PDA

View Full Version : Question and Answer Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Iridium
01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Direct all and any questions you may have about any section of the ASB here. You'd like to go through the ASB Handbook (http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111368) first though, before you ask any questions. As soon as possible, a member of the Staff or another player will answer your question.

Rival Silver
03-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Nicknames are mandatory when registering pokemon, or any other method of obtaining pokemon, correct? I also assume if that is correct, they cannot be nicknamed the pokemon they are.

EX: I can't nickname Sneasel, Sneasel.

paperfairy
03-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Nicknames are not mandatory and they can be whatever you like.

Mawile-Danmaku
03-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Is there a backlog of old ref tests that can be opened so users can practice their skills in a variety of different situations and improve their skills? If not, can an alternate ref test be posted weekly for users who like writing rounds?

paperfairy
03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
As of now, there ARE no old ref tests, simply because there is only one for this new system. I'll be happy to keep a backlog though once tested get rotated out.

As for a variety of situations, every ref test aims to hit on most, if not all of the following points:
- Stat Changes
- Special Moves (Substitute, Curse)
- Calculating Damage
- Calculating Speed
- Conditionals

Not sure if I understand what you're looking for with that next question. If you simply want to write rounds, I suppose you could look at the Ranger Test, but again, you can't take it until you pass the Ref test.

For the next few weeks, the ref tests will rotate out every week or so (the next one will most likely be posted on the 10th), but their frequency will be adjusted based on need for refs (the more we need them, the more frequent the rotation).

Rival Silver
03-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Lol, ok... So how do I figure out the moves for pokemon? Is it similar to the URPG where they are considerd to be lvl 100 and have all the level up moves?

paperfairy
03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
How To Battle
A Pokémon can use any attack listed on it's Veekun (veekun.com) page, or any attack listed on the Veekun page of its pre-evolutions. End of story.

directly from the how to battle thread.

eishiba
03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Question 1: I have a Bunery as a Pokemon with Run away since klutz can't be used. Is run away going to help me any in battle? lol. And Ill assume I can change its ability once it becomes Lopunny to Cute Charm?

Question 2: Is our Pokemon's stats, without vitamins and such the same as the base stats of the Pokemon?

paperfairy
03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Your answers lie in the Compendium.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqYKuJ_SAWFOdC1RcEQwb3pfNzNrWGdMOHpXNmdaQ 2c&hl=en#gid=5

And yes, your Lopunny can have Cute Charm.

IceKyurem
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I have questions about Damage Caps.

Are they per turn or move?
For example, the damage cap for Battle A is 50. Pokemon A uses Move A on Pokemon B, dealing 49 damage. Pokemon A uses the same move again, dealing another 49 damage. Is that allowed?

Also, are you allowed to deal the damage stated in the Damage Cap?
For example, the damage cap for Battle A is 50. Pokemon A uses Move A on Pokemon B, dealing 50 damage. Is that allowed?

Finally, what happens if you deal more damage than the damage cap?
For example, the damage cap for Battle A is 50. Pokemon A uses Move A on Pokemon B, dealing 51 damage. What happens now?

Also, are you allowed to re-nickanme Pokemon? If so, how do you do it?

eishiba
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
What is the "average" category for?

And when is the first battle? I wanted to watch one or two to get a better idea.

paperfairy
03-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I have questions about Damage Caps.

Are they per turn or move?
For example, the damage cap for Battle A is 50. Pokemon A uses Move A on Pokemon B, dealing 49 damage. Pokemon A uses the same move again, dealing another 49 damage. Is that allowed?

Also, are you allowed to deal the damage stated in the Damage Cap?
For example, the damage cap for Battle A is 50. Pokemon A uses Move A on Pokemon B, dealing 50 damage. Is that allowed?

Finally, what happens if you deal more damage than the damage cap?
For example, the damage cap for Battle A is 50. Pokemon A uses Move A on Pokemon B, dealing 51 damage. What happens now?

Also, are you allowed to re-nickanme Pokemon? If so, how do you do it?

From the how to battle thread:

This specifies how much damage, at most, can be done to a Pokemon in one round.

So, in the case of 50, a Pokémon can take no more than 50 damage per round. It's up to the ref how this is handled.

What is the "average" category for?

And when is the first battle? I wanted to watch one or two to get a better idea.

Average category is simply the average of the stats. More for my purposes than yours.

First battles... have already begun. In the Battles board.

Velocity
03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
When it says in the Compendium to take into account whether the Pokemon is airborne, underwater, in fog, etc, what does it mean?

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for the brainfart, but we CAN layer major statuses, correct?

Lord Fedora
03-12-2011, 10:16 PM
When it says in the Compendium to take into account whether the Pokemon is airborne, underwater, in fog, etc, what does it mean?

Basically means use common sense on whether certain moves hit or miss. For instance, Magnezone naturally floats, and would thus be considered Airborne. So even though it doesn't have Levitate as an ability, it's not going to be affected by Earthquake, obviously. Unlike if it had Levitate, though, a move like Earth Power can still hit.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for the brainfart, but we CAN layer major statuses, correct?

Of course. Maximum of two.

Velocity
03-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Okay, thanks~! XD I can't believe I forgot the status thing...

Rival Silver
03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Can Chills be used as part of a conditional?

EX:

Use thunder, but if the opponent uses protect use chill. Then use Discharge

Thunder/Chill ~ Discharge?

Velocity
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
@ Silver: I would assume so, yes.

Would a Pokemon be able to use a move it could use in a previous generation but now cannot?

EDIT: XD I have most recent posts on 3of the 4 ASB boards.

EDITEDIT: Oh, ant I'm an Elite Trainer now? I'm so old CX

Lord Fedora
03-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Can Chills be used as part of a conditional?

EX:

Use thunder, but if the opponent uses protect use chill. Then use Discharge

Thunder/Chill ~ Discharge?

Yes.

@ Silver: I would assume so, yes.

Would a Pokemon be able to use a move it could use in a previous generation but now cannot?

EDIT: XD I have most recent posts on 3of the 4 ASB boards.

EDITEDIT: Oh, ant I'm an Elite Trainer now? I'm so old CX

So long as you can prove it could learn it.

3m0d0ll
03-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Actually no. The ASB stays current. If Charmander can't learn Fire Spin in Gen V, then your Charmander can't use Fire Spin in a battle.

Like, Blizzard had an X% of breaking through Protect in DP, but not in Pt or BW, so a Ref wouldn't roll to see if Protect broke. Geddit?

EDIT: Official ASB ruling is: if it's listed on the Veekun page, or a pre-evolution's Veekun page, the Pokemon can use the move.

MuddyMudkip
03-16-2011, 03:31 AM
When calculating damage for a battle, does the ref/RNG take into account weather?

Say a Pokemon with Snow Warning comes in, summoning a Hailstorm. Does the enemy Pokemon get inflicted with damage at the end of each turn due to the Hail?

Lord Fedora
03-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Yes, note the compendium's entry for the move Hail.

eishiba
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
If you use dig in this game, does the round end with you under ground or will you hit the opponent in the same round? It doesnt state anything for the description in the compendium.

3m0d0ll
03-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Adding on to that, you're not going to get extremely fast battles in the ASB. It takes time, and it's a lot better than what we had before...

It is a lot better. OH MY GOD IS IT. I think it may be because we cut down how many actions are in a Round from three to two... ;P

If you use dig in this game, does the round end with you under ground or will you hit the opponent in the same round? It doesnt state anything for the description in the compendium.

Okay. A ROUND is two actions. When you use Dig, you surface in the same ACTION (two actions in a round). So if Diglett uses Dig and Scratch, the opponent is hit by both by the end of the Round.
Did that help?

eishiba
03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Okay. A ROUND is two actions. When you use Dig, you surface in the same ACTION (two actions in a round). So if Diglett uses Dig and Scratch, the opponent is hit by both by the end of the Round.
Did that help?[/QUOTE]

So let me see if I have this right. We send our attacks. My pokemon is the faster so it goes first. I do whatever else and dig. The opponent misses with whatever attack it executed and then I hit him with dig? Atleast thats what it sounded like you said lol. I guess I'm wanting to know if it will help you avoid an attack like in the game. Or will I dig and then just hit him like any other regular attack.

3m0d0ll
03-16-2011, 06:45 PM
So let me see if I have this right. We send our attacks. My pokemon is the faster so it goes first. I do whatever else and dig. The opponent misses with whatever attack it executed and then I hit him with dig? Atleast thats what it sounded like you said lol. I guess I'm wanting to know if it will help you avoid an attack like in the game. Or will I dig and then just hit him like any other regular attack.

Hmm, that's a gray area. If the Dig-user is faster, does he surface before the opponent attacks or at the end of the Round... I suppose it's up to however the Ref wants to write it ^..^; But, if you wanted to dodge an attack AND inflict damage, you could put:
Diglett, use Dig, but surface once -opponent Pokemon-'s attack misses due to you being underground.
Or something like that xPP

paperfairy
03-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Hmm, that's a gray area. If the Dig-user is faster, does he surface before the opponent attacks or at the end of the Round... I suppose it's up to however the Ref wants to write it ^..^; But, if you wanted to dodge an attack AND inflict damage, you could put:

Or something like that xPP
Although for the record, Dig, Fly and et cetera are not two turn moves - they are only so if you command it, like 3m0 has demonstrated.

