PDA

View Full Version : Question and Answer Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Temporal Diamond
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Lol at above. xD

Ok also, if it's just a 1v1 battle, it means that both Trainers can't switch out to a different Pokemon, can they? If they can, wouldn't it be more one 1 Pokemon used and should not be 1v1? Just saw such a scenario of switching Pokemon in a 1v1 battle. ;__;

Saraibre Ryu
11-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Lol at above. xD

Ok also, if it's just a 1v1 battle, it means that both Trainers can't switch out to a different Pokemon, can they? If they can, wouldn't it be more one 1 Pokemon used and should not be 1v1? Just saw such a scenario of switching Pokemon in a 1v1 battle. ;__;

Well if it's 1 on 1, that may mean a singles battle.

Unless it has an amount of Pokemon specified, then I would assume it's only on Pokemon per Trainer. You would have to make sure with said battlers and the information posted in the Vs Seeker thread I would think.

*waits for other real official to prove me otherwise*

Lord Fedora
11-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Lol at above. xD

A 1v1 battle means that only one Pokemon is allowed on each person's team. So no, no switching is allowed there. What you might be thinking of is Singles, which is a different part of the ruleset and determines how many are allowed on the field at a time.

Temporal Diamond
11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
When and where will the next Referee Pay be posted? o_o

Dino
11-15-2011, 01:45 PM
When and where will the next Referee Pay be posted? o_o

Referee pay is always posted here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111379).

As for when, it seems like most of the staff is busy so it depends on when someone has a free moment. We are sorry for the lagging in pay, we are trying to discuss something that could be easier.

5TailedDemonLizard
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Do type advantaged apply in the ASBL? For example, if Gengar was hit with a normal type move, it wouldn't be affected?

Dino
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Do type advantaged apply in the ASBL? For example, if Gengar was hit with a normal type move, it wouldn't be affected?

Yes you are correct.
Type advantages and disadvantages apply.

Lord Fedora
11-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes you are correct.
Type advantages and disadvantages apply.
EXCEPT for Ghost types with Normal and Fighting attacks. They do take damage, and in exchange were given a new attack that makes them immune to physical moves altogether (Phase Shift)

eishiba
11-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Im sure it doesn't really matter but Ill say it anyways. Darmanitan Z in the compendium doesn't have a picture lol.

3m0d0ll
11-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Im sure it doesn't really matter but Ill say it anyways. Darmanitan Z in the compendium doesn't have a picture lol.
Oh my God. No person has ever made me actually face-palm before.

For that you get $3. Seriously.

paperfairy
11-21-2011, 05:14 AM
The only forme Pokemon with working pictures are the Wormadam line. This will likely never be fixed, or at least, certainly not anytime in the future.

eishiba
11-21-2011, 05:21 AM
Oh my God. No person has ever made me actually face-palm before.

For that you get $3. Seriously.

Free money!

eishiba
11-21-2011, 05:39 AM
The only forme Pokemon with working pictures are the Wormadam line. This will likely never be fixed, or at least, certainly not anytime in the future.

The wormadoms aren't working either lol. Nor the deoxys. Except for the main one of each.

eishiba
11-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Two things.

1. How come sometimes when you roll a critical in the compendium, it doesn't add up. I rolled a critical and the critical hit damage is 1 less than being 2X damage. For the attack, standard damage is 9 and critical is 17? Last time I checked, 9+9=18. Or can I not count? Do you go by what the compendium says? Or am I missing something that the compendium is doing?

2. You can only stat boost yourself to +6 right? Then why does the stats in the compendium go up to 15?

KantoBreeder
11-23-2011, 06:02 PM
1. I assume that that's because the result is rounded up after factoring in critical hits. So if the result damage is 8.5, then normal damage would round this up to make 9. However, if there was a critical hit then it would be doubled to 17.

2. A pokemon's stats can be raised to double their original amount. For example, a Blissey can raise its Special Defence to +15 but Magby can only raise it to +4.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Lord Fedora
11-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Two things.

1. How come sometimes when you roll a critical in the compendium, it doesn't add up. I rolled a critical and the critical hit damage is 1 less than being 2X damage. For the attack, standard damage is 9 and critical is 17? Last time I checked, 9+9=18. Or can I not count? Do you go by what the compendium says? Or am I missing something that the compendium is doing?

The critical modifier is counted in the formula itself. In your example that 9 is actually an 8.5 rounded up.

5TailedDemonLizard
12-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Feeling a bit like an idiot, but I thought I might as well ask this.

When Ditto uses transform on an opposing pokemon, will he be treated like that pokemon and be able to use all the moves that the opposing pokemon can use?

Just wanted to clarify.

Dino
12-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Feeling a bit like an idiot, but I thought I might as well ask this.

When Ditto uses transform on an opposing pokemon, will he be treated like that pokemon and be able to use all the moves that the opposing pokemon can use?

Just wanted to clarify.

If x=ditto and y=opposing pokemon.

x vs. y
x uses Transform
Now x=y

So you become the opposing pokemon and have its stats, moves, type, and ect.
Pretend you are now the opposing pokemon.

Velocity
01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
This is a straight-up retarded question, but if a Pokemon exits a battle with -1 Accuracy and comes back into it, does it still have -1 Accuracy?

Dino
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
This is a straight-up retarded question, but if a Pokemon exits a battle with -1 Accuracy and comes back into it, does it still have -1 Accuracy?

Yes.

paperfairy
01-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Yes.
Really? I would say no, because I thought stats are reset upon a switch.

I can't access the handbook to double check though.

Dino
01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Really? I would say no, because I thought stats are reset upon a switch.

I can't access the handbook to double check though.

I didn't actually see it in the manual.
But your probably right about resetting. It normally resets in games doesn't it?

eishiba
01-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Since there are some Pokemon that only have access to one ability due to the second being banned for example Buneary must start with run away because klutz is banned, could it be allowed to use a different ability all together within good reason? Or possibly completely change klutz to something else since it involves the use of items?

Another question. I keep seeing other refs "claiming" and "reserving". How long do those stay in effect? I'm seeing some that are two or three weeks old.

Dino
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Since there are some Pokemon that only have access to one ability due to the second being banned for example Buneary must start with run away because klutz is banned, could it be allowed to use a different ability all together within good reason? Or possibly completely change klutz to something else since it involves the use of items?

Another question. I keep seeing other refs "claiming" and "reserving". How long do those stay in effect? I'm seeing some that are two or three weeks old.

If you want different abilities this (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116176) is the place to go.

