PDA

View Full Version : Before the 1st Gym Leader

HKim
02-23-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm not sure if I'm just weird, but I often train my Pokemon to insane levels before facing the first gym leader, even to a point where just one of them can go through the leader's entire team. The early game, with the limited mon, moves, and types, always fascinates me. I don't think that will change with Black and White.

What about you? To what level are you going to train your Pokemon before the first gym leader in Black and White?

Tsujin
02-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Haha, I did that cuz I lost the first time trying to rush through. Especially since the first Gym Leader uses the type strongest against your starter. I trained until about Lv. 16 for the first gym.

1st Gym Helpful Hints:
But it also help to go to the right by the Abandoned Dream Lot and talk to this girl who gives you one of the Elemental Monkeys that helps in your first Gym battle. You get the Moneky who is weak against your starter which just happens to be strong against whoever you face in your first Gym battle.

If you pick Snivy you get Panpour.
By picking Snivy you face Chili using a Pansear whose weak against Panpour.

If you pick Oshawott you get Pansear.
By picking Oshawott you face Cilan using a Pansage whose weak against Pansear.

If you pick Tepig you get Pansage.
By picking Tepig you face Cress using a Panpour whose weak against Pansage.

This should help anybody but it's just the first gym afterall. Shouldn't be too hard. xD

Arch Enemy
02-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Before taking on the first gym, I always tend to train one Pokémon from my team until it reaches somewhere between level 15 and level 17, so it can evolve to its second stage and also be strong enough to take on the gym leader. Same thing's going to happen when I get my hands on Black and White, but this time, it's going to be with Snivy. xD

dimondgirlofthefuture
02-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I usually do that with my mons too, I remember doing that in R/S/E when I was about 5/6/7-ish. Obviously I won't stop here with b/w

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Haha, I did that cuz I lost the first time trying to rush through. Especially since the first Gym Leader uses the type strongest against your starter. I trained until about Lv. 16 for the first gym.

1st Gym Helpful Hints:
But it also help to go to the right by the Abandoned Dream Lot and talk to this girl who gives you one of the Elemental Monkeys that helps in your first Gym battle. You get the Moneky who is weak against your starter which just happens to be strong against whoever you face in your first Gym battle.

If you pick Snivy you get Panpour.
By picking Snivy you face Chili using a Pansear whose weak against Panpour.

If you pick Oshawott you get Pansear.
By picking Oshawott you face Cilan using a Pansage whose weak against Pansear.

If you pick Tepig you get Pansage.
By picking Tepig you face Cress using a Panpour whose weak against Pansage.

This should help anybody but it's just the first gym afterall. Shouldn't be too hard. xD

The girl is passed the two trainers you HAVE to battle.

Mr420
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Im completly for over training.. the 1st part of my J@p white I caught a good few (as I like to have more than one handy jIc) so that when Im battling the gym leader I can maximize spreading the EVs from the Gyms. Tho for a gym battle Ill opt for the starter to gain the most Exp.

MichaelArch
02-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Depending on the game really, the first gym on emerald it was fourteen for my ralts and sixteen for combuskrn.
Platinum no different.

A little off topic, but my starter is always at the same lv as the first elite fours strongest poke or I don't go in yet.

Mr420
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
do you have a hard time having your starter obey you being that you dont have the badges yet to correctly control your over leved mon.?

MichaelArch
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Not before the 1st gym lol I meant before I challenge the elite four he's to be that lv.

Etymology
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
do you have a hard time having your starter obey you being that you dont have the badges yet to correctly control your over leved mon.?

This is only with traded Pokemon. Pokemon with your OT don't have this problem.