PDA

View Full Version : What was YOUR game of the year?

LS
12-30-2010, 06:08 AM
It's almost the end of the year, gaming websites are announcing the best games of the year and all that.

What were the games that kept you engaged and you consider to be the best games of 2010?

For me, It's probably between Call of Duty: Black Ops because I'm going to be playing that for ages and Bioshock 2.

I'v played Bioshock 2 multiple times and the story just never bores me. It's great.

Black Ops... for obvious reasons.

Another game that was really under appreciated this year was Singularity. That was fantastic.

karmachameleon
12-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my pick for game of the year, a fine refinement of the formula found in its predecessor. While it lacks the freedom that earlier Mario games possessed, you can't really complain about 30+ hours of tight control and innovative course platforming. Far and away the best platformer this generation. 8/10.

Honorable mentions of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Bayonetta, and Starcraft II.

Rhys!
12-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

Best DS game ever, even above Pokémon.

Beyourownhero
12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
In Japan: Pocket Monsters Black
In general: I had my eye on Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Tough choice but I gave it Halo Reach. An amazing way for Bungie to go out. The campaign was very suspenseful and it brought me to the edge of my seat especially during the final two missions. The multi-player is phenomenal. You have a decent amount of playlists to enter. The maps may be lacking but they do their job well in certain game types. Sword Base in particular is a great map for Multi team Oddball and King of the Hill. The battles tend to get pretty hectic. And for those that are creative, there is Forge World. A map on it's own and pretty humongous clocking in at 1 hour to traverse by foot. It's a great sandbox to create your own custom maps. You're imagination and the number of objects at your disposal are really your only limits. Making what is known as "Forge Art" is another fun thing to do in forge world. That's why I Reach is my GOTY. >.>

garjmp
12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Modern Warfare 2, even if it was released it in late 2009. I played it for more than half of 2010, and enjoyed it.

Skylands
12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Doodlebop
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
If the game doesn't have to be released this year, Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess.

Finally... FINALLY got my hands on this game. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I honestly think it trumps Ocarina in nearly every way. *quickly raises flame shield* Close runner up was Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

And if it does have to be released this year, Rune Factory 3. I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm adoring it.

Teddiursa of the Sky
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Pokemon Silver, Black Ops, All the Final Fantasies, and Halo: Reach.

Edit: Oh! Masami brought up another contestant for Game of the Year! Starcraft II. Epic story with epic units and epic multiplayer. Definitely the best RTS of the year.

Gokudera-Kun
12-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

All-in-all though, I agree with Spike's choice, Red Dead Redemption was pretty gnarly.

Woodchuck
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Definitely Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption. Haven't had a chance to play AC: Brotherhood or New Vegas yet, though, so I suppose those could still be contenders.

Black Ops was decent, but not quite GotY material. The campaign was fun, but predictable, and while the multiplayer is a step up from MW2, it still has its flaws.

Pokemon_Ron
12-30-2010, 06:38 PM
COD: Black Ops.
game of the decade.

Masami
12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
COD: Black Ops.
game of the decade.

You haven't played many games in this decade then, have you? Especially since it's the worst COD. And I've played every single one. Cod4 EASILY destroys it.

Starcraft II.

JokesterJesse
12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

All-in-all though, I agree with Spike's choice, Red Dead Redemption was pretty gnarly.

This with the addition of Black Ops and Borderlands.

Pokemon_Ron
12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
You haven't played many games in this decade then, have you? Especially since it's the worst COD. And I've played every single one. Cod4 EASILY destroys it.

Starcraft II.

Calm down there, COD fanboy.
I enjoyed it the most out of all the COD's. AND the online beasts any game I've ever played online.
har har har.

Masami
12-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Calm down there, COD fanboy.
I enjoyed it the most out of all the COD's. AND the online beasts any game I've ever played online.
har har har.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually anti-cod(halo/CS <3). However, being in a cod clan kinda enforces you to play it quite often.
the online is terrible, the napalm strike is far FAR too glitchy, it takes far far too many bullets to kill a person for the cod play style. they tried to slow down the play and make it more tactical, which they utterly failed at.