As for claiming. If they claim but don't post in a reasonable amount of time (3-4 days) you can take it from them.

eishiba
01-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm just letting everyone know there is about a million battles at the end of the last page that have been finished for a couple of weeks or more that need to go into the Battle Archive.

And has someone declared a "pause" in ASB that I'm not aware of? There are alot of DQ's going on.

paperfairy
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM

If somebody can come up with alternate effects for banned abilities, we can talk about working them in.

eishiba
01-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Might I suggest ASB be put on a hold for like a month?

Saraibre Ryu
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Might I suggest ASB be put on a hold for like a month?

May I ask where this suggestion came from? O_O

eishiba
01-19-2012, 05:44 PM
May I ask where this suggestion came from? O_O

Because hardly anyone is here anymore lol. I don't even want to go to the battle section and see how many more DQ's are ready to be finalized.

Dino
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Because hardly anyone is here anymore lol. I don't even want to go to the battle section and see how many more DQ's are ready to be finalized.

Putting it on hold for a month won't help.
Battles can be swept out while the asb is still running, so I don't see any use in shutting it down.

eishiba
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
If the rules for a battle have no banned moves and the damage caps was set to 30 and the opponent successfully uses horn drill on its opponent, will it ohko or can it only do 30?

Velocity
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
If the rules for a battle have no banned moves and the damage caps was set to 30 and the opponent successfully uses horn drill on its opponent, will it ohko or can it only do 30?

I assume it would only do 30.

Velocity
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
What happens if a Pokemon is roared out mid-round?

Dino
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM

I suppose that is all up to your judgement, because I don't know of any set rules.

I would, personally, probably pull the pokemon out, replace it with a random pokemon from their stats (if there is one) and then end the round.

KantoBreeder
02-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Would a pokemon with less speed be able to dodge/deflect/cover against an opponent with a greater speed?

Velocity
02-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Would a pokemon with less speed be able to dodge/deflect/cover against an opponent with a greater speed?

Depends on the speed discrepancy and your judgement. For instance, an Axew is probably going to have a tough time deflecting/covering/dodging over a Ninjask, eh? However, it's not impossible and similar things have been done in the anime. I know that a cover is probably going to be successful up to about a difference of, like, 50 or so in which case I'd call it a judgement thing. Dodging, however, is really more dependent on likelihood - I.E., if a Pokemon is slower than its opponent it's more likely to dodge successfully if it has 10 less speed instead of 50 less. Savvy?

eishiba
02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Does it seem likely or possible for smaller pokemon to use moves like tackle or take down on larger pokemon that may outweigh them by twice as much?

Velocity
02-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Does it seem likely or possible for smaller pokemon to use moves like tackle or take down on larger pokemon that may outweigh them by twice as much?

It can happen. The important thing about those moves isn't the size difference, it's the Attack/Defense difference.

eishiba
02-04-2012, 02:46 PM
if pokemon A roars pokemon B away the first action, how does the pokemon replacing it still get an action in on the second action if moves are already given? or can roar only be used on the second action?

Dino
02-04-2012, 05:10 PM
if pokemon A roars pokemon B away the first action, how does the pokemon replacing it still get an action in on the second action if moves are already given? or can roar only be used on the second action?

I would most likely end the round after roar myself.
Or you could pm the owner of Pokemon B and ask them to change their second attack.

paperfairy
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM

I assume you're referring to my battle. Pokemon is randomly replaced with another one from the owner's "party". Doesn't get an action command unless the owner conditioned for it.

The Smogon ASB actually has a formula for this. I wouldn't be opposed to working one in, if there was demand for it.

See above. New Pokemon doesn't get an action.

eishiba
03-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Is there anything that can be done to liven this place back up?

Dino
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Is there anything that can be done to liven this place back up?

Have the whole forum boost in activity.
It's not just here that we are feeling it, but probably one of the most evident here.

If you have ideas for the ASB specifically feel free to send them to us.

eishiba
03-09-2012, 11:26 PM
What happened to Lord Fedora?

Velocity
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
What happened to Lord Fedora?

He's DEAD.

Just kidding! According to Justin he's lost interest in the ASB. The butthead.

paperfairy
03-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately, my subordinates are correct.

eishiba
04-15-2012, 09:47 PM
but we had a 6 on 6 battle. *sobs*

Latio-Nytro
04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
OK, it's a 1-on-1 battle. The opponent has Double Team Clones out-3, for this instance. I use Earthquake, which hits every Pokemon in the field except for the user. In this case, would it hit all the clones and the real Pokemon, or would it only hit one target?

Velocity
04-18-2012, 12:12 AM
OK, it's a 1-on-1 battle. The opponent has Double Team Clones out-3, for this instance. I use Earthquake, which hits every Pokemon in the field except for the user. In this case, would it hit all the clones and the real Pokemon, or would it only hit one target?

It hits the clones, yes. I've had the same thing come up: somebody used that Fire-type move that does splash damage to the Pokemon adjacent to the target and even though there was only one Poke on the field, I declared that the clones were hit. Stuff that affects 'everyone' affects everyone who isn't Protected or immune.

eishiba
04-18-2012, 12:52 AM
It hits the clones, yes. I've had the same thing come up: somebody used that Fire-type move that does splash damage to the Pokemon adjacent to the target and even though there was only one Poke on the field, I declared that the clones were hit. Stuff that affects 'everyone' affects everyone who isn't Protected or immune.

So it would not hit the pokemon, just the clones? boy, i reffed that one wrong lol. i assumed one clone would be hit.

Velocity
04-18-2012, 12:55 AM
So it would not hit the pokemon, just the clones? boy, i reffed that one wrong lol. i assumed one clone would be hit.

Yep! Everyone on field includes clones and subs.

eishiba
04-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Yep! Everyone on field includes clones and subs.

Would the damage be spread out or anything?

Velocity
04-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Would the damage be spread out or anything?

Nope! It affects everyone equally, like in the games.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Do status ailments override each other? Say a pokemon is already afflicted by...paralysis, and its opponent tried to put it to sleep. Would the attempt to put it to sleep fail?

Socratic Sarcasm
04-18-2012, 02:06 AM
I believe the statuses stack.

3m0d0ll
04-18-2012, 06:07 AM
I believe the statuses stack.

Correct. The only exception is that Toxipoison overrides regular poisoning.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Here's another dumb question, but if a pokemon that has used double team is hit but a status inflicting move, does the pokemon lose its clones? Or is that only if it is hit by a physical attack?

Socratic Sarcasm
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Are Velo and I giving you THAT much trouble? The clones do not disappear when statused, although there's only a chance the status move will hit the actual person.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Are Velo and I giving you THAT much trouble? The clones do not disappear when statused, although there's only a chance the status move will hit the actual person.

