PDA

View Full Version : Question and Answer Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Lord Fedora
08-11-2011, 05:09 AM
No, you're only allowed to use a Pokemon's sig move in battles it enters after it's approved.

Yes, the move automatically carries over.

Velocity
08-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Is it possible to have a hailstorm inside a building? Because I don't think it should be. I want to make sure before I go and take something away that's already there. :I

Elbub
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Is it possible to have a hailstorm inside a building? Because I don't think it should be. I want to make sure before I go and take something away that's already there. :I

I certainly wouldn't ref it as such. The same with any weather system. Yes, it would be hailing outside, but unless the roof blows off, it shouldn't have any effect inside.

Velocity
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I certainly wouldn't ref it as such. The same with any weather system. Yes, it would be hailing outside, but unless the roof blows off, it shouldn't have any effect inside.

Thanks Elbub! I shall go remove the weather with confidence! xD

But now I have a new question, that comes in two parts:
A) Does anyone remember roleplay battles?
B) What happened to them?

Elbub
08-13-2011, 11:07 AM
But now I have a new question, that comes in two parts:
A) Does anyone remember roleplay battles?
B) What happened to them?

I do indeed remember. And I believe Mitsuzo-kun was the driving force behind them. They were a good idea, and I'm sure I still have the files on them somewhere.

What happened to them is that ASB changed, massively. For the better, I believe, but somethings did get lost. Like Roleplaying Battles. If there is any real interest in getting them back, I'll see what I can do about it.

paperfairy
08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
I think the old ASB has like.... 2 RP battles that actually went anywhere, so I totally ignored them when I redid ASB. If there's enough clamor for them, I'd be happy to help Elbub bring them back, but you're first person to ask so far.

White Knight
08-15-2011, 05:22 PM
this may seem like a dumb question...

are we staying at 4 gym leaders or moving to 8?

paperfairy
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
There only four because only four people applied (or rather, were approved). You are still welcome to apply for a Gym of your own, but you'll need to have an impressive win record to be approved.

Velocity
08-16-2011, 02:03 PM
There only four because only four people applied (or rather, were approved). You are still welcome to apply for a Gym of your own, but you'll need to have an impressive win record to be approved.

Impressive? Were you counting the old ASB, because all I've ever won by is DQ. :/

SLC
08-16-2011, 07:05 PM
With the 30% off, is the number rounded up or down? Like for an extreme evolution, I get the cost at 17.5.

paperfairy
08-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Impressive? Were you counting the old ASB, because all I've ever won by is DQ. :/

1) Yes - Gym ideas were also considered.

With the 30% off, is the number rounded up or down? Like for an extreme evolution, I get the cost at 17.5.

2) ASB always rounds up. Always. Always.

twistedspoon
08-20-2011, 04:14 AM
hurr, i couldn't find the answer in the stickies, and if it's there, my bad.
But, Pokemon can use any move that they're capable of learning right. and do they start off with a certain set of moves when they're first obtained. i.e. A starter Magikarp with Tackle and tail whip
also, do they have a limit fo four moves they can use in battle, or is their no limit?

sorry for the n00b questions. :0

White Knight
08-20-2011, 04:16 AM
hurr, i couldn't find the answer in the stickies, and if it's there, my bad.
But, Pokemon can use any move that they're capable of learning right. and do they start off with a certain set of moves when they're first obtained. i.e. A starter Magikarp with Tackle and tail whip
also, do they have a limit fo four moves they can use in battle, or is their no limit?

sorry for the n00b questions. :0

No limit and any possible move that they can learn is fair game, no matter how old they are.

Foxamivalth
08-20-2011, 04:17 AM
All moves listed in veekun can be used by the pokemon without any limit.

For your Magikarp, it can use all moves listed here:
http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/magikarp

twistedspoon
08-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the answer
and the karp was really just an example Pokemon. c:

paperfairy
08-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Straight from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111378

A Pokémon can use any attack listed on it's Veekun page, or any attack listed on the Veekun page of its pre-evolutions. End of story.

Beartic Tundra
08-26-2011, 02:55 AM
Q.Q Stupid question. Gothita gets what ability in replacement of Frisk?

3m0d0ll
08-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Q.Q Stupid question. Gothita gets what ability in replacement of Frisk?

It would get Shadow Tag.

Saraibre Ryu
08-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Because I don't think announcements are...announcy enough...would I be able to claim a few bucks back for a discount even after I posted things and got them all done up?

Specifically this. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3330686&postcount=147) I know it's only $3 but I only have $4...

paperfairy
08-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Because I don't think announcements are...announcy enough...would I be able to claim a few bucks back for a discount even after I posted things and got them all done up?

Specifically this. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3330686&postcount=147) I know it's only $3 but I only have $4...
Go ahead and edit all related posts, repost in the bank. Don't do it again. >=E

Saraibre Ryu
08-27-2011, 04:03 AM
Go ahead and edit all related posts, repost in the bank. Don't do it again. >=E

I won't but your announcements need more Monster Truck Rally madness oomph D=

3m0d0ll
08-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Like this..? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDSrqIC5n4)

Any tips?

Elbub
08-27-2011, 12:25 PM

As soon as you go onto the ASB forums, there are the announcements above all the threads, including the one relating to this.

If you have a suggestion for something that you and others will pay more attention to, then I suggest this (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111799) thread. I know in the past we used to have an Announcement thread, but I, and clearly others, thought it was obsolete considering we can post actual announcements.

EDIT: 100th post ^^

eishiba
08-27-2011, 02:24 PM
I know I may get flammed for this but since it is possible to have a two on two battle could you have a three on three which does not involve the stupid rotation and any pokemon could hit any pokemon as if it was a two on two? Could you do a six on six? lol That would be mayhem.

White Knight
08-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I know I may get flammed for this but since it is possible to have a two on two battle could you have a three on three which does not involve the stupid rotation and any pokemon could hit any pokemon as if it was a two on two? Could you do a six on six? lol That would be mayhem.

Two words.

Reffing. Insanity.

We're barely catching up with the 1v1s, and you want this? o_o

Elbub
08-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Two words.

Reffing. Insanity.

We're barely catching up with the 1v1s, and you want this? o_o

There's actually already one up. I intend to post the actual reffing later today.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but we have the ability to chose not to do it.

Lord Fedora
08-27-2011, 04:26 PM
The thing about multi-battles is that they tend to take a disproportionate amount of time to ref. That's why refs get paid more for them. You're more than welcome to do them, just remember that they're given seriously low reffing priority.

3m0d0ll
08-27-2011, 09:54 PM

I'd cap it a 3v3 for now...

eishiba
08-28-2011, 04:11 AM
There's actually already one up. I intend to post the actual reffing later today.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but we have the ability to chose not to do it.

Can you link me?

Saraibre Ryu
08-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Can you link me?

If you're looking for that triple battle, it's right here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114179)

Saraibre Ryu
08-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Double post but do ASB owners get the money spent in their shops on top of the $5 per customer thing or no?

