PDA

View Full Version : Tutoring Session [Round 1] SIGN UP NOW TO LEARN!!!

Badal
03-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Be sure to read this before you sign up (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111601)

So you wanna be the master of
Pokémon!
Understand the secrets and
Have some fun
So you wanna be the master of
Pokémon!
Do you have the skills to be
Number one!?

We are here to teach you how to! So all you have to do in order to learn competitive battling. You can only learn 1 metagame each time, if you want to learn another one, sign up next round.

Remember we currently only teach these tiers:

4th Generation Ubers
4th Generation OU
4th Generation UU
5th Generation Ubers
5th Generation OU
5th Generation UU
5th Generation NU

Fill this up:

Name:
Timezone and time I'm free:
Tier I wish to learn:
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring:
About Me:

Remember if you don't fit into one of our tutor's timezones, then you may have to adjust your free-time to join in because we can't fit everyone. Remember to download Pokémon Online.

Thank You and Lets Go! :wink:

Dino
03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Name: Dino
-
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT-6 (My free time varies greatly...)
-
Tier I wish to learn: Gen. 4 UU & OU
-
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: I would prefer to be in a group tutoring if my free time allows me.
-
About Me: Well... I have been playing through the generations since my first game of Sapphire. I know most pokemon by now except the fifth generation. I would like to get into competitive battling to add more than simple in game things.

(I don't have a chat, which do you think is better?)
-x-

Badal
03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Considering you and DSL are in the same timezone. I'm going to assign you to Dark Shadow Lord. Considering he's a mod and is doing a few things, he can feel free to decline it and I'll give it to knuckles instead, knuckles is only 1 hour ahead of you. I'll leave that up to DSL

Dino
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks, either way works.
But just to let you know, I'm going to have no internet over Spring Break. That might be useful for date purposes.

Judge Dredd
03-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks, either way works.
But just to let you know, I'm going to have no internet over Spring Break. That might be useful for date purposes.

We can talk through pm. Next time you are online contact me and set up what days and times work to do this.

Badal
03-27-2011, 10:32 AM
A Deserved BUMP
I'm aware DSL is still tutoring. But this program is open to other people also!

3m0d0ll
03-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Waii nawt ^.^

Name: 3m0d0ll
Timezone and time I'm free: -8:00 and my free-time is often cluttered xD
Tier I wish to learn: Gen V OU/NU; Gen IV UU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: Doesn't make a difference to me.
About Me: Idk :L Just ask something if you wanna know xP

Badal
03-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Waii nawt ^.^

Name: 3m0d0ll
Timezone and time I'm free: -8:00 and my free-time is often cluttered xD
Tier I wish to learn: Gen V OU/NU; Gen IV UU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: Doesn't make a difference to me.
About Me: Idk :L Just ask something if you wanna know xP
Since Gen 5 OU is the first on your list I'm putting you up for that. Considering you can only sign up for one tier :P

Your tutor is Latisiblings

Bumblebee16
03-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Name: Bumblebee
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT -5 hours (Around this time of my post 8:28 PM)
Tier I wish to learn: 4th Generation OU/UU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: Group tutoring
About Me: I've been playing since Y/R/B, but I haven't had wifi until just recenetly so I never saw the point in learning this stuff. I don't know what else ;]

Badal
03-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Name: Bumblebee
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT -5 hours (Around this time of my post 8:28 PM)
Tier I wish to learn: 4th Generation OU/UU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: Group tutoring
About Me: I've been playing since Y/R/B, but I haven't had wifi until just recenetly so I never saw the point in learning this stuff. I don't know what else ;]
Assigned to Knuckles
I would've put you in group tutoring but we just don't have the manpower for it right now.

Diazanite
04-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Name: Grant
Timezone and Time im free: GMT -4, Free on Weekends and any days i dont have Sports practice, (rained out or whatever.)
Tier i wish to learn: Gen V OU
Group Tutoring or 1-On-1: 1 on 1
About Me: well, ive played since R/Y/B, recently learned how to EV train..well the fundamentals anyway. and yeah. i do catch on really quick.. and ive been wanting to learn how to Competitively Battle.

