PDA

View Full Version : Official B/W Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Neo Emolga
03-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Well, I've decided to go for it. How about you? If you're not sure what the Nuzlocke Challenge is, the details with it are right here:

Nuzlocke Challenge Rules (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge)

And the two main core rules are:

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

Optional Rules

* Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures.
* Considering a black out/white out to be "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
* Banning the use of potions and healing items, relying only on Pokémon Centers for healing.
* Banning the use of Pokémon Centers, relying only on potions and healing items for healing.
* Limiting Pokémon Center visits to a certain number per town.
* Banning the use of held items.
* Limiting the number of Poké Balls to purchase per Poké Mart.
* Banning the use of Master Balls.
* Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be migrated or permanently boxed should it happen to faint.
* The player may not evolve captured Pokémon, but evolved Pokémon may be caught.
* No catching of legendaries.
* Legendaries must be killed.

So in the end, its really up to you how tough you want to make it, but you need to at least follow the core rules.

So, feeling brave enough to do it? Join me and share your experiences.

Tsujin
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Oho, I didn't think many people would be Nuzlocking it. I'm personally not but that's only because I'm too lazy to follow all the rules and grinding gets too repetitive for me. My friends Nuzlocking it though so it'll be interesting and funny to follow all the people who are.

Etymology
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
This thread is now officially my second home. This summary is mostly going to be from memory, so it'll probably be a little fuzzy.

I've been Nuzlocking on Black ever since I got it. I started with Tepig, who I called Fanta (it was a Friday), and ever since I've had the naming scheme of soft drinks. I went on to capture a Lillipup, who I named SevenUp, and proceeded to battle Cress. We won without a hitch. After that we sorted out Team Plasma and caught ourselves a Munna.

I captured a Woobat from the cave near route 3, but she died shortly after. After I reached Nacrene City, the same happened with a Tympole (Pepsi) and an Audino (Milkshake) I found. I wasn't feeling very confident. Fanta had also managed to die in that time, too. It was mainly running on SevenUp and Munna, but we managed to defeat Lenora's duo.

Sewaddle was my next capture. It evolved into Leavanny pretty quickly. Castelia City was easy to take over, Burgh was little challenge to my team. I quickly proceeded to Nimbasa, where I managed to catch a Cinccino in a shaking grass patch (I called her CreamSoda). Elesa proved no match for my team of Herdier, Leavanny and Cincinno (I believe Munna had died at this point).

After Nimbasa, I captured a Trubbish (Coke), and then proceeded to cross the drawbridge. I captured a Vanillite in the Cooling Storage (Who I named IceCrmSoda) and defeated the Galactic goons who were hiding there. I don't remember where, but somewhere along the line I caught a Cottonee (named CloudedLMN). Me and CloudedLMN swept Driftveil Gym's trainers, and I was pretty confident. Then Clay's Krookodile got a crit Crunch on him, and KO'd it. I was so upset. Leavanny took care of him after that.

Up until the sixth gym, I had many changes to my team. Coke the Trubbish died, I captured and failed to defend a Deerling, I captured a Joltik which eventually ended up evolving and sweeping Skyla's team, I caught an Elgyem that died and a Foongus, named Champagne.

And then came the dreaded Twist Mountain. I had always been afraid of Twist Mountain due to a accident in my Japanese White Nuzlocke run. A Sawk managed to set up and knock out my entire party, bar one. I wouldn't let it happen again. No, not this time.

I progressed through Twist Mountain. I caught a Cubchoo, even, and I was pleased with myself, as they were pretty rare in Autumn. Even better, I managed to defeat the Sawk that had wiped out my party in the last Nuzlocke run.

But then I ran into another trainer. This time they carried Sawk's counterpart, Throh. My team was powerless against it. Leavanny could do nothing. Cincinno, Stoutland (my Herdier who had been with me since the start of my journey had finally evolved), Galvantula and Cubchoo would all succumb to its fighting and rock attacks. Champagne the Foongus was my best option. I switched as it continued to use Bulk Up. I managed to get a Toxic in, as it used a Rock type move to bring my Foongus down to red health. It would have fained if not for the Eviolite it held. I switched to Leavanny, trying to do some damage. We did little, as the Throh had too many Bulk Ups. It KO'd Leavanny with the aforementioned Rock move. Not wanting any more KOs, I sent in Stoutland, who was swiftly taken out with a Fighting move. The same happened to Cincinno. The Throh had almost had its HP depleted from the poison. I set in Cubchoo, thinking it would be fast enough to finish the thing off, as Foongus was faster than it earlier. I was aware Cubchoo and Foongus had the same speed, but chose the former because it could deal more damage.

Turns out, I must have got a lucky speed tie earlier. It KO'd Cubchoo, leaving only Champagne left. The poison then finished it off the turn I sent him in. I was lucky to get out alive. Using the Smoke Ball, I ran all the way out of Twist Mountain to heal and stock up, with only my Foongus with me. We made it through Twist Mountain, Champagne evolving along the way, although only bearly (pun definately intended).

Icirrus City was the perfect recovery point. I captured an Emolga just outside Dragonspiral Tower, and then went to revive the fossil at Nacrene City, giving me an Archen (Tizer). On the way back, I decided to capture a Pokemon at the routes I had missed, consisting of the Resort Desert and Route 18, which landed me a Sigilyph and a Dwebble (Appletiser). Sigilyph died shortly after that in training, but my team of Amoonguss, Archeops, Crustle (Archen and Dwebble both evolved in training) and Emolga were ready to defeat Brycen. It was easy, Crustle and Archeops had no trubble (again, another shameless pun).

I can sum Dragonspiral Tower up in four words. Druddigon. Domination. Badass cutscene.

Rinse and repeat for the Ancient Tower.

I was heading towards my eighth badge. I captured a Gothorita (FruitShoot) in Route 9, who was sent to the box and forgotten about until after the gym battle against Drayden. Unfortunately, Druddigon was killed against a Fraxure who I thought wouldn't KO me like all the other Fraxure's. I guess I was wrong.

Drayden was a piece of cake. Crustle took out the first two dragons, then a Flying Gem boosted Acrobatics from Archeops took out his Haxorus in one hit.

I withdraw Gothorita from the box, and this summary has no reached the point where I am in-game as of writing. I'll post more to outline how the E4 went (if I get there).

I'll probably draw some pictures to put underneath each paragraph later. Eh.

Current Team:

Appletiser (Crustle) Level 45
Lemonade (Emolga) Level 42
Champagne (Amoonguss) Level 44
Tizer (Archeops) Level 46
FruitShoot (Gothorita) Level 31

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Geez, that's a lot of close calls there, dude. Great read though, definitely sounds like it made the game a heck of a lot more intense and exciting.

As for me, I started with Snivy, who I named Razor, and then caught a Lillipup (Scout) on Route 1. Shortly after that, I ended up catching a second Lillipup (Tyra) on Route 2, and I have the Panpour (Saber) that was handed to me in the Dreamyard. Thankfully, no casualties yet, but I did have a few close calls with Cress. Mainly had to stop due to the battery running low and requiring a recharge.

I like your idea giving all your Pokemon nicknames off a theme. I think I'll go with types of blades/swords, since my Snivy (Razor) and Panpour (Saber) both have names that fit that criteria, and I can come up with a few dozen more like that, including Dagger, Claymore, Dirk, Shiv, Katana, and many more.

-------------------------------------
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules)

All Pokemon must be given nicknames.
Items (non-held) may only be used outside of battle.
Battle style must be “SET.”
Banning the use of Master Balls.
No catching of legendaries.
Legendaries must be killed.

Number of Gym Badges: 1

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 0

►Razor the Snivy (Starter)
►Scout the Lillipup (@ Route 1)
►Tyra the Lillipup (@ Route 2)
►Saber the Panpour (@ Dreamyard)

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, things turned a bit ugly lately...

Managed to catch another Lillipup, who I named Dirk on Route 3 (getting a bit sick of Lillipups :P) and a Roggenrola at Wellspring Cave, who I named Blade. And then Dreamyard turned into a graveyard when I ran into two Patrats who killed off Scout and Blade via Bide attacks as I was trying to train them. Absolutely lovely performance. And I was actually beginning to like that Roggenrola. Man, one wrong little slip and everything can get ugly real fast

But yeah, please no more Lillipups. XP

Still a lot of fun though, makes Pokemon a hell of a lot more interesting.

Number of Gym Badges: 1

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 2

✖Scout the Lillipup (@ Route 1) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
✖Blade the Roggenrola (@ Wellspring Cave) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)

►Razor the Snivy (Starter) [Lv. 16]
►Tyra the Herdier (@ Route 2) [Lv. 17]
►Saber the Panpour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 16]
►Dirk the Lillipup (@ Route 3) [Lv. 14]

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Not trolling here or anything but...
I might just have done this Nuzlocke thingie in one of the other games (not B/W because I feel like they are already harder than the others to start with) if not for the fact that every topic about it I've come across seems to think to actually be doing it 'officially' you have to be using *all* these rules, not just the first two. And they add more and more and more to them (and acting like they are all just as official) o.o

For one I feel like the not using items thingie is simply stupid because they are an actual part of the game. If they weren't meant to be used you wouldn't be able to buy them...

Also, counting a whole city as one place and having to pick between two event pokemon doesn't seem the same to me as going into a wild route and catching one pokemon. IMHO because cities are manmade they shouldn't be limited, as how strong or not your pokemon are makes no difference there -.-

I've half a mind to make my own verison of the rules to better mimic the anime world. As far as ties to my pokemon I already name everyone, I never knew it was rare to care o.o
I always made the game harder for myself by not running back to the pokemon center after every battle in a gym anyway and played the game with almost no money from losing all the time *lol*

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Not trolling here or anything but...
I might just have done this Nuzlocke thingie in one of the other games (not B/W because I feel like they are already harder than the others to start with) if not for the fact that every topic about it I've come across seems to think to actually be doing it 'officially' you have to be using *all* these rules, not just the first two. And they add more and more and more to them (and acting like they are all just as official) o.o

For one I feel like the not using items thingie is simply stupid because they are an actual part of the game. If they weren't meant to be used you wouldn't be able to buy them...

Also, counting a whole city as one place and having to pick between two event pokemon doesn't seem the same to me as going into a wild route and catching one pokemon. IMHO because cities are manmade they shouldn't be limited, as how strong or not your pokemon are makes no difference there -.-

I've half a mind to make my own verison of the rules to better mimic the anime world. As far as ties to my pokemon I already name everyone, I never knew it was rare to care o.o
I always made the game harder for myself by not running back to the pokemon center after every battle in a gym anyway and played the game with almost no money from losing all the time *lol*

I think it would be pretty much impossible to do this if you implemented all of the optional rules at once. If you can't use Pokemon Centers and can't use items, you're screwed. If your Pokemon doesn't run out of HP, they'll run out of PP for all their moves, and will eventually shoot themselves in the head with Struggle. Not to mention it would destroy your ability to grind.

Woodchuck
03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I might try to Nuzlocke it after I finish my current playthrough. Seems like a great way to breathe new life into the game. That second core rule is going to completely **** me over, though.

Etymology
03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
It's just to make things more challenging. Have Nuzlocke as hard as you want, just so long you have the 2 main rules in place.

Today...didn't go so well. I managed to net myself a Vullaby, and grinded my Gothorita up to about level 42. Cheren managed to kill off Vullaby in a freak accident, and Gothorita was later killed by another trainer along Route 10.

I still had my main three, Archeops, Amoonguss and Crustle, so I wasn't feeling too set back. However, a fatal accident in Victory road killed Archeops, and a training hazard back on Route 10 again managed to nail Amoonguss.

Now I've got one Pokemon, my Crustle, and I've got nowhere to catch Pokemon due to my ruleset. Great.

I'm going to get Crustle to about level 55-60, then challenge the E4. Just hope I can make it. TM and item usage will be vital here.

Current Team:
Crustle (Appletiser) Level 51.

For the battle against N and Geechisu, I'll probably draw up comic strips if I get that far. With the E4, I'll note down the battles moveplay and perhaps write a story for that part.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I think it would be pretty much impossible to do this if you implemented all of the optional rules at once. If you can't use Pokemon Centers and can't use items, you're screwed. If your Pokemon doesn't run out of HP, they'll run out of PP for all their moves, and will eventually shoot themselves in the head with Struggle. Not to mention it would destroy your ability to grind.
That's what I thought. I mean there comes a point where it just seems like a twisted way to kill off all your pokemon, slowly or not, after so many rules.
I guess having feelings for your pokemon is some new thing to some players and they want to feel sadness :\. In today's desensitized world I guess I can understand that, but it seems like there is a breaking point to how much of the game you can take out of the game before it really isn't a game anymore -.-

Tsujin
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM
That's what I thought. I mean there comes a point where it just seems like a twisted way to kill off all your pokemon, slowly or not, after so many rules.
I guess having feelings for your pokemon is some new thing to some players and they want to feel sadness :\. In today's desensitized world I guess I can understand that, but it seems like there is a breaking point to how much of the game you can take out of the game before it really isn't a game anymore -.-

Well the whole point of Nuzlocke is to make little bonds with your pokemon and make the game harder. It's basically Pokemon Hard Mode.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Well the whole point of Nuzlocke is to make little bonds with your pokemon and make the game harder. It's basically Pokemon Hard Mode.
I guess as someone who already makes bonds with her's it just seems a bit silly. You don't need a big list of rules to get that feeling and use each pokemon in place of just letting them sit in the box forever, or to give them nicknames and not overuse items etc...
I've beaten gyms with only one pokemon that is nearly gone and no items before. The fact that they can be brought back to life afterward doesn't cheapen anything about the bonds between my pokemon and I or the thrill of winning is all I mean :).

Etymology
03-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I guess as someone who already makes bonds with her's it just seems a bit silly. You don't need a big list of rules to get that feeling and use each pokemon in place of just letting them sit in the box forever, or to give them nicknames and not overuse items etc...
I've beaten gyms with only one pokemon that is nearly gone and no items before. The fact that they can be brought back to life afterward doesn't cheapen anything about the bonds between my pokemon and I or the thrill of winning is all I mean :).

The point was to make that bond even more intense. The thought of losing that Pokemon, after developing a little personality in your head and giving it a nickname, only made the bond closer, and it made your more protective of them and a better player in general.

Besides that, it's just another fun challenge to do. That's it.

Another part is to gain respect for Pokemon you wouldn't normally use. Nuzlocke forces you to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally capture. It's how I found a love for Volcarona, and even though he died and I lost the challenge, I still carry that respect for the species.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 10:06 PM
The point was to make that bond even more intense. The thought of losing that Pokemon, after developing a little personality in your head and giving it a nickname, only made the bond closer, and it made your more protective of them and a better player in general.

Besides that, it's just another fun challenge to do. That's it.

Another part is to gain respect for Pokemon you wouldn't normally use. Nuzlocke forces you to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally capture. It's how I found a love for Volcarona, and even though he died and I lost the challenge, I still carry that respect for the species.
*lol* Okay, whatever you want to do :). I guess I just find the games hard enough to start with. If anything is lacking I'd just rather write fanfic..

But I still say the idea of using *all* the rules together is just crazy, most of all when people add more and more new ones and act like they are just as official :P.

*edit* Also, I capture one of every pokemon. I've never had a problem with that :\. I don't need a rule to tell me to raise each pokemon *lol*

Etymology
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
But I still say the idea of using *all* the rules together is just crazy, most of all when people add more and more new ones and act like they are just as official :P.

Oh! I think you've misunderstood. The idea of a Nuzlocke is to use the two core rules, and then add optional rules if you wish. You don't need to use all of the rules Neo posted, maybe pick and choose dependant on how hard you want the game to be. And adding new rules is part of the fun! I remember a run where I had to roll dice after each major battle, and dependant on the number on the dice, certain effects would occur. Basically, Nuzlocke can be your own creation!

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Like BlueJello said, this is purely for fun and to add additional challenge and dynamics to the game. XBox 360 games have achievements, PS3 games have trophies, and so do a lot of online computer games, and these are just little point awards that say "hey, I did this extra little thing" when really there's no requirement that says you have to do it in order to complete the game normally. While Pokemon games may not have official achievements like this, it doesn't mean you can't toss in a little extra challenge to make the game more challenging and fun. The optional rules are there to really just customize your challenge, they're not meant to be a mandatory straitjacket.

Nuzlocke is essentially Pokemon on Hardcore mode, like what BlueJello said. The two core rules essentially challenge you to capture Pokemon you normally might not use, and to focus on them and at least attempt to keep them alive the best you can. As a result, you can't just let them casually faint and say the Pokemon Center will make things all better again. You also learn to appreciate what you have, instead of freely going with whatever team you want along the way.

As a result, it makes the battles more intense, and it drives you to be more resourceful rather than having unlimited liberty to gather whatever team you want and then feel no real liability by having a lot of your Pokemon get wiped out. With Nuzlocke, when one of the few Pokemon you can get faints, its gone for good, and now you've got to think about how you plan on improvising for the loss and at least try to make sure it doesn't happen again with your other Pokemon.

So far, I've been enjoying the heck out of it. Just try it, you'll see what we mean. It definitely puts Pokemon in a whole new perspective.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
It still seems like you'd hardly ever win with it. It's just, say you trained everyone up to level 50, and everyone dies and..well, I can't say it would make pokemon better to me. If anything it would make me bitter and never want to play the games again, like the main character in that comic that started it -.- (More as a joke to put LOST character heads on pokemon and call it funny than anything I'm starting to feel like.)
Consisting how much I value each pokemon I catch already :(

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
It still seems like you'd hardly ever win with it. It's just, say you trained everyone up to level 50, and everyone dies and..well, I can't say it would make pokemon better to me. If anything it would make me bitter and never want to play the games again, like the main character in that comic that started it -.-

I think you're taking it too seriously, its just for fun and for extra challenge.

The thing is, it's true that you would have a very hard time winning, but it IS possible. And hey, if things don't work out and you get totally nailed by it, there's nothing stopping you from tossing the whole thing out the window at any time and just playing the game normally.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I think you're taking it too seriously, its just for fun and for extra challenge.