3m0d0ll
08-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Double post but do ASB owners get the money spent in their shops on top of the $5 per customer thing or no?
No, they just get $5 per costumer.

eishiba
08-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Ok, I kind of wish I didn't have to post this in the open in case my opponent sees this but if you are suffering from taunt, can you still use commands like dodge, jump, or dive into the water or hide underground or chill? if not, could you use an attack not to hit the opponent but to attempt a way to protect yourself? like use extremespeed to hide behind a rock? the move deals damage but the compendium says nothing about the move having to hit or be used on the opponent.

3m0d0ll
08-30-2011, 05:06 AM
Ok, I kind of wish I didn't have to post this in the open in case my opponent sees this but if you are suffering from taunt, can you still use commands like dodge, jump, or dive into the water or hide underground or chill? if not, could you use an attack not to hit the opponent but to attempt a way to protect yourself? like use extremespeed to hide behind a rock? the move deals damage but the compendium says nothing about the move having to hit or be used on the opponent.
Great question! I'd say that you could use that 'Dodge with Extremespeed' idea without problem. As for 'Dodge', 'Hide', and such it pretty much depends on the Refs ruling. And I believe we've already established that you cannot Chill while under the effects of Taunt.

If you ever have a question that you don't want your opponent (or someone else, for that matter) to see you can always PM/VM/IM myself, or another Official. :)

paperfairy
08-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Great question! I'd say that you could use that 'Dodge with Extremespeed' idea without problem. As for 'Dodge', 'Hide', and such it pretty much depends on the Refs ruling. And I believe we've already established that you cannot Chill while under the effects of Taunt.

If you ever have a question that you don't want your opponent (or someone else, for that matter) to see you can always PM/VM/IM myself, or another Official. :)
What she said. Verbatim. Although if you think about it the whole point of Taunt is that your opponent only focuses on offense. If I were a ref, I'd rule that way.

eishiba
08-30-2011, 06:41 AM
oh i thought maybe i could use offense moves to help me. it never said you had to attack the opponent, just that offensive moves are the only moves that will succeed.

and just thought of a suggestion that perhaps rather than person 1 selecting his pokemon and person 2 choosing the perfect counter, that(somehow) both select what they want without knowing what the other one is. Just seems like person 2 gets such an advantage cause he gets to select what he wants as a counter and person 1 can't change his choice. even in the game the first two pokemon are sent out at the same time.

paperfairy
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
1) That would require one ref for every battle, a system that has already failed us.

2) That's what conditionals are for!

eishiba
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Just because I'm curious, what would happen if two people chose ditto for a battle?
And is there any other way to make money? lol

Dino
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Just because I'm curious, what would happen if two people chose ditto for a battle?
And is there any other way to make money? lol

1. Someone would probably switch out or you could use the move transform till you run out of energy. Kind of like a Metapod vs. Metapod battle. xD Most likely however this will not happen.

2. Currently this (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115731) is the only way to earn money aside from battles, reffing, contests (when they get started), and businesses.
However if you have a suggestion we could use it. :/

twistedspoon
09-01-2011, 11:53 PM
hey, hey.
so, if the person i was battling has passed the dq limit, they're disqualified right?
if so, i need this battle locked or whatever.
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115612

murgle-flag
09-02-2011, 12:08 AM
If the discount off of something is $5.1 do you round up to 6?

Saraibre Ryu
09-02-2011, 12:09 AM
If the discount off of something is $5.1 do you round up to 6?

Yes you do. :3

Dino
09-02-2011, 12:31 AM
hey, hey.
so, if the person i was battling has passed the dq limit, they're disqualified right?
if so, i need this battle locked or whatever.
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115612

No one in that battle has been DQed.
All have been posted within the time limit.

twistedspoon
09-02-2011, 12:44 AM
oh my apologies.
i had thought it had been reffed. sorry 'bout that.

Foxamivalth
09-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Is it possible to use Substitute more than 15% HP?
And, can I have more than one Substitute at a time?

White Knight
09-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Is it possible to use Substitute more than 15% HP?
And, can I have more than one Substitute at a time?

Yes and no, in that order.

Foxamivalth
09-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Is that so? Well, thanks.

murgle-flag
09-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Would smeargle have every move in ASB?

Lord Fedora
09-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Would smeargle have every move in ASB?
Sketch's effect as listed in the Compendium:

User: If target's last action was an attack listed in Compendium, user permaently gains the move as a Tutored Move, effective immediately.

So basically, Smeargle gets ten shots of Sketch. Every time it's used the Sketched move gets registered.

eishiba
09-08-2011, 04:32 PM
If the first opponent uses rain dance and the second uses sandstorm, do both of these weather conditions function together or does sandstorm cause rain dance to end since sand storm was used second?

Lord Fedora
09-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Weather moves cancel out the current weather. So yes, Sandstorm will cancel out the rain.

Saraibre Ryu
09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
When someone uses anything in a shop that lets them buy something for free, does that still count towards the $5 the shop keeper gets for having a customer or do they need to actually spend money for that to apply?

3m0d0ll
09-10-2011, 02:54 AM
When someone uses anything in a shop that lets them buy something for free, does that still count towards the $5?
Yes.

eishiba
09-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Can only certain people apply as a gym leader?

paperfairy
09-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Anybody can apply. Not everybody will be approved.

murgle-flag
09-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Would a Gym battle count towards the 3 battle maximum?

paperfairy
09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Would a Gym battle count towards the 3 battle maximum?
yes.

Saraibre Ryu
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Is there a deadline for the banner job or no?

3m0d0ll
09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Is there a deadline for the banner job or no?
Probably not.

paperfairy
09-12-2011, 02:15 AM
actual answer: yes, but I haven't picked one yet.

eishiba
09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I just wanted to confirm that toxic cannot "stack" if used twice like toxic spikes.

Dino
09-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I just wanted to confirm that toxic cannot "stack" if used twice like toxic spikes.

No.
Toxic can not stack with toxic, the move would fail and you would waste energy.
You can however stack poison and toxic as they are considered different "status".
It's other status you can stack, but Toxic and poison don't. e__e

White Knight
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
No.
Toxic can not stack with toxic, the move would fail and you would waste energy.
You can however stack poison and toxic as they are considered different "status".

You can stack those two? I thought Toxic replaced poison.

Dino
09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
You can stack those two? I thought Toxic replaced poison.

/cough/youwereright/cough/
WHAT? What was that. Oh nothing. Then admire the yellow TEXT!!!

Foxamivalth
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
So, if I want to buy a mon from the UPD, do I have to wait until the seller and dealer set the correct price, then I buy it?
Or can I just bid a price there?

Trainer17
09-13-2011, 03:43 AM
So, if I want to buy a mon from the UPD, do I have to wait until the seller and dealer set the correct price, then I buy it?
Or can I just bid a price there?

Pretty much only place you can bid is either the Auction tent or of course, during Events. But yeah, if you want to buy a Mon from UPD, you can choose from those available in the 2nd post. Basically the dealer raises the price (about a dollar or two) of the mon they buy from the player before selling them to others.