Teddiursa of the Sky
12-31-2010, 10:36 AM

Starcraft II.

You are saying that MW2 would beat Black Ops? I know the answer, but in sarcasm I must ask. Have you ever played a Call of Duty?

Masami
12-31-2010, 12:22 PM
You are saying that MW2 would beat Black Ops? I know the answer, but in sarcasm I must ask. Have you ever played a Call of Duty?

Did you just miss the fact I said I'd played every COD, and the last 3 as part of clans?
Ofcourse MW2 wouldn't beat BlackOps, I never said MW2 was a good game, cause it isn't. The quick scoping is highly amusing however. Where as......black ops multiplayer is boring. So yes, MW2 wins.
Black Ops wins solely on the campeign, which was good.
However there's some quite amusing things on MW2, where as black ops is simply dull.

Professor Geoffrey
01-01-2011, 04:22 AM
For me? Definitely Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. =]

~Professor Geoffrey

Orthar
01-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Definitely Red Dead Redemption, what a fantastic game.

Grassy_Aggron
01-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Sonic Colors, yatatatata XD

Sure, I beat the storyline within 5 hours...But I have a lot of "red ring" collecting to do. And the new voices~ I must admit, Roger has won me over. He absolutely wonderful with Sonic - really captures the attitude. And Katie for Tails wasn't bad either.

And Mike was the only actor to survive the change. Eggman was as evil as ever. Wasn't a lot of "hoo hoo hoo"s. That odd type of laugh, you know. I missed that.

I mean, it isn't one of the best games - Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog beat it, but still, it was really fun to play. I was angry Sonic Colors wasn't on the list for Spike's VGAs.

Buuuut, oh well. Tiddlywinks! *Poofs*

LS
01-01-2011, 05:32 AM
I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually anti-cod(halo/CS <3). However, being in a cod clan kinda enforces you to play it quite often.
the online is terrible, the napalm strike is far FAR too glitchy, it takes far far too many bullets to kill a person for the cod play style. they tried to slow down the play and make it more tactical, which they utterly failed at.

I agree that Black Ops is not the best CoD game but I enjoy it more than MW2... CoD4 is known to be the best in the series so chill out. We're not havin a CoD war here.

Grassy_Aggron
01-01-2011, 06:59 AM
I agree that Black Ops is not the best CoD game but I enjoy it more than MW2... CoD4 is known to be the best in the series so chill out. We're not havin a CoD war here.

The irony here is that Call of Duty games center around war.

Winter
01-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Unlike the war-lovers here, I was a fan of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Professor Layton and the Unwound future, and Final Fantasy XIII(which I just got). And can't try to choose between them.

Synester
01-01-2011, 07:56 AM
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

If you're ever going to create an MMORPG, make sure Blizzard has no intention of releasing anything that year.

Lan.exe
01-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Red Dead Redemption wins for games I haven't played. For games I actually played, Black Ops was good, but not as good as Minecraft.

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a game make as much of an impact as it has, and it's only been in beta for a two weeks. Sure, it's coded in Java which kinda sucks, but the game is survival horror in the purest form, combined with awesome Lego-style building. Plus the mod support is incredible, and there's mods to make Minecraft look crazy good and add all sorts of user-made content. So yeah, that indie game from Sweden is my GOTY.

s00pahFr0g
01-03-2011, 07:08 AM
To be honest, I was not particularly impressed with this year's games. I do not like FPS what-so-ever so and CoD or even Halo or whatever else is automatically a no for me. I do on the other hand happen to love RTS. My vote goes to Starcraft II. Despite the fact that the new battle.net is an epic fail and Blizzard should not have released it. I loved the old battle.net; it was brilliant in it's simplicity to use and yet it gave you all you needed to play online. The new one is a pain; I can't find any of my old UMS games and I can't be bothered to page through all those games just to find what I'm looking for. They may not have even remade it in the first place. I honestly didn't play the game much at all but it was a release that I've been waiting for for so many years.

Phantom Kat
01-03-2011, 07:21 AM
If the game doesn't have to be released this year, Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess.

