PDA

View Full Version : Who hates the move sucker punch?

Ender the Xenocide
12-21-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't know why, but I absolutely despise this move, it is so strange.

Arch Enemy
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't say that I hate it, even though it sounds like a dirty move, it's actually pretty good. xD It's an unexpected punch, it allows you to strike before your opponent, which is usually a good thing if your opponent's Pokémon is faster.

Rival Silver
12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
It can be annoying, but I find Fake Out to be a much more annoying move.

Mr420
12-24-2010, 03:32 AM
strange indeed, but your dislike of the move wont make the move dis-appear.
speed is the name of the game. and sucker punch is one for sure way for you to get that quick 1st hit which may or may not give you the advantage.

but in your case you appear to dislike being on the recieving end of said punch.
here are a few hits I will barter
a) if you feel or can predict the "sucker punch" use a mon with Protect.
b) here are two berries you can use to counter the punch not entirely but its better than not wearing condoms.
I-Jaboca berry Causes recoil on foe if holder is hit by a physical move
II-Colbur berry Weakens foe's super effective Dark-type move

rasta_rude_boy420
12-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I love this move because it makes Cacturne awesome!!! Sandstorm + Sub + SD + SP is a great combo. And seed bomb there is to predict non-attacking moves =P

EDIT: OF Course sandstorm would already be on the field previously from Hippo or Tyr

babs
12-24-2010, 12:12 PM
idk why but the move sucker punch really pisses me off

Steak
12-30-2010, 04:27 AM
It makes Spiritomb worth it. I'm not complaining.

Trent Reznor
01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Unless the attack is super-effective, I don't use it.

Moe2
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I love it, Behind a sub opponent is forces to attack. Its in UU where you really see Sucker Punch shine

lu1z
01-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I love this move because it makes Cacturne awesome!!! Sandstorm + Sub + SD + SP is a great combo. And seed bomb there is to predict non-attacking moves =P

EDIT: OF Course sandstorm would already be on the field previously from Hippo or Tyr

I aggree with this statement 101%

Besides Sucker Punch can help you revenge kill a Pokemon that has for example 4 Agilities or DD under his belt. I only wished Ttar had it, it would be helpful since his Sped is not so good.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm not too worried about the what move the opponent Pokemon uses on me. As long as my Pokemon is at a significant higher level (up to 10 levels) and has been given vitamins, (carbos, calcium, protein, iron, and zinc) I can (most of the time) endure the hit.

What bothers me the most is it seems no matter how much faster my Pokemon is than the opponent, they always seem to hit first. It's like this: They hit me, I order my attack, they hit me again, then I hit them. That's what frustrates me!!!

This happens on Pokemon Battle Revolution too.

perky1337
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Sucker Punch is good. If it really pisses you off try to psyche out you opponent by using a poke that has some kind of buff move. The sucker punch will fail if you don't attack them. So you can really piss them off by making them waste the move.

Tombi
01-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I saw this thread, but never commented. Then when I was playing SS, I realised... that yes. SUCKER PUNCH IS SEVERELY ANNOYING. T_____T

Eun Min
01-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Yeah, it annoys me. But when I let my Furret use it, it's handy because I get the upper hand sometimes. Though when it fails, that annoys me, too. XD

Ceromax
01-22-2011, 09:51 AM
indeed! is an annoying move!

Lohuydahutt
02-16-2011, 10:37 PM
ehh... when other people use it. My not specially trained toxicroak has it. Quagsire + Dry Skin Toxicroak=Pwnage

Pokomum
02-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Sucker punch is a bit of a pain when your on the receiving end of it but if your dishing it out it can be handy. The move I really dislike is self destruct..... WHY?? To me its about as useless as Magikarp......Bless it's little wet socks....

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Magickarp are pretty useful. Cook em' up in a good stir-fry or something... Ahem, anyway! Hay, selfdestruct and explosion are awesome if you are down to like 5 hp with no potions. Might as well take the jerk down with you!

Fushigidane
02-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I find Fake Out more annoying only because I see it more.

Professor Geoffrey
02-25-2011, 11:59 PM
I hate Sucker Punch with much furosity. I'll have a good move chosen, and I'll get all excited about it, ready for it to practically OHKO the other Pokémon because it is super effective, and then WHAM. The other Pokémon has to be a buzzkill with Sucker Punch. It sickens me. D:<

A few moves I do like (just because) are Aurora Beam, Signal Beam (pretty much all of the beams, but especially these two), Aeroblast, Zap Cannon; all of the weird, underused moves, often ones with lower accuracy. Just because. =)

~Professor Geoffrey

Pokomum
02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Magickarp are pretty useful. Cook em' up in a good stir-fry or something... Ahem, anyway! Hay, selfdestruct and explosion are awesome if you are down to like 5 hp with no potions. Might as well take the jerk down with you!

:-D Mmmm yup, Ok I can see that.... If I've got no potions left with that much HP left then I suppose I deserve to die :-D

We really shouldn't dis the Karp... Poor little thing....

CrazyTrainer
02-26-2011, 02:21 AM
Sucker punch is a weird move something I wouldn't want doesn't it make you go first thought.