-Tsuna

paperfairy
09-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Pretty much only place you can bid is either the Auction tent or of course, during Events. But yeah, if you want to buy a Mon from UPD, you can choose from those available in the 2nd post. Basically the dealer raises the price (about a dollar or two) of the mon they buy from the player before selling them to others.

-Tsuna
correct.

Foxamivalth
09-13-2011, 07:59 AM
1) How many GYMs ASB will have?
2) Is there a limit of banner one may submit for Odd Job?
3) Can a player make a contest?

Lord Fedora
09-13-2011, 10:57 AM
1) How many GYMs ASB will have?
3) Can a player make a contest?

1. To my knowledge we aren't planning to limit numbers, although the more people we have the harder it will likely be to get one.
3. No.

paperfairy
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM

One per thread.

eishiba
09-14-2011, 04:05 PM
As a ref what are steps to ending a battle? How do you determine how much money everyone gets? I looked in the ref headquarters but it doesn't mention it. Only pay and bonuses that one receives on a weekly basis but not for at the end of a battle.

paperfairy
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Check the How to Battle thread. I'll throw this in the Ref Manual, thanks for the heads up.

eishiba
09-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Check the How to Battle thread. I'll throw this in the Ref Manual, thanks for the heads up.

Ok so I get how much the two combatants recieve from the How to battle page. What about the refs? Is that where the bonuses comes in from the ref page? There was more than two refs in the one I'm ending.

paperfairy
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
EVery ref gets $5 per round they reffed at the end of the battle.

eishiba
09-15-2011, 05:24 AM
More questions!!!!!

1. How will the gym matches work? Is it just who ever wants a battle gets one? Or do you have to earn it like in the game how you battle a few others first? Or earn the chance like in a tournament? Or is that up to the leader?

2. As refs it said we recieve payment once a week. Is that seperate from the ref payment at the end of a battle after each ref who helped is given his share? Or is that tallied up by the mods and that is what the pay is?

Trainer17
09-15-2011, 05:29 AM
More questions!!!!!

1. How will the gym matches work? Is it just who ever wants a battle gets one? Or do you have to earn it like in the game how you battle a few others first? Or earn the chance like in a tournament? Or is that up to the leader?

2. As refs it said we recieve payment once a week. Is that seperate from the ref payment at the end of a battle after each ref who helped is given his share? Or is that tallied up by the mods and that is what the pay is?

1. Every Gym has their own requirements. As long as you've fulfilled them, you're allowed to battle the Gym.

paperfairy
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
The $5 per round at the end of the battle is separate pay.

Foxamivalth
09-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Can a mon change his registered/approved sig move to a new one?

Dino
09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Can a mon change his registered/approved sig move to a new one?

Yes.
Just get it approved and delete the old one.

murgle-flag
09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
For the move snatch does it use the opponents stat boosts on the user and the opponent wouldn't get the stat boost, or would both pokemon get the stat boost?

Dino
09-15-2011, 09:09 PM
For the move snatch does it use the opponents stat boosts on the user and the opponent wouldn't get the stat boost, or would both pokemon get the stat boost?

During the next action, if the target uses a Snatchable move (veekun.com/dex/moves/search?flag_snatch=yes), user steals the move for itself. Priority level 4.

From the compendium definition. The key word being steal. I would say that the snatch-user use the snatched move and get the stat-boost, while the opponent don't use the move at all.
However it is not clearly stated, so you should send paperfairy a message about it.

paperfairy
09-16-2011, 02:46 AM
During the next action, if the target uses a Snatchable move (veekun.com/dex/moves/search?flag_snatch=yes), user steals the move for itself. Priority level 4.

From the compendium definition. The key word being steal. I would say that the snatch-user use the snatched move and get the stat-boost, while the opponent don't use the move at all.
However it is not clearly stated, so you should send paperfairy a message about it.
DIno is correct.

eishiba
09-16-2011, 05:05 AM
I was the one who reffed that lol. I knew it would use the move the opponent was going to use but the compendium didn't state that the opponent wouldn't get to attack. I assumed the opponent would still get to move. I can redo this if you want.

paperfairy
09-16-2011, 10:59 AM
I was the one who reffed that lol. I knew it would use the move the opponent was going to use but the compendium didn't state that the opponent wouldn't get to attack. I assumed the opponent would still get to move. I can redo this if you want.
I'd appreciate if you did, yes. Thanks.

eishiba
09-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Its done.

I was going to ref one round but im thinking its supposed to be judged by the ref but person 1 is using hypnosis and person two told his pokemon to "close his eyes"

Is this where, I, the ref decide how to do this or is there a certain way we do this?

Oh and I posted in the gym leader application thread.

Foxamivalth
09-16-2011, 02:40 PM
1) If a player is about to sell a mon to another player, where to post it? Where to do the trading (money for mon)?
2) If two players are agreed to bet something in a battle (like, the winner get $10, excluding the battle payment), is it permitted?
3) How is the quiz of the event that will be held next week work? Is it like the host giving question, and the person who answer the question first and correct gets a score?
4) Is there going to be another give away for the event next week? It's too useless for people who spend his time in the event but not getting/winning anything.

Trainer17
09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
1) If a player is about to sell a mon to another player, where to post it? Where to do the trading (money for mon)?
2) If two players are agreed to bet something in a battle (like, the winner get $10, excluding the battle payment), is it permitted?
3) How is the quiz of the event that will be held next week work? Is it like the host giving question, and the person who answer the question first and correct gets a score?
4) Is there going to be another give away for the event next week? It's too useless for people who spend his time in the event but not getting/winning anything.

1) No such thing as Player to Player Poke-Selling. Only Player to Player Poke-Trading.
2) No betting in ASB as far as I can remember.
3) Yes. Hosts ask questions, and the fastest accurate reply gets the point, which gets tallied at the end to determine the winner.
4) Technically, those who didn't participate in the previous giveaway are the only ones who can get a freebie in the other giveaway hosted @ upcoming Quiz Event.

Foxamivalth
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
1) No such thing as Player to Player Poke-Selling. Only Player to Player Poke-Trading.
2) No betting in ASB as far as I can remember.
3) Yes. Hosts ask questions, and the fastest accurate reply gets the point, which gets tallied at the end to determine the winner.
4) Technically, those who didn't participate in the previous giveaway are the only ones who can get a freebie in the other giveaway hosted @ upcoming Quiz Event.

3) How about lagging and slow internet connection? D:
4) Yes, I know that. Dino told me. But it's too "wasting time" (I don't know what appropriate word for it :/) for someone to be in the event but win nothing from the quiz, and yet not getting anything (for those who have participated in the last event).

Trainer17
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
3) How about lagging and slow internet connection? D:
4) Yes, I know that. Dino told me. But it's too "wasting time" (I don't know what appropriate word for it :/) for someone to be in the event but win nothing from the quiz, and yet not getting anything (for those who have participated in the last event).

