PDA

View Full Version : BW Question and Answer Thread

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/246oxvc.png

Got a quick question about Pokemon Black & White that doesn't require much discussion or a whole thread? Post in here!

The Elite Ygseto
03-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Anyone know how far in the game (in terms of badges) that you get the Larvesta egg? I'm wanting to train one before the E4 but I know they dont evolve till effin Lv. 59 and I don't want to be trying to train something from Lv 1 right before the E4.

Ayotui
03-05-2011, 08:35 PM
well you need surf to get to route 18, and you need the jet badge(6th badge) to get surf.
you get the egg on route 18 btw

The Elite Ygseto
03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
That's not bad, I'll have to see how I'm feeling when I get that far in the game to see if I'll actually train it.

Galdr
03-05-2011, 11:21 PM
The egg will take a long time to hatch as well, so a Flame Body/ Magma Armor might be needed. Also it doesn't evolve until level 59... so unless you're just getting it for the dex. Just giving you a heads up ^^

Ceromax
03-10-2011, 12:29 AM
how does entra link work? i went to it and tried to cross into someones world(?) and it just says connecting And does for a long time is there something i need(yes i have wifi connection) like do i have to add a persons friend code?

Tsujin
03-10-2011, 01:20 AM
how does entra link work? i went to it and tried to cross into someones world(?) and it just says connecting And does for a long time is there something i need(yes i have wifi connection) like do i have to add a persons friend code?

The Entralink is only for the Dream World. You connect to it whenever you send a pokemon from the Dream World into your game so since the Dream World won't be up till the 30th there's no point in going there right now.

Ceromax
03-10-2011, 04:17 AM
The Entralink is only for the Dream World. You connect to it whenever you send a pokemon from the Dream World into your game so since the Dream World won't be up till the 30th there's no point in going there right now.

ok thanks i didnt know if i was doing something wrong

Speed-X
03-11-2011, 03:07 AM
It's not just for the Dream World, though. Apparently there's also a few other features.

Tsujin
03-11-2011, 07:47 PM
It's not just for the Dream World, though. Apparently there's also a few other features.

Ah, I hadn't looked much farther about it. I forgot about all of that since all I was able to do with my Japanese version was go to the Entralink Forest since nobody had Black and White yet.

Heres more infomation about everything the Entralink entails.

Entralink (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/entralink.shtml)

Pokemon Master draco
03-21-2011, 06:25 PM
is it possible to get shiny oshawott/snivy/tepig starter?

Viva la Gofre
03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
is it possible to get shiny oshawott/snivy/tepig starter?
Yes it is. Save before choosing which one you want and SR from there.

Charizard Michelle
03-29-2011, 03:42 AM
How do I get all the items on Route 18? There seem to be one that i can't figure out how to get. There is also this one trainer that I can't reach either.

Pokomum
03-29-2011, 04:57 AM
How do I get all the items on Route 18? There seem to be one that i can't figure out how to get. There is also this one trainer that I can't reach either.

I think I know the area your talking about I had some trouble with that as well. You need to get to the beach with the lab on route 17 then head back, this time between the rapids until you reach Swimmer Caroline. Take the lower route round the rapids between the 'almost' parallel rocks to the beach, then "You have reached your destination" :biggrin:

Charizard Michelle
03-29-2011, 06:34 AM
I think I know the area your talking about I had some trouble with that as well. You need to get to the beach with the lab on route 17 then head back, this time between the rapids until you reach Swimmer Caroline. Take the lower route round the rapids between the 'almost' parallel rocks to the beach, then "You have reached your destination" :biggrin:

Mind giving me a bit more detail? I don't know if I understand.

The pokemaster
03-29-2011, 09:45 AM
It is kinda hard to explain, but essentially, you follow the water currents etc until you reach the lab. After you come off the final current, go left underneath that current towards the shallow water. Go down and left, avoiding the currents, until you come to a clearing with a male swimmer swimming in a circle. There should be a small rock near where you came into the clearing. Go down from that rock, again avoiding the currents, and follow the little path. You should pass another swimmer, and wallah. :)

Zan Sabrefang
03-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Can anyone help me find something that explains what the IV checker guy is telling me in the Battle Subway?
I couldn't find anything on Serebii.

Pokomum
03-29-2011, 04:21 PM
It is kinda hard to explain, but essentially, you follow the water currents etc until you reach the lab. After you come off the final current, go left underneath that current towards the shallow water. Go down and left, avoiding the currents, until you come to a clearing with a male swimmer swimming in a circle. There should be a small rock near where you came into the clearing. Go down from that rock, again avoiding the currents, and follow the little path. You should pass another swimmer, and wallah. :)

Also, if you struggle to find the path, mainly because of the amount of wild sprites pouncing and getting you confused, use a Max Repel... makes it much easier to find the path trough the rapids.

Husnain
03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Can anyone help me find something that explains what the IV checker guy is telling me in the Battle Subway?
I couldn't find anything on Serebii.

Basically he just tells you what the best IV stat your pokemon has. Also when he says stuff like "Your Pokemon is decent overall" he is just combining all the IVs together and then telling you the result:

Decent: All IVs combined equal 0-90
Above Average: All IVs combined equal 91-120
Relatively Superior: All IVs combined equal 121-150
Outstanding: All IVs combined equal 151-186

Moo Moo Milk
03-31-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi! I'm new here,..and I want to know if you have ar codes for pokemon black and white (us) , and my game id are: black: IRBO and white: IRAO,..
p.s. I play on pc...
and thank you....^^

KKranberry
04-19-2011, 03:27 AM
At which point in the game can you begin to trade Pokemon with other Black/White games?

Kaoru
04-19-2011, 03:29 AM
At which point in the game can you begin to trade Pokemon with other Black/White games?

You need to have the first gym badge. You also need to have given the Dream Mist to Fennel and she'll give you the C-Gear and Amanita will give you a Pal Pad.

Saraibre Ryu
05-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to get Magnet Rise and Double kick onto a Guts Shinx by breeding?
I know Jolteon can learn both moves with some pre gen tutoring...still, is it possible to get the MagnetRise from it too?

Tsujin
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to get Magnet Rise and Double kick onto a Guts Shinx by breeding?
I know Jolteon can learn both moves with some pre gen tutoring...still, is it possible to get the MagnetRise from it too?

Unfortunately it's impossible. Can't have a pokemon that is bred learn a move that's exclusive to pokemon that came from the Dream World. It can only have either Magnet Rise or Double Kick.

Saraibre Ryu
05-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Anyone having trouble getting their Eeveelution promotion? I've played the game but I don't see it on the list of promotions available to me. Am I missing something?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-19-2011, 08:23 AM
It looks like it's there under promotions now.

Mine says "You need to be qualified to participate in the promotion. Please check the Pokemon Trainer Club." o.O

Saraibre Ryu
05-19-2011, 08:27 AM
The promotion isn't on the list at all whatsoever on my account. I know I played the game to earn my DW Glaceon but not even what you're getting is showing up for me.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Strange! One of my friends said the same thing. My bet is that they're still setting it up. Hopefully it'll be ready soon!

This is what I get when I click on it.
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9893/eeveei.png

Saraibre Ryu
05-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah and it's frustrating. >_<
And I'm not getting that most definitely...

Just in case...is it possible to visit the DW twice if you use Pokemon from two separate games that are registered to the same account?

If Sabi misses this and her DW Glaceon she will not be happy >_<

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure if you can use the dream world twice. I've only got one game registered right now xD

I wouldn't worry though. I know other people aren't seeing it too and no one seems to be able to get them yet even if they can see it. So I'm sure they're still working on it. =)

Edit: Apparently the 'you need to be qualified' thing means you can't get the eeveelution. As there was apparently a glitch that didn't save it to some accounts properly. I'm giving them one day to fix it and then it's off to annoy customer support people xD

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Just in case...is it possible to visit the DW twice if you use Pokemon from two separate games that are registered to the same account?

So long as the two separate games are Black and White, not Black and Black or White and White, yes. All you need to do is go to your profile, click on game registration, and then select the other version and re-login.

Saraibre Ryu
06-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Um...much to my shock and heart failure I just hatched a shiny Vulpix.
One of the parents was a DW Vulpix...I'm wondering if I reset my game [I saved sometime before the egg hatched so I have the egg it came out of at least] would it still hatch shiny but the ability may change?

Note: I did not follow an RNG method to hatch this shiny, it was completely random.

Etymology
06-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Nope, everything's set once you receive the egg. Everything would be the same, including shininess and ability.

But congrats on your Vulpix! Here's to hoping one of my DW Nidoran hatch shiny, haha.

Saraibre Ryu
06-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Nope, everything's set once you receive the egg.

But congrats on your Vulpix! Here's to hoping one of my DW Nidoran hatch shiny, haha.

It's female and timid, if it had Drought I would of died.
I mean...it would of been PERFECT. I got the female Vulpix from Japan off the GTS on a whim too. I kinda used half the Masuda method accidentally I suppose. Or maybe it was exposed to my Shiny Litwick's shinyness. I was using Flame Body o incubate it to hatch faster. XD

I was precariously doing so then WHAM I hatch a shiny. I already have a shiny Ninetales though...XD

So if I were to reset it anyway would the egg still be shiny?

Etymology
06-03-2011, 08:38 PM
The egg would still be shiny, I believe. I wouldn't try it anyway, but that's what I've read / seen.

CrissXCross038
06-04-2011, 03:34 AM
In black how do u get a scyther with roost?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-04-2011, 05:22 AM
In black how do u get a scyther with roost?
I think you'd have to catch a Scyther in a fourth gen game and teach it Roost by TM and then transfer it to Black.

Saraibre Ryu
06-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Okay...remember that shiny Vulpix I hatched earlier?
I hatched another one. With Drought [WOO HELLS YEAH] but it has a Quiet nature.

So I'm wondering about the Masuda method...I've hathced two shiny Vulpix using a Japanese Vulpix and a Golduck I caught in-game today...so am I just getting lucky or is there something else to this that I'm just not aware of?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Wow that's awesome! Congrats on the Shinies =) I guess you're just really lucky! I got a Japanese Ditto off the GTS the other day. I hadn't realised the odds in BW were upped to 1/1366. I might have to start trying to breed some shinies just for fun xD

Etymology
06-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Okay...remember that shiny Vulpix I hatched earlier?
I hatched another one. With Drought [WOO HELLS YEAH] but it has a Quiet nature.

So I'm wondering about the Masuda method...I've hathced two shiny Vulpix using a Japanese Vulpix and a Golduck I caught in-game today...so am I just getting lucky or is there something else to this that I'm just not aware of?
Basically the Masuda Method ups the chances of receiving a shiny to 6/8192 (or 1/1366).

You're more lucky than me then; I've tried for a while to get a Masuda shiny but so far I've been unsuccessful. :P

Jessu
06-04-2011, 10:42 PM
So if I were to reset it anyway would the egg still be shiny?

If you saved it after you obtained the egg, yes. Once you receive the egg, everything's already coded and set, and there's no way to change that unless you save right before you get the egg and reset it then.

Mr420
06-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Q?: in regards to everyone with a J-Black or White... has anyone found the code or password to obtain the Pokemon musical Download?

Cheerful Cherubi
06-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Where can I find the TM Scald?

Kaoru
06-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Where can I find the TM Scald?

TM Scald is found at the Cold Storage.

Giratina
07-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone. I want to use the C-Gear to put my Pokémon into the Dream World and whatnot, but my touch screen appears to be broken, so that whenever I press anywhere on the screen it will immediately go to the far right point of the screen. Normally in battles this isn't a problem because I can just use the D-pad and buttons, but I don't know very much about the C-gear at all. Does anyone here know if there is any way to access the Dream World without using touch-screen-only functions, or some way to manipulate the buttons into selecting things on the lower screen?

bobandbill
07-19-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't believe there is a way... =/ However maybe you could fix the error by recalibrating the touch screen via the DS menu?

HarlequinHugo
08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Whats the best nature for a Purrloin?

Etymology
08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Whats the best nature for a Purrloin?
Physical Purrloin would suit Adamant or Jolly.

Special Purrloin would suit Modest or Timid.

Mixed Purrloin would suit Hasty, Naive, Lonely, Rash, Mild and Naughty.

Physical Purrloin are generally the best, although mine is mixed and it does fine.

AUfan
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Is it possible to have multiple dream world moves on one pokemon? For example, if I wanted a DW skarmory, could I have both Roost and Drill Peck or could I only have one move?

Exophi
09-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Is it possible to have multiple dream world moves on one pokemon? For example, if I wanted a DW skarmory, could I have both Roost and Drill Peck or could I only have one move?

Unfortunately, in Skarmory's case, you will only be able to get one of the two moves. However a limited group pokémon can get their Dream World moves via breeding as well, so if you have a female variety of the dream world pokémon it is often possible to get the right moves on it. For example, Exeggcute's DW moves are Synthesis and Giga Drain, which are compatible. Most pokémon aren't lucky enough to be able to get all their dream world attack though.

EDIT: Now that Sturdy's been improved as an ability I'd take over Weak Armour anyway. Skarmory has plenty of speed boosting moves at its disposal. And you can get Drill Peck and Roost on Skarmory is you breed it on a 4th generation game (for Drill Peck) and use the 4th generation technical machine to teach it Roost. Weak Armour takes away from Skarmory's best stat...

AUfan
09-24-2011, 06:56 PM
EDIT: Now that Sturdy's been improved as an ability I'd take over Weak Armour anyway. Skarmory has plenty of speed boosting moves at its disposal. And you can get Drill Peck and Roost on Skarmory is you breed it on a 4th generation game (for Drill Peck) and use the 4th generation technical machine to teach it Roost. Weak Armour takes away from Skarmory's best stat...

Yea, Iv already got a sturdy defensive skarmory that i imported from my SS game. I also want to make a swords dance sweeping one just for fun, and im not too high on using SD and agility in the same set (thus requiring two turns to set up). I guess ill forget about roost then, and use another offensive attack like rock slide or something.

Etymology
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Something strange has just happened.

So, I've started a new game in lieu of a new Nuzlocke adventure. When I came out of my house after battling against Cheren and Belle, I saw the flock of Woobat as per usual. However, I could have sworn I saw a green Woobat. Of course, a shiny Woobat.

Is this known to happen regularly? o.o

The pokemaster
09-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Something strange has just happened.

So, I've started a new game in lieu of a new Nuzlocke adventure. When I came out of my house after battling against Cheren and Belle, I saw the flock of Woobat as per usual. However, I could have sworn I saw a green Woobat. Of course, a shiny Woobat.

Is this known to happen regularly? o.o

I've never seen this, so I wouldn't know. Perhaps it's some kind of "easter egg" thrown in by Gamefreak? O_o

1337 Guy
10-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I've got a question.
Why is my tynamo's health so low? It's 70 and he's level 34.
Is it because he has 2 evolutions?
Also, at what level should i give elektrik the thunder stone?

P.S. Not sure if this is the right place to post my question, since it has no recent posts for like 2 weeks.

Arch Enemy
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Also, at what level should i give elektrik the thunder stone?

P.S. Not sure if this is the right place to post my question, since it has no recent posts for like 2 weeks.

Well, when your Eelektrik evolves into Eelektross, it won't learn any moves by leveling up. So, if I were you, I would train my Eelektrik up to at least level 74 (because that's when it learns its last level-up move), and then I would give it the thunderstone~ xD

1337 Guy
10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Well, when your Eelektrik evolves into Eelektross, it won't learn any moves by leveling up. So, if I were you, I would train my Eelektrik up to at least level 74 (because that's when it learns its last level-up move), and then I would give it the thunderstone~ xD

Well i wanna evolve him before elite four..should be maximum level 53

The pokemaster
10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Tynamo has a very low base HP, so I wouldn't worry about that. It will get a lot more once you evolve it.

As Mizuki said, Electross gets no moves from level up, so you might want to leave it until level 74, or just look up the moves Eelectrik gets from level up, decide which moves you want, and evolve it once you get those.

Tasogares Red Mist
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
If I transfer a Shiny Charizard from Leaf Green over to Heart Gold, and then transfer it to Pokemon White, will it still be Shiny? (I know that they changed what determines shinyness at some point in time, so I wonder if that will turn my Charizard back to normal.)

Pokemon_Ron
10-13-2011, 05:17 AM
If I transfer a Shiny Charizard from Leaf Green over to Heart Gold, and then transfer it to Pokemon White, will it still be Shiny? (I know that they changed what determines shinyness at some point in time, so I wonder if that will turn my Charizard back to normal.)

Yes, everything with the Mon(EV's, stats, shiny status) will be retained when you transfer it to Pokemon White.

Tasogares Red Mist
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Good. Now my fears are gone. Thank you haha.

Obliveon
10-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Where can I find pokemon like Meloetta and Genesect?

Kaoru
10-23-2011, 05:34 AM

You can't find Meloetta or Genesect in-game. You have to have Action Replay to get them.

Obliveon
10-23-2011, 09:10 PM
What is Action Replay?

Arch Enemy
10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
What is Action Replay?

It's a device that you can use to put cheat codes into your games~

Obliveon
10-23-2011, 10:06 PM
That doesn't help me all that much, but thanks anyway. I'm guessing that I need Action Replay to get Keldeo too.

Kaoru
10-24-2011, 01:54 AM
That doesn't help me all that much, but thanks anyway. I'm guessing that I need Action Replay to get Keldeo too.

Google "Action Replay DS" or "Action Replay DSi".

And yes, you do.

Mr420
10-24-2011, 05:41 PM

or bestest of all you can wait for the actual event when they get released by NINTENDO

Obliveon
11-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Where can I find Solosis?

Kaoru
11-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Where can I find Solosis?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Solosis#Game_locations

Judge Dredd
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
or bestest of all you can wait for the actual event when they get released by NINTENDO

i love keldo !!! but so i am going to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for the big event to come

Mr420
11-17-2011, 07:47 PM
i love keldo !!! but so i am going to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for the big event to come

now you have me wondering, will this be an event like go to TRU or gamestop to obtain said pkmn or will this be ALLA Shaymin where you download a ticket or a certain item that will unlock the in Game event..?.? ooh
im taking bets......NOW

Sheepat
11-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Does BW wifi work with the 3DS?

Kaoru
11-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Does BW wifi work with the 3DS?

Yep. It works with any DS Pokemon game that uses Wi-Fi.

Mr420
11-20-2011, 07:24 PM
on another note.

source Serebii "Today, following on from that, it was announced that, at Jump Festa, there will be a surprise announcement related to Pokémon. It is currently unknown whether this will be a new game, the reveal of the next movie, a new Manga or whether it will reveal the next Mirage Pokémon of Generation V; Keldeo. Jump Festa runs on December 17th and December 18th and we'll report on any information brought there as soon as possible"

Obliveon
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
That gets me excited. I can't wait to find out if their going to reveal Keldeo.

ShinyBlue
01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure where to post this?
But hey-ho, I'd just like to know how you 'upgrade' your banner/ranking e.g:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/member1.png

aquaiscircles
01-07-2012, 01:39 PM
In Pokemon white, where is the easiest spot to capture pokemon from the 1-4 gens. I need to caputer junk pokemon to trade back to my old game and I can only do so with old pokemon. lol

@ShinyBlue, You need to post more.

aquaiscircles
01-14-2012, 02:17 PM
What is the new uber list of pokemon you can not use?

@ShinyBlue, You need to post more.

goldwynaut
02-04-2012, 08:15 PM
i cant login to global link, does that make me a looser?

goldwynaut
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure where to post this?
But hey-ho, I'd just like to know how you 'upgrade' your banner/ranking e.g:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/member1.png

i wonder that too:eek:

Dandin
08-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Larvesta egg is in a house at the end of route 18, but you soudn't waste your time getting there, cause it is very difficult and after E4 you can get a lv 70 Volcarona.

-Zodeon
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Where can I find the old rod or good rod? I feel like I should have a rod by now after 3 gyms.

mintjelly
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
You only get one rod in Black and White, obtained after beating the main storyline.

-Zodeon
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh, that's dissapointing! I'll have to crack on and finish it then..

Another question; can repels be used to block wild Pokemon but rustling grass still appear when repels are in effect?

Neku Sakuraba
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh, that's dissapointing! I'll have to crack on and finish it then..

Another question; can repels be used to block wild Pokemon but rustling grass still appear when repels are in effect?

Yes, rustling grass still rustle when using Repels. ...I think. I remember seeing rustling grass when I used Repels.

Typhlosion Explosion
08-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Yes, rustling grass still rustle when using Repels. ...I think. I remember seeing rustling grass when I used Repels.

Yep. they do. I'm 98% sure. XD

Also Dandin, be sure not to Necro threads that aren't on the first or second page of the forum!

-Zodeon
08-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Ah brilliant, thats make training a lot easier!

TheLittleEspeon
08-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Is there anyway to 6v6 level 100 battle in black and white similar to D P PT? When i try to battle the only options i get are flat rules which put the pokemon to level 50. The other option was no restrictions.

paperfairy
08-14-2012, 01:34 PM
On Wifi, I believe you can auto level to 100. It shouldn't matter though, not much changes between a even lv50 and a lv100 battle.

Kaoru
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
"No restrictions" means that it that the Pokemon that are participating will remain at their current levels. Meaning, if all 12 Pokemon (6 from both sides) were at lv100, then all 12 would remain at lv100. Or if you had a Pokemon at lv5, it will remain at lv5.

@paperfairy: iirc, there isn't a way to make it automatically be lv100 without selecting Flat lv100.

TheLittleEspeon
08-14-2012, 03:42 PM
So basically for competitive wifi battling I have to level all my Pokes to level 100?

Kaoru
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
So basically for competitive wifi battling I have to level all my Pokes to level 100?

Or lv50, and then tell your opponent to make it a flat lv50 battle, and their lv100 Pokemon will be reduced to lv50.

-Zodeon
08-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Is it possible to complete the unova dex before getting the national dex?

mintjelly
08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
No, you can only catch Kyurem after receiving the National dex.

-Zodeon
08-17-2012, 07:48 PM
No, you can only catch Kyurem after receiving the National dex.

Does kyurem definitely feature in the unova dex? Is it the only one that can't be caught prior to the national update, I'm fine with that if so.

mintjelly
08-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Both Kyurem and Landorus can't be caught before upgrading to the National dex.
Those are the only two.
You can obtain all other Pokemon before the upgrade.

-Zodeon
08-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Both Kyurem and Landorus can't be caught before upgrading to the National dex.
Those are the only two.
You can obtain all other Pokemon before the upgrade.

And is your poke dex upgraded straight after the Pokemon league?

Kaoru
08-17-2012, 09:58 PM
And is your poke dex upgraded straight after the Pokemon league?

Yes, after you finish the storyline and you're back in your bedroom, go downstairs and talk to the two moms (your mom & Looker). Then go outside. Cheren and Bianca will be outside and the Cedric Juniper will upgrade your Pokedex to the National Dex, no matter how many Pokemon you've seen in the Unova Dex.

-Zodeon
08-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes, after you finish the storyline and you're back in your bedroom, go downstairs and talk to the two moms (your mom & Looker). Then go outside. Cheren and Bianca will be outside and the Cedric Juniper will upgrade your Pokedex to the National Dex, no matter how many Pokemon you've seen in the Unova Dex.

Fml.. Just turned off at the credits after about an hour trying to best ghetsis.. Expected to be on my house, but it doesn't auto save and I'm back in front of zerkom.

I also think I've found a glitch?... I've equipped zerkom with a quick claw but even when it's activated ghetsis' hydreigon goes first?

Kaoru
08-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Fml.. Just turned off at the credits after about an hour trying to best ghetsis.. Expected to be on my house, but it doesn't auto save and I'm back in front of zerkom.

I also think I've found a glitch?... I've equipped zerkom with a quick claw but even when it's activated ghetsis' hydreigon goes first?

The Quick Claw doesn't ALWAYS make your Pokemon go first. It occasionally lets it go first. It's not a glitch.

-Zodeon
08-18-2012, 12:33 AM
The Quick Claw doesn't ALWAYS make your Pokemon go first. It occasionally lets it go first. It's not a glitch.

Yeah I know but it says "zekroms quick claw allows it to strike first" in battle, plays the animation of quick claw.. And still moves last :/

Kaoru
08-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah I know but it says "zekroms quick claw allows it to strike first" in battle, plays the animation of quick claw.. And still moves last :/

Hmm. I don't know then.

Typhlosion Explosion
08-18-2012, 01:18 AM
I've heard of something like this. Was your Pokemon Faked Out or Flinched?

-Zodeon
08-18-2012, 09:09 AM
I've heard of something like this. Was your Pokemon Faked Out or Flinched?

I figured it out.. I was being stupid!

Didn't realise the move I was using was decreased priority... What a fool!

Ash Ball
10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
the best starter is the fire pig

http://img.pokemondb.net/news/2010/black-white-starters.jpg

meojs
10-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi can someone trade me a good pokemon to platinum? im having a REALL hard time beating cynthia

Zetsu
10-31-2012, 04:01 AM
Hey everyone!

I have a question regarding EV's.

As we all know, the Vitamins each give +10 to a stat, and having no effect at 100.
Also, with the introduction of Stat Wings, they each give 1EV and surpass the Vitamin limit.

So with these things taken into account, is it possible to max out my desired (if not, all) stats on a pokemon using Vitamins, and then using wings untill they all hit whatever the max stat increase is?

Also, how do you tell when a pokemons hit max stat?

Neptune's Disciple
10-31-2012, 05:59 AM
Hey everyone!

I have a question regarding EV's.

As we all know, the Vitamins each give +10 to a stat, and having no effect at 100.
Also, with the introduction of Stat Wings, they each give 1EV and surpass the Vitamin limit.

So with these things taken into account, is it possible to max out my desired (if not, all) stats on a pokemon using Vitamins, and then using wings untill they all hit whatever the max stat increase is?

Also, how do you tell when a pokemons hit max stat?

If you wanted to obtain 155 wings on top of the 10 vitamins, then yes you could max out the EV's. However, there is no point in going over 152 as the number should be divisible by 4. Once you have fed the poke in question the 100 wings and 155 vitamins, it will say that it won't have any effect.

It's probably much easier to just train it with either macho brace or one of the power items (lens, band, etc) attached after giving it the 10 vitamins, and counting how many you obtain, stopping when you get to 152/252 total. It would take an incredibly long time to collect all those wings (on average, you would need to run into 1062 dark spots on a bridge to get the 152 required).

Hope this helps!

- ND

Zetsu
10-31-2012, 11:33 AM
If you wanted to obtain 155 wings on top of the 10 vitamins, then yes you could max out the EV's. However, there is no point in going over 152 as the number should be divisible by 4. Once you have fed the poke in question the 100 wings and 155 vitamins, it will say that it won't have any effect.

It's probably much easier to just train it with either macho brace or one of the power items (lens, band, etc) attached after giving it the 10 vitamins, and counting how many you obtain, stopping when you get to 152/252 total. It would take an incredibly long time to collect all those wings (on average, you would need to run into 1062 dark spots on a bridge to get the 152 required).

Hope this helps!

- ND
Well i have fed my pokemon 10 Vitamins then saved it (checkpoint). Is it each KO or each level up while facing the pokemon that the EV's are applied?

I've thought about using the Power item but with the Railway battles you only get 3BP a run and i get real impatient, so i've opted to cycle around on Marvelous Bridge collecting wings while watching anime (lol)

Kaoru
10-31-2012, 12:15 PM

Hope this helps!

- ND
The EV total is 510, with no more that 255 per stat. It is recommended you don't go over 252, dividing by 4 to get 63. Where did you get 152 & 155 from? o.o

Neptune's Disciple
10-31-2012, 01:13 PM
The EV total is 510, with no more that 255 per stat. It is recommended you don't go over 252, dividing by 4 to get 63. Where did you get 152 & 155 from? o.o

If Zetsu gave them 10 vitamins, then that leaves 152/155 out of the original 252/255 to still get.

Well i have fed my pokemon 10 Vitamins then saved it (checkpoint). Is it each KO or each level up while facing the pokemon that the EV's are applied?

I've thought about using the Power item but with the Railway battles you only get 3BP a run and i get real impatient, so i've opted to cycle around on Marvelous Bridge collecting wings while watching anime (lol)

It applies for every KO. There's a good guide on gameFAQS for EV training that explains how the whole thing works, which pokemon to train against, the different items, all that stuff. You can find it here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version/faqs/62202). It has some pretty horrid formatting, but if you take the time to go through it you should find it really helpful. I would imagine there are threads on here about it, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

- ND

Typhlosion Explosion
10-31-2012, 01:45 PM
You can use vitamins until 510 EVs. You can max out your EV limit with vitamins alone, but you can only get 100 in 5 stats and 10 in another.

Say for Espeon. You give her 10 of all vitamins except attack. That total would be 510 vitamins if you give her one in attack.

If you want to max out certain stats, then you could use 10 vitamins of that stat, and then EV wing from there. :)

Starbom
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Not regarding EVs and all but;

How do I get Curtis to phone me? I picked up his lost Xtransiver in Nimbassa like 5 days ago and I havent gotten a call back.

Ive been to the spot where I found his lost item, brought up both X's and i cant call him, despite Bulbapedia saying so... (see below)

"The player can call Curtis every other day at Nimbasa City and receive calls at specific locations around Unova. After exchanging several phone calls, Curtis would note that his work involves traveling to Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh from time to time. The player's relation with Curtis increases as calls are made or received. "~ Bulbapedia

Zetsu
10-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Not regarding EVs and all but;

How do I get Curtis to phone me? I picked up his lost Xtransiver in Nimbassa like 5 days ago and I havent gotten a call back.

Ive been to the spot where I found his lost item, brought up both X's and i cant call him, despite Bulbapedia saying so... (see below)

"The player can call Curtis every other day at Nimbasa City and receive calls at specific locations around Unova. After exchanging several phone calls, Curtis would note that his work involves traveling to Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh from time to time. The player's relation with Curtis increases as calls are made or received. "~ Bulbapedia To start, you have to go to specific locations and he automatically calls you. (In these locations there is only 1 Tile that he calls you on.)

Dropped Item Quest (http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/droppeditem.shtml)

That link pretty much explains it more clearly. It shows pictures of the exact spots he calls you and the locations.

As for my question, I have one last question to ask.

I brought the Power Anklet, and battled a Purrloin. They give +1 to Speed. With that power Anklet, does that mean i will always get +1 to the speed stat (given that 4EV = 1 stat) and also mean that every 4 purrloin i KO will = 1 speed stat?

And is it better to just level up a pokemon 1 lvl at a time? because my pokemon killed a purrloin and leveled up x2.

Elite_Battle_Master
11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
As for my question, I have one last question to ask.

I brought the Power Anklet, and battled a Purrloin. They give +1 to Speed. With that power Anklet, does that mean i will always get +1 to the speed stat (given that 4EV = 1 stat) and also mean that every 4 purrloin i KO will = 1 speed stat?

And is it better to just level up a pokemon 1 lvl at a time? because my pokemon killed a purrloin and leveled up x2.
Having a power anklet attached to the pokemon you are training and defeating a pokemon with 1 speed ev gives you 5 total ev's towards speed (1 speed ev + 4 additional ev's from the power anklet). If your pokemon is infected with pokerus those numbers will double to 10 speed ev's [(1+4)x2=10].

Jet
01-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Pardon the old necro but not quite sure on where to put it.

---

I got a few friends that just started, and I can't give a decent explanation on why Gliscor with Poison Heal is illegal with Stealth Rock and Roost.

I can give them the facts that Stealth Rock and Roost are 4th Gen TMs while Poison Heal is only introduced in B/W.

I can't answer them however on why this won't work:
Male Gliscor + Stealth Rock and Roost breed with a Female Gliscor with Poison Heal.

Typhlosion Explosion
01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Pardon the old necro but not quite sure on where to put it.

---

I got a few friends that just started, and I can't give a decent explanation on why Gliscor with Poison Heal is illegal with Stealth Rock and Roost.

I can give them the facts that Stealth Rock and Roost are 4th Gen TMs while Poison Heal is only introduced in B/W.

I can't answer them however on why this won't work:
Male Gliscor + Stealth Rock and Roost breed with a Female Gliscor with Poison Heal.

The female could pass on Poison Heal to the offspring, but they wouldn't have Roost and Stealth Rock unless the mother had it too. They'd need to be tutored those moves in B2W2. :)

Jet
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Wait... I forgot Stealth Rock and Roost can be move-tutored... so... seeing all these posts in the net where Poison Heal + Stealth Rock / Roost is illegal is no longer true because of B/W 2?
-
Also, I thought it was the males in which the moves are determined, not the females?

mintjelly
02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Wait... I forgot Stealth Rock and Roost can be move-tutored... so... seeing all these posts in the net where Poison Heal + Stealth Rock / Roost is illegal is no longer true because of B/W 2?
-
Also, I thought it was the males in which the moves are determined, not the females?

You're right; males pass on egg moves, and females pass on species.

OldMax
05-06-2013, 04:14 AM
On the poke radar how do you get the AR viewer thing, I can't seem to find 1 or get it to work