PDA

View Full Version : Shaking Grass

Chris2K
03-06-2011, 12:41 PM
OK, I'm new here, and yes I may have only signed up to ask this question to some Pokémon geniuses, but I need some help!

I've just started on Black and have been walking/running by grass on Route 1 and 2 for what seems like an eternity trying to find some shaking grass so I can get Audino and have a six Pokémon team. As yet, I have found absolutely nothing.

Can anyone help me, is there a certain time when shaking grass starts (i.e. only after the first gym) or is it just me being unlucky?

Gokudera-Kun
03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Shaking grass is an entirely random event. It just takes some time, but keep at it.

And yeah, it does feel like it takes forever, I remember trying to train my Pokemon by battling Audino, that took awhile, but the experience it gives was worth it.

Chris2K
03-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Shaking grass is an entirely random event. It just takes some time, but keep at it.

And yeah, it does feel like it takes forever, I remember trying to train my Pokemon by battling Audino, that took awhile, but the experience it gives was worth it.
Is there any particular parts of Routes 1 or 2 you'd recommend? I've been doing the last patch of grass on Route 1 as there's more room to run, but is there a better option?

Gokudera-Kun
03-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I spent most of my time in Route 1, running back and forth between the two main patches of grass. Other than that, I can't think of another good spot early on in the game.

Lightning Pikachu
03-06-2011, 01:29 PM
You have to get the first badge and then just keep an eye open, I see one every couple of minuets randomly on route 1 and 2.

DratiniLover
03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I found two Audinos, however - in regards to the first one that appeared, I accidentally caused this one to faint, although I caught the second one.

Chris2K
03-06-2011, 02:30 PM
You have to get the first badge and then just keep an eye open, I see one every couple of minuets randomly on route 1 and 2.

THAT's where I've been going wrong. I've wasted a lot of hours searching for something I can't find yet!

Thanks for the help guys.

Zan Sabrefang
03-06-2011, 02:30 PM
As previously stated, you need the first badge.
After that it should be a piece of cake on 1-2.
It's as you go through the game it seems to become less common.
You'll probably get frustrated with trying to get the cave dust clouds later on, but repel helps.

Lightning Pikachu
03-06-2011, 02:45 PM
THAT's where I've been going wrong. I've wasted a lot of hours searching for something I can't find yet!

Thanks for the help guys.

No problem man, also remember, the pokemon in shaking grass give you bonus experiance compared to normal pokemon, so don't be afraid to KO them.

Judgmental Arceus
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
As said previously, Tri Badge triggers shaking grass. In any case people should know that shaking grass occurs on more than routes 1 and 2.

Zan Sabrefang
03-06-2011, 09:59 PM
We do ^^
It was just that those routes were the ones the OP was asking about.

Charizard Michelle
03-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I remember seeing some shaking grass at Dreamyard the other day. Tried to go to it but I couldn't since it was in the part of Dreamyard that you can't access (or I think you can't). Still I think I found some seeing that I was able to catch an Audino.

Mr420
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
i bumpt into audino in the dreamyard on my J@p White, but i find that route 1 & 2 you dont really level up so much the pkmn there are all underleveld and dont yield enough EXP. just get past the Striaton Gym and hit up the grass patches near the Day care.. thats where id say you'll have more shacking grass.

Pokomum
03-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I just found my 1st shaking grass on the small patch of grass past Daycare on route 3. Spent ages trying to find some on routes 1&2 but lucked out. Not 'trying' to find it now. If I see some then great.

Altrius
03-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Want and easy tip to train and find shaking grass? Run back and forth along the EDGE of the grass continously. Dont run it the grass otherwise you will encounter pokemon, but if you stay next to the grass you will literally find one within 30 secs to a min of running. You can just run back and forth along 4 squares if you wish, thats what I did.

I managed to get 10 Audino's in about 7 minutes doing this. Hope this helps :)

Pokomum
03-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Want and easy tip to train and find shaking grass? Run back and forth along the EDGE of the grass continously. Dont run it the grass otherwise you will encounter pokemon, but if you stay next to the grass you will literally find one within 30 secs to a min of running. You can just run back and forth along 4 squares if you wish, thats what I did.

I managed to get 10 Audino's in about 7 minutes doing this. Hope this helps :)

Gave it a go.. and it worked... Cool....

Chris2K
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Gave it a go.. and it worked... Cool....
I've been doing that a lot, except leaving a bit more of a gap between me and the grass. That way there's less grass to travel through to get to the shaking patch, and less chance of a pesky wild Pokémon getting in my way.

Pokomum
03-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I've been doing that a lot, except leaving a bit more of a gap between me and the grass. That way there's less grass to travel through to get to the shaking patch, and less chance of a pesky wild Pokémon getting in my way.

Yes, I noticed that...took me way too long to notice though.... :-D. Senility is definatley coming at me with avengance.. lol... Been spending quite a bit of time on route 3 near the Challenge Rock, gives me 3 patches to choose from. Reckon I'm getting shacking grass within about 3 or 4 quick jogs back and forth.....

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-10-2011, 05:18 AM
To be honest, I got 'shaking grass' the second I left the home. I knew what it was, but for some reason I felt like singing the Team Rocket motto.

- Long live Negima!

Zan Sabrefang
03-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I only did the shaking Grass thing in Routes 1 & 2...
My monsters leveled up so fast after that point that I didn't bother.
Now I'm wishing there were uber Audino's somewhere in the 50-60 range.

RocketMeowth
03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I do the shaking grass whenever I get the chance. Same goes for the bubbling water, and the swirling dust. Though, a good chunk of the time I have forgotten that those Pokemon give a nice amount of EXP upon defeat. Especially Audino. xDDD

=^^= Nya