3) Tough luck? I dunno. Unless the Host decides to do something about that. Hah, its entirely up to them how its run. :(
4) Yeah, same sentiments/concern here. But we can't really do anything about it. Once again, its up to the ASB Staff.

paperfairy
09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Its done.

Thanks.

I was going to ref one round but im thinking its supposed to be judged by the ref but person 1 is using hypnosis and person two told his pokemon to "close his eyes"

Is this where, I, the ref decide how to do this or is there a certain way we do this?

Up to you, but thanks for asking.

Oh and I posted in the gym leader application thread.

We know.

No way to do that right now...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111968 only in there.

Tsuna is correct. And there's not much we can do about laggy connections, is there~?

The giveaway is only for those who didn't participate in the last giveaway.The whole point for having two events is in case somebody can't go to one of them. While its great if you can attend both, its not fair to a lot of people who can't, and you got 2 mons as a result. That's also why the events are at radically different times.

see bold. ignore Tsuna. :tongue:

Trainer17
09-16-2011, 03:26 PM
see bold. ignore Tsuna. :tongue:

I'm sooooo wanted here. :3 Bahaha!

-Tsuna

3m0d0ll
09-18-2011, 12:21 AM
I'll go into greater detail on Saturday when the event starts, Fox.

murgle-flag
09-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Who is J_A_M_E_S? It says he's a Mod now but he has 1 post... New Mod?

paperfairy
09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
It's just as his signature says.

murgle-flag
09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh, i didn't read that.

Foxamivalth
09-20-2011, 11:29 PM
1. Can Double Team be used consecutively to create hundreds of clones? :/
2. Is there a limit of clones to be on the field in a time?
3. Can a clone (from Double Team) perform an attack? Like, the clone uses Flamewheel, and the real Mon uses Thunderbolt to the clone to make it a combo attack of an electric fire wheel?

paperfairy
09-21-2011, 02:59 AM
1 + 2) STRAIGHT FROM COMPENDIUM: User: Creates illusionistic copies of self. When user is actioned, roll from 1-X. If 1, user is hit and all clones disappear. Otherwise, clone is hit and disappears. Number of clones = X = User's Speed / 36. Number of clones cannot exceed 4.

3) They're copies - they're incapable of dealing actual damage. As for commanding them, I was under the impression that they worked like mirror images, so they mimic whatever you do.

eishiba
09-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Can one gym leader battle another in a gym battle?

Foxamivalth
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM

I think yes.
A gym leader may challenge another gym as long as the challenger fulfill all the requirements the gym he/she is challenging requires.

paperfairy
09-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes. You can only use Rentals to defend your own Gym though, not to battle another one.

eishiba
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
"Payday" is on sunday right? Isn't it located in the Referee Headquarters?

paperfairy
09-21-2011, 09:47 PM
The last day to submit for a particular week is Saturday - Sunday is the "beginning" of the referee week. Payday is whenever somebody gets the time to do it, which isn't right now.

Temporal Diamond
09-22-2011, 09:53 AM
It appears on the Compendium that the move Bestow seems to have no effect. If I remember correctly, I think it does have an effect regarding held items or something?

paperfairy
09-22-2011, 12:10 PM
It appears on the Compendium that the move Bestow seems to have no effect. If I remember correctly, I think it does have an effect regarding held items or something?
Lots of attacks have different effects in game than in ASB. Bestow is one of them. Substitute is another.:P

murgle-flag
09-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Can you trade or sell a pokemon that is currently in a battle?

3m0d0ll
09-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Can you trade or sell a pokemon that is currently in a battle?
You can, but it's frowned upon. :/

murgle-flag
09-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah I think I'll hold off on trading Swalot.

Temporal Diamond
09-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Can I evolve a Pokemon that's currently in a battle or a Safari adventure?

Foxamivalth
09-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Can I evolve a Pokemon that's currently in a battle or a Safari adventure?

Yes you can. But the Pokemon's form in that battle where he/she/they have been posted are still the same before they evolved.

paperfairy
09-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes you can. But the Pokemon's form in that battle where he/she/they have been posted are still the same before they evolved.
COuldn't have said it better myself.

Saraibre Ryu
09-27-2011, 07:49 AM
For one to add something on to their shop, do they need to repost the ENTIRE thing in the DD or just the things you wish to add...?

Trainer17
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
For one to add something on to their shop, do they need to repost the ENTIRE thing in the DD or just the things you wish to add...?

Just the things you wish to add, Sabi chan. :3

paperfairy
09-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Just the things you wish to add, Sabi chan. :3
Correct.

eishiba
09-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Am I the only one who can't get the calculator to work? I can select the purple and pink squares but can't edit them.

paperfairy
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Read, bro. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115760)

sammy0295
09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
What would you do if you were reffing something and someone had an ability they couldn't have?

Dino
09-29-2011, 09:21 PM
What would you do if you were reffing something and someone had an ability they couldn't have?

Ignore the ability completely then send it to a Mod/Official.

sammy0295
09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Ignore the ability completely then send it to a Mod/Official.

Does that include the ref test? o.O

Dino
09-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Does that include the ref test? o.O

Oh...
No it doesn't.

murgle-flag
09-29-2011, 10:36 PM
This battle (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115752) is past DQ limit and nobody's made the warning post yet. What should I do if this happens in the future?

White Knight
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Notify a ref to make a warning post.

Velocity
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
This battle (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115752) is past DQ limit and nobody's made the warning post yet. What should I do if this happens in the future?

I'll post the warning. Just bring it up to a ref next time it happens!

Foxamivalth
09-29-2011, 11:36 PM
What if I use Baton Pass/Teleport/U-Turn/Volt Switch in the new Safari?
Do I end my safari or I switch pokemon?

White Knight
09-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Do Gym Battles count as battles for Gym Leaders?

IE could I be in 3 battles as a trainer and 1 as a leader?

Dino
09-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Do Gym Battles count as battles for Gym Leaders?

IE could I be in 3 battles as a trainer and 1 as a leader?

If you are the leader. I would say no. Gym battles don't count towards your three.

If you are the challenger. I don't know, I'ma ask the boss man.

Foxamivalth
09-30-2011, 12:02 AM
If you're challenger (like my challenge to Terminal GYM), yes, it's counted in the 3 battles limit. The boss told me this earlier.

Dino
09-30-2011, 12:05 AM
If you're challenger (like my challenge to Terminal GYM), yes, it's counted in the 3 battles limit. The boss told me this earlier.

Okay~
Thanks for the help Fox. ^^

There is your answer WK

paperfairy
10-01-2011, 01:13 PM
What if I use Baton Pass/Teleport/U-Turn/Volt Switch in the new Safari?
Do I end my safari or I switch pokemon?

Baton Pass, Volt Switch and U-Turn switches.
Teleport ends.

Velocity
10-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Baton Pass, Volt Switch and U-Turn switches.
Teleport ends.

