PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay

Altrius
01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi'yall.

Im big into Anime, especially Bleach. And if I'm honest, a dirty little secret of mine (Something I don't tell my mates ^^) Is the fact I would LOVE to attend a Cosplay one day, particualry a Bleach one, but Naruto's also in my heart. If I was to go, I would defo have to go as Grimmjow for bleach, and Killer Bee for naruto :)

Only thing is, I've never really looked at it too much. Anybody got any tips or groups that I could chat to, or if any of you are into Cosplay yourself would you be interested in chatting and such :) Just wondered how many people there are that do this kinda thing.

Winter
01-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Lol, I can't say I've ever cosplayed myself, but I want to and I know a TON of people who do. My Halloween group this year consisted of Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Sora from Kingdom Hearts(although said cosplayer didn't have enough gel or a flat iron to do her hair right) and Dr. Stein from Soul Eater(and also carried and Alucard cosplay around). I also know a guy who cosplays as KH's Roxas, and the cosplayer who does Edward Elric has a shihakusho, but no defined character to wear it for. Sadly, none of these people are on this site.

I dunno if you read Shonen Jump, but Tite Kubo was at the San Deigo comic con about two years back, and they interviewed him about what he saw, and he commented about a Grimmjow cosplayer who had a mirror stuck to his stomach to work as his Hollow hole, if you went down that path, you could try that or maybe black paper.

Megiddo Flame
02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
I want to Cosplay as Junpei from Digimon Frontier or Ed from Dinosaur king. Two characters a big guy like me could pull off PERFECTLY!

Kenny_C.002
02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I did Keiichi one year (nobody knew except for a rena cosplayer). Another year I did a generic Bleach shinigami.

NES2
02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Minecraft Cosplay. Nuff said.

http://minecraftsandbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/minecraft-blockhead.jpg

No, that's not me by the way. It's just the box I'll be wearing to every convention for the next 500 years.

Jet
02-22-2011, 03:19 AM
I've cosplayed Solid Snake once... in the box.

Peace Buyer
02-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I'ma cosplay as the [non-racist]Black version of Major Armstrong [/non racist] just imagin that :3

sado44
08-09-2011, 07:06 AM
any one has tried pokemon cosplay before?

i did before, but did not find the right Poké Ball:happy:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6149/5938470627_d44d3cd7e7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/miccostumes/5938470627/)
Pokemon Red Cosplay (http://www.flickr.com/photos/miccostumes/5938470627/)

Skeez
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Sora from Kingdom Hearts(although said cosplayer didn't have enough gel or a flat iron to do her hair right)
I stopped reading about here.

WHY would a girl chose to cosplay as Sora? Someone, please explain that too me? It makes absolutely no sense. At all. I mean come on, she could be Kairi, Naime, Yuffie, etc. Leave the male characters to the males. Please. It's not sexist, it's just common sense. -.-

Now, I don't cosplay myself, nor do I ever want to, but I know of a few people who do. In fact, I've been around a few people who have been cosplaying at the time. They talk like the characters, act like the characters... It's quite a frightening experience.

Kenny_C.002
08-13-2011, 02:48 AM

WHY would a girl chose to cosplay as Sora? Someone, please explain that too me? It makes absolutely no sense. At all. I mean come on, she could be Kairi, Naime, Yuffie, etc. Leave the male characters to the males. Please. It's not sexist, it's just common sense. -.-

Now, I don't cosplay myself, nor do I ever want to, but I know of a few people who do. In fact, I've been around a few people who have been cosplaying at the time. They talk like the characters, act like the characters... It's quite a frightening experience.
Girls are huge Kingdom Hearts fans, not guys. Secondarily, not many guys would want to dress as a feminine guy. It's more a girl thing to do that.

Skeez
08-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Girls are huge Kingdom Hearts fans, not guys. Secondarily, not many guys would want to dress as a feminine guy. It's more a girl thing to do that.

I'd definitely dress up as Sora, if I were to cosplay that is. And while girls are huge Kingdom Hearts fans, I know many a guy that love the series.

And Sora isn't a feminine guy. He slays heartless and carries round a huge blade made out of a key. Plus he's obviously having (or is going to have) relations with Kairi. Nothing feminine about him in the slightest.

Kenny_C.002
08-13-2011, 03:21 AM
I'd definitely dress up as Sora, if I were to cosplay that is. And while girls are huge Kingdom Hearts fans, I know many a guy that love the series.

And Sora isn't a feminine guy. He slays heartless and carries round a huge blade made out of a key. Plus he's obviously having (or is going to have) relations with Kairi. Nothing feminine about him in the slightest.
I don't think you're wrong to think that, but a lot of the guys know nothing about KH and see images of Sora...well that's how they felt. tbh, I actually think the key isn't that cool a weapon either, but I don't have much comments on this issue, since I've only played like 1 KH game (Chains of Memory IIRC).

So it's an issue of the average population and also the fact that few guys actually like KH that perpetuates this notion. Thus it ends up that girls tend to do the Sora cosplay. And tbh, I'd prefer the female Soras anyway. ;)

Skeez
08-13-2011, 03:34 AM
I don't think you're wrong to think that, but a lot of the guys know nothing about KH and see images of Sora...well that's how they felt. tbh, I actually think the key isn't that cool a weapon either, but I don't have much comments on this issue, since I've only played like 1 KH game (Chains of Memory IIRC).

So it's an issue of the average population and also the fact that few guys actually like KH that perpetuates this notion. Thus it ends up that girls tend to do the Sora cosplay. And tbh, I'd prefer the female Soras anyway. ;)

Ahh haha, well fair enough then. I can't really argue that I'd rather a female Sora (;)) but still, I do find it slightly absurd that she couldn't have just cosplayed as Kairi.

The Keyblade IS a pretty cool weapon. http://www.kingdomhearts3.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/kh2fm_83.png
Anyway with that all being said, all this talk of cosplaying has made me want to go grab a Riku costume from somewhere... >.>

Stardy
08-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm completely fine with females cosplaying as males, especially if they don't have big bulky builds, they can really pull them off, and make quite a cool costume. If they're dressing up as the character, it's obvious that they love the series, may as well let them express themselves. Also rule 63 is a fetish of mine so there's another reason.

It's the guys that dress up as somebody like Ivy from Soul Calibur that are well and truly disturbing.

Never tried it myself, probably never will be able to. The idea of spending tons of money on a costume I'll wear once doesn't appeal to me, plus none in my general area of England, but it does look like great fun, and a good way to hang out with friends. If I did go, I'd probably go as something featureless, like this guys Black Mage cosplay. (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/249/6/f/FF_I_Black_Mage_Cosplay_01_by_sunglasses_mage.jpg)

Jet
08-14-2011, 05:46 AM
If you guys know Touhou... you should see what most, if not some of the cosplayers are...

The dreaded Beard Kaguya.

Anyway, I'm fine with females dressing up as males and vice versa, as long as they can pull it off well. If you're gonna cosplay at least have the opinions of others first.

Winter
08-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Do you know her? No. She cosplays as Sora because she looks more like Sora than Kairi or Namine or any of the other girls in the series(about 5' 5" or so, dark brown hair, blue eyes, but not nearly as thin as most of the girls--she's not fat, but she's not really thin, either) and she really likes Sora. Same reason my other friend does FMA's Ed even though she's a girl, she likes Ed that much. They both look pretty good, and I've seen many an amazing cosplay where the character is supposed to be a guy but the cosplayer is a girl and vice versa. I wouldn't do it(but I don't have the right build to pull off a guy anyway) but why should it matter, it's just having fun.