PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hate Arceus like I do?

ash_ketchup
02-28-2011, 04:24 AM
I'll have to admit arceus looks kind of cool. But I honestly do not like that pokemon. It is so cheap. And 90% of pokemon trainers nowww have at least 1 legendary in their competitive teams. (not a real percentage) I dont like arceus because all my n00b friends use him and has a team of all different type arceuses. anyone else hate arceus?

Mr420
02-28-2011, 04:31 AM
I happen to like Arceus cause of its multitype ability. Put a plate and its good to go.
Do you perhaps dislike or as you put it HATE Arceus cause you dont have a legit one?

Tsujin
02-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Well yeah anybody is going to hate a whole team of Arceus' or even half a team of Arceus'. That just noob play right there. But Arceus is a very versatile pokemon with great base stats so it's no wonder one would use him. However only 1 is neccesary. He does come with quite a surprise as well considering his Multitype ability and movesets.

Zeraylph
02-28-2011, 04:37 AM
I never use legendarys, since the ones I have already have objectives on what they do, they do it damn fine.

I have no problem with anyone who battles me uses Arceus. I respect what pokemon people like to play with, why should they be restricted on what pokemon they like to play with.
Unless it's a competitive league.

Regardless if I lose or not, it's just a for fun battle.

It's unpredictibility with it's type change makes it a monster to figure out to take down.
But like all pokemon, it can be defeated.

I Once had a Porygon2 with Trace for WonderTomb in my team, never really needed it at all..... meh

Master Zorua
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Mewtwo > Arceus

Arceus has decent stats and has the versatility of changing his typing with plates, but nothing beats good ol' Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is a glass cannon so to speak, he's fast enough to outpace almost everything in the game, and even with Arceus' general stat layout, it's quite easy for Mewtwo to demolish him with Life Orb and a super-effective attack.

Also, the Toys R' Us event Arceus is really crappy. Lv 100 with the lowest range on stats. Not good for online battling in any way, shape or form.

Tsujin
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Mewtwo > Arceus

Arceus has decent stats and has the versatility of changing his typing with plates, but nothing beats good ol' Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is a glass cannon so to speak, he's fast enough to outpace almost everything in the game, and even with Arceus' general stat layout, it's quite easy for Mewtwo to demolish him with Life Orb and a super-effective attack.

Also, the Toys R' Us event Arceus is really crappy. Lv 100 with the lowest range on stats. Not good for online battling in any way, shape or form.

Heh? All Legit Arceus's were Lv. 100 and they weren't crappy if you SR'ed or RNG'd for IV's and EV'd him. I haven't bothered EV training mine but I've got a few different natures that I'm thinking of ideas with for Jolly, Timid, Modest, & Adamant. Just basic ones.

shadowinfernape
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't hate arceus its pretty cool with high base stats but my friends over use arceus and judgement alot, each of them have at least 2 of them in there boxes

Ridley
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Absol looks like Arceus but looks COOLER.

Pokomum
03-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Yes. Me. But only because I can't get hold of one. Very infuriating. Praying Nintendo do an Archeus WiFi event at some point. I do have an inherited hack on a pre-owned platinum game I bought but I won't let it near my other games. It is a very regal looking pokemon though.

Assaundrell Yumerai
03-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Well, I don't have the Pokemon itself, just the persons who use them to gain reputation or in order to win a certain battle.

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 05:10 AM
He's not very hard to take out in a battle though. Also Pokemum. If you want an Arceus you can have a spare one I have. It's Legit from a Toys R Us event I went to.

Pokomum
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
He's not very hard to take out in a battle though. Also Pokemum. If you want an Arceus you can have a spare one I have. It's Legit from a Toys R Us event I went to.

Serious? Not cloned or hacked, a genuine original? If it is I would love you forever.....

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Serious? Not cloned or hacked, a genuine original? If it is I would love you forever.....

Well I can give you the original. I usually clone all of mine when I give them away so we both keep a copy but you can have the "original". However I should say that there isn't anything wrong with cloning. It's as simple as copying and pasting. If I said "Hi how are you?" and then copied and pasted like this: Ctrl+C --> Ctrl+v --> "Hi how are you?" It's the exact same correct? When you clone a pokemon you are just copying and pasting it's data. There is no difference in either pokemon.