Master Zorua
03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
How would Zorua/Zoroark's Illusion Ability play out in battles? In B/W, it comes out appearing like the last Pokemon in your battling line-up, but in the anime, it can make itself look like any Pokemon and even give off the illusion of affecting the surroundings.

3m0d0ll
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
How would Zorua/Zoroark's Illusion Ability play out in battles? In B/W, it comes out appearing like the last Pokemon in your battling line-up, but in the anime, it can make itself look like any Pokemon and even give off the illusion of affecting the surroundings.

When this Pokémon enters battle, it immediately uses Double Team. This does not cost an action.

That's strait out of the Compenduim.

CM
03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I have a quick question- How can Persian get the ability Limber if Meowth can't have Pickup and has to have Technician, which transfers over when it evolves?

Saraibre Ryu
03-19-2011, 06:49 PM
To add to Crystal's question:

What do we do with Pokemon who only have the one ability that is banned in the ASB, like Phanpy who only has Pick Up? Does it use it's DW Ability?

Rival Silver
03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Not adding on to those two,

You can have mutliple status alignments like PSN and BRN?

paperfairy
03-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a quick question- How can Persian get the ability Limber if Meowth can't have Pickup and has to have Technician, which transfers over when it evolves?

"No Pokémon can have Honey Gather, Pickup, Unburden, Klutz, Pickpocket, Unnerve, Harvest or Frisk as an ability. Combee's ability is always Hustle. Gothita, Gothorita, and Gothitelle's abilities are always Shadow Tag. Pokémon who possess the aforementioned abilities in the video game are free to change their Abilities upon evolution without penalty. "

To add to Crystal's question:

What do we do with Pokemon who only have the one ability that is banned in the ASB, like Phanpy who only has Pick Up? Does it use it's DW Ability?

I was under the impression that Gothielle and Combee were the only Pokémon with this issue. Phanpy, according to my search two seconds ago, is the only other one with this issue, so all Phanpy will now have Sand Veil.

Not adding on to those two,

You can have mutliple status alignments like PSN and BRN?

Yes.

Velocity
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Is it possible to dodge in the ASBL?

Dino
03-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Is it possible to dodge in the ASBL?

Yes, It is in the how to battle thread. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111378)

Actions need not be attacks - be inventive! Dodge, duck, dip dive, dodge! Use attacks to block and dodge, or try flying higher in the sky to avoid an attack! ASB rewards for creativity.

Micro
03-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Are moves like Leech Seed, Aqua Ring or Ingrain direct recovery moves?

paperfairy
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
If your opponent placed "no direct recovery moves" as a battle clause, you'll need to ask them - none of the battle clauses are officially ASB supported.

MuddyMudkip
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Is it possible to dodge in the ASBL? Yes, It is in the how to battle thread. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111378)

Are Pokemon always able to dodge? What I mean is, are dodges always successful? And what is the energy cost, if any?

paperfairy
03-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Are Pokemon always able to dodge? What I mean is, are dodges always successful? And what is the energy cost, if any?
Entirely up to the ref in question.

IceKyurem
03-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Is there something that lists the energy costs of all attacks?

Dino
03-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Is there something that lists the energy costs of all attacks?

No.

You would have to calculate them yourself using the compendium, because the energy used also depends on your Pokemon's EXP stat.

MuddyMudkip
03-28-2011, 02:17 AM
If a Pokemon is paralyzed and is ordered to chill, then it won't gain the +6 Energy (assuming the ref rolled for PRZ), right? So, it that just it, or is there a subtraction from the user's energy due to the mon trying to chill? (This is probably the worst question I've asked in ages.. DX)

paperfairy
03-28-2011, 04:26 AM
If a Pokemon is paralyzed and is ordered to chill, then it won't gain the +6 Energy (assuming the ref rolled for PRZ), right? So, it that just it, or is there a subtraction from the user's energy due to the mon trying to chill? (This is probably the worst question I've asked in ages.. DX)
Good question, actually:

The Pokemon would not gain or lose energy. It would not do anything but be paralyzed.

MuddyMudkip
04-13-2011, 05:03 AM
So I got another question.. hehe..

Anyway, when a member switched Pokemon in a battle (not because previous Pokemon fainted), would that make up the entire turn/round or only one of the two actions? Also, do you switch first or the previous Pokemon gets attacked before switching out?

paperfairy
04-13-2011, 06:16 AM
So I got another question.. hehe..

Anyway, when a member switched Pokemon in a battle (not because previous Pokemon fainted), would that make up the entire turn/round or only one of the two actions?

You are also free to switch Pokemon for one of your actions.
from: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111378

Also, do you switch first or the previous Pokemon gets attacked before switching out?
Keep in mind priority - all attacks have priority of 0 unless otherwise stated. Moves with a higher priority attack earlier than those with a lower one, regardless of speed. Also keep in mind that user’s switching Pokemon takes priority over all attacks except Pursuit.
from:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jqDX30sBHkUPCVyJGz33-ZN94RTqryrZIHxw8MjXGPw/edit?hl=en&authkey=CMbjr_4K#

see bold. :cool:

Saraibre Ryu
04-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Can I use a Pokemon that's currently in a Safari Exploration in a battle while it's still in a Safari run? I didn't see anything about that anywhere, of course with my reputation I could of missed it.

paperfairy
04-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Can I use a Pokemon that's currently in a Safari Exploration in a battle while it's still in a Safari run? I didn't see anything about that anywhere, of course with my reputation I could of missed it.

Yeah.

Mawile-Danmaku
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
On the compedium it says click File > Download as > Excel. What file?

paperfairy
04-17-2011, 02:38 PM
The Compendium itself. You need to be able to edit cells to use the calculator, so you need to make yourself a copy.

Micro
04-17-2011, 11:01 PM
While in a battle, can the attacks be like from a pokemon contest?

Example: Gallade use Leaf Blade to give your arms the power of grass then mix it with Vacuum Wave to create a sort of grass tornado!

Leaf Blade - Vacuum Wave (combination)

(ps. I'm typing this on my DSi, so sorry if I make some typing errors...)

Lord Fedora
04-17-2011, 11:45 PM
One of the projects we're working on right now is combination attacks, which will most likely be released near the beginning of summer. Until then, I'm afraid there's no dice.

Team Razor
04-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I haven't joined yet, but I wonder if pokémon can have their DW abilities and moves?

paperfairy
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
You can change your Ability to the Dream World ones in the Dream Center in the Downtown Market.

Any move listed on a Pokémon's Veekun page (or a pre-evolution's page) is legal for use.

Buoyysel
04-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry if the answer to this question is indicated in another thread, but I'd like to know if you need to have any particular experience or anything if you wanted to become a ref in ASB?

paperfairy
04-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Anybody can apply to be a ref at any time by taking the ref test in the battle board.

Saraibre Ryu
04-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Can someone be a customer of their own buisness?
If so how does the whole money thing work out...?

paperfairy
04-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I think you pay like every other customer, but I don't believe you count towards the $5 per customer thing. Unless you hear otherwise from another Official...

Saraibre Ryu
04-30-2011, 08:18 AM
I think you pay like every other customer, but I don't believe you count towards the $5 per customer thing. Unless you hear otherwise from another Official...

So I pay in my own buisness...but I do not receive the money I'm paying for then right?

Lord Fedora
04-30-2011, 09:27 AM
That is correct. You'd normally get $5 for every customer you have inbetween paydays, but you yourself will not count towards that.

Saraibre Ryu
04-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Okay so...because my brain fails right now.

I post in my own buisness
Say it's -$10
I lose 10 from my account like I would posting in someone elses buisness and not get that $10 from myself, which would in a sense make that free...
Not including the extra $5 thing.

*note to self, be more specific the first time you ask*

Mawile-Danmaku
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM
If an arena is not specified in a test, does the ref use the default arena (granite pillar)?

SLC
04-30-2011, 03:17 PM
If an arena is not specified in a test, does the ref use the default arena (granite pillar)?

I made up my own, but didn't go into too much detail in it.

paperfairy
04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Okay so...because my brain fails right now.

I post in my own buisness
Say it's -$10
I lose 10 from my account like I would posting in someone elses buisness and not get that $10 from myself, which would in a sense make that free...
Not including the extra $5 thing.

*note to self, be more specific the first time you ask*

Correct. You just lose $10.

I made up my own, but didn't go into too much detail in it.

When making the ref rest, I realized how little arena mattered, so i didn't write one. It doesn't matter what the arena is.

eishiba
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Why is it when I click on the "Core Kit" link from the Referee Headquarters page it takes me to a "Google Docs" page and wants me to sign in with a gmail account?

Lord Fedora
05-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Why is it when I click on the "Core Kit" link from the Referee Headquarters page it takes me to a "Google Docs" page and wants me to sign in with a gmail account?
The Core Kit is hosted on Google Docs.

eishiba
05-11-2011, 03:51 PM
The Core Kit is hosted on Google Docs.

Erm...so like...what do i do since it wants me to sign in? Do I sign in with my gmail account?

paperfairy
05-11-2011, 07:08 PM
You don't need to sign in at all! That link takes you to a page with everything you need. Please show us a screenshot if you are seeing something different.

Saraibre Ryu
05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Question about battles.

I know this would be rather tedious to do but would the option of having multi battles be open? Such as two on two, four trainers in one double battle, one side being 1 and 3, the other being 2 and 4, working turns in a 1, 2, 3, 4, format then in a 2, 3, 1, 4 format to switch...yeah that sounds a bit daunting...but is it possible?

3m0d0ll
05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Question about battles.

