impossible it would actually be. If you were trying to argue that flying cities can exist in fiction, well, you were just wasting time.

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Anyways, with all the racial schtuff going on in the RP, how many people would there really be who would join up with hybrids and chemera? Or is that number souly up to us RPers of brilliance?

Its really up to the RPers to decide, but obviously there would be some who are for it, and some who are against it, both with reasons to justify their claims and motives. It also depends on what the team's stance is on it. For example, from what I can see, I think Beta Green is against the Hybrids and Chimeras.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Its really up to the RPers to decide, but obviously there would be some who are for it, and some who are against it, both with reasons to justify their claims and motives. It also depends on what the team's stance is on it. For example, from what I can see, I think Beta Green is against the Hybrids and Chimeras.

Alright. Thanks for clearing that up to its fullest. What do you think about mutations like I said earlier? Could it be possible to maybe see a few of them? Sorry for so many questions that just may be obvious beyond all freaking belief. xDDD

=^^= Nya

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up to its fullest. What do you think about mutations like I said earlier? Could it be possible to maybe see a few of them? Sorry for so many questions that just may be obvious beyond all freaking belief. xDDD

=^^= Nya

There might be a rare few cases, but I don't think they would be too common.

And yes, there would still be a lot of human NPCs.

bronislav84
12-20-2010, 01:55 AM
And why are you here wasting my time if you don't care, Lus? Either you care, or you're continuing this just to annoy me. That's just tro--wait do mods do that? :eek:

Oh and you were the one who brought up real life physics and stuff. I always talk realistic, not real life. But it IS possible in real life. There's just nobody crazy enough to make it work un real life and nobody who would pay for it. The tech is there. Put enough propellers/jet engines on it and anything can fly if there's enough power. You cannot deny this. You just can't. Period.

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Guys...

SHUT UP ABOUT ALL THESE SCIENTIFIC THEORIES AND WHETHER THEY'RE PLAUSIBLE OR NOT.

Thank you. And if you continue, I'm going to delete your posts faster than the Hamburglar can steal quarter-pounders.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Guys...

SHUT UP ABOUT ALL THESE SCIENTIFIC THEORIES AND WHETHER THEY'RE PLAUSIBLE OR NOT.

Thank you. And if you continue, I'm going to delete your posts faster than the Humburglar can steal quarter-pounders.

OMG NOT THE HUMBURGLER!!! He's worse than the Hamburgler!! He hums terrible tunes that rot the brain!!

=^^= Nya

bronislav84
12-20-2010, 02:06 AM
I know I said on page 2 that I would if he would, but he just keeps pushing it on.

Really, I'm willing if he's willing. But he clearly showed he's not willing and dragged it on.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I know I said on page 2 that I would if he would, but he just keeps pushing it on.

Really, I'm willing if he's willing. But he clearly showed he's not willing and dragged it on.

Aren't you dragging it on by dragging on what he's saying? Honestly if you just drop it I'm sure he will to. It's a silly topic anyways. xDD

=^^= Nya

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 02:20 AM

I've got a better idea, actually. If you two continue, instead of deleting posts, I'll EDIT your posts instead, and make you say stupid and ridiculous things instead! And then I'll Pikachuize your avatar and banner to boot.

Learn to quit, or learn to suffer. I hope you choose the later, actually!

Lord Celebi
12-20-2010, 02:25 AM
It's a Team RP -- WTF. No one was debating realism when I brought Project SHIMMER into Team SPAM I...

Good times... Good times...

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 02:32 AM
It's a Team RP -- WTF. No one was debating realism when I brought Project SHIMMER into Team SPAM I...

Good times... Good times...

Daw that sounds like it was hilarious! I wish I was there to see it!!

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 02:34 AM
And why are you here wasting my time if you don't care, Lus? Either you care, or you're continuing this just to annoy me. That's just tro--wait do mods do that? :eek:

I honestly didn't think anyone considered the proposition serious from the start; nobody's going to make a flying city in the RP, realistic or not. My arguing had nothing to do with what people do in the RP. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough, though I think I said as much before.

Edit: On a side note, I'm finding learning all of these new Pokemon to be annoying... they all have weird names with too many syllables.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 02:41 AM
haha, I feel like making a floating city just because you said no one would. ;D

=^^= Nya

Giratina
12-20-2010, 02:59 AM
...Wait, do you mean the Japanese names, Lus? They're Japanese names, of course they have loads of syllables. XD If they have English names now... well. I need to see 'em. XD

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 03:01 AM
haha, I feel like making a floating city just because you said no one would. ;D

=^^= Nya

You know, as I typed that, I thought "now someone's going to do it just because I said no one would".

...Wait, do you mean the Japanese names, Lus? They're Japanese names, of course they have loads of syllables. XD If they have English names now... well. I need to see 'em. XD

Well, that explains them then. Darn those Japs.

Dr Scott
12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Neo, are the Orange Islands on the link of the map you gave us? I can't find them, but then again, I don't know what they look like or where they are supposed to be ...

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Neo, are the Orange Islands on the link of the map you gave us? I can't find them, but then again, I don't know what they look like or where they are supposed to be ...

Unfortunately, they're not on there. Instead, imagine them between Kanto and the Sevii Islands.

Yeah, sorry, but its the best world map I could find.

Dr Scott
12-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Unfortunately, they're not on there. Instead, imagine them between Kanto and the Sevii Islands.

Yeah, sorry, but its the best world map I could find.

Thanks. Mainly just making sure that I could use them even though they weren't on the map :P.

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 04:15 AM
I wonder why they weren't included? Sure the Orange Islands were never in a game, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...

=^^= Nya

Larvinator
12-20-2010, 04:19 AM
We have a standardized map? I always use this as reference (http://cadellin.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-World-Map-106863046), so if we've got something different, I'd like to see it.

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 04:29 AM
We have a standardized map? I always use this as reference (http://cadellin.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-World-Map-106863046), so if we've got something different, I'd like to see it.

Unfortunately, that doesn't show all the regions either, though.

Larvinator
12-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Unfortunately, that doesn't show all the regions either, though.
Nah, but it's probably the most accurate, considering the regions pictured there were actually based off certain regions of Japan geographically and culturally, so it makes sense for them to line up as such.

This is what Bulbapedia does to you.

Dog of Hellsing
12-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Beh, where the hell is Unova (Isshu) in relation to the other regions? Are we just gonna say it's far south or what?

Also I <3 lots of the new Mon ^^. Should be obvious considering my character is a Lesser Chimera of two new Mon lol.

Saraibre Ryu
12-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Are we allowed using anime places that aren't exactly on the map?
I was thinking of taking dibs to Altomare, since it was in the best Poke-movie ever made in my opinion that I've seen so far...

Also...
These scientific debates of theories and such and such...

Let's just call the damn Mythbusters next time. I mean, anyone want to see a free montage of explosions and things going up to pieces?

EDIT: I just notice my team has the most characters so far...it reminds me of the day I did that one Naruto RP'd and played like, 30 of the canon characters. Seriously, I should have gotten an RP award for that. Back then I was nuts. Well specifically a wall nut but you GET the idea.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Are we allowed using anime places that aren't exactly on the map?
I was thinking of taking dibs to Altomare, since it was in the best Poke-movie ever made in my opinion that I've seen so far...

Also...
These scientific debates of theories and such and such...

Let's just call the damn Mythbusters next time. I mean, anyone want to see a free montage of explosions and things going up to pieces?

EDIT: I just notice my team has the most characters so far...it reminds me of the day I did that one Naruto RP'd and played like, 30 of the canon characters. Seriously, I should have gotten an RP award for that. Back then I was nuts. Well specifically a wall nut but you GET the idea.

Nuuuuuuuu... not Altomare D:

That brings up the question: Can we catch Legendaries?

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't have problems with people using locations that are from the anime. I also don't mind people catching legendaries either, as long as effort goes into it.

I still find it amazing that there are people here to who absolutely can not grasp the realm of fiction, though. So what if there are flying cities? I'm sorry, but if you're going to be one of those people that are trying to put shove scientific theory, laws of physics, and top it off with other scientific lingo, please don't. If we use that logic, then there really shouldn't be Pokemon either, because Pokeballs don't make the slightest bit of scientific sense, neither do many Pokemon attacks, evolution stones, and so forth and so on.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't have problems with people using locations that are from the anime. I also don't mind people catching legendaries either, as long as effort goes into it.

I still find it amazing that there are people here to who absolutely can not grasp the realm of fiction, though. So what if there are flying cities? I'm sorry, but if you're going to be one of those people that are trying to put shove scientific theory, laws of physics, and top it off with other scientific lingo, please don't. If we use that logic, then there really shouldn't be Pokemon either, because Pokeballs don't make the slightest bit of scientific sense, neither do many Pokemon attacks, evolution stones, and so forth and so on.

I wasn't talking about the RP... I was just talking for the sake of talking. :< Pretty sure I said at multiple points "You can do this in the RP, I'm just saying it wouldn't work IRL", or something to that effect.

DaRkUmBrEoN
12-20-2010, 02:19 PM

But I love science.

Especially the explosive kind. Don't tell me a magic creature will swoop in and turn my bomb into a flowerbomb spraying cotton candy all over the place.

Now that would be just deliciously wrong.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM
But I love science.

Especially the explosive kind. Don't tell me a magic creature will swoop in and turn my bomb into a flowerbomb spraying cotton candy all over the place.

Now that would be just deliciously wrong.

Didn't they bust that myth with explosives already?

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I wasn't talking about the RP... I was just talking for the sake of talking. :< Pretty sure I said at multiple points "You can do this in the RP, I'm just saying it wouldn't work IRL", or something to that effect.

Lus.... we know that can't be done in real life. I'm pretty sure that no one here was even suggesting reality when we were talking about flying cities.

=^^= Nya

mickmon95
12-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Mick: So many cool theories and many possibilites. O3O

Saraibre Ryu
12-20-2010, 06:01 PM

To add on that, so that everyone is happy...

There is the thing called Science-Fiction.
So I like my fiction and you science peoples can have your science stuff.
There, we can all continue to get along now.

Everyone. Be. Happy.

Woo, we can catch legendaries! Yes I'm dubbing Altomare Haloclyst turf. Can I do that? If I can then yeah I want it. Sorry Kya, I like that city way to much. XD

Phantasm.Angel
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Does this mean that those hundreds, if not thousands, of insignificant towns that Ash and friends always seem to stumble upon are also in the RP?

mickmon95
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Mick: That's a good question Phantasm. Those are quite alot of towns that aren't in the games but are in the anime.

Saraibre Ryu
12-20-2010, 06:18 PM
If people want them, I don't see why not. Neo did say any anime places were allowed after all so...we could follow the lines of: if you care, it's there. I think...but there were more tiny towns outside the game than the number of towns in the actual game itself. If some were in areas high levels of Synth, I could see them being ghost towns by now.

Fun fact: The city in 'Destiny Deoxys' had Vancouver looked at for references of the buildings and sky trains. Yes, I used to live there, so I feel I must announce that.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
To add on that, so that everyone is happy...

There is the thing called Science-Fiction.
So I like my fiction and you science peoples can have your science stuff.
There, we can all continue to get along now.

Everyone. Be. Happy.

Woo, we can catch legendaries! Yes I'm dubbing Altomare Haloclyst turf. Can I do that? If I can then yeah I want it. Sorry Kya, I like that city way to much. XD

Over my dead body >:(

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Does this mean that those hundreds, if not thousands, of insignificant towns that Ash and friends always seem to stumble upon are also in the RP?

Eww... okay, you make a good point. I knew there were a few towns and such, but now that you mention it and I've thought it over, there really are quite a few. Not to mention if we use them, trying to determine their exact location with reference to other towns and cities from the games becomes a nightmare.

On second thought... let's not use the anime locations. Sorry, Sabi.

I sure hope you're joking.