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I think she is saying that it takes all the fun out of actually collecting the Pokemon.

Master Zorua
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Heh? All Legit Arceus's were Lv. 100 and they weren't crappy if you SR'ed or RNG'd for IV's and EV'd him. I haven't bothered EV training mine but I've got a few different natures that I'm thinking of ideas with for Jolly, Timid, Modest, & Adamant. Just basic ones.

I believe you never received this event Pokemon via Toy's R Us. The Arceus in this event STARTS AT LV 100! As in YOU CAN'T EV TRAIN HIM! The best you can do is feed him vitamins until it no longer allows you to. And no, not all legit Arceus' are lv. 100. If you get the flute and go to Mt. Coronet, the Arceus you face is Lv. 80. That is the Arceus I use for online competition, but even then I'll take Mewtwo over Arceus any day of the millenium.

Pokomum
03-02-2011, 06:48 PM
I think she is saying that it takes all the fun out of actually collecting the Pokemon.

Yes. You are bang on. For me, if the pokemon are copies it is just not the same. I have a pre-owned platinum game full of hacked shiny's that I inherited from GAME. I am still working out what to do with it. It includes a 'Hall of origin Archeus' but its Hacked, for me its useless.

Well I can give you the original. I usually clone all of mine when I give them away so we both keep a copy but you can have the "original". However I should say that there isn't anything wrong with cloning. It's as simple as copying and pasting. If I said "Hi how are you?" and then copied and pasted like this: Ctrl+C --> Ctrl+v --> "Hi how are you?" It's the exact same correct? When you clone a pokemon you are just copying and pasting it's data. There is no difference in either pokemon.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your kind offer but I would feel really guilty taking your original. I will VM you as I feel I am taking this thread off topic now.

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Not really because you're helping someone out and you both walk away without having to lose anything. Why would you sit there and go oh you can clone my precious pokemon and you have the last one I need for my collection but I won't trade for it because I don't want to have a clone or lose my precious pokemon.

I believe you never received this event Pokemon via Toy's R Us. The Arceus in this event STARTS AT LV 100! As in YOU CAN'T EV TRAIN HIM! The best you can do is feed him vitamins until it no longer allows you to. And no, not all legit Arceus' are lv. 100. If you get the flute and go to Mt. Coronet, the Arceus you face is Lv. 80. That is the Arceus I use for online competition, but even then I'll take Mewtwo over Arceus any day of the millenium.

Yes I did recieve my events myself at Lv. 100 I said that already that they came at Lv. 100.

...All Legit Arceus's were Lv. 100...

And you CAN EV train a Lv. 100 pokemon. It's just a pain in the ass and harder. For every so EV points you have to take said pokemon and place it into the PC and it's stats get recalculated the same way placing a fainted or close to fainting pokemon into the PC heals it. By doing this it IS possible to EV train a Lv. 100 pokemon. Also Azure Flutes weren't taken into consideration for this because they aren't even Legit. You have to hack an Azure Flute into the game just to get him. That would constitute him as Hacked. So yeah doesn't count.

Mr420
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Courtesy of Bulbapedia Arceus (Japanese: アルセウス Arceus) is a Normal-type legendary Pokémon. However, its type will change when it is holding one of sixteen items known as plates and can in reality be any type.

Like Darkrai and Shaymin before it, Arceus was not officially recognized by Nintendo until February 2009, the year of its debut movie. It was later revealed by the official site on August 3rd, 2009.

Arceus is also known as "The Original One," as it is said that it created Sinnoh, and possibly the entire Pokémon universe, along with the lake guardians and creation trio. Arceus can only be found in the wild legitimately with the Azure Flute, which has not yet been distributed officially and can currently only be obtained by cheating. However, Arceus itself was distributed via multiple Nintendo events in 2009 and 2010.

in Pokomum's case i see where you're going and i hope you get to Legitly catchem all

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes. You are bang on. For me, if the pokemon are copies it is just not the same. I have a pre-owned platinum game full of hacked shiny's that I inherited from GAME. I am still working out what to do with it. It includes a 'Hall of origin Archeus' but its Hacked, for me its useless.
I understand the feeling, if I had to pick between not having a legend and having a hacked one I would much rather just go without...