I know this would be rather tedious to do but would the option of having multi battles be open? Such as two on two, four trainers in one double battle, one side being 1 and 3, the other being 2 and 4, working turns in a 1, 2, 3, 4, format then in a 2, 3, 1, 4 format to switch...yeah that sounds a bit daunting...but is it possible?

It's possible, yes, and we're working on something similar behind the scenes--we'll talk about it more seriously and with more urgency, now, though, since at least one person seems interested in it. c:

Saraibre Ryu
05-18-2011, 09:34 PM
It's possible, yes, and we're working on something similar behind the scenes--we'll talk about it more seriously and with more urgency, now, though, since at least one person seems interested in it. c:

The more people in a battle the more fun I say. XD

Would we be including rotation battles in this as well? I can see that being a bit more simple...and also more complicated. My mind is weird like that.

Micro
05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
If Taunt is used on the opponent and was succesful, can the opponent still use a Chill or is that the same as a Non-Damaging move. (Aka: Chill blocked by Taunt?)

Trainer17
05-22-2011, 02:08 PM
If Taunt is used on the opponent and was succesful, can the opponent still use a Chill or is that the same as a Non-Damaging move. (Aka: Chill blocked by Taunt?)

I don't think so. Chill is basically classified as a special action (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111378) rather than being labelled as a Non-Damaging move. Chill would still work in my opinion.

-T17

3m0d0ll
05-22-2011, 03:16 PM
If Taunt is used on the opponent and was successful, can the opponent still use a Chill or is that the same as a Non-Damaging move. (Aka: Chill blocked by Taunt?)

Hm... That's a really good question! I suppose it could work--reason stated by T17--and yet it shouldn't because of what Taunt does... I'm not sure; I'll get back to you on that!

Trainer17
05-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Hm... That's a really good question! I suppose it could work--reason stated by T17--and yet it shouldn't because of what Taunt does... I'm not sure; I'll get back to you on that!

Taunt only works on Moves. Not special action which is Chill classified as. Or to put it another way, Chill is not a Pokemon Move to be affected by taunt. But yes, reconfirm this via Lord Fedora/Paperfairy. :D

-Tsuna

SLC
05-23-2011, 06:31 AM

I'd like this to happen and possibly be one of the testers ;o

3m0d0ll
05-23-2011, 11:15 PM

Taunt is currently worded:

"For three to five actions, including the current action, attempts by target to perform actions that do not deal damage will fail. Effect ends when target is replaced."

A chill is an action that does not deal damage.

Ther ya go.

paperfairy
05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I should point out that I was wrong - the current wording of Taunt reads:

"For three to five actions, including the current action, non-damaging moves are disabled for opponent. Effect ends when opponent is replaced."

The quote given above is from a future version of Compendium. Based on that, Tsuna is correct, chills still work, but when Compendium is updated this summer, it will no longer be the case.I've seen the battle in question, so its really up to whomever refs the round.

In response to the multi battles request, 3m0 is correct.... we'll get cracking. In response to the Rotation request, there is no rule against them right now, but there are no rules for them simply because *I* wrote the rules and *I* don't know how rotations work. I'm open to (and I'm sure the rest of the staff is open to) somebody writing up rules for Rotation Battles - I would request that if somebody does so, however, they wait until the Compendium updates this coming summer.

eishiba
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I was wondering if someone could tell me how the referee calculator works? I understand how to put in the dex number of pokemon in battle and to put in the everything else like the power, accuracy, and effectiveness. What I don't get is how you get it to calculate everything. Or is that not what its for?

MoonKit
05-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Just to confirm it, cuz I'm stupid.

Say a person is in a battle and can have two Pokemon in that battle. Lets also say that the user has one Pokemon waiting for a Signature Move approval. Say it gets approved. The Pokemon with the signature move isn't in battle. If this happens, can the Pokemon that got the signature move use that signature move (In that exact battle) if it got it while another Pokemon was battling instead of it?

Basically stated: Can a Pokemon that is switched in that got a Signature move while the other Pokemon was battling use that Signature move in battle?

3m0d0ll
05-27-2011, 04:12 AM
Just to confirm it, cuz I'm stupid.

Say a person is in a battle and can have two Pokemon in that battle. Lets also say that the user has one Pokemon waiting for a Signature Move approval. Say it gets approved. The Pokemon with the signature move isn't in battle. If this happens, can the Pokemon that got the signature move use that signature move (In that exact battle) if it got it while another Pokemon was battling instead of it?

Basically stated: Can a Pokemon that is switched in that got a Signature move while the other Pokemon was battling use that Signature move in battle?

Depends. If the Pokemon waiting to be approved has been sent out into battle already or, for whatever reason, is already on your roster for that battle (i.e. State all the Pokemon you'll be using in the battle before hand), then no - the Pokemon wouldn't be able to use the Signature move in that battle once it's approved. Same with Tutored Moves, Evolution, Ability changes, etc. But if your foe has NO idea what Pokemon you're going to send out, then yes, it could use it's Sig. move once it's been Approved. C: H0p3 ths halpd~

MoonKit
05-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Depends. If the Pokemon waiting to be approved has been sent out into battle already or, for whatever reason, is already on your roster for that battle (i.e. State all the Pokemon you'll be using in the battle before hand), then no - the Pokemon wouldn't be able to use the Signature move in that battle once it's approved. Same with Tutored Moves, Evolution, Ability changes, etc. But if your foe has NO idea what Pokemon you're going to send out, then yes, it could use it's Sig. move once it's been Approved. C: H0p3 ths halpd~

yesmegetztounleashmycleffaonhimforpoisoningbunnear y

Although they probably looked at this thread and then at my stats and saw the one Pokemon with a siggy move that I have.

Supremist Rain
05-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi, wasnt sure where to post this but was just wondering when/if pokemon contests are going to be arriving soon?? probably the thing im looking forward to the most.

3m0d0ll
05-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi, wasnt sure where to post this but was just wondering when/if pokemon contests are going to be arriving soon?? probably the thing im looking forward to the most.

Sometime this summer. :)

Velocity
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Hay y'all.
Does anyone think they could give me the formula for attack damage? My computer eated it somehow. D:

paperfairy
05-31-2011, 11:42 PM
The document titled "Various Formulae" in the Core Kit has all the formula listed in it. I AM aware that the calculator is continually breaking... unfortunately,there is no way to fix this - whomever the idiot is just needs to stop and read the instructions. >_<

Velocity
06-01-2011, 01:13 AM
The document titled "Various Formulae" in the Core Kit has all the formula listed in it. I AM aware that the calculator is continually breaking... unfortunately,there is no way to fix this - whomever the idiot is just needs to stop and read the instructions. >_<

Guess what, y'all?
I came home and I opened it and it worked, no lie.
Thanks anyway, Paperfairy!

Micro
06-01-2011, 06:22 AM
EDIT: Never mind this post. I found it already. XD

Velocity
06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
So.

1. Energy cost for Dragon Rage?
I worked it out to one, 'Dragon Rage worked out to 1% Energy, since an attack that would do the same amount of Damage to Solar (STAB, nonphysical, 20 BP) costs that same amount.' but it's nowhere in the compendium.

2. Pay for double battles: is it any different?

3. I would very much like my pay for last week, also. Not a question so much as a point to be raised.

Dino
06-01-2011, 10:20 PM
I couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere so...

Is there a certain order in which one of the two battlers posts their moves first, or is it just who is polite enough to go first.

As an example is it like

Trainer A - Posts moves first
End of Round
Trainer B - Posts moves first

or

Is it just whoever posts them first posts them first.

KantoBreeder
06-01-2011, 10:34 PM

Is there a certain order in which one of the two battlers posts their moves first, or is it just who is polite enough to go first.

As an example is it like

End of Round

or

If the rule hasn't changed:
Trainer A posts thread, reveals first pokemon.
Trainer B posts with pokemon and moves.
Trainer A posts with moves.
Referee posts with round.
Trainer A posts moves.
Trainer B posts moves.
Referee posts round.
Trainer B
Trainer A

So, the trainers take it in turns to go first.

Velocity, double battle pay is the same as normal pay, as far as I know. I'm not sure about the other question.

paperfairy
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
So.

1. Energy cost for Dragon Rage?
I worked it out to one, 'Dragon Rage worked out to 1% Energy, since an attack that would do the same amount of Damage to Solar (STAB, nonphysical, 20 BP) costs that same amount.' but it's nowhere in the compendium.

Good call. Fixed to "1".

2. Pay for double battles: is it any different?

Pay remains the same, but I'm sure mods would be open to changing this since it IS more work for refs.

3. I would very much like my pay for last week, also. Not a question so much as a point to be raised.

Uh....

As an example is it like

End of Round

or

If the rule hasn't changed:
Trainer A posts thread, reveals first pokemon.
Trainer B posts with pokemon and moves.
Trainer A posts with moves.
Referee posts with round.
Trainer A posts moves.
Trainer B posts moves.
Referee posts round.
Trainer B
Trainer A

So, the trainers take it in turns to go first.

This is correct. This is also found in the How to Battle thread.

responses in bold.

Velocity
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Forgive me for my stupidity, but if I go and evolve my Pokemon, can I use the evolved form in a battle I started BEFORE the Pokemon was evolved? I'm not sure.

3m0d0ll
06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Forgive me for my stupidity, but if I go and evolve my Pokemon, can I use the evolved form in a battle I started BEFORE the Pokemon was evolved? I'm not sure.

