PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand my lack of levels

Kamoosekazi
01-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I just got to Kanto, and I seem to be under leveled...
All my pokemon are 38-44... upon encountering Lt Surge (he's such a ***** with his double teaming squad that you can't hit) I've been upset with the idea that his Raichu is 51, and I had to solo him with a level 42 Piloswine with Choice Scarf to try and attempt to out speed all his pokemon.

Meanwhile I would love to try and grind, but all the nearby wild pokemon are level 12-30 and all the trainers are using 35ish pokemon...

I've taken out all the outlying routes of Saffron and Lavender... this whole "grinding" experience sucks...

Teo
01-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm fairly sure you can move on with out actually having to battle him? So just keep going around visiting other places and raising your Pokemon's levels!

It's a shame they took away the Vs Seeker or didn't introduce it to HGSS because it would make leveling soo much easier.

Kamoosekazi
01-10-2011, 08:45 AM
I actually solo'd him with said Piloswine >.>
I'm more afraid of the next few battles: Sabrina, Misty, Erika, etc... some of my pokemon are specialized in taking them out, but I don't want to be soloing them with under level pokemon and relying on that ONLY one specialized pokemon, then finding I'm too weak to take on the elite four again.

There's gotta be a place nearby with trainers to grind off of. or at least wild pokemon with decent exp gain...

And yes... i want the VS Seeker -.-
I'm tired of waiting for a phone call... then that phone call is in Johto =.=

Teo
01-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Trust me, you will be under leveled against the E4 again. Especially against Lance who will easily be 30+ levels from where you are now.

I can't exactly remember where I trained at to level up, but your best bet right now is to just go around the rest of Kanto just beating the Trainers. As well as all the ones inside the Gyms before taking on any Gym Leaders.

Kamoosekazi
01-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I have yet to skip a trainer... so... ya, I guess I'll check back in when I get to the E4 and can't beat them due to lack in levels...

Prob get someone to level my **** for me via rare candies..

Mr420
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I have yet to skip a trainer... so... ya, I guess I'll check back in when I get to the E4 and can't beat them due to lack in levels...

Prob get someone to level my **** for me via rare candies. .

no disrespect but thats one of the biggest mistakes any can make..
Rare Candy-ing your mons wont bring the best outcome.. what you need is someone to properly EV train your mons (& im just assuming you havent) and only then should you rare candy to what ever level you want after.
If you have a "lucky egg" and if you've caught all your mons yourself you should easily level up quicker than quick.
but if you want I'd gladly Properly EV train a set of 6 for you just so you can have a battle worthy team at your disposal.

Kamoosekazi
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh dang... I completely misread your post Mr420!

You OFFERED to EV train a party of 6....
I apologize, I'm currently running on 15minutes of sleep for the past 50 hours >.>

If you really want to, sure... however I do like my party make-up right now D:
What would you do? Breed, train, level?

Dartz
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I just got to Kanto, and I seem to be under leveled...
All my pokemon are 38-44... upon encountering Lt Surge (he's such a ***** with his double teaming squad that you can't hit) I've been upset with the idea that his Raichu is 51, and I had to solo him with a level 42 Piloswine with Choice Scarf to try and attempt to out speed all his pokemon.

Meanwhile I would love to try and grind, but all the nearby wild pokemon are level 12-30 and all the trainers are using 35ish pokemon...

I've taken out all the outlying routes of Saffron and Lavender... this whole "grinding" experience sucks...
Every you battled with every trainer and wild pokemons?
Because they're the main source to increase your Pokemon's Level

Mr420
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh dang... I completely misread your post Mr420!

You OFFERED to EV train a party of 6....
I apologize, I'm currently running on 15minutes of sleep for the past 50 hours >.>

If you really want to, sure... however I do like my party make-up right now D:
What would you do? Breed, train, level?

yeah dude you probably did, but its ok. I do infact recall helping you trade mons into your HG..

I do it all Breed, EV train & Level i'll gladly do it for you you seem cool and yeah my offer still stands I'll breed what ever set of 6 mons you want with what ever moves and EV spread for you to use in your games as you wish.

if you dont have an idea just name 6 mons & let me know if you want them to be S ATKer/Phi ATKer/ or WALLs
Im certain me & my clan members can also come up with something that will terminate anything the game throws @ you.

C_5QU4R3D
01-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes you could also check out the trading section of this forum and check for some nice bloke to train you up a team of 6 but fortunately for you you have mr420.

Rival Silver
01-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Lol, this is my problem way back when.

Going against Clair with my hugely underleveld mon. Mainly the Kingdra being resistant to my attacks. So I go grinding and of course I find lvl 12-15 mons. These arent gonna help me defeat a, what? lvl 42 or something Kingdra.

