PDA

View Full Version : No Pokemon Grey Version?

LimeGreen
02-14-2011, 03:36 AM
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-will-be-no-pokemon-gray

Lies? or not?

Galdr
02-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Probably not...
But you just never know; there could be a Pokemon Gray version for the 3DS.
Or mayhaps Gen VI will start. It all depends; nobody knows for sure.

I really hope there is a new Gen V remix game; they need more triple/rotation battles in-game.

Judgmental Arceus
02-14-2011, 04:02 AM
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-will-be-no-pokemon-gray

Lies? or not?
I'm calling b.s. (http://www.destructoid.com/gamefreak-denies-development-of-pokemon-gray-193962.phtml) After all why would Gamefreak make a final decision on closing off the 5th Gen before they even arrive in America and other continents? So all I really have to say is just you wait. A 3rd game is still very likely to appear considering the potential Black and White gave for one.

Edit: Lets not forget about the forgotten data of Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare that should've gone to Kyurem but never did, and don't forget V-Generate.

Gokudera-Kun
02-14-2011, 04:06 AM
The giveaway is that a Spanish website reported it. Why would Game Freak talk to a Spanish website before talking to a Japanese source?

I totally agree with one of the commenters, I believe they're saying there won't be a 3rd to sell more to people who are saying "I'll just wait for the remix", and once they believe they've gotten as much money from B/W as they can, they'll finally put out Gray for the people who were too stubborn to not wait for the 3rd game.

Mr420
02-14-2011, 05:25 AM
^Disney does it.. it only seems fair that nintendo/GameFreak does it too.

Kaoru
02-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Guys, I assume there is going to be a Pokemon Grey/Gray, but it won't be for the 3DS. It'll be for the DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSiXL. Besides, why are we even worrying about the third version when B&W haven't even been released worldwide yet (besides Japan)?

Third version to Generation V to not be on 3DS (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Third_version_to_Generation_V_to_not_be_on_3DS)

^Tada!

Galdr
02-14-2011, 06:01 AM
It was based upon speculation though. But hurray for the third Gen V game to be on the classic DS systems. :3 Glad to hear it.

But! There might be a future Pokemon title released on the 3DS.
Now that I look at it, it does seem like a bunch of B/S... the Spanish ideal, I mean. I don't think Pokemon will end that quickly.

Kaoru
02-14-2011, 06:09 AM
It was based upon speculation though. But hurray for the third Gen V game to be on the classic DS systems. :3 Glad to hear it.

But! There might be a future Pokemon title released on the 3DS.
Now that I look at it, it does seem like a bunch of B/S... the Spanish ideal, I mean. I don't think Pokemon will end that quickly.

I agree. And maybe, just maybe, that future title will be a RSE remake *shot by people who hate RSE*

Galdr
02-14-2011, 06:13 AM
I agree. And maybe, just maybe, that future title will be a RSE remake *shot by people who hate RSE*

A RSE remake is just what I need to complete my day. <3
It would most likely be Ruby and Sapphire renamed like HGSS, with the Emerald story implied and more stuff included that they forgot to do for the GBA versions. Maybe even an entire 3D world with 3D sprites and 3D Pokemon battles, Dragon Quest IX and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Seriously. <33 And then they would make a Gen VI after that? XD

...okay so this isn't the place to do that^ sorry in advance. XD But I just wanted to add that in.

Kaoru
02-14-2011, 06:38 AM
inorite. :3

But still, that translation of what Mana Ibe was saying seems stupid. If I know Nintendo with what they've done in the past generations, they'll continue Pokemon until the day they all die. I know Pokemon isn't going to end with Black and White. I wanna RSE remake. After that, I think I'll be happy. :3

Professor Geoffrey
02-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm calling b.s. (http://www.destructoid.com/gamefreak-denies-development-of-pokemon-gray-193962.phtml) After all why would Gamefreak make a final decision on closing off the 5th Gen before they even arrive in America and other continents? So all I really have to say is just you wait. A 3rd game is still very likely to appear considering the potential Black and White gave for one.

Edit: Lets not forget about the forgotten data of Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare that should've gone to Kyurem but never did, and don't forget V-Generate.

True. But remember the forgotten data on GSC with Celebi, DPPt with Arceus, and HGSS via a second Arceus's arrival, and with Generation IV(/V?) with the mystery typed Arceus (which really was just something in case anyone was ever to hack the game). I'm not happy that a Gray version might not be possible, but the tide may turn.

~Professor Geoffrey

ThE
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
As far as i know of i dont think there will be.

paperfairy
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Nobody would die if Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt were never used, but they'll likely be an event move for future Kyruem.

If a Gray was to come, it wouldn't be for a few years - after the 3DS has already gone mainstream. To say that Gray would be for the NDS would be like saying the next Pokemon console game would be on the GCN - it wouldn't make sense. Thus, we can only assume that this news means there won't be a Gray at all. =/

I'm actually one of the people waiting for Gray, so this throws a wrench in my plans, but if they were lying, I wouldn't be shocked.

Keep in mind, however that the only lies I can recall Game Freak making is that XD: Gale of Darkness was not a sequel to Colosseum, and that older characters would not appear in Black and White. They haven't lied about something _this_ major.

EDIT: ugh, ruby and sapphire remakes. ugh.

Mr420
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
EDIT: ugh, ruby and sapphire remakes. ugh.

someone said what I was thinking.. thanx connecticut

Viva la Gofre
02-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I highly doubt they'd stop at just the two games. Every generation they have bought out a new game that's essentially identical to its predecessors yet people who already own them will buy it. As the old saying goes:
http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/ds-it-prints-money.gif

Plus it's like a tradition and stuff...

Fushigidane
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I think they are either lying, or are serious and will change their minds.

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I am coming out with a prediction, gasp, ugh, ack! They have several hundred more episodes to go with the current series, I am pretty damn sure a remix will come out for Black and White some time.

Orange_Flaaffy
02-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Give it time, give it time.
After all, when the first games came out no one was talking about yellow right then ether. Just live in the moment. Wait for we US -a-ions to even get the plastic warp off our english versions yet :)

Iconoclast
02-28-2011, 01:19 AM
ITT: People wanting a third version before the first two come out in their region.