PDA

View Full Version : No Free Gift With Preorder?

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 03:39 AM
So I caved and pre-ordered from EBgames...
But I noticed they aren't giving away anything with this generations pre-order, unlike the last one.
I wish something like pokedolls were more common give aways, like the stuffed dog I got for pre-ordering a long ago Harvest Moon game :biggrin:

Neo Emolga
03-02-2011, 05:09 AM
Yeah, that would be a nice little bonus.

I'm still deciding whether to preorder in the first place and give mainstream Pokemon games one last chance.

Rhys!
03-02-2011, 05:13 AM
I pre-ordered it from an Australian shop, and it doesn't come with anything.

When I got Diamond/Platinum/SoulSilver, they all came with the guide book.

Mr420
03-02-2011, 05:17 AM
thus far I've only heard of TRU giving away a small Pika Plush or a Zekrom or Reshiram Wall Cling with your pre order.
When HG/SS came out TRU didnt have alot of adverts but when you preordered those you got a nifty HG/SS shirt

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 05:27 AM
O.o
When I think Toys r' Us the first thing to come to mind isn't video game pre-order..I guess because ordering from them would be an even longer wait where I live...

Charizard Michelle
03-02-2011, 05:55 AM
I remember Toys R Us was giving away wall clings. The main site mention it but I too lazy to dig up the news post. Still that was the only give away I heard of.

Also if I remember correctly I don't think the Japanese gave anything away with BW. I remember for HGSS that the Japanese gave away the small Lugia and Ho-oh figurines and that carried over to the US.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-02-2011, 05:57 AM
I pre-ordered it from an Australian shop, and it doesn't come with anything.

When I got Diamond/Platinum/SoulSilver, they all came with the guide book.
Really? Every Australian shop seems to be giving out something different xD I still can't choose what to get...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/9122/australian-pre-order-bonuses-for-pokemon-black-white

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 06:03 AM
I still wish they would've given out a figurine that they started with Platinum. They should've just continued that for like ever. I was extremely disappointed to here there was nothing but from TRU. I pre-ordered at Gamestop too before I heard anything about the TRU giveaway.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Really? Every Australian shop seems to be giving out something different xD I still can't choose what to get...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/9122/australian-pre-order-bonuses-for-pokemon-black-white
:O...
You are sooo lucky O.o
I want to live there now X3

Zeraylph
03-02-2011, 06:37 AM
>.> Gamestop is giving no gift.

:sad:

Pokomum
03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I pre-ordered from Toys are Us here, who were reasonably priced and giving away a pack with two stylus, a screen protector and a cleaning cloth. Gamemaster are giving away a 3 stylus pack and as far as I could see GAME were giving away diddly squat.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Found this list on Pokebeach:

* Amazon.com: Pre-order one, get a $10 credit on Amazon.
* Best Buy: Pre-order one, receive 500 bonus Reward Zone points at Best Buy.
* Gamestop: Pre-order one, get the Pokemon Black and White Prima Strategy Guide for 20% off.
* K-Mart: Buy Black from March 6th to 12th, get White for half off. Buy the DSi bundle, get any other Pokemon game for free.
* Target: Pre-order one, get a $5 gift card.
* Toys R Us: Pre-order one, get a Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling. Or, buy any DS game on March 6th and get another half off (including Black and White). Buy Black or White on Sunday, get a Legendary Kit for free.
* Wal-Mart: Purchase one, get the Pokemon Black and White Prima Strategy Guide for 25% off.

Badal
03-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Found this list on Pokebeach:
Sadly in India, they have none of those companies. If I were to pre-order it, I'd have to do it through Play-Asia. I won Japanese versions of the game in a tournament on Bulbagarden, and haven beaten it yet ^_^'
So I dont know if I want to pre-order it or not.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Sadly in India, they have none of those companies. If I were to pre-order it, I'd have to do it through Play-Asia. I won Japanese versions of the game in a tournament on Bulbagarden, and haven beaten it yet ^_^'
So I dont know if I want to pre-order it or not.
Wouldn't buying from somewhere like ebay or amazon be cheaper than a from Japan company? o.o
Of course I wouldn't know if pokemon comes out in something besides Japanese or english where you live to start with...