The thing is, it's true that you would have a very hard time winning, but it IS possible. And hey, if things don't work out and you get totally nailed by it, there's nothing stopping you from tossing the whole thing out the window at any time and just playing the game normally.
*LOL* Maybe I am, but so was the comic that started all this, so I dunno. I'm just matching that serious level (and fanficy serious level, since we were going into the whole bond with poke/value pokemon thingie).
Plus, I have a long history of disliking games where if you die you die and lose all your items-.-. Only in this case, items would be pokemon. All that hard work, wasted *sigh*
You know, they really should add a rule somewhere where if it is met the pokemon doesn't die, since in real life there is such a thing as passing out but not dying.
After all, I'm sure pokecenters can cure comas by now X3

I guess I could try, but B/W is not the right game to try it in to me. It already feels like a harder game without any help. I bet you would like it just as much normally played :)

Etymology
03-09-2011, 10:47 PM
It still seems like you'd hardly ever win with it. It's just, say you trained everyone up to level 50, and everyone dies and..well, I can't say it would make pokemon better to me. If anything it would make me bitter and never want to play the games again, like the main character in that comic that started it -.- (More as a joke to put LOST character heads on pokemon and call it funny than anything I'm starting to feel like.)

Guess how many times I've Nuzlocked? About 7 times.

Guess how many times I've won? Never.

It's just that drive to finally win a challenge that keeps me going. Even though I only have my Crustle left, I'm still hopeful we can pull this off. Another thing is, I really like the idea of having a Nuzlocked team defeat the E4. I don't get that feeling in a normal playthrough. They'd just sit in a box and collect dust. In a Nuzlocke run, they'll always be the ones I won the challenge with, they'd mean a lot more.

But as Neo said, it doesn't have to be taken seriously. Just a little fun, t'is all.

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 10:51 PM
*LOL* Maybe I am, but so was the comic that started all this, so I dunno. I'm just matching that serious level (and fanficy serious level, since we were going into the whole bond with poke/value pokemon thingie).
Plus, I have a long history of disliking games where if you die you die and lose all your items-.-. Only in this case, items would be pokemon. All that hard work, wasted *sigh*
You know, they really should add a rule somewhere where if it is met the pokemon doesn't die, since in real life there is such a thing as passing out but not dying.
After all, I'm sure pokecenters can cure comas by now X3

I guess I could try, but B/W is not the right game to try it in to me. It already feels like a harder game without any help. I bet you would like it just as much normally played :)

Well, there's also the option of instead of releasing the Pokemon, you put it into an assigned box that serves as the "hospital," and you're not allowed to use those Pokemon anymore. If you win and beat the Elite Four and become Champion, you did it and you can use those Pokemon again. Or if you fail or give up, you can pull those Pokemon out of there.

It's a flexible challenge, that's why I think it appeals to a lot of people.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Guess how many times I've Nuzlocked? About 7 times.

Guess how many times I've won? Never.

It's just that drive to finally win a challenge that keeps me going. Even though I only have my Crustle left, I'm still hopeful we can pull this off. Another thing is, I really like the idea of having a Nuzlocked team defeat the E4. I don't get that feeling in a normal playthrough. They'd just sit in a box and collect dust. In a Nuzlocke run, they'll always be the ones I won the challenge with, they'd mean a lot more.

But as Neo said, it doesn't have to be taken seriously. Just a little fun, t'is all.
Whatever works for you :). I couldn't do things over and over like that. To me the team I beat TE4 with the first time in each game is just as good, they collect memories, not dust..
But then, I don't replay a lot, I play slowly, keep my endgame pokemon and then write fanfic\draw fanart. Usually by the time I'm done a new generation is out...It's okay to me :D
Well, there's also the option of instead of releasing the Pokemon, you put it into an assigned box that serves as the "hospital," and you're not allowed to use those Pokemon anymore. If you win and beat the Elite Four and become Champion, you did it and you can use those Pokemon again. Or if you fail or give up, you can pull those Pokemon out of there.

It's a flexible challenge, that's why I think it appeals to a lot of people.
I've very tempted to make an anime version of this, where it has rules to mimic the anime.
I think it would be better (in an anime like version) to roll a dice to see if the pokemon lives or not, since just doing all or nothing and even just locking them away is kind of like acting like pokemon centers don't have the ability to heal them at all at that point. It just doesn't feel..quite right, since they can :\

Etymology
03-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Generally I just release the Pokemon; makes me more protective over them because once they're gone, that truly is it.

Right. I think I might be ready for the league. Appletiser and me have been slaughtering Audino endlessly, and even done a spot of EV training, to get ready for the challenge.

Here's his information:

Crustle (Appletiser) (M) PKRS
Level 55
Quirky Nature
3/8/2011
Route 18
Met at Lv. 30.
Capable of taking hits.
HP: 162
Attack: 133
Defense: 162
Special Attack: 86
Special Defense: 103
Speed: 75
~Shell Smash
~X-Scissor
~Rock Slide
~Shadow Claw

I think I most fear Caitlin and the Ghost E4, due to them being mainly special attackers. Hoping to use Shell Smash and the sweep my way through.

Wish me luck!

bigboy
03-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Well I've been wanting to do this challenge on pearl but since the world of white was still new, i decided to go ahead and do it. I restarted the game (was at 6th gym). I decided to choose a theme of mobile technology theme for my pokemon names. Snivy is Droid Eris and lillipup is S.S Tab (samsung tab) and my dead purrloin was atrix.

Oh and I'm playing with the rules...
*no potions unless found
and the other normal rules as well of course.

Neo Emolga
03-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Well I've been wanting to do this challenge on pearl but since the world of white was still new, i decided to go ahead and do it. I restarted the game (was at 6th gym). I decided to choose a theme of mobile technology theme for my pokemon names. Snivy is Droid Eris and lillipup is S.S Tab (samsung tab) and my dead purrloin was atrix.

Oh and I'm playing with the rules...
*no potions unless found
and the other normal rules as well of course.

Well good luck to you, dude, let us know how it goes.

Neo Emolga
03-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Got the second gym badge without too much difficultly. Managed to catch a Sawk as well, which I figured was pretty lucky considering I haven't been able to run into a second one after I caught the very first thing I saw getting into Pinwheel Forest.

Still too many Bide attack close calls. I've really begun to hate that move, along with all the Patrats that have been spamming it lately. :P

Number of Gym Badges: 2

Current Roster

✖Scout the Lillipup (@ Route 1) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
✖Blade the Roggenrola (@ Wellspring Cave) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)

►Razor the Servine (Starter) [Lv. 22]
►Tyra the Herdier (@ Route 2) [Lv. 21]
►Saber the Panpour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 20]
►Dirk the Herdier (@ Route 3) [Lv. 20]
►Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 22]

Orange_Flaaffy
03-11-2011, 01:08 AM
If I do it it will be in one of the older games. I think the main draw to it for me would be doing comics or fanfic or both, since I can already draw a bit (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29199&page=2) :).
Less about a harder game and more about a plot ;).

bigboy
03-12-2011, 03:57 AM
I fine it extremely annoying at times only being able to catch first pokemon of each route but i guess i learn to live with it. And i have now just beat the second gym with only two dead pokemons.

Active Optional Rules

Legendaries must be killed

-----------------------------
Number of Gym Badges: 2
Pokemon Roster
Droid Eris the Snivy
S.S. Tab the Lillipup
Increble the Roggenrola
Chocalate the Patrat

GraveYard
NOkia the Panpour
Atrix the purrloin

Larvinator
03-12-2011, 11:44 PM
I really want to do this, but I'd like to play the game through once normally so I don't grow to despise it. Already more than halfway through, so I should be joining you guys soon!

Also, I love the play-by-plays here. Especially BlueJello's; talk about drama! Can't wait to see how your E4 challenge goes.

Neo Emolga
03-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Tyra died from her own Take Down recoil after getting smacked by a Low Kick attack from a wild Timbur. Been mostly grinding to keep everyone at least 5 levels above the Pokemon they're fighting against, and it seems to be a pretty good and solid strategy to keeping everyone alive. Just need to level grind Katana until she catches up with everyone else.

Beat the third gym, no casualties, though Saber had a pretty close call after getting hit with a Razor Leaf attack.

So far, I'm still hanging in there, which is good, and I have a full team of six.

Number of Gym Badges: 3

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 3

► Razor the Servine (Starter) [Lv. 28]
► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 29]
► Dirk the Herdier (@ Route 3) [Lv. 27]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 29]
► Shiv the Scraggy (@ Route 4) [Lv. 26]
► Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) [Lv. 20]

✖ Scout the Lillipup (@ Route 1) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
✖ Blade the Roggenrola (@ Wellspring Cave) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
✖ Tyra the Herdier (@ Route 2) (KIA from Take Down recoil after getting hit from a wild Timbur's Low Kick at Pinwheel Forest)

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2011, 12:13 AM
IMHO, no matter how powerful Take Down is, it seems like a move you would want to never use\get rid of in something like this. Along with any other move with a recoil :\

Neo Emolga
03-13-2011, 12:21 AM
IMHO, no matter how powerful Take Down is, it seems like a move you would want to never use\get rid of in something like this. Along with any other move with a recoil :\

It was just a bad luck case with that, because she had plenty of HP to survive the recoil before the Low Kick got her down to 5 HP (don't remember if it was a critical hit or not). Besides that, Take Down was really one of the only good moves she had when she went down. But in all honesty, I wouldn't have kept two Herdiers in my party anyway. One is definitely enough.

Bide has become a real pain in the neck though. As soon as a Pokemon uses that, they become a ticking time bomb, and you've either got to strike them down fast or hope you can run away successfully in case you know you're not going to be able to do enough damage.

Still, its a pretty fun and interesting way to play the game.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Does anyone know Run Away in B/W?

Neo Emolga
03-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Bleh, kind of an eventful day.

Started off by heading to Nimbasa City, and ran into N. His Durumaka's Fire Punch pretty much killed Razor, though I thought he might have been able to pull through considering he was almost at full health and he was roughly eight levels above. Ah well.

Also caught a Minccino on Route 5, who I named Stilletto. However, she didn't last long. I tried to do the whole put her in front since her level was low and then swap to a stronger Pokemon to take out the wild ones and gain some experience that way. It worked for a little while before a wild Liepard killed her with a Pursuit attack. Rats. From what I learned, Minccino looks cute, but that's about all it has going for it.

Meanwhile, training Katana the Sandile has been a bit of a challenge. Route 4 is too low and the weighted experience slows the grinding to a painful crawl, but Pinwheel forest is loaded with too many fighting and grass types, leaving me to pit her against stuff her own level. Risky, but it seems like the only choice.

Besides all that, I managed to get Scythe the Yamask from Relic Castle, and got Rapier the Archen from the Plume Fossil. Keep on truckin'.

Number of Gym Badges: 3

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 5

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 31]
► Dirk the Herdier (@ Route 3) [Lv. 30]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 30]
► Shiv the Scraggy (@ Route 4) [Lv. 33]
► Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) [Lv. 21]
► Rapier the Archen (Plume Fossil) [Lv. 26]

✧ Scythe the Yamask (Relic Castle) [Lv. 21]

✖ Scout the Lillipup (@ Route 1) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
✖ Blade the Roggenrola (@ Wellspring Cave) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
✖ Tyra the Herdier (@ Route 2) (KIA from Take Down recoil after getting hit from a wild Timbur's Low Kick at Pinwheel Forest)
✖ Razor the Servine (Starter) (KIA from N's Darumaka Fire Punch at Nimbasa City
✖ Stilletto the Minccino (@ Route 5) (KIA from wild Liepard's Pursuit attack at Route 5)

Neo Emolga
03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Okay, I realized I caught Scythe the Yamask illegitimately. I thought the east entrance and the west entrance to Relic Castle led to two separate places, and the first Pokémon I found at Relic Castle was another Sandile, which I unfortunately KOed before capture. Only when I double checked did I realize the same place just has two entrances. So Scythe was released.

Anyway…

Katana, my first Sandile, was killed during training after getting nailed with a critical hit Headbutt from a wild Dorumaka. After that, I caught a wild Ducklett, who I named Scimitar, on the Driftveil Drawbridge, which I was actually pretty pleased about considering Simipour is a pathetic excuse for a water type. However, she didn’t last long when another wild Dorumaka badly hit her with a Façade attack, and the sandstorm finished her off.

I was a little bummed out considering a great ground type like a Sandile would have been helpful with the fourth gym, but I used Dirk the Soutland in her place and he did a pretty decent job and didn’t come anywhere close to going down.

I also caught a wild Timburr (Cutlass) at Cold Storage, and a wild Kerrablast (Claymore) on Route 6. However, both of them are pretty low in level, and I figure considering how badly training against wild Pokémon has been going lately, I think I’ll refrain from training them unless I really have to. Right now I have five solid Pokémon that can handle themselves, and I don’t need a second fighting type and I don’t think a bug type really fits the current team I have now anyway. So they’re in storage at the moment.

Still, hopefully more Pokémon, less casualties in the future. Now I’ve got to take on Clay, and see if Saber is actually up for the job armed with no better water move than Water Gun.

All Pokémon must be given nicknames.

Number of Gym Badges: 4

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 7

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 32]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 34]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 34]
► Shiv the Scraggy (@ Route 4) [Lv. 33]
► Rapier the Archen (Plume Fossil) [Lv. 35]

✧ Cutlass the Timburr (@ Cold Storage) [Lv. 22]
✧ Claymore the Kerrablast (@ Route 6) [Lv. 22]

✖ Razor the Servine (Starter) (KIA from N's Darumaka Fire Punch at Nimbasa City)
✖ Stilletto the Minccino (@ Route 5) (KIA from wild Liepard's Pursuit attack at Route 5)
✖ Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s critical hit Headbutt attack on Route 4)
✖ Scimitar the Ducklett) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s Façade attack +Sandstorm damage on Route 4)

Larvinator
03-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Oof, I tried Nuzlocke and I just got super frustrated; my poor, poor Oshawott somehow wound up dying every single time before the first gym during level grinding, whether through bad luck or dumb mistakes. Larvi's done, folks.

However, I did have an idea whilst I was torturing myself: suppose someone took the Nuzlocke idea and made it into a full-blown fanfic sort of deal? Like, followed and narrated their Nuzlocke experience in fanfic form, I mean. It'd be pretty awesome, and someone sufficiently creative could come up with some nifty narrative justifications for the rules (Pokeball safety mechanisms broken, supplies too low to buy anything, etc). I dunno, I think it'd be hella dramatic.

TsukiKaiki64
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm so excited, my first Nuzlocke challenge! On my White game, too.

Tiki's White Nuzlock!

My Rules (besides the core ones)

Banning the use of healing items, like Potions.
Pokemon must be named after food.
If I have six Pokemon in my team, I can not catch anymore. I can, however, come back to that route later should I have less than six Pokemon on my team.
No Legendaries expect Zekrom (since to get through the game you need to catch him.)
Only five Pokeballs (Dusk Balls, Ultra Balls, etc,) per town.
Gifted Pokemon are freebies, they don't count as a Pokemon caught in a Route.

Current Party:

Cake the Sassy Munna (Dreamyard) Lvl: 16
DarkCream the Impish Purrlion (Route 2) Lvl: 12
Lettuce the Careful Pansage (gift in Dreamyard) Lvl: 15
Hotdog the Quiet Lillipup (Route 1) Lvl: 7

Dead List:

Sasauge the Timid Tepig (Nuvema Town) Ah, Sasuage will be missed... though if he couldn't beat a lvl 10 Patrat at full health, then I guess its good riddance. But there goes my help against Burgh and Brycen. Lesigh.

Badges: Basic Badge!

Story:
So Gourmet Food, or just Gourmet, set out on his adventure with his best friends Bianca and Cheren. He picked Tepig from the gift box and nicknamed him sasauge before being challenged by my two 'friends' and recieving my Pokedex and blah blah blah.
The beginning is boring. I just trained Sasauge and Lettuce's hindquarters off for the first gym, then went and got Sasuage killed before deciding to write this. I'll update tomorrow.

Neo Emolga
03-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Oof, I tried Nuzlocke and I just got super frustrated; my poor, poor Oshawott somehow wound up dying every single time before the first gym during level grinding, whether through bad luck or dumb mistakes. Larvi's done, folks.

However, I did have an idea whilst I was torturing myself: suppose someone took the Nuzlocke idea and made it into a full-blown fanfic sort of deal? Like, followed and narrated their Nuzlocke experience in fanfic form, I mean. It'd be pretty awesome, and someone sufficiently creative could come up with some nifty narrative justifications for the rules (Pokeball safety mechanisms broken, supplies too low to buy anything, etc). I dunno, I think it'd be hella dramatic.

Yeah, its not easy, as I've had to pass up truckloads of Pokemon I'd rather use, and found myself taking in quite a few Pokemon I wasn't too crazy about as ones I've had to rely upon. I've also ended up with a lot of fighting types out of coincidence.

The hardest part is training a Pokemon for hours, and then having some freak accident causing it to faint, especially when its a good one you really didn't want to lose.

Anyway...

Managed to catch a Joltik in Chargestone cave, and I named her Micarta. However, she was killed by a wild Zebstrika’s Pursuit attack on Route 7, essentially killing her the same way Stilletto died. I also caught a Foongus on Route 7, named her Kabar, and essentially just kept her as more of an HM slave (although not a good one at that). Again, like my Timburr and the Kerrablast, I don’t intend on using them unless things get pretty desperate.

Rapier, my Archeops, was killed by Ranger Mary’s Simipour on Route 7, and I was a bit bummed out about that since he was pretty good. He had nearly full health, and for some reason, that Scald attack really, really kicked his ass, even though Rapier was like at least 10 levels higher and I could have sworn he would have survived even a super effective attack like that. Ah well, he was great while he lasted. Rest in peace.

Besides that, caught Karambit the Alomomola on Route 17, and Cleaver the Boldore at Twist Mountain, which I traded to Manny for Minipete the Emolga. And finally, got Kershaw the Woobat at Mistralton Cave. Guess it’s a good sign that I’m gaining more Pokémon than losing them, even though I do have a few in storage that I don’t really intend on using at all unless things get pretty dire with the team I have right now.

