PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Metal Bands!!!

Undetected
12-24-2010, 06:16 AM
What are you top 10 favorite metal bands?? (if you don't have 10, it's nbd)

Mine are:
Pantera
Bullet For My Valentine
Slipknot
Meshuggah
Trivium
Judas Priest
In Flames
Killswitch Engage
August Burns Red
Machinehead
Slayer

These aren't in any particular order because all eleven of them (and hell yea i DID just put eleven! I have sloop many favorites)are AMAZING :D
Anyway, who are your favorites?

scubasteveE
12-24-2010, 06:28 AM
This probably should be in the entertainment section, but don't worry, a mod will move it eventually....

Some of mine are The Agonist, Woe of Tyrants, Dream Theater, The Human Abstract, and many others, but I'm too tired to think of many more. xD

Oh and inb4metalheadsayshaveofyourbandsyoulistedaren'tmet al.

Undetected
12-24-2010, 07:01 AM
The agonist and dream theater are both awesome!!

Woodchuck
12-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Oh and inb4metalheadsayshaveofyourbandsyoulistedaren'tmet al.

Well damn.

Mine are:

Death, Running Wild, Orphaned Land, Skeletonwitch, Insomnium, Coroner, Vektor, and Ulysses Siren.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
12-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I have the entire discography (hard copies) of Slipknot and Linkin Park. :cool: I also like Escape the Fate.

Linkin Park aren't metal, silly.

My favorite metal bands are Opeth, Mastodon, Katatonia, and Darkthrone, among others.

Tombi
12-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh sweet Jesus here we go

Linkin Park aren't metal, silly.

My favorite metal bands are Opeth, Mastodon, Katatonia, and Darkthrone, among others.

I LOVE HOW IT'S YOU WHO SAYS THAT AND NOT ME OR JAKE XDDD

Mine are Summoning, Finntroll, Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Lord Agheros (solo artist) and Beherit TO NAME A FEW.

Masami
12-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Cradle of filth.
Slipknot.
30 Seconds to mars (the last album, this one isnt so heavy!)
Skillet (monster makes me smash my head so hard)
I hate metttalica, theyre so crap!!!!!!!
ALL THE REMAINS!
BRING ME THE HORIZON!

God theyre so many amazing heavy bands!!!!!

Trent Reznor
12-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Metal used to be my favorite, but not really anymore.

Metallica and Slayer, but that stopped. I'm really not sure why I started.

Tombi
12-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I hate metttalica, theyre so crap!!!!!!!

That one's true though.

Masami
12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
And in responce to Undetected.

http://wallpaper.metalship.org/images/the-agonist1.jpg

Who wouldn't?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
12-24-2010, 07:56 PM
She's pretty, but the best female in metal is easily Yoshiko Ohara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDox_P9C-q4

Skylands
12-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Bring Me The Horizon, Skillet, System of a Down, Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, and Rise Against.

Masami
12-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Maple...I dno bro.

http://i32.tinypic.com/zugnk9.jpg
Marta Peterson - Bleeding Through.

Undetected
12-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Bring Me The Horizon <3

Masami
12-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I come from the same city as BMTH, and let me tell you, Ollie Sykes is an absolute fa**ot.

LS
12-26-2010, 05:33 AM
My favorite metal is:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Sodium.svg/424px-Sodium.svg.png

Husnain
12-26-2010, 05:36 AM
My favorite metal is:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine03/sodium_files/sodium.jpg

really because mine is

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/fambros/fambros0902/fambros090200046/4315560-titanium-form-periodic-table-of-elements.jpg

JacobWells
12-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Despise metal.

Fave DethMetal bands:

Mushroomhead
Cattle Decapitation

The Maple Syrup Baptist
12-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Despise metal.

Fave DethMetal bands:

Mushroomhead
Cattle Decapitation

You mention a really boring nu-metal band, then a really good death/grindcore band. You hurt my heart.

@ LS and Husnain: Trolls are poopy.