Phantasm.Angel
12-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, movie locations may be different, especially since Alto Mare is given a more definite location and has a history and a purpose beyond Team Rocket blasting off again.

mickmon95
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Mick: Man, you have to take alot of things into consideration in this RP. XD

DaRkUmBrEoN
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Mick: Man, you have to take alot of things into consideration in this RP. XD
Pokemon is serious business!

I think that conveyed the zany.

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, movie locations may be different, especially since Alto Mare is given a more definite location and has a history and a purpose beyond Team Rocket blasting off again.

That's only Alto Mare, though, there are plenty of other movie/anime exclusive towns that have names, but have very abstract locations.

It's probably better to play it safe and just stick with what we know and can easily reference.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
That's only Alto Mare, though, there are plenty of other movie/anime exclusive towns that have names, but have very abstract locations.

It's probably better to play it safe and just stick with what we know and can easily reference.

So it doesn't exist then? Works for me. Although honestly, I doubt anyone remembers the names of the random towns Ash has been.

mickmon95
12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Mick: I remember some of them! Like Chocovine Town, Lilypad Town, Daybreak Town, Lilly of the Valley Island...and that's all I can remember at the moment.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I stand corrected...

Giratina
12-20-2010, 08:29 PM
...Dark Town, Charicific Valley, Hophophop Town...

Neo Emolga
12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, I don't think 90% of the people in this RP know what those places are.

Let's just put it down this way. If its not on an official game map, it doesn't exist. Case closed.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 09:22 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

Well, on the subject of Alto Mare, according to this anime-based national map it's just south of Azaela Town in Johto. Course, this map looks absolutely nothing like the one we're using, so maybe it doesn't make a difference. Just throwing that out there.

I do wish Nintendo would come out with an official Pokemon world map though, at least including the parts that have already been made.

Giratina
12-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. XD Most of them aren't very well developed anyhow. And I think there is an official Pokémon world map, somewhere... it was a scan from a magazine or something... can't remember where I saw it.

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. XD Most of them aren't very well developed anyhow. And I think there is an official Pokémon world map, somewhere... it was a scan from a magazine or something... can't remember where I saw it.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

Well, on the subject of Alto Mare, according to this anime-based national map it's just south of Azaela Town in Johto. Course, this map looks absolutely nothing like the one we're using, so maybe it doesn't make a difference. Just throwing that out there.

I do wish Nintendo would come out with an official Pokemon world map though, at least including the parts that have already been made.

Your welcome? XD

RocketMeowth
12-20-2010, 10:58 PM
That map is so silly looking. What with all those Pokemon just COVERING IT and whatnot. That and I honestly can't see every region just being in a straight line like that.... that's just silly. I always imagined them scattered about.

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-20-2010, 11:05 PM
That map is so silly looking. What with all those Pokemon just COVERING IT and whatnot. That and I honestly can't see every region just being in a straight line like that.... that's just silly. I always imagined them scattered about.

=^^= Nya

If you look closely at the areas dividing the region, you can clearly see that the map is a splicing together of the regions due to the clouds separating them and the different colors of the oceans. The regions are not necessarily lined up in a straight line or right next to one another. This is especially obvious in the Sinnoh/Kanto boundary, since the landmass north of Kanto just fades and disappears into clouds. The Orange Islands are also off the map entirely, stuck into a little box like the kind you find Alaska and Hawaii in on maps of the US. I think the map's mostly to show where all the movie locations are in relation to the regions.

Latio-Nytro
12-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Woo, we can catch legendaries!

*Snickers* Oh silly deluded Sabi..."We" won't be catching Legends! I-JUST I-Will be catching Legends. I'll just be handing them out to everyone once I'm done with that task...Everyone in Team Nox, that is!

So untopical. Yet so me. XD

Giratina
12-21-2010, 12:11 AM
I stand corrected. XD And yes, RM, the Pokémon are extremely silly-looking on the map, but such is the price of canon.

Dr Scott
12-21-2010, 12:34 AM
...Dark Town, Charicific Valley, Hophophop Town...

I have dibs on Hophophop Town.

Edit: Orange Islands are still okay, right? XD

Neo Emolga
12-21-2010, 02:35 AM
I have dibs on Hophophop Town.

Edit: Orange Islands are still okay, right? XD

Orange Islands are the exception because there is actually a map out there for them. Besides that, everything is more relied on the games when it comes to locations in this RP.

Island Listing and background (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Orange_Archipelago)
Actual Map (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Orange.jpg)

So there you go.

Saraibre Ryu
12-21-2010, 02:51 AM
*Snickers* Oh silly deluded Sabi..."We" won't be catching Legends! I-JUST I-Will be catching Legends. I'll just be handing them out to everyone once I'm done with that task...Everyone in Team Nox, that is!

So untopical. Yet so me. XD

I believe as Kya said...

That will really be hard for you to do with someone that's part ghost. pX

Charizard Michelle
12-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Aww...Can we at least use the movie locations. I mean I used some of them for the last few RPs and nobody had a problem with that. This is way in the future so who knows what new towns have popped up. Something at least.

Lusankya
12-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Aww...Can we at least use the movie locations. I mean I used some of them for the last few RPs and nobody had a problem with that. This is way in the future so who knows what new towns have popped up. Something at least.

Neo never seem to had much of a problem with us making up new places before, as long as we made it clear where/what they are >>

RocketMeowth
12-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Orange Islands are the exception because there is actually a map out there for them. Besides that, everything is more relied on the games when it comes to locations in this RP.

Island Listing and background (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Orange_Archipelago)
Actual Map (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Orange.jpg)

So there you go.

Oh my goodness. There are so many more islands than I remembered! Fffff the map is so old looking. It makes me think a kid colored it in with a crayon. Haha. Anyways, wow, there are so many more.

*stares at the map*

=^^= Nya

Charizard Michelle
12-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Neo never seem to had much of a problem with us making up new places before, as long as we made it clear where/what they are >>

Then we do that! We make new places based on the anime and say where they are!

I am going to HopHopHop Town! Heck yeah!

Lusankya
12-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Oh no, what have I done?

RocketMeowth
12-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Then we do that! We make new places based on the anime and say where they are!

I am going to HopHopHop Town! Heck yeah!

lol, how could anyone not want to live in a town with that name?

=^^= Nya

Saraibre Ryu
12-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Well there is one movie location that I just realized is something we could use. I can't remember the damn name but it's the city in 'Destiny Deoxys' because low and behold, it is the Battle Tower. Yeah I know there is more than one all over the regions, but the one in question showed up during the Hoenn part of the series, so by use of uncommon sense, that would make it in the location of the game in R/S/E. Just the place would be more interesting.

Anyone else? I think it's plausible.

HopHopHop town, that's the HQ of the Easter Buneary.

mickmon95
12-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Mick: The Easter Bunny tried to kill me last year.... :3

Lusankya
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Well there is one movie location that I just realized is something we could use. I can't remember the damn name but it's the city in 'Destiny Deoxys' because low and behold, it is the Battle Tower. Yeah I know there is more than one all over the regions, but the one in question showed up during the Hoenn part of the series, so by use of uncommon sense, that would make it in the location of the game in R/S/E. Just the place would be more interesting.

Anyone else? I think it's plausible.

HopHopHop town, that's the HQ of the Easter Buneary.

According to the map of the movie locations I posted, Destiny Deoxys took place in some non-game city in Hoenn, northwest of Lilycove.

mickmon95
12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Mick: Wow these locations are hard to pinpoint exact locations.

Dog of Hellsing
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Since we're discussing PokeEarth...

Beh, where the hell is Unova (Isshu) in relation to the other regions? Are we just gonna say it's far south or what?

As far as I know it hasn't been released exactly where in relation to the other regions Unova is, just that it's "very far away" from them. So, since the map for it has just been stuck under the main map @ Serebii, should we just say it's to the south? We need to decide somewhere to stick it so we know which direction to move in order to get there (from the other regions) and also what cities/towns we'd be coming to first depending on what direction we're coming from.

Giratina
12-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Just felt I should mention that the Destiny Deoxys movie took place in a high-tech city called LaRousse. It does have the Battle Tower, but also it was a center of technology, which means that a team or faction that's way up there in terms of technology will want to get a nice good root in it. Or the future version of it, at least. ...Or it could be a techno-ruin! Ahh, that would be so awesome.

Latio-Nytro
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
My life suddenly decided that a Ski Trip to a place with no internet connection whatsoever was in order for me.

Shame, I won't be posting at all for 2 whole days. Neo, No bunnying of my two Characters while I'm absent, OK?

Neo Emolga
12-21-2010, 08:53 PM
My life suddenly decided that a Ski Trip to a place with no internet connection whatsoever was in order for me.

Shame, I won't be posting at all for 2 whole days. Neo, No bunnying of my two Characters while I'm absent, OK?

That's no problem at all, your characters are safe with me. :P

Have a good time.

RocketMeowth
12-21-2010, 09:01 PM

lol, have fun skiing! I know for a fact that if it were me going, I'd be in the cabin or lodge all day. I can't ski. xDDD

=^^= Nya

bronislav84
12-21-2010, 09:47 PM
So much for Neo saying he would not start it early. Not really trying to complain, but it gives those with time in the day a huge lead. Stuck at Macy's with mom and didn't bring my SU with me to edit it, so this really messes me up, timing wise. :sad:

Can't even have a chat with you guys cause you're not on AIM.

Lusankya
12-21-2010, 09:54 PM
So much for Neo saying he would not start it early. Not really trying to complain, but it gives those with time in the day a huge lead. Stuck at Macy's with mom and didn't bring my SU with me to edit it, so this really messes me up, timing wise. :sad:

One day's advantage doesn't matter all that much, silly. Neo just posts like a madman anyways, so it wouldn't matter when he started it, he'll always be ahead.

bronislav84
12-21-2010, 10:00 PM
That fact kinda goes without saying. Notice I didn't say anything about that.

Macy's is so boring.

Doodlebop
12-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Out of curiosity, is there a known half-life for the Synth gas? For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the half-life is how long the gas takes to half itself. Or would my team have to do research into that?

Neo Emolga
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM

When will this all start?

The RP will officially be opened on December 19th, and the RP itself will start on December 21st. Again, these dates may change based on the situation, but this is typically what we’re aiming for.

I didn't start it early, I started it right on time. :P

Out of curiosity, is there a known half-life for the Synth gas? For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the half-life is how long the gas takes to half itself. Or would my team have to do research into that?

I tried looking at half-life, and I discovered there's a lot of complex math behind it. And math's not my strong point...

Let's just say it takes about fifty years after the meltdown for the Synth gases to reach enough of a decay and dispersion for it to be safely breathable again.

Doodlebop
12-21-2010, 10:30 PM
And twenty years are already up for Sinnoh and co., correct? Okeydoke.

Neo Emolga
12-21-2010, 10:40 PM
And twenty years are already up for Sinnoh and co., correct? Okeydoke.

That is correct, yes.

Lusankya
12-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Who said Synth is radioactive? Only radioactive substances have half-lives, and if it was, it would probably affect Pokemon too, not to mention merely filtering the stuff wouldn't help at all.

bronislav84
12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
For once, I agree with something Lus says. I was looking at that question and wondering why half life is relevant.

And no Neo, today is the 21st so it is a day early even according to your quote. You even told me this morning you'd start it early tomorrow, but then decided to start earlier I guess.

My back and feet hurt. :/

Dr Scott
12-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Suggestion: Affected Characters be put into the bolded sections at the beginnings of posts, if applicable.

Neo Emolga
12-21-2010, 11:39 PM
For once, I agree with something Lus says. I was looking at that question and wondering why half life is relevant.

And no Neo, today is the 21st so it is a day early even according to your quote. You even told me this morning you'd start it early tomorrow, but then decided to start earlier I guess.

My back and feet hurt. :/

I said the RP starts on the 21st.
Today is the 21st.
The RP starts today.

Following this logic, how am I am releasing it a day early? Last night, when it was 11ish, I said I would start the RP tomorrow, ie, the 21st of December when the RP was originally scheduled to start. So no, I started it on time. And your logic is weird.