DRAKING
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
What's not to like about this Pokemon? The only reason you hate him is because he is too strong... :rolleyes:

I think he is Awesome. I really like the fact he can be almost anything you want, however I still think I'd go for a Normal version. Extremespeed AND Judgment with STAB... ouch!

Steak
03-03-2011, 01:51 AM
My Arceus set is as follows:
Arceus@Steel Plate
-Extremespeed
-Shadow Force
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake

...u mad?
I like the versatility of Arceus. But being Arceus, I wouldn't use 'im seriously in any kind of competitive match. But he's a pretty cool guy.

The Elite Ygseto
03-03-2011, 03:04 AM
What's not to like about this Pokemon? The only reason you hate him is because he is too strong... :rolleyes:

I think he is Awesome. I really like the fact he can be almost anything you want, however I still think I'd go for a Normal version. Extremespeed AND Judgment with STAB... ouch!

The only reason I wouldn't use normal type with him is that you can hit nothing for super effect damage, and thats one of the beauties of having that multi type ability, he can fill a hole in your team that you need. Extremespeed without the stab is still a great move going off of his base 120 Atk.

I think I would personally like to use a grass type with him, no reason but the fact that using a grass judgement would be cool to me. Hahaha.

Also, to the people who don't have a legit Arcues i'll be happy to give you one. Mine is from the Japanese movie release. Just shoot me a PM and I'll trade you one :)

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Not really because you're helping someone out and you both walk away without having to lose anything. Why would you sit there and go oh you can clone my precious pokemon and you have the last one I need for my collection but I won't trade for it because I don't want to have a clone or lose my precious pokemon.

No offense, but this makes no sense. Pokomum had just said that what I said was what she thought. You are telling me that it isn't what she thinks.

That is like making a scientific hypothesis. You shouldn't really write, "I think" before your hypothesis, because the hypothesis isn't about what you think, it is about what will happen in your prediction. However, that analogy is a little useless, but it gets the point across.

You have no argument to make because what I said was true, and you are trying to write out what she thinks.

-Long live Negima.

Tsujin
03-03-2011, 10:13 PM
No offense, but this makes no sense. Pokomum had just said that what I said was what she thought. You are telling me that it isn't what she thinks.

That is like making a scientific hypothesis. You shouldn't really write, "I think" before your hypothesis, because the hypothesis isn't about what you think, it is about what will happen in your prediction. However, that analogy is a little useless, but it gets the point across.

You have no argument to make because what I said was true, and you are trying to write out what she thinks.

Wrong. You're jumping to conclusions. I never said that what I wrote had anything to do with what she thought. It's called disagreement. I said that cloning doesn't really take the fun out of collecting Pokemon. Now if you wish to continue this you can VM or PM me because this is entirely off topic from the thread.

Mr420
03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
im glad to have my Global Link Arceus thats all

Altrius
03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Ive never liked using legendaries in games. I have a few legendaries I think are pretty damn cool looking, but they're usually the 'weaker' legendaries. In my honest opinion, I think Arceus looks stupid. Never liked the artwork, and never liked the english dub voice.

Still, if people wanna use them so they can power they're way to win and boast about how big their e-peen is, im not going to stop them. I'll just smile to myself and think how insecure they must be to thrash somebody with a pokemon they probably dont even like. I prefer to win with my favorites anyways. You know. 'Weak' normal pokemon.

All-Star
03-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Yea, I don't like to use Pokemon I don't like either.

Something like Arcanine or Charizard is always in my team.

I might start using Zekrom, though. He looks really cool. I actually like him.

Oh, I hate Arceus, too.

3m0d0ll
03-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Here's my theory:
If Arceus is on your team, you fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff it.
If Arceus is on your opponet's team you ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff it.

hazzaboy
03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
i like arceus as well its legendary and looks cool but having a team of legendaries is just a waste of time come on its not fair against the other team with none or olny a few but if you have a team of ledgenaries its fine!