If you send out the Pokemon, THEN you evolve it, no--the Pokemon is still in it's pre-evolved form. But if you don't send out the Pokemon, and evolve it, then you can use the evolved form in battle. Basically, Pokemon can't/don't evolve during a battle.

Velocity
06-02-2011, 11:16 PM
If you send out the Pokemon, THEN you evolve it, no--the Pokemon is still in it's pre-evolved form. But if you don't send out the Pokemon, and evolve it, then you can use the evolved form in battle. Basically, Pokemon can't/don't evolve during a battle.

THANK. GOODNESS. I was screeeeeeeewed if I couldn't evolve them.

Saraibre Ryu
06-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Can we chill in a Safari battle to regain energy or is there some other method of obtaining energy back...or recovering would probably be the proper term.

3m0d0ll
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Can we chill in a Safari battle to regain energy or is there some other method of obtaining energy back...or recovering would probably be the proper term.
Yes, you can Chill in a Safari Battle. Other ways of regaining energy is by buying certain items from the Utility Store (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113324) or Fleeing from/Capturing a Wild Pokemon--one of your options afterwords (normally labeled 'optional' or '0') is to fully heal your Pokemon for 3 Safari Points. :D

sammy0295
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
How exactly does Stored Power work? It starts at 20 BP and gains 20 more for each positive state change. But do negatives count against it? For example after one Curse, the stats would be +1 ATK, +1 DEF, -1 SPD. Would a Stored Power after that have a BP of 60 or 40?

Dino
06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I have a ref question.

When I enter some stat changes in on the calculator.
(In my current case with - DEF)
The calculator will subtract the - Def from both pokemon instead of the single on I impute it for.

Is this a glitch or something my computer is doing?

3m0d0ll
06-09-2011, 05:45 PM
How exactly does Stored Power work? It starts at 20 BP and gains 20 more for each positive state change. But do negatives count against it? For example after one Curse, the stats would be +1 ATK, +1 DEF, -1 SPD. Would a Stored Power after that have a BP of 60 or 40?
Stat changes are calculaed after everything else, iirc. Does that answer your question? .u.

I have a ref question.

The calculator will subtract the - Def from both pokemon instead of the single on I impute it for.

EERRMM. It's probably a glitch, but if you can just ignore it until Paperfair comes online to fix it... >w<||

Dino
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
EERRMM. It's probably a glitch, but if you can just ignore it until Paperfairy comes online to fix it... >w<||

Okay. I found a way to get around it so no rush if it can't be fixed.
I do think I know what is wrong~ Wouldn't know how to explain or fix it. xD

Saraibre Ryu
06-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I was wondering what the ASB was doing aout Smeargle...

3m0d0ll
06-12-2011, 06:30 PM

What do you mean?

Saraibre Ryu
06-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Well Smeargle and the whole Sketch factor. If someone were to own a Smeargle, how would it's whole move set work?

paperfairy
06-13-2011, 05:50 PM

40. There is a calculator built for Stored Power in the future Compendium update, so no worries.

I have a ref question.

This is only occurring for you. I have reset the calculator, see if that helps.

Straight from the Compendium, under Sketch:

"User adds target's last move to their movepool as a Tutored Move. "

Saraibre Ryu
06-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Straight from the Compendium, under Sketch:

"User adds target's last move to their movepool as a Tutored Move. "

So is Sketch them unlimited to use or not? Would you have to quote battle posts to register the Sketched move?

Dino
06-14-2011, 04:51 AM
This is only occurring for you. I have reset the calculator, see if that helps.

Still doesn't work. Maybe after that update you mentioned it might start working again.

Would it have been something I did?

eishiba
06-14-2011, 06:24 AM
There is a two different tutored moves threads. One for moves you make up and one for learning moves that are in the game that you would like to attach to a pokemon. Or does it all go in the same room. I posted in the "Move Tutor" thread in the downtown market but I don't see any other posts.

Velocity
06-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Not to add to the others' questions...

Would it be sane to say that proximity to a volcano would reduce the power of Water-Type moves and boost Fire-Type moves, like Sunny Day?

Because volcanoes are hot little monsters.

sammy0295
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
40. There is a calculator built for Stored Power in the future Compendium update, so no worries.

Thank you.

3m0d0ll
06-14-2011, 05:17 PM
There is a two different tutored moves threads. One for moves you make up and one for learning moves that are in the game that you would like to attach to a pokemon. Or does it all go in the same room. I posted in the "Move Tutor" thread in the downtown market but I don't see any other posts.
There is only one Move Tutor thread. If you're referring to the Signature move thread, than that's something different entirely.

Would it be sane to say that proximity to a volcano would reduce the power of Water-Type moves and boost Fire-Type moves, like Sunny Day?

Unless the Arena's description says, 'Fire-type moves are powered up,' then assume that they aren't.

eishiba
06-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Another question. If I pokemon has 10 energy remaining and the move it uses requires 11. will the move still be executed or does it run out of energy without using the move?

3m0d0ll
06-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Another question. If I pokemon has 10 energy remaining and the move it uses requires 11. will the move still be executed or does it run out of energy without using the move?

It will attempt to use the move, then faint. The move will also fail.

paperfairy
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Still doesn't work. Maybe after that update you mentioned it might start working again.

Would it have been something I did?

If you're online when I am, we can try to test it together...

While 3m0 is correct, I totally wouldn't put it against you to judge as you stated.

Dino
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
If the pokemon you brought with you in the safari zone, faints.

What happens?

3m0d0ll
06-16-2011, 08:04 PM
If the pokemon you brought with you in the safari zone, faints.

What happens?

Then you leave the Zone as if you had run out of Points.

SLC
06-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Can I still battle with Axew even if he's in the Safari Zone?

3m0d0ll
06-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Can I still battle with Axew even if he's in the Safari Zone?

There's no rule against it.

Saraibre Ryu
06-19-2011, 06:31 PM
We can find Victini in the Urban area of the Safari Zone...so is Victini not considered a legendary here or...something? o_O

paperfairy
06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Uh... can somebody fix that for me?

3m0d0ll
06-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Uh... can somebody fix that for me?

Np, I will. :)

EDIT: Just checked and there was nothing to fix. :L I guess someone beat me to it? xD

Trainer17
06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Not sure where else to post, but I noticed something in the Compendium.

Shell Smash : User gains +1 ATK and +1 SPATK. User loses -1 DEF and -1 SPDEF.

When it's actually : User gains +2 ATK, +2 SPATK and +2 Spd. User loses -1 DEF and -1 SPDEF.

Is this a typo or actually set like this?

-Tsuna

3m0d0ll
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM

When it's actually : User gains +2 ATK, +2 SPATK and +2 Spd. User loses -1 DEF and -1 SPDEF.

-Tsuna
It's probably a typo, but if you're Reffing a battle and Shell Smash was ordered to be used, I'd go with what the Compendium says and I'll bring this to Paperfairy's attention so he can make changes if need be. :)

CM
06-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Is it at all possible to change something about a signature move after it's been accepted? I ask this because something about the signature move I got accepted for my Houndoom has been bothering me since it was accepted and I'd like it changed if it can be done.

paperfairy
06-23-2011, 01:39 AM

-Tsuna

Fixed, Energy Mod changed to 9.

Is it at all possible to change something about a signature move after it's been accepted? I ask this because something about the signature move I got accepted for my Houndoom has been bothering me since it was accepted and I'd like it changed if it can be done.

Just re-apply and say you're getting rid of the old one.

CM
06-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Just re-apply and say you're getting rid of the old one.

Okay. Also, when it says "Energy Modifier", I just want to make sure I completely understand that since now I'm a little confused. When a ref judges that and puts that into the compendium, do they add that number that section? What I had understood before was that the energy modifier meant the energy used for that Pokemon to use their signature move, but now I'm not sure of that.

paperfairy
06-23-2011, 01:53 AM
99% of the time, it is indeed the Energy used for the Pokémon to use that move.

CM
06-23-2011, 02:10 AM
99% of the time, it is indeed the Energy used for the Pokémon to use that move.

Okay. I understand it better now. Thank you for answering my questions :3

3m0d0ll
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Or you can just keep plugging random numbers into the Compendium's calculator until you see the pattern. ;)

Saraibre Ryu
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Would it be plausible to have shop where you could potentially get DW ability ready Pokemon?

3m0d0ll
06-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Would it be plausible to have shop where you could potentially get DW ability ready Pokemon?

Write up a skeleton and toss it into the Dragon's Den. :)

Saraibre Ryu
06-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Write up a skeleton and toss it into the Dragon's Den. :)

I LOL'd at the skeleton. XD Will do.

paperfairy
06-23-2011, 11:23 PM

Or you can just keep plugging random number into the Compendium's calculator until you see the pattern. ;)

ALternatively, the sheet "Various Formulae" in the Compendium has all the formulas listed, particularly for this purpose. :P

CM
06-23-2011, 11:55 PM
ALternatively, the sheet "Various Formulae" in the Compendium has all the formulas listed, particularly for this purpose. :P

I didn't see the "Various Formulae" in the Compedium. Tsuna was giving me a demo, and apparently the layout is different on a Mac than it is on a PC and I'm missing the "Type Matchups" tab when I open it on my Mac.

3m0d0ll
06-24-2011, 12:55 AM
I didn't see the "Various Formulae" in the Compedium. Tsuna was giving me a demo, and apparently the layout is different on a Mac than it is on a PC and I'm missing the "Type Matchups" tab when I open it on my Mac.