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Who cares about the "Prima Guide". That things like 20-25 bucks max anyways. I don't want a crappy guide with my game for 20% off. You can beat this game without a guide and still find everything no problem when you're like 8 years old.

Badal
03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Wouldn't buying from somewhere like ebay or amazon be cheaper than a from Japan company? o.o
Of course I wouldn't know if pokemon comes out in something besides Japanese or english where you live to start with...
Well yeah, but they take loads of time to deliver to India, wheras Play-Asia is just neighbouring (China) and takes less time.

Winter
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I was told by one of cashiers at Gamestop that they personally are doing a download for Victini if you preorder, but he was also being confusing. XD They may also put up bonuses at the last minute--took forever for the bonus Cloud outfit for Duodecim promo to get put on-site, even though the SE announced it at least two weeks before.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Who cares about the "Prima Guide". That things like 20-25 bucks max anyways. I don't want a crappy guide with my game for 20% off. You can beat this game without a guide and still find everything no problem when you're like 8 years old.
*lol*
Well, that makes me feel just peachy -.-
*uses guide and likes them*
*has gotten a prima guide for every game since the first one and loves it for graphics besides just liking the feel of having something paper vs. say, gamefaqs, if she is looking for an item*
I was told by one of cashiers at Gamestop that they personally are doing a download for Victini if you preorder,

Hmmm..most likely only if you are actually there in person *sigh* To me it's not truly a pre-order as much if you can actually go right there and get it, it's more of a hold. Where as with an order it is shipped to you 6.6

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 08:21 PM
*lol*
Well, that makes me feel just peachy -.-
*uses guide and likes them*
*has gotten a prima guide for every game since the first one and loves it for graphics besides just liking the feel of having something paper vs. say, gamefaqs, if she is looking for an item*

Hmmm..most likely only if you are actually there in person *sigh* To me it's not truly a pre-order as much if you can actually go right there and get it, it's more of a hold. Where as with an order it is shipped to you 6.6

Okay well that was a bit harsh. But honestly, a guide? I mean yeah the guides can be kinda cool to own and look at every now and then but it's not like you're really using it to get around every single step and corner of the game. If I'm getting a gift I'd rather something I can actually use like a stylus or case. (Wishes I had enough money to buy the bundle with the DSi and case!) or a figurine or keychain or something to show off instead. I've only gotten 2 guides before though. One for D/P and for HG/SS and that was only for the comprehensive pokedex in the back so when looking for movesets on my competitive team I wouldn't have to look up their moveset on Serebii and Smogon and could do so away fro the computer.

Also, how is the Victini and pre-order?! They're going to be giving them away to anyone that comes and buys their game within like the first week. It's a downloadable event just like the beasts! They're not going to sit there and be like hey you pre-ordered! Step aside and recieve this Pokemon that nobody else can get while I brodcast it wirelessly~ :D. :/

Plus it's being given out via Wifi at the same time. So it's not really exclusive. The Liberty Pass you get from Gamestop isn't going to say Gamestop on the Pass and I doubt they're actually giving you a Victini as just the pokemon itself instead of the pass.

Skylands
03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I put my money on TRU's deal. I just pray Gamestop won't turn around and announce that they will be giving away Reshiram/Zekrom figures. Even though it's a bit late, you never know.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, yes I do use the guide to actually um, guide me at certain parts. Not every step but there are areas where I get a bit stuck. Plus it is nice to know if my chance to get an item is only a one shot dealie that will die if I don't get it at a certain time, or something I have to go all the way back to an early town to get ah la, the King's Rock -.-

I will not be going to a downloadable event simply because I can never get to one where I live so I would hope they have all gone to wifi at this point. However, I just lately got wifi at all, as there are no free hotspots where I live, so anything that was on wifi before now is lost to me anyway :P. Yay?

The Elite Ygseto
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I was disappointed in the lack of any little toys or goodies from gamestop. I don't care much for guides (overpriced when I can just pull up gamefaqs on my phone/iPad/computer whenever I need it). When I made my preorder I asked about any little bonuses and they said the in store events were as far as it was going with the beasts and celebi, which I guess makes sence considering they activate something in the new games.

Tsujin
03-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah they told me the same. I asked and they were like were giving away these events and I was just like....awesome....I've already known about those for like months...

