PDA

View Full Version : Question About Trading Old Pokémon to B/W

ThE
02-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Of course I know that no old Pokémon can be caught in Unova before beating the Elite Four, but can I trade a Dratini Egg from my Japanese version of Black to my English version of White when they come out? Will the game be able to tell that it's not a Gen V Pokémon?

Viva la Gofre
02-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Of course I know that no old Pokémon can be caught in Unova before beating the Elite Four, but can I trade a Dratini Egg from my Japanese version of Black to my English version of White when they come out? Will the game be able to tell that it's not a Gen V Pokémon?
As far as I'm aware i's not that you physically cannot own a 1-4th gen pokemon, it's just that there are none to catch. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to trade it.

Trent Reznor
02-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Honestly, I never knew that you could trade eggs.

Nor did I know that you could trade from the Japanese to the English.

Tsujin
02-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes you can trade eggs and trade to different language games.

It's still a Gen V pokemon though if it's on your Japanese Black is it not? You can't Shift eggs can you?

Galdr
02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Some people beat me to it, but yes. Of course you can't catch the first 4 Gen Pokemon until after you complete the main story.

However, you can self trade an Egg from Japanese Black to your English White/Black via the Union Room. It's possible because the games can communicate with each other; the same way a Japanese Gen IV game can connect with an English Gen IV game.

And... you can't PokeShift eggs; I tried that. XD The eggs must be hatched before migrating~
Anyway, the egg you trade over will still be "tamago" in Japanese, but will hatch into an English Dratini. (the fun thing is, you'll get its Japanese dex entry, even as it evolves too!)

Hope this helps! n_n

Mr420
02-14-2011, 05:43 AM
I'd like to add 2 more cents here.
tho this has already been said :you cannot find any Gen I-IV pokemon until after you defeat the Elite 4 the 1st time around..:
BUT there's a loophole.. You get the "C Gear" early into the game and from then on you (or I was) are able to go into the Dream World and obtain pokemon not normally found in the Unova region .. :wink:

Zan Sabrefang
02-15-2011, 02:59 AM
I was skeptical about this too, but if you can use a Raikou/Entei from the current Wi-Fi event on Pearl before you get your second badge, I'm sure trading won't be a problem.