Finally... FINALLY got my hands on this game. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I honestly think it trumps Ocarina in nearly every way. *quickly raises flame shield* Close runner up was Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

And if it does have to be released this year, Rune Factory 3. I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm adoring it.

:D Let's hear it for Twilight Princess. It was a great game (an awesome way to be introduced to the LoZ franchise, in my case). I just it wouldn't be so easy the second time around. Oh well, it's worth it. :)

Released this year: Pokemon SoulSilver

Lovely graphics, AMAZING music. It truly kept my interest throughout the whole thing. I love the storyline (this coming from a person who never played G/S/C), certainly more interesting than D/P, in my opinion. Though I haven't completed it, I love it. :)

Not Released this year: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

OhmygoshIfinallyfinishedit! ;_; Two years it haunted me. Aside from that, the game was challenging enough to keep me entertain but not brain-numbing difficult that would make the whole thing a pain (the Phantoms are a whole 'nother story.) The ending was well worth the trouble I went through finishing the darn game.

... Though it will be a snowy day in south Texas before I go through that hell again.

- Kat

garjmp
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Okay, I just played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (my first AC game), well, a lot for the past week. The last few open world games I played before this game were Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Crackdown. After beating all of those games and doing some sidequests and stuff, I was kind of turned off by open world gameplay. However, I decided to pick up Assassin's Creed because my brother got it for Christmas. It's pretty looking and fun, and a nice change from my usual games that involve shooting things. Climbing and jumping from things is much funner and cooler than Crackdown once you get the controls. Furthermore, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has a lot of things to collect, take over, and do, all in the campaign. 100%-ing this game beyond achievements won't be a chore, but actually fun, yet still slightly challenging. It also has a fresh multiplayer mode, and timed missions to compete for a leaderboard spot.

Anyway, I've concluded that AC Brotherhood deserves my game of the year award. I've also concluded that shooting and open world isn't really that fun, or isn't anymore. Shooting games are best in multiplayer.

lol, it's pretty much the same multiplayer in terms of speed. It takes one more bullet with no Stopping Power available for some guns, killstreaks aren't as fun/powerful, there is no OMA Grenade Launcher spam, and snipers are nerfed. The change in speed is hardly noticeable, and if 1 extra bullet is "far far too many bullets", maybe you need to aim better.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
My game of the year is a tie between God Of War III and Mass Effect 2.

Stardy
01-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I'll give it to Mass Effect 2 for all the fun and replays I managed to have on it. Bioware created a masterpiece with it, and, outside of the storyline, is a direct upgrade of the first game. Had a lot of fun on other games as well, such as Halo: Reach and Red Dead Redemption, but Mass Effect 2 wins it for me.

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Did you just miss the fact I said I'd played every COD, and the last 3 as part of clans?
Ofcourse MW2 wouldn't beat BlackOps, I never said MW2 was a good game, cause it isn't. The quick scoping is highly amusing however. Where as......black ops multiplayer is boring. So yes, MW2 wins.
Black Ops wins solely on the campeign, which was good.
However there's some quite amusing things on MW2, where as black ops is simply dull.

You can say you played it, but that doesn't mean you have. And I mentioned that I knew the answer, but I asked it in sarcasm anyway. Apparently sarcasm is a foreign language to you.

I never intended this to be an argument, but rather just me being silly and saying that Black Ops is far better than MW2. In MW2 it is the same boring S&D, Death Match, FFA, blah blah blah. Where as the wager matches and Zombies modes are fun. And yes, I own(ed) both. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Giratina
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. I can't pull out all of this "RED DEAD REDEMPTION LOLOL" or "HALO REACH LOLOL" stuff like you all, because all of my consoles are out for my blood, but as far as DS, GBA, and PSP games so, BBS takes the cake. (Runner-up is Dissidia Final Fantasy. Haven't gotten my hands on Guardian Signs yet because I'm cheap and lazy. > >)

Ridley
01-04-2011, 10:23 PM
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/up/news/GoldenSunDarkDawnAustralianCover.jpg

http://www.gossipgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/minecraft.jpg

RocketMeowth
01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
My game of 2010 was Pokemon Black. God I am such a nerd. xDD

=^^= Nya

Grassy_Aggron
01-05-2011, 01:17 AM
My game of 2010 was Pokemon Black. God I am such a nerd. xDD

=^^= Nya

Lucky. Reading Japanese like that, hmph. I still can't figure out their symbols - they all look the same!