Number of Gym Badges: 6

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 9

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 44]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 47]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 43]
► Shiv the Scrafty (@ Route 4) [Lv. 43]
► Minipete the Emolga (@ Trade from NPC Manny) [Lv. 46]
► Kershaw the Woobat (@ Mistralton Cave) [Lv. 28]

✧ Kabar the Foongus (@ Route 7) [Lv. 27]
✧ Karambit the Alomomola (@ Route 17) [Lv. 11]

✖ Razor the Servine (Starter) (KIA from N's Darumaka Fire Punch at Nimbasa City)
✖ Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s critical hit Headbutt attack on Route 4)
✖ Scimitar the Ducklett (@ Driftveil Bridge) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s Façade attack + Sandstorm damage on Route 4)
✖ Micarta the Joltik (@ Chargestone Cave) (KIA from wild Zebstrika’s Pursuit attack on Route 7)
✖ Rapier the Archeops (Plume Fossil) (KIA from Ranger Mary Simipour’s Scald attack on Route 7)

Altrius
03-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Debating about wether to try this or not. Im currently at the 6th gym, and ive got a solid team. However, I wouldn't mind being forced to try different pokemon.

How much more time consuming is it though? I do wish there was more than one save slot on these games :L

Master Zorua
03-21-2011, 07:14 PM
While I'm not Nuzlocking for Black (playing through it and using Black as my new pokemon bank, I'll be Nuzlocking White when I get it), I'm going to first try Nuzlocking with Pearl first. The rules I'll be using are as follows:

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released places in a Dead Box(s).
The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
Once you enter a gym, you cannot leave until you beat it.
While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark (White only, though in Pearl leggies cannot be in party period.)
You cannot have any more than 5 Pokeballs on your person at any time unless you pick one up on the map.
You cannot buy Vitamins, but you can use any you find on the routes.
You cannot buy or use repels. You must either throw them out if you find any or sell them at a Pokemart.
White out - Game Over

IceKyurem
03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I've been Nuzlocking Japanese White. So, all names will be the translated Japanese, since I can't be bothered remembering the English names.

Rules:
Battle Style= Set.
One Pokemon per route
Release all dead Pokemon
No legendaries.
Legends must be killed.
Nickname all Pokemon

Team right now:
Miruhoggu, Alvin.
Chaobuu, (some random Japanese characters)
Otamaro, DJ
Yanappu, Oakey
Herderier, Yappy.

Currently trying to beat Aloe.

Dead:
Mamepato, Wings
Koromori, Batty (I wish I knew those Machop copies could know Rock Type moves...)

Neo Emolga
03-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Debating about wether to try this or not. Im currently at the 6th gym, and ive got a solid team. However, I wouldn't mind being forced to try different pokemon.

How much more time consuming is it though? I do wish there was more than one save slot on these games :L

It's a bit more time consuming, because you do extra grinding for that extra sense of security. You're also more hesitant to take on gyms, even though for me, I have yet to have a single Pokemon get killed in a gym, its mostly wild Pokemon that have just gotten "lucky" while I was trying to train them.

As a guide, I try to keep my Pokemon at least 5 levels above what they're fighting, though later on, I've increased this number to 10 levels above, and it seems to be working, though it isn't foolproof. You never know when an enemy Pokemon may get a critical hit, and even though you may try to prepare for it, it sometimes ends up being beyond your control.

Give it a shot though, its quite an interesting and unique way to play. Having to release some of my Pokemon has been a bit of a challenge, especially after an unfair freak accident, but it does set the stakes to be higher.

While I'm not Nuzlocking for Black (playing through it and using Black as my new pokemon bank, I'll be Nuzlocking White when I get it), I'm going to first try Nuzlocking with Pearl first. The rules I'll be using are as follows:

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released places in a Dead Box(s).
While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark (White only, though in Pearl leggies cannot be in party period.)
You cannot have any more than 5 Pokeballs on your person at any time unless you pick one up on the map.
You cannot buy or use repels. You must either throw them out if you find any or sell them at a Pokemart.
White out - Game Over

Looks like a solid setup, though I think the rule with repels is kind of overkill. Most of the Pokemon turned off by Repel are ones you could just hit "Run" on and you'd run away anyway. Using repels just bypasses that annoyance.

Master Zorua
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah. I think I might change that to "Never run from fights" and keep repels as usable. Right now I'm tossing all of my keepables from Pearl to Diamond before data wiping and starting over.

Altrius
03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Alrighty, so I restarted my game and im gonna play through by Nuzlocking :) I'll tell some nice stories of close calls and near misses along the way :)

So I started out and picked Oshawott and nicknamed him Twix (Im gonna go with chocolate bars made in the UK.) Caught a little Patrat on Route 1 I named Mars. Headed over to Route 2 and caught a Lilpup which I named Galaxy. Ive changed the core rule slightly so I dont catch more of the same pokemon.

Optional Rules in Use

Cannot catch more than one of the same pokemon, unless I do not have one in my party/computer. If it is a new route, continue until a new pokemon is caught or discovered.
Black out - Game over
Master Ball ban
Fainted pokemon must be put in the PC box and not used again.
Legendaries can be caught, but not used and only for pokedex entry purposes.

Current Gym Badges - 0

Roster

Twix the Oshawott (Lvl 10)
Mars the Patrat (Lvl 7)
Galaxy the Lilpup (Lvl 7)

Casualties - 0

Altrius
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Okay, bit of an interesting start so far. This is a serious challenge I tell you, cant take any chances.

So after I caught Galaxy the Lilpup, we headed ontowards Striaton City, where Mars met a rather brutal end at the hands of N's lucky crits. Oh well, he was a pretty useless pokemon anyways.

I grabbed a Simisear from the dude and named him Twirl, and with a few more levels Twirl, Twix and Galaxy took on the gym. One of the trainers nearly K.O'ed Galaxy with a lucky crit but he lived to fight another day. The gym leader wasnt all that hard. Twix took out the Lilpup with ease and Twirl burnt the Simisage to a crisp. Easy cash.

Back to the dreamyard I caught a Purrlion named Milkyway. Nothing interesting happened until route 3 where Milkyway died to one of the youngsters there. She wasn't too good though, so I wasn't that worried. I leveled up on a few Audinos after accidently K.O'ing a Blitzle (Damn, I really want that guy) and Galaxy evolved into a Herdier, aong with Twix evolving into a Dewott.

Twirls falling behind a little, and i dont have high hopes for this little monkey. Hes not very powerful and is squishy. Can see him dying sometime soon. Anyways, onto Wellspring cave!

Optional Rules in Use

Cannot catch more than one of the same pokemon, unless I do not have one in my party/computer. If it is a new route, continue until a new pokemon is caught or discovered.
Black out - Game over
Master Ball ban

Current Gym Badges - 1

Roster

Twix the Dewott (Lvl 17)
Galaxy the Herdier (Lvl 17)
Twirl the Simisear (Lvl 12)

Casualties - 2

Mars the Patrat (lvl 9) - Killed by N's Purrlion
Milkyway the Purrlion (Lvl 10) - Killed by a Youngsters Simipour

bigboy
03-23-2011, 12:14 AM
So I started out and picked Oshawott and nicknamed him Twix (Im gonna go with chocolate bars made in the UK.) Caught a little Patrat on Route 1 I named Mars. [/I]
THEY STILL MAKE MARS BARS!!!! I'M JEALOUS.....

All kidding aside, you'll love the challenge till one of your beloved pokemon die. I just beat the fifth gym and still the only casualities i've had have been before the first two gyms (freak training accidents.)

I try to keep my pokemon 5 levels above with a balance team and about two pokemon with high defenses, (though defense pokemon are hard to find...)

Good Luck.

Neo Emolga
03-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Twirls falling behind a little, and i dont have high hopes for this little monkey. Hes not very powerful and is squishy. Can see him dying sometime soon. Anyways, onto Wellspring cave!

Yeah, I kind of felt the same way about the Panpour/Simipour that I have, but he's actually still alive and kicking even though many of the Pokemon I thought would long outlast him have come and gone.

Just be careful when you decide to evolve him, because once they evolve, they learn absolutely nothing and its all TMs from there. Simisear doesn't learn his last level-up move until level 43, so check to see what you'd like first (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/513.shtml) and then make the call.

Good luck.

bigboy
03-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Well its been awhile since i updated but i feel its about time.
First of all i have defeated 6 gyms. Caught quite a few more and lost another of my buddies. And majority of my team is evolved and nearing level 40.

I was was thrived when i found a Tynamo first in chargestone cave. And got a archeops from a plume which was exciting until my EnV the Darmanitan almost fainted. Defeated Skyla easily with Thunderblt and Verizon. Although almost died when i almost lost Verizon to a stoutland, that would of been horrible. RIP Scraggy...
Oh and to finish the day went to mistralon cave looking for a few trainers with a repel on, untill that ran out, and boy did I hit jackpot, got an axew. Named her Droid X after my own phone but she isn't part of my crew yet. She has to work for that...

Active Optional Rules
Legendaries must be killed

Number of Gym Badges: 6
Number of Casualties: 3
Pokemon Roster
Droid Eris the serperior
S.S. Tab the stoutland
Voyager the Seismitoad
EnV the Darmanitan
Thunderblt the Eelektross
Verizon the Archeops

GraveYard
Nokia the Panpour
Atrix the purrloin
Moto the scraggy

Altrius
03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Alright, so my teams still going strong and ive made some new additions too.

So me and the gang headed out to Wellspring cave to stop the dastardly Team plasma, and along the way recruited a happy-go-lucky ball of rock with feet (Roggenrola), nicknamed Kitkat. Man is this little rock awesome. Serious attack and some nice defense. Hes been kicking ass ever since. With four on my team I was feeling pretty confident as I headed into the town with the second gym, ready to kick even more ass.

I quickly headed out to the outer skirts of Pinwheel Forest and caught a Tympole named Rolo. He seemed pretty crap, but i figured I'd give him a chance at Lenora, see if he could prove his worth.

Sadly, he couldn't pull his weight, and after Galaxy the Herdier did a fantastic job in demolishing Lenoras Herdier, I switched in Rolo to take on her watchdog and he died dismally by a critial hit retaliate. Damn. Still, Twix saved the day with two well placed Razor Shells, and everyone was happy.

Twirl, is sitting here doing nothing. Its depressing the fact he cant even kill a level 11 Audino by himself. Seriously thinking about boxing him.

Onwards and upwards, we headed into Pinwheel forest and made a new friend! This little Petilil is totally awesome! She acctually doesnt die, not with her combination of Sleep Powder, Leech seed and Megadrain. Its an actual killer. We nicknamed her Crunchie and shes been storming ever since. Now, its time to kick Team Plasma ass in Pinwheel!

Optional Rules in Use

Black out - Game over
Master Ball ban

Current Gym Badges - 1

Roster

Twix the Dewott (Lvl 21)
Galaxy the Herdier (Lvl 19)
Kitkat the Roggenrola (Lvl 19)
Crunchie the Petilil (Lvl 19)

In box - 1

Twirl the Simisage - (Lvl 12)

Casualties - 3

Mars the Patrat (Lvl 9) - Killed by N's Purrlion
Milkyway the Purrlion (Lvl 10 - Killed by Youngsters Simipour
Rolo the Tymple (Lvl 17) - Killed by Lenoras Watchdog.

Latio-Nytro
03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Yay for Pokemon White. Yay for Nuzlocke White.

Yay for my special rules, aside from the core rules.

-MUST nickname all Pokemon by a theme. Theme: Kitchen Terms.
-Adjusting 1st capture rule to bar duplicate captures; If first Pokemon is a duplicate, you may bypass the rule until you find a non-duplicate. It is considered a duplicate if the Pokemon in question is also one that is owned and alive.
-Storing all Pokemon in Hospitol Boxes over throwing them out.
EDIT:-Almost forgot. Gift Pokemon, like the Monkeys, do not count towards the Route's capture, and can be obtained with it. Eggs count for this too.

I've started the game off, nice and simple. My Trainer name is Avalon (What else?), my Starter is Tepig, and his nickname is Scorch. I've caught a Patrat on Route 1, And I've named him Braise. Yes, Kitchen Terms include a lot of odd words. Miserably for me, Braise died early.

Current Party: Scorch the Tepig, Level 6

Casualties: Braise the Patrat, Level 3, KIA by Wild Patrat's Tackle.

Neo Emolga
03-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Well, Kershaw the Woobat died. Found a bunch of Blackbelt dudes and battle girls in Wellspring Cave, and I thought “hey, this would be a good opportunity to level up a Flying and Psychic type!” Add that to the list of famous last words. Kershaw faced a Scraggy, who killed her pretty quickly and effectively with a Payback attack after hitting him pretty hard. Frankly though, I don’t think I would have been too happy with a Swoobat anyway.

Besides that, I caught Shinai the Mienfoo outside Dragonsprial Tower, who I grinded all the way up to a Mienshao. He kicks ass, but this marks the third fighting type Pokémon I have on my team. As a result, destroying Brycen’s gym was easy as heck, three Drain Punches and his entire team was dead.

In the end, plenty of fighting types, but I still like this team quite a bit. I definitely think I can pull this whole thing off.

Number of Gym Badges: 7

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 10

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 50]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 51]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 50]
► Shiv the Scrafty (@ Route 4) [Lv. 50]
► Minipete the Emolga (@ Trade from NPC Manny) [Lv. 53]
► Shinai the Mienshao (@ Dragonspiral Tower) [Lv. 52]

✖ Scimitar the Ducklett (@ Driftveil Bridge) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s Façade attack + Sandstorm damage on Route 4)
✖ Micarta the Joltik (@ Chargestone Cave) (KIA from wild Zebstrika’s Pursuit attack on Route 7)
✖ Rapier the Archeops (Plume Fossil) (KIA from Ranger Mary Simipour’s Scald attack on Route 7)
✖ Kershaw the Woobat (@ Mistralton Cave) (KIA from Black Belt Edward Scraggy’s Payback attack in Wellspring Cave)

Latio-Nytro
03-26-2011, 08:36 PM
...Well, I could expect failure for my first try at a Nuzlocke...

Yhea, yhea, I failed.

At Route 2, I caught a Purrloin, named him Slice. Once I reached the Dreamyard and obtained Pansage, who I named Grate, I grinded them up to about level 11 or 12. Forget which. Either way, all three survived Cress, Scorch and Slice taking down his Lillipup before Grate single-handedly destroyed his Panpour.

After the team Plasma troubles, Munna was my next capture. I think forgetting to nickname him jinxed me. Ok, there wasn't any deaths there yet, actually. I got in a little grinding before leaving for Route 3, where capturing wasn't possible. I accidentally KOed the Patrat.

At wellspring Cave, I found a Roggenrolla. It was actually something I was looking forward to catching-Woobats were the only other choice here, and I already had a Psychic-Type in Munna. I sent out Munna, I used Psybeam and when the Psybeam turned critical, and all of his HP seemed depleated, I thought it was another KO. Fortunatly, the word 'Sturdy' flashed on-screen. You can bet I was a happy camper.

Again, I screwed up on Nicknaming him. However, he wielded Headbutt, a great move to have, and had great defensive properties. I trained a little more on Route 3, getting the levels up a little higher with Trainer Battles.

Then came Pinwheel forest.

I caught a Tympole, again being stupid and failing to nickname it. I was figuring at this point I'd simply go to the name rater in Castelia City over that. I never would. However, Training started off good...

Then the deaths really started happening. First came Scorch, killed in a Double Battle against two Tympoles where they both targeted him for Bubblebeam. I was a little dissapointed, but not turning back. However, I did learn to avoid the double grass. Then, as I was rushing towards an item (later to be confirmed as a Super Potion), another Double battle occured, and Slice also got taken down, this time by a Timburr's low kick and a Tympole's bubblebeam. However, again, he wasn't that important. Grate, Tympole, Roggenrolla, and Munna were the real core of the team, and I could survive with them.

Then came two deaths, again in a similar fasion-both by trainer-owned Timburr's critical-hitting rock throw attaks, taking Grate for the first kill. I got a little pissed off at this point, trained harder on Route 3 before coming back to try to smack the last trainer on the route down, and the same thing happened to Tympole in the process.

EDIT: I'm not sure where along the line this happened, but Roggenrolla almost became a casualty, too. I was rushing over to the Pokemon Center to Box either Grate or Tympole, and almost as soon as I was out of the Grassy area, out popped a Throh. I tried to run. It failed. The Throh then binded me to the spot. Roggenrolla kept on hitting Throh, whist Throh's bind kept chipping away at Roggenrolla's health. In the end, Roggenrola survived, but with only 2 hit points remaining. I was lucky to have survived with him.

With only Roggenrola and Munna, I was furious. Furious enough to go in and try to kick Lenora's butt early on, even though I knew I was severely undertrained. After kicking N's Pokemon to Pluto, Munna's Psybeam being enough to wipe out the whole team, I hit the hay.

After I got up in the morning, I felt much better, having slept away my previous anger. I turned on the game, and even though I was much less furious, I still charged in and tried to wipe the Gym. Well, I think I got some more leveling in. I think they both went in at Level 19.

The Trainer's? No problem at all. But Lenora herself?

The Battle was a rough start, Roggenrolla taking a beating from Lenora's Herdier, before I switched out to Munna to take on Watchog. What happened next was what saved Lenora from getting hit with Hypnosis, which would have led to a compleatly different outcome: She hit me with the same attack first. After a bit of setup, she KOed Munna in a hit with a Crunch attack, forcing me to switch out with Roggenrolla.

And it seemed evenly matched, so evenly matched. I would have gotten the KO, keeping Roggenrolla's defense higher than Leer could bring it down, and I was capable of bringing her defense down while attacking super-effective with Rock Smash. I was on the verge of winning...Then she Crit KO'ed me with Crunch.

I had made too much progress as per training, so I'm keeping the party I've got to continue on reguarly, before sending all my Pokemon from Black to White to try another Nuzlocke run on there.

Such a shame...Good luck to the rest of you! You seem like your doing good!

EDIT: I've been debating over If I should use PE2K usernames as the next theme for Nicknames next Nuzlocke run. Any thoughts?

Larvinator
03-30-2011, 01:11 AM
-MUST nickname all Pokemon by a theme. Theme: Kitchen Terms.
Dude, you're kidding me; I just started a Nuzlocke run on Pokemon Red (which is absolute cake, honestly) and I'm naming everyone after dining-related things (FORK, SPOON, PLATE, BOWL, PLACEMAT, etc). How did that happen?