Kimlasca-Lanvaldear
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Name: Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear

Timezone and time I'm free: GMT+8; i have lots of time since it's summer break here in my country

Tier I wish to learn: GEN 5 OU~

Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-on-1 please

About Me:
i have not been playing pokemon since emerald, so basically, i have much to learn, especially competitive battling, and the new set of pokemon...
i wish to hear sooner from my tutor, and i am very eager to learn... don't worry, i can pick up things pretty fast

3m0d0ll
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Latisiblings said that I should go for a more stall-oriented teacher, so... :P

Badal
04-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Name: Grant
Timezone and Time im free: GMT -4, Free on Weekends and any days i dont have Sports practice, (rained out or whatever.)
Tier i wish to learn: Gen V OU
Group Tutoring or 1-On-1: 1 on 1
About Me: well, ive played since R/Y/B, recently learned how to EV train..well the fundamentals anyway. and yeah. i do catch on really quick.. and ive been wanting to learn how to Competitively Battle.
Assigned to Dark Shadow Lord

Name: Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear

Timezone and time I'm free: GMT+8; i have lots of time since it's summer break here in my country

Tier I wish to learn: GEN 5 OU~

Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-on-1 please

About Me:
i have not been playing pokemon since emerald, so basically, i have much to learn, especially competitive battling, and the new set of pokemon...
i wish to hear sooner from my tutor, and i am very eager to learn... don't worry, i can pick up things pretty fast
Assigned to Lastiblings

Latisiblings said that I should go for a more stall-oriented teacher, so... :P

Then I suggest BlueJello [not sure though] I'm not really sure who would be stall-oriented as a tutor at the moment

Kimlasca-Lanvaldear
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
i'm sorry, i know i shouldn't be asking this, but, how am i supposed to contact my tutor? i'm quite new here in the forums and i am not familiar with many things yet...

Badal
04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Here is the link to latisblings' page (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/member.php?u=37453)
I suggest you drop him a VM which is the text box on his page and just ask him when he's free to tutor.

Have fun on the forums and welcome

Latisiblings
04-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Assigned to Lastiblings

Hey, welcome! Hopefully I can help you improve a lot.

Then I suggest BlueJello [not sure though] I'm not really sure who would be stall-oriented as a tutor at the moment

Yep, I did. I've never succeded with a Stall team in my life, so it was hard for me to help her out. I know that most of our tutors have played Stall to a various degree, so they can probably help her out more than I can. But if none of them have time zones that are close to hers, I'll still tutor her with my limited knowledge of Stall.

Etymology
04-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I've got some experience in stall, so I'd be more than happy to tutor 3m0d0ll.

Badal
04-06-2011, 02:19 AM
I've got some experience in stall, so I'd be more than happy to tutor 3m0d0ll.
That's good to know.

Good luck to all our new tutees! We hope you enjoy our program and feel free to post any questions/concerns you may have in this thread. I'd be more than happy to clarify them.

Team Razor
04-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Is it too late to sign up?

Name: Pe2k/smogon: Team Razor(call me razor) PO: Razor
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT +1 Free time varies, but usually around 4pm- 8pm(with a dinner break)
Tier I wish to learn: Gen 5 OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: Doesn't matter.
About Me: well, I'm 14 and a half years old, have played pokémon since sapphire and I know the basics of competitive battling(items, EV, IV and such). Also, I don't got AIM and such, which is best?

Badal
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Is it too late to sign up?

Name: Pe2k/smogon: Team Razor(call me razor) PO: Razor
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT +1 Free time varies, but usually around 4pm- 8pm(with a dinner break)
Tier I wish to learn: Gen 5 OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: Doesn't matter.
About Me: well, I'm 14 and a half years old, have played pokémon since sapphire and I know the basics of competitive battling(items, EV, IV and such). Also, I don't got AIM and such, which is best?
I would've gladly taken you but due to exams coming up I'm afraid I can't

Assigned to Latisiblings

Midnight Zangoose JD
06-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Name: JD
Timezone and time I'm free: GTM 6; from 16:00 to 23:00
Tier I wish to learn: 5th Gen OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-1
About Me:
I'm a trainer from Mexico who got stucked in the 4th gen competitive battling. I've already played BW but there are so many new things I felt overwhelmed. I'd like to have some tutor who teach me all I need to know about BW. Abd... thats pretty much it :P

SLC
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
This still running?

Name: SLC
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT +1. Almost always on AIM, my laptop can't run PO so I can only go on my brothers every couple of days.
Tier I wish to learn: Gen V OU and UU.
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-to-1 would be best, although either is fine.
About Me: Uhh, been somewhat been competitive battling for a couple of years to little success. My AIM is politoedprince.

Judge Dredd
06-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Name: JD
Timezone and time I'm free: GTM 6; from 16:00 to 23:00
Tier I wish to learn: 5th Gen OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-1
About Me:
I'm a trainer from Mexico who got stucked in the 4th gen competitive battling. I've already played BW but there are so many new things I felt overwhelmed. I'd like to have some tutor who teach me all I need to know about BW. Abd... thats pretty much it :P

This still running?