So yeah, 2010 - Sonic Colors
2009 - Ummmm....Pokemon Platinum...?
2008 - Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I just had to put Brawl in there. I still can't believe it lost "Best Wii Game" to Boom Blox. Urgh. How humiliating. I can't wait for the next installment (I can has Shadow the Hedgehog as playable character please?). Super Smash Bros Mayhem, maybe?

...I got off topic. I'm sorry. I'm very jealous of you RM. Very, very jealous. I might just have to trace your internet address, fly to your state, sneak into your house, and steal you game.

All with only five dollars on my part in the dead of winter. CUNNING~

CrazyTrainer
01-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Halo reach baby but theres alot of other good competition

ironZEKROM
01-05-2011, 03:26 AM
mine was assasins creed brotherhood.

Masami
01-05-2011, 03:51 AM
You can say you played it, but that doesn't mean you have. And I mentioned that I knew the answer, but I asked it in sarcasm anyway. Apparently sarcasm is a foreign language to you.

I never intended this to be an argument, but rather just me being silly and saying that Black Ops is far better than MW2. In MW2 it is the same boring S&D, Death Match, FFA, blah blah blah. Where as the wager matches and Zombies modes are fun. And yes, I own(ed) both. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

If you consider what we're having as an argument then you're new to the internet.
And why would I need to lie about having or have not played a game? o.O That'd quite simply be retarded. Add me on XBL if you wish, I'm on Neo's friend list, ask him.
And no, sarcasm isn't a foreign language whatsoever, however if you wish to express sarcasm through a pokemon forum, then you'll often find yourself failing. Unless you spam ':P' faces.

And yes Zombies is good, however, dead ops arcade quickly becomes dull, five in my opinion is a bad map, and me and my 'zombies partner' got to 34 on kino, and it's recorded and on youtube if you want to accuse me of lying about unimportant matters again.

And MW2 is better because of the funnier times, there's nothing more amusing than trapping a guy in a corner who just got an AC130 in a care package but you and your riot shield wont let him get it. Figuring out how to hit a crossmap throwing knife on every map, every round, of every game, is another one of those amazing game breaking things you and you clan have a wonderful time enjoying.
Cross-map no scoping someone you had no idea was there, is freaking hilarious.

Black Ops is annoying because of far too many campf*gs and tryhards.

And to return to Pokemon Ron's point, if you honestly believe Black Ops is the game of the decade, quit gaming.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out before anyone trys it, I'm not bad at Black Ops, I just don't enjoy it. I'll admit, sniping someone is much more satisfying, since Treyarch went on a vendetta against sniping.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Wait, who said Black Ops was the game of the decade?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And that comes from someone who actively plays it.

Doodlebop
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I just had to put Brawl in there. I still can't believe it lost "Best Wii Game" to Boom Blox. Urgh. How humiliating. I can't wait for the next installment (I can has Shadow the Hedgehog as playable character please?). Super Smash Bros Mayhem, maybe?

I think it's gonna be War. Or something else. Mayhem sounds kinda similar to Melee, dahn't you think?

But whatever. Epic Mickey has been added to the list. ^^

RocketMeowth
01-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Lucky. Reading Japanese like that, hmph. I still can't figure out their symbols - they all look the same!

...I got off topic. I'm sorry. I'm very jealous of you RM. Very, very jealous. I might just have to trace your internet address, fly to your state, sneak into your house, and steal you game.

All with only five dollars on my part in the dead of winter. CUNNING~

Well, I use a guide to help me through the game and I have a notebook where I write down my Pokemon's names and their attacks so I don't forget what they know. Haha. I can't read Japanese at all.

AND NOOOOOOOO YOU CANT STEALS MY GAME! I WONT LET YOU!

=^^= Nya

Masami
01-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Wait, who said Black Ops was the game of the decade?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And that comes from someone who actively plays it.