Quiet Camerupt
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I've always hated Arceus. But not because of his stats, not because of his ability to become any type, not because of his thousands of possible practical movesets, nor even because many others might revere it. No, I hate Arceus because of his design. To me, his design is absolute garbage, makes no sense, and is just overall really annoying to look at. If they were to make a pokemon god, able to become any type via held item, I think they could have created something much better.

In my honest opinion, I think Arceus looks stupid. Never liked the artwork, and never liked the english dub voice.

This.

Noob
05-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't care much about Arceus but I don't hate it.

The only thing I dislike about it is all the trainers who use hacked ones.

Typhlosion Explosion
05-22-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't care much about Arceus but I don't hate it.

The only thing I dislike about it is all the trainers who use hacked ones.

I agree. I don't hate it. It is just it isn't that cool of a Pokemon. It isn't cute or cool or anything. It is actually kinda Ugly. But, It is very powerful if you use it right.

Judge Dredd
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Arceus is unique i may not like the way it looks but as mr420 stated its ability to change based on plates is cool. No other Pokemon can become any other type in that way.
I dont think people know how to use it correctly in battle so ive never had a problem beating one

Dino
06-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm not a fan of Arceus.

It is a good, strong, powerful pokemon when used correctly. It can be strong when used by noobs too.

The thing though is, its design does not stand out to me.
I don't find him very cool, cute, or whatever people search for in pokemon's appearances. So he just becomes kinda... blah another legendary.

Machampion
06-09-2011, 07:04 PM
It's ugly and only used because its a LEGENDARY which ya know, noobs use alot.

It's not that good, To me it's just trash I sweep away because people think "I need the fire type and fire move to match so that it makes sense" I used it in D/P a little and did something much different and better, I used Psychic moves with a dread plate (Dark-type plate). Cause people would think its psychic then use a ghost move only to find that they were fooled which gave me a bonus turn.

With that said.. I think that's the only possible stragetic tactic when using this exaggerated pile of crap.

Mr420
06-09-2011, 08:46 PM
allow me to retort.

Its not a pile of crap. Im begining to think that the REAL reason everyone hates Arceus is due to that you never know what TYPE of Arceus you'd be battling and that puts a huge dent in ONEs strategy (Im not singling out any1, this is a genral remark)

Every one TYPE has its weekneses and not knowing the weakness of ONEs opponent has to be a scary thing..

The pokemaster
06-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Guys, Arceus changes colour to match it's type, so it's pretty easy to figure out what type is.

Tsujin
06-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Guys, Arceus changes colour to match it's type, so it's pretty easy to figure out what type is.

So when it's purple is it Ghost or Poison?

The pokemaster
06-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Poison is pink and ghost is dark purple and red.

atucker22
06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm not a huge fan of him, but I wouldn't say I hate him.

Arceus is unique i may not like the way it looks but as mr420 stated its ability to change based on plates is cool. No other Pokemon can become any other type in that way.

And not to rain on your parade or anything, but Genosect can kind of change based on items, but it's just the type of one move, not the whole poke itself

Mr420
06-10-2011, 04:09 PM

:crackup:, trick question Tsu
Your Arceus is holding a DRACO plate :crackup:

UltimateBrawl
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM
In all honestly, to me, my opinion is Arceus introduces a whole new level of strategy. It forces you to balance types, and allows you to chain attacks together in more creative ways due to the fact it can learn any move. Those who think Arceus is cheap are kidding themselves. Level 100 Pokemon are not invincible(as I learned the hard way while fighting Red). Overall, Arceus is actually not the greatest pick for a battle, especially if he has a plate. If your opinion differs from mine, feel free to say so.