That's what you get for using a Mac. Hmm, that's interesting... Justin, you're the computer wiz, do you have any idea why it's like that?

Trainer17
06-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Actually, the new compendium @ google spreadsheet is indeed missing the 'Type Matchups' column. I just downloaded and compared it with my old one. Justin, did you take it out or something? :p

-Tsuna

Edit : @Crystal: The various formula sheet is found here (https://docs.google.com/#folders/folder.0.0B6YKuJ_SAWFOZjhhZDk4MTQtZDljNi00YjhlLTlk ZDQtNGIzNzA2YzlhOGM0). It's sort of a separate sheet actually. But you don't really need it :p

Trainer17
06-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Double post ftw.

Anyways, I have another question. A Psychic from Gastly attacking a Nidoran M does 21 damage, while using up 26 energy. No stat changes like (atk/def) or anything. But it just seems too much to me. Some unknown typo @ compendium?

3m0d0ll
06-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Double post ftw.

Anyways, I have another question. A Psychic from Gastly attacking a Nidoran M does 21 damage, while using up 26 energy. No stat changes like (atk/def) or anything. But it just seems too much to me. Some unknown typo @ compendium?

What seems like too much, the damage or the Energy usage?

Trainer17
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM

The energy usage :( I mean. 26. How? :sad: Although I would say the damage seems a lil too much too.

Edit : Elbub beat me to it xD

Elbub
06-24-2011, 04:32 PM

I say both. No way should those sort of damages be being done by a Basic Stage, and especially not for that energy. You use that move four times and you've fainted.

3m0d0ll
06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
The energy usage :( I mean. 26. How? :sad: Although I would say the damage seems a lil too much too.

Edit : Elbub beat me to it xD

How'd he beat you to it if he posted after you, hun? ;D

I say both. No way should those sort of damages be being done by a Basic Stage, and especially not for that energy. You use that move four times and you've fainted.

*throws Paperfairy under the bus and runs as people chase after me with pitchforks*

Trainer17
06-24-2011, 04:46 PM
How'd he beat you to it if he posted after you, hun? ;D

I only mentioned energy, but then I was like, "hey! maybe I should talk about that attack too!", then I came here to edit then I saw Elbub's post. Still edited my post though xD ;D

-Tsuna

CM
06-25-2011, 05:24 AM
That's what you get for using a Mac. Hmm, that's interesting... Justin, you're the computer wiz, do you have any idea why it's like that?

Well it's what my dad gave me as a gift about two years ago, and the PC I had was completely dead so I had nothing else to use. But now that I have a PC desktop, I compared the two, and it's just the colors are off on the Mac a bit and the bottom tabs were slightly blended in. I can more clearly see them on the PC. Though that might be because I'm using a HD TV as my computer monitor X3 Either way I have things figured out now, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Elbub
06-25-2011, 10:52 AM
*throws Paperfairy under the bus and runs as people chase after me with pitchforks*

Put it this way; an attack which is super-effective and being used by a Basic Pokémon which has a perchance for using it's Special Attack shouldn't be doing damage that high. And even so, the energy usage SHOULD NEVER be more than that. I can understand the energy usage being more if the attack was 1/4x effective or some other incredibly debilitating circumstance, but for the positive circumstances that are shown in this example, it is ridiculous that the energy usage is that high.

paperfairy
06-25-2011, 10:07 PM

Type Matchups is indeed gone, and now fixed. Sorry and thanks.

Double post ftw.

Damage and energy formulas have significantly changed while you were away. Reason being is that battles moved too slowly before in comparison to other ASBs (which led to inactivity) and the energy formula now forces individuals to stop spamming their most powerful moves (a common theme prior). It also encourages evolution and/or purchasing items to offset that cost.

Elbub
06-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Damage and energy formulas have significantly changed while you were away. Reason being is that battles moved too slowly before in comparison to other ASBs (which led to inactivity) and the energy formula now forces individuals to stop spamming their most powerful moves (a common theme prior). It also encourages evolution and/or purchasing items to offset that cost.

I understand where you're coming from and I understand that they were changed. However, originally energy costs were higher, but I had them nerfed due to the fact that too many battles were ending in energy KO's, and people complained about that.

To be perfectly honest, I think it was more just the shock of seeing such high energy and damage from Gastly using Psychic. I can now anticipate what's happening (after finally not being such an idiot and actually taking the time to read the headings in the Compendium) and hopefully won't get such a nasty shock again.

I will however mount a new complaint; I find the compendium far too pink :P

paperfairy
06-26-2011, 08:49 AM
When we originally changed the Energy formula, it was indeed too high - this is the... third revision, and I think we've finally found a good balance.

Aww but we still love ya.

That's my favorite color, go ahead and tell me what you'd prefer~ :P

CM
06-26-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm curious as to why Fighting-type moves now affect Ghost-type Pokemon in ASB when in the games and anime there is no affect. Since the Type Matchup tap wasn't in the Compendium before, I was unaware of that until I saw the tab when I opened it tonight. I kinda wish I knew that fact earlier.

paperfairy
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm curious as to why Fighting-type moves now affect Ghost-type Pokemon in ASB when in the games and anime there is no affect. Since the Type Matchup tap wasn't in the Compendium before, I was unaware of that until I saw the tab when I opened it tonight. I kinda wish I knew that fact earlier.
Because of this new action for Ghost type Pokémon:

ASB-1
Phase Shift
BP: 0
ACC: --
Class: Status
Type: Ghost
Energy Modifier: 6
Changes a this Pokémon's state to ethereal. When ethereal, this Pokémon cannot be hit with physical actions, nor can they use physical actions in this form. Any attempts to damage an ethereal Pokémon with a physical action will simply pass through them, with an energy reduction - the same applies for an ethereal Pokémon using a physical action. For every action this Pokémon is ethereal (regardless of whose action), they lose 1 Energy. If this Pokémon is targeted by Foresight and/or Odor Sleuth, this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. If this Pokémon uses Phase Shift after it has been used, then this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. Banette, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Drifblim, Drifloon, Dusclops,Dusknoir, Duskull,Frillish, Froslass, Gastly, Gengar, Giratina, Golett, Golurk, Haunter, Jellicent, Lampent, Litwick, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Rotom, Sableye, Shedinja, Shuppet, Spiritomb, and Yamask can all use Phase Shift. When used by a Pokémon that is not one of the above, the action fails with an energy reduction.

This was publicly announced back in the Spring when we updated to v2.25. ASB is a more realistic means of battling, and while the physical/special split clearly addresses the intagiability of Ghosts, Game Freak doesn't seem particularly willing to alter the mechanic after the fact.

CM
06-26-2011, 06:02 PM

ASB-1
Phase Shift
Changes a this Pokémon's state to ethereal. When ethereal, this Pokémon cannot be hit with physical actions, nor can they use physical actions in this form. Any attempts to damage an ethereal Pokémon with a physical action will simply pass through them, with an energy reduction - the same applies for an ethereal Pokémon using a physical action. For every action this Pokémon is ethereal (regardless of whose action), they lose 1 Energy. If this Pokémon is targeted by Foresight and/or Odor Sleuth, this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. If this Pokémon uses Phase Shift after it has been used, then this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. Banette, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Drifblim, Drifloon, Dusclops,Dusknoir, Duskull,Frillish, Froslass, Gastly, Gengar, Giratina, Golett, Golurk, Haunter, Jellicent, Lampent, Litwick, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Rotom, Sableye, Shedinja, Shuppet, Spiritomb, and Yamask can all use Phase Shift. When used by a Pokémon that is not one of the above, the action fails with an energy reduction.

This was publicly announced back in the Spring when we updated to v2.25. ASB is a more realistic means of battling, and while the physical/special split clearly addresses the intagiability of Ghosts, Game Freak doesn't seem particularly willing to alter the mechanic after the fact.

So with that move now in play, both Fighting-type and Normal-type moves are affective unless that move is used in battle?

Elbub
06-26-2011, 06:07 PM

ASB-1
Phase Shift

Back in the (now ancient) PFU ASB that I used to be in, they had something similar. However, it was a bit broken (because the old Admin loves Ghost-types) and it eventually got removed.

... That's a random bit of irrelevant trivia for you there.

And as for colour, I don't really know. But genuinely, when I've looked at it bleary-eyed, early in the morning, I've found it to be quite painful.

SLC
06-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Can you do multiple park runs at once?

3m0d0ll
06-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Back in the (now ancient) PFU ASB that I used to be in, they had something similar. However, it was a bit broken (because the old Admin loves Ghost-types) and it eventually got removed.

... That's a random bit of irrelevant trivia for you there.

And as for colour, I don't really know. But genuinely, when I've looked at it bleary-eyed, early in the morning, I've found it to be quite painful.

*color. Learn to spell, you Brit. ;D <3

I see where you're coming from. I'm a girl (le gasp, Jenn reveled her gender) and pink makes me want to throw up. xD Except for pink marshmallows. Those things are ******* bomb. ♥ I vote that we make the Compendium blue. 8D

Can you do multiple park runs at once?

If by 'park', you mean Safari Zone, then no; just one at a time~

Velocity
06-27-2011, 03:57 AM
*color. Learn to spell, you Brit. ;D <3

I see where you're coming from. I'm a girl (le gasp, Jenn reveled her gender) and pink makes me want to throw up. xD Except for pink marshmallows. Those things are ******* bomb. ♥ I vote that we make the Compendium blue. 8D

If by 'park', you mean Safari Zone, then no; just one at a time~

YES JEN YES. Blue compendium would be <3

But really I DO have a question.
Does dodging take up an action?

paperfairy
06-27-2011, 04:10 AM
YES JEN YES. Blue compendium would be <3

But really I DO have a question.
Does dodging take up an action?
I'll do blue tomorrow. And yes, it does.

