PDA

View Full Version : GSC Monotype Challenge 2005

SilverFlame
08-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Rules are simple:
-You can only use one type of Pokemon
-Duel types can be used as long as one of their types is the same as the type of team you're using
-If you're using a Flying type team, you can only have 1 legendary bird or a Dragonite.
-Celebi cannot be used
-You cannot use Ghost or Dragon types as the main type of your team because there are too few
-You cannot use your starter if it is not the type as the main type you chose.
-If your type does not appear in the beginning of the game, then you use your starter until you can get the type you chose. (Ex. if you had a Cyndaquil and got to Slowpoke Well you have to get a Slowpoke and use that)
-HM slaves are, of course, allowed.
-You can only use ONE set of TMs
-No trading to get a Pokemon that's unavailable in your version, or a Pokemon that didn't appear in the wild yet
-No cheating, no duplicating any Pokemon at all
-Update your progress
-Rest of the forum rules apply, of course

And that's pretty much it. So have fun, and let's get started. I'll start over my Crystal and use a Psychic type team, as that's my favorite. I'll write my progress tonight after I restart my game.

Sleepy Sheep
08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
What's monotype?
________
DEMEROL REHAB FORUM (http://www.rehab-forum.com/demerol-rehab/)

.AzureLight
08-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Did you not read the last post? :eek: It's a challenge using one type...

Rules are simple:
-You can only use one type of Pokemon
-Duel types can be used as long as one of their types is the same as the type of team you're using
-If you're using a Flying type team, you can only have 1 legendary bird or a Dragonite.
-Celebi cannot be used
-You cannot use Ghost or Dragon types as the main type of your team because there are too few
-You cannot use your starter if it is not the type as the main type you chose.
-If your type does not appear in the beginning of the game, then you use your starter until you can get the type you chose. (Ex. if you had a Cyndaquil and got to Slowpoke Well you have to get a Slowpoke and use that)
-HM slaves are, of course, allowed.
-You can only use ONE set of TMs
-No trading to get a Pokemon that's unavailable in your version, or a Pokemon that didn't appear in the wild yet
-No cheating, no duplicating any Pokemon at all
-Update your progress
-Rest of the forum rules apply, of course

Matt
08-24-2005, 02:34 AM
Lol, the newbish "Let's gain one post instead of reading the topic's purpose" trick. Since I only made an R/S and FRLG Monotype, I'll let this slide without screaming, but I'm warning you, nobody gives a flying fu(k.

SilverFlame
08-24-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeah, but that's ok. This is a popular thread on another forum, so I figured it might be ok here. If people respond, than that's what makes me happy.

And, Grumpiguno, reread the rules if you're curious on what a monotype challenge is.

!CeMAn
08-24-2005, 03:25 AM
This might be more popular if it were some kind on NetBattle tournament... That's why i even looked at the thread in the first place :tongue:.

Finglonger
08-24-2005, 06:12 AM
yeah actually this does seem kind of interesting, when I get the time I'll go mono grass

EDIT:ah screw it..mono poison on silver version instead

Matt
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Then why don't you join my FRLG Monotype challenge that I made a month ago?

Sleepy Sheep
08-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I got the challenge part just do we type it up here? If we do I'll put a new game in crystal. My type will be water.

TreeckoTrainer
08-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Name: TreeckoTrainer
Type: Dark
Area Last Visited: Start of Game
Gyms Defeated: 0
Pokémon: None
Time: 0:00

Sleepy Sheep
08-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Name: Grumpiguno
Type: Water

TreeckoTrainer
08-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Name: TreeckoTrainer
Area Last Visited: Route 32
Gyms Defeated: 1
Pokémon:
lv 18 Quilava
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember
Time: 2:07

I need to get to Goldenrod City to get Eevee and evolve it to umbreon till I get my first pokemon. I just realized I'll only have three pokemon to battle with against the Elite 4.

Sleepy Sheep
08-25-2005, 12:29 AM
On second thought... I'm sorry but I'm not taking monotype. I have a phanpy on crystal I realized that and I don't want to erase it.

Matt
08-25-2005, 12:53 AM

Do you realize how few dark types there are? Once you find one, you will have to stick with it all the way until you find another.

.AzureLight
08-25-2005, 01:49 AM
Name: Lan
Type: The Elite Flying Type

I'll start this tonight on my gold version. When's the deadline? BTW, do I have to get all the flying types I see? :eh:

2wings
10-19-2005, 01:19 PM
This aint no challenge to me, try finishing your crystal dex and then you will be worthy enough to challenge me, the master. Ok maybe ''master'' isn't the right word. I finished crystal with only water types once..... of course i did use more than one TM on my gatr :P this looks interesting but there's no way im re - starting my crystal.