Suggestion: Affected Characters be put into the bolded sections at the beginnings of posts, if applicable.

Yeah, we could do that again if most people don't mind tossing that in there.

bronislav84
12-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Then my eyes deceived me on that quote, sorry man. This morning you said in 8 hours, and that was at like 1am so I dunno why I thought I had until tomorrow right after midnight if I wanted to be on time.

Regardless, we're just now getting home and I'm not feeling too good, but at least we got me gloves, mom got what she wanted, and I figured out how to tether my phone for high-speed internet. But only while I'm at home, since I need the phone when I go out. So hopefully this won't throw me too off schedule, but I know it will since I counted I'm the RP starting later AND us going out killed my entire day. Plus she wants to go to Costco tomorrow. I just can't catch a break IRL. :/

Saraibre Ryu
12-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Anyone claimed Almia or Oblivia for their total home region yet? Just curious to know.

Also, I may be slow to post. I work a five day week, my shifts are weird and then yeah christmas stuff. Real life is a life sucker.

Dog of Hellsing
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Okay, I'm just gonna say Isshu is far south of the other regions since no one seems to care lol.

Lusankya
12-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Okay, I'm just gonna say Isshu is far south of the other regions since no one seems to care lol.

No one really knows xD

Doodlebop
12-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh, I didn't know that half-life only involved radioactive substances. My bad.

Neo Emolga
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM

For the sake of sanity, let's just go with that. :P

DaRkUmBrEoN
12-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh, I didn't know that half-life only involved radioactive substances. My bad.
Gasses and especially toxic ones need a certain amount of presence to be lethal/active/whatchamacallit enough.

Basically, say you agree that 10 parts Synth gas per 1,000,000 parts air is the threshold at which humans die, then when the ppm (parts per million) drops below 10, you've got a safe environment.

Though, Synth gas would prolly be virulent enough to have like 0,001ppm, so you'd need to have it disperse pretty well or else it would still kill you, especially near the power plants.

Dr Scott
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Neo posts enough for one team, all by himself.

Saraibre Ryu
12-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Anyone claimed Almia or Oblivia for their total home region yet? Just curious to know.

Also, I may be slow to post. I work a five day week, my shifts are weird and then yeah christmas stuff. Real life is a life sucker.

My question be skipped...

Lusankya
12-22-2010, 04:38 PM

Well if no one objects...

Neo Emolga
12-22-2010, 04:39 PM

Because its honestly not that hard, RM and I can crank out decent-sized posts in only fifteen minutes and have a good time while doing it.

http://www.codforums.com/media/OneManArmyPro.png

No one has claimed them.

Lusankya
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Next Team RP: Neo vs World

Neo Emolga
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM

We should try it, just to get a good laugh out of how I'll probably land flat on my face as everyone gleefully pounces on top. Doubt anyone would ever forget that. XD

Larvinator
12-22-2010, 07:31 PM
thescott1987: (1:17:58 PM) I shoulda RPed as Santa
thescott1987: (1:18:01 PM) Woulda been hilarious

thescott1987: (1:21:23 PM) We could totally go off script and make a homeless shelter
thescott1987: (1:21:28 PM) And do nothing but RP helping out the homeless

thescott1987: (1:26:45 PM) I'm tempted to start an Amazonian tribe

thescott1987: (1:30:02 PM) I should make
thescott1987: (1:30:04 PM) A midget bomb
thescott1987: (1:30:13 PM) That turns whoever it hits into a midget

Ahh, the RP just started and I've already got well-what-now syndrome, much like my dear friend Scott. Time to brainstorm.

Lusankya
12-22-2010, 08:54 PM
We should try it, just to get a good laugh out of how I'll probably land flat on my face as everyone gleefully pounces on top. Doubt anyone would ever forget that. XD

Or, you own everyone in an epic 1v20 showdown for the fate of the world, destining all mankind to an eternity of darkness and oppression.

NES2
12-23-2010, 12:02 AM
“LLAAADDIES AND GENTLEMEN!” Stan the announcer voice shouted loudly, dressed in a fine tuxedo despite how messy his Jolteon features were. “From the beloved group of individuals who brought you strife, death, and anarchy, ‘Cataclysm’ now proudly presents… more Synth power plants!”

Queue in more visuals of former Synth power plants on the screen, along with some of them going boom in goofy, cartoony explosions. And then a big skull and crossbones.

“But… but aren’t Synth power plants bad, Mr. Announcer Person?” Asked a little human boy with the name ‘Johnny’ appearing on his t-shirt.

“Oh no, Little Johnny,” Stan the announcer told him, rubbing the boy’s head in a cute way. “You see, Synth power plants give us access to so many things, including all these wonderful items below!”
“Life Insurance Claims!”
“Obligated Abortions!”
“River Styx Boat Tours!”
“Live Chat Networking With Angels!”
“Free Scenic Tours of Heaven, Purgatory, Limbo, and even Hell!”
“Out of Body Experiences!”
“Your Own Black Screen of Death!”
“Chances To Meet With Long Lost Relatives!”
“A Day in the Life of a Ghost Tours!”
“Grim Reaper Handshakes!”
“And Many, Many More!”
“Oh, I guess it’s not so bad then!” Johnny said with excitement that was obviously a parody on sanity.

“Not at all, Johnny!” Stan exclaimed to the boy with humorous excitement. “You see, you should never take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!”

“NEW SYNTH POWER PLANTS!” The message appeared on the screen in sarcastically big, colorful bubble letters as Stan’s voice read them. “COMING SOON TO A REGION CALLED SINNOH NEAR YOU!”

Queue in more images of Synth Power Plants blowing up in goofy cartoon explosions, and then a whole slew of people running in total fear and pandemonium as they were screaming.

“RELIVE THE MAGIC!”

And that was it. Lashy had cola spewing out of his nose from laughing so hard, and I was nearly gagging with laughter. It took me a while to press the transmit button that would likely cause it to spread all throughout the internet and eventually arrive at Cataclysm’s virtual doorstep. Once the good people of Sinnoh saw this, I was sure it was going to jog their memory of how stupid this idea was.

This. This is hilarious. Good God, I almost died from laughter. I know Nox is the enemy of Cataclysm, but even I hope Stan will make a few more appearances. I love how everything in this RP is getting crazier by the second. Especially the Maid and Beta Green.

Lusankya
12-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey Neo, what moves can Pokemon use? Just level-up moves, or TM and HM ones too?

Neo Emolga
12-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Hey Neo, what moves can Pokemon use? Just level-up moves, or TM and HM ones too?

Anything really, including level-up, TMs, egg moves, move tutor, and all that.

Saraibre Ryu
12-23-2010, 07:41 AM

So wait...we're all gonna be the evil Ex's of Neo's pair in the next Team RP?

I got dibs on using DJ Hero as my weapon of choice.

Phantasm.Angel
12-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Ha, I love this so much. But I will be leaving today to the desolate land of central Wisconsin, where internets are few and far between and minorities are even rarer. I'll see what I can do, but otherwise I'll be home on the 26th.

Larvinator
12-23-2010, 02:04 PM
“Obligated Abortions!”

I somehow missed this part the first time. God, I laughed.

Lookin' to me like Cataclysm should kick it into gear! Gonna have the first team conflict already~! Shame Matryoshka's parked down at the Orange Islands. Ahh, well, I'm sure you guys'll have enough on your hands with Neo and RM kicking up trouble.

Doodlebop
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
No, thanks. I'm busy hiding under the table. *shivers*

Dog of Hellsing
12-23-2010, 02:36 PM
So wait...we're all gonna be the evil Ex's of Neo's pair in the next Team RP?

I got dibs on using DJ Hero as my weapon of choice.

XD I totally call being the psychopathic Evil Ex who can teleport. Except my weakness wouldn't be the back of my knee >>.

So yeah, yay for the Cullen going to evacuate Sinnoh before the fighting starts! Hopefully Shen doesn't mind, but with me being the only person really posting, I've gotta do something to make sure our Team doesn't fall off to the side or anything. Thank goodness I'm a Beta and actually have a bit of authority in the Team ^^'...

Lusankya
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
XD I totally call being the psychopathic Evil Ex who can teleport. Except my weakness wouldn't be the back of my knee >>.

Just like the Witch-King!

Also, how can you possibly know that Nox has declared war on Cataclysm? The information isn't public :/ I'm pretty sure Neo would not announce it to the press (it would be rather stupid), and there's nothing in his posts that suggested that he did.

Dog of Hellsing
12-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Ladies and gentlemen of Sinnoh,

It has come to my attention that the faction known as “Cataclysm” has become the self-appointed authority of your nation. It has also come to my attention that said faction has intentions of rebuilding Synth power plants, the very faulty technology that has resulted in millions of people dead, a world in tensions of racial discrimination, and a toxic aftermath that will take nearly a century to dissolve. We have struggled to contain the disaster caused by Synth, and there are many areas on the surface that remain unaffected by the Synth gas. By attempting to utilize faulty and extremely high risk energy, Cataclysm has become a threat to the entire world in their attempts to continue the very problem that has put this world into a state of disarray.

Because of this, unless Cataclysm immediately shuts down the construction of these dangerous and highly deadly Synth power plants, I and Team Nox will declare war on Cataclysm, remove the rogue faction from power, and forcefully shut down all operations to rebuild the very reason why this world is in such calamity in the first place. Once this is done, we will use our own oil resources to bring Sinnoh back online, and find alternative energy sources that can be used to return Sinnoh to its previous state.

It’s up to you. Make the right decision, and help us remove this worldwide threat out of power.

This was a radio broadcast directed @ Sinnoh. At the most I'd need to edit my post a bit saying war was a major possibility. My post would still mostly be the same.

Lusankya
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
“I figured you might want to know about this,” she said, going to a flat-screen TV hanging from the wall across from me and turning it on. She then flipped it to a news station, stopping when a young human reporter came onscreen. She turned the volume up and then stepped to the side so I could see the screen.

“-and mobilizing for war against Sinnoh,” the man was saying, looking grim. “Again, for those of you just tuning in, Team Nox, the group working to evacuate Hoenn, has recently declared war against Sinnoh and the faction known as the Cataclysm. This group aimed to bring the Synth Plant of Sinnoh back into working order, which has prompted the declaration of war from Team Nox.”

Talking about this part. The TV guy cannot possibly know Nox is mobilizing for war. Nox hasn't declared war, merely threatened it. For all anyone knows, Nox was bluffing. Still, I suppose you have rights to evacuate.

Dog of Hellsing
12-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Ah, I see. Well, I can edit my post; even if Nox is bluffing, the threat of the humans in the Underground of Sinnoh getting caught in the cross-fire would be reason enough for Zara to evacuate them.

Dog of Hellsing
12-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Double-post yay!

Edited my post to reflect the possibility of war, hopefully that clears things up ^^.

EDIT: I probably won't be on again till Sunday or Monday either, since the computer lab is closed for the next few days. Don't post too much without me!

aoboco
12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't be optimistic about them not posting too much if I were you :oops: So winter break finallyyyyy started today, and I can finallyyyy get into the action! -goes to read the roleplay-

EDIT: Synth gas isn't flammable, is it?

Larvinator
12-24-2010, 12:20 AM
EDIT: Synth gas isn't flammable, is it?
If it was, all we'd have to do is throw a match at every affected region and we'd be golden. So I'm assuming not.

Saraibre Ryu
12-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Neo
Your damn huge announcements...
Are long and hard to analyze...
Nya I just spent the last two hours working on the last announcements... -_-

Neo Emolga
12-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Neo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bJtEV9LqL_o/RunMjrZ6y_I/AAAAAAAAAGs/HBWCPPyf6Dc/s400/2002_catch_me_if_you_can_wallpaper_002.jpg

I swear, that movie never stops to inspire me.

