PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] New and upcoming KH games

Professor Geoffrey
01-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Note: It would probably be best to watch the following in order.

Re:Coded Secret Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=nL4Vf95WCqU)
3D: Dream Drop Distance Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugkkLzQVUE)
Birth By Sleep: Final Mix Secret Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORkF1Z1cdRk)

This is the best I have ever seen of the Kingdom Hearts series as far as secret movies and trailers. We're finally coming to the end, and the KH developers have made a bold move with how they plan to lead the rest of the way. So, after watching the first secret movie, we know that Mickey is a true master, and that Yen Sid wants Sora and Riku to show the Mark of Mastery (cue lightbulbs to the first BBS players). Then 3D:DDD (NOW I get it. 3 D's) seems to show something a little off; Sora and Riku back in their younger forms, with absolutely stellar gameplay. Lastly, what can probably be shortened as "KH0.5," the BBS:FM secret movie titled Birth By Sleep -Volume Two- and can easily be called the most thought-inducing and adrenaline-pumping secret movie to date! But there are a few questions I have about these two new games.

So, from the three videos, is it easy to say that Xehanort/Terra's Heartless and Nobody, "Ansem" and Xemnas, are back?
Master Yen Sid was afraid Master Xehanort would not return alone. In KH3D, we see Riku pitted against Xehanort's Heartless, and Sora pitted against Xemnas. Could this refer back to Riku's dark past with Xehanort's Heartless and Sora's animosity concerning Xemnas? And at the end of BBS:FM's secret movie, we see towards the end Xehanort's younger self once again, something we only saw at the beginning BBS.

What are these new games all about?
The two games are still heavily shrouded in mystery. The only worlds that are confirmed for KH3D are Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, and, from what we can see when Sora is falling, Twilight Town, the three starter worlds, but Nomura has stated that most of the worlds are brand-new. And, from what we can see from KH:V2, a castle that looks a lot like The Castle of Dreams is standing in the middle of the darkness as Aqua steps out of a forest that looks a lot like The Dwarf Woodlands.

How is KH:V2 important to the Kingdom Hearts series' grand plot at all?
It is the most eerie upcoming game to date. We can infer so many things from those twenty-two minutes. Basically, the best speculation for this game I can give is that it seems a lot like Aqua's own very personal Chain of Memories, bridging Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts I. But we do see some interesting scenes subsequently; Mickey in the Realm of Darkness, a fifteen-year-old Riku carrying a fourteen-year-old Kairi in Neverland, Donald and Goofy looking for "the Key" in Traverse Town, Hayner, Pence, Olette and Kairi standing outside the Mansion in Twilight Town, Sora in his pod with Ansem the Wise most likely planting the data within him that he mentioned in this secret movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2n7-_KIfrQ), Roxas and Xion walking through Twilight Town being watched over by Riku, and then finally the epic conclusion where a younger Xehanort turns into his Heartless, then into Xemnas, and then into the older Xehanort.

Why the 3DS? And will KHBBS:V2 be for the PSP?
I can't afford a 3DS. My friend might be getting one, and hopefully KH3D. That will make me want to come over a lot. But I am sure there is a reason. Hello? Dream, Drop, Distance? It is important, somehow... I will probably just watch the scenes on YouTube to learn the story and read a synopsis or two. Unless I save up for it with the new job I may get... which isn't likely. The 3DS, I mean. The PSP was worth it for BBS (especially if BBS:V2 is also on the PSP), but it won't be for KH3D. I'm sure the $249 is an obstacle a lot of fans must face; definitely a very risky move for Square Enix.

Will Ventus be there if and when Aqua gets back to Castle Oblivion? Will it even be Aqua who finds Ventus? Where is Sora?
In the last video, we see a quick scene where we see Ventus in the Room of Awakening in Castle Oblivion... and then we don't. Same goes for Sora sitting on the paopu fruit tree. BBS:V2 seems as if it will reveal a lot of hidden things we didn't know about while playing the games. What was Xemnas's meeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2n7-_KIfrQ) (old stuff) with "an old friend" in the Room of Repose in the Radiant Garden all about? While we're on that topic, what is the relationship between Radiant Garden and Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion? Did Xemnas ever find Ventus? Is he still even there? Sora did release his heart way back when in KHI, and all of the princess' hearts were returned... was Ventus's returned as well?