Aha, nope, don't worry about it! I just want to make sure I have everything correct. Turns out I was thinking the right thing and second guessing myself :oops:

eishiba
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
If a pokemon is roared or whirlwinded out of battle on the first action, is a random pokemon selected for the second action or does the trainer that has to switch get to choose what to send out?

3m0d0ll
04-18-2012, 11:40 PM
If a pokemon is roared or whirlwinded out of battle on the first action, is a random pokemon selected for the second action or does the trainer that has to switch get to choose what to send out?

A Pokemon that the field permits (i.e. If the arena, for whatever reason, bans Flying-types, then a Pidgeot couldn't come out) is randomly selected from the target trainer's party.

eishiba
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
would counter work for a move like rock slide that is physical but doesn't cause either pokemon to come into contact?

Velocity
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
would counter work for a move like rock slide that is physical but doesn't cause either pokemon to come into contact?

Yep. Counter affects all phys. moves.

Socratic Sarcasm
04-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Are you allowed to reduce the priority of a priority action (eg stalling a switch)

Velocity
04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Are you allowed to reduce the priority of a priority action (eg stalling a switch)

Yes.

eishiba
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Substitute does block status moves like will o wisp and thunder wave right?
The substitute also can not be burned or paralyzed right?

3m0d0ll
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
If a Status inflicting move such as Thunderwave is used on a Pokemon that it protected by Substitute, then the target will not become Paralyzed.

Status conditions can be stacked. The only two that cannot be stacked are Poisoned and Toxipoisoned, in which case Toxipoison > Poison.

eishiba
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
If a Status inflicting move such as Thunderwave is used on a Pokemon that it protected by Substitute, then the target will not become Paralyzed.

Status conditions can be stacked. The only two that cannot be stacked are Poisoned and Toxipoisoned, in which case Toxipoison > Poison.

That I knew. Im just making sure that a substitute cannot be inflicted with a status?

3m0d0ll
04-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Substitutes cannot be inflicted with a Status condition, yes.

eishiba
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Is there anything else that I can do around here to help out?

Velocity
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Is there anything else that I can do around here to help out?

Just reffing, mostly. Odd jobs are closed but if you come up with a good, usable ref test that tests out most of the things a ref will need to deal with, I'd consider it super and give you compensation. ;)

3m0d0ll
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Just keep Reffing. :]

sammy0295
05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
For the kill count for the free vitamins, in a double battle, who gets the tally if an opponent dies for lack of NRG?

eishiba
06-12-2012, 01:28 AM
How come the tutored move shop place thingy is closed? Inactivity?

3m0d0ll
06-12-2012, 01:44 AM
How come the tutored move shop place thingy is closed? Inactivity?

We're fixing bugs, last time I checked.

Graceful_Suicune
06-12-2012, 01:56 AM
I have a question.

Can I start up a narration thread somewhere that features member-voiced ASB battle narrations? XD

(P.S. This is just a test, and does not have sound effects or music. And sorry for the annoying voice. xD)

http://tindeck.com/image/ebnr/stats.png (http://tindeck.com/listen/ebnr)

~GS.

Latio-Nytro
06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Has anyone noticed this yet? (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3395488&postcount=15) Is it just taking a while to think about, or has nobody seen it yet?

3m0d0ll
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
I have a question.

Can I start up a narration thread somewhere that features member-voiced ASB battle narrations? XD

(P.S. This is just a test, and does not have sound effects or music. And sorry for the annoying voice. xD)

http://tindeck.com/image/ebnr/stats.png (http://tindeck.com/listen/ebnr)

~GS.
I don't see why not. c:

Write up a draft and PM it to Dino, Velocity, and me.

Latio-Nytro
06-22-2012, 02:51 AM
...OK, call me impatiant. But I'm not sure what's going on and just editing the post will probably mean nobody will notice for a while.

I've got a request for an Ability Change in the Pokemon Development Facility (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116176), so my Froslass can be changed from Snow Cloak to Moody (That post is at the bottom). Yes, that Moody, but I've tried to give excellent reason why it won't be such a hindrence. That's not my problem, however. The issue is the thread states it takes Twelve hours to complete the procedure, and it's been well past that limit-I should be able to take it out and just leave. Considering the posts dealing with the same thing above mine, I was highly confused about whether or not someone comes to check on whether or not the Ability is WAY too powerful for the Pokemon. Do I just post in the Registration Thread with it now, or do I have to wait until someone approves the ability for me in the Shop, then get it approved again in the Registration thread?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's been resolved.

3m0d0ll
06-22-2012, 05:40 AM
...OK, call me impatiant. But I'm not sure what's going on and just editing the post will probably mean nobody will notice for a while.
Sorry for the wait. :/ When it comes to things that need approval, it honestly is a waiting game. We'll try to be more timely in the future.

Saraibre Ryu
07-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Two questions:

One, can I revamp my Gym with a new thread? [Since WK left the gym and said he may not come back to it]

Two, any idea when achievements are coming back?

Velocity
07-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Two questions:

One, can I revamp my Gym with a new thread? [Since WK left the gym and said he may not come back to it]

Two, any idea when achievements are coming back?

You will have to submit your Gym for reapproval, but it should be fine. Do you have a new partner in mind?

We're currently in the process of retooling them. Hopefully it will be soon!

Saraibre Ryu
07-09-2012, 03:58 AM
I was thinking of doing it over since I had an announcement looking for a new partner and no one has PM'd me or anything about applying...would I be able to resubmit a somewhat new idea and run the gym myself if all goes well?

3m0d0ll
07-09-2012, 06:04 AM
I was thinking of doing it over since I had an announcement looking for a new partner and no one has PM'd me or anything about applying...would I be able to resubmit a somewhat new idea and run the gym myself if all goes well?

Of course, as long as your theme is acceptable.

Please do something fancy. The only cool Gym around here is 3m0d0ll's. ;__;

Latio-Nytro
07-17-2012, 03:58 PM
First off, can I please get someone to hand me my numbers? (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116311)

And second off, Is there any 'cutoff' date for inactivity? Like, say a Shop's activity just dropped off a cliff and never came back, would that shop be locked for its inactivity should it not recover, or is there no real 'cutoff' date and the shop only closes on the owner's request? I'm just wondering.

Saraibre Ryu
07-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Of course, as long as your theme is acceptable.