Viva la Gofre
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
In all honestly, to me, my opinion is Arceus introduces a whole new level of strategy. It forces you to balance types, and allows you to chain attacks together in more creative ways due to the fact it can learn any move. Those who think Arceus is cheap are kidding themselves. Level 100 Pokemon are not invincible(as I learned the hard way while fighting Red). Overall, Arceus is actually not the greatest pick for a battle, especially if he has a plate. If your opinion differs from mine, feel free to say so.
Actually it cannot learn every move, or even every TM. Smeargle is the only Pokemon with that honour.

Jessu
07-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Poison is pink and ghost is dark purple and red.

But psychic is pink o.o

Foxamivalth
07-04-2011, 02:40 AM
I neither hate it nor like it.
It is ugly, though.
It's the second Legendary that I don't want to use after the first, Regigigas!

MoonKit
07-04-2011, 04:28 AM
I don't hate the stats. I hate the Pokemon.

It looks ugly, and the english voice is stupid. As everyone knows, the Japanese is once again better. The multytype ability is annoying and stupid. With him not knowing every single bloody move on the planet, there is absolutely no use.

Alonso
07-11-2011, 07:43 AM
The problem isn't Arceus. The problem is that they make too many legendaries per game.

First generation had the 3 birds, Mewtwo and Mew. I think that was a good amount: 5.

Second generation had the 3 beasts, the 2 game mascots and Celebi. 6 legendaries wasn't too high. Acceptable.

Then the inflation began in the third generation: the 3 golems, the 3 game mascots, Jirachi, Deoxys and the Latis. Were the Latis really necessary and then there was Deoxys out of nowhere. I only found out about Deoxys through a friend a year after Ruby/Sapphire came out. Yeah it was a cool Pokemon but still... 10 legendary Pokemon.

The fourth generation made things worse: The 3 lake guardians, the 3 game mascots, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, and Arceus. 14 in all... They just went too far. Did we really need all those legendaries. What was the point of Regigas and Heatran? Too many.

I have yet to finish my White Version as I have only just acquired my second badge. I don't know how many legendaries there are in this generation other than the 2 game mascots. Yea I could check online to find out how many there are but I'd rather play and find out for myself.

Master Aqua
07-11-2011, 02:55 PM

6 trio legends
3 dragon legends
3 event legends

Cepheus
07-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Personally, I don't count the legends that don't occur naturally in the game PART of the game...

I think Arceus is cool.. I'd really like to get one. In order to do so, someone has to trade me an event/cloned/hacked one. I can't get one by simply playing the game.. So in that regard, yes it is lame.

Same goes for Darkrai, Shaymin, Deoxys, etc...

Caspian
07-19-2011, 02:24 AM
I think it was a pretty cool idea, and we got to learn what the "god" of Pokemon was, so I don't really hate it. It has a pretty nice design, too.

Technology
07-19-2011, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't say hate but i'd use dislike instead, it is kind of ridiculous having an Arceus on your team but some people just like to battle that way. I would suggest you let your friends know about battling tiers and tell them it is nooby having a legendary Pokémon on your team.

Greens
08-05-2011, 07:06 AM
What's to not like about this Pokemon? The only deliver about you loathe him is using the reason that he is as well strong...

I think he is Awesome. I really such as the actuality he could be almost something you want, however I nevertheless think I'd choose any common version. Extremespeed AND Judgment with STAB... ouch!

EpicZekrom
08-18-2011, 10:07 PM
I dont hate it, I acrtually rather like Arceus, for show anyhow. I am not much on using him in battles, at least agaisnt people over WiFi or against friends. As for having a legendaryin my team I usually have one, though it's usually giratina or one of the second gen ones like Ho-Oh or Suicune.

As for as i am concerned Arceus is jsut there to sit pretty and look good for me. that and when i sue him against othes on Wifi or friends i feel cheap.

twistedspoon
08-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I dislike Arceus rather than hating him.
he just seems too, over exaggerated. Everyone thinks he's the greatest Pokemon ever due to him being viewed as the God. That's the only reason i dislike him. Plus he seems too, err, gaudy in a way. i had always envisioned a Pokemon "god" as more of a spiritual being, or ghost in a way.

His whole type changing mechanics are pretty cool though, too.

Frost Dragon
08-18-2011, 10:31 PM
I mainly think he's overrated, I dont really hate him.