What is next?
After watching all of this and rethinking everything, I feel as if I just watched the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince trailer for the first time again. Nomura did say that Kingdom Hearts III is in development, but are there any more games other than 358/2, Coded, Re:Coded, BBS, BBS:V2, and DDD that build a longer bridge between KHII and KHIII?

Discuss. ;D

~Professor Geoffrey

Blood Red Lucario
01-21-2011, 03:03 AM
I am honestly looking forward to 3D!!!! This was the series that tied me to RPGs and now it has three new awesome installments coming out. Gah! They are must buys.

IPlay2WhINe
01-21-2011, 06:17 PM
OH DEAR LORD.
asdfdsafdsfASDFSDAFADFDASF

...okay, I'm under control now.
BBS Volume 2, or KH0.5. Clearly this means it's in between BBS (or KH0) and KH1. That's a given.
As for all the points you raised...good grief, how plot-intensive are they going to get? @o@;

I am ultramegastupendously excite.

Giratina
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I've just now bothered to watch these videos (WHY have I only just now bothered to watch these videos?!?), and all I can say is, "OH MY GOD." The Secret Ending of Re:coded brings a considerable, interesting amount of new light on the makeup of Heartless and Nobodies (will there perhaps be older versions of Ansem's Apprentices in the last game, after the Nobodies and their respective Heartless are beaten? Oh Nomura, please!) which of course I will explore the crap out of in pretty much everything I do relating to the franchise from now on.

Also, is it just my headphones acting up, or did Aqua's voice seem... digitized? Like it was made by a VOCALOID? This means something, I bet, but...

Charmander009
01-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes! A place where all us KH fans can crash and put all our heads together to sort through all this complicated stuff! >:D

I was thinking we should make a news thread/club or something...

Back on the subject, though...

I watched and re-watched the BBSFM secret episode scenes last night, and they really gave me goosebumps. Though, at first, I couldn't belive that they were making another BBS game. Still, I sense much epic-ness in it (and hey, I wouldn't mind being Aqua again ;D). I'm actually hoping that this one will be on the PSP (becuase so far in the games, it's been my favorite format in regards to graphics and battle controls), though there's talk about a new generation of PSP coming out... I'm really hoping that this will stick to the PSP, though.

I've very intrigued by Riku's story--I really wonder what this new BBS game is going to show about him, and of course I'd love to know about Mickey's adventures in the Dark Realm. Do you think that he ever ran into Aqua?

So anyway, going back to some of your questions...

So, from the three videos, is it easy to say that Xehanort/Terra's Heartless and Nobody, "Ansem" and Xemnas, are back?

I would say so--and I'm guessing that we're going to see him lookin' like young Master Xehenort, as we saw in the beginning of BBS. And I've also been wondering if he's going to reappear with some of the apprentices of Ansem--or maybe some other characters we haven't met yet. I'm thinking that maybe there's more Keyblade bearers out in the wide world, and not all of them are noble/good like our protagonists. Maybe Master Xehenort had some connections with them, but who knows. I'm most likely wrong about all this. :P

What are these new games all about?

Isn't KH3D going to basically be Riku and Sora's Mark of Mastery exam? Remember back in the beginning of BBS with Yen Sid and Mickey? I think some article or something said that Mickey was actually taking his Mark of Mastery exam at that time--and it seemed that the old sorceror was testing him using illusions. I'm thinking that Yen Sid will test Sora and Riku in the same way--with illusions that will 'take' them back to thier youngerselves and into other worlds. And then Nomura keeps torturing us saying that the ending is going to leave us shocked and all that... :P Char wants. Char REALLY wants...

Well, as for the others... IDK *shrugs*

How is KH:V2 important to the Kingdom Hearts series' grand plot at all?

Haha, probably not. It'll probably just reveal backstory and stuff that's probably not all that important. On the other hand... it might show--if it happens--how Aqua gets out of the Realm of Darkness. Or maybe it will reveal things about the Realm of Darkness that we didn't know about before--something that's threatening the worlds that will lead into the epic climax in KH3. But who knows?