But, seriously, this Pokemon Red Nuzlocke run is the easiest thing ever; is B/W just a really hard game or something by comparison? Sheez.

Neo Emolga
03-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Dude, you're kidding me; I just started a Nuzlocke run on Pokemon Red (which is absolute cake, honestly) and I'm naming everyone after dining-related things (FORK, SPOON, PLATE, BOWL, PLACEMAT, etc). How did that happen?

But, seriously, this Pokemon Red Nuzlocke run is the easiest thing ever; is B/W just a really hard game or something by comparison? Sheez.

To me, I honestly haven't had too much trouble with it. I thought I was being an idiot for trying a Nuzlocke run in B/W when everyone was saying this game was much harder, but truthfully, its not that tough. I have been grinding like hell though, so maybe its just me heading in there armed to the teeth.

bigboy
03-31-2011, 01:14 AM

I don't think it is either. Honestly i feel like d/p is harder. Grinding seems much easier to do in black/white what with all the audinos.

Master Zorua
04-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Finally got Pokemon White, and now I'm starting my Nuzlock run on it.

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or placed in a Dead Box(s).
The player may only catch the one Pokémon in each area.
All Pokemon must be given names, and these names can be from Final Fantasy games and from Mel Brooks movies
While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark
You cannot run from a wild Pokemon
White out - Game Over

Just starting out and breezed through the first two battles against my 'friends'. Then saved and went into the wifi menu to get the Liberty Pass.

Trainer: Fratley [FF9]
Pokemon on Team:
Freya the Snivy [FF9]

Route 1:
Encountered and captured a Lilipup

Added to team:
Lv. 2 Lillipup (Tifa)

Level grinding Tifa and Freya up to lv. 7

Battle Against N
Tifa vs. Purrlion -> Tifa Wins

Route 2
Got running shoes
Trainer Battle #1:
Freya vs Patrat -> Freya wins

Trainer Battle #2:
Freya vs Purrlion -> Freya wins

Trainer Battle #3:
Tifa vs Lillipup -> Tifa wins

Caught Purrlion (Vespa)

Bianca battle:
Tifa vs Lillipup -> Tifa wins
Freya vs Oshawott -> Freya wins

Grinding to get all 3 Pokemon to lv. 15

Cherron Battle:
Tifa vs Tepig -> Tifa wins
Wespa vs Purrlion -> Vespa wins

Dream Yard

Trainer Battle #1:
Tifa vs Purrlion -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle #2:
Vespa vs Lillipup -> Vespa wins

Received Panpour as a gift (Kafka)
Lv grinding Kefka to reach lv. 15 on route 2

Gym Entry

Trainer Battle #1:
Kefka vs Lillipup -> Kefka wins

Trainer Batlle #2:
Kefka vs Patrat -> Kefka wins
Kefka vs Purrlion -> Kefka wins

Gym Battle:
Kefka vs Lillipup -> Kefka wins
Kefka vs Pansear -> Kefka wins
Notes: Potion used by Gym Leader on Lillipup, but no trouble beyond getting hit once with bite. Gym leader goofed when he had Pansear use Work Up, allowing for a 2 hit KO with no further damage against me.
Trio Badge earned! TM Work Up given.
Got Cut HM, used on Vespa

Dream Yard part 2

Plasma battle #1:
Tifa vs Patrat -> Tifa wins

Tifa evolved into Herdier!

Plasma Battle #2:
Tifa vs Purrlion -> Tifa wins

Captured Munna (Marline)

Freya evolved into Servine while grinding on wild Pokemon

Lv grinding Pokemon to lv. 17 in Dream Yard

End of day results:
Trio Badge earned (1 gym defeated)
HM Cut obtained

Current Team:
Marline the Munna (f) lv.17 [FF7/Spaceballs]
Kefka the Panpour (m) lv. 18 [FF6 (or 3, depending on Japan/USA version)]
Freya the Servine (f) lv. 17 [FF9]
Tifa the Herdier (f) lv. 17 [FF7]
Vespa the Purrlion (f) lv. 17 [Spaceballs]

No casualties

Latio-Nytro
04-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Alright then, Mewcario! I hope you do better than me-meaning dying out before/as you battle Lenora.

*Cheecks redden from remembering last Nuzlocke run*

Master Zorua
04-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Well, I do have an advantage in that I've beaten Black, so I know what to expect as far as the gym leaders go =P

Kenny_C.002
04-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Bide? Just growl/tail whip the crap out of them. Sure you would take double the first hit, but it's a whole lot better than trying to finish them off quickly, miss, and die.

I'm thinking about doing one for black with this optional rule:
No pokemon center use (obviously no nurse and the rest use either, except the mandatory ones).
Everything else is fair game.

Shen
04-03-2011, 02:28 AM
No pokemon center use (obviously no nurse and the rest use either, except the mandatory ones).

You'd run out of PP for your mon's moves quite often, in that case, and that would make grinding damn near impossible, wouldn't it?

The Elite Ygseto
04-03-2011, 02:35 AM
I finally got my black version that I've been waiting for so I am able to start my Nuzlocke run too! Here are my rules

The player may only catch the first pokemon found.
All Pokemon must be given names from Disney movies
Legendaries can be used if wanted, but will most likely not be. I'm doing this mainly because I want to try out Victini cause hes cute haha.
May only use healing items outside of battle excluding attached berries
White out - Game Over

Journey started: 4-2-11

I received my first pokemon from Juniper, a wonderful Oshawatt named Gill (from Finding Nemo). After defeating my rivals I started out on my journey. After being taught how to catch a pokemon (thankfully, cause I had no idea how too...) I found myself a Lv. 2 Rash Lilpup, who I was very worried would die quickly due to being so low leveled. I named him Pluto.

Luckily I was able to switch him in with Gill to raise him to Lv. 7 and he started kickin some butt. After checking out the town and defeating the mysterious N I set off to the next town. I received my running shoes and ran through the trainers on route 2. While battling I found a Patrat that I decided to just kill cause I dislike Patrat.

I continued through the route and went to the next town. Being unable to fight the gym leader I moved over to the Dreamyard, kicked butt, and got myself a Lv. 10 pansear who I named Terk (from tarzan).

Making my way back into town I went to the academy and defeated the stupid cheren who would stop babbling about berries, even though pansear incinerated all of them.

Right now I'm grinding to get my levels high enough to fight the gym leader and I'm coming to learn how much I dislike level grinding. I wish there was a slightly better place to do this this early in the game, or at least to fight some audinos. Oh well, I'll have to settle for some Lv. 4 guys for now I guess.

Current team:
Gill the Oshawatt (starter)
Pluto the Lilpup (route 1)
Terk the Pansear (gift in dreamyard)

The Graveyard:
None

Neo Emolga
04-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Bide? Just growl/tail whip the crap out of them. Sure you would take double the first hit, but it's a whole lot better than trying to finish them off quickly, miss, and die.

No item use would be better. Like Shen said, without the Poikemon center, you'll end up running out of PP and Struggle will kill all your Pokemon off. Not to mention they very often force-heal your Pokemon anyway, so might as well.

Kenny_C.002
04-03-2011, 03:52 AM
No item use would be better. Like Shen said, without the Poikemon center, you'll end up running out of PP and Struggle will kill all your Pokemon off. Not to mention they very often force-heal your Pokemon anyway, so might as well.
With TM abuse, the PP issue is nonexistent. It still makes for a pretty tough game even with TM abuse, since HP is always a concern, and it's generally tough to keep relevant attacks with PP AND have enough HP to do it. I think that it's an interesting handicap to go for, considering that I always do no-item "handicap" anyway. I'm not quite hardcore enough to do both at the same time either. lol

I think the handicap is fair enough to make it tough, for sure. Especially since I don't have a clue where the mandatory healing spots are outside of the first couple.

Master Zorua
04-03-2011, 04:05 AM
So far, so good. One gym down, no casualties thus far. Of course, I've been level-grinding like crazy, but I think if I just take things one gym per day (or every few days depending on how much lv grinding I gotta do to ensure my Pokemon are at least 3 lvs higher than the gym leader's highest), I should do relatively well. Still, I can't wait to get Zorua and name him Dark Helmet =P (probably have to shorten it somehow. Not as much naming space as D/P/Pl)

Larvinator
04-03-2011, 04:11 AM
With TM abuse, the PP issue is nonexistent. It still makes for a pretty tough game even with TM abuse, since HP is always a concern, and it's generally tough to keep relevant attacks with PP AND have enough HP to do it. I think that it's an interesting handicap to go for, considering that I always do no-item "handicap" anyway. I'm not quite hardcore enough to do both at the same time either. lol

I think the handicap is fair enough to make it tough, for sure. Especially since I don't have a clue where the mandatory healing spots are outside of the first couple.
TM abuse doesn't seem like it would work in the game's start, though. Y'know, the part where you have no TMs.

The Elite Ygseto
04-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Well I attempted to take on the trainers in the gym to train up my Terk and he died to a bide, which sucked, but he wasn't great so I don't mind. What I do mind is that I just spent about 3 hours playing/Lv. Grinding and I got a drilbur and a pidove for my team, only to have my battery die on my ds. I'm color blind and couldn't see the red change on the battery indicator (my gf normally tells me when it changes, but she wasn't around) and boom, just after getting my drilbur it died. Needless to say I'm pissed and it will probably be a day or two for me to pick it back up haha.

Altrius
04-03-2011, 06:45 AM

When you replace a move with say 7 PP left and get a new TM, the new TM Keeps the old PP of the move. So if you had X-Scissor on 6 PP and you replaced it with Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt would have 6 PP too instead of 15.

Shen
04-03-2011, 09:07 AM
When you replace a move with say 7 PP left and get a new TM, the new TM Keeps the old PP of the move. So if you had X-Scissor on 6 PP and you replaced it with Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt would have 6 PP too instead of 15.

That was exactly my point, thought Kenny knew the new way TMs worked.

Because TMs are able to be used indefinitely, they don't restore PP anymore. They have the move have the same amount of PP as the move it replaced. So I guarantee you that if you use a TM on a move with 0 PP, the result will be a TM move with 0 PP.

Sad, I know, but that's the truth of things now.

Master Zorua
04-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Day 2 Morning run, Started 7 am

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or placed in a Dead Box(s).
All Pokemon must be given names, and these names can be from Final Fantasy games and from Mel Brooks movies
While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark
White out - Game Over

Trainer: Fratley
Current Team:
Marline the Munna (f) lv.17 [FF7/Spaceballs]
Kefka the Panpour (m) lv. 18 [FF6 (or 3, depending on Japan/USA version)]
Freya the Servine (f) lv. 17 [FF9]
Tifa the Herdier (f) lv. 17 [FF7]
Vespa the Purrlion (f) lv. 17 [Spaceballs]

Route 3
Trainer battle #1
Marline vs Lillipup -> Marline wins
Tifa vs Munna -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle #2
Marline vs Panpour -> Marline wins

Trainer Battle #3
Marline vs Pansear -> Marline wins

Trainer Battle #4
Marline vs Pansage -> Marline wins

Double Battle:
Freya & Tifa vs Purrlion x2 -> Freya & Tifa wins

Cheren Battle:
Freya vs Tepig -> Switch to Kefka
Kefka vs Tepig -> Kefka wins
Vespa vs Purrlion -> Vespa wins

Captured Blitzle (Lightning) [FF13]
Lv Grinding Blitzle to 18

Trainer battle #5:
Lightning vs Patrat -> Lightning Wins
Lightning vs Lillipup -> Lightning Wins
Lightning vs Pidove -> Lightning Wins

Wellspring Cave
Plasma battle #1:
Lightning vs Patrat -> Lightning Wins

Plasma battle #2 (Double Battle)
Lightning & Cheren's Tepig vs Patrat & Patrat -> Lightning Wins

Back on Route 3

Trainer battle #1:
Tifa vs Blitzle -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle #2
Tifa vs. Woobat -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle #3:
Freya vs Patrat -> Freya Wins
Freya vs Purrlion -> Freya Wins

Trainer battle #4:
Freya vs Pidove -> Freya wins (Thank goddess for the Oran)
Freya vs Roggenrola -> Freya wins

Nacrene City

N Battle:
Marline vs Pidove -> Marline wins
Marline vs Tympole -> Marline wins (I hates me some confuse ray)
Marline vs Timburr -> Marline wins

Pinwheel Forest
Working on grinding my Pokemon to lv 25 in prep for gym battle
Gained TM 94 Rock Smash, used on Kefka and Tifa

Trainer Battle #1:
Kefka vs Munna -> Kefka wins
Nurse heals pkmn

Trainer battle #2
Kefka vs Cottonee -> Kefka wins (barely)
Lightning vs Petilil -> Lightning wins

Trainer battle #3:
Vespa vs Roggenrola -> Vespa wins (barely)

Captured Throh (Cloud)

Trainer Battle #4
Vespa vs Tympole -> Vespa wins

Vespa evolved into Liepard!

Trainer battle #5
Marline vs Venipede -> Marline wins
Marline vs Lillipup -> Marline wins

Trainer Battle #6

Trainer battle #7

Back to city
Team Change: Vespa -> Cloud
Lv grinding Cloud to lv 25 in PW Forest

Gym Challenge:
Trainer Battle:
Cloud vs Patrat -> Cloud Wins

Trainer Battle:
Cloud vs Herdier -> Cloud Wins

Trainer Battle:
Cloud vs Lillipup -> Cloud Wins

Gym Battle:
Cloud vs Herdier -> Cloud Wins
Cloud vs Watchdog -> Cloud Wins
Earned the Basic Badge! Got TM Retaliate

Plasma strikes and steals Dragonite skull

Current Team:
Marline the Munna (f) lv.25 [FF7/Spaceballs]
Kefka the Panpour (m) lv. 25 [FF6 (or 3, depending on Japan/USA version)]
Freya the Servine (f) lv. 25 [FF9]
Tifa the Herdier (f) lv. 25 [FF7]
Cloud the Throh (m) lv. 26 [FF7]
Lightning the Blitzel (f) lv. 25 [FF13]

In Pokemon storage box
Vespa the Liepard (f) lv. 25 [Spaceballs]

No casualties

Neo Emolga
04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
So, I managed to catch a Gothorita (Tanto) on Route 9, and a Durant (Wakizashi) on Victory Road. While they’re better than what I have been catching lately, I’m still not going to use them, I’m pretty much set with the team I have.

I also defeated Terrakion and Cobalion, not sure where the other legendaries are, but I'm not really going to go hunt them down. Also ran into Tornadus, but he ran away before I managed to wipe him out. Frankly, I just want to get on with the game, I'll beat up any legendaries I come across, but making a kill bill out of all of them is just going to be a headache.

Meanwhile there haven’t been any casualties from the last update, which is a relief. Honestly, I found this rendition of Victory Road to be incredibly easy compared to other Pokémon games, though I never got to the one in Diamond mainly because I just got too bored of it before getting that far. I still think the one in G/S/C was the absolute worst. Nothing like having to bring your HM slave along only to find that he doesn’t have/can't learn the HMs you need, which forces you to go BACK to get one that can learn them (not to mention I found myself needing two HM slaves considering how many were needed to keep moving along). Still, before I get too off topic, B/W’s Victory Road is extremely mild, I ran laps around it just for grinding fun and got all the items without a hitch. To anyone who hasn't made it that far yet, kick back and relax, it's a piece of cake.

And now, I’m ready to take on the Elite Four after grinding all of my Pokémon to level 60, except for Minipete the Emolga, who I raised to 65 since his exp grows a little faster anyway and grinding off of wild Basculin on Victory Road nearly puts me to sleep it’s so easy. Plus I don’t want to lose him, for blatantly obvious reasons. XD

Just waiting for my 3DS’s battery to recharge, and we’ll see how this goes.

Number of Gym Badges: 8

Current Roster

Active Team

► Minipete the Emolga (@ Trade from NPC Manny) [Lv. 65]
► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 60]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 60]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 60]
► Shiv the Scrafty (@ Route 4) [Lv. 60]
► Shinai the Mienshao (@ Dragonspiral Tower) [Lv. 60]

In Storage

✧ Wakizashi the Durant (@ Victory Road) [Lv. 40]
✧ Tanto the Gothorita (@ Route 17) [Lv. 34]

The Graveyard

✖ Kershaw the Woobat (@ Mistralton Cave) (KIA from Black Belt Edward Scraggy’s Payback attack in Wellspring Cave)

Kenny_C.002
04-03-2011, 08:19 PM
That was exactly my point, thought Kenny knew the new way TMs worked.

Because TMs are able to be used indefinitely, they don't restore PP anymore. They have the move have the same amount of PP as the move it replaced. So I guarantee you that if you use a TM on a move with 0 PP, the result will be a TM move with 0 PP.

Sad, I know, but that's the truth of things now.
Well then, it's going to be more interesting than before. ;)
It would mean that I have to wait until the 7th gym before I can reliably use TM's to restore PP. That should be interesting. If it gets too heard, I might change it to 1 pokemon center use per pokemon center.

In any case, I'm off to an awesome start. Killed the patrat lvl 2 on route 1 and now I grinded until Oshawott was down to 2HP (which I think is dangerous enough to call it quits). Time to move onto the mandatory healing point! I agree with the whole Bianca thing though. The dad really does think well for the girl, and I honestly thought that with that kind of a personality she'd just be "spirited away" quite quickly.
---------------------------
Active Optional rules
- Nickname every pokemon
- No use of pokemon centers

Active team
Varicella the Oshawott lvl 11

Storage
None

KO'd pokemon
Route 1: patrat

KIA
None

Chapter list

Chapter 1 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3273452&postcount=71)
Chapter 2 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3274183&postcount=75)
Chapter 3 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3276863&postcount=81)
Chapter 4 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3279343&postcount=87)
chapter 5 (final) (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3282733&postcount=89)

Neo Emolga
04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Well then, it's going to be more intersting than before. ;)

The no-Pokemon center rule would be feasible if you could buy Ethers and Elixirs, but unfortunately, you can't (could never understand why not either, but whatever). If it were possible, yeah, it would be a pretty good challenge, since as we all know, money is limited.