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I was disappointed in the lack of any little toys or goodies from gamestop. I don't care much for guides (overpriced when I can just pull up gamefaqs on my phone/iPad/computer whenever I need it). When I made my preorder I asked about any little bonuses and they said the in store events were as far as it was going with the beasts and celebi, which I guess makes sence considering they activate something in the new games.
It seems a shame the lack of toys, what with pokedolls being so ..everywhere in Japan. It wouldn't take much to maybe give us a B/W themed Pikachu or something like it :)

The Elite Ygseto
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm waiting for the day to arrive where they give you a free DSi when you preorder pokemon games. One day maybe?

Mr420
03-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Well, yes I do use the guide to actually um, guide me at certain parts. Not every step but there are areas where I get a bit stuck. Plus it is nice to know if my chance to get an item is only a one shot dealie that will die if I don't get it at a certain time, or something I have to go all the way back to an early town to get ah la, the King's Rock -.-

I will not be going to a downloadable event simply because I can never get to one where I live so I would hope they have all gone to wifi at this point. However, I just lately got wifi at all, as there are no free hotspots where I live, so anything that was on wifi before now is lost to me anyway :P. Yay?

really there's noKFC where you live, KFC has free hotspot I've used my DSi there. its pretty compatible with DS.

Winter
03-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Or a McDonald's? I think they have free WiFi as well...

And like I said, he wasn't being incredibly clear about it when he mentioned it. I said it was supposed to be a WiFi event and he simply said they were doing it there. Of course, they also made it sound like that for the other extras, too... 'Course I preordered anyway because it's nice to know I don't have to worry about getting there and it being sold out.

RocketMeowth
03-02-2011, 11:46 PM
I preordered and didn't expect any free gift. The last time I made a pre-order I was promised both the Lugia figurine and the Ho-oh one (I got both HG and SS) but when I went to get them and my games, they were out. They even said they were getting a shipment in later that day of more. Never happened.

=D So yeah, I wasn't really expecting any gift. Heck, the games are my gift! YAY GIFT!

=^^= Nya

Orange_Flaaffy
03-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Our McDonald's actually doesn't, at least it doesn't the times I tried :P. Sneaking around looking for one that isn't locked was pretty shady of me I admit, but now I have my own so yay!

I got a toy before, what can I say, I'm spoiled with all the fancy extras :3

Rival Silver
03-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Hmm reminds me of when I preorderd Soul Silver, first come first serve, and I never got my preorder gift, makeing my preorder, virtually worthless.

Gokudera-Kun
03-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Hmm reminds me of when I preorderd Soul Silver, first come first serve, and I never got my preorder gift, makeing my preorder, virtually worthless.
Except you got a copy of the game you pre-ordered, while the Ho-oh/Lugia penciltop or whatever would probably just uselessly sit around somewhere.

I don't even know where mine is. :X

Tsujin
03-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Except you got a copy of the game you pre-ordered, while the Ho-oh/Lugia penciltop or whatever would probably just uselessly sit around somewhere.

I don't even know where mine is. :X

It's just a Statue I think and I got mine on my TV stand along with my Origin Giratina. :D

Pokemon_Ron
03-03-2011, 01:51 AM
So I caved and pre-ordered from EBgames...
But I noticed they aren't giving away anything with this generations pre-order, unlike the last one.
I wish something like pokedolls were more common give aways, like the stuffed dog I got for pre-ordering a long ago Harvest Moon game :biggrin:

I'm thoroughly surprised at this. I never really thought of the Figurines too much, but I'm gonna miss getting my Gen V one.:neutral:

Grimowl
03-05-2011, 11:04 PM
I preordered in a store called GAME here in Norway(think it's only in Sweden and Norway), and I got a Lugia figurine, prolly same one that came with HGSS. ...for the record, I got an Arceus figurine when I preordered Heart Gold, heh.

k_pop
03-08-2011, 01:54 AM
My little sister just got her Pokemon Black from Target today and she got a Pokemon BW Art Folio with it. There's 15 4x6" cards in a folder with artwork of the region, trainers, and Pokemon. The backside of each card has short little blurbs about what's on the front. I'm at Target every week to shop and I never saw it advertised. I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna go get White with art folio from there or just stick with Gamestop. *shrugs*