Pokemon Ron.
And that was also my reaction x)

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Pokemon Ron.
And that was also my reaction x)

I enjoyed the campaign, and I enjoy the multiplayer for the always-solid COD gameplay and addicting EXP/rewards system, despite being utterly broken (though not as much as MW2, it's still broken).

I just don't see it being game of the decade, or even FPS of the decade, when MW1 came out in the same decade.

Masami
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Please don't refer to the beauty that was COD4 as MW1, it reminds me too much of the MW2.

Master Groudon
01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Game of the year:

Pac-man. lol just kidding.

Its definatly black ops. That got so many good reviews and what not. Even my website gives it a 5 out of 5.

Masami
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Game of the year:

Pac-man. lol just kidding.

Its definatly black ops. That got so many good reviews and what not. Even my website gives it a 5 out of 5.

Every casual gaming website has given every cod 5/5.

Master Groudon
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Every casual gaming website has given every cod 5/5.
well then! There all awesome anyway.....

Ridley
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
GTA IV has gotten countless 5/5's and 10/10's. Do I like it? No.

Kirby Air Ride got numerous 5/10's and 6/10's. Do I like it? Hell yes.

You can't back up a statement with nothing but "official website ratings", it just doesn't work. Give reasons.

Grassy_Aggron
01-07-2011, 02:26 AM
GTA IV has gotten countless 5/5's and 10/10's. Do I like it? No.

Kirby Air Ride got numerous 5/10's and 6/10's. Do I like it? Hell yes.

You can't back up a statement with nothing but "official website ratings", it just doesn't work. Give reasons.

I agree on there. Shadow the Hedgehog got poor ratings, but in my opinion it was one of the best games I've ever played. Multiple endings, decide to be evil or good, a history lesson on your favorite character (with many explosions to boot). The only reason it got bad ratings, really, was because the camera was a bit too unwieldy, the new actors, and the fact a Sonic game had GUNS (as if Eggman shooting at you in every friggin' game doesn't make a difference. Give the character himself a gun, and WHOA NELLY. You crossed the line, apparently).

So, yeah. I hate ratings. I think they're biased >.>

@ Winter - Yeah, but a game like Smash Bros with Nintendo characters (minus the third parties) would not profit very well from having "war" in its name.

@ Rocket - Lol, that must be interesting. "Striped ferret freaky mon! Must get!" lol. Nicknames <3

Charmander009
01-07-2011, 05:16 AM
1-Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep!!! I loved the features, graphics, and story! :D

2-Epic Mickey!! It was cute, great storyline, and I liked the idea behind the paint and the thinner ^^

3-Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs! Just as great as Shadows, again with a good story and great plot twists! And the female hero looks awesome! ;D

4-Pokemon SoulSilver--yeah, that was released a long time ago, it seems xD

(BTW, it's awesome how many times KH: BBS was mentioned in this thread :3)

Shen
01-07-2011, 11:38 AM
These kinds of questions are always kind of tough, especially in a year with plenty of good games. And what a year it was. Pokémon Soul Silver. Red Dead Redemption. Starcraft II. Dragon Quest IX. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. ALL of these games caught my immediate attention, and held it for some time (they still do, in fact). They have the gameplay, storyline, and enjoyable factors that make them candidates for my personal Best Game of the Year. But as only one game can hold the title, I guess I have to choose.

The game I choose is Final Fantasy XIII.

I know for a fact many people would disagree with me, especially fanatics who dislike the game for its linear plot progression, the lack of an overworld map, the lack of any kind of airship, and less sidequests than other notable Final Fantasy games. It makes me sad that these simple, overrated facts distract people from paying attention to what really mattered. The storyline, the graphics, the characters, and the gameplay. And in these four areas, I found them to be flawless in the end.

I have yet to play a game with better graphics than Final Fantasy XIII. The sounds and voices were flawless, and the game was actually the first game in the series to have the lips animated completely to the English dubbed lines in every scene. The visuals were nothing short of stunning, of course, and it was an extremely vibrant and colorful game. I never found any place in the game that could be considered dull (though I despise a certain Tower for the time and difficulty spent there XD). The battle system of FFXIII became my favorite battle system in any game, it was insanely innovative. Greatly fast-paced, and gave the game a bit more of a challenge in the long run.

