PDA

View Full Version : Shiney Charmander = Awesome Charizard, Help me make him?

LadySaphira
02-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok a friend of mine very kindly gave me his shiney Charmander because I've had such terrible luck with shiney pokemon and he's had such good luck, so I was to try make the best possible Charizard I can get with him and I need some help.

His stats are Quite nature, capable of taking hits.

(He hasn't been in a single battle yet)

HP 19/19
Atk 10
Def 10
Sp. Atk 12
Sp. Def 10
Spd 9

So what would be the best moveset for my little guy? And what would be the best EVs to raise from this early level?

Thanks so much for any help you can give!:happy:

Zeraylph
02-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Charizard's speed is an essential but quiet nature can do.

We need to know more information. are you doing a Physical Sweeper? Special Sweeper?

if you planning for a Special Sweeper.

I'd put 252 in Speed and 252 in SP.ATK the other 4 can be put in whichever you like. you can always split if you want

Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
Roost
Air Slash or Heatwave (Kind of not good idea to have 2 fire attacks)
Sunny Day

or if Physical
252 speed/252 sp.atk
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Roost

Last move is up to you

DRAKING
02-23-2011, 09:09 PM
If you give me his level, I will calculate its IV's for you.

First thing, it's nature is a bit of a pity. Charizard needs speed to be dangerous. Since it's Special Attack is boosted (which luckily enough is pretty nice), I would recommend him to be a Special Sweeper.
It's base 109 Spa stat, combined with a boosting nature and max EV input could turn his Special Attack stat to high levels if your spa IV is allright (max 177 @ lvl 50).

Only problem is, his (special) movepool is rather small.

...Sum like this...

ShinyZard
Lum Berry@252SPA152SPEED104HP

Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Air Slash
Roost
Substitute

Two strong STAB attacks with decent coverage (rock pokemon laugh at it) can be good enough if Charizard manages to set up a Substitute. The speed investment enables the Fire Dragon to outspeed and 1HKO pokemon with it stab super effective Flamethrower. Fire Blast is worth considering because of it's higher power.
Roost is nice for recovering lost HP while setting up or upon switching in. Watch for Earthquake though. Charizard can be a good switch in to a lot of Pokemon, but has a hard time fighting Water, Rock and Electric pokemons.

Good luck. I you have any question about anything, ask me.

Draking