Velocity
06-27-2011, 04:13 AM
So a failed dodge takes up an action also? Sorry about my constant nonsense questions; I just want to have things set before I get them posted.

paperfairy
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I think that's all really up to the ref and how the trainer commands the attack. But generally, I would say that a failed action still USES an action.

3m0d0ll
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
So a failed dodge takes up an action also? Sorry about my constant nonsense questions; I just want to have things set before I get them posted.

Yep. For example, if a Pokemon uses Hydro Pump and it misses, then they still used up an action trying to use it. Catch my drift? c:

Velocity
06-28-2011, 07:50 PM
If we're allowed to command special moves (eg: spin to dodge, then use Thunderbolt) then:

"Tsu, when Azumarill gets close with Rollout, Leaf Blade it to halt the Rollout attack!"

I picture it as the Azumarill getting close with Rollout and then Tsu using Leaf Blade to hit Azuma while its using Rollout but before it hits Tsu.

If not:

"Leaf Blade once more, Tsu!"

I'm planning on rangering this; I just want to know if it would be legit to go that route before I actually go off and post. Pretty sure it passes, but that's just me.

3m0d0ll
06-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm planning on rangering this; I just want to know if it would be legit to go that route before I actually go off and post. Pretty sure it passes, but that's just me.

Your question... it makes no sense... xDD

Velocity
06-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Your question... it makes no sense... xDD

I mean, would the bit stated in bold (the Snivy using Leaf Blade to block a Rollout) be legit? Could the Leaf Blade in fact block the Rollout?

paperfairy
06-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I mean, would the bit stated in bold (the Snivy using Leaf Blade to block a Rollout) be legit? Could the Leaf Blade in fact block the Rollout?
That's up to you and your job as a ref!

Velocity
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
LOOK AT THAT NIGHT SLASH. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3308663&postcount=7)

Somebody else needs to try calcing that, because there is NO FREAKING WAY it does 58% Damage. This defies all logic. Can someone tell me what I did wrong, even though I am pretty sure I did it correctly?

CM
06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm just extremely curious, but is there any other way besides the Veteran Member Compensation and just being extremely lucky in the Safari Zone to get shinies? Like, is it possible to maybe buy one from the Adoption Center?

3m0d0ll
06-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm just extremely curious, but is there any other way besides the Veteran Member Compensation and just being extremely lucky in the Safari Zone to get shinies? Like, is it possible to maybe buy one from the Adoption Center?

I did shiny rolls for the past AIM events and there may be events in the future where Shinnies are given. Also, shops that in some way give away Pokemon are supposed to do Shiny rolls, aside from the Adoption Center because there is no 'Clerk' to do a roll; you just come in, pick a 'Mon, pay, and Register. :P

LOOK AT THAT NIGHT SLASH. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3308663&postcount=7)

Somebody else needs to try calcing that, because there is NO FREAKING WAY it does 58% Damage. This defies all logic. Can someone tell me what I did wrong, even though I am pretty sure I did it correctly?

Recalculate it and bring this to Paperfairy's attention.

paperfairy
06-30-2011, 11:32 PM

It's because its a critical hit and at that point in the battle, Mantyke's DEF is 1. The damage formula adjusts BP based on DEF/SPDEF, with a stat that low, you're getting nailed pretty hard.

Beartic Tundra
07-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Will there be a July 4th event?

3m0d0ll
07-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Will there be a July 4th event?

We were actually just talking about that. Or at least I was with Justin. xD I'm not sure, since it's a holiday that, to my knowledge, is only celebrated in America. We might not, though. :I Especially since it's not very far away and I, the only reliably active ASB Mod, am busy all this week - too busy to organize something other than ANOTHER cheesy AIM event, which are getting boring, imo. D;

Saraibre Ryu
07-01-2011, 08:09 AM
If someone were going to be inactive for awhile while having unfinished battles, would those battles be postponed or something until the person came back?

3m0d0ll
07-01-2011, 09:44 AM
If someone were going to be inactive for awhile while having unfinished battles, would those battles be postponed or something until the person came back?
Majority of the time, yes, but if you say in your leaving post that you want to keep the battles open, then we probably will, unless you'll be gone for more then a few weeks.

Velocity
07-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Wanted to make sure of this so I didn't make a total nincompoop of myself before I posted...
Swift, Aerial Ace, etc always hit the target, right? Even with Double Team?

3m0d0ll
07-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Wanted to make sure of this so I didn't make a total nincompoop of myself before I posted...
Swift, Aerial Ace, etc always hit the target, right? Even with Double Team?
Effect of Swift in the Compendium: "Regardless of accuracy roll, this action will hit target."

Temporal Diamond
07-03-2011, 06:37 AM
I have a question. If I use Sleep Talk when my Pokemon is asleep during the battle, do I get to choose which move comes out or is there some formula to it? Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question, I'm quite new around here. ;_;

3m0d0ll
07-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I have a question. If I use Sleep Talk when my Pokemon is asleep during the battle, do I get to choose which move comes out or is there some formula to it? Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question, I'm quite new around here. ;_;
The Ref decides using the RNG.

CM
07-04-2011, 01:46 AM
1) What is RNG? I'm still not sure what that means.
2) Is there a place in ASB to change a Pokémon's nickname? Like if you want to change one on your team already or if you buy or trade one that already has a nickname that you don't want it to have.
3) I don't mean to sound rude, but why is there slim to no updates in the Safari Zone? Some haven't been updated in weeks.

Saraibre Ryu
07-04-2011, 01:51 AM
2) Is there a place in ASB to change a Pokémon's nickname? Like if you want to change one on your team already or if you buy or trade one that already has a nickname that you don't want it to have.
3) I don't mean to sound rude, but why is there slim to no updates in the Safari Zone? Some haven't been updated in weeks.

1: RNG = Random Number Generator
2: I believe you can just change a Pokemon's nickname on your own.
3: Can't answer that one for ya.

Lord Fedora
07-04-2011, 01:54 AM

It's short for Random Number Generator, used for random chance effects like Thunderbolt paralyzing and for accuracy.

To my knowledge, no. Nicknames aren't exactly an important thing, so I'm fairly certain, unless someone says something otherwise, you can just change a mon's nickname any time you want.

We fully understand your impatience. I personally can't say what the problem is, as I'm not generally involved in that, but I do apologize for the inconvenience.

CM
07-04-2011, 02:04 AM
To my knowledge, no. Nicknames aren't exactly an important thing, so I'm fairly certain, unless someone says something otherwise, you can just change a mon's nickname any time you want.

So if I were to by a Pokémon from the Used-Pokémon Dealership that had a nickname, could I just change or get rid of it? Or would I have to register it with the nickname and then change the nickname?

Lord Fedora
07-04-2011, 03:01 AM
So if I were to by a Pokémon from the Used-Pokémon Dealership that had a nickname, could I just change or get rid of it? Or would I have to register it with the nickname and then change the nickname?
You don't need to use the same nickname when registering.

Beartic Tundra
07-04-2011, 04:17 AM
When a poke is asleep, and has 6 actions left, is that total actions?

Ex: Poke A (SLP for 6 actions)
Poke B attacks (Poke A SLP - 5 actions)

or

Poke A (SLP > 6 actions)
Poke B attacks
Poke A rolls, still SLP (SLP > 5 actions)

3m0d0ll
07-04-2011, 04:44 AM
It's short for Random Number Generator, used for random chance effects like Thunderbolt paralyzing and for accuracy.

/Adding to Nate's answer. I, personally, use Random.org (http://www.random.org). :P
When a poke is asleep, and has 6 actions left, is that total actions?

Ex: Poke A (SLP for 6 actions)
Poke B attacks (Poke A SLP - 5 actions)

or

Poke A (SLP > 6 actions)
Poke B attacks
Poke A rolls, still SLP (SLP > 5 actions)

I don't understand the question..?

Saraibre Ryu
07-04-2011, 04:49 AM
/Adding to Nate's answer. I, personally, use Random.org (http://www.random.org). :P

I don't understand the question..?

I do believe he's asking if the Pokemon remains asleep for six actions completely without rolls or does he roll to see if the Pokemon awakens for each action.

CM
07-04-2011, 05:01 AM
I do believe he's asking if the Pokemon remains asleep for six actions completely without rolls or does he roll to see if the Pokemon awakens for each action.

No. I was talking to him about this over AIM. He's asking if the Pokemon stays asleep if it fails it rolls for six of it's actions alone or six actions total done by both Pokemon (three actions each and then the asleep Pokemon wakes up). Or that's what I understood from our conversation.

Beartic Tundra
07-04-2011, 05:04 AM
No. I was talking to him about this over AIM. He's asking if the Pokemon stays asleep if it fails it rolls for six of it's actions alone or six actions total done by both Pokemon (three actions each and then the asleep Pokemon wakes up). Or that's what I understood from our conversation.

Yea that. Suck with words

3m0d0ll
07-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Yea that. Suck with words

I still don't completely understand the question. ; - ; Read the page in the Compendium entitled. "Copy of Statuses," and the Sleep column. If that doesn't clarify, then IM me on AIM and we'll sort things out. :]

Beartic Tundra
07-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I'm no trying to be rude, but I'm tired and irritable. It seems the default answer for any question regarding something being reffed is "Check the Compendium" as if we haven't already. It, like everything, has flaws and isn't the Great Big Book of Everything. And again, in reference to your battle, I don't appreciate being called out publicly like that. You easily could have PMed me.