As for the storyline, it was epic in its own right, bringing something different to the table. The game centered around a total of seven main characters instead of one, two, or three, which added to the depth of the plot. The characters were quite well-thought-out, and none of them were annoying to me (save for a portion of the beginning of the story, and I think any FFXIII player will know exactly which of the characters I am talking about x3). Everything progressed smoothly, none of it felt rushed or poorly executed.

I guess I'll leave my analysis of the game here, don't want to make too many heads explode for having the bravery to read this boring stuff XD

Gem N Ems
01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
You all forgot Dragon Age. GO DIE NOW. Yeah, I got it late. Anyway, it was MY game of the year. And FF XIII. Love it.

Also just got Mass Effect. Would love to play it if my Xbox wouldn't freeze on me every five minutes...

=.=

Master Groudon
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
You all forgot Dragon Age. GO DIE NOW. Yeah, I got it late. Anyway, it was MY game of the year. And FF XIII. Love it.

Also just got Mass Effect. Would love to play it if my Xbox wouldn't freeze on me every five minutes...

=.=
Final fantasy, Good ass game.

mass effect, freaking awesome,

dragon age isnt all that good.....

Gem N Ems
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Final fantasy, Good ass game.

mass effect, freaking awesome,

dragon age isnt all that good.....

YOU DIDN'T LIKE DRAGON AGE? It ties with Oblivion as my favourite. I can't decide between the two anymore. xD

Master Groudon
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
YOU DIDN'T LIKE DRAGON AGE? It ties with Oblivion as my favourite. I can't decide between the two anymore. xD
i never played oblivion before.

Gem N Ems
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
i never played oblivion before.

OH MY GOD. You did not just say that.

Master Groudon
01-07-2011, 02:13 PM
OH MY GOD. You did not just say that.
omg! i did! i only played fallout 3 from that company.

Masami
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
omg! i did! i only played fallout 3 from that company.

Out of curiosity what position do you hold in your 'website'?
A game reviewer who hasn't played oblivion mustn't be very wide ranged, unless it's merely first person shooters that game reviewers play these days.

I'm going to have to disagree with what has been said, I honestly didn't like this year too much for games, New Vages was a let down. As was Black Ops.

I definatley look forward to Gears 3, Crysis 2, Starcraft 2: Heart of the swarm, Dead Space 2, DIABLO 3!!!! and battlefield 3 next year, that will be an insane year.

I can say the only game I would call outstanding this year would be Starcraft II.
Good games like Fable III, and New Vages (except the OUTSTANDING amount of bugs) made it an okay year though.

EDIT: Should point out bad company 2 and god of war 3 were exceptional :'D

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
If you consider what we're having as an argument then you're new to the internet.
And why would I need to lie about having or have not played a game? o.O That'd quite simply be retarded. Add me on XBL if you wish, I'm on Neo's friend list, ask him.
And no, sarcasm isn't a foreign language whatsoever, however if you wish to express sarcasm through a pokemon forum, then you'll often find yourself failing. Unless you spam ':P' faces.

And yes Zombies is good, however, dead ops arcade quickly becomes dull, five in my opinion is a bad map, and me and my 'zombies partner' got to 34 on kino, and it's recorded and on youtube if you want to accuse me of lying about unimportant matters again.

And MW2 is better because of the funnier times, there's nothing more amusing than trapping a guy in a corner who just got an AC130 in a care package but you and your riot shield wont let him get it. Figuring out how to hit a crossmap throwing knife on every map, every round, of every game, is another one of those amazing game breaking things you and you clan have a wonderful time enjoying.
Cross-map no scoping someone you had no idea was there, is freaking hilarious.

Black Ops is annoying because of far too many campf*gs and tryhards.

And to return to Pokemon Ron's point, if you honestly believe Black Ops is the game of the decade, quit gaming.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out before anyone trys it, I'm not bad at Black Ops, I just don't enjoy it. I'll admit, sniping someone is much more satisfying, since Treyarch went on a vendetta against sniping.

