PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With My Team

Kingrewt
01-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi, I need help choosing my team in Soul Silver. I am soon going to start some intense levelling but do not if I have the right team. They are

Meganium lvl 33
Solar Beam
Synthesis
Petal Dance
Magical Leaf

Machamp lvl 34
Revenge
Seismic Toss
Rock Smash ( stupid mistake teaching that)
Vital Throw

Houndoom lvl 35
Fire Fang
Shadow Ball
Bite
Odour Sleuth

Alakzam lvl 33
Teleport
reflect
Recover
Pysbeam

Red Gyrados lvl 30
Bite
Dragon Rage
Leer
Twister

I don't what I should use as a sixth or if I should drop one of my other 5.

PS: Know some of the moves are bad and I do have access to pokemon pearl and Platinum if I need pokemon

Jake434
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Frankly, I can't help you much, but you could just experiment on a few different teams to see which you like. Also, you should get the Gyarados to learn Ice Fang soon, especially if you haven't beaten Claire yet and get an electric or ground type because you will need it after the 16 badges.

You should probably drop the Machamp, and I like having Hypno instead of Alakazam. Mostly cause it has more psychic moves and you're really only missing out on Psycho Cut.

Those are just my thoughts. You'll probably drop one anyways for Lugia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Main Soulsilver Team:
Typhlosion Lv56
Hypno Lv53
Lugia Lv56
Ho-Oh Lv77
Ampharos Lv56
JolteonLv51

Curious
02-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Hi, I need help choosing my team in Soul Silver. I am soon going to start some intense levelling but do not if I have the right team. They are

Meganium lvl 33
Solar Beam < Replace Solar Beam with Protect.
Synthesis < Leech Seed.
Petal Dance < Replace petal dance with Toxic.
Magical Leaf < I suggest replacing this with Reflect to ensure meganium can hold itself against special moves.

With the moves I've given you, it enables Meganium to leech seed it's oponent, gaining health evey turn, reflect and up it's defense, Toxic to inflic some lasting deep damage and Protct for prtecting the opponents attakcs. This way if you get hit you only suffer minor dmage, and get healed at the end of your turn and inflic damge to your opponent heavily.

Machamp lvl 34
Revenge < Replace with Cross Chop.
Seismic Toss < Replace with Thunder punch or Stone Edge to counte against flying types.
Rock Smash < Replace with Dynamic punch so if it hits it will be able to confuse your opponent.
Vital Throw < Replace with either Ice punch or Fire Punch for extra variety and type coverage.

Houndoom lvl 35
Fire Fang < Use Flamethrower instead, it is much stronger.Shadow Ball
Bite < Replace with Crunch or Darkpulse.
Odour Sleuth

Alakzam lvl 33
Teleport < Get rid of teleport for something like Phsycic.
reflect < Keep relfect or replace with Trick since Meganium can just have relfect instead.
Recover
Pysbeam < Replace with Hypnosis or Energy Ball for bug type coverage.

Red Gyrados lvl 30
Bite > Replace for Ice Fang.
Dragon Rage
Leer > Replace for Waterfall.
Twister > Replace for Dragon Dance.

I suggest training a an Ampharos since an Electric type will be great escpecially for the elite for. You could also train for a Rypherior like I have in my HG.

All changes made in bold above.