Saraibre Ryu
12-24-2010, 02:04 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bJtEV9LqL_o/RunMjrZ6y_I/AAAAAAAAAGs/HBWCPPyf6Dc/s400/2002_catch_me_if_you_can_wallpaper_002.jpg

I swear, that movie never stops to inspire me.

Oh don't worry...
I will...
I....WIIILLLLLL...

Lusankya
12-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Neo

Huh? All he's asking is for Cataclysm to make everything about the Synth plants public information and ask for global approval to make sure they work.

Saraibre Ryu
12-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Huh? All he's asking is for Cataclysm to make everything about the Synth plants public information and ask for global approval to make sure they work.

Read my main character's bio. That will answer your questions.

The newest one was posted and now I'm having Jingka analyze that. That's what she does. Theres more revealed in words than just what is said.

Lusankya
12-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Read my main character's bio. That will answer your questions.

The newest one was posted and now I'm having Jingka analyze that. That's what she does. Theres more revealed in words than just what is said.

Maybe you're trying too hard then :P

Saraibre Ryu
12-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Maybe you're trying too hard then :P

Oh no, she nit picks. Ever since Neo did that with the one modder in the Quista RP ages ago, oh yeah that I'm doing here.

Though my current post is over the limit...by 67 characters...*cough*

Looks like I should find out if I repeated myself somewhere...

EDIT: I think I've made the longest, one post post in the RP...have fun READING GAIZ.

Master Zorua
12-24-2010, 02:47 AM
I did a bit of medical terminology and study of synth in my post, since all that was said about it was it was deadly to humans. If I need to change it, let me know. I've pretty much classified the lethality of the gas to explain that it causes hemolysis (breakdown of blood cells) when it is inhaled into the lungs and the gas exchanges into the aveoli and the blood cells that the heart pumps into the lungs, but that Pokemorphs and Pokemon have an enzyme blood barrier that deals with he gas, rendering it harmless to them.

This is what majoring in a medical field does to people =P

Neo Emolga
12-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Oh no, she nit picks. Ever since Neo did that with the one modder in the Quista RP ages ago, oh yeah that I'm doing here.

Though my current post is over the limit...by 67 characters...*cough*

Looks like I should find out if I repeated myself somewhere...

EDIT: I think I've made the longest, one post post in the RP...have fun READING GAIZ.

From what I gather, she's completely biased against Nox and gives Cataclysm every benefit of the doubt whenever possible. :P

I did a bit of medical terminology and study of synth in my post, since all that was said about it was it was deadly to humans. If I need to change it, let me know. I've pretty much classified the lethality of the gas to explain that it causes hemolysis (breakdown of blood cells) when it is inhaled into the lungs and the gas exchanges into the aveoli and the blood cells that the heart pumps into the lungs, but that Pokemorphs and Pokemon have an enzyme blood barrier that deals with he gas, rendering it harmless to them.

This is what majoring in a medical field does to people =P

Sounds good to me, though I'm not exactly well-educated in medical terminology. I'm more on the business side of things.

Saraibre Ryu
12-24-2010, 03:43 AM
From what I gather, she's completely biased against Nox and gives Cataclysm every benefit of the doubt whenever possible. :P

Hey, you decided to use the angry, repetitive 'demand demand demand' in your second response an failed to mention the safety of others in your first war declaration with Nox. Sure you had a good come back in the second one, but that's the majority of what you seemed to be talking about, which would be a good recovery, only it wasn't consistent with the first one. Such a switch of topics makes one look like they're trying to make themselves look a bit more better in an 'oh crap' moment. If you had evened out the concern for 'the people' within the two messages, it'd be less apparent about the Nox's intentions. I mean, first you gather up people in Hoenn, then suddenly you're at Sinnoh? Not without some reason besides the plant there. pX Yes Nox pointed out many things that were true about the Cataclysm. Don't make the assumption she's biased. She hasn't made her full decision about Nox yet. Call this the first impression examination. One you ain't doing so well on.

Cataclysm isn't without some concern, but the words in that broadcast seemed much less aggressive an it's tone was in much differentiation to both of Nox's. Yes they did seem brash in trying to bring back the plants, but Jingka didn't know all the full details of it. Cataclysm knew more than she did so for the most part, they have a slight benefit of the doubt. They're reckless and rash, but they share some ideas that Jingka does, even if they go about an alternate way of doing it.

Again, actions and words are different. There was more to analyze on Nox than Cataclysm at the time. No decision is final yet. I had to cut out the really specific details because they wouldn't all fit in one post.

Remember...she's the recon expert. She has eyes and ears everywhere and a reason to think what she does. If Jingka was a person to bias things so quickly, the Haloclyst wouldn't exist. pX

Yes, Jingka is gonna be your Phoenix Wright PITA in this RP.

Dr Scott
12-24-2010, 03:43 AM
Neo, one question. What is Nox's public face like?

In other words, does everyone know they are the ebil group? Other than your nation, of course, because everyone knows that one's nation will always follow a charismatic leader (hi, Adolf). And also, groups with intel would know a lot more about the true goings on about groups, especially the big one's like Nox. So I'm leaning towards assuming my character would know you're not of the best sort.

Neo Emolga
12-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Yes, Jingka is gonna be your Phoenix Wright PITA in this RP.

She went out of her way to defend Cataclysm in what could arguably be one of the most reckless and unconcerned decisions of all time. Meanwhile, she completely ignored everything Nox was trying to address and immediately took it out of context against them to make quick assumptions and jump to conclusions.

ABSOLUTELY biased without a doubt. Not to mention you're using OOC knowledge and applying it to Nox. How do I know? What's not to say Cullen's up to something devious by trying to intermingle with Sinnoh's affairs? What's not to say they want to rapture Sinnoh's civilians right under Cataclysm's feet for their own self-gain? Had that been us, you would have been all over it. Instead, you trusted all of Cullen's words without even so much of an afterthought, but you seemed to be completely blind to all the rationale we used for justifying our actions.

If that's not bias in living color, I don't know what is. :P

Neo, one question. What is Nox's public face like?

In other words, does everyone know they are the ebil group? Other than your nation, of course, because everyone knows that one's nation will always follow a charismatic leader (hi, Adolf). And also, groups with intel would know a lot more about the true goings on about groups, especially the big one's like Nox. So I'm leaning towards assuming my character would know you're not of the best sort.

Again, people are using OOC knowledge and immediately applying it to Nox. Nox isn't supposed to look evil, that the whole part of the deception. And I know this is true because I've done similar things with good guy teams, and no one has ever jumped on it to consider it evil. I'd have to say, its VERY interesting to see all this come out of the woodwork now that I'm in control of an evil team.

The best evil factions never admit they're evil, they come up with reasons to believe they're making all the right choices and that all means justify the ends. Even if your under-cover groupies were to discover why Nox is really after Hoenn and Sinnoh, what's not to say the reason for that is so Nox can peacefully reign over these nations and not have to deal with resistance or revolutionaries?

Case in point, no, Nox doesn't look evil. To those who support Nox, they believe our actions are justified with regards to the situation.

Dr Scott
12-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Again, people are using OOC knowledge and immediately applying it to Nox. Nox isn't supposed to look evil, that the whole part of the deception. And I know this is true because I've done similar things with good guy teams, and no one has ever jumped on it to consider it evil. I'd have to say, its VERY interesting to see all this come out of the woodwork now that I'm in control of an evil team.

The best evil factions never admit they're evil, they come up with reasons to believe they're making all the right choices and that all means justify the ends. Even if your under-cover groupies were to discover why Nox is really after Hoenn and Sinnoh, what's not to say the reason for that is so Nox can peacefully reign over these nations and not have to deal with resistance or revolutionaries?

Case in point, no, Nox doesn't look evil. To those who support Nox, they believe our actions are justified with regards to the situation.

Dude, chill, it's a legitimate question with a legitimate thought process. How the heck am I supposed to know if you're making yourself all secret and mysterious or you've been all obviously evil with your team in the past without asking? 'snot like there's a 'Nox History for Dummies' lying around my computer desk.

And I think it's safe to assume that each team has some kind of intelligence agency. So, while I am in no way commenting on the whole Sinnoh situation (which I couldn't care less about IC and I have a passing interest in OOC) and have not commented about in any of my posts, I'm assuming that at some point someone on my team might have come up with something that might hint that your team isn't the most generous and kind.

And no poop to the bolded, I said as much in my post. Was just trying to figure out how I should respond if I find out Larvi's character is tied to Nox.

Toooo---uuuccchhyyyyy.

Neo Emolga
12-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Dude, chill, it's a legitimate question with a legitimate thought process. How the heck am I supposed to know if you're making yourself all secret and mysterious or you've been all obviously evil with your team in the past without asking? 'snot like there's a 'Nox History for Dummies' lying around my computer desk.

And I think it's safe to assume that each team has some kind of intelligence agency. So, while I am in no way commenting on the whole Sinnoh situation (which I couldn't care less about IC and I have a passing interest in OOC) and have not commented about in any of my posts, I'm assuming that at some point someone on my team might have come up with something that might hint that your team isn't the most generous and kind.

And no poop to the bolded, I said as much in my post. Was just trying to figure out how I should respond if I find out Larvi's character is tied to Nox.

Toooo---uuuccchhyyyyy.

I think there's a missing link between what is actually known and what isn't.

From what I can guess, most people entered into the RP with the belief that their characters already had full awareness of the other teams and what their goals were. If that's the case, I'm okay with that, but it changes things. Then everyone's suspicion against Nox would be understandable, and since we're already heading down the route anyway, might as well. But then in turn, we would know pretty much everything about you too. But at that rate, our attempt to use creative deception pretty much goes out the window, and we might as well bring out the big guns and start mowing down everything in sight.

However, if people don't want to go that route and instead the inner depth of the team should remain concealed until discovery, then people need to look more at what Nox has done objectively, and not take this approach of "well, we know Nox is bad, so how can we interpret everything they do to be for selfish intentions?"

That's the thing I think we need to resolve.

RocketMeowth
12-24-2010, 06:46 AM
I think I went overboard with catching Mew. Haha...

And I like the inner depth part. I never actually made my characters to be "evil". They may show "evil" personalities, but they are in fact doing what they do because it's what's being offered for them. Soloman is far from evil. He just joined Nox under agreement with Ruzza and now stays because she is his friend. For all he knows, what Nox is doing is for the betterment of life itself.

Besides, doding that depth to teams really helps to build up character and make for a truly great experience.

=^^= Nya

Saraibre Ryu
12-24-2010, 08:56 AM
She went out of her way to defend Cataclysm in what could arguably be one of the most reckless and unconcerned decisions of all time. Meanwhile, she completely ignored everything Nox was trying to address and immediately took it out of context against them to make quick assumptions and jump to conclusions.

ABSOLUTELY biased without a doubt. Not to mention you're using OOC knowledge and applying it to Nox. How do I know? What's not to say Cullen's up to something devious by trying to intermingle with Sinnoh's affairs? What's not to say they want to rapture Sinnoh's civilians right under Cataclysm's feet for their own self-gain? Had that been us, you would have been all over it. Instead, you trusted all of Cullen's words without even so much of an afterthought, but you seemed to be completely blind to all the rationale we used for justifying our actions.

If that's not bias in living color, I don't know what is. :P

You're misunderstanding her analysis a bit. As since I had to cut some details out because the post was too damn big, I'll elaborate them with you here.

I've taken the analysis to a second party and, besides a few things, one being the mention of Nox wanting Sinnoh that was out there and will be edited out, everything I put was plausible to have observed as she did. Remember, these were just personal thoughts based on what was said, how it was said and the tone of which it was understood. At the time, Nox had more to look at than Cataclysm. Also, I often mentioned that her results weren't fully supported by just the few broadcasts. She couldn't make any conclusions because there wasn't enough info, as stated in the post. Thus, she acted on getting more information by asking a recon team to watch both Nox and the Cataclysm.