Masami
12-26-2010, 10:50 PM
They're bad trolls aswell, far too obvious.
Fail troll is fail.

Finch
12-26-2010, 11:14 PM
They're bad trolls aswell, far too obvious.
Fail troll is fail.
LS is the best of all trolls.

I prefer adamantium.

In any case, my favourite metal band is the Clash

Undetected
12-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Despise metal.

Fave DethMetal bands:

Mushroomhead
Cattle Decapitation

FINALLY!! Someone else who like Mushroomhead!! :D

DancingDodo
12-27-2010, 12:57 AM
I come from the same city as BMTH, and let me tell you, Ollie Sykes is an absolute fa**ot.

IIRC didnt he go to Stocksbridge High? That's explain a few things ^_^;

xXrealgoon420xX
12-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Animals As Leaders
Periphery
Opeth
Mar De Grises
Agalloch
Burzum
Meshuggah
Strapping Young Lad

you cannot IMAGINE the hatred i feel for all of you

Masami
12-27-2010, 01:27 AM
IIRC didnt he go to Stocksbridge High? That's explain a few things ^_^;

They're from Sheffield, and live in Sheffield.

I'd also like to edit to point out realgoon, we're kidding. There's many more elitists just like you pretending to be all real metal, try talking to Tombi, she'd love you.
;)

xXrealgoon420xX
12-27-2010, 01:33 AM

I'd also like to edit to point out realgoon, we're kidding. There's many more elitists just like you pretending to be all real metal, try talking to Tombi, she'd love you.
;)
don't tell me that i'm not ELITE
yeah i listen to paramore and anime OSTs every now and then, doesn't mean that i'm not hardcore

Masami
12-27-2010, 01:35 AM
don't tell me that i'm not ELITE
yeah i listen to paramore and anime OSTs every now and then, doesn't mean that i'm not hardcore

I THINK WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY I THINK WE HAVE AN EMERGENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Sucessful troll IS sucessful.

xXrealgoon420xX
12-27-2010, 01:40 AM
define trolling because i speak in nothing but absolutes
if the truth is trolling then wikileaks help us all

Masami
12-27-2010, 01:50 AM
fellow anon?

ReclusiveDemon
12-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Metal is absolute trash. Nothing but unintelligent heathens banging on their instruments and screaming like primitive, retarded pagans. Pagans were rightfully etched out of society through hundreds of years of progress, and the moronic musicians of today try to bring that back? The sooner you people realize this and stop trying to be rebels against the conformity of society, the better off you will be in this world. How about you immature dolts start listening to real music, like the compositions of Dvorak, Zelenka, Janacek, Liszt and Tchaikovsky?

Charlatans, the lot of you. Grow up.

xXrealgoon420xX
12-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Metal is absolute trash. Nothing but unintelligent heathens banging on their instruments and screaming like primitive, retarded pagans. Pagans were rightfully etched out of society through hundreds of years of progress, and the moronic musicians of today try to bring that back? The sooner you people realize this and stop trying to be rebels against the conformity of society, the better off you will be in this world. How about you immature dolts start listening to real music, like the compositions of Dvorak, Zelenka, Janacek, Liszt and Tchaikovsky?

i appreciate the finer works of the baroque and renaissance period and sometimes i enjoy a modern symphony with a glass of wine - but that is all. to say that the music of olde is actually enjoyable to listen to without some form of nostalgic viewpoint or nonconformist attitude with the guise of intellectualism is quite possibly even more pretentious than the average metallic drone

i've always been able to appreciate music from a different era, but you can never "truly" enjoy it for long simply because you cannot relate. to say that you can would be a blatant lie

fellow anon?

all the way until 2007 before **** hit the fan with the retarded masses - but i still go there to masturbate

Masami
12-27-2010, 02:30 AM
you'll enjoy it here oldf...uhm....g. So many kids to troll, so many mods equally trollable.
Not much on /s/ a lately, some kickass red head threats though.

for we are many.

