PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten Pokerus?

Zeraylph
02-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Today I was training my Roselia and Misdreavus for SP.ATK and Speed Effort Values, when I noticed Roselia started to glow green.

Then I went to the pokecenter and the nurse said my pokemon was infected. I got kinda scared, then checked my entire party.

Everyone was infected! it all said PKRS on the status of all them.
Then searched online and found out it was a good virus that doubles Effort Values gained.

So far I've followed directions and infected every pokemon I have and deposited some of them in the stasis PC for future use.

o: has anyone gotten it. I thought something bad was gonna happen lol.

Skylands
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I've never caught Pokerus on my Pokemon before, but I want to so badly just to say that I got it.

Etymology
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I've had it traded to me, but other than that, no.

EDIT: Wait! I remember my Togepi in Gold had it. xD

Team Razor
02-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I got it (I think) when I migrated all my emerald mons to heartgold. Was going through the elite four for some training, and thought i just should heal my mons if they didn't got full pp and such. And then the nurse said my mons had it o.O

shadowinfernape
02-06-2011, 04:28 PM
The first time I got pokerus was when I got a level 1 glameow at the GTS.

Mr420
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Pokerus is the whole reason I started a clan on here

Odin
02-06-2011, 07:07 PM
got my first from a hacked mew through GTS lol :D

DemonicWolf
02-06-2011, 07:40 PM
I caught my Dialga and Palkia with pokerus xD
I thought it was funny.

Eun Min
02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
If I remember right, I got it from a wild Roselia that I'd caught on my Emerald game (that I'd borrowed).

Now I only infect my Pokemon with it if I want to, 'cause I got along the thinking of "If this Pokemon of mine was real would I really want it to have it?"
So I'd pretty much stopped it altogether. Though I do keep a few of my unwanted Pokemon (with my Roselia stored in the PC) with the active PokeRus on it. ^_^

Tsujin
02-07-2011, 12:47 AM
If I remember right, I got it from a wild Roselia that I'd caught on my Emerald game (that I'd borrowed).

Now I only infect my Pokemon with it if I want to, 'cause I got along the thinking of "If this Pokemon of mine was real would I really want it to have it?"
So I'd pretty much stopped it altogether. Though I do keep a few of my unwanted Pokemon (with my Roselia stored in the PC) with the active PokeRus on it. ^_^

Haha, that's funny. If you think about it being along the lines of being real I'm sure you'd want your pokemon to have it regardless. xD
It's kind of like being extra hyper when having Pokerus. It doesn't do any harm to your pokemon and in fact just boosts their power but only lasts for so long.

Anyways, the first time I got Pokerus was in my Fire Red. I don't remember which pokemon had it but my first thought were pretty much the same. I was like what the hell?! A virus?! What is that supposed to mean?! I don't remember how I found the answer out but I was relieved once I did. xD

Charizard Michelle
02-07-2011, 05:18 AM
I remember that one of my pokemon in Pearl got inflected with it. I was a bit surprise when the nurse told me but thought it was cool. What I did afterward was inflect a Shinx with it and take it out of the box everytime I need to inflect EV training Pokemon with Pokerus. I think for my Platinum I either traded somebody from Pearl with Pokerus to the game or I found it by accident.

Rhys!
02-07-2011, 05:42 AM
I've never got Pokérus, I've also never seen a shiny.

Arch Enemy
02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
My Pokémon never really got Pokérus legitimately. xD I did use AR for it once, but that was two or three years ago, and I probably don't have those Pokémon in my PC box anymore, sooo, I don't think that should count. xD
I really want my Pokémon to have Pokérus, but, I don't want to trade with others who has Pokémon infected with PKRS though, since taking the easy way out can ruin the fun of the game, and that's one of the reasons why I've stopped using my Action Replay.
I think I need to battle a lot of wild Pokémon in order to get it, but that can take a very long time. d:

Silvalfo
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I found Pokérus while playing my Silver at the same month I found a shiny Donphan. (December 2010).
Yes, Silver. Not SoulSilver.

Grassy_Aggron
02-08-2011, 02:00 AM
I've found it twice.

First was in my Sapphire, after battling. The second time was in HeartGold, again, after battling.

HeartGold is really lucky for me - I found a shiny Tauros on accident. As a bonus, I was going through a "Tauros fad" at the time too XD

ashkelon
02-08-2011, 05:08 AM
I've been playing since one of my kids gave me Red in Japanese. Long time. I've got at least one of all the games, and I've had pokerus on every one of them. I thought for a long time all carts have it, because all of mine have.

On the other hand, I've only had, in all that time 2 non-game shinies -- and such cool ones -- a tentacool :rolleyes: and a MAGICARP :crackup:

And the worst part with the magicarp was one of my cousins EVO'd it.

I was so mad. Commonest in-game shiny ever. Duh.

Lan.exe
02-08-2011, 09:13 AM
I've actually never gotten it, and I've played mostly every version since Red & Blue. :eh:

Bittersweet Memories
02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I had It once but when I had it I thought it was bad and I released the Pokemon, Later on I researched it and found out it was good and I was like WTF! D:

Eternal Moonlight
02-09-2011, 12:17 AM
No, despite all this time playing Pokémon, never gotton it ^^'

Mew, Meow, Nya

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-09-2011, 07:04 AM
I found it in Diamond while I was in Mt Coronet xD Surprising since I hadn't found a Shiny yet...

My brother also found it in Silver version a long, long time ago. Back then there was really no info on it around which inspired me to start researching it myself. I actually thought it might have been some kind of weird glitch at first. xD

DRAKING
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I encountered it the first second I played SoulSilver, luckily enough :D :D The first pokenurse I met told me my Pokemon got the mysterious virus ^^ Later on, when I got into EV training, I learned myself everything about it :) Ask me anything if you want to.

In general, NO, Pokerus doesn't harm your Pokemon in ANY way. It only doubles every EV it gains, so basically you're pokemon gets some stats more EARLIER ON then normally.

Also, it can come in very handy when EV training your pokemon :biggrin:

Kenny_C.002
02-15-2011, 12:26 AM
I found it in Diamond while I was in Mt Coronet xD Surprising since I hadn't found a Shiny yet...

My brother also found it in Silver version a long, long time ago. Back then there was really no info on it around which inspired me to start researching it myself. I actually thought it might have been some kind of weird glitch at first. xD
That's quite interesting. In my entire gaming lifetime of pokemon, I bumped into 3 shinies and 1 pokerus in total. Ironically 2 of the shinies were geodude (the last was a magikarp >.<). o_O

It worked out, since I wanted a pokerus pokemon in my SS game when I killed that graveler. Now I'm spreading that pokerus like it's the plague.

Crystal king
02-15-2011, 12:34 AM
I used to have it in my Emerald version until it deleted itself yesterday :/ But I still have it in my Pearl, HeartGold and Diamond.

Kero~

pkmnrulz
02-15-2011, 02:22 AM
i got one pkrs when i was tradng on wifi for a heatran.

Dino
03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I got it once so far.

On my main team in Soul Silver. 8D

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Seventeen times, I am a very lucky man.

- Long live Negima!

megaman2431
03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Ihave from my Sceptile(lv100) when I migrated it to my soulsilver from emerald then all my other pokemon got it.

hazzaboy
03-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I didnt know there was something called Pokerus, now i want to make my pokemon get it.