First off, as you can read in her observations, needless to say, the 'war first, assistance later' thing, there could be nothing left of Sinnoh to help, so on one side, that could lead to only personal gain, or two, that could lead into the welfare of the more common person. However, Nox first decided to claim to be at war with the Cataclysm instead of first, offering political negotiations. That gives off the notion of being aggressive and have no concern for another faction as you went to calling them rogue right away.

War first help later being noticed, that left a not so good first impression. Declaring war is rarely ever justified, especially where negotiations were clearly an option, even with rational reason. That sticks out.

She did mention that the Cataclysm was acting rash, and brash about rebuilding the plants. She also mentioned that the Cataclysm could be a group without much confidence and have bitten off more than they could chew with the whole idea. Your rationale that you mentioned she recognized as it being true, however your first broadcast there wasn't really a mention of the rebuild possibly being successful. Yes, it's apparent, it's a risky reckless procedure, however, they did mention in their response that they wouldn't do something they couldn't crawl out of, so that would hint to a between the lines reader that they could of had a back up plan if something went wrong. That also doesn't mean that they necessarily had one. Again, not as much to analyze on them.

The second broadcast seemed like a recovery to give the Cataclysm time. The first broadcast, there was no specific mention of the welfare of humans as there was in the second one. The first one concentrated on calling out Cataclysm to be a threat and rogue, also mentioning what was already apparent: millions of humans dead, discrimination. Yes, the Cataclysm did respond with calling Nox totalitarian, but their response was more people focused. They were willing to shut it down of that was what their people wanted. Nox on the other hand, if the plants in another region that they aren't in control of doesn't do as they demand, it's war. War isn't good for people in general.

Basically, how Nox said things was aggressive with their repetitive use of the word 'demand' 'force' and such other words of the like, where other words could have worked just as well. Jingka reads between the lines, that's what her character is about. She observes actions, and Nox's action to take immediate war claims seemed very sudden and irrational since there isn't much gain from it in the long term. Cataclysm talked more about their people, but yes, they did call Nox a few nasty things.

Jingka made very detailed examinations based on a small bit of information. Smaller for the Cataclysm. So far, she doesn't like how aggressive Nox is, and being aggressive for not much of a reason, as the Synth issue can be solved on a calm face. Violence with the hasty war claim also gives her a bad impression of who Nox could really be. Can she found that you are evil? No, she can't think that because Nox wanted the Synth plants gone for a good reason. However, the execution of which it to solve it initially, left another bad impression. The Cataclysm did something in the other order, they did something highly questionable and reckless, but so far, for a better cause, provided they can prove what Nox had in demands. Good and bad and even neutral people leave a bad impression, Nox however has a darker grey one because they had more to be examined.

The rationale could have seen to be ignored because it was founded on obvious levels. She wasn't out to read the obvious, that much is all over her bio.

As it's said, you can get much from a first impression.

As such, Jingka can only have her examined information to herself because she has nothing solid to found Nox as bad. Also, Nox has done nothing to disturb the Haloclyst, so as for interfering with them, she has no reason to. Same with the Cataclysm, though she can say, they are reckless, and because she could found more on the Cataclysm more solidly, she looked at Nox more. She can confirm more on how the Cataclysm operates, than Nox, as such, she has to try and make sense of things. Thus, she is going to need more information.

This is just what a single person thinks based on examination of actions. Much of it is unfounded, so regardless, she can't do anything about it. If she did, Nox would just have the upper hand in making the Haloclyst look really bad, and probably shut down any good will they have behind them.

As for the Cullen...the only reason we have a station is Johto is because they let us on certain conditions. If you read my first post, you'd have known that. I discussed this with Shen before, and as such, the Haloclyst in return for all of Dark Cave as an outpost, are to provide them with assistance when they request it to keep a truce. They don't disturb us, we don't disturb them. As for rapturing, that is entirely possible, hence why if a recon group goes to support them, they can report anything fishy or something that disturbs the Haloclyst during the operation.

If Shen would make his damn SU...*glares at* :susp:

This turned out way longer than I thought...2am, I gotta work tomorrow. If I ended up repeating myself...blame me writing for so long.

Lusankya
12-24-2010, 01:05 PM
First off, as you can read in her observations, needless to say, the 'war first, assistance later' thing, there could be nothing left of Sinnoh to help, so on one side, that could lead to only personal gain, or two, that could lead into the welfare of the more common person. However, Nox first decided to claim to be at war with the Cataclysm instead of first, offering political negotiations. That gives off the notion of being aggressive and have no concern for another faction as you went to calling them rogue right away.

I only have one issue with this, and it's that ascribing evil intentions to Nox is completely unjustified. From the perspective of a neutral bystander, Nox could well be operating out of fear rather than greed. Let's face it, the Synth Crisis killed millions of people, the one in Orre is destined to blow up. Nox could be terrified of the idea of anything like Synth happening in Orre, and the way Cataclysm is going; i.e. trying to get people to trust in Synth again, then maybe later the Synth plants will blow up again once everyone trusts them again, could very well scare the living daylights out of Nox. And their response to this is aggressive, overworked, irrational, and blustering, but fear does that to people. All throughout history fear has made people, even nations, do stupid things. That doesn't particularly paint Nox as a calm, rational organization, but a great majority of people would be able to sympathize with that fear, especially those humans living underground. After all, what Cataclysm is doing would be viewed by the same people as totally insane. Mad scientists the lot of them, putting the world at risk of another apocalypse while they're still living through the first one, all just so they can have their unlimited power source. After all, we know that Synth is dangerous. And just because Cataclysm fixed the original problem, doesn't mean there might be another, unforeseen problem in the future. There would be a lot of people opposed to the idea of war, some people would support it, but almost nobody could support Cataclysm.

There's no reason to immediately say that Nox wants Sinnoh so bad they're going to go to war for it when there's an equally plausible explanation. I know in your post you had no room for this, but... eh. Your rational for what you said is plausible, but imo, the bias is still there. Well, I still commend you on your effort anyways, you put a lot into that post.

Neo Emolga
12-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Well, alright, I see what you're saying. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but I can see what you're basing your rationale off of.

If Shen would make his damn SU...*glares at* :susp:

Last time I talked to him, he was having quite a bit of difficulty with it. I wouldn't recommend waiting on him, just keep going until he finally puts up his first post.

Dr Scott
12-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I think there's a missing link between what is actually known and what isn't.

From what I can guess, most people entered into the RP with the belief that their characters already had full awareness of the other teams and what their goals were. If that's the case, I'm okay with that, but it changes things. Then everyone's suspicion against Nox would be understandable, and since we're already heading down the route anyway, might as well. But then in turn, we would know pretty much everything about you too. But at that rate, our attempt to use creative deception pretty much goes out the window, and we might as well bring out the big guns and start mowing down everything in sight.

However, if people don't want to go that route and instead the inner depth of the team should remain concealed until discovery, then people need to look more at what Nox has done objectively, and not take this approach of "well, we know Nox is bad, so how can we interpret everything they do to be for selfish intentions?"

That's the thing I think we need to resolve.

Seems like something that should have been stated before the RP started, not something that should be brought up now XD. Of course, if not given an answer, people will make their own conclusions about the groups. I, for instance, just went with the assumption that they were obvious world powers (which, if the groups have any kind of power base or a large troop count, should be the obvious choice). And each group would obviously want information on the others, given that each was a world power.

Which means basic information, not everything. For instance, you'd know that BG has a separate 'secret' group, not not exactly what it entails. While others might know Nox isn't all sunny and cheery, but not to what extent. And, of course, no solid proof to just out and out slander you guys for no reason. But the 'selfish intentions' sentence you had should be common sense for every RP. IC knowledge only.

Personally, though, I don't know about this being a great RP for the secretive evil stuff. Otherwise everyone is pussyfooting around the whole RP, creating items and afraid to do anything because of diplomatic reasons, with no action ever taking place. I'm not saying constant war at all times, but still.

My thoughts, not yours. This is Scott, on PE2K.

Lusankya
12-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Seems like something that should have been stated before the RP started, not something that should be brought up now XD. Of course, if not given an answer, people will make their own conclusions about the groups. I, for instance, just went with the assumption that they were obvious world powers (which, if the groups have any kind of power base or a large troop count, should be the obvious choice). And each group would obviously want information on the others, given that each was a world power.

Which means basic information, not everything. For instance, you'd know that BG has a separate 'secret' group, not not exactly what it entails. While others might know Nox isn't all sunny and cheery, but not to what extent. And, of course, no solid proof to just out and out slander you guys for no reason. But the 'selfish intentions' sentence you had should be common sense for every RP. IC knowledge only.

Personally, though, I don't know about this being a great RP for the secretive evil stuff. Otherwise everyone is pussyfooting around the whole RP, creating items and afraid to do anything because of diplomatic reasons, with no action ever taking place. I'm not saying constant war at all times, but still.

My thoughts, not yours. This is Scott, on PE2K.

I'm sure Neo will find some reason to stop pussyfooting. The RP's only been up for a few days, people can have a opportunity to get ready.

Neo Emolga
12-25-2010, 01:39 AM

This is definitely something that needs to be addressed like... now. I've seen diplomacy issues and PR paranoia kill RPs before, I really don't want it to claim this RP as yet another victim.

Considering we're up to page 7 and there has yet to be a conflict, I say its time we really get the ball rolling. I have a good idea in mind to do just that, and it would definitely stir up trouble and warfare. We're past the exposition stage, so let's really get to the action.

Lord Celebi
12-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Considering we're up to page 7 and there has yet to be a conflict, I say its time we really get the ball rolling. I have a good idea in mind to do just that, and it would definitely stir up trouble and warfare. We're past the exposition stage, so let's really get to the action.

Well, Neo, we've been at this for only three days now and no one's really built anything yet. Maybe wait a few more days before nuking everyone?

Lusankya
12-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Well, Neo, we've been at this for only three days now and no one's really built anything yet. Maybe wait a few more days before nuking everyone?

Who needs things? Real RPers don't need things. Neo just needs posts. I love using italics.

RocketMeowth
12-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Who needs things? Real RPers don't need things. Neo just needs posts. I love using italics.

Italics make everything seem so much more dramatic. Don't you think? And yeah, I think people will do just fine without things to back them up in a fight. I mean for glory's sake, ninety percent of us have more than one Pokemon in us. I'm sure we could have fun with all the attacks we have.

=^^= Nya

Neo Emolga
12-25-2010, 04:38 AM

Well, we could arguably say that teams would still have access to pre-Synth technology, which would include the modern day weapons of today. Of course, the actual projects that are developed would be much stronger, but if we wanted to get battles going, it would be fair in my book to say that one team could have M1A2 Abrams tanks, M3A3 Bradleys , and Cobra helicopters while the other has T-90 tanks, M1 Tunguskas, and MI-24 Hind helicopters. As long as its kept in realistic quantities, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Dr Scott
12-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I say we keep things in Christmas spirit and say that Santa brought everyone a 50-post project item.

Bahaha.

Edit: I'm going to be heading home for Christmas (state hopping) for a week, so if I'm being slow / not posting it's because I'm spending quality time with my family. Only get to see them a few times a year :(. I'll try to throw up a post a day to keep up with Larvi, though.

NES2
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I just had a simple question about Hybrids and Chimeras here, and it's this.

Considering Hybrids are artificially fused mixes of Pokemon and human, do they pass the Hybrid trait onto any children they have, are they sterile, or do the children remain human, or even scarier, are the children possibly Pokemon?

Neo Emolga
12-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I just had a simple question about Hybrids and Chimeras here, and it's this.

Considering Hybrids are artificially fused mixes of Pokemon and human, do they pass the Hybrid trait onto any children they have, are they sterile, or do the children remain human, or even scarier, are the children possibly Pokemon?

Hate to say it, but sterility is probably the only thing that makes sense in this situation.

Phantasm.Angel
12-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Hate to say it, but sterility is probably the only thing that makes sense in this situation.

Sterility makes me sad inside. But, is there anyway to reverse the process of hybridization?

NES2
12-26-2010, 08:24 PM
We could probably research one I think. Yeah, that isn't such a bad idea.