Why not?????? Well, yeah, it'll be lots of money, but this new technology really excites me! Though... I really wish I had more funds... Let's see, education.... entertainment... UGH! Dx

Will Ventus be there if and when Aqua gets back to Castle Oblivion? Will it even be Aqua who finds Ventus? Where is Sora?
I'm hoping that the secrets in KH:DDD will give us a hint to that. Maybe something incredibly horrible will happen to Sora (okay, I'm thinking that that's inevitable at this point) in KH:DDD. As for Ventus... I never thought about it the way you suggested there. Maybe he isn't there anymore... Maybe... Did Roxas have anything to do with his apparent disappearance? :o

It's all very confusing at this point, but I can't deny that I have the feeling that something really fantastic is going to happen for all this. Epic, if I may say so. With all these other games building up the pressure, however, I'm hoping that KHIII won't be a big let down. It almost seems at this point that it couldn't all end with KHIII. It's like there still should be a few more titles to come out after it. (Well, that'll probably happen anyway...) But still, I think that KHIII is going to be pure awesome sauce thanks to all this pressure building. :3

Giratina
01-22-2011, 02:31 AM
You know, I can't help but notice that the amount of love KH has been getting on this forum has increased considerably since I started posting Fate of the Unknown... it's probably unrelated, but it makes me feel good anyway. XD Back to brainstorming.

I'm thinking that maybe there's more Keyblade bearers out in the wide world, and not all of them are noble/good like our protagonists.

Back in the days of the Keyblade War, there were lots of Keyblade bearers, as we've all seen - and since our friend Xehanort described the Keyblade War as 'a battle between Light and Darkness', it's probably safe to say that not every Keyblade bearer holding a Keyblade of Darkness was as good a person as Riku was. If all the Keyblade bearers were all buddies, then the War wouldn't have started in the first place, amirite? XD I don't think there's anything stopping the other Keyblade bearers, wherever they are, from turning to the Darkness. After all, if Eraqus managed to collect three of them in the aftermath of the War, and there were still people like Xehanort running around... there's still room for inheritance.

Haha, probably not. It'll probably just reveal backstory and stuff that's probably not all that important.

Can we really discount much as not important if it isn't ripped directly from a Disney movie? XD Anyway, backstory can be important. Take BBS for example. It's technically backstory for the main game, but even so - Canon-Shattering Kaboom, much?

The 3DS because it's a powerful new handheld, and one that everyone wants for their own reasons. BBSv2 can go either way - it could be on the PSP for a sense of continuity with the first, or it could be on a different platform, to allow those who don't own the system to experience BBS. There will likely be a brief summary of events in there somewhere, if only as unlockables.

Winter
01-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Well, as I'm not exactly allowed on YouTube where I'm at right now, I can only say I'm extremely excited to see a sequel to BBS, considering how much the ending infuriated me because everyone's lives went to Hades and then they just left it that way--without explaining anything about the character we didn't know a ton about(Aqua and Ventus, much?) which, I will admit, leads to interesting and confusing discussions among fans, but it's still just fan speculation--I wanna see how everything's connected! I dunno about 3D though, I'm not even sure I'll get ahold of the 3DS soon, considering I'm a jobless high schooler.

Charmander009
01-23-2011, 04:07 AM
You know, I can't help but notice that the amount of love KH has been getting on this forum has increased considerably since I started posting Fate of the Unknown... it's probably unrelated, but it makes me feel good anyway. XD Back to brainstorming.

LoL, I don't know if there is a connection, but those stories did inspire me to try and write a KH fic--and as a result I'm getting uber fanatical about KH now xD

Back in the days of the Keyblade War, there were lots of Keyblade bearers, as we've all seen - and since our friend Xehanort described the Keyblade War as 'a battle between Light and Darkness', it's probably safe to say that not every Keyblade bearer holding a Keyblade of Darkness was as good a person as Riku was. If all the Keyblade bearers were all buddies, then the War wouldn't have started in the first place, amirite? XD I don't think there's anything stopping the other Keyblade bearers, wherever they are, from turning to the Darkness. After all, if Eraqus managed to collect three of them in the aftermath of the War, and there were still people like Xehanort running around... there's still room for inheritance.

Hey, yeah, that was my thinking too. (In fact I made an RP out of it that someday I'm going to post here ^^) While they might have faced some epic genocide, the Keyblade bearers obviously didn't all disappear. Some are scattered out there still... Which makes me wonder... how long ago exactly was this Keyblade War? :o Funny how it fits in with the story Kairi's grandmother told her back in the first game. I wonder if that was in the original plans? Or maybe they just messed with the idea after KH1 became so successful?