How do you switch Pokemon in a Safari? Is that, like, possible?

murgle-flag
10-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Would it count towards your KO's for Vitamins if you went into the safari zone and just killed everything?

paperfairy
10-01-2011, 01:36 PM
How do you switch Pokemon in a Safari? Is that, like, possible?

You can only bring one in, but U-Turn and such seem to break the rules a bit, so I let them in.

In one of the older Safari's, a Siglyph used Whirlwind on Fox, and I had Dino just choose a Pokémon from RNG in Fox's party.

Would it count towards your KO's for Vitamins if you went into the safari zone and just killed everything?

Yep. That was the whole point, actually.

murgle-flag
10-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Alright then SWAGG. I need to go to the Safari Zone...

When there's an open "Jeep".

Dino
10-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Alright then SWAGG. I need to go to the Safari Zone...

When there's an open "Jeep".

You can fill out the form and reserve your place in line. :)
Then when a jeep opens up your automatically put on it.

Foxamivalth
10-02-2011, 05:25 AM
How to count 151 mons as in one of the Achievements said complete 151/151 mons.
Must they all Johto's?
And for example, I owned Bulbasaur but he's Venusaur now. Does it count as 3 or 1?

paperfairy
10-02-2011, 02:14 PM
It does not say complete 151 mons. It says complete a Regional Dex (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regional_Pok%C3%A9dex).

sammy0295
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
For the sake of organization, is it okay if I put my stats on a Proboards forum and put a link to it in my stat thread here?

White Knight
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
For the sake of organization, is it okay if I put my stats on a Proboards forum and put a link to it in my stat thread here?

I would think so, other members do that. cough LORD FEDORA cough.

Lord Fedora
10-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Of course it is. *pokes own sig*

Foxamivalth
10-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I just realized one of my Pokemon doesn't have the ability she can have. I messed up her ability with another Pokemon when I registered her. So, what do I do? Go to Dream World Center and change his ability?

Dino
10-03-2011, 12:48 AM
I just realized one of my Pokemon doesn't have the ability she can have. I messed up her ability with another Pokemon when I registered her. So, what do I do? Go to Dream World Center and change his ability?

Post in registration saying you made a mistake and your correcting it now.

sammy0295
10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll ask here. are appeals supposed to be PMed to judges, or posted in the thread?

Foxamivalth
10-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Ribbon: Primary Ribbon (sprite not found)
Theme: None
Restrictions: None
Competitor Limit: None.
Minimum Score: To compete in the Battle Round you must score at least a 20 point average out of 30.
Judges: Lord Fedora, ID Saraibre Ryu and Velocity. PM your appeals to us.
Time Limit: 3 days. Appeals will close at 6:00 PM EST on October 5th, 2011.

PM your appeals to us.

murgle-flag
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Would you need to have the move round used by an ally earlier in the round for its power to be doubled or could it be used by you earlier in the round and still be doubled?

paperfairy
10-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Hmm. I would say Round has to be used by an ally, not by the same Pokémon. I'll let the battle in question slide, since the ruling wasn't as such, but I think I'll change it henceforth. There's another Round mechanic that I didn't know about until today, so it needs updating anyways.

sammy0295
10-07-2011, 06:04 PM
In the achievements, when it says exp level 2, 3, 4, or 8, does it mean any 8? o.O

Lord Fedora
10-07-2011, 06:09 PM
In the achievements, when it says exp level 2, 3, 4, or 8, does it mean any 8? o.O

If you mean any legal Pokemon with Exp 8, yes. If you mean Legendaries, come here so I can slap you with this fish.

sammy0295
10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I thought that would be the answer. Please don't slap me, I didn't think it would be. and I hate fish...

Foxamivalth
10-08-2011, 11:18 AM
In the How to Battle thread, there are payment for winner and loser as well as using shiny.

But I can't find payment for a drawn/tied battle. :/
Also if a shiny is used in the tied battle, how much does it pay out?

paperfairy
10-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Fedora already fixed it when you spoke with him.

Each battler will receive $5 for every Pokémon on the opposing team that is knocked out.
When you win a battle, you will receive $10. If you used any Shiny Pokémon during battle, you receive an extra $4.
In a double, triple,or rotation battle, if you manage to win when you when the opposing team had more Pokémon than you, you receive an extra $10.
When you lose a battle, you will receive $5. If you used any Shiny Pokémon during battle, you receive an extra $2.
When are disqualified, you receive nothing.
If the battle is a draw, you each receive $7. If you used any Shiny Pokémon during battle, you receive an extra $3.

Saraibre Ryu
10-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Do battles that result in your opponent forfieting have the ability to count towards the Coming Out Clean achievement?

Lord Fedora
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
As a rule I'd say you don't get to count forfeits in the same way you don't get to count DQs.

paperfairy
10-09-2011, 03:23 PM
I concur. Verily.

Serebiish
10-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Just outta curiosity,if a ref/ranger resets his/her account,to become a ref/ranger again do him/her have to take the Ref Test(and/or Ranger Test) again?

3m0d0ll
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Just outta curiosity,if a ref/ranger resets his/her account,to become a ref/ranger again do him/her have to take the Ref Test(and/or Ranger Test) again?
wat?

What?

Serebiish
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
If a person,that was a ref, or a ranger, reseted his/her account, to become a ref again,would he/her need tot ake the test again?

And one more question,what's the difference between Mods and Officials,other than the tags?Please don't hurt me if it's something very obvious that I don't know

3m0d0ll
10-09-2011, 10:16 PM
If a person,that was a ref, or a ranger, reseted his/her account, to become a ref again,would he/her need tot ake the test again?

And one more question,what's the difference between Mods and Officials,other than the tags?Please don't hurt me if it's something very obvious that I don't know
1- Well, if they reset it to become a Ref/Ranger again, then I'd assume they wanted to retake the exam... If they did it just for lulz, then I'd still say they should take the test again, but it'd be optional. :I Dunno, never really thought about why someone would reset their account...

2- Nothing major. Mods have more powers (we can give Infractions, etc) then Officials and have more say when things come down to majority vote. When an Official has an idea, they have to make sure a Mod approves it, but Mods can do whatever they want. [;

There isn't really THAT much of a difference; if you hear me say, "Talk to an Official--" I mean someone with legitimate say in the ASB, not just the brown people. n___n'

Serebiish
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Well,about someone resetting the account,it could be because it don't like it's WLD record,or just think that things have gotten boring by advancing too much.

Elbub
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Well,about someone resetting the account,it could be because it don't like it's WLD record,or just think that things have gotten boring by advancing too much.

I would assume you'd have to retake the test. I would certainly expect you too. Resetting your ASB account would surely be resetting everything.

paperfairy
10-10-2011, 02:06 AM
1) I wouldn't expect you to retake the test if you were simply resetting your stats. I would say that this one is up to debate... but we'll see.

2) Straight from the Handbook (why the hell did i even write it?):

What's the difference between ASB Official and ASB Moderator?
ASB Officials work to keep ASB running. They run any and all official ASB threads. They are also Referees and Rangers.
ASB Moderators work to improve ASB by making major changes. Moderators schedule events, add new features, and can administer punishments when required to. They are also Referees and Rangers.

