PDA

View Full Version : Voice RP

HKim
02-24-2011, 06:01 AM
You wipe the sweat off your forehead with the back of your hand, your enemies lying dead around you, forming small piles of corpses. You glance to your side where your loyal companion Charmeleon stands, he too bruised and tired from the fight, but the flame of strength still burning within his eyes.

He glances up and you, and you nod briefly, both affirming his power and thanking him for his dedication. You slowly move to sheath your sword.

When a deep voice rings out from behind you, causing you to turn to face the setting sun.

"The battle is not over yet!" the voice thunders. "Raise your sword and come at me if you dare. Else I'll cut you, and your pet, down where you stand!"

But this time, instead of reading the latest rp post, you hear it.

That's because the RP is a Voice RP.

Neo and I were discussing last night and we thought it would be a unique idea to go ahead and create an RP in which you record your post and upload it so that everyone can hear it. In a sense, you'll not only read your actions, but voice what your character would actually say.

The roleplayers can then listen to your post and reply with their own recordings, continuing the RP storyline as normal.

Voice acting has already been used for fan fiction and we hear it all the time in podcasts and dramatic readings. So it would be pretty neat to combine it with roleplaying. We already have a lot of the tools available. All we need to do is implement it.

We would just like your feedback, thoughts, and questions on the idea. We want to discuss it first before we create it and of course we would need an rp storyline to actually get this going.

For more information on Voice Acting: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109409

Tombi
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
HOLY FUUUUUUU--
Yes!!

This is an AWESOME idea. I reckon it'd get a lot of support.

Neo Emolga
02-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Plus there's always the option of adding in sound effects and music as well.

Now we just need an RP storyline made and we can try it out. I don't have any ideas at the moment, but if I think of something, I'll put it down.

Dr Robotnik
02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I love this c: I'll need a microphone, but I love this.

Winter
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I agree. This sounds fun, but I don't think I have a mic...

Dragoness
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I agree. This sounds fun, but I don't think I have a mic...
Good reason to get one then ^_^

This sounds like it will be fun.