CM
07-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Let me see if I can help any further. Let's say Pokemon A, a Rattata, is asleep. In the compendium, it says that a Pokemon that is asleep stays asleep for six actions unless it rolls to wake up. The ref rolls to see if it wakes up and it fails. Now, lets say that Pokemon B, a Shinx, uses a move that ups its stats. Does the ref roll for Rattata to wake up? Or, if Shinx attacks Rattata and does damage, does that count as one of the six actions that Rattata is asleep?

Does that help at all? If not, then I'll try again if needed since I know what Beartic is trying to ask.

3m0d0ll
07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm no trying to be rude, but I'm tired and irritable. It seems the default answer for any question regarding something being reffed is "Check the Compendium" as if we haven't already. It, like everything, has flaws and isn't the Great Big Book of Everything. And again, in reference to your battle, I don't appreciate being called out publicly like that. You easily could have PMed me.
Sorry, I'm just saying that the answer to a lot of the questions asked here can be found on the Compendium or in the Ref/Ranger handbook. :/

I'll take note that you want to be contacted via PM/IM about issues in the future.

Let me see if I can help any further. Let's say Pokemon A, a Rattata, is asleep. In the compendium, it says that a Pokemon that is asleep stays asleep for six actions unless it rolls to wake up. The ref rolls to see if it wakes up and it fails. Now, lets say that Pokemon B, a Shinx, uses a move that ups its stats. Does the ref roll for Rattata to wake up? Or, if Shinx attacks Rattata and does damage, does that count as one of the six actions that Rattata is asleep?

Does that help at all? If not, then I'll try again if needed since I know what Beartic is trying to ask.
Hmm, I think I get it now; the roll for a Pokemon to wake up is before it's action. So the wake up roll is twice per Round, regardless of what move Shinx uses (other than moves that wake up the sleeping Pokemon). Does that answer the question? D;

SLC
07-04-2011, 09:20 AM
When a ghost type uses Psycho Shift, does it also lose an extra -1 energy the action it's used? It says every action it's in the Psycho Shift form, so I assume the end of the turn counts as one? I dunno D:

3m0d0ll
07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
When a ghost type uses Psycho Shift, does it also lose an extra -1 energy the action it's used? It says every action it's in the Psycho Shift form, so I assume the end of the turn counts as one? I dunno D:

As the Ref, its up to you, but I'd say yes.

Elbub
07-04-2011, 11:14 AM

I think this has been answered, but I'll back it up and clear it up.

The rolls only apply for the Pokémon that is asleep actions. You don't roll on it's opponents actions. Ergo, as Jenn said, it's 2 rolls per round.

Velocity
07-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Can somebody please fix the damage cell for the Compendium? It got broken again. I swear, if you break it, there is this new thing called Ctrl-Z you should look into.

paperfairy
07-05-2011, 04:19 AM

Do you mean Phase Shift? If so, its every action that the Pokemon is ethereal, including opponent's actions.

pokemon a uses phase shift
pokemon b uses attack (-1 energy)
pokemon a uses lick (-1 energy)
pokemon b uses attack (-1 energy)

Elbub is right about sleeping Pokémon. How should it be reworded in the Compendium to avoid this issue?

murgle-flag
07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Do we get money if we win a contest? (When they're up). Because it says you win a ribbon but nothing about money...

CM
07-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm now confused. I'm seeing refs get paid at the end of a battle, $5 for every round reffed, and then getting paid once a week in the HQ. How exactly does that work?

3m0d0ll
07-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Do we get money if we win a contest? (When they're up). Because it says you win a ribbon but nothing about money...
Ask Nathan, lol.

I'm now confused. I'm seeing refs get paid at the end of a battle, $5 for every round reffed, and then getting paid once a week in the HQ. How exactly does that work?

Let's say a Senior Ref Reffs a three-round Battle in one week. Once the battle is over and the participants are paid, the Ref will receive $15 ($5 per Round * 3 Rounds). Then, since he's a Sr. Ref, he'll receive $10+$5+$5, which is $20. So, for Reffing that battle, he'll ultimately receive $35. Get it? :)

CM
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Let's say a Senior Ref Reffs a three-round Battle in one week. Once the battle is over and the participants are paid, the Ref will receive $15 ($5 per Round * 3 Rounds). Then, since he's a Sr. Ref, he'll receive $10+$5+$5, which is $20. So, for Reffing that battle, he'll ultimately receive $35. Get it? :)

Kinda. I was talking to Beartic about it and he didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say and that he only get's paid the $5 for reffing the first round in a battle and $4 for every round after that, but then I saw that refs were getting paid at the end of battles (the $5 per round) and I was trying to explain that in a way a ref gets paid twice for the same battle. Does that make sense? And it's $5 per round at the end of the battle no matter what rank of ref you are? (trying to learn all these things before I hopefully become a ref after the test update X3)

3m0d0ll
07-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Kinda. I was talking to Beartic about it and he didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say and that he only get's paid the $5 for reffing the first round in a battle and $4 for every round after that, but then I saw that refs were getting paid at the end of battles (the $5 per round) and I was trying to explain that in a way a ref gets paid twice for the same battle. Does that make sense? And it's $5 per round at the end of the battle no matter what rank of ref you are? (trying to learn all these things before I hopefully become a ref after the test update X3)
Since he's a Jr. Ref, he gets $5 for the first Round he Reffs each week, and $4 for every Round that follows, as readable here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3251452&postcount=1).

CM
07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Since he's a Jr. Ref, he gets $5 for the first Round he Reffs each week, and $4 for every Round that follows, as readable here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3251452&postcount=1).

I understand that, but what about say I become a junior ref and in a battle, I ref all... four rounds. Then what would the payment be at the end of that battle? At the end of the week, if that was all the reffing I did, I'd get paid $17. But the payments at the end of battles vs the payment at the end of the week is still a tad confusing...

3m0d0ll
07-05-2011, 10:16 PM
I understand that, but what about say I become a junior ref and in a battle, I ref all... four rounds. Then what would the payment be at the end of that battle? At the end of the week, if that was all the reffing I did, I'd get paid $17. But the payments at the end of battles vs the payment at the end of the week is still a tad confusing...

If you become a Ref (automatically Jr. until you are promoted) and you Referee four Rounds of a battle in a week, but the battle isn't over yet, then you don't receive the $5-per-Round bonus--that's additional pay that is only given once the battle has been completed and is ready to be locked. You would receive $17 ($5+$4+$4+$4) at the end of the week. The $5 per Round bonus can be given out at any time during the week, but only when the battle is completed. Now do you get it? :>

CM
07-05-2011, 10:28 PM
If you become a Ref (automatically Jr. until you are promoted) and you Referee four Rounds of a battle in a week, but the battle isn't over yet, then you don't receive the $5-per-Round bonus--that's additional pay that is only given once the battle has been completed and is ready to be locked. You would receive $17 ($5+$4+$4+$4) at the end of the week. The $5 per Round bonus can be given out at any time during the week, but only when the battle is completed. Now do you get it? :>

Yes I do. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me, Jenn :3

Lord Fedora
07-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes, there will be cash prizes for Contests. The reason there is no official posting of how much a win is worth is because it's going to vary based on size. Bigger Contests mean bigger prizes.

MoonKit
07-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Can somebody please fix the damage cell for the Compendium? It got broken again. I swear, if you break it, there is this new thing called Ctrl-Z you should look into.

Agreeing with Velocity's question; people keep changing the USER/TARGET thing and they are actually messing with the stats now. Pokemon one had 8 set as its attack instead of it being some random set of words and numbers.

Lonnie Ingwersen
07-16-2011, 01:52 PM
At the moment i am trying to practise reffing some battles but i do not understand these affairs,
the first and most main one is the the energy level for the Pokemons moves, i have checked the complete compendium and attacking moves don't have any but when i check some battles they are counted as N amount,
the second thing i would like you guys to answer is the dice affair, how does it work?

Elbub
07-16-2011, 02:48 PM
When you calculate the damage in the compendium, it gives you the energy usage. It's the big purple box right below the total damage.

Use a random number generator. Like this one (http://www.random.org/).

Beartic Tundra
07-16-2011, 07:37 PM
The calculator has been broken again. Pokemon 1 does not have a SPATK and both names are stuck at gardevoir and shedinja. That's all that I noticed while trying to use it

KantoBreeder
07-16-2011, 08:26 PM
The calculator has been broken again. Pokemon 1 does not have a SPATK and both names are stuck at gardevoir and shedinja. That's all that I noticed while trying to use it
I've fixed everything I can by copying and pasting from a copy. I'm afraid that the Sp. Attack box still isn't working; don't know what's gone wrong there.

paperfairy
07-18-2011, 06:22 AM
Fixed....

sammy0295
07-23-2011, 04:41 PM
The shiny bonus for battles, is that per shiny, or just a one time thing?

Oh and, in the ASB Handbook, it says I require a pulse to be a ref. You openly discriminate against Vampires and other Undead creatures?! What's next, banning Centaurs?

paperfairy
07-23-2011, 05:14 PM
1) One time deal. I don't know anybody in the ASB who has two shinies....