Can we really discount much as not important if it isn't ripped directly from a Disney movie? XD Anyway, backstory can be important. Take BBS for example. It's technically backstory for the main game, but even so - Canon-Shattering Kaboom, much?

LoL, I we shouln't xD And you're right--I was just thinking that this new game might be a bit like 358/2 Days (which I absolutely LOVED despite the scary-seeming graphics xD) rather than BBS (since I think that it held lots of important information). Though the game was great, I don't think there was much important facts in it other than the fact of Xion's existence and that Xemnas was looking for a "secret chamber" *wink, wink* People will probably get along fine in the grander storyline without playing that game (though people should go play it anyway because it was such a tear-jerker :') )

EDIT: @Winter: LoL, try being a jobless College student xD If that last ending left ya infuriated then if you might not want to watch these new ones xD They were just plain MADDENING!!!! But way cool ;D

Professor Geoffrey
01-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Also, is it just my headphones acting up, or did Aqua's voice seem... digitized? Like it was made by a VOCALOID? This means something, I bet, but...

I actually just figured out the answer to this question. The trailer that I put up was slowed down just a tad so YouTube wouldn't spot it with its copyright detection and delete it. Now that I've seen the slowed-down version a hundred times, the actual one looks like the hamster version. xD

~Professor Geoffrey

Charmander009
01-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I actually just figured out the answer to this question. The trailer that I put up was slowed down just a tad so YouTube wouldn't spot it with its copyright detection and delete it. Now that I've seen the slowed-down version a hundred times, the actual one looks like the hamster version. xD

~Professor Geoffrey

Any other thoughts you want to add, Professor? xD

I wanted to add that KHinsider.com featured an interview with Nomura about Dream Drop Distance. He explained a bit about the title's meaning, which I found interesting.

The image associated with the name is "the distance you fall in your dreams" (presumably as in how deeply you fall into your dreams). Nomura admitted that the English isn't grammatically correct, but they were focused on how the sound of the phrase.

I'm still thinking that Yen Sid is going to be behind the happenings in this game, examining Riku and Sora by--I guess--taking them into dreams? Also, it seems that the "Drop" part of the name has something to do with the gameplay...

Oh, but what's this?

In the past, Nomura suggested that the game would depict Sora and Riku in their Mark of Mastery test that will turn them into Keyblade Masters. In this latest interview, he clarified a bit. The Mark of Mastery test will not span the entirety of the game. Only some parts of the game will cover the test.

WHAT?! Wow, well that almost scratches my idea. :P

Professor Geoffrey
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Any other thoughts you want to add, Professor? xD

Actually, I do.

As I finished Re:Coded, I figured out a possibility for BBSV2. What if some of the plot had to do with Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene before they became Nobodies? Perhaps we'll figure out their original names. o:

~Professor Geoffrey

Rinn
01-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Re:Coded and 3D don't seem to appealing, but BBS: FM looks promising. If only it was for the PS3... Speaking of console KH games, when will KH3 be out? I've been looking forward to that ever since the ending of KH2. :/

Giratina
01-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Geoffrey, the Somebodies of the rest of Organization XIII is kind of a given. XD Though I do hope we get more characterization on all of them; after all, these guys are the ones with actual emotions, and we can carry their mannerisms as Somebodies over to their mannerisms as Nobodies. (Can you tell I'm a roleplayer? XD) I do seriously want to know what their names are, though - but if we end up having a Lumaria, I will be deeply saddened. I'm sorry, but no matter how much fanon defiles Marluxia into an effeminate fruitcake, he is still a guy. (His name should totally be Arumial~)

Rinn, KHIII hasn't really been given a confirmed date yet, I don't think. Which I would say is a good thing, because whenever it comes out I'll need to buy a new console (no PS3). That won't sit well right now. XD

Charmander009
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
*is half-hoping it won't be on the PS3* Yeah, I don't think that KH3 is actually being worked on right now. Nomura and them are busy with some Final Fantasy game right now, so... we probably won't hear about it for a bit, sadly D:

LoL, I like that term Sombodies xD But yeah, I'd like to see some backstory on the Organization 13 members. I wondered where Marluxia came into the whole mix... and why Demyx even got a human Nobody (wonders if that lazy dude really had such a strong will xD)