BUT AFTER A LONG JOURNEY I FINALLY GOT 2 LEVELS ON ONLY ONE POKMEON AND JUST WENT SCREW IT, ILL MASS POTIONS AND REVIVES.

Kamoosekazi
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Lol, this is my problem way back when.

Going against Clair with my hugely underleveld mon. Mainly the Kingdra being resistant to my attacks. So I go grinding and of course I find lvl 12-15 mons. These arent gonna help me defeat a, what? lvl 42 or something Kingdra.

BUT AFTER A LONG JOURNEY I FINALLY GOT 2 LEVELS ON ONLY ONE POKMEON AND JUST WENT SCREW IT, ILL MASS POTIONS AND REVIVES.

I see this happening very soon -.-

Every you battled with every trainer and wild pokemons?
Because they're the main source to increase your Pokemon's Level
I do... but hte wild pokemon in Kanto are lower leveled than even some of my boxed mons...

yeah dude you probably did, but its ok. I do infact recall helping you trade mons into your HG..

I do it all Breed, EV train & Level i'll gladly do it for you you seem cool and yeah my offer still stands I'll breed what ever set of 6 mons you want with what ever moves and EV spread for you to use in your games as you wish.

if you dont have an idea just name 6 mons & let me know if you want them to be S ATKer/Phi ATKer/ or WALLs
Im certain me & my clan members can also come up with something that will terminate anything the game throws @ you.

I have a set up I would like to try out, I'll send you a list in a PM :D

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
I actually solo'd him with said Piloswine >.>
I'm more afraid of the next few battles: Sabrina, Misty, Erika, etc... some of my pokemon are specialized in taking them out, but I don't want to be soloing them with under level pokemon and relying on that ONLY one specialized pokemon, then finding I'm too weak to take on the elite four again.

There's gotta be a place nearby with trainers to grind off of. or at least wild pokemon with decent exp gain...

And yes... i want the VS Seeker -.-
I'm tired of waiting for a phone call... then that phone call is in Johto =.=

Sabrina and Misty are both easy.

Honestly, have you battled the Elite 4 multiple times, or did you just plow through them once and stop? I suggest fighting them several times to level up the 'mons.

Dark Moonlight
01-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Sabrina and Misty are both easy.

Honestly, have you battled the Elite 4 multiple times, or did you just plow through them once and stop? I suggest fighting them several times to level up the 'mons.
I have a team of powerful Pokémon, but second try on the Elite Four? Lance is unbeatable yet. So I'm trying to beat the crap out of Red right now. But my Pokémon are sooo underleveled and they always have been, don't worry about it. Training Pokémon, yes, it is a bother, but I do it.

(And get annoyed with it cause they get tiny amounts of EXP D:)

Kamoosekazi
01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't like to lose... so I reset my game if a trainer beats me.
lol
it's win, or go home... the idea of losing to an NPC is not in my vocabulary

I understand the training aspect, i spent ~10-12 hours training in Victory Road and the route 23... but that is such a pain in the ass just to get 5-6 levels on each member of my team... hell I had to use 6 Rare Candy on my Feraligatr to get him to lvl40 just to combat Ho-oh.

It just really seems like this Generation of games is lacking in the level advancement department during the storyline... mostly cause I had troubles in Diamond also, but the VS Seeker helped soooo much with that.

Tombi
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
That always happened to me, and I could never understand it until I decided to not immediately go for a full team at the start of the game. In D/P, I (eventually) managed to beat Cynthia with level 45s, and it was horrendous, but that was because I had a full team right at the start and was sharing out valuable exp between six monsters and not getting very high in levels. I recently restarted my SS and stuck with only two Pokemon at the start of the game, and I never had any trouble with having to go back and level up more due to not being able to beat a gym or whatever. O:
It also helped me stick with the game longer, and I challenged Red for the first ever time and beat him. All the hype about him on the internet is nonsense! xD

Jake434
01-12-2011, 10:23 PM
That always happened to me, and I could never understand it until I decided to not immediately go for a full team at the start of the game. In D/P, I (eventually) managed to beat Cynthia with level 45s, and it was horrendous, but that was because I had a full team right at the start and was sharing out valuable exp between six monsters and not getting very high in levels. I recently restarted my SS and stuck with only two Pokemon at the start of the game, and I never had any trouble with having to go back and level up more due to not being able to beat a gym or whatever. O:
It also helped me stick with the game longer, and I challenged Red for the first ever time and beat him. All the hype about him on the internet is nonsense! xD

Red is quite easy, but I only got him after I evolved my Piloswine. I amazingly found a heart scale with a Luvdisc during a swarm. I actually got an OHKO with Mamoswine against his Pikachu with EQ and Mamoswine was only level 43. The team I beat Red with was:
TyphlosionLv 57
Ampharos Lv 56
Mamoswine Lv 43
Ho-Oh(main) Lv 79
Groudon Lv 49
Jolteon Lv 54

If you want a moveset just send me a message.

