PDA

View Full Version : PoliWrath

TheTaker
08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey, so I was wondering if this is a good pokemon to have in my lineup. I need help deciding what moves to teach him and for someone to explain to me about his evolution trade thing with kings rock. Much Thanks. :happy:

Subside
08-22-2005, 04:14 PM
If you were to use Poliwrath a good moveset would be...

Poliwrath@Salac Berry
Belly Drum
Brick Break
Earthquake
Surf/Substitute/Hypnosis

Since its got high defence it works well as a Belly Drummer, and then BB and EQ to make use of the increased attack power and Surf for a STAB attack

when you trade Poliwhirl while holding Kings Rock it evolves into Politoed, and a good moveset for him would be...

Politoed@Salac Berry
Psychic/Rest
Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis

Basic Special Sweeper, put them to sleep with hypnosis, Surf for STAB, Ice Beam can be used as a good Dragon counter and the other move is up to you.

Hope this helps...

Forsety
08-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd suggest Belly Drummer Poliwrath too with Substitute........Sub, Belly drum, Salac activates...sweep.

For Politoed it does surprisingly well with a Counter......really catches off those crazy physical sweepers and HP Grass works better than Psychic and Hydro Pump isn't half bad since Politoed's spcl.atk is a little lacking, definitely Leftovers....Politoed has great spcl.def and a trait that screws water attacks and high HP. I like to think of it as a faster Milotic...

TheTaker
08-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped for this question. Ill take every word u people said into thought. Now I guess I can have a good poliwrath or that toad thingy. :happy: A mod can now lock...