Lusankya
12-26-2010, 08:34 PM

*smells X-men 3 plot*

RocketMeowth
12-26-2010, 08:35 PM
lol, who has time to make children in this RP? xDDDD

=^^= Nya

NES2
12-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Well, I smell a shipping cult between Ruzza and Shadowfox. Think of it, childhood friends? Same general pokemon Hybrids? Same age? There's potential here...

Lusankya
12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
That's silly, Neoxrust forever.

Phantasm.Angel
12-26-2010, 08:53 PM
*smells X-men 3 plot*

*looks forward to the day when hybrids create a superhero team*

NES2
12-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Actually, I'm creating an Official Panel of Ass-Kicking Experts as soon as Lance gets back to Sinnoh. I need candidates though...

Neo Emolga
12-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Potentially you could. You could find a way for Hybrids and Chimeras to be forcefully turned back into the humans they were originally, but that project might need to take more time considering how powerful of an effect that is.

But yes, anything's possible.

Larvinator
12-26-2010, 09:55 PM
You know, that could make an excellent point of attack for any character who's against becoming a Hybrid: "But if everyone's a Hybrid, the hoomans will die out!!!111!!!"

I don't think there really are any characters who have that viewpoint though.
Well, I smell a shipping cult between Ruzza and Shadowfox. Think of it, childhood friends? Same general pokemon Hybrids? Same age? There's potential here...
And Neo and RM are paired already!

However, as Lus said, slash-shipping is always preferable to canon.

RocketMeowth
12-27-2010, 03:59 AM

And Neo and RM are paired already!

However, as Lus said, slash-shipping is always preferable to canon.

FFFFF lol, you guys are silly. xDDD

Anyways, it kinda hit me... since we're going after legends now, should we make a post listing what ones are captured? It could look like this so there are no confusions as to who goes after what, only to find what they are after is captured:

Mew (captured) - RocketMeowth - Team Nox

Like that maybe?

=^^= Nya

Doodlebop
12-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Actually, I'm creating an Official Panel of Ass-Kicking Experts as soon as Lance gets back to Sinnoh. I need candidates though...

*sticks hand in the air*

Okay, I'll be honest. I haven't really been paying attention. What happened? A bomb went off during negotiations?

NES2
12-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Yup. That Shadowfox, always so fond of bombs. I'm surprised the explosives weren't in the cameraman's underwear.

Anyways,

*WARNING: INCOMING SMASH BROS. BRAWL REFERENCE APPROACHING*

THE FIGHT IS ON!

Doodlebop
12-27-2010, 01:47 PM

BRAWL!

Wait, I can't fight! LINK ISN'T HERE! HE'S MY BEST CHARACTER! *runs off to locate him*

Dog of Hellsing
12-27-2010, 02:59 PM

I lol'ed at that. The thing is, we have nothing to gain from bringing Sinnoh's residents to Johto other than for humans to realize we have only their welfare in mind. Remember, in Zara's first broadcast about the evacuation, she said no Sinnoh residents would be forced from Sinnoh and that after things settled down, anyone who wanted to would be returned to the region. We have nothing to gain from taking care of the humans except their trust, which is all we want because we want everyone, Hybrids and humans, to live in harmony and to be happy.

Then again, the people in the RP wouldn't exactly know that. For all anyone IC knows we're secretly operating an evil underground group XD.

Also, just to point out, Zara doesn't think Nox is evil, exactly, but she doesn't think at all well of them. Especially after the attack in Johto, she thinks all Nox cares about is their own desires. So far she doesn't think they're "evil", since they did help Hoenn, but she's ready to believe the worst of them with this latest incident.

lol, who has time to make children in this RP? xDDDD

=^^= Nya

LULZ.

EDIT: Also, I didn't misread anything this time, right? War WAS openly declared between Nox and Cataclysm this time, right? I need to know because I'll have to edit my post a bit if that's not the case.

Neo Emolga
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Also, just to point out, Zara doesn't think Nox is evil, exactly, but she doesn't think at all well of them. Especially after the attack in Johto, she thinks all Nox cares about is their own desires. So far she doesn't think they're "evil", since they did help Hoenn, but she's ready to believe the worst of them with this latest incident.

Well, so far, the OOC knowledge being applied to IC knowledge has been a bit silly. For all the world cares, Orre could be hit with a tornado and an earthquake, and people would blame Nox for that. A random sinkhole could swallow all of Kanto whole, people would blame Nox for that. And little Suzy's Growlithe in downtown Goldenrod City could get angry and bite her in the leg, and people would blame Nox for that. Nox is the reason why little Jimmy isn't good at chess, Nox is the reason why Betty's trampoline broke, and Nox is the reason why Sarah's cup of coffee was bitter in the morning.

Truthfully, it gets kind of funny after a while, but at the cost of logical realism.

Case in point, obviously, I'm pretty much done with the PR and diplomacy games. With that in mind, I hope you're ready for some warfare instead. We're up to page 11 already, its due time.

Dog of Hellsing
12-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Well, so far, the OOC knowledge being applied to IC knowledge has been a bit silly. For all the world cares, Orre could be hit with a tornado and an earthquake, and people would blame Nox for that. A random sinkhole could swallow all of Kanto whole, people would blame Nox for that. And little Suzy's Growlithe in downtown Goldenrod City could get angry and bite her in the leg, and people would blame Nox for that. Nox is the reason why little Jimmy isn't good at chess, Nox is the reason why Betty's trampoline broke, and Nox is the reason why Sarah's cup of coffee was bitter in the morning.

Truthfully, it gets kind of funny after a while, but at the cost of logical realism.

Case in point, obviously, I'm pretty much done with the PR and diplomacy games. With that in mind, I hope you're ready for some warfare instead. We're up to page 11 already, its due time.

Seriously started lol'ing at the bolded part XD.

Zara thinks Nox is behind the bomb because of how things have been going with them and Cataclysm. She also thinks poorly of Nox because they made a threat of war with Cataclysm first instead of having a diplomatic discussion first. But she won't feel they're responsible for all the evil in the world. But come on, you gotta admit, Nox has been acting a little like the guilty kid who took the cookies from the cookie jar. If that made no sense then don't ask, because I really don't get it either.

And hey, I don't mind. Bring the warfare! I wanna blow some people up XD.

RocketMeowth
12-27-2010, 07:10 PM

SO THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T LIKE MY COFFEE THIS MORNING!!!!! D:<

=^^= Nya

Lusankya
12-28-2010, 03:04 AM
I think we should point fingers at Johto too. It's their meeting hall, why couldn't they have been trying out to take out the leaders of two major factions in one go? Who knows what evil, sinister intentions the Cullen are hiding.

Also, I keep thinking of economic sanctions when DoH mentions non-military punishments, haha. Though in all honesty, trying to find traces of other people's DNA off of the exploded pieces of a corpse is highly improbable at best. There's a reason why IRL, DNA matching is almost always only used as a nail-in-the-coffin method in a case, almost never used to actually figure out the suspects. Finding the suspects to try and match DNA to is done by the old-fashioned method. But hey, I guess it might work.

Neo Emolga
12-28-2010, 05:13 AM
I think we should point fingers at Johto too. It's their meeting hall, why couldn't they have been trying out to take out the leaders of two major factions in one go? Who knows what evil, sinister intentions the Cullen are hiding.

Also, I keep thinking of economic sanctions when DoH mentions non-military punishments, haha. Though in all honesty, trying to find traces of other people's DNA off of the exploded pieces of a corpse is highly improbable at best. There's a reason why IRL, DNA matching is almost always only used as a nail-in-the-coffin method in a case, almost never used to actually figure out the suspects. Finding the suspects to try and match DNA to is done by the old-fashioned method. But hey, I guess it might work.

It's also possible Gabriel could have betrayed Nox. And its also possible that someone besides Cullen, Nox, or Cataclysm planted the bomb.

I also don't see how finding Shadowfox's DNA on Gabriel or even fragments of the bomb would help much. Shadowfox was bleeding after the bomb, which would also leave DNA around. A bomb fragment that cut Shadowfox would also have DNA on it, but that wouldn't necessarily make it that he handled the bomb prior to it going off.

Second, just because Shadowfox didn't grieve for Gabriel doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty. A bomb just went off, and to act out the botched assassination attempt, he accused Lance and ran as fast as he could, knowing Lance had two armed guards with him. If Lance really was trying to assassinate him, they would have made sure the bomb did the job, and if not, make sure their rifles finished it. Not to mention the possibility of another bomb going off. If you were trying to escape from a burning building, and your friend was already definitely dead, would you really slow yourself down to take the body out?

But nah, obviously it makes more sense for Nox to blow themselves up, of course. :rolleyes:

Doodlebop
12-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Even though I know this is rather off topic, I don't know what I should be doing right now...

Lusankya
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
NES2 has been silly for the entire RP.

Latio-Nytro
12-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I must ask-How so?

...Other than project D.E.R.P.

Lusankya
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Making Synth plants, accusing Neo of being evil because he left an exploded body while being bombed, etc. Seriously, it would be insane of Shadowfox to stick around and take care of his comrade's body when there are bombs going on around him if he believes it's an attempt on his life. I lol'd when NES2 suggested that he shouldn't have.

Also, would it be possible to have a full Project List from all the teams detailing what everything does?

Latio-Nytro
12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Lusankya, those things fall under the catagory of 'Stupid', not 'Silly'. Silly is naming a railgun Project D.E.R.P. Which he did. No offense NES2.

I dunno, a Universal Project List would be a very large thing.

Lusankya
12-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Lusankya, those things fall under the catagory of 'Stupid', not 'Silly'. Silly is naming a railgun Project D.E.R.P. Which he did. No offense NES2.

I dunno, a Universal Project List would be a very large thing.

Everyone could just post the project's they've started in a thread and say what they do, wouldn't be that much to ask. It'd only be big if two of three people had to end up doing it.

Neo Emolga
12-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Making Synth plants, accusing Neo of being evil because he left an exploded body while being bombed, etc. Seriously, it would be insane of Shadowfox to stick around and take care of his comrade's body when there are bombs going on around him if he believes it's an attempt on his life. I lol'd when NES2 suggested that he shouldn't have.

Also, would it be possible to have a full Project List from all the teams detailing what everything does?

I wouldn't mind putting Nox's projects in the second post of the Nox thread.

Also, should I write up a Cliffs Notes for this RP for people to catch up on?

Latio-Nytro
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
I officially dub Neo's Idea as "Smart!" I Like that Idea.

Lusankya
12-30-2010, 12:59 PM

If you feel like it sure, but it'd be a lot of work.

Doodlebop
12-30-2010, 06:43 PM

Please do. I got lost a couple pages ago. x.x

Dog of Hellsing
12-31-2010, 02:33 PM

It's also possible Gabriel could have betrayed Nox. And its also possible that someone besides Cullen, Nox, or Cataclysm planted the bomb.

I also don't see how finding Shadowfox's DNA on Gabriel or even fragments of the bomb would help much. Shadowfox was bleeding after the bomb, which would also leave DNA around. A bomb fragment that cut Shadowfox would also have DNA on it, but that wouldn't necessarily make it that he handled the bomb prior to it going off.

Second, just because Shadowfox didn't grieve for Gabriel doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty. A bomb just went off, and to act out the botched assassination attempt, he accused Lance and ran as fast as he could, knowing Lance had two armed guards with him. If Lance really was trying to assassinate him, they would have made sure the bomb did the job, and if not, make sure their rifles finished it. Not to mention the possibility of another bomb going off. If you were trying to escape from a burning building, and your friend was already definitely dead, would you really slow yourself down to take the body out?

But nah, obviously it makes more sense for Nox to blow themselves up, of course. :rolleyes:

Merun just wants to ID Grabriel's remains to discover who he was. She's not trying to ID anyone else from DNA they might have left on his body. I dunno how you guys came to that conclusion >>.