You apparently don't know the internet. Because no matter what anyone says against your own opinion, you take great offense to it. As I recall, when I said over a year ago I thought Kamikaze Bombing was stupid in another thread, you flamed me about it.

Anyway, as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. But Black Ops has only just recently obtained its full fan base again (Christmas), so you have to give it time to be able to have some good kills. I have had a lot of good kills and deaths, me and my friends laugh about them all the time. I mean, other than the riot shield, you can do all that other stuff. And I love it when you trap a guy right under a care package drop, and he gets crushed by the package.

And you could be lying about having Call of Duty just because you want to be in everyone's conversation. And as I said before, it was meant as light sarcasm and you took it seriously. :rolleyes:

Lastly, no body ever mentioned you being bad at Call of Duty and I would have never mentioned it. If you want to play MW2, fine with me, but the main populous of FPS gamers have moved on now, MW2 is no longer golden, if it ever was to begin with.

Masami
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
You apparently don't know the internet. Because no matter what anyone says against your own opinion, you take great offense to it. As I recall, when I said over a year ago I though Kamikaze Bombing was stupid in another thread, you flamed me about it.

Anyway, as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. But Black Ops has only just recently obtained its full fan base again (Christmas), so you have to give it time to be able to have some good kills. I have had a lot of good kills and deaths, me and my friends laugh about them all the time.

And you could be lying about having Call of Duty just because you want to be in everyone's conversation. And as I said before, it was meant as light sarcasm and you took it seriously. :rolleyes:

Lastly, no body ever mentioned you being bad at Call of Duty and I would have never mentioned it. If you want to play MW2, fine with me, but the main populous of FPS gamers have moved on now, MW2 is no longer golden, if it ever was to begin with.

I do not take great offence at all, especially since I mentioned candlejacking, but as I said before, you must be enw to the internets.
Im starting to do GB blackops, simply because I ceeb to play with the bad kids in my games, being irritating, so I'll take on tryhards insted.
Be in everyones conversation? :P I can't even.
Also, I don't play MW2 anymore, but i enjoyed it more, I'm shying away from console gaming as a whole, as more and more of my friends also switch to pc gaming.

And finally, I have no idea what the hell this kamikaze bombing this is, so you must be mistaken, I don't come here much anymore.

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I do not take great offence at all, especially since I mentioned candlejacking, but as I said before, you must be enw to the internets.
Im starting to do GB blackops, simply because I ceeb to play with the bad kids in my games, being irritating, so I'll take on tryhards insted.
Be in everyones conversation? :P I can't even.
Also, I don't play MW2 anymore, but i enjoyed it more, I'm shying away from console gaming as a whole, as more and more of my friends also switch to pc gaming.

And finally, I have no idea what the hell this kamikaze bombing this is, so you must be mistaken, I don't come here much anymore.

I have obviously been on the net for a long time, as I was born with a 90's computer attached to my umbilical cord. (Joke) And I do recall several arguments with you a year ago about some of the most general subjects, and nearly everything I said you took as an offense. Like one topic about how England actually invented the Nuclear Bomb (hah!).

Anyway, I do agree with you about P.C gaming. It is easier to get all the games you want, and such. P.C>Xbox360>PS3>DS>Wii>PSP

Kenny_C.002
01-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Starcraft 2. Absolutely the best gaming experience I've had in the past year.

GallantlyGlaceon
01-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Handheld Game: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies [DS]

That game was just, plain and simple, great. It's definately one of my favorite handheld games of all time. Even grinding in that game was fun for me.

Console Game #One(1): Rogue Galaxy [PS2]

This choice was hard to make...But Rogue Galaxy deserves to take a win. An awesome platformer with over one-hundred(100) hours of gameplay, and an amazing story. That game still never fails to fascinate me. And yeah, this game was NOT made in two-thousand, ten(2010). ^^' It was actually around five years ago, but I still replay it to this day because it's so awesome :)

Console Game #Two(2): Epic Mickey [Wii]

Yes, there is a console game two. I really can't decide well for this year. ^^ This game, like Rogue Galaxy, was a freakin' fun platformer. The graphics were beautiful, and the overall gameplay itself was nice, as well as the story.