Name: SLC
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT +1. Almost always on AIM, my laptop can't run PO so I can only go on my brothers every couple of days.
Tier I wish to learn: Gen V OU and UU.
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-to-1 would be best, although either is fine.
About Me: Uhh, been somewhat been competitive battling for a couple of years to little success. My AIM is politoedprince.

this is still running, i will talk to our tutors to find people to have the best times available to help

Etymology
06-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I suppose due to this and WAR X, I better start competitive battling again, at least on a simulator. PM me if you wish to be tutored.

Midnight Zangoose JD
06-21-2011, 04:47 AM
this is still running, i will talk to our tutors to find people to have the best times available to help

Thanks ^^

Latisiblings
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I could tutor Zangoose, since we're on the same timezone. Though you'd have to wait till next week Saturday since I have my tests coming up.

Judge Dredd
06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks ^^
Lati will be your tutor, just contact him through pm so you guys can set something up

I could tutor Zangoose, since we're on the same timezone. Though you'd have to wait till next week Saturday since I have my tests coming up.
sounds great, lati

Slade
08-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Hello, i dont mean to open up a dead thread, but i am relativly new to competitive battling, and i would like a tutor to help me please.

Name: Slade
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT -5 and during most hours of the day. from 8-12 though, i have school
Tier I wish to learn: sth Gen OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring:does not matter
About Me:I am elatively new to competeitive battles, however, i have played pokemon since Gen 1. I would like to be a master at sunny day teams, but thats not available in OU, i think, so im going to try wifi tier.

Judge Dredd
08-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Hello, i dont mean to open up a dead thread, but i am relativly new to competitive battling, and i would like a tutor to help me please.

Name: Slade
Timezone and time I'm free: GMT -5 and during most hours of the day. from 8-12 though, i have school
Tier I wish to learn: sth Gen OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring:does not matter
About Me:I am elatively new to competeitive battles, however, i have played pokemon since Gen 1. I would like to be a master at sunny day teams, but thats not available in OU, i think, so im going to try wifi tier.

dont worry about it man, ill send you a pm when i get back from work so we can set you up with one.

Slade
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
wow thank you! :D

Judge Dredd
08-24-2011, 02:30 AM
Ill try to find someone in the next two days

Slade
08-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Thankz a lot, really, thank you, i really need help :D

Judge Dredd
08-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Thankz a lot, really, thank you, i really need help :D

ive contacted two people, I will pm with updates on this.

pikangel
09-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry, not sure if this is a dead thread or not, but I would really like to learn about competitive battling if the program is still up.
Name: pikangel
Timezone and time I'm free: -8:00 GMT; probably free around 4PM, but time may change
Tier I wish to learn: OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-to-1
About Me: I'm pretty much an amateur in terms of battling, but I am willing to learn, so please try to be patient with me.

Judge Dredd
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Sorry, not sure if this is a dead thread or not, but I would really like to learn about competitive battling if the program is still up.
Name: pikangel
Timezone and time I'm free: -8:00 GMT; probably free around 4PM, but time may change
Tier I wish to learn: OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: 1-to-1
About Me: I'm pretty much an amateur in terms of battling, but I am willing to learn, so please try to be patient with me.

well a few questions, are you looking for 4th gen or 5th gen tutoring, and have you beat the games?

pikangel
09-16-2011, 10:49 PM
well a few questions, are you looking for 4th gen or 5th gen tutoring, and have you beat the games?

I was thinking about 5th generation tutoring. And on my Poke'mon Black, I've finished everything except for the Elite Four and Champion rematches.

Judge Dredd
09-17-2011, 12:51 AM
I was thinking about 5th generation tutoring. And on my Poke'mon Black, I've finished everything except for the Elite Four and Champion rematches.

cool, how long before you think youll beat it?

pikangel
09-17-2011, 09:04 PM
cool, how long before you think youll beat it?
Well, I finally just finished beating the Champion rematch today. Just wondering, so does that mean I might be able to participate in a tutoring session sometime soon?

Sora6x
10-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Name: Sora
Timezone and time I'm free: -7GMT most days from 7-12pm (some days i may be available earlier or not at all)
Tier I wish to learn: gen 5 OU
Group tutoring or 1-to-1 Tutoring: either is fine
About Me: Have around 22 OU or former OU pokemon to battle with all are EV trained and most are IV bred

Judge Dredd
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
im going to close this thread, please check out the new trainers association :cool: