PDA

View Full Version : Shiny already

Altrius
03-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Okay, so ive been playing for an hour, and I just caught a Shiny Lilipup. Has anybody else been so lucky to get a shiny yet or?

Gokudera-Kun
03-05-2011, 01:39 AM
I caught a Shiny Drilbur on a Japanese play-through, but I have no way of trading it to other games. Which is a shame, because it just looked so cool.

DancingDodo
03-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Just caught myself a nice shiny Cofagrigus on white ^_^

Mr420
03-05-2011, 07:13 PM
I had better luck on my SS which granted me a shiny on like the 3rd or 4th day playing. I've got 300 hrs on White already and no shiny yet.

DratiniLover
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I have never been fortunate enough to discover and catch a wild shiny Pokemon in all of the Pokemon games I own - exceptions being guaranteed Pokemon such as the Red Gyarados, but that isn't taken into account.

Primal Link
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
i got a shiny patrat on route 3 on my first day, its almost as they changed the probability of shinys for this gen.

Gokudera-Kun
03-06-2011, 11:12 PM
I just caught a Shiny Munna at the Dreamyard.

Zan Sabrefang
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Lucky people.
I haven't seen a single shiny yet and I've had the game since Friday.
Oh well...

Pokemon_Ron
03-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Okay, so ive been playing for an hour, and I just caught a Shiny Lilipup. Has anybody else been so lucky to get a shiny yet or?

Just caught myself a nice shiny Cofagrigus on white ^_^

Nice catches to both of you! Hopefully I encounter a shiny in Unova!

Skylands
03-07-2011, 08:36 PM
A shiny Wootbat appeared in Wellspring Cave when I was training, but here's what happened:

My Blitzle lowered its HP down halfway and when I was ready to throw a Pokeball, I meant to click the Bag tab with my DS stylus, but accidentally hit the Run tab. So FFFFFU.

Primal Link
03-07-2011, 08:44 PM
A shiny Wootbat appeared in Wellspring Cave when I was training, but here's what happened:

My Blitzle lowered its HP down halfway and when I was ready to throw a Pokeball, I meant to click the Bag tab with my DS stylus, but accidentally hit the Run tab. So FFFFFU.
oh thats just not fair on you...

Orange_Flaaffy
03-07-2011, 09:42 PM

That is why I use my finger to play pokemon. It's never let me down :D

Pokomum
03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Ok...You lot are just showing off now...... Not ONCE have I ever came across a shiny in the wild. Except Red Gyarados ..... And he doesn't count. I've played Ruby, Pearl, Platinum (before I stood on it and had to buy another) SS and HG, and so far diddly squat. Lets see if Black or White cave in. :rolleyes:

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Betchya no one has ever gotten a shiny on Pokemon Blue xD

I never got one in the GBA versions ('cept Firered), but a few times in Platinum. Not once on here though.

- Long live Negima!

Natolio
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I caught a shiny lillipup. It was the third wild pokemon to appear for me. If it evolves will it remain shiny?

Gokudera-Kun
03-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I caught a shiny lillipup. It was the third wild pokemon to appear for me. If it evolves will it remain shiny?
No, evolution doesnt erase the Shiny appearance, it'd suck if it did.

CHIMCHAR13
03-08-2011, 03:44 AM
I probably would've found a shiny by now if I didn't keep spamming repels.

TsukiKaiki64
03-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Found a shiny Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest, man was I surprised. I love her, though. I'm glad I caught a shiny that is actually worthwhile.
Not that long ago I caught a shiny Watchog too. I think the shiny rate in this game went up...

Acer-V
03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I didn't manage to find a shiny until after I beat the E4, but it was a good one: a Drifblim (Lv 53 if I remember right)...

Woodchuck
03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
The only legitimate shiny I've ever encountered was a Poochyena in Ruby. I accidentally KO'd it. I haven't seen a single shiny in Black yet.

Arch Enemy
03-18-2011, 05:11 AM
I probably would've found a shiny by now if I didn't keep spamming repels.

Haha. I find it a bit annoying to see a wild Pokémon appear almost every time you step on a grass, so I do that too! xDD

Anyway, I haven't found any shines yet unfortunately. I wish I did though! I haven't caught (or encountered) a Shiny in a long time.

Lord Fedora
03-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I found a Shiny Rufflet in a Nuzlocke. First encounter. It was a really good day.

Jessu
03-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a shiny Rapidash and Crobat sitting on my Gold version. Then there's a shiny Crobat that a friend gave to me back in the GBA days that's sitting somewhere in my SS, as well as an SR'd shiny Ho-oh on my HG. :3

I've yet to find one on Black though. I hope I find one soon, I've had my copy since the day it came out over here. xD

Latio-Nytro
03-20-2011, 01:20 AM
I've STILL been unable to find one wild Shiny since who-knows-when. I've needed to transfer over the Event Shiny Pichu/Suicune/Entei/Raikou to say I have a shiny Pokemon at all.

And I've seen people with Shiny Eelektross, up for trade on the GTS.

Bombazzzo
03-20-2011, 09:08 PM
I went into white looking to train a patrat, i accidentally KO'd the first one i found, the second wild pokemon found in white was a shiny patrat :D

CHAMPION Destric
03-21-2011, 12:11 PM
I remember when I caught my shiny Tentacruel in Pearl, on the way to victory road.

Saraibre Ryu
03-22-2011, 07:09 AM

Yes, shiny Pokemon will remain shiny when they evolve

I caught a shiny Litwick in Celestial Tower. I almost died when I saw it and had to freak out to all my friends before I actually caught it.

And then I was complaining that I didn't bring any repels with me...of the IRONY

The pokemaster
03-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I read somewhere (don`t remember where so don`t hold me to it) that they have actually increased the shiny rate. I caught me a shiny darumaka so that was alright, couple of my friends got a garbador and a pawniard though, same route too.

Pokemon Master draco
03-22-2011, 02:50 PM
i was lucky enough to get a shiny oshawott from egg earlier.

Pokomum
03-23-2011, 02:44 AM
OK. So I just came across my 1st ever shiny. A Whirlipede in Pinwheel Forest.

It just HAD to be in a bloody double battle didn't it and my Dewott just wrote it off. Just to rub salt into the wound my pokedex confirmed it...... and is there to remind me. Great.

Should change my user name to "Hacked Off" but that would just be an understatement.

camds
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
The first pokemon I saw in the desert was a shiny sandile.
I caught it and now its evolved to a Krookodile I hate it,
seriously, one of the ugliest shinies ever.
Its. eyes. There so. Beady.

Husnain
03-23-2011, 11:07 PM
no shiny for me yet, I have bad luck!! :cry2:

Speed-X
03-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Hahahah! No, but I wish. I do remember randomly encountering a shiny Whismur in my Sapphire game, though, like at 1:00 in the morning on my SP. I was just training my Pokeymans, when suddenly it appeared, and I was all, "O____O OH MY GOD."

I will probably never forget the major feeling of shock I felt when that happened. I actually felt that odd feeling that I get when I get rejected, like a rush of heat / a stabbing feeling. XD Major shock. I actually had to remind myself that what I was seeing on the screen was a good thing. XD A really, really good thing.

And then I finally put it on SoulSilver. Really need to transfer it to White...speaking of which, I need to transfer the 3 beasts over so I can get Zoroark. >|3

Neo Emolga
03-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Saw a shiny Shelmet, but I fainted it. Figured it had to appear on a Nuzlocke run. XD

TRK4ever
03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Haven't seen any besides the couple form Soul silver I have.(charizard,Gyrados,Pichu,Secptile)

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I have seven shinies in Pokemon Black and two in White.

Cucumber
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I haven't come across any yet and I have 55 hours put into my game :/. In Emerald I caught a shiny Wurmple and in Leaf Green I caught a shiny Mankey. Hopefully I'll get some luck in this game.

Zan Sabrefang
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
112 hours in (I get really bored at work) and still no shiny for me.
I may need to start rubbing against some of you for good luck.
In a purely superstitious way.
Not an "I wanna buy you dinner first" kinda way.
Just so we're clear.
Alright?
Alright.

Disco
03-30-2011, 02:20 PM
And once you're finished with that, you can rub against me to set up some luck for me as well.
Don't worry, I wouldn't mind if you bought me dinner first.

Free food.

karma34
04-02-2011, 04:04 AM
Geez, I have never once even seen a legitimate shiny in any of the games I have played. With at least 100 hours in every generation since yellow...that is a pretty sad state of luck I must say. I'm to the point where I am too old for these games and this one is my last chance.

Pokemon Genius 123
04-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I have a shiny female krookodile (Caught in desert resort) :biggrin:

Randor
04-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I have a shiny Blitzle and a shiny Petilil :)
I got the Blitzle in a trade and the Petilil naturally :)

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Geez, I have never once even seen a legitimate shiny in any of the games I have played. With at least 100 hours in every generation since yellow...that is a pretty sad state of luck I must say. I'm to the point where I am too old for these games and this one is my last chance.

Jeez, two things about this statement:

I would hope that you would have never come across a shiny in Red and Blue, since they never existed in those games. I also sincerely hoping that statement was just a joke, because you are never too old for Pokemon games.

Lacesso
04-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I've only managed to get shinies through the PRNG reporter. I had knocked up well over 400 hours on my Sapphire game before it got erased and another 200 after. Emerald was 300, reset and 500 I think it's at now.

Gen 4 is no different. Diamond knocked up about 150 hours before I lost the game cart and my platinum is currently at 398 or something.

Black is at 100 and I'm hoping this will finally be the game I don't have to use the RNG to find a shiny.

Gen 2 wasn't really played for a long time so I didn't include that. Still no shinies there tho.

Judgmental Arceus
04-03-2011, 12:03 AM
When it comes to shinies for me:
Gen 3: killed a shiny Numel -.-
Gen 4: Own a shiny Roserade and a shiny Golem. Nearly had a shiny Dugtrio and a shiny Cacturn but I KOed them unintentionally
Gen 5: Only have a shiny Audino. Nothing more.

Latio-Nytro
04-09-2011, 01:39 AM
My freaking luck.

I, Like Arcemegus, encountered a Shiny Audino, rather early into my second Nuzlocke run on White, and captured it sucessfully...And this was quite early in the game, I didn't even get onto Route 3 yet...Just won the Trio Badge and cleaned up those Plasma Goons in the Dreamyard...However, considering that I already KO'ed the Purrloin on Route 2, and sucessfully captured another in the Dreamyard, that meant that the capture of the Shiny Audino, done on Route 2, was illegal. I had to nickname it Necros (It was evil to pop up like that), stash it in the Hospitol Box (Meaning it was immediatly considered a casualty), and had just lost the ability to capture any more Audino, all as part of the rules. That really sucked-No useable Audino for me. :rolleyes:

But I still caught it. :crackup: My first fifth-Gen Shiny, and My first legitly found and caught Shiny other than the Event Shinies and The Red Gyrados since Gen 3.