Undetected
12-27-2010, 02:58 AM

Hey, Tchaikovsky is a musical genius. But there are many kinds of music that i consider genious, not just that of the Baroque or the Renaissance periods. Modern music, from Led Zeppelin to Slipknot, is considered by many to be musical genious. But there's no sense in putting metal down and calling its makers and listeners morons. Many people in today's day and age (besides the old-timers) don't even know who Dvorak or Tchaikovsky are. Let's see, how about this one. I want you to go to 30 different people, and ask them if they have either Tchaikovsky on their iPods or mp3 players. Chances are more will have Slipknot. So does the rest of the world.

Oh, and by the way, I'm a Roman Catholic, NOT a pagan.

MaskedJackal
12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Neurosis, Morbid Angel, Death, Sodom, Primordial, Cadaver, Autopsy, Type O Negative, Fear Factory

Hey, Tchaikovsky is a musical genius. But there are many kinds of music that i consider genious, not just that of the Baroque or the Renaissance periods. Modern music, from Led Zeppelin to Slipknot

I stopped reading there. Slipknot isn't even music.

Also, get_trolled by Red.

Woodchuck
12-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I wasn't even aware that the words 'Slipknot' and 'genius' could be used in the same sentence without the world imploding.

NTT
12-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Bring Me The Horizon <3
This. And Alexisonfire.

Finch
12-27-2010, 08:27 PM

;)
^ She probably would, if you like Agalloch. So would I.

Masami
12-27-2010, 10:49 PM
^ She probably would, if you like Agalloch. So would I.

Sorry, forgot to mention Dan. Haven't spoken to him in so long im beggining to think he doesn't care anymore :(

Stardy
12-28-2010, 03:33 AM
I wasn't even aware that the words 'Slipknot' and 'genius' could be used in the same sentence without the world imploding.
He actually said "genious", which counteracted it.
you'll enjoy it here oldf...uhm....g. So many kids to troll, so many mods equally trollable.
Not much on /s/ a lately, some kickass red head threats though.

for we are many.

This post pisses me off. Using terms from that site such as Oldfag and "for we are many" because lolanonisleigunnnn anywhere but on that site generally does though. So just ignore me and enjoy your red heads. :tongue:

This. And Alexisonfire.
Alexisonfire isn't even close to metal. They're post hardcore.

Present favourites are Dying Fetus, Type O Negative and Opeth, with Opeth being the most played as of late. I can generally listen to anything and enjoy it though.

Exon Auxus
12-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Dragonforce has a couple of decent songs lol?

LS
12-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Dragonforce has a couple of decent songs lol?

I giggled. SS, I love you. <3

Who's up for some:

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Heavy_Metal_Music.jpg[

jk

and would you guys consider Avenged Sevenfold to be Heavy Metal or more in the Hard Rock category?

Professor Geoffrey
01-01-2011, 04:18 AM
OH MY GAWD I TOTALLY LOVE METALLL

My favorite of all time as far as metal goes would be Within Temptation. See Who I Am, for the win...

~Professor Geoffrey

Biscotti
01-03-2011, 07:48 AM
No particular order:

Rammstein
Killswitch Engage
Tool
Dio
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
Nine Inch Nails
Rainbow
Black Sabbath
Five Finger Death Punch
Korn (Before 2002)
etc.

Grimowl
01-05-2011, 11:06 PM
and would you guys consider Avenged Sevenfold to be Heavy Metal or more in the Hard Rock category?

I consider them metal, but I know a lot of people don't.

Anyways, In Flames, Ensiferum, Turisas, Wintersun and Avenged Sevenfold are about the only metal bands I listen to much anymore. They're all extremely asskicking though, and I saw both In Flames and Avenged live 2010. Great concerts, especially In Flames.

Beyourownhero
01-05-2011, 11:54 PM
My top 10:

Bring Me the Horizon
Here Comes the Kraken
The Devil Wears Prada
Avenged Sevenfold
All That Remains
Asking Alexandria
After Dark I Bleed
Bleedbeforetheskies
Suicide Silence