Still, its really your call, but I can just see the running out of PP issue really nailing you on this.

Kenny_C.002
04-03-2011, 08:47 PM
The no-Pokemon center rule would be feasible if you could buy Ethers and Elixirs, but unfortunately, you can't (could never understand why not either, but whatever). If it were possible, yeah, it would be a pretty good challenge, since as we all know, money is limited.

Still, its really your call, but I can just see the running out of PP issue really nailing you on this.
It will probably nail me at some point in time, but only if it's before I reach the city where the 7th gym lies. After that there will be no problems with PP except maybe elite 4 (i'll need to stockpile ethers/elixirs).

There might be problems with the way levels scale in this game though. Trying to overlevel from opportune moments will become much harder.

Latio-Nytro
04-04-2011, 01:37 AM
My life just decided to re-emphasize the amount of loath it has for me. I've lost my Black Game, which is my Poke-Bank, and I've looked EVERYWHERE for it, meaning no repeat Nuzlocke Runs for me until it's found. That doesn't just suck, it really, really hurts; I've put a lot into every Pokemon in there.

I'm only posting to put up the rules for the next run, in case I find it. And I hope I do.

-Pokemon are to be placed in dead boxes over being Released.
-No repeat Pokemon. If the first Pokemon in the area is a repeat-a Pokemon previously caught, alive or dead-continue searching until you find a non-repeat.
-All Pokemon must be named based off PE2K usernames. All of them.
-No trading. It seems redundant, but NO Nuzlocke run ever forbids trading as a whole-Even trading from a game where you have huge amounts of high-level Legendary Pokemon, waiting to kill off any and all oppoments in an all-too-easy-yet-epic way.
-The use of Thundaras, Victini and Zekrom is forbidden. Due to storyline purposes, Zekrom may be caught, but not used. This doesn't apply to Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion, and they may be caught and used freely (So long as they are met before any other Pokemon in the area).
-Guidence Chamber, Rumination Forest, and Trial Chamber are all separate areas from Mistraton Cave, Pinwheel Forest, and Victory Road respectively.
-If the entire party is KO'ed and there are no Pokemon in the box that may be used OR a Shiny Pokemon is KO'ed OR A Pokemon was KOed during an Important battle (N, Ghetsis, Gym Leader, Elite 4, Cheren, Bianca), a die MAY be rolled. If the result is six, the Pokemon does not need to be put into a dead box, and is treated as if it didn't get KOed. If the result is one, a second Pokemon must also be put in a dead box in addition to the KOed one. If the result is two, three, four or five, nothing happens. This may only be done once per Pokemon, and in the case of an entire Team KO, only one Pokemon may be revived in this fasion, and furthermore, the Team KO revival method may only be done ONCE.
-That last rule was a very big one, for the record.
-Gift Pokemon do not count as any route's capture, and do not count for repeats.
-Evolving a Pokemon into a Pokemon you already have doesn't make it a repeat.

And I think that's everything. I Honestly hope that it doesn't go like last run...If I get a second run at all.

Kenny_C.002
04-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Chapter 2

After slaughtering tens of patrats and lillipups on Route 1, I began to wonder whether or not killing them was the right thing to do. I have heard of rumours that these pokemon called Audino are like goddesses of mercy and bring those poor souls to where dead pokemon go, or heal them if they aren't too critically injured. Some say that they are the valkyrie, bringing heroic pokemon who died valiantly in battle to fight for Arceus. Nobody ever really knows the truth, and there is no scientific method to figure that out anyway. The last lillipup I killed was a level 2 male. It stood strong, wagging its tail as I charged headlong into Varicella, weakening my pokemon further down to 1 whole HP. It was then that I called it quits, for I have no more tackles and water guns to continue.

Juniper took me to a pokemon center and told me about the wonders of medicine. She introduced me to nurse Joy, a pink haired woman with a bright smile. She sure looked like a very nice lady. She took my horrendously injured Varicella and told me to chill in Acumula town for a while while she got it better. I took a stroll here and there. It took about a season before Varicella was good enough to walk, and I was thankful for that. Varicella seemed quite happy for some reason. Perhaps it has the feeling of bloodthirst in itself?

She handed me a bill when I was leaving, which quickly got intercepted by Juniper. "Don't worry about this one kiddo." she told me. With that, I left the pokemon center. Outside Cheren told me to watch these Team Plasma guys. They spoke of freedom for the pokemon. To be honest, I think the life of slaughter here is often true. They do have a point here. Varicella's really only there to kill, after all.

After that, I stood there when a strange man came in, talking about some spirit of pokemon. He RIPPED MY POKEBALL and forced me to fight him. What a jerk! I wanted to punch that bum, but instead I ended up killing his purrloin. He seemed...satisfied. Weird.

I headed to Route 2 and got a call from my mother. She could have just called out to me, considering that she was right behind me the whole time. In any case, she gave me some running shoes. Why I never wore them in the first place baffled me. Why it took her an entire season to get to me also baffled me.

I fought a lillipup afterwards and caught it. It was a level 6 female, and I honestly forgot to give it a name. I made a mental note to call her "Giardia" later on.

After that, a young kid named Jimmy came around and fought me. I couldn't talk him out of it though. I never understood why they itch for battle. Was it something that is all that to be proud of? In any case, I told Varicella to "finish it up quick" and it did. That lillipup was lifeless in a water gun and a tackle. Poor thing, to be hurt by water. Bianca also challenged me. I told Varicella to give mercy, so I hope Bianca's tepig would...you know...live through critical and intensive care in the pokemon center. That Tepig just got splashed with water, after all.

Striaton City
I looted the city. I had to. Those pokemon centers are massive rip offs! I was wondering how much it costed to heal my pokemon and nurse Joy (how is she there? Isn't she in Accumula town?) told me it costs a whopping 1,000,000P! No wonder Juniper swallowed the fees that one time. I certainly can't pay for this. I just bought some potions and hope for the best.

Some people told me to go to the Dream Lot nearby, so I went. There were more trainers there and I slaughtered them all with water guns and tackles. Varicella was in the red again, though. This person just HANDED me a pansear. Why? I'll never know. It was a gentle one, unlike my bold Varicella. However, once in battle, that gentleness went away. Zoster, I named it, as it plowed through Cheren's snivy and purrloin. Sure it took some hits, but that's how it goes.

Striaton City Gym
Why there are gyms elected for murderers like us I'll never know, but in I go. Apparently I have to slaughter enough of the gym leaders' pokemon to become a master or something like that. Sure.

Maxwell, you have my respect as a trainer. I trained my pokemon to be ruthless efficient fighting machines and you delivered on that promise with your lillipup. I was happy to rid of it for you. The battle began as Zoster attacked lillipup head on. It retaliated with bites and tackles. The tackle dropped zoster to 1HP. I heald with a potion and continued my offensive. The lillipup leered at Zoster and bit it right in the shin. The bleeding was evident as Zoster scratched the pup so hard that its skull popped open. In the end, it was the 1HP that mattered.

I gave Zoster a potion and let it rest for a while. Then off it went for Tia. Her patrat and purrloin were valiant fighters. It opened with bide. Zoster opened with leer. Dodging that bullet, Zoster continued its leering assault and attacked patrat HARD with scratches. After a while, all the patrat remained was a bloody pulp. Intensive care unit for 3 months minimum, probably. Purrloin didn't fair much better. It also bided from using assist, but met some leers as well. For the first time, I saw Zoster take a pokemon and LICK it. It failed to lick the purrloin the first time for some reason (sand-attack :(), but it did it the second time. Wow. A lick to death. Guess monkey tongue is sharp or something.

Then came Cilan. He was a waiter I guess. He seemed happy to fight me, but was kind of shy too. I was not in the mood, considering that I sent at least 1 pokemon to the ICU and probably killed the other two. I sent out my weakened Varicella (in the red!) against the lillipup. After some water guns and a tackle later, the lillipup fell gracefully. It was breathing, I think, since Cilan used a potion on it during and after the battle, but he was not done. He sent out a pansage.

I noticed that pansear was itching to get out there. It did. It also incinerated the pansage. That leafy monkey probably has 3rd degree burns in 80% of its body. At a survival rate of "close to zero", I hope it recovers. I also had no idea that pansear was that...vicious for a pokemon that's normally quite gentle in the normal days...
----------------
Active Optional rules
- Nickname every pokemon

Active team
Varicella the Oshawott lvl 14 (M, Starter) at 10HP
Zoster the Pansear lvl 12 (M, Dream Lot) at 6HP
Giardia the Lillipup lvl 6 (F, Route 2) at 3HP

Storage
None

KO'd pokemon
Route 1: wild patrat

Chapter list

Chapter 1 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3273452&postcount=71)
Chapter 2 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3274183&postcount=75)

Latio-Nytro
04-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Yay! For Reals! Black was Located, I traded away all the valuable Pokemon, and I am pumped to start another Nuzlocke run! I hope I do better next time.

Again, the rules are as follows:
-All Pokemon are to be put in dead boxes-marked Hospitol-once they faint, over abandoning them to the wild.
-In addition to the first catch on a route only rule, the capturing of duplicate Pokemon-Pokemon that were owned, regardless of current condition-is compleatly forbidden. If the first Pokemon in the area is a duplicate, then continue searching until a new Pokemon is found.
-In-game trades and Intra-game trading are both forbidden.
-The use of Thundaras, Victini, and Zekrom is compleatly forbidden. For Storyline purposes, they may be caught, but not used.
-In the case that you would lose a Nuzlocke after a full-party wipeout, or if a Shiny Pokemon was fainted, or if you lose an important battle, a die MAY be rolled. If the roll produces a 6, One Pokemon-The weakest in the party, or the Shiny that died-is considered 'revived,' and is treated like it didn't faint. This can only be used once per Pokemon. If the roll produces a 1, then TWO Pokemon must be put in the Hospitol. The second is a free-will choice. Any other result has no effect.
-Gift Pokemon do not count towards a Route's capture, and do not count as a duplicate if the same Pokemon was already obtained. Eggs count as gift Pokemon.
-If a Pokemon evolves into a Duplicate, well, nothing happens. Continue on as normal. Nothing wrong there.
EDIT: Almost forgot. The Nicknaming. This time, PE2K Usernames are the theme behind them. I'll pick Pokemon to fit your names, I promise!

And I think, seeing as I've obtained Snivy and Tepid for starters already, that I'll take Oshawott this time around. I'll edit in the first few battles.

EDIT: Whynaut? I'll play as a Girl! I'll call myself Kenny C.

EDIT2: I decided to delete that last part, because I think I'll just stick to doing this reguarly, then maybe write up a fanfic on it later. For now, I'll be straight up with the description.

OK, After my first two Battles with Bianca and Cheren respectively, and after Nicknaming the Oshawott 'Spirit,' I went out to route 1. I was right next to the girl that gives out a free potion when a Level 2 Male Patrat popped out. I caught it, and decided to nickname it 'Hazzaboy.' Thankfully, Unlike Braise from my previous attempt, Hazzaboy managed to defeat his first opponent, which was coincidentally another level 2 Patrat.

I've gotten in a little more training for Hazzaboy since then, and as of posting, he is up to Level 6. I'm still not done with training it, though. Spirit, resting at Level 7, isn't going to stay there for long either. I plan to raise them pretty well for the battle against N, as I don't want any Crits getting on my Pokemon.

Hazzaboy the Patrat-Level 6.
Spirit the Oshawott-Level 7.

Boxed: N/A

Casualties: N/A

The Elite Ygseto
04-05-2011, 11:57 PM
I finally got done cooling off from my battery mishap before and started playing my black version again, here's a little update.

From my last save point I had lost my buddy Terk and was in need of a new strategy to take on the first gym leader. I started grinding on the Patrat and Lilpup on route 2 and got Gill to Lv. 13 and Pluto to Lv. 15 so that he knew take down. I was ready for the leader.

First out was gill who drowned Lilpup without sustaining any noticeable damage. Next up was the leaders Pansage who was assigned to Pluto, who in two take downs destroyed the poor little grass monkey. They didn't stand a chance.

Afterwards I headed over to the dream yard, beat some grunts and caught myself a Munna who I named Minnie before I started grinding on Auidnos to get Gill and Pluto to evolve. Minnie on the other hand is silly so she was put in storage for a rainy day. On to Rt 3!

I first ran into a Pidove who was great, and was quickly caught and named Mine (after the seagulls in finding nemo haha), but she fell quickly to a wild Bitzle and was released (I've decided to release to prevent the urge to pull them out and use them again :X).

I made my way up to wellspring cave to get back some stupid preschoolers pokemon. I defeated Plasma again and ran into a Woobat on accident (I was planning on trying to find a drilbur). Needless to say Woobat died to a rough bite from Pluto.

After making my way through route three and battling the trainers there I got to Nacrene city, where I easily defeated N will Gills razor shell. Before taking on Lenora I knew I had to go hopefully find myself a Timbur to raise up a bit, and hopefully not find a dumb Tympole (I really dislike Tympole). I actually got lucky after crossing my fingers and stepping into the grass outside pinwheel forest and ran into a Sawk who I caught and forgot to nickname (he will be renamed Bruce in the next city).

After getting Bruce to Lv. 21 I easily swept Lenora and her trainers without taking a hit. Easy peasy. Bruce is a freaking beast this early in the game, so much so I feel bad for Gill and Pluto.

And now I'm about to go inside Pinwheel to find myself some plasma people!

Current team:
Gill @ Lv 19
Pluto @ Lv 19
Bruce @ Lv 22

Dead Teammates:
Terk the Pansear
Mine the Pidove

Storage:
Minnie the Munna

Neo Emolga
04-07-2011, 07:14 PM
And the epic conclusion!

I decided to take Shen’s advice and grind the whole team up to at least 65. Quite glad he told me to do that.

When it came to taking out the Elite Four, Shiv the Scrafty and Shinai the Mienshao were extremely helpful. I tried to use Minipete the Emolga to handle Marshal, but I had to pull him out when he got hit by a Stone Edge attack from his Conkeldurr, but other than that, he took out Throh with little problem at all. So I used Shiv to take out Shauntal and Caitlin, and Shinai to take out Grimsley. Taking out Marshal was done using both Minipete and Shinai. Easy money.

When it came to me being forced to capture Reshiram, I did beat him up once to ensure I complied with the “Legendaries must be killed” rule, but there was really no getting out of catching him, so I did that, but sent him to the box and didn’t even think of using him in the final battle with N. The only Pokémon that gave me a bit of trouble was Zekrom, mainly because that thing has HP out the wazoo, and Fusion Bolt is no laughing matter either. Sinai using Drain Punch was extremely helpful in this scenario, most of the damage that Zekrom was doing was being healed by Drain Punch, so when he went down, the rest of his team quickly followed. The only other Pokémon I didn’t use Drain Punch on was Archeops, all it took was one Rock Slide and he fell flat on his face.

Ghetsis… now that guy is a pain in the ass. From the last fight, Shinai the Mienshao was thrown in front to face Ghetsis’s Cofagrigus. Not a fun match up. Using Drain Punch was out of the question, so I tried Bounce only to discover the Cofagrius had Protect on him. Since that also knocked out Dig as a viable option, I went with Rock Slide, but a combination of Toxic and Psychic forced me to pull Shinai out to avoid having him get killed. So, I threw Shiv the Scrafty in and finished the Cofagrius with a nice Crunch attack. After one or two of Ghetsis’s Pokémon were taken out, Hydreigon soon follows, and I use Brick Break on him, only that doesn’t kill him off, however. Shiv gets hit with a painful Focus Blast, so I was forced to pull him out as well to avoid having him get killed. I then threw in Dagger the Sawk, who finished off the rest of the team using Close Combat. Training the team up to 65 and up was a good idea, special thank you goes out to Shen for recommending that. I avoided taking any casualties along the way, though there were a few close calls.

All in all, it was fun, definitely a new spin and interesting challenge. And in the end, I came, I saw, and I conquered. Good luck to the rest of you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/MissionComplete.png

No Pokémon were harmed in the making of this film.

Number of Gym Badges: 8

Current Roster

Active Team

► Minipete the Emolga (@ Trade from NPC Manny) [Lv. 70]
► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 65]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 65]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 65]
► Shiv the Scrafty (@ Route 4) [Lv. 67]
► Shinai the Mienshao (@ Dragonspiral Tower) [Lv. 67]

In Storage

✧ Wakizashi the Durant (@ Victory Road) [Lv. 40]
✧ Tanto the Gothorita (@ Route 17) [Lv. 34]

The Graveyard

Latio-Nytro
04-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Congratulations, Neo!

For my own story...Ugh.

N was a peice of cake-I trained Spirit and Hazzaboy up to level 9, and challenged N's Purrloin, resulting in Hazzaboy devastating the Dark-Type. However, when another Purrloin came about as the Pokemon to capture, I accidentally KOed it. Shame.

I defeated all the trainers on Route 2, Bianca when she callenged me, the two Trainers in the dreamyard, and Cheren, in that order, all without casualtie. Also, between those two trainers in the dreamyard and Cheren, I obtained Ant2011 the Pansear. He's a lucky one. He burnt Cheren's team to a crisp.

I decided to raise my team up to Level 12 before battling Cilan, but when I challenged the two Trainers leading up to him, I realized that I'd be creamed. I went over there and foolishly called it quits with training after they were all 13.

Cilan obliverated my party-That Lillipup can do some serious damage if you let it set up, which I did. First a detect, then a bide-which left Cilan four turns to use Work Up. After he used it for a fifth time and I tackled his Lillipup, doing damage at last, I then chose to foolishly bite him over tackling him, thinking that I had the speed advantage when it was Cilan that truly was faster. Obviously, that Flinch didn't come. I swapped for Spirit, who could do little else than Water Gunning him, and falling with Two Bites. Ant2011 befell the same fate. Then a weakened Hazzaboy was forcibly dragged out, leaving the Lillipup to finish the job. The sad part was that Ant had the ability to KO it when it was sent out, had I used Tackle. That's the difference one move can make in a battle.

Fortunatly, I had my Dice Roll as my last backup, which I activated on account of the full-party KO that otherwise would have been a loss. I only had a 12 Sided die on me at the time, so I simply substituted 11 and 12 for the role of 6 for a 6-sided die the rule was intended for, and letting the 1 and 2 take the role of the 1. My luck prevailed, and I rolled the 11. I chose to revive Ant2011, after much thought, as he'd be more useful to beat Cilan, and I certianly wasn't going to get another Pokemon. I grinded him up to level 15, and used him to return Cilan's favor, beating down his Lillipup with some, but not extreme difficulty, and Inciderating his Pansage to a burning husk in two hits.

The Trio badge was now mine, and I used the liberty to go to the Dreamyard's inner parts, where Team Plasma waited for me. Fortunatly, Ant didn't even lose one hit point when dealing with them, and I captured a Purrloin there, making up for my miss at Route 2. I named it Rocket, which was short for RocketMeowth, only to notice the symbol for male gender too late.

I decided to train Rocket at Route 2, where Audino decided to crop up. It seems that they appear after you win the Trio Badge. I trained up Rocket to level 11 with some ease after two Audino's were chopped to peices.

Then the third Audino showed up. My heartbeat accelerated faster than a hacked Speed Forme Deoxys with an IV of 31 for speed, full Speed EV training, and the ability Speed Boost. It was shiny. A shiny Audino, right there, it's unique indigo color bright as day. It was far too tempting to let it go, much less kill it. It didn't give me much trouble after I got it down to the orange and threw a Great Ball.

Due to it's nature of popping up during a Nuzlocke and making me catch it illegally, and the fact it was male, I Nicknamed it Necros before stashing it in the Hospitol Box. I'm NOT going to use it for this round, and I really didn't want to catch it illegally either, but unless I missed a time where I found and caught a legit shiny that wasn't hacked for in any way prior to this, and not counting Event Pokemon or the Red Gyrados, my last time doing it was also my first (A shiny Zubat on Emerald, which was traded away). On the bright side, In the Hospitol box, I can just ignore it. I'll consider it a casualty, and forbid me from catching Audino due to the Anti-Duplicate Clause.

Optional rules:
Life-Saving roll clause (I'll explain it if the need arises.)
Anti-Duplicate clause (No capturing of Pokemon previously obtained, but pokemon owned may evolve into Pokemon previously obtained.)
Dead Box clause (All Pokemon must be put in a box marked 'Hospitol' if they faint.)
Anti-Trading clause (No inter-game or intra-game trading is allowed.)
Anti-Legend clause (Zekrom, Thundaras, and Victini cannot be used, but Zekrom may be caught due to storyline purposes.)
Nicknaming clause (All Pokemon must be nicknamed, and if they aren't at the point of capture, must be taken to the Name Rater and have it changed prior to the end of the game. The Pokemon may only be named after PE2K usernames, or shortened versions of them.)
Christmas Clause (pun intended) (All Gift or Egg Pokemon are not considered captures on the route they were obtained/hatched.)

Current Party:
Rocket the Purrloin, Level 11, Obtained in the Dreamyard.
Ant2011 the Pansear, Level 15, Obtained as a gift.

Boxed Pokemon:
N/A

Casualties:
Spirit the Oshawott, Level 13, obtained as starter, KIA by Cilan's Lillipup's Bite attack.
Hazzaboy the Patrat, Level 13, obtained on route 1, KIA by Cilan's Lillipup's Bite attack.
Necros the Shiny Audino, Level 7, Illegal Capture on Route 2.

Pokemon forbidden from capture by the Anti-Duplicate clause:
Purrloin
Pansear
Oshawott
Patrat
Audino

Master Zorua
04-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Day 3 Evening run

While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark. Only exception is during final battle with N (Zerkom)
White out - Game Over

Trainer: Fratley
Current Team:
Marline the Munna (f) lv.25 [FF7/Spaceballs]
Kefka the Panpour (m) lv. 25 [FF6 (or 3, depending on Japan/USA version)]
Freya the Servine (f) lv. 25 [FF9]
Tifa the Herdier (f) lv. 25 [FF7]
Cloud the Throh (m) lv. 26 [FF7]
Lightning the Blitzel (f) lv. 25 [FF13]

In Pokemon storage box

Entering Pinwheel Forest (inner)

Trainer double battle:
Freya & Lightning vs Sewaddle x2 -> Freya & Lightning wins

Plasma Battle:
Freya vs Sandile -> Freya wins

Plasma Battle:

Captured Petilil (Terra) [FF6]

Trainer battle:
Tifa vs Herdier -> Tifa wins

Trainer Batlle:
Tifa vs Venipede -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle:
Tifa vs Pansage -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle:
Tifa vs Panpour -> Tifa wins

Plasma Battle:

Trainer Battle:
Tifa vs Pansear -> Tifa wins

Plasma Battle:
Freya vs Sandile -> Freya wins

Retrieved stolen Dragonite skull!
Got Moonstone!

Trainer Battle:
Tifa vs Woobat -> Tifa wins

Trainer Battle:
Lightning vs Munna -> Freya Lightning
Lightning evolved into Zebstrika!

Team switch: Kefka -> Terra
Lv. Grinding -> Lv. 28 in PW forest

Castelia City -> Liberty Island

Plasma Battle:
Terra vs Patrat -> Terra wins

Plasma battle:
Terra vs Sandile -> Terra wins

Found an Ultra Ball in a trash can (Honestly, who throws away an Ultra Ball? Sheesh!)

Plasma Battle:
Terra vs Sandile -> Terra wins

Plasma Battle:
Terra vs Scraggy -> Terra wins

Plasma Battle:
Terra vs Watchdog -> Terra wins

LEGEND BATTLE VICTINI!
Terra uses Sleep Powder -> Victini falls asleep
Swap Terra with Marline
Victini remains asleep (x2)
Marline uses Psybeam
Victini woke up and used confusion
Marline uses Psybeam (Victini yellow health)
Victini uses Incinerate, burns Marline's berry
Marline uses Yawn
Victini uses Incinerate
Marline uses Moonlight
Victini falls asleep
Ultra Ball used -> Captured! (sent to PC, named Balthier)

Will continue once I find my DSi so I can transfer Celebi from Black to White so I can go and get Zorua (m) aka Dark Helmet

Marline the Munna (f) lv.28 [FF7/Spaceballs]
Terra the Petilil (f) lv. 28 [FF6]
Freya the Servine (f) lv. 28 [FF9]
Tifa the Herdier (f) lv. 28 [FF7]
Cloud the Throh (m) lv. 28 [FF7]
Lightning the Blitzel (f) lv. 28 [FF13]

In Pokemon storage box
Kefka the Panpour (m) lv. 28 [FF6]

In Legends Box:
Balthier the Victini lv. 15 [FF12]

Kenny_C.002
04-09-2011, 04:27 AM
Chapter 3:

Dreamyard:
I went in there and finished off basically every plasma. I didn't bump into any pokemon while I basically took everything I could find there. Bianca was obsessed with finding a munna. I wasn't really going to join her. I don't have enough PP to deal with that.

Route 3:
OMG route 3 is a pain. The doubles battle was ridiculous. Who'd want to lose two pokemon at once anyway? In any case, I did that and saw that Bianca was with some kid and some stolen pokemon. You know. Plasma has guts. Those idiotic little PETA people...well they have guts too. Both also share the common trait of being misguided though. In any case, they stole something so Cheren drags me to go bring them back.

Wellspring cave:
Seriously, why didn't the Plasma members just mob us? I mean, there's 4 of them who are adults and 2 of us who are kids. For goodness sake don't shallenge us to a pokemon battle 1 at a time and think that you can win. In any case, because of their stupidity, we crushed them and I was on my way...well not before going at Neviripine, the level 13 adamant Roggenrola. I think I just hit jackpot.

Route 3:
I went and caught a modest female blitzle named Yersinia. As far as I know, this is a pretty bad nature for a Blitzle. Oh well. Onward to dodging everything in sight! Daycare is off limits for now. I'm not sure if I'll let myself use it if things get too tough. But that's then. It's not now.

Nacrene City:
N had one problem pokemon in tympole, because being confused and hitting yourself 4 times in a row helps a lot. Otherwise I slaughtered the rest like they were bunnies. The rest of the gym was a mash of Vericella and Neviripine. One of the normal trainers actually crits Neviripine to 3HP. And again I was THIS CLOSE to losing the whole thing again.

Lenora was tough. The Heritor was very strong. I opened with Vericella to absorb the intimidate, tail whipped once before switching to Neviripine. Neviripine basically hardened so Heitor isn't doing much of any damage (thanks high defense and good typing!) and me slowly chipping away damage made it die. At this point Neviripine learned mud slap over harden. Great. I slapped the watchog 6 times and switched to Vericella to finish the job. btw, mud slap is horrible when your pokemon has low sp attack. It might as well be sand attack. lol

Pinwheel:
Battled a couple of little girls and plasma dudes. I basically ignored the entirety of the Pinwheel forest exterior for a time when I need it most. I know there's a nurse there that would help me at the price of me slaughtering her pokemon. I then bumped into a pidove. Welcome to the team, Dummy the female hasty pidove that has big pecks. :3

Then I bumped into a venipede. Zoster, you will be missed. :(
I then finished the rest of the Pinwheel saga, defeating the Team Plasma people. One of the Plasma sages greeted me, but seeing the backup from the Gym leaders, they backed off. It seems that Plasma does have someone smart in there after all. At least, smart enough to know when to retreat.

Castelia City:
Gym? Not yet! I bought 78 fresh waters. In a game where money is tight, the cheapest healing source in existence is a welcoming sight.

Route 4:
Bethanicol the serious female Scraggy at level 17 decided that yes, we are worth it. I like its decision too.

Castelia City:
btw, I have the liberty pass and am not using it for now. If I do need the fire power, I will use it. At this moment, I don't. Anyways, the guys are all like "we need to save Bianca's pokemon". I guess we're gonna go fight some plasmas again. Iris is adorable, right?

Burgh
Whirlipede: Neviripine used rock blast! hit 4 times! It's super effective! Whirlipede fainted.
Leavanny: Dummy used Air cutter! Critical hit! it's super effective! Leavanny fainted.
Dwebble: OK that took a 2 fury cutters and 2 shell attacks.

That was an uneventful gym.

Route 4:
Bianca was interesting. Varicella has no PP left. Guess what? It's struggle time! Yes, I struggled Pignite to death. That's how baller Varicella is. In fact, that's pretty much what I've been doing to the trainers along the way. STRUGGLE THEM ALL!

Desert Resort:
Went after a Carbichol the female quiet sandile

Nimbasa City
I was not prepared for N at all. Dummy the Tranquill suffered a fatal injury while fighting N's Scraggy. And then Bethanicol the scraggy also suffered an OHKO from sigilyph. Today is NOT a good day for my newly caught pokemon. Varicella had to clean up after using my first ether. Seriously, N will pay for all that he has done today.

Gym:
This is the place for Carbachol to SHINE like no other. Elesa is quite the chick.

Route 5:
Quick detour and caught Fawna the Audino at level 19. She's a brave one.

Gym:
Oh yes. I learned that Emolga still lose to Carbichol. An XAttack and some assurances later (along with a dig), I emerged victorious. Of course, the destruction of the path of the dark master is just beginning with the 4th badge...

----------------
Active Optional rules
- Nickname every pokemon

Active team
Varicella the Dewott lvl 26 (M, Starter)
Giardia the Lillipup lvl 6 (F, Route 2)
Carbichol the sandile lvl 26 (F, Desert Resort)
Neviripine the Roggenrola lvl 23 (M, Wellspring Cave)
Yersinia the Blitzle lvl 9 (F, Route 3)
Fawna the Audino lvl 19 (F, Route 5)

Storage

KO'd pokemon
Dreamyard: nothing
Pinwhell Forest exterior: nothing
Zoster the Pansear lvl 14 (M, Dream Lot) Killed by a venipede in Pinwhell Forest Interior
Dummy the Tranquill lvl 22 (F, Pinwheel Forest interior) killed by a scraggy owned by N
Bethanicol the Scraggy lvl 17 (F, Route 4) killed by a sigilyph owned by N

Chapter list

Eleven Times
04-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I wanna do this. Hey, why not? It's on White.

Optional Rules

* Considering a black out/white out to be "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.(Eh, what the heck--I never lose anyway.)
* Banning the use of potions and healing items, relying only on Pokémon Centers for healing.
* Limiting Pokémon Center visits to a certain number per town.
* Banning the use of held items.
* Limiting the number of Poké Balls to purchase per Poké Mart.
* Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be migrated or permanently boxed should it happen to faint.

And so it begins...

Roze
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I think I'm am going to start this today. With these rules:

* Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
* The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
* Must use nicknames.
* No duplicate captures.
* No Legendaries.(Must be sent Directly to PC)
* Gift Pokemon don't count as a catch.

I'm trying to go easy on myself. This will be my first try at something like this.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I started off choosing Oshawott (I love that Latio-Reol's was name Spirit and I am sad that it died). I was scared that I Cheren's Snivy was gonna take it out in the second battle I have to use him in, but luckily he did not. I got to route 1 and found a level 4 Lillipup and caught it. So far there are no casualties.

Route 2 results in the capture of a Purrloin level 5. A little bit of a let down since his low attack but its okay. I train them to level 9 before taking on Bianca. Still no deaths.

I got a Pansear a Dreamyard I named it Ziggy, I have no idea why but there you go. I plan to nickname the others later as I forgot each time to name them.

I took of Cilan with all Pokemon at level 10 and somehow won again without any losses. A really close call Lillipup left with 1 HP and Ziggy with 8.

Current Team @ Badge 1:
Oats/Oshawott Lv 11
Ziggy/Pansear Lv 11
Lillipad/Lillipup Lv 10
Muse/Purrloin Lv 10

PC:

Graveyard:

Update 2: So much sadness...

Well after beating Cilan I went back to dreamyard to try and get a Munna and amazingly Munna was the first Pokemon I ran into. I got a little scared when try to catch him because I wasn't paying attention and accidently got Lillipup to use Tackle but luckily Munna had use a lot of defense curls and didn't faint. capture success.

Then I head to route 3 and blah blah, wellspring cave. I was plan of use repel to make sure that I found a Drilbur first, but unfortunately the level cap was not 11 like I thought but 13. My highest level pokemon at the time was Oshawott at 12. And So I ran into a Woobat first and therefore could no longer catch drilbur according to the rules, and then to top it off another Woobat took out my Lillipup.

Then as I rush to Nacrene City the little butt takes out my Purrloin who I actually had grown attached too. I don't remember with what anymore.

Edit: Wait I also forgot that I caught and fainted a Pidove somewhere along the lines.

Frustrated I go to the outside of pinwheel forest hoping to find a Sawk and thank goodness I actually do. It is pretty cool that I'm getting such good luck on the catching now hopefully I can keep them alive. Amazingly I catch him. I was scared he was gonna faint all my Pokemon with his double kick, but he didn't and I switched them out to Munna who got with with a psywave to more then half his HP gone and then a yawn that put him to sleep. Pokeball... catch.

Not wanting to walk all the way back to the PokeCenter I decide to battle the nurse but her Lv 15 Munna takes out my Ziggy with a critical hit. I hate critical hits more then bide!

So there you have it off to train for hours.

Current Team:
Munna Lv 14
Oshawott Lv 15
Sawk Lv 15

Graveyard:
Lillipup Lv 12
Purrloin Lv 12
Pidove Lv 13
Ziggy/Pansear Lv 13

I'm really bad a remembering to nickname because I never do you my automatic is to go to NO and not give a nickname.

Update 3: Not my Munna!

I leveled my guys up to 19 each, and went to challenge the gym. my Munna had been moving faster then this Patrat all battle then when I decided to use moonlight suddenly Patrat attack first. Munna gone. I don't know if this is okay I might have to not allow that and quit. I had such plans

Anyway, Sawk beats Lenora, duh.

I went to the inside oh pinwheel and found a Sewaddle. caught.

Current Team w/2 Badges.
Dewott Lv 21
Sawk Lv 20
Sewaddle Lv 14

Graveyard:
Lillipup Lv 12
Purrloin Lv 12
Pidove Lv 13
Ziggy/Pansear Lv 13
Munna Lv 18

I'm wondering if I'm cut out for Nuzlocke. I might change rules a little.

Latio-Nytro
04-11-2011, 01:31 AM
I think I'm am going to start this today. With these rules:

* Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
* The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
* Must use nicknames.
* No duplicate captures.(I wondering if this should mean that I must catch the first not duplicate Pokemon)
* No Legendaries(Must be sent Directly to PC)
* Gift Pokemon don't count as a catch.

I'm trying to go easy on myself. This will be my first try at something like this.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I started off choosing Oshawott (I love that Latio-Reol's was name Spirit and I am sad that it died). I was scared that I Cheren's Snivy was gonna take it out in the second battle I have to use him in, but luckily he did not. I got to route 1 and found a level 4 Lillipup and caught it. So far there are no casualties.

Route 2 results in the capture of a Purrloin level 5. A little bit of a let down since his low attack but its okay. I train them to level 9 before taking on Bianca. Still no deaths.

I got a Pansear a Dreamyard I named it Ziggy, I have no idea why but there you go. I plan to nickname the others later as I forgot each time to name them.

I took of Cilan with all Pokemon at level 10 and somehow won again without any losses. A really close call Lillipup left with 1 HP and Ziggy with 8.

Current Team @ Badge 1:
Oats/Oshawott Lv 11
Ziggy/Pansear Lv 11
Lillipad/Lillipup Lv 10
Muse/Purrloin Lv 10

PC:

Graveyard:

No offense, but your just setting up your whole team for disaster. Even if you are going easy on yourself, you should at least keep your team at least a few levels above the opposition. Stronger Opponents will crush underleveled Pokemon. I'd advise you go Audino Hunting, as even if your just trying to match levels with the Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon, you'll still need 10 Level ups each for all of your Pokemon from where they are right now for the battle against Lenora, and even more if you can tolerate it.

Now, as per my own story...I'll just leave out the needless description and get straight to the point.

Route three was Good for Grinding Ant2011 and Rocket up to Level 16 prior to Cheren, and Cheren himself posed some, but not enough difficulty for Rocket during the battle. When the little girl and Bianca came pleading, I came running to Wellspring, and kicked the butts off the Plasma Goons positioned there. While exploring, I also came across a Female Roggenrola, and named it Tombi.