Please do something fancy. The only cool Gym around here is 3m0d0ll's. ;__;

So when my new application is ready [which should be soon], do I PM it to one of you guys? The thread is locked. >>

Also to resumbit a buisness idea of a buisness that you currently have, but has been completely dead, just send it to the Dragon's Den right?

Judge Dredd
07-29-2012, 05:59 AM
if one of the shop threads has died or been closed is it okay to restart it and use it as your shop?

Trainer17
07-29-2012, 06:19 AM
if one of the shop threads has died or been closed is it okay to restart it and use it as your shop?

iirc, you have to at least ask the permission of the previous shop owner to actually claim it as your own. Unless they're really inactive/dead, you may approach any of the Business Officials/Dragons and ask for their opinion @ their thread.

Judge Dredd
07-29-2012, 06:45 AM
iirc, you have to at least ask the permission of the previous shop owner to actually claim it as your own. Unless they're really inactive/dead, you may approach any of the Business Officials/Dragons and ask for their opinion @ their thread.

is there a challenge finder in ASBL ? if there is not you should create one. That a way person knows who is looking for challenges

Trainer17
07-29-2012, 06:49 AM
is there a challenge finder in ASBL ? if there is not you should create one. That a way person knows who is looking for challenges

Are you talking about this thread here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111380)? VS Seeker @ ASB Battles thread xD Though it's currently closed due to WAR, and might be re-opened asap seeing how the WAR has ended or near to its ending...

Saraibre Ryu
07-29-2012, 06:55 AM

You can still make a thread through private challenge! Just post all the criteria in the first post like any other battle. ^^

Judge Dredd
07-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Are you talking about this thread here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111380)? VS Seeker @ ASB Battles thread xD Though it's currently closed due to WAR, and might be re-opened asap seeing how the WAR has ended or near to its ending...

Thanks ! and you really should, now is the best time to do it !

You can still make a thread through private challenge! Just post all the criteria in the first post like any other battle. ^^

it would be my first time, I know there are other first time battlers out there ! just wanted to connect with some of them.

Trainer17
07-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks ! and you really should, now is the best time to do it !

it would be my first time, I know there are other first time battlers out there ! just wanted to connect with some of them.

Trust me, we all want to have battles :3 But then again, in regards to the opening of the thread, I'm guessing only ASB mods or officials with mod powers could do so.

Judge Dredd
07-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Trust me, we all want to have battles :3 But then again, in regards to the opening of the thread, I'm guessing only ASB mods or officials with mod powers could do so.

ohhh I see, I can do that stuff to, but Id feel better to just like the staff here do that kinda stuff.

Dino
07-29-2012, 01:04 PM
The VS Seeker has already been reopened and is ready for use.
:D
Go nuts!

Trainer17
07-29-2012, 02:05 PM
The VS Seeker has already been reopened and is ready for use.
:D
Go nuts!

http://image.naldzgraphics.net/2011/02/6-God-of-War-III-Kratos.jpg

Let THE BLOODSHED BATTLES begin!

3m0d0ll
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
So when my new application is ready [which should be soon], do I PM it to one of you guys? The thread is locked. >>

Also to resumbit a buisness idea of a buisness that you currently have, but has been completely dead, just send it to the Dragon's Den right?
I'm going around and opening threads that were closed due to WAR and other threads that the Staff agree should be reopened. c:

And yeah, just Dragon Den it.

Trainer17
07-30-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm going around and opening threads that were closed due to WAR and other threads that the Staff agree should be reopened. c:

And yeah, just Dragon Den it.

Just saying that you referred the wrong Utility Store in the Announcement thread ^^; Iridium's one is long gone, and new yet revamped one could be found here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115345). :D

/yay for my sales

eishiba
07-30-2012, 09:32 PM
what happens if dragon tail is used on a sub? will the opponent be switched out?

Velocity
07-31-2012, 01:48 AM
what happens if dragon tail is used on a sub? will the opponent be switched out?

No.

Neku Sakuraba
07-31-2012, 02:07 AM
http://image.naldzgraphics.net/2011/02/6-God-of-War-III-Kratos.jpg

Let THE BLOODSHED BATTLES begin!

^ Lol. Anyways, for the battles that were closed because of WAR, should we just create a new battle of it, or just wait for the/a ref to post?

Velocity
07-31-2012, 02:13 AM
^ Lol. Anyways, for the battles that were closed because of WAR, should we just create a new battle of it, or just wait for the/a ref to post?

Just wait. ;)

NES2
08-04-2012, 03:10 AM
I haven't played ASB in forever, and want to restart entirely with new Pokemon and reset stats. Can I re-register a new team?

Velocity
08-04-2012, 03:16 AM
I haven't played ASB in forever, and want to restart entirely with new Pokemon and reset stats. Can I re-register a new team?

Yes, so long as you delete your old stats and start a completely new bank account.

Graceful_Suicune
08-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Question. Are you allowed to use the same pokemon in more than one battle at a time?

~GS.

Grassy_Aggron
08-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Question - Can a Pokemon use a move normally meant for another on itself or a teammate?

Like, say, a Vulpix and a Deerling. Vulpix could use Energy Ball on Deerling to power it up if it has Sap Sipper.

Or said Vulpix could use Flamethrower on itself to activate Flash Fire...

Or...Hrm, Zangoose with Toxic Boost using Toxic on itself to get that ability. You know?

paperfairy
08-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Question. Are you allowed to use the same pokemon in more than one battle at a time?

~GS.
Yes, unless the rules state otherwise: safari zone.

Question - Can a Pokemon use a move normally meant for another on itself or a teammate?

Like, say, a Vulpix and a Deerling. Vulpix could use Energy Ball on Deerling to power it up if it has Sap Sipper.

Or said Vulpix could use Flamethrower on itself to activate Flash Fire...

Or...Hrm, Zangoose with Toxic Boost using Toxic on itself to get that ability. You know?

Energy Ball's Impact is a Singular Target. It doesn't specify who the target is. Same with Toxic, although I wouldn't argue if a ref ruled this out - I imagine a Pokemon would immune to its own toxins.

Grassy_Aggron
08-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Energy Ball's Impact is a Singular Target. It doesn't specify who the target is. Same with Toxic, although I wouldn't argue if a ref ruled this out - I imagine a Pokemon would immune to its own toxins.

True, although if you think about it, the human body has bacteria in certain parts that get anywhere else it can easily cause an infection.

...I need to stop over-analyzing this...^^' Thanks!

Reborn
08-08-2012, 08:28 PM
i was wondering would it be cool to open a pe2k asbl battle ladder?

3m0d0ll
08-08-2012, 09:49 PM
i was wondering would it be cool to open a pe2k asbl battle ladder?