Saraibre Ryu
10-10-2011, 07:25 AM
If one wanted to change a Sig Move from one Pokemon to the other, would they need to register them in the Signature Moves thread as well or just post it in the Registration thread?

3m0d0ll
10-10-2011, 09:04 AM
If one wanted to change a Sig Move from one Pokemon to the other, would they need to register them in the Signature Moves thread as well or just post it in the Registration thread?
I think this is what you're talking about..?

If Pichu learned a Sig. move called EleBall, then his owner created a new Sig. move called Thunder Cloud and it was Approved, then if the owner wanted Pichu to have EleBall be the Sig. move again, he'd have to re-post it in the Signature moves thread and wait for re-Approval. :/

Saraibre Ryu
10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I think this is what you're talking about..?

If Pichu learned a Sig. move called EleBall, then his owner created a new Sig. move called Thunder Cloud and it was Approved, then if the owner wanted Pichu to have EleBall be the Sig. move again, he'd have to re-post it in the Signature moves thread and wait for re-Approval. :/

I mean moving the Sig Move from the Pokemon that had it to an identical Pokemon that doesn't have a signature move.

Like moving a Sig move from a Charmeleon onto a slightly different Charmeleon.

3m0d0ll
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd say re-post it as if you were applying for an entirely new Sig. move. :I

paperfairy
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I'd say re-post it as if you were applying for an entirely new Sig. move. :I
Agreed.

Saraibre Ryu
10-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Can one double up on certain Achievements that involve gaining a certain number of something or are they all one time things?

paperfairy
10-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Can one double up on certain Achievements that involve gaining a certain number of something or are they all one time things?
One time deals.

MoonKit
10-12-2011, 12:12 AM
(noob question...kill me)

Would the moves Fly, Dive, Dig, etc. work like they would in the games (two turns), or just one-action things?

paperfairy
10-12-2011, 01:32 AM
(noob question...kill me)

Would the moves Fly, Dive, Dig, etc. work like they would in the games (two turns), or just one-action things?
i don't think I'm going to answer it.
nope. not going to.

Foxamivalth
10-12-2011, 01:45 AM
How many times Swords Dance or any other stats boosting moves can be used?
For example, a mon with 5 ATK, can it boost his ATK 100% (+5 ATK)? Or even more?

Dino
10-12-2011, 02:01 AM
How many times Swords Dance or any other stats boosting moves can be used?
For example, a mon with 5 ATK, can it boost his ATK 100% (+5 ATK)? Or even more?

Any pokemon's stat can not be doubled and can not go to 0.

So for a mon with 5 ATK.
10 Max - 1 Min

However the calculator does not let you go outside that range anyway. Blocks it...

Trainer17
10-12-2011, 04:09 AM
I'd like to know the Staff's opinion on this. Safari Zone Egg hatching. Why randomize it? Instead, why not let the Trainer pick the Gender, Ability, Nickname of the newly hatched Pokemon? I mean, it's totally believable that the encounters would come randomized, because they're wild and all. :p

Justin also suggested we can let them pick a DW ability even, if possible. We then came to an idea of introducing a new Safari Zone item in that case, since DW abilities are epic and shouldn't be given totally free or something.

paperfairy
10-12-2011, 04:15 AM
I'd like to know the Staff's opinion on this. Safari Zone Egg hatching. Why randomize it? Instead, why not let the Trainer pick the Gender, Ability, Nickname of the newly hatched Pokemon? I mean, it's totally believable that the encounters would come randomized, because they're wild and all. :p

Justin also suggested we can let them pick a DW ability even, if possible. We then came to an idea of introducing a new Safari Zone item in that case, since DW abilities are epic and shouldn't be given totally free or something.

1) I concur on the Egg.
2) I wouldn't be against a DW Incubator. It should cost more, and the resulting Egg is FORCED to have the Hidden Ability....

MoonKit
10-12-2011, 02:16 PM
i don't think I'm going to answer it.
nope. not going to.

...It doesn't even say in the compidendiupam (I don't know how to spell it right).

Dino
10-12-2011, 08:13 PM
...It doesn't even say in the compidendiupam (I don't know how to spell it right).

Only one action dude. :)

3m0d0ll
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Because in both the anime and games it's random. :/ The gender and Ability are out of your control (unless you save the game, hatch it, then turn your game off and repeat until you get a combination that you like), and in the anime, people never know what Pokemon is in the egg until it hatches.

'Randomizing' it is just the most correct and logical thing to do. :P

Serebiish
10-13-2011, 12:16 AM
In creative actions, like "Close your eyes to avoid Hypnosis" how much Energy the Pokemon spends?

3m0d0ll
10-13-2011, 12:59 AM
In creative actions, like "Close your eyes to avoid Hypnosis" how much Energy the Pokemon spends?
Up to the Reff. :P I'd say 1%, maybe 2% if it's a low EXP 'Mon.

eishiba
10-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Because in both the anime and games it's random. :/ The gender and Ability are out of your control (unless you save the game, hatch it, then turn your game off and repeat until you get a combination that you like), and in the anime, people never know what Pokemon is in the egg until it hatches.

'Randomizing' it is just the most correct and logical thing to do. :P

But aren't there abilities that increase the chances of finding certain types of pokemon with certain abilities or natures or items or something along those lines. Could something like that be utilized here?

Lord Fedora
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
But aren't there abilities that increase the chances of finding certain types of pokemon with certain abilities or natures or items or something along those lines. Could something like that be utilized here?
Theoretically, but we don't want the system to get too complicated.

Temporal Diamond
10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I've a question relating to the Cover action in battles. Can Protect/Detect be used to Cover an ally? If so, will the BP difference matter since Protect/Detect has none? Similarly can defensive moves ie Defense Curl, Iron Defense, Cotton Guard etc be used as a Cover too?

paperfairy
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I've a question relating to the Cover action in battles. Can Protect/Detect be used to Cover an ally? If so, will the BP difference matter since Protect/Detect has none? Similarly can defensive moves ie Defense Curl, Iron Defense, Cotton Guard etc be used as a Cover too?
Nope.

MoonKit
10-13-2011, 01:31 PM

I know I'm not a mod etc but I'll try to answer this.

I think detect/protect could, but the others would depend on how the reff did it. But of cource, I may be wrong.

Lord Fedora
10-13-2011, 02:32 PM

"Cover" specifically deals with using an attacking move to block another attacking move. Paperfairy is right in saying you couldn't use a defensive move to Cover, BUT, that's not to say you couldn't use them creatively for that same purpose.

eishiba
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
does drain punch absorb energy also? is the amount of energy absorbed equal to the amount of hp absorbed?

Saraibre Ryu
10-13-2011, 05:01 PM
does drain punch absorb energy also? is the amount of energy absorbed equal to the amount of hp absorbed?