Re-entering route 3, I encountered my first Wild there, a Pidove. I KO'ed it on accident, leaving me with no catch for this route either. However, the route was over and done with in little to no time.

I took the time to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center in Nacrene, but after that, it was back to Pinwheel forest, which I dreaded after last time. Fortunatly for me, I managed to Catch another Pidove, naming it Leader Sky (Cutting out the 'la'); a very fitting name for a Bold Masculine Pidove that's Proud of his Power. Even more fortunate; Leader Sky learned Razor wind, making it a powerhouse. After Grinding up every Pokemon to level 20, assisted mainly in part by the countless slaughter of Audino (Henceforth the change in my location), Rocket Evolved into a Liepard. As a Cat Person, he looked awesome.

With one Fighting-Type move-Rock Smash-he also proved to be able to beat every Pokemon in the gym except one. Albeit no casualties were sustained, I swapped out Rocket for Tombi in fear of a One-Hit Retaliate KO. The battle started similar to my final one on my last Nuzlocke, but couldn't have been more different in the end. Again, I proved myself worthy of a Gym Badge.

After that battle, as well as the Team Plasma Skull Theft, I got Leader Sky up one level, and watched it Evolve into A Tranquill. How conveniant. I continued through the area, and executed an Audino before running into a Petilil. Female and Awesome, I named her Aeon, after Aeoneeveemoon.

After the killing off of every Plasma Grunt around, along with every Ranger in the forest, I retreived the Dragon skull and scored a Moonstone for my efforts. After that, I treked across the incredibly large Skyarrow Bridge over to Castelia City, and bought myself 40 Soda Pops and a Fresh Water. Cheap Healing Power, Right there.

I traversed Route 4-briefly-and came across a Scraggy. Female and equally awesome to Aeon, I stupidly named her Bluejello, who is Male. I put him in the box for less-than-pretty times.

After Ant2011 learned Flare Burst, which quickly replaced Inciderate, I evolved it into a Simisear, knowing that it would be far more capable of dealing with other Pokemon with it than without it. A good event. However, with every good event comes a bad event; Aeon had to face down a Pidove, and just got plain unlucky to the utmost extent. Sleep Powder lasted the minimal amount of turns, Escape was failed twice, and Aeon got hit with a Critical Hit Razor Wind, and then a Critical Hit Quick Attack. She will be missed. And that was extremely unlucky.

Additonal Rules:
Dead-Box Clause (Must put all dead Pokemon in boxes marked 'Hospitol.')
Life-Saving roll Clause (I'll explain when it comes up)
Anti-Duplicate Clause (Prevents the capture of Duplicate Pokemon, or Pokemon previously caught. Pokemon may be evolved into Duplicates. It will not count as an encounter to find a duplicate.
Anti-Legend Clause (Prohibits the use of Zekrom, Thundaras, and Victini, but Zekrom may be caught due to storyline purposes.)
Nicknaming Clause (Must Nickname all Pokemon captured. If any Pokemon fails to be nicknamed by the end of the game, the Nuzlocke is a loss. All Pokemon Nicknames MUST fit the theme: PE2K Usernames.)
Christmas Clause (Gift and Egg Pokemon do not count towards a Route's capture, and are not duplicates.)
Anti-Trading Clause (Cannot Trade Inter-Game or Intra-Game.)

Current Party:
Ant2011 the Simisear, Level 22, Gift Pokemon, Life-Saving Roll Clause used.
Leader Sky the Tranquill, Level 22, Caught in Outer Pinwheel Forest
Rocket the Liepard, Level 22, Caught in Dreamyard
Tombi the Roggenrola, Level 23, Caught in Wellspring Cave.

Boxed Pokemon:
Bluejello the Scraggy, Level 17, Caught on Route 4

Casualties:
Spirit the Oshawott, Level 13, Starter, KIA by Cilan's Lillipup's Bite
Hazzaboy the Patrat, Level 13, Caught on Route 1, KIA by Cilan's Lillipup's Bite
Necros the Shiny Audino, Level 7, Illegaly caught on Route 2
Aeon the Petilil, Level 21, Caught in Inner Pinwheel Forest, KIA by Wild Pidove's Critical Quick Attack.

Area count:
Route 1: Caught Hazzaboy the Patrat
Route 2: KO'ed Purrloin
Dreamyard: Caught Rocket the Liepard
Route 3: KO'ed Pidove
Wellspring Cave: Caught Tombi the Roggenrola
Outer Pinwheel Forest: Caught Leader Sky the Tranquill
Inner Pinwheel Forest: Caught Aeon the Petilil
Route 4: Caught Bluejello the Scraggy

Pokemon Forbidden by Anti-Duplicate Clause:
Patrat
Purrloin
Liepard
Pidove
Tranquill
Roggenrola
Petilil
Scraggy

Roze
04-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Nope: My Sewaddle that I had just trained to 18 was just fainted by a Whimsicott. I'm definitely quiting, I will try this again next time I play through. I'm too invested in my Munna and Sewaddle right now.

Latio-Nytro
04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Spirit, I'm sorry that your Nuzlocke didn't turn out quite as planned.

However, there's a reason that people that do Nuzlocke's Grind Like Hell-So that they don't lose the Pokemon that they find precious to them. If you do this again, train your Pokemon, and hard.

Speaking of Grinding like hell, I'm using the Liberty Pass to go to Liberty Garden and beat the crud out of Team Plasma Grunts and Victini for easy Experiance.

Kenny_C.002
04-13-2011, 03:04 PM
You don't really need to overlevel for the most part in any pokemon game. Nuzlocke isn't really that big of an issue either. The only thing is that you cannot make stupid mistakes like say leaving a water pokemon out when an electric pokemon switches in. Remember, I'm doing a no pokemon center run. By definition I can't grind levels until I get past chargestone cave.