We already have one here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115804), though you are welcome to ask KB if he needs any help or something.

Kabuto
08-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I have a question. If a Dugtrio with the ability sandforce uses sandstorm would you have to round the damage or leave it as it is?
Sandstorm; At the end of every round, each active Pokémon, except Ground, Rock, and Steel types, loses 6 HP simultaneously. During effect, Rock-type Pokémon receive +2 SPDEF.
And
Sandforce; Damage dealt by this Pokémon's Rock, Steel, and Ground-type actions is multiplied by 1.3. It also gives the user immunity to damage from Sandstorm.

So 6*1.3 = 7.8 DAMAGE or would you round it up to 8 DAMAGE.

This is making me go crazy!!!

Saraibre Ryu
08-09-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a question. If a Dugtrio with the ability sandforce uses sandstorm would you have to round the damage or leave it as it is?
Sandstorm; At the end of every round, each active Pokémon, except Ground, Rock, and Steel types, loses 6 HP simultaneously. During effect, Rock-type Pokémon receive +2 SPDEF.
And
Sandforce; Damage dealt by this Pokémon's Rock, Steel, and Ground-type actions is multiplied by 1.3. It also gives the user immunity to damage from Sandstorm.

The only actions affected are direct attacks, such as Earthquake and Rockslide. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

Also, in the ASB, always round up. ^^

paperfairy
08-15-2012, 03:24 AM
And

Velocity is correct. However, if you happened to be doing the ref test, had Sandstorm deal more damage, and explained why, I would likely grade that in your favor.

Grassy_Aggron
08-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Velocity is correct. However, if you happened to be doing the ref test, had Sandstorm deal more damage, and explained why, I would likely grade that in your favor.

*Cough*Sabi*Cough* Sorry, had to point that out.

Always round up? If it's 3.1, you round up to 4? (Yes, I read the manual, I just like to double check). This is going to kill my math knowledge XD I was looking over Double Team and such, and I'd get numbers such as 3.15, which would round up to 3.2 for true math. Ultimately it would round down to 3. But you are suggesting we round up to 4 even though it technically shouldn't. ...Right? XD

3m0d0ll
08-15-2012, 04:31 AM
*Cough*Sabi*Cough* Sorry, had to point that out.

Always round up? If it's 3.1, you round up to 4? (Yes, I read the manual, I just like to double check). This is going to kill my math knowledge XD I was looking over Double Team and such, and I'd get numbers such as 3.15, which would round up to 3.2 for true math. Ultimately it would round down to 3. But you are suggesting we round up to 4 even though it technically shouldn't. ...Right? XD
No.
3.1-3.4 -> 3.
3.5-3.9 -> 4.

paperfairy
08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
What?

ASB always rounds up to the next integer. Always. Always. Always.

Always.

3.1 -> 4
1.00000000000000000000000001 -> 2

And Grassy, your logic is flawed, but I assume you're still young.

paperfairy
08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
What?

ASB always rounds up to the next integer. Always. Always. Always.

Always.

3.1 -> 4
1.00000000000000000000000001 -> 2

And Grassy, your logic is flawed, but I assume you're still young.

Grassy_Aggron
08-15-2012, 06:12 AM
It's not flawed, really.

In math, you're taught that if you have a number five or higher you round up.

My example, 3.15, would round to 3.2. But, if you were basing it on whole numbers only - no decimals, you'd ignore the five and look at the one. Since it's lower than five, it rounds down to 3.0, effectively 3 :) That's why I said ultimately it rounds down to 3 - I just didn't explain it too well. My bad ^^' *Not the best explainer sometimes and yes that is a new word*

But I get what you are saying. It'll kill me regardless, but I can easily round up. Just have to remember ASB is different from Calculus XD Thanks for answering my question because I like double-checking~

Latio-Nytro
08-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Verbatium for the effect of Magic Coat on the Compendium: "If user is the target of one of inflictions of status ailments of any kind, stat changes, or trapping effects by non-users, instead user uses that action against that non-user (includes Attract, Flatter, Gastro Acid, Leech Seed, Swagger, Worry Seed, and Yawn). Effect ends when user is replaced."

Henceforth, is the move Roar-which switches out the opposing Pokemon-classified as a status aliment, stat change, or a trapping effect, or would it bypass Magic Coat?

Just curious.

Socratic Sarcasm
08-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Gloating! (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roar_(move))

Latio-Nytro
08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
...Can I get a second opinion? I trust Bulbapedia, but considering that Game Mechanics do not always equal ASBL mechanics, I would like to know if there's a definite 'thing' that happens (Roar gets deflected 100% of the time, or Roar ignores Magic Coat 100% of the time) or if it's an 'Up to the Ref' kind of thing. And I really do not consider a link to Bulbapedia and the word 'Gloating' an answer.

And no, this is not just because I do not trust Narphoenix on the basis of him being biased against me. And no offense to Narphoenix either.

3m0d0ll
08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Henceforth, is the move Roar-which switches out the opposing Pokemon-classified as a status aliment, stat change, or a trapping effect, or would it bypass Magic Coat?

It is affected by Magic Coat, yes. But if a Ref wrote otherwise, then he wouldn't be corrected.

Latio-Nytro
08-18-2012, 08:05 PM
A ref didn't, I was just checking, considering Roar doesn't appear to be a Status Condition or a Stat Changing move...On a related note, is it considered a Trapping Move?

Socratic Sarcasm
08-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I suppose it could be considered an anti-trapping move.

3m0d0ll
08-19-2012, 12:25 AM
On a related note, is it considered a Trapping Move?

It's kinda the exact opposite. xD

paperfairy
08-19-2012, 11:23 AM
According to the Compendium, Magic Coat does not reflect Roar. However, Compendium was written during the fourth generation, where that was the case. In the fifth generation, Roar is now deflected by Magic Coat. In this case, Jenn is correct: I would not penalize a ref for this. However, there is a good chance I will patch Compendium in the future to fix this.

Neku Sakuraba
08-24-2012, 01:30 AM
God, I bet I seem like a pushy person right now, asking two things. So, I was wondering about the referee test. I sent in mine a few months ago and followed the instructions. Doing the current round and sending it to J_A_M_E_S. Should I have sent it in to an official? The instructions said to send it to J_A_M_E_S, so, just wondering if I should re-send it.

Skyman
10-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Not sure if it was asked at some point, but just a quick question about something related to Signature Moves: Is there no such thing as "Signature Attributes" here? By that, I mean something similar to a Signature Move, except instead of a move it's an ability. It could either replace a Pokemon's regular ability or exist side-by-side with the regular ability. If these don't exist, could they potentially exist in the future?