Also Neo, Johto never celebrated Lance as a hero. We were neutral about it and Zara made it clear that whoever was responsible for the attack, be it Nox OR Cataclysm, would be punished. Just wanted to throw that out there lol.

Fweeeee, you guys need to stop posting so darn much, too. *Shakes fist like a cranky old guy telling kids to get off his damn lawn.*

EDIT: And no one better mess with mah Dragons, cuz I will KEEEEEELL YOOOOOUUUUUUU!

Lusankya
12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm going to go after Rayquaza now.

Edit: NES2, your latest post reeks of god-modding. You cannot bomb multiple cities in Nox through NPCs in one third of a post pretending that Orre has no anti-air defenses and no warning system. It's debatable if you can launch an attack at all with nothing but nameless NPCs and two sentences saying cities were blown up, much less with a massive bomber fleet that didn't exist prior to this post when Nox has the only new-generation fighter plane in the RP.

NES2
12-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Well, we did send 10,000 viruses into their systems, not to mention that we did say we were preparing air-carriers, though I should rewrite the 'was' as would, since I didn't give you time to react. Yeah, I could probably see lots god-modding in that post, but when Neo posts 10 times for every one time you get online things get a bit one-sided.

So yeah... I'll fix that somewhat. I don't have much time, so i won't get to everything though.

RocketMeowth
12-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, we did send 10,000 viruses into their systems, not to mention that we did say we were preparing air-carriers, though I should rewrite the 'was' as would, since I didn't give you time to react. Yeah, I could probably see lots god-modding in that post, but when Neo posts 10 times for every one time you get online things get a bit one-sided.

So yeah... I'll fix that somewhat. I don't have much time, so i won't get to everything though.

10,000 viruses? That's still reeking of god mod. That and I'm sure I posted your carriers being destroyed, well, two of the very large ones that is. Are you going to just ignore a squadron of 10 NPC characters and a Ditto changing in a Wailord and dropping on your ships?

At least when I post, I'm actually making an NPC from your side kick the crap out of Ruzza. That and I don't overlook injury to even my Nox NPCs. I've already killed some. Don't know why I mentioned this... I felt I had to say it. Haha.

And so what if he posts that much? That doesn't give you the authority to just go ahead and god mod. Also, I'm posting just as insanely as him. I find it funny how you're only telling him to slow down when I post just as often. xDD

=P This is basically how Team RPs and WAR RPs occur here. Fast posts and multiple pages occur almost every day. Haha.

=^^= Nya

Dog of Hellsing
12-31-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm going to go after Rayquaza now.

*Aims an Uzi at your head.* Whatchoo say, foo'? YOU BEST BE JOKIN'! *Gets a crazy expression with her eyes bugging and spit flying from her lips, and some veins pop out of her forehead and neck.* O_<

EDIT: I sorta agree with RM. Other than Mewcario, I'm the ONLY person posting for my team. The Cullen is having a harder time keeping up than anyone ^^'...

Neo Emolga
12-31-2010, 06:14 PM

I know, I post a lot, I'm on break from school and my new job starts on the 10th of January, so yeah, I have free time. I probably should make one of my New Year's resolutions to be to stop wasting so much free time on this stuff. And to be honest, I thought Shen and other Cullen members (Not DoH, she's been doing outstanding so far) were going to get in on this RP a whole lot sooner and really boost Cullen's strength and influence and ally with Cataclysm, but now I'm pretty much convinced Cataclysm has become the main protagonist faction in this. Shen and Bron keep telling me they'll "get the sign up ready by tomorrow" and they never, ever do.

But anyway...

I guess to sum it all up, you felt completely killing Orre in a single paragraph was justified. I can tell you're annoyed and frustrated, but you have multiple Cataclysm RPers that could be addressing the situation and could either help defend Sinnoh or attack Orre, but your character, Lance Gerard, never gives them directions. You've got mickmon95, Silver Espeon Esper, Phantasm.Angel, and aoboco who are all very active and very talented RPers. Instead of having NPCs do all the work, give these RPers some directions and instructions, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you. Look as us on Nox, we're constantly coordinating with each other and that's what's making us very effective.

Anyway, as far as Orre goes, 10,000 viruses and full EMP-like electronic shutdown is really kind of ridiculous, not even the best of Anonymous's hackers on 4Chan could pull that off. That you use a viral attack on Orre, that's all fine and understandable, and even saying a few defenses were shut down is okay. But saying you essentially sent Orre back to the stone age in zero time just isn't right.

Secondly, destroying Agate Village, Gateon Port, Phenac City, and the Orre Space Center (which was a very BIG project we all worked on, mind you) in a single post is pure, pure god-modding of the highest degree. That you attack maybe two of these targets at once, okay. But here, it literally sounds like you're dropping nukes in the hundreds.

And lastly, there's this little gem:

All human pilots have their Synth suits on. The target is the Orre Synth Dome boys. Orre is going to pay for what Nox has done. Instant karma is headed your way...

Unlike you want the biggest international disaster in terms of public relations to go off in your face and support for Nox to go up by 100000%, I would definitely reconsider this action. By killing the dome and releasing all the Synth gas, you would outright MURDER every human in Orre, and all the things that Nox has ever done to you would look totally justified. In fact, it would practically make us Chaotic Good in nature compared to you. Not to mention that all of the outside support you've ever gotten would go to hell. What happened in Eterna City was already a pretty sour blemish on Lance Gerard's reputation, and unless you want me to outright mutilate his international standing and put him on the level of Hitler, you'd reconsider this. Sure, Nox may be evil, but this action would make you far, far more evil than Nox could ever be.

If you still want to do it and just want to ignore my warning, yeah, its feasible that you can destroy the dome, but I'll tell you right now, doing so would do way, way more damage against you than it would against us.

Lusankya
12-31-2010, 06:15 PM

Okay, first off, 10,000 viruses wouldn't do all that much. In 2008 there were over 50,000 cyber attacks on the Department of Defense, and nothing much happened at all. Viruses are actually pretty easy to deal compared with actual hacking. I don't know how much you actually know about computers and how much you learned from Hollywood, but you can't shut down military defense grids from the internet, you can't shut down power grids from the internet, and you sure as hell won't be able to steal plans from computers that aren't even connected to the internet. A virus attack like the one you posted about would do NONE of the things that you said it did.

Second, a few aircraft carriers cannot support a massive bomber fleet like the kind you're talking about. Even the largest modern aircraft carriers can only launch 1-2 person jets. It's not physically possible to launch a big strategic bomber like the kind you're talking about from a modern carrier, so if you want to make a carrier big enough to launch strategic bombers, then you will have to make a 20 post project out of it.

Third, what you did was blatantly and ridiculously god-modding. It doesn't matter how much Neo posts or how one-sided the fight is, god-modding simply isn't acceptable. Even by the most basic of RP rules, your bombers would've taken at least 2 posts to get to Orre, let alone start bombing. A virus attack of that scale cannot come out of the blue, you need time and posts to prepare it.

Lastly, over the last 3 pages in the RP, there are 17 Nox posts and 15 Cataclysm posts. Aka, over the last 3 pages in the RP, we have only 2 more posts than you do. A bigger problem than post count is coordination, you have people surrendering and people catching Pokemon and exploring caves when you ought to be defending your region. You're not even close to being as far behind as you seem to think you are, but you really ought to get your team working together if you want to have a chance.

@DoH: GO ON, SHOOT! LIKE YOU ACTUALLY WOULD!

Dog of Hellsing
12-31-2010, 06:37 PM
FWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!! *Fires the Uzi and a mass of adorable kittens fly out and cover Lus from head to tow in mewing, purring ADORABLEFULLNESS!!!* Mwuahaha, the Kitten Army will prevent you from stealing Rayquaza from meeeeeee! *Runs off.*

Haha, man, I'm like rust with Celebii, aren't I? Every big RP like this I go for Rayquaza, but I can't help it, I loves him so, he is my preeeeeeciiiooouuussssss.

Anyways, getting serious, the only reason you see me galumphing off for Legends is to counter the Legends already gained by Nox lol. Tbh I'm not even really planning on getting Kyurem, he's more just a plot device. I have actual plans for Giratina and Dialga, and Rayquaza I want just because I lurv him.

You can bet that if Mewcario were posting more often and Shen, Bron, and maybe White Wolf were more active in this, we'd be coordinating just like Nox is. That's the secret to having a successful Team. In Team and WAR RPs, members need to interact and coordinate to get things done and get them done quickly. You're not just acting for your own character's gain, you should be acting for the good of the Team.

Sieses
12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been trying my best to keep the team coordinated. The problem is that Mick, Doodle, and aoboco's characters are complete nobodies, from what I can tell. There is no reason for any of the higher ups (Lance or Kage) to call upon them for anything. Mick and Doodle have human characters who can't do much to help, anyway. Furthermore, those two seem to want to keep their human and Hybrid characters together, thus rendering their Hybrid characters worthless to defending the region as well.

Another problem is that NES doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me, leaving Phantasm and I as the only ones who can really do anything to help the team. This means that NES doesn't know what is going on in my mind, and I don't know what is going on in his. Doesn't help much that the two of us didn't get along that well prior to this. This team is going great, isn't it?

Lusankya
12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I've been trying my best to keep the team coordinated. The problem is that Mick, Doodle, and aoboco's characters are complete nobodies, from what I can tell. There is no reason for any of the higher ups (Lance or Kage) to call upon them for anything. Mick and Doodle have human characters who can't do much to help, anyway. Furthermore, those two seem to want to keep their human and Hybrid characters together, thus rendering their Hybrid characters worthless to defending the region as well.

Another problem is that NES doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me, leaving Phantasm and I as the only ones who can really do anything to help the team. This means that NES doesn't know what is going on in my mind, and I don't know what is going on in his. Doesn't help much that the two of us didn't get along that well prior to this. This team is going great, isn't it?

Yeah, well, this'll be a learning experience for you guys at least. Team RP's aren't about running off and doing your own thing forever, you have to make your characters with your team in mind.

FWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!! *Fires the Uzi and a mass of adorable kittens fly out and cover Lus from head to tow in mewing, purring ADORABLEFULLNESS!!!* Mwuahaha, the Kitten Army will prevent you from stealing Rayquaza from meeeeeee! *Runs off.*
*chases while covered in cats, sending kittens flying up into the air everywhere*

NES2
12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh god, it took two days off to ruin my team.

Again, good points, but in my attempt to make up for two days of posting I missed and a team that's off hunting crystals and pushing peace I was more than likely to post something like this anyways. Again, I shall work to remove the god-modding.

And it's not like I'm the only one here godmodding. I'm looking at Latio-Reol here. We build a massive dome to defend against attackers, and in one post a Machoke hybrid wrecks it. Not only did he bypass the railgun defenses, he broke through a solid metal dome.

Neo is sort of guilty too, since he pulled the Gabriel plot from nowhere, with any mention of it coming after the explosion. That kind of thing is sort of unfair. For example, when Lance was coming back from the meeting, he didn't instantly receive a Synth Suit. First he needed to arrive in Sinnoh. If you had been planning this, your post should have included readying explosives and the camera, a conversation with Gabriel, getting past security, etc. The same thing goes for Canalave, where no mention of preparation came for the attack. He also managed to land in Sinnoh without any mention of the fleet that was patrolling the region.

So yeah, I'm reducing that last post to a bombing of Gateon port that was a sort of Pyhrric victory, just to make up for the whole godmodding thing. Also, I'm changing it to a single really bad virus instead of over 9000. As for my team, we did have a decent system, but that fell apart pretty easily.

And there is no excuse for the Jubilife surrender Silver. Eterna blew up because our napalm strikes (which would do damage, but not as much as a full-scale bombing) ended up realistically setting off massive amounts of Nox placed explosives by accident. Furthermore, these are the nut cases that decided to occupy a town whose main attraction was it's natural and picturesque setting, packed it with explosives, and leveled it. I wouldn't trust ANYONE who would do that.