So no, I think it's not really required to grind all that hard if you know what you're getting yourself into. Then again, I've had so far 1 near-whole team wipe-out so far, so take note on that as well.

~~~~~~~~~~
Desert Resort and Relic Castle
I went around basically killing everything there. In relic castle, there was someone who offered me a fossil. I took the plume fossil. Also, Yamask fought me, so I caught it. Seems fair enough. Acyclovir the quiet female yamask comes to the rescue!

I accidentally deposited Neviripine when I was shuffling my pokemon around, so it'll have to sit out until the next heal reset. I still have yet to use the nurse and the doctor yet, so that's two heal resets I haven't yet used.

Castelia City
I went back to the battle company to get some extra experience and get the exp share. It's more for the exp share than anything else, since this directly helps me get Yersinia and Giardia into shape. I'm not sure if this actually helps or not though, since I haven't been using them anyway.

I also noticed I have 90,000P. How the heck did I manage to rack up so much money?

Guys. I think I made it. Just 1 more gym and I arrive at the move deleter's place. :O

Route 5
Not quite eventful. With Didanosine on my side, I had a solution to Servine.

Driftveil City:
Picked up random items.

Cold Storage:
Caught Vanillite...Staph the careful Vanillite.

Driftveil Gym:
Gosh darn easy.

Route 6:
Tenovovir the lonely Karrablast joins at lvl 22.

Chargestone cave:
Microcytic the brave ferroseed joins at lvl 25
Ace Trainer Allison's Zebstrika aka the lucksack does a number on my pokemon and giardia fell to spark --> paralyze --> can't move --> spark critical hit. Fawna struggles hard against Zebstrika as it runs through all of my paralyze heals and has managed to stop Fawna from doing anything for like 7 turns in a row. Even the luck sack could not deal with Fawna's impressive tanking power...or at least I thought until it crits Fawna to death. Didanosine also falls to a critical hit spark. Microcytic falls to a flame wheel. That's right folks. 4 pokemon falling to a single pokemon.

N kills off Tenofovir to complete the total domination of my team. Only Varicella remained after the cave of destruction. It struggled its way (literally) through N's final pokemon. Stash of fresh water always helps.

Route 7:
Ranitidine the docile watchog joined the party.

Celestial Tower:
Mesna the sassy Litwick joined the party.

Mistralton City gym:
A Flying gym was quite interesting. Not nearly as interesting as my Yersinia is back in action as a Zebstrika. To be honest, the challenge with no-pokemon center is now over for all intents and purposes. The new TM mechanics mean that I can basically use any TM-based move with no PP restrictions. Yersinia charge beams its way through the gym. I wanted to use one, considering how utterly crushing the stupid pokemon was against me.

At this point I decided to do a little bit of backtracking. Interestingly, it's around now that battles start becoming less close and more blowouts. Now I've lost it, I know I can kill. (the truth is just beyond the gate)

Driftveil Drawbridge:
Cimetidine the lonely ducklett joined the party. I need fly. :(

Route 8:
Propranolo the bold stunfrisk joined the party.

Twist Mountain:
Nystatin the naive chubchoo joins the party. I'm thankful that it was winter in the game, since I got extra experience and substitute, which may serve well for my purposes.

Icirrus City:
The rush to this city? The single nugget at Dragonspiral Tower and Team Rocket. I wanted to meet a fellow former member there, you know. In any case, I had surf and strength, so I decided that I should do some TM hunting.

Route 17:
Castor the naive frillish (it's like the only thing there...) joined the party.

Route 18:
Povera the hasty scraggy joined the party. This marks the first duplicate. A welcomed duplicate as scraggy is a nice addition to any team, I found out just before the first had died.

I also got an egg there. Since I consider special stuff like that not count towards the limit, I hatched Quinidien the careful larvesta. Another fire type! It's like this pokemon game hands out fire types like it's nothing. It watched at Mistalton City.

P2 Laboratory:
THUNDERBOLT! Also Zidovudin the adamant klink joined the party.

Mistralton Cave:
Gertrud the naughty woobat joined the party. I went in there with no intention of catching the legendary pokemon. I just wanted rock slide.

Icirrus City Gym:
The whole time I had exp share on mesna. That was easy. (staples, business depot)

Dragonspiral Tower:
Lamivudin the modest Druddigon joined the party. tbh, team plasma's gotten onto my nerves quite a few times already. N's an ok guy, but he really needs to go see a psychiatrist.

Relic Castle:
Back in relic castle. I thought I had to do some stupidly hard fight or something, but I didn't when I reached the bottom. That was kind of a bummer.

Route 9:
Gleevec the jolly minccino joined the party.

Opelucid City:
This city's gym was dominated by "Variclella used Blizzard! It's super effective!". Kinda like how Icirrus city gym's battles were dominated by "Mesna used Fire Blast! It's super effective!"

Victory road:
Killed the woobat. :(

Pokemon League:
It's time to start leveling up some of my pokemon and set up the final party. While I'm liking the 4, Yersinia has been underperforming. Its mset is entirely TM-based (like Varicella), so it can serve as a sacrifice if necessary. Join me next time as I face off against the pokemon league in its final chapter (and it's only 5 chapters long!).
----------------
Active Optional rules
- Nickname every pokemon

Active team
Varicella the Samurott lvl 56 (M, Starter)
Yersinia the Zebstrika lvl 40 (F, Route 3)
Carbichol the Krookodile lvl 49 (F, Desert Resort)
Masna the Chandelure lvl 45 (F, Celestial Tower)
Cimetidine the ducklett lvl 22 (F, Driftveil Drawbridge)

Storage
Staph the Vanillite lvl 21 (M, Cold Storage)
Acyclovir the Yamask lvl 19 (F, Relic castle)
Neviripine the Roggenrola lvl 24 (M, Wellspring Cave)
Ranitidine the Watchog lvl 28 (F, Route 7)
Nystatin the Cubchoo lvl 28 (M, Twist Mountain)
Castor the Frillish lvl 10 (M, route 17)
Povera the scraggy lvl 28 (M, Route 18)
Gertrud the woobat lvl 30 (F, Mistralton Cave)
Lamivudin the Druddigon lvl 31 (F, Dragonspiral Tower)
Quinidine the Larvesta lvl 1 (F, Treasure Hunter)
Zidovudin the Klink lvl 29 (P2 Lab)
Gleevec the Minccino lvl 32 (F, Route 9)
Propranolo the STunfrisk lvl 33 (M, Route 8)

KO'd pokemon
Zoster the Pansear lvl 14 (M, Dream Lot) Killed by a venipede in Pinwhell Forest Interior
Dummy the Tranquill lvl 22 (F, Pinwheel Forest interior) killed by a scraggy owned by N
Microcytic the ferroseed lvl 25 (M, Chargestone Cave) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Giardia the Herdier lvl 30 (F, Route 2) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Didanosine the Archen lvl 30 (M, Nacrene City) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Fawna the Audino lvl 25 (F, Route 5) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Tenovovir the Karrablast lvl 22 (M, Route 6) killed by Ferroseed from N
Victory Road: Woobat

Chapter list

Chapter 3 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3276863&postcount=81)

KKranberry
04-19-2011, 02:46 AM
I just want to say that I am thoroughly enjoying following everyone's journeys :) I don't think I would ever be able to play with Nuzlocke simply because I get too attached to Pokemon and wouldn't be able to give up my best fighters if they got KO'ed. Maybe I'll consider trying it if I ever get bored of the game. I'd want to get another copy though to use for Nuzlocke.

Kenny_C.002
04-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Final chapter (complete!):

Team:
Cimetidine lvl 50
Varicella lvl 56
Mesna lvl 55
Carbichol lvl 55
Yersinia lvl 55
Gleevec lvl 49

Marshal: (strat: Cimetidine leads, Varicella backs it up)
Throh: Cimetidine leads. Cimetidine used fly twice, but drops to the red from a stone edge
Sawk: Prompt switch to Varicella. Aerial Ace is met with a stone edge. Finished off with aerial ace.
Conkeldurr: Varicella stays. Surf once and meets a hammer arm. Drops <50%. Surf again to seal the deal.
Mienshao: Varicella stays. Aerial ace is met with a jump kick, drops Varicella to 24HP. No big deal, since aerial ace finishes Marshal off.
Varicella levels to 57.

Shauntal: (strat: Carbachol leads, Mesna backs it up)
Cofagrigus: Carbachol leads. Crunch drops it in 1 hit. Unfortunately, mummy kicks in and Carbachol can't do its trademark moxie sweep.
Jellicent: Crunch OHKO's this one.
Golurk: Crunch.
Chandelure: Crunch
With that, Carbachol grows to level 56.

Grimsley: (strat: carbachol leads, Varicella backs it up)
Scrafty: Carbachol opens with brick break. So did Scrafty. Quite super effective on both ends. Moxie kicks in.
Bisharp: 4 times the weakness to fighting? Brick break. Carbachol continues the rampage. Moxie kicks in.
Krookodile: Intimidate stops one of the moxie gains. Brick break still kills it.
Liepard: It opens with a fake out. Then I brick break it for an OHKO.

Winner: Brick break. Carbachol hits 57.

Caitlin: (strate: open with Mesna, back up with Carbachol and Varicella)
Reuniclus: Mesna opens with a shadow ball and OHKO's it.
Musharna: Shadow ball knocks it out.
Sigilyph: I think I fear this guy the most because it KO'd one of my guys before. Apparently a shadow ball was enough.
Gothitelle: Downs it with a shadow ball.

Quite an uneventful Elite 4. As expected, Marshal was the strongest out of the 4 with my 3 pokemon setup. I'm not sure why I even bothered to level up Cimetidine. Gleevec's there for morale. Team mascot.

N's Castle:
I accidentally healed the ~16 or so PP I used to beat the elite 4. Oops. Better throw out some of the ethers and elixirs I've not been using...

Nvm N healed my pokemon after I caught Zohram.

N: (strat: open with Carbachol, switch to counters)
Reshiram: Dig from Carbachol downs it.
Vanilluxe: Switch to Mesna --> fire blast
Carracosta: Switch to Varicella --> surf (take a stone edge), then surf again
Klinklang: Carbachol's dig downs it in one hit.
Zoroark: Carbachol stays and takes the moxie --> brick break OHKO
Archeops: Rock slide downs it again in 1 hit.

Ghetsis: I'm stuck with opening with Carbachol, but same strat (sucks to have forgotten to reteach grass knot)
Cofagrigus: It opens with a protect, then toxic after I crunched it once. It dies to the next crunch even though Ghetsis used a full restore.
Hydreigon: Varicella steps in. It opens with a dragon pulse and did a number on Varicella, but Varicella retaliates with X-Scissor. I had to go back to Carbachol as dragon pulse crits Varicella to death, who met a focus blast to death. Cimetidine brave birds to finish it off after taking a dragon pulse. Not good.

Bouffalant: Mesna has only fire blast to hit Bouffalant with. It connects, and Bouffalant retaliates with an EQ, dropping Mesna to low yellow. I kill it with another fire blast.

Seismitoad: Gleevec was the next to show up. I used a full restore on both Cimetidine and Mesna. In exchange, Toad connects with a rain dance then a muddy water to take Gleevec down out. Our mascot valiantly sacrificed itself for the greater good. Cimetidine comes in to help. It flies for one turn, then brave birds to finish the job.

Eelektross: I switched to Yersinia to tank hits from this guy. Thunder wave also helps. Then I switched to Mesna. It takes flamethrower like a champ with flash fire. Then downs it with two shadwo balls.

Bisharp: Fire Blast.

With that, Ghetsis was defeated. Pokemon White no-pokemon center run is finished.

----------------
Active Optional rules
- Nickname every pokemon
- No use of pokemon centers (Yes, it's possible and completed.)

Active team
Yersinia the Zebstrika lvl 55 (F, Route 3)
Masna the Chandelure lvl 59 (F, Celestial Tower)
Cimetidine the Swanna lvl 50 (F, Driftveil Drawbridge)

Storage
Staph the Vanillite lvl 21 (M, Cold Storage)
Acyclovir the Yamask lvl 19 (F, Relic castle)
Neviripine the Roggenrola lvl 24 (M, Wellspring Cave)
Ranitidine the Watchog lvl 28 (F, Route 7)
Nystatin the Cubchoo lvl 28 (M, Twist Mountain)
Castor the Frillish lvl 10 (M, route 17)
Povera the scraggy lvl 28 (M, Route 18)
Gertrud the woobat lvl 30 (F, Mistralton Cave)
Lamivudin the Druddigon lvl 31 (F, Dragonspiral Tower)
Quinidine the Larvesta lvl 1 (F, Treasure Hunter)
Zidovudin the Klink lvl 29 (P2 Lab)
Propranolo the Stunfrisk lvl 33 (M, Route 8)

KO'd pokemon
Microcytic the ferroseed lvl 25 (M, Chargestone Cave) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Giardia the Herdier lvl 30 (F, Route 2) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Didanosine the Archen lvl 30 (M, Nacrene City) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Fawna the Audino lvl 25 (F, Route 5) killed by Lucksack Zebstrika from Allison
Tenovovir the Karrablast lvl 22 (M, Route 6) killed by Ferroseed from N
Victory Road: Woobat
Gleevec the Minccino lvl 49 (F, Route 9) killed by Ghetsis
Carbichol the Krookodile lvl 59 (F, Desert Resort) killed by Ghetsis
Varicella the Samurott lvl 57 (M, Starter) killed by Ghetsis

Chapter list

Chapter 4 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3279343&postcount=87)

Black Dragonite
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
I've been following this thread here for quite a while now... very interesting concept! So I'm going to give Nuzlocking a shot with Black, see if maybe it can put some fun back into the game (not that it's not fun, but I've done two run throughs of it and it's a bit routine at this point).

So without further ado, my Nuzlocke Challenge!

PS: It seemed unfitting that I was allowed to choose my starter since I'm kind of doing Nuzlocke so I won't make the same choices as I usually do, so I rolled a die to see which starter I should go with. 1 and 6 were Snivy, 2 and 5 were Tepig, 3 and 4 were Oshawott. I ended up rolling a 1, so Snivy it is.

Nuvema Town
Standard proceedings... I don't need to go through this lol. Acquired Snivy. Beat Bianca and Cheren by spamming Tackle.

Route 1:
First Pokemon encounter: Level 4 Lillipup. Caught it, nicknamed it Hund. Got Forratt up to level 7.

Accumula Town:
Set up Deadzone Box on the PC.
Battled N, beat him using Forratt. I was a bit concerned about this battle but it was no sweat.

Route 2:
Did some levelling up with the trainers here. Hund went from level 4 to level 7 in one battle (!) which is awesome.
Battled Bianca. Hund almost beat her Lillipup but she used a Potion and Hund was down to 6 HP so I didn't want to risk getting knocked out, so I switched to Forratt. Vine Whip swept the rest of her team.
Didn't run into any wild Pokemon on this route, so no capture for me!

Striaton City:
Picked up Panpour in Dreamyard (nicknamed it Aquapa).

-------------------------
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules):
Fainted Pokemon will be placed in a "dead zone" box.
Anti-Legendary Clause (they can be caught, but not used. They don't count towards a route's capture. If they are killed, too bad.)

Active Team:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 11
Hund the Lillipup Lv. 10
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 10

Dead Zone Pokemon:
N/A

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I hope this isn't spamming.. I apologize profusely if it is. I'm commenting on this thread in case anyone wanted to PM me and ask me if I DO or WOULD NUZLOCK my game.

The answer is NO. I can't. I get a little attached to my Pokemon, both those I catch and box, as well as those I put into a team. I DO nick name all my Pokemon, but I don't share my nick names cuz they convey my personal affection for them and I don't want anyone using them. I'm a little greedy, selfish, and paranoid that way (lol).

I use one team through out the game. I use items and Pokemarts regularly. Any Pokemon caught and boxed are raised to the level at which they stop learning moves. They are given what ever move sets are avialable in their skills list and whatever TMs / HMs. They will remain unaltered after that, unless I'm creating teams for competitive play with friends.

The concept of Nuzlocking is interesting, but I just can't do that throughout the entire game.

Etymology
05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm contemplating Nuzlocking my Japanese White again, but I need to find a DS Lite first. >> I'll get back to you on that.

Black Dragonite
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Striaton City (continued):
Battled Cheren at the Trainers School. Great opportunity to give Aquapa a first shot and he didn't disappoint, taking out Tepig and Purrloin with no problems.

Decided I needed to go grind my guys up a few levels before taking on the gym, so I did that for a bit... got all my Pokemon up to about level 13, with no casualties... but wow seriously, I wish I had access to Audino right now. Leveling up is so much work without those guys ;_;

Off to the Gym. I opened up with Forratt against Chili's Lillipup. I got lucky and critical'd it with Vine Whip, but he struck back and critical'd me with Bite... then Chili used a Potion. Ugh. I was forced to withdraw Forratt who was down to 2 HP to keep him from fainting, so out went Hund. Tackle, done. Next up, Pansear. I elected not to switch, so I kept using Tackle against Pansear's Incinerate. Hund went down to 6 HP... and I guess I didn't have the Speed advantage, so I was forced to switch again, this time to Aquapa. Water Gun. Game, set, match. Success! My first badge in my Nuzlocke challenge, and no casualties yet.

It sucks that I can't go out and catch an HM slave... Gotta waste a move slot on Forratt for Cut. Oh well.

Dreamyard:
Plasma goons! Easy pickings though. I led with Forratt, who Vine Whip'd the first Patrat and then Purrloin after that.

First Pokemon encounter: Patrat... meh, lame. I was hoping for a Munna. Oh well. I caught the Patrat and nicknamed it Scouter

Route 3:
I thought this might be a good time to get Scouter caught up on some levels (I caught him at level 9). The double battles helped, and Scouter got up to level 12. I've got quite the team now for this point in the game. But... I forgot that Cheren challenges you here. So off we go into another battle.

Sad. Scouter went out against Tepig and wasn't at full HP (just battled a bunch of other trainers and I'm out of Potions)... So he was really no match for Tepig. Aquapa avenged his fallen ally though.

(To be continued)

Anti-Legendary Clause (they can be caught, but not used. They don't count towards a route's capture. If they are killed, too bad.)

Active Team:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 13 (Starter)
Hund the Lillipup Lv. 14 (Route 1)
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 14 (Dreamyard)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Scouter the Patrat Lv. 11 (Dreamyard, KO'd by Cheren's Tepig on Route 3)

Black Dragonite
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Wellspring Cave:
More Plasma guys. No real issue, I thought... boy was I wrong. Patrat used Bide and I thought I could knock him out before the second turn was up, so I spammed Vine Whip. Got Patrat down to low yellow HP before bam, Forratt is done. Cry. Hund finished the job, but ugh, my starter =(

Next Plasma battle, but this time I have Cheren's help. I send out Hund, he sends out Tepig. I spam Tackle, and he spams Ember. Both enemy Patrats go down.

First Pokemon encounter: Roggenrola! Not too bad, could help make up for the loss of Scouter and Forratt. I managed to catch it (it was close... he almost knocked out Hund in the process) and nicknamed him Rulle

Back out on Route 3, I battled some trainers, hoping to get Rulle caught up in levels. I was interested (not so much...) to learn that Blitzle's Shock Wave can apparently hit Rock types... lame. I was forced to do a lot of switching on the first turn in battles to get Rulle some experience.

First Pokemon encounter: this actually took quite a while, but the first thing I run into is another Patrat. How lame. A female one, but Hund knocked it out. What an overachiever.

Nacrene City:
Healing feels good. Headed over to the gym, but stopped by N. Cue battle.

Rulle is around level 12 at this point, so he goes out first against N's Pidove. Headbutt is great, but I would prefer Rock Throw...no problem though, Pidove goes down eventually. Tympole comes out, I withdraw Rulle for Hund. Take Down and Bite sealed the deal there. Hund gets up to level 16, which means evolution time! Finally N sends out Timburr, so I withdraw Hund for Aquapa. Used Water Gun a few times, battle over.

Before I go to the gym though, I'm gonna head over to Pinwheel Forest and do some leveling up.

Pinwheel Forest (Outer):
First Pokemon encounter: Pidove. It's nice to know there's more than just Patrats and Lillipups in this world. Anyways, I send out Rulle to weaken it, then throw a ball. Capture successful, and I nicknamed it Duva.

Duva was doing great until I went up against a Battle Girl's Timburr who critical'd it with Rock Throw. Another one added to the Dead Zone.

And it didn't end there. Went up against ANOTHER Timburr, who knocked out my Aquapa. Pain in the ass, honestly. Enough with the critical hits.

Time to take a break from training lol, will post another update later.

Active Team:
Hund the Herdier Lv. 16 (Route 1)
Rulle the Roggenrola Lv. 14 (Wellspring Cave)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 13 (Starter, KO'd by Plasma's Patrat in Wellspring Cave)
Duva the Pidove Lv. 14 (Pinwheel Forest, KO'd by Battle Girl's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 15 (Dreamyard, KO'd by Blackbelt's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)

Black Dragonite
05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Been a while since I updated, but I've been grinding my levels something fierce... Now that I'm down to two monsters, I can't really be taking any chances.

So I'm ready to go to the gym with Rulle and Hund leveled up into their 20s.

Lenora send out Herdier first, and I send out Rulle. I forgot about Herdier's Intimidate though... lame. Herdier missed the first two times it tried to use Take Down, allowing me to get in two Rock Smashes. Lenora used a Super Potion, but Rock Smash combined with Take Down recoil resulted in a win for Rulle. Next up was Watchog. I elect not to switch. Watchog's Crunch is harsh... two of those and Rulle fainted. Sigh. In goes Hund. Watchog uses Hypnosis, then Retaliate.

Black out. Game over.

Oh well. I'll give 'er another shot I think.

Active Team:
Hund the Herdier Lv. 16 (Route 1)
Rulle the Roggenrola Lv. 14 (Wellspring Cave)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 13 (Starter, KO'd by Plasma's Patrat in Wellspring Cave)
Duva the Pidove Lv. 14 (Pinwheel Forest, KO'd by Battle Girl's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 15 (Dreamyard, KO'd by Blackbelt's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)

Black Dragonite
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Alright, I'm going to try this again. Nuzlocke was fun the first time around, I think I just got some bad luck. Also, I hope I don't get in trouble for posting so many times in a row... I'll be using the same rules as last time, so I'm giving myself an equal chance at doing well this time lol.

So of course, since I refuse to choose my own starter, I'll be leaving it up to chance. Last time I rolled a six-sided die, whereas this time I'll be flipping a coin. Snivy (heads) and Tepig (tails) will be the first flip, and then I'll flip to see if Oshawott will be included. If yes (heads), Snivy/Tepig will go up against Oshawott. If no (tails), Snivy/Tepig will be my starter.

First flip: tails - Tepig
Second flip: heads - yes
Third flip (Tepig (heads) vs Oshawott (tails)): heads

Tepig will be my starter! Last time I did this, I nicknamed my Pokemon the Swedish interpretations of their species (Lillipup was Hund, Swedish for dog; Snivy was Forratt, Swedish for starter). This time, I'll translate them to Finnish. So Tepig will be Sika (Finnish for pig).

Sika had no problem with Bianca's Snivy or Cheren's Oshawott, and grew to level 6 in no time.

I made my way onto Route 1, where Juniper gave me some Pokeballs. Sweet, time to make my first capture (hopefully). The first monster I run into is a Lillipup (of course) and I make the catch, nicknaming it Koira (Finnish for dog).

Cranked Sika and Koira up to level 7 for my battle against N. It was worth it, as Koira beat Purrloin easily.

Advanced forward to Route 2 and found a Patrat, but Koira critical'd it with Tackle ;_; no capture for me. Gained some more levels on Sika and Koira, then took on Bianca. Sika Ember'd till the sun went down, easy wins.

I got to Striaton City, and healed, then decide to head over to the Dreamyard. A few battles later, and both my mons are up to level 11. I obtained Pansage from the trainer at the end of the yard and nicknamed it Ruoho (Finnish for grass).

Upon speaking to the man in front of the gym, I learned that the gym leader was at the trainer's school. When I went to find them, I instead found Cheren, who challenged me to a battle.

Ruoho's first test as a member of the team went well. Vine Whip was supper effective against Cheren's Oshawott, and I got Koira to knock out Purrloin. Cheren then gave me some berries to use. How kind. Also, there was a boy who asked me some questions about status conditions, and gave me a Full Heal.

I healed, then headed back over the gym. A man inside gave me a bottle of water, and I got set to face some of the gym trainers. Ruoho needed some help against the first Lillipup, so Sika stepped in. But Patrat was easy pickings for Ruoho, and I had Koira beat Purrloin.

With that, my monsters are around level 12. Still not high enough to take on the gym though. So I'll post this update for now and then do another one later.

Active Team:
Sika the Tepig Lv. 12 (Starter)
Koira the Lillipup Lv. 12 (Route 1)
Ruoho the Pansage Lv. 11 (Dreamyard)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
N/A

Black Dragonite
05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Big update. When I can play my DS at work, I get a lot of Pokemon done and not really any work...

I headed to Striaton Gym. It was an easy fight. Koira took care of Cress' Lillipup, and Ruoho made easy work of Panpour. Game, set, match.

Upon leaving the gym, I met up with Fennel, who asked me to go to the Dreamyard and find some Dream Mist. So I went there, and met up with Bianca. We were stopped by some Team Plasma guys though. That's okay, just means more training opportunities. Koira shut both of them down. Once they left, I managed to catch another Pokemon - a Purrloin, which I named Kissa (Finnish for cat). I picked up various items on the ground, and then left for Route 3.

Lots of battles along Route 3, but the biggest one was against Cheren. But Ruoho took care of his Oshawott, and I let Kissa go head to head with his Purrloin, and came out the winner. Upon winning, we saw Bianca and a little girl come running toward us, and they explained that Team Plasma had stolen the little girl's Pokemon! So Cheren and I headed over to Wellspring Cave and challenged the Team Plasma guys. Kissa wa strong enough by this point to fight for herself, and when teamed up with Oshawott, it wasn't much of a challenge at all. Once they were gone, I picked up TM46 Thief, giving Kissa her first Dark-type attack. I also captured a Roggenrola (nicknamed it Kivi, Finnish for stone).

Back out on Route 3, I caught a Pidove (nicknamed it Lintu, Finiish for bird)... but when I went back into Wellspring Cave to train, it got knocked out by a Roggenrola. Sad. I battled some more trainers and came to Nacrene City.

I immediately went over to Pinwheel Forest and caught myself a Tympole (nicknamed it Rupikonna, Finnish for toad). Then I did A TON of grinding to get my levels up, except I lost Sika in the process when he was KO'd by a Timburr.

So currently I'm training up to face the Nacrene Gym, and that will likely be my next update.

Active Team:
Koira the Lillipup Lv. 15 (Route 1)
Ruoho the Pansage Lv. 15 (Dreamyard gift)
Kissa the Purrloin Lv. 14 (Dreamyard capture)
Kivi the Roggenrola Lv. 15 (Wellspring Cave
Rupikonna the Tympole Lv. 16 (Pinwheel Forest)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Lintu the Pidove Lv. 10 (Route 3; KO'd by wild Roggenrola in Wellspring Cave)
Sika the Tepig Lv. 15 (Starter; KO'd by Black Belt's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)

Eternal Moonlight
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
@Black Dragonite: Love the Finnish name theme ^^

I'm thinking of doing a Nuzlocke run on my brother's White, since he said I could "have" it for a while. Sounds pretty interesting!

*Mew, Meow, Nya*

Quiet Camerupt
05-12-2011, 12:20 AM
I'll probably end up doing this too, since I've completed a Sapphire run and in the middle of a Leafgreen run. In both of those I never went for a theme though, I think I might try that when I get to it.

jhunter123
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Already started a leafgreen run so thought I would record it here.
Optional rules
Anti-Legendary
Must Nickname all pokemon
First encounter on route 1 doesn't count until you get pokeballs.
Must encounter all legendaries
No master balls

So to catch you up I started with Charmander which I uncreativly named Flamer(I actually died to Red first time around). As a result my rival (Red) chose squirtle. bleh. anyways as I was making my way to the town of Viridian I stumbled across the first pokemon of my journey, a pidgey. as I have stated above but will not again as that would be kinda redundant, I did not count it as my route 1 catch. afterwards was the usual, get parcel, deliver parcel, become oak's pokedex monkey. now for it to actually start! Ok so I was walking around when all of a sudden... :eek:Arceus! I mean pidgey! So I catch the pidgey who I name Flem just cause. afterwards I level grind them up to 11 and 10, go to route something and capture a ratatta. Who I named walter. as in Jeff dunham walter. Oh Yeah. Think I'm gonna go with naming stuff after puppets. so I lvl grind Walter up to 9 and slaughter Red. go to viridian forest and catch a caterpie named Claire (didnt have puppet naming theme yet). Clarie dies from a critical hit pidgey. short life of 2 minutes. so I go through Viridian forest. and exit. on route 2 I encounter another pidgey who I box as a back up in case of knock out. after lvl grinding Flamer FOREVER he evolves and I promptly slautgher brock by spaming metal claw. so I then continue on to route three, kill some youngsters (stupid ekans almost killed Flem!) and continue to the only patch of grass on route three. HOLY CRAP a Nidoran female!!! HOLY CRAP a critical hit knock out!!! that sucks:susp:. so I am now in the conviently place poke-center next to Mt. Moon ready to catch a zubat. The endish.

Current Team:
Flamer the Charmeleon lvl 17(Starter)
Flem the Pidgey lvl 16 (route 1)
Walter the Ratatta lvl 14 (Route near indigo platuea)

Current box
Xion the Pidgey lvl 3 (route 2)

Current dead
Claire the Caterpie (Viridian Forest) (died route 1)

kiddoman
05-27-2011, 07:34 AM
I have checked this! Hmm, pretty interesting and nice! I do like the fighting mode and withstanding patttern!
Nice work! Player can enjoy the abundant fun from it! Nice nice nice one! :ermm:

Mr420
05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I have checked this! Hmm, pretty interesting and nice! I do like the fighting mode and withstanding patttern!
Nice work! Player can enjoy the abundant fun from it! Nice nice nice one! :ermm:

im on to you .. you're fake and post irrelevant stuff in threads only to draw attention to your sig

Kenny_C.002
06-21-2011, 10:08 PM
im on to you .. you're fake and post irrelevant stuff in threads only to draw attention to your sig
Yeah I was onto that and took it out.

I'm thinking about doing another no-pokemon center/free healing rest spot run again.