Saraibre Ryu
10-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Not sure if it was asked at some point, but just a quick question about something related to Signature Moves: Is there no such thing as "Signature Attributes" here? By that, I mean something similar to a Signature Move, except instead of a move it's an ability. It could either replace a Pokemon's regular ability or exist side-by-side with the regular ability. If these don't exist, could they potentially exist in the future?

I have created something similar to these, at least based on what you describe. Basically I create a move that gives boosts or effects to what the Pokemon does. Below is an example of what I've made that has been approved.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/635.gif
Vio-Nai the Hydriegon [F]
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Triple Driver
Description:
Vio-Nai was always perceptive and skillful in finding ways to utilize her three heads. Favoring special attacks, she discovered two ways of doing this. One way was to combine all her breath attacks into one powerful stream, making attacks like Flamethrower and Dragon pulse much more powerful at the cost of a bit more energy. In single combat this worked out well, however she found another use for it in multiple opponent combat. Rather than directing all of her heads into one powerful stream, she used her heads to attack more than one opponent at once, using up a bit more energy so she wouldn’t lose too much power. Finding that hitting and wearing down multiple opponents at once brought her success in battles. However, she could only keep it up until she had so much energy left, but she found it worth the effort. Really, three heads were better than two.
Type: Dragon
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: Special attack's energy modifier +3 energy when this effect is used. [Eg Dragon Pulse energy mod +3 energy]
Effects:
Converge: [Concentrated attacks]
Attack's BP increases by 50%
Accuracy of attacks lowered by 10%
Has a chance of inflicting status effect of attack onto user. Eg chance of self inflicting burn from Flamethrower.

Diverge: [Split attacks]
All Special attacks used are treated as multi targeting attacks, such Rock Slide when attacks are used under this condition.
Center position of Triple battles, can hit all three opponents. BP of attacks are reduced to 60% in this case.
Can hit up to 2 Double team clones at once. Main head watches for the real Opponent and does not attack.

Universal effects:
All special attacks use an additional 3% energy when attacks have an additional [Converge] or [Diverge] tag added to them. Tri-Attack is exception to this rule and does not apply to this effect.
Effects cease when at 20% energy. Cannot use if under 20% energy. Cannot use while Confused or Infatuated. Can't be used if Special Attack has been lowered.[/U]
Usage Gap: Every other action
Note:This isn’t as much of a move as it is an added effect. These affects apply when actions are given in the following format:
Flamethrower [Converge] or Dragon Pulse [Diverge]

I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is more to what you're thinking of.

Skyman
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I have created something similar to these, at least based on what you describe. Basically I create a move that gives boosts or effects to what the Pokemon does. Below is an example of what I've made that has been approved.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/635.gif
Vio-Nai the Hydriegon [F]
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Triple Driver
Description:
Vio-Nai was always perceptive and skillful in finding ways to utilize her three heads. Favoring special attacks, she discovered two ways of doing this. One way was to combine all her breath attacks into one powerful stream, making attacks like Flamethrower and Dragon pulse much more powerful at the cost of a bit more energy. In single combat this worked out well, however she found another use for it in multiple opponent combat. Rather than directing all of her heads into one powerful stream, she used her heads to attack more than one opponent at once, using up a bit more energy so she wouldn’t lose too much power. Finding that hitting and wearing down multiple opponents at once brought her success in battles. However, she could only keep it up until she had so much energy left, but she found it worth the effort. Really, three heads were better than two.
Type: Dragon
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: Special attack's energy modifier +3 energy when this effect is used. [Eg Dragon Pulse energy mod +3 energy]
Effects:
Converge: [Concentrated attacks]
Attack's BP increases by 50%
Accuracy of attacks lowered by 10%
Has a chance of inflicting status effect of attack onto user. Eg chance of self inflicting burn from Flamethrower.

Diverge: [Split attacks]
All Special attacks used are treated as multi targeting attacks, such Rock Slide when attacks are used under this condition.
Center position of Triple battles, can hit all three opponents. BP of attacks are reduced to 60% in this case.
Can hit up to 2 Double team clones at once. Main head watches for the real Opponent and does not attack.

Universal effects:
All special attacks use an additional 3% energy when attacks have an additional [Converge] or [Diverge] tag added to them. Tri-Attack is exception to this rule and does not apply to this effect.
Effects cease when at 20% energy. Cannot use if under 20% energy. Cannot use while Confused or Infatuated. Can't be used if Special Attack has been lowered.[/U]
Usage Gap: Every other action
Note:This isn’t as much of a move as it is an added effect. These affects apply when actions are given in the following format:
Flamethrower [Converge] or Dragon Pulse [Diverge]

I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is more to what you're thinking of.

It's basically the same thing that I was thinking of. However, it seems like you had to forgo getting an actual Signature Move in order to get those effects; what I was thinking of allowed for both those effects AND a move at the same time, although you could only have one if you wished. From what I can tell here, you can get either a move or an attribute(like what you posted), but not both.

Sorry if what I'm saying isn't exactly clear. I'll try to clarify if you need me to, if you're confused, or I can alternatively post an example of one if need be.

Saraibre Ryu
10-09-2012, 02:53 AM
It's basically the same thing that I was thinking of. However, it seems like you had to forgo getting an actual Signature Move in order to get those effects; what I was thinking of allowed for both those effects AND a move at the same time, although you could only have one if you wished. From what I can tell here, you can get either a move or an attribute(like what you posted), but not both.

Sorry if what I'm saying isn't exactly clear. I'll try to clarify if you need me to, if you're confused, or I can alternatively post an example of one if need be.

In the specific case of Vio-Nai, I get the added effects because of what the move does. It all depends on what you want the signature move to do. *thinks she understands what you mean*

Skyman
10-10-2012, 06:58 PM
In the specific case of Vio-Nai, I get the added effects because of what the move does. It all depends on what you want the signature move to do. *thinks she understands what you mean*

Oh, I see. Well, still, not exactly what I was saying, but I suppose it's close enough. Now I guess I can go and modify an idea I was having to try and fit into this system once I get approved to even join the league.

Dino
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Signature abilities are not available.
We have previously considered adding them, but if we do, it most likely won't be soon, and quite restricted. Creating a move like Sabi is the only current option available.

i_love_hkim
11-26-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry these games are confusing, what do I do?

Dino
11-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry these games are confusing, what do I do?

