PDA

View Full Version : J-Pop/J-Rock!!!

KenshinU
04-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Who likes J-Pop or J-Rock here? :smile:

I love it. ^-^

Ayumi Hamasaki is my favorite J-Pop singer! Evolution! Rainbow! Seasons! Dearest! Those songs are great! ^_^

I also like See Saw. ^-^ Their music is so calm. They usually sing in English though...

As for J-Rock, I only know The Pillows. lol But I like 'em. :smile:

Jet
04-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I love it too. ^_^ =P

Ayumi Hamazaki and Utada Hikaru are the best (in fact, they're the only ones I really know =P)

J-Rock... hmm... it's cool too... so far, the only one I really know is L`Arc en~Ciel... or something like that... =P

KenshinU
04-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Utada Hikaru...? I will try to look for her songs then. ^^

žavage])
04-25-2004, 04:51 AM
I like all the Hack Music..
especially the intro, and Key of the twilight, the guitar is awsome

Kenny_C.002
04-25-2004, 04:57 AM
For J-Pop, my favs are:

Kumi Koda (Koda Kumi), most notable for 1000 Words and Real Emotion

My fav from her are "Come Back", "It's Too Late", and "1000 Words"

Next, Do As Infinity. Enough said and too many songs to list. Most known here for the second ending song from Inuyasha (Fukai Mori/Deep Forest) and writing "Dearest", third song from Inuyasha.

J-Rock...I have no idea.

KenshinU
04-25-2004, 11:10 AM
I also like Maaya Sakamoto. ^_^ Her song 'Hemisphere' sounds very cute. ^-^ I heard it on an anime radio. =p

žavage])
04-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Aww, the Kenny's are getting along

Kenny_C.002
04-25-2004, 09:40 PM
)']Aww, the Kenny's are getting along

Say that one more time and you will be...slapped by um....an invisible force.

Forgot to say DAI's best:

Fukai Mori
Enrai
Tangerine Dream
Oasis

And that's about it. :P

btw, best of album is called "Do the Best". :P

žavage])
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
The kenny's are OW!

How the hell? :doh:

Kenny_C.002
04-29-2004, 03:29 AM
)']The kenny's are OW!

How the hell? :doh:

No amount of therapy will ever make this statement right...I can't believe I took that out of Fairly Odd Parents (tm). I mean, it's funny and all. Ah! I'm going to quote bonus stage or homestar! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry:

Oh right. GO TOMIKO VAN!!!!!!!!! (hotness! There I go quoting Strong Bad again...) :silly:

Jet
04-29-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah... o_O; lol

anyway, I didn't know Utada Hikaru had a new album out... must... buy it soon...

Shael
04-29-2004, 08:07 PM
What's the system for determining Jpop singers? Is it that they're Japanese, or do the songs they sing have to be Japanese? Because I like BoA, but she's Korean. She sings in Japanese, Korean, English, and Chinese though =)

My favorite songs by her are My Sweetie, Moon and Sunrise, Sara, No.1, and Shine We Are.

Kenny_C.002
04-29-2004, 09:14 PM
I never knew taht BoA sings in Mandarin/Cantonese tho. I always thought she sings in Korean and Japanese only (thus she's calssified as both I guess).

KenshinU
04-30-2004, 07:32 AM
I thought that she sang in Japanese, English and Korean only too...

But I like BoA! ^-^ I can't stop listening to Duvet and Dreams Come True. Her accent is so cute when she sings in English. ^^

Perkele
04-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Doesn't anyone else here like X Japan. That's like the BEST rock band ever.

And i also like china dolls's Shue Poo OK! (It's so hilarious i wlays crack up when i hear it..) But i am not sure if they are chinese or japanese. Yeah, i know that they are CHINA dolls, but stil...

boltAge
04-30-2004, 05:31 PM
I thought that she sang in Japanese, English and Korean only too...

Yeah, she released albums and all I've heard are Japanese, English and Korean songs. I don't think she sings Chinese/Cantonese/Other language songs, because I've read a couple of magazine reviews about her, and all of them say she sing Japanese, English and Korean songs only. oO Her songs are pretty good, I've heard a few.

*goes dig up two albums, Red Apple and Green Apple version, which contain Japanese songs from shows*

Japanese songs that I like:
Can You Keep A Secret (From Japanese Show 'Hero')
First Love (From Japanese Show, translated to Chinese as '魔女的條件', when translated to english, it roughly means 'The Requirements of a female demon' or something like that =P)

You see, they dub Japanese shows into Chinese here, and you'd get addicted to the show. I love the shows so much ;_; Wait, I'm getting off-topic =P

I can upload a couple of songs to my angelfire account, so you guys can hear them.

[off-topic]Kenshin, by any chances, do you watch Japanese shows? I don't mean animes, I mean shows acted by real human =P[/off-topic]

Shael
04-30-2004, 07:43 PM
She only has a few songs in Chinese/Mandarin I think. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Sara.

I could be wrong though, as seeing magazines are usually much more reliable than internet >.<

Kenny_C.002
04-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Where do you live, boltage? I haven't seen a single chinese dub here in ages (chinese subs are common in the VCD shops tho).

Also, I like how the Japanese albums all have chinese translations on them (literal translations). That's kinda cool. :P

boltAge
05-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Where do you live, boltage? I haven't seen a single chinese dub here in ages (chinese subs are common in the VCD shops tho).

Also, I like how the Japanese albums all have chinese translations on them (literal translations). That's kinda cool. :P
Singapore. I'm a Chinese(We're a multi-racial country, btw), so occasionally, they have dubbed Japanese shows on the Chinese channel. I don't like Chinese subs, they are rather annoying. You might say otherwise for animes, but for series, no doubt, dubs > subs.

Recently, they stopped showing Japanese shows. ~_~ They need to bring back those shows, for they are so addictive :goofy:

KenshinU
05-03-2004, 03:40 AM
[off-topic]Kenshin, by any chances, do you watch Japanese shows? I don't mean animes, I mean shows acted by real human =P[/off-topic]

I wish I could, but I can't... We don't have any here...

Finglonger
05-03-2004, 03:59 AM
Guitar wolf, 'nuff said

Kenny_C.002
05-03-2004, 04:01 AM
Singapore. I'm a Chinese(We're a multi-racial country, btw), so occasionally, they have dubbed Japanese shows on the Chinese channel. I don't like Chinese subs, they are rather annoying. You might say otherwise for animes, but for series, no doubt, dubs > subs.

Recently, they stopped showing Japanese shows. ~_~ They need to bring back those shows, for they are so addictive :goofy:

Yeah, I used to get dubbed shows in Cantonese back in Hong Kong. I move down here and it's all English. grrrrrrr....and foreign language CDs in HMV don't have translations...

Jet
05-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Wow... lucky me, I still got japanese shows ^^ NHK if you count it... but there are others ^^;