2) Yep. One of my rights as the guy in charge. :P

Beartic Tundra
07-23-2011, 07:16 PM

So wait... You discriminate against Undead creatures and Centaurs. But what about an outcast angel? Technically, we still have pulses. Just eratic and sometimes missing

paperfairy
07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
At the time of test submission, individual must have a pulse.

sammy0295
07-24-2011, 01:38 PM

I do. A Ledyba from the Veteran Compensation and a Torkoal from the Clefairy hunt thingy.

Beartic Tundra
07-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I do. A Ledyba from the Veteran Compensation and a Torkoal from the Clefairy hunt thingy.

I vote that we string him up by his toes, pull out the cat of nine tails, and go to town on his couch

paperfairy
07-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I vote that we string him up by his toes, pull out the cat of nine tails, and go to town on his couch
I'll leave this to you. ^_^

3m0d0ll
07-24-2011, 08:07 PM

Pervert.

sammy0295
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM

I'd rather you didn't. And I'm a her.

Lord Fedora
07-24-2011, 09:20 PM
... you just went and dropped a reverse Bridget on me.

Dino
07-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Can two people use a compendium at the same time?

Because while I was using it someone else began to use it and change the fields I had previously entered in.

CM
07-28-2011, 01:00 AM
From what I've seen, no. Only one person can use the compendium at any time. Which is rather annoying, but I'm not sure if anything can be done about it.

paperfairy
07-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Only one person at a time. There is a fix on the way.

Lord Fedora
07-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Only one person at a time. There is a fix on the way.
But, until then, I'm going to add to this that if someone else is already using the Compendium, please wait until they're finished before going ahead. I doubt it's much of a problem and would hope that those of you who have run into that so far have been polite and waited your turn, but I just want to make sure that that's clear.

CM
07-29-2011, 05:54 AM
Is it just me, or is the Compendium not working again? I tried putting different numbers in for the Pokemon, wanting to give myself a trial run before trying the test again, but nothing happened. Well, the types changed, but that's about it. The name of the Pokemon didn't change and neither did the stats. Also, when putting in numbers to add to or take away from the stats, that didn't seem to have an affect either. So is it broken again?

Temporal Diamond
07-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Just to make sure before I make a fool out of myself (I'm still a rookie at this, so I might ask stupid questions xD), we can't use Pokemon currently in a battle to go to the Safari Zone right?

CM
07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I see that the problem was fixed, but now when I put in a number for the DEF stat it doesn't change the basic stat. One thing is fixed and another thing messes up. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Or is it just my computer?

EDIT: When I put in a stat change for Pokemon 1 for DEF, nothing happens. But when I put one in for Pokemon 2, both of their DEF stats change.

White Knight
07-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I see that the problem was fixed, but now when I put in a number for the DEF stat it doesn't change the basic stat. One thing is fixed and another thing messes up. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Or is it just my computer?

EDIT: When I put in a stat change for Pokemon 1 for DEF, nothing happens. But when I put one in for Pokemon 2, both of their DEF stats change.

I'm actually not sure if this would work, but if you wanted to add one def, isn't that same as subtracting one from the attack of 2? Just my thoughts, didn't actually test it.

3m0d0ll
07-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Just to make sure before I make a fool out of myself (I'm still a rookie at this, so I might ask stupid questions xD), we can't use Pokemon currently in a battle to go to the Safari Zone right?
There's no rule against it.

CM
07-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm actually not sure if this would work, but if you wanted to add one def, isn't that same as subtracting one from the attack of 2? Just my thoughts, didn't actually test it.

I doubt it is. There's a formula for it, but I don't know what the formula is. It is defiantly not that simple from what I've seen.

KantoBreeder
07-29-2011, 09:43 PM
It should be fixed now.

paperfairy
07-30-2011, 02:11 AM
I am almost positive that somebody is purposely messing up the calculator just about every day. I am working on and I have finished a solution, but as of right now, we're testing it to make sure it doesn't have any bugs.

Your complaints are NOT falling on deaf ears. As soon as we find and squish all the bugs, we'll get this thing rolled out.

Matter of fact, if you want to help in the closed beta, shoot me a PM.

CM
07-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Pokemon A uses a move that causes a status change (like BRN).
Pokemon B uses Magic Coat to send the status back to Pokemon A.
Pokemon A had a condition that if the moved worked, use Tackle. If not, then use Poison Sting.

What would be the result in this situation?

paperfairy
07-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Plain and simple - did the move work? Put yourself in the Pokémon's position: would you consider it successful?

CM
07-30-2011, 03:08 AM
That's what I originally thought, but wasn't totally sure.

sammy0295
08-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Would it be reasonable/possible/ect. to have a business that would make a Pokemon shiny? Of course I'm sure it would have a chance to fail and a pretty hefty price.

3m0d0ll
08-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Would it be reasonable/possible/ect. to have a business that would make a Pokemon shiny? Of course I'm sure it would have a chance to fail and a pretty hefty price.
Write something up and post it in the Dragon's Den, and we'll see. :)

sammy0295
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Write something up and post it in the Dragon's Den, and we'll see. :)

Alright. One thing though, since I'm rather clueless on such things, approximately how much do you think that would have to cost?

CM
08-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Who keeps messing with the Compendium? I go in there to change a Pokémon, and everything changes but the name of that Pokémon. Now that shouldn't keep me from reffing, but it's an annoyance that bugs me. So far I haven't noticed anything else that doesn't appear to be working.

EDIT: How is Taunt supposed to work? I've never seen it used... *feels like a total noobie referee*

Saraibre Ryu
08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Is it still possible to apply for a Gym?

3m0d0ll
08-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Alright. One thing though, since I'm rather clueless on such things, approximately how much do you think that would have to cost?

Ehhh, I'd say around $20-$30 should work. P:

Who keeps messing with the Compendium? I go in there to change a Pokémon, and everything changes but the name of that Pokémon. Now that shouldn't keep me from reffing, but it's an annoyance that bugs me. So far I haven't noticed anything else that doesn't appear to be working.

EDIT: How is Taunt supposed to work? I've never seen it used... *feels like a total noobie referee*

We don't know who keeps messing with it and we're working on a way to fix it, now.

Taunt: "For three to five actions, including the current action, attempts by target to perform actions that do not deal damage will fail. Effect ends when target is replaced." <--
-- Directly from the Compendium.

@Sabi: Yep.

CM
08-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Taunt: "For three to five actions, including the current action, attempts by target to perform actions that do not deal damage will fail. Effect ends when target is replaced." <-- Directly from the Compendium.

I know that's from the Compendium. I read that from it. But I still don't understand it. I don't know how else to explain I don't get what that means.

EDIT: I mean, I don't understand how to ref that. Like how many actions it would remain in place, how to determine if the non-damaging move failed or not, and what to do if the move failed. Would I roll for a damaging move? I don't understand.

3m0d0ll
08-02-2011, 08:48 PM
I know that's from the Compendium. I read that from it. But I still don't understand it. I don't know how else to explain I don't get what that means.

EDIT: I mean, I don't understand how to ref that. Like how many actions it would remain in place, how to determine if the non-damaging move failed or not, and what to do if the move failed. Would I roll for a damaging move? I don't understand.

Ah, okay! I thought you didn't know what Taunt did! :P

How many actions it's in place: 3-5, depending on your RNG roll.

How to determine if the non-damaging move failed or not: Is it a Special, Physical, or Status move? Only the first two will work while Taunt is in effect.

What to do if the move failed: If Taunt is in effect and I use... Sleep Powder, then you'd subtract Energy for Sleep Powder and Sleep Powder would fail - you don't roll for a damaging move.

paperfairy
08-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Look at what I found in the Referee Manual!

When a move fails, all damage and effects of any kind regarding the move do not come into play. Rather, the Energy is subtracted as if the move had been used.

Velocity
08-08-2011, 02:40 AM
Hey, guys?
What happens when you Encore someone using Substitute, exactly?

paperfairy
08-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Great question.

Velocity used Sub!
paperfairy used Encore!
Velocity used Sub! A sub is already in play, it fails.
paperfairy uses SHOOP DA WHOOP! Substitute is broken.
Velocity used Sub! A sub is not in play, it does not fail.

Make sense?

White Knight
08-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Bah, I feel like such a spammer.

Why do you have to be a ref to be a ranger? Isn't being a ranger easier than reffing?

Dino
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Bah, I feel like such a spammer.

Why do you have to be a ref to be a ranger? Isn't being a ranger easier than reffing?

In the safari zone, pokemon battle.
So in order to ref a battle in the safari zone you must know how to ref a battle.
Hence you must be a ref in order to be a ranger.

Rangering is not easier it is just quicker, because each pokemon only get's one action instead of two.

Velocity
08-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Do you guys know when the Judging Test will be up?

paperfairy
08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Oh wait, Contests? Entirely Lord Fedora's domain.

Lord Fedora
08-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Soon. My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting Contests up and running.

Saraibre Ryu
08-10-2011, 11:14 PM

To add: Most likely after the first contest event, which should be happening soon.

In the mean time, I've been given the go ahead to open up the Trial Hall for contest practice during times of an absent contest event. You may locate the Trial Hall here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3325586#post3325586).

Foxamivalth
08-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Can a pokemon that learn a sig move (I mean the
move is approved when the battle is in progress)
during a battle can use it in a battle?

And, does the sig move remains or removed when
the pokemon evolves?

Lord Fedora
08-11-2011, 06:09 AM
No, you're only allowed to use a Pokemon's sig move in battles it enters after it's approved.

Yes, the move automatically carries over.