To begin read through these guides.
Getting Started/FAQ (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111368)
How to Battle (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116014)
Safari Zone Guide (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115951)

They should give you an understanding of how the ASB works.
Afterword, should you have any more questions, feel free to post them here for answers.

p4r6g6777
12-23-2012, 03:05 AM
I don't quite understand how EXP levels work. Can someone give an explanation or a link to where I can read about them?

Dino
12-29-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't quite understand how EXP levels work. Can someone give an explanation or a link to where I can read about them?

Essentially the more evolved a pokemon is the higher its Experience is. The higher ones experience the less energy is needed to preform moves.

If you want it any more detailed then that your going to have to refer to the Referee/Ranger Manual (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12UQCRoAI1h1YRB8XT3O_QH9iLmhWiPtlV-diNKU0sjU/edit?hl=en_US). Which may be very confusing if you since your new.

5TailedDemonLizard
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM
A quick question because I'm feeling dumb today:

If a pokemon executes a move that hits "All Opposing Pokemon" and it is a double battle, one calculates the damage for each pokemon in the compendium as if it were for an attack that specifically targeted that pokemon, so you would get two differed hp deductions, yes?

Neku Sakuraba
01-03-2013, 05:02 AM
I'm curious about setting up a Multi-Battle that would be a Battle Royale...

Would I still have to PM/VM people who I would like to do it with me, or is that only with partners?

3m0d0ll
01-03-2013, 10:21 PM
A quick question because I'm feeling dumb today:

If a pokemon executes a move that hits "All Opposing Pokemon" and it is a double battle, one calculates the damage for each pokemon in the compendium as if it were for an attack that specifically targeted that pokemon, so you would get two differed hp deductions, yes?

Yep. If the move is, say, Rock Slide aimed at a Poliwrath and a Wigglytuff, you'd calculate the Health deduction from Poliwrath, and the Health reduction from Wigglytuff (which would obviously give two different percentages) and apply the damage accordingly.

I probably over complicated this answer. cx

I'm curious about setting up a Multi-Battle that would be a Battle Royale...

Would I still have to PM/VM people who I would like to do it with me, or is that only with partners?

Could you give a bit more detail, please? I don't entirely understand your question. :s

Neku Sakuraba
01-05-2013, 03:39 AM
It says that for a Multi-Battle (4 people), it says to PM the person you wanted to team up with if there is going to be teams, but if it was a Battle Royale (Free-for-all), would you PM everyone you wanted to battle with, or post it on the VS. Seeker if you wanted random people to battle with you?

Saraibre Ryu
01-05-2013, 03:46 AM
It says that for a Multi-Battle (4 people), it says to PM the person you wanted to team up with if there is going to be teams, but if it was a Battle Royale (Free-for-all), would you PM everyone you wanted to battle with, or post it on the VS. Seeker if you wanted random people to battle with you?

*considering I wrote the system for Multi-battles*

Multi-Battles were written based on the format of the game, which was two on two but with four trainers, two per side. A Battle Royale wasn't originally intended for multi-battles, however I don't see how it wouldn't work. Though I'd imagine that'd be one hell of a battle. Considering you can PM anyone about a normal battle and you can do the same with Multi-Battles. I wouldn't think it's necessary to PM other people for a Royale battle, but to help be more organized, sure. If you want anyone, sure I'd post it in the VS Seeker, but I'd make it clear it was a Multi-Royale, as original Multi-Battles is like a Double Battle only with four trainers.

Socratic Sarcasm
01-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Ok. Here is a question:

What is the difference between a junior and senior ref, and how does the former become the latter?

3m0d0ll
01-07-2013, 03:08 AM
Ok. Here is a question:

What is the difference between a junior and senior ref, and how does the former become the latter?

Well, honestly, there isn't anything exact about how you can get promoted to a SR. When the ASB Officials see that you're active and don't make errors (or very few errors), then we may decide to promote you.

SRs receive $10 for Reffing one Rounds, then an additional $5, while JRs receive $5 and $4 respectively. Sorry that I can't give you more information, but there honestly isn't much to give. cx

The only advice I can give is to double check all your Rounds and Ref a lot. ^^;

Saraibre Ryu
01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
For the sake of my own curiosity...

If you own a particular buisness, can you completely change how that buisness works? My question in relating to the Hidden Power type determination buisness as that's never gotten off the ground and I'd like to revamp how determining HP types is done.

I figure you just resubmit it to the D. Den correct?

3m0d0ll
01-14-2013, 02:04 AM
I figure you just resubmit it to the D. Den correct?

Yep. c:

Socratic Sarcasm
01-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Do contest appeals have to be written in the first person?

3m0d0ll
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Do contest appeals have to be written in the first person?

Nope, can be written in first or third person. c:

Saraibre Ryu
01-26-2013, 03:37 AM
Since Shelmet and Karrablast aren't listen on the Evolution Dojo thread, are they instantaneous due to their evolution being of a trade nature?

Also Nincada evolving produces both a Ninjask and Shedinja [with the extra purchase] correct? [This is more for double checking really]

3m0d0ll
01-26-2013, 03:56 AM
since shelmet and karrablast aren't listen on the evolution dojo thread, are they instantaneous due to their evolution being of a trade nature?

Also nincada evolving produces both a ninjask and shedinja [with the extra purchase] correct? [this is more for double checking really]

Instant ($8)
Nincada -> Shedinja

* To be purchased when evolving Nincada to Ninjask. Buy this item to claim a Shedinja along with your Ninjask. *

** You can also go to the Trading thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3260017#post3260017) and trade Pokemon with another player to evolve these Pokemon. The only way to evolve your Karrablast is to trade for a Shelmet, and vise versa. **

Ctrl+F is, more often than not, your friend.

Saraibre Ryu
01-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Ctrl+F is, more often than not, your friend.

I did use Ctrl-F and it did not bring anything up for Shelmet/Karrablast. -_- Damn you web browser.

Thanks a bunch.

3m0d0ll
01-26-2013, 04:26 AM
I did use Ctrl-F and it did not bring anything up for Shelmet/Karrablast. -_- Damn you web browser.

Thanks a bunch.

Oh Odin, I don't want to even have to think about trying to sift through the Evolution Dojo without Ctrl+F. D:

Hmm, how about if you use Accelgor in the Appeal Round of the Mewtwo Invasion Contest, you can evolve it without having to trade (just link to this post in the Reg. HQ). Deal? c:

Neku Sakuraba
01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Lemme rephrase my question since I now know the problem...I guess.

I sent my Ref Test to J_A_M_E_S a few months ago. Seeing as he hasn't replied for a while, should I sent it to all of the most active Officials now?