I'm also breeding starters(except d/p/pt ones). SS code: 1720 9998 0906

Mr420
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't like to lose... so I reset my game if a trainer beats me.
lol
it's win, or go home... the idea of losing to an NPC is not in my vocabulary

hahaha i do the same thing. I never give my mons the chance to dislike me like that..ill keep an eye out for your PM

Kamoosekazi
01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Red is quite easy, but I only got him after I evolved my Piloswine. I amazingly found a heart scale with a Luvdisc during a swarm. I actually got an OHKO with Mamoswine against his Pikachu with EQ and Mamoswine was only level 43. The team I beat Red with was:
TyphlosionLv 57
Ampharos Lv 56
Mamoswine Lv 43
Ho-Oh(main) Lv 79
Groudon Lv 49
Jolteon Lv 54

If you want a moveset just send me a message.

I'm also breeding starters(except d/p/pt ones). SS code: 1720 9998 0906

I try my best to stay away from Ubers in my setup. But sometimes you need a good sweeper or wall lol
And the fact that you were lucky to have a level 70 Ho-oh.... lol

I breed (http://http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106236) most starters on my Diamond game along with some Wish Eevees and a few other odds and ends...
Had to stop for a bit due to work, school and WoW raiding... I might bring up my thread again in the near future :)

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I have a team of powerful Pokémon, but second try on the Elite Four? Lance is unbeatable yet. So I'm trying to beat the crap out of Red right now. But my Pokémon are sooo underleveled and they always have been, don't worry about it. Training Pokémon, yes, it is a bother, but I do it.

(And get annoyed with it cause they get tiny amounts of EXP D:)

It doesn't matter if you beat Lance or not. As long as you get a good portion of EXP per E4 run.

Ceromax
01-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Get a Lucky egg it Gives you 1.5x exp. to get it catch a stantler and a get a butterfree Put butterfree in first spot knock it out Put stantler in Second then teach it thief. then find route 13 and find the small patch of grass closed in by trees, go to your pokegear radio listen to the pokemon talk channel when mary says This is breaking news a swarm of *example pokemon* has decided to go to Route*example* If it doesnt say chansey go to your ds settings change it to 23:59 Then go back and when it asks to turn off say yes. Go to your game quickly then when the minute passes it will be 00:00 (the next day) And keep repeating until you see chansey. when you find chansey it will like be holding a lucky egg because of butterfrees Compoundeyes it Gives you 50% More chance of finding a item. when your in battle use stantlers theif and keep Repeating until you find lucky egg get 2-4 Just incase. then walk around kanto and find trainers and just battle them with the pokemon you need trained and you'll be fine. i did this in less then 30 minutes and i got my pokemon to level 60+ quick. When i got to mount silver i gained about 5 levels every 6-10 minutes and got to 80 rreally fast. So yep I hope you have a good Time Getting some lucky eggs ;)

Also with the Lucky egg battle the elite four.

You could also try Ev Training But this takes a while to do.

Mr420
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
^ this method is a surefire way to easily level up.
[but again I must say this] you could be at level 100 but with improper EV training you'll yield the same results.

Kamoosekazi
01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
^ this method is a surefire way to easily level up.
[but again I must say this] you could be at level 100 but with improper EV training you'll yield the same results.

naw, level 100s can sweep you through the game with or without proper EV training. The higher stats alone mixed with basic understanding of movesets can beat every NPC in the game.

Wifi battling strats are way different than NPC strats.

But ya, it does seem as though they want you to keep your party minimal at the begining of the game. However, I would prefer to use a full team of 6 before the first elite four because once you get there, there's no real way to level your weaker pokemon after you pass the victory road and clear out all the trainers.

Mr420
01-15-2011, 04:10 AM
from a personal perspective here's why I say what I say.
My Lake of Rage GDos .
I caught it & kloned it asap. the 1st time around I gave it an EV spread of 252 HP/252 ATK/6 Spe
sure enough the power was there both WiFi & NPC but I often lacked the speed I needed to perform the sweep I needed.
so I trashed it & KLoned my UT shiny- gave it a spread of 6 HP/252 ATK/252 Spe
This alone renderD the results I was looking for .
They were both one & the same nature & IVs but the EV training made all the diffence were it counted...
thats all im saying.

Trent Reznor
01-15-2011, 12:14 PM
From my lifeless perspective, I would've trained the starter as much as possible and Exp. Share'd. It worked for me, it worked for me.

Kamoosekazi
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
From my lifeless perspective, I would've trained the starter as much as possible and Exp. Share'd. It worked for me, it worked for me.

I rolf'd hard lol
I too am a lifeless person... I play WoW -.-