Again I will edit this and repost it, as well as get my team together. Really sorry for any inconvenience this puts you guys in, but nobody is perfect.

Latio-Nytro
12-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok, I forgive you, NES2.

But! According to the Pokedex Benefits, which I will use on any NPC Hybrid or Chimera, Machoke have boundless power when they're beltless, which Mario is. Therefore, He's pretty much capable of ripping a hole in your defenses.

Besides, I don't think that The turrets can't shoot at Invisible People-Avalon and Eon Night are compleatly covered In Mirage spray (Aka MACS), making them compleatly invisible from any technological means and plain old sight. It is, in fact, EXTREME use of Ooc Knowledge to have known that Hearthome had even been breached that quickly, and even then, by what.

Basically, I am justified.

EDIT: There's also the fact that you ignored Blizzard-the only PC that's still at Gaeton-and staying there. He can assist in defensive whatnot there-Virus protection or anti-air.

Lusankya
12-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh god, it took two days off to ruin my team.

Again, good points, but in my attempt to make up for two days of posting I missed and a team that's off hunting crystals and pushing peace I was more than likely to post something like this anyways. Again, I shall work to remove the god-modding.

And it's not like I'm the only one here godmodding. I'm looking at Latio-Reol here. We build a massive dome to defend against attackers, and in one post a Machoke hybrid wrecks it. Not only did he bypass the railgun defenses, he broke through a solid metal dome.

Neo is sort of guilty too, since he pulled the Gabriel plot from nowhere, with any mention of it coming after the explosion. That kind of thing is sort of unfair. For example, when Lance was coming back from the meeting, he didn't instantly receive a Synth Suit. First he needed to arrive in Sinnoh. If you had been planning this, your post should have included readying explosives and the camera, a conversation with Gabriel, getting past security, etc. The same thing goes for Canalave, where no mention of preparation came for the attack. He also managed to land in Sinnoh without any mention of the fleet that was patrolling the region.

So yeah, I'm reducing that last post to a bombing of Gateon port that was a sort of Pyhrric victory, just to make up for the whole godmodding thing. Also, I'm changing it to a single really bad virus instead of over 9000. As for my team, we did have a decent system, but that fell apart pretty easily.

And there is no excuse for the Jubilife surrender Silver. Eterna blew up because our napalm strikes (which would do damage, but not as much as a full-scale bombing) ended up realistically setting off massive amounts of Nox placed explosives by accident. Furthermore, these are the nut cases that decided to occupy a town whose main attraction was it's natural and picturesque setting, packed it with explosives, and leveled it. I wouldn't trust ANYONE who would do that.

Again I will edit this and repost it, as well as get my team together. Really sorry for any inconvenience this puts you guys in, but nobody is perfect.

Making a small hole in the dome is not the same thing as wrecking it. If it's an infiltration team, they're not going to be detected by NPC defenses as long as Latio puts sufficient effort and realism into his infiltration. Someone near Hearthome should be there to stop them. As there are Cataclysm characters near Hearthome, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

The Gabriel plot is small, a single bomb in a single camera that would honestly have been ruined by OOC knowledge applied to IC characters had he made it public knowledge, considering how much everyone in the RP used OOC knowledge to mess with Nox already. It's sufficiently small as to be plausible, and it didn't hurt anyone from Cataclysm directly. Nothing like destroying cities in a sentence. While your point is plausible, it's still nothing on the scale of what you did.

The attack on Canaclave was prepared for, Neo mentioned that he was splitting up his force into multiple divisions to launch strikes at different targets, including Canaclave.

As for your attack, you need to get rid of it entirely. The Gateon bombers can't even reach the city in a single post, let alone bomb it to smithereens. Attacks on other regions are bound as much by the 3 Travel Posts rule as RPers are. Furthermore, you also cannot just attack with a virus in a single post. That still takes preperation.

As a rule of thumb, the more damage you want any attack to do, the more effort you put into it and the longer and more detailed your posts should be. Judging by the amount of effort you put into your multiple attacks (one or two sentences for each), the effects on Nox should be some loud noises in Gateon and a few hours of work for some tech support people.

Latio-Nytro
12-31-2010, 08:32 PM
I think, Lusankya, we need to also remove Lance even knowing about the infiltration in the first place-He's ignoring YOUR Mirage Active Camoflauge System, which is fullproof against all technological means of detection or plain sight. They're being silent, so the best that NES2 can do as per that is to say that an alarm went off at the Synth Plant from Mario wrecking it.

I keep saying this over and over (I think)-Eon Night's got MACS on everything they have! Everything is impossible to detect unless you hear it/smell it/run into it by accident.

...What's Hammurabi?

NES2
12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure someone would notice a hole in the steel dome. i didn't say we knew where you were or anything, just that someone broke into the city and that the plans had to be moved.

Also, history lesson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammurabi).

EDIT: Actually, it only makes you invisible to technology. I'm pretty sure we can still see you until they work out the new one implementing the chemicals on Latios/Latias. I'm not sure if you guys are still working on that...

Lusankya
12-31-2010, 08:36 PM
I think, Lusankya, we need to also remove Lance even knowing about the infiltration in the first place-He's ignoring YOUR Mirage Active Camoflauge System, which is fullproof against all technological means of detection or plain sight. They're being silent, so the best that NES2 can do as per that is to say that an alarm went off at the Synth Plant from Mario wrecking it.

I keep saying this over and over (I think)-Eon Night's got MACS on everything they have! Everything is impossible to detect unless you hear it/smell it/run into it by accident.

...What's Hammurabi?

Yeah, NES2 is right on that one, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out someone's trying to infiltrate.

Latio-Nytro
12-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Yhea, but even then, I still think that people would also be concerned that something is wrong with the Synth Power Plant, and above all, I'd think that People will be more concerned into the Synth Plant-If I were in Lance's shoes, I'd definatly check out the plant-That's what started the war in the first place. I'd feel as if that would incur different consequences.

I'd be thinking that the infiltrators were out to sabotage the plants, making sure that they were going to stay incomplete. Therefore, I'd assume the plans safe; it's sabotage, not burglary.

EDIT: They already did that-It's complete Invisibility from Tech and Sight, right Lusankya?

NES2
12-31-2010, 08:48 PM
There is such a thing as multitasking; Eon Night could be doing both at the same time. In fact, they were.

They were going to take everything, every arm, every weapon, every blueprint, everything, and what the didn't need or couldn't take, they'd blow up. Simple.

Neo Emolga
12-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Lusankya's right about the whole Gabriel bomb thing. People would have unrealistically used OOC knowledge about it and it never would have happened. All throughout the entire RP, Nox has been guilty until proven innocent, and everyone was able to predict our next action simply from reading our posts, hence why the plans were kept a little bit more closed and ambiguous. As for the Canaclave bombing, that should have only destroyed a few passenger ships and the harbor, not the whole city.

If you want to say Floaroma Town isn't completely leveled and is only seriously damaged, along with Canaclave's harbor and Eterna as a whole, I can understand that and I'd be willing to accept it.

Also, don't take it as if losing Sinnoh is complete doom for Cataclysm. There are plenty of other regions you can resort to using and gaining on your side.

EDIT: Okay, I've looked at post #245 again, its acceptable. Let's keep going.

Latio-Nytro
12-31-2010, 09:07 PM
There is such a thing as multitasking; Eon Night could be doing both at the same time. In fact, they were.

LANCE GERARD doesn't know that. LANCE GERARD doesn't know if it's sabotage or a malfunction. LANCE GERARD doesn't know what else is happening. All LANCE GERARD knows is that there's something wrong at the Synth Plant.

Honestly, that post needs a complete overhaul. No offense to you NES2.

EDIT: NES2, I don't think that you should get away with everything. I can edit things out if it's considered Godmodding, but I'd like to at least steal documents for projects "THIS" and "SPARTA," as well as a whole Razorback Tank. Does that bother you? Is it Godmodding, Neo?

Lusankya
12-31-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure someone would notice a hole in the steel dome. i didn't say we knew where you were or anything, just that someone broke into the city and that the plans had to be moved.

Also, history lesson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammurabi).

EDIT: Actually, it only makes you invisible to technology. I'm pretty sure we can still see you until they work out the new one implementing the chemicals on Latios/Latias. I'm not sure if you guys are still working on that...

It's invisibility to radar, infrared, and visible light. If it were only technology there wouldn't be a real need to make it a 20 post project considering we have the technology today to do that. However, the invisibility from infrared is limited, the system has to be turned off after a certain time or it'll overheat and burn out. The eyeball invisibility would also be somewhat weakened considering that a person couldn't carry the computing power necessary for total invisibility, but they'd still be pretty hard to see, especially at night. The system's primarily designed for vehicles, so it's somewhat less effective on infantry, but they shouldn't be detected very easily.

This is why we need the Big Project List.... xD

Neo Emolga
12-31-2010, 10:17 PM
LANCE GERARD doesn't know that. LANCE GERARD doesn't know if it's sabotage or a malfunction. LANCE GERARD doesn't know what else is happening. All LANCE GERARD knows is that there's something wrong at the Synth Plant.

Honestly, that post needs a complete overhaul. No offense to you NES2.

EDIT: NES2, I don't think that you should get away with everything. I can edit things out if it's considered Godmodding, but I'd like to at least steal documents for projects "THIS" and "SPARTA," as well as a whole Razorback Tank. Does that bother you? Is it Godmodding, Neo?

It probably would be extremely difficult though. Not to mention that if you steal those things, it justifies us being able to destroy them easier, and reverse engineer them to create our own.

I say let's be a little bit easier on Cataclysm at the moment, at least until either Cullen comes into action, or they manage to get the team coordinated again. Also, I honestly think DoH should seal the pact with Cataclysm, even if Shen's not around. Same thing with Haloclyst. I don't want to slow the RP down, but I don't want to execute Cataclysm and give them virtually no hope of ever getting back on their feet again.

NES2
12-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Latio Reol, my posts specifically states that anything important was evacuated from the city, except for maybe a solar-powered fryer schematics. Unless you want sun-fried burgers, there is nothing useful to you in the city.

Also, you don't need to go easy on us! That's insulting to our competence!

Lusankya
01-01-2011, 12:13 AM
It probably would be extremely difficult though. Not to mention that if you steal those things, it justifies us being able to destroy them easier, and reverse engineer them to create our own.

I say let's be a little bit easier on Cataclysm at the moment, at least until either Cullen comes into action, or they manage to get the team coordinated again. Also, I honestly think DoH should seal the pact with Cataclysm, even if Shen's not around. Same thing with Haloclyst. I don't want to slow the RP down, but I don't want to execute Cataclysm and give them virtually no hope of ever getting back on their feet again.

I don't think that's something to worry about. Worst comes to worst, they can pack up and move to Isshu. It's not like we're going to chase them there and hunt them down one by one.

aoboco
01-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Also, you don't need to go easy on us! That's insulting to our competence!

I'm pretty sure a good number of people on our team have participated little in a Team RP or WAR. I know that I've only been in on the roleplay in one WAR... and then I got really busy very quickly, and just read along with it when I could. I'd be grateful that they're giving us a chance, when they really don't have to.

And get coordinated, of course. This side spelunking adventure wasn't intended to take this long. We'll be back soon xP And personally, I'd love for some orders, because I don't really know enough about roleplays like this to think of what could really really benefit us, and my mind thinks in weird ways anyway.

Lusankya
01-01-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm pretty sure a good number of people on our team have participated little in a Team RP or WAR. I know that I've only been in on the roleplay in one WAR... and then I got really busy very quickly, and just read along with it when I could. I'd be grateful that they're giving us a chance, when they really don't have to.

And get coordinated, of course. This side spelunking adventure wasn't intended to take this long. We'll be back soon xP And personally, I'd love for some orders, because I don't really know enough about roleplays like this to think of what could really really benefit us, and my mind thinks in weird ways anyway.

Well, aren't you close to Hearthome? You could go mess up Latio-Reol's attempt to infiltrate the city.