3m0d0ll
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Lemme rephrase my question since I now know the problem...I guess.

I sent my Ref Test to J_A_M_E_S a few months ago. Seeing as he hasn't replied for a while, should I sent it to all of the most active Officials now?

Yes, please resend it! JAMES isn't an actual person, he's Justin's toy, and I hate having to check his inbox. So yes, forward it to me, Dino, and Velocity as soon as you're able.

Dark Moonlight
01-26-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't think I have mine saved in my inbox, but I'll try and forward it to one of you.

Saraibre Ryu
01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Oh Odin, I don't want to even have to think about trying to sift through the Evolution Dojo without Ctrl+F. D:

Hmm, how about if you use Accelgor in the Appeal Round of the Mewtwo Invasion Contest, you can evolve it without having to trade (just link to this post in the Reg. HQ). Deal? c:

That is very tempting... but I already had my appeal and battle Pokemon worked out in my head. XD I'll pass on the offer, I don't feel like I should get something like that because my Ctrl+F wasn't working. XD

I'll just have to buy a Karrablast and then someone can have a free Escalavier from me if they trade back and forth. XD

Judge Dredd
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
How long do moves like Sandstorm and Rain Dance go for ?

3m0d0ll
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
How long do moves like Sandstorm and Rain Dance go for ?

Two Rounds.

Latio-Nytro
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Would a Counter Work against Earthquake despite Earthquake not actually involving the attacker touching the attackee (the attackee being the one using Counter)?

Neku Sakuraba
02-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Would a Counter Work against Earthquake despite Earthquake not actually involving the attacker touching the attackee (the attackee being the one using Counter)?

Yes, because Earthquake Is a physIcall move.

*Sorry, I'm usIng my phone and Its capItalIzIng all of the Is In words. -_-*

Grassy_Aggron
03-05-2013, 03:15 AM
Hmm, I can't find information on this...

Does Uproar cost energy to use each time once you're stuck under its continuous effect (in a similar manner to Bullet Seed and the like, although that happens in the same action and not over a set of actions)? It has a high BP so the energy cost is high, which is why I was curious. It would make more sense for it to act like Bullet Seed just prolonged for a while, rather than acting like you used it again each time and deducting energy.

Please let me know asap please~ I'm in a battle and I'm curious to know how it'll work with Uproar.

Dino
03-05-2013, 03:42 AM

Does Uproar cost energy to use each time once you're stuck under its continuous effect (in a similar manner to Bullet Seed and the like, although that happens in the same action and not over a set of actions)? It has a high BP so the energy cost is high, which is why I was curious. It would make more sense for it to act like Bullet Seed just prolonged for a while, rather than acting like you used it again each time and deducting energy.

Please let me know asap please~ I'm in a battle and I'm curious to know how it'll work with Uproar.

Energy will be deducted each time uproar is used, because essentially you are attacking each time instead of a more 'rapid action' attack in one general movement. It is more like encore.

3m0d0ll
03-05-2013, 03:44 AM

When Uproar is attacking, Energy will be deducted every action it's used. So if it costs 5% Energy each action, and lasts for four actions, it'll end up costing 20% Energy in total.

Neku Sakuraba
03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
When Uproar is attacking, Energy will be deducted every action it's used. So if it costs 5% Energy each action, and lasts for four actions, it'll end up costing 20% Energy in total.

Just letting you know, you were Dino'd.

Dino
03-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Just letting you know, you were Dino'd.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/dinosarus/evillaugh_zps29f8b38c.gif
I'm so glad that this still exists.

3m0d0ll
03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
I HATE ALL OF YOU.i

Neku Sakuraba
03-06-2013, 02:22 AM
I HATE ALL OF YOU.i

Why, thank you for that nice comment! =D

TrainerKristian
04-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm new to the PE2kASBL and I was wondering how the EXP-factor works and how it could change the situation in battle.

Thanks!

I HATE ALL OF YOU.i

"Guess what? I don't like you either! Wait a sec..., we share something in common! Let's be friends!"

Dino
04-13-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm new to the PE2kASBL and I was wondering how the EXP-factor works and how it could change the situation in battle.

Thanks!

As your pokemon evolves it gains more experience.

The higher EXP your pokemon has the easier it is for them to perform moves and in turn makes them use less energy.

More simply put (TLDR)
More EXP = Less Energy Used

Neku Sakuraba
04-13-2013, 04:24 PM

The higher EXP your pokemon has the easier it is for them to perform moves and in turn makes them use less energy.

More simply put (TLDR)

Also, if I remember correctly, it can also strengthen moves as EXP goes up. You can raise the EXP of a Pokemon two ways:

1) Evolve it at the Evolution Dojo

or

2) Buy a Rare Candy and use it on a Pokemon of choice.

Rare Candies cost $100 a piece, so it's not recommended, because, unless you are BlueTowel from PWN Forums, you would want to evolve a lot of your Pokemon.

vegetunks937
04-13-2013, 05:05 PM
What a BlueTowel

TrainerKristian
04-19-2013, 04:17 PM

More simply put (TLDR)

Also, if I remember correctly, it can also strengthen moves as EXP goes up. You can raise the EXP of a Pokemon two ways:

1) Evolve it at the Evolution Dojo

or

2) Buy a Rare Candy and use it on a Pokemon of choice.

Rare Candies cost $100 a piece, so it's not recommended, because, unless you are BlueTowel from PWN Forums, you would want to evolve a lot of your Pokemon.

Thanks!

Also, I've got another question.

If you took the referee-test, and sended it to Just Another Machine Emulating Stuff.
How long does it take to get a (non-)approval from him? Since I somehow heard it to be a machine. Why didn't I get a PM back?:eh:

Typhlosion Explosion
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks!

Also, I've got another question.

If you took the referee-test, and sended it to Just Another Machine Emulating Stuff.
How long does it take to get a (non-)approval from him? Since I somehow heard it to be a machine. Why didn't I get a PM back?:eh:

*cough cough* J_A_M_E_S is actually Jenn/Justin *cough cough*

It'd probably be better to send it to Jenn (3m0d0ll) all the officials (3m0d0ll, Velocity, Dino, & paperfairy) if you can/if you retest!

TrainerKristian
04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
*cough cough* J_A_M_E_S is actually Jenn/Justin *cough cough*

It'd probably be better to send it to Jenn (3m0d0ll) all the officials (3m0d0ll, Velocity, Dino, & paperfairy) if you can/if you retest!

I did save a copy of the test (THANK GOD I DID THAT!), so I'll send it to them then.

Thanks again!