I hope this round (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3353119&postcount=14) answers your question. ^^

eishiba
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I hope this round (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3353119&postcount=14) answers your question. ^^

AHHH! thank you!

murgle-flag
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Would you be able to use Swagger in combination with Snatch to take the +2 ATK but still confuse them?

Saraibre Ryu
10-13-2011, 09:54 PM
How does a Gym Leader go about attaining the League Champion achievement? Do they need to challenge their own gym or are they exempt from it or what?

Dino
10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Would you be able to use Swagger in combination with Snatch to take the +2 ATK but still confuse them?

Yes.
Swagger + Snatch
It does depend on the ref as well, whether he lets you do that.

How does a Gym Leader go about attaining the League Champion achievement? Do they need to challenge their own gym or are they exempt from it or what?

Exempt from their gym.
I don't know completely, but that is quite obviously the most logical reasoning.

paperfairy
10-14-2011, 02:56 AM

Keep in mind, even WE don't know how to become League Champion yet. And I wrote the damned system.

eishiba
10-14-2011, 05:33 AM
If someone decided they wanted a Gothita, do they automatically get the dreamworld ability shadow tag since the only other ability gothita has is frisk? Or could they choose a completely different ability within reason, to make up for frisk?

Saraibre Ryu
10-14-2011, 05:35 AM
If someone decided they wanted a Gothita, do they automatically get the dreamworld ability shadow tag since the only other ability gothita has is frisk? Or could they choose a completely different ability within reason, to make up for frisk?

They automatically get Shadow Tag. It should say on the first post of the Registration thread.

eishiba
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I think we need a type chart again. I don't know how every move is affected by all duel type pokemon XD

Serebiish
10-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Can Sketch sketch Chatter on ASB?
As it only didn't do it on the games to overwriting pokedex cry data.

Elbub
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM

I... don't see why not. We don't have the issue of overwriting cry data.

Serebiish
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I know,I just wanted to make sure.

Saraibre Ryu
10-14-2011, 05:07 PM

Well...Chatter be a banned move on the ASB so no...

DISREGARD

eishiba
10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Moves like switcheroo are listed to fail and have no effect on the compendium but chatter is listed as having 60bp with a chance to confuse if its being used by a chatot. Are we sure its banned?

Saraibre Ryu
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
They must of updated that since the last time I checked...DISREGARD MY LAST POST.

paperfairy
10-14-2011, 05:55 PM
I think we need a type chart again. I don't know how every move is affected by all duel type pokemon XD

1) that's nice. just go through the calc manually. :oops:
2) yes.

Serebiish
10-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Just a question,that the answer will probably be yes;
Are you planning an event for Halloween?

paperfairy
10-14-2011, 07:17 PM
yes.

Serebiish
10-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Hidden Power type can only be discovered via that business on Downtown?

paperfairy
10-15-2011, 02:47 AM
yep.

Serebiish
10-17-2011, 03:37 PM
If a Smeargle sketches Hidden Power,will it have the type of the mons that was sketched,or teh trainer must go Downtown

And that's the last of Hidden Power questions.

Also,why did the Achievement thread close?If we fulfill an achievement in teh time being,what do we do?

paperfairy
10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
1) Nope, gotta do Downtown.
2) We're retooling it. People are abusing it. Just keep track in the mean time.

eishiba
10-19-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3358280&postcount=31

it says i did 28 actions? i reffed 7 rounds which is 14 actions.

Lord Fedora
10-19-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3358280&postcount=31

it says i did 28 actions? i reffed 7 rounds which is 14 actions.
It counts all actions by both sides. So in a single battle round where both Pokemon perform their two actions, the round counts for four.

murgle-flag
10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
What is all this system abuse stuff? I hope I haven't done it...

paperfairy
10-20-2011, 12:20 AM
It counts all actions by both sides. So in a single battle round where both Pokemon perform their two actions, the round counts for four.

However, not every round has 4 actions - sometimes, Pokémon faint or something, which means less actions.

What is all this system abuse stuff? I hope I haven't done it...

Announcement pending.

eishiba
10-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Foxamivalth is no more? No fair lol. I just spent the last week getting a team of pokemon ready to go against his gym>.< I think there should be a "trick or treat" event for halloween.

Saraibre Ryu
10-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Foxamivalth is no more? No fair lol. I just spent the last week getting a team of pokemon ready to go against his gym>.< I think there should be a "trick or treat" event for halloween.

I'm awaiting approval for a Halloween event for the Dream Hotel at the moment. I do believe I need just one more to make it happen.

3m0d0ll
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm awaiting approval for a Halloween event for the Dream Hotel at the moment. I do believe I need just one more to make it happen.
I like it, so if it's one more Approval you need, then you can have it from me.

We did have something like than planned, eishiba, but it was very complicated for us and we didn't talk about it as much as we needed to. Maybe next year... ;)

Serebiish
10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Since Fox's gym was closed,will Gym Applications open again?
Probably not because eishiba is next in line,but still...

paperfairy
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
We're discusisng it.

Serebiish
10-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Do the Safari Zone's Pokemon (while on SZ) ignore type immunities?
Cuz I saw a Happiny successfully use Pound at a Chandelure,and I'm curious...

Saraibre Ryu
10-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Do the Safari Zone's Pokemon (while on SZ) ignore type immunities?
Cuz I saw a Happiny successfully use Pound at a Chandelure,and I'm curious...

You can hit Ghost type Pokemon with Normal and fighting type attacks in the ASB unless the ghost type uses this move:

Phase Shift
BP: 0
Energy Mod: 6
Priority: 0
Category: Status
Type: Ghost
Target: User

Changes a this Pokémon's state to ethereal. When ethereal, this Pokémon cannot be hit with physical actions, nor can they use physical actions in this form. Any attempts to damage an ethereal Pokémon with a physical action will simply pass through them, with an energy reduction - the same applies for an ethereal Pokémon using a physical action. For every action this Pokémon is ethereal (regardless of whose action), they lose 1 Energy. If this Pokémon is targeted by Foresight and/or Odor Sleuth, this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. If this Pokémon uses Phase Shift after it has been used, then this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. Banette, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Drifblim, Drifloon, Dusclops,Dusknoir, Duskull,Frillish, Froslass, Gastly, Gengar, Giratina, Golett, Golurk, Haunter, Jellicent, Lampent, Litwick, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Rotom, Sableye, Shedinja, Shuppet, Spiritomb, and Yamask can all use Phase Shift. When used by a Pokémon that is not one of the above, the action fails with an energy reduction.

Pokemon with the ability Scrappy can by pass the effects of this move.

sammy0295
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
For Belly Drum in the compendium, it says ATK +3. I assume this isn't a typo. But if it is just 3, might I at least recommend cutting down the HP loss, because Swords Dance does +2 with no HP loss, making Belly Drum all but obsolete. And I'm rather fond of Belly Drum :)

paperfairy
10-21-2011, 09:46 PM
For Belly Drum in the compendium, it says ATK +3. I assume this isn't a typo. But if it is just 3, might I at least recommend cutting down the HP loss, because Swords Dance does +2 with no HP loss, making Belly Drum all but obsolete. And I'm rather fond of Belly Drum :)
I'll look into it.

Serebiish
10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
The Compendium says Return and Frustration's BPs are 102, I think it's a little strange though,as majority of BPs ends in 0 or 5.
Just want to make sure ...

Digital
10-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Because there is no such thing as Happiness, in Return, we say that happiness is maximum.

So using this; Base Power = Happiness / 2.5

Base Power = 255 / 2.5 (255 is the maximum for Happiness)
Base Power = 102

This is also the same for Frustration, however you take Happiness as 0.

Hope that answered your question.

murgle-flag
10-25-2011, 12:12 AM
So, the ASB strategy article on Togekiss... that was an amalgam of all of the people who entered's articles. Was that a clever way to not pay any of us, or do we all get paid the extra money for having part of ours featured.

paperfairy
10-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Simmi was supposed to tell me how much of each article he used.... go yell at him, (or I will) and then you'll all get paid.

Saraibre Ryu
10-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Considering I'm seeing almost all of my article used in the final article, seems like we've got some bugging to do.

TO THE PESTERMOBILE~

eishiba
10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I was comparing stats using the Compendium trying to find a decent grass type(which I still can't make up my mind.) I was comparing Venusaur to Meganium and the stats don't match. In the veekun, almost every stat is the same, except for their defense and sp attack. Venusaur's defense and sp attack is in order: 83 and 100. Meganium is the exact opposite of 100 and 83. Now in the Compendium if using the order atk def sp atk sp def, their numbers are as follows.
Venusaur 6 7 7 7
Meganium 6 7 6 7

Now unless there was a different range of numbers used in each stat, I'd say Venusaur's defense stat should be a 6 because Meganium sp attack is a 6 since both stats are at 83.

paperfairy
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I was comparing stats using the Compendium trying to find a decent grass type(which I still can't make up my mind.) I was comparing Venusaur to Meganium and the stats don't match. In the veekun, almost every stat is the same, except for their defense and sp attack. Venusaur's defense and sp attack is in order: 83 and 100. Meganium is the exact opposite of 100 and 83. Now in the Compendium if using the order atk def sp atk sp def, their numbers are as follows.
Venusaur 6 7 7 7
Meganium 6 7 6 7

Now unless there was a different range of numbers used in each stat, I'd say Venusaur's defense stat should be a 6 because Meganium sp attack is a 6 since both stats are at 83.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3264697/calc/formula.txt

work out the numbers, tell me if you get something different than me.

eishiba
10-28-2011, 05:21 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3264697/calc/formula.txt

work out the numbers, tell me if you get something different than me.

Alright i see how that turns out. Sorry didn't know!!! Just means I'm picking Venusaur. :)

sammy0295
10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
In the Registration Headquaters it says all pokemon not listed can change their forms at will. Does that include in the middle of a battle?

Velocity
10-30-2011, 01:05 PM
In the Registration Headquaters it says all pokemon not listed can change their forms at will. Does that include in the middle of a battle?

You may wish to await further confirmation, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

3m0d0ll
10-31-2011, 11:17 PM
You may wish to await further confirmation, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
This, just like how Pokemon can't evolve mid-battle/adventure.

Temporal Diamond
11-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Instead of Covering an ally, can a Pokemon cover itself? Or is there a different term for it?

Also, when is the Halloween Yard Sale opening? It's been over a day already. :/

Lord Fedora
11-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Instead of Covering an ally, can a Pokemon cover itself? Or is there a different term for it?

Theoretically yes, although pretty much anyone is free to contradict me on this.

As for the Yard Sale, we dun goofed (Velocity dun goofed). It's open now, enjoy.

Saraibre Ryu
11-02-2011, 05:54 AM

Considering I wrote those entire rule sets and I don't think the fairy changed that bit...

Yes they can.

Temporal Diamond
11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Okays, thanks.

And another one. The energy consumption for a combination would be the total energy used for both moves, am I right or left?

3DThinker
11-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Can Phase Shift be baton passed?

eishiba
11-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know if we are doing anything for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Saraibre Ryu
11-03-2011, 05:55 AM

Considering Thanks givign is two sperate dates for a certain pair of countries, I doubt it.

I'd do something in the Dream Hotel again and throw it at the Dragons if people thought the Halloween Event I was holding was alright.

Lord Fedora
11-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Okays, thanks.

And another one. The energy consumption for a combination would be the total energy used for both moves, am I right or left?

It depends on the ref and how they want to handle it.

No.

Thanksgiving is pretty much solely an American and Canadian holiday, celebrated on different days for each, and therefore no. We don't have anything planned for Christmas as it stands, but we'll most likely be holding an event for it.

Velocity
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
The HP-effect of Curse goes away when you leave battle, yes?

Digital
11-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Yes.

If the victim of a Ghost-type Curse uses Baton Pass, the health-sapping effect is transferred to its replacement. If a Pokémon that has been afflicted by curse is switched out of battle, the effect is lifted.

paperfairy
11-06-2011, 01:12 AM
The HP-effect of Curse goes away when you leave battle, yes?

Safari Zone? I would say no, because you don't get healed between battles. But you could argue yes, since that's how it works in game. Your call.

To another Ghost-type, perhaps....

eishiba
11-08-2011, 12:08 AM
I really think I asked this question before but Ill ask again. How come we don't do tournaments even though we have a tournaments page?

paperfairy
11-08-2011, 01:35 AM
I really think I asked this question before but Ill ask again. How come we don't do tournaments even though we have a tournaments page?
Not active enough yet, methinks.

Temporal Diamond
11-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Just to make sure before I jump to conclusions, a Pokemon cannot be in more than one battle at once, right?

Velocity
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Just to make sure before I jump to conclusions, a Pokemon cannot be in more than one battle at once, right?

Of course. c;

Symbiosis
11-10-2011, 02:53 PM
If an evolution is instant,can I evolve a pokemon in a battle,but only treat it as evolved after it?

Velocity
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
If an evolution is instant,can I evolve a pokemon in a battle,but only treat it as evolved after it?

Whenever your Pokemon evolves, but it's still in a battle, you can register it as evolved, use its evolved form in new battles, etc. However, if that Pokemon is in a battle while it is evolved, it remains unevolved in that battle until the battle ends.

Saraibre Ryu
11-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Of course. c;

Then how can new players who just start out have more than one battle, outside one on ones, when they're only got three Pokemon to begin with?

I would of thought such a thing didn't matter since the realism of the same Pokemon being in more than one battle at the same time would follow the same line that one person is in more than one battle at the same time. O_O

And I'm pretty sure I've had the same Pokemon being used at the same time in different battles so... O_O

Lord Fedora
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
You can use the same Pokemon in different battles. I don't know where Vels got the idea that you can't.

Velocity
11-10-2011, 10:18 PM
You can use the same Pokemon in different battles. I don't know where Vels got the idea that you can't.

What? I thought I was saying you could... -headdesk-