PDA

View Full Version : Has anything annoyed you yet?

Zan Sabrefang
03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
My one gripe at the moment is the Encounter rate...
Does it seem a little high to anyone else?
Sure I used to get the occasional encounter after just one step on the other games, but on White, I'm lucky if I get to even face another direction.
I think all my funds will be going on Repels...

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
My pokemon are eating potions like candy. I've never had to use this many items my whole life o.o
That, and somehow Normal types seem to have superpowers now against most elements, at least compared to in all the other games...
Geesh, Jigglypuff could be a pokemon queen here and have endless singing stages as far as the eye could see -.-

(You know, for once I don't think Ash being suddenly new trainer weak at the start of an anime season is that far fetched. The old levels might actually be different o.o)

Zan Sabrefang
03-09-2011, 03:05 PM
No where to train once you beat the game for the first time is a drag too.
My monsters were all in their 40's and 50's...
Now I have to fight really high monsters in new areas or low levels in Victory Road.

MichaelArch
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm fighting the new lv 60+ trainers and I went from all pokes being around 48 to being 53.
They still battle like they're trying to let you win.

EmBreon
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
The battle zooming bothers me. >_> Why emphasize the limited graphics... Seeing the back of my pogey all pixelated during every fight is an eyesore.

And yeah... I feel like the game is harder. Not sure how I feel about that yet. D:

Mr420
03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
every pkmn that pops out i see as a chance to get better. in this game i use repels Only if I see a shaking bush off in the distance. that way i can get to it better.

Acer-V
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Only a few minor things for me:
- I agree, the encounter rate is a bit high.

- I also agree about the Normal-type superpowers comment. I fear going in battles against Herdiers. Every time they use take down, my Pokemon is either fainted or in the red.

- A lot of the places are REALLY element heavy. Example: I've been trying to train a water type (the turtle fossil; can't think of the name) around Dustveil and 90% of the Pokemon around there are Grass type. Guess who faints every couple of battles...

- Though they're decent for experience, there are way too many battles with Cheren and Bianca. I feel like I've fought at least one of them every 30 minutes since I started the game.

- In a sorta good/sorta bad way, the game is really linear (at least thus far). It's nice to know where you need to go next, but aside from catching a few new pokemon, there really isn't anything that has given me a desire to just go exploring like in the old days.

I guess that's about it for me. Sorry if it was lengthy...

Master Zorua
03-09-2011, 04:08 PM
My gripe is the frequency in the opponents' use of Protect and Detect. Most often they have been able to pull them off twice, even a few times three times in a row successfully! Normally, you'd have trouble linking two Detects/Protects in a row. Also, an age-old gripe of mine, the number of times gym leaders/rivals/elite 4's use of potions during fights! They seem to rely on these more than previous games.

Also, not being able to transfer Pokemon from previous gens until much later in the game is annoying.

Skylands
03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
- Most of the game music
- No move tutors
- Wild Pokemon encounter rate (it has increased)
- Not getting the running shoes right away in the game
- Triple battles

Disco
03-09-2011, 08:49 PM
The only thing that's really bothering me is confusion. You pretty much have NO chance of ever, ever, ever getting a hit through if you are confused.

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
The very fact that I have a life to live and I cannot continue living it because of this godamn addictive game.

- Long live Negima!

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
The encounter rate can get fairly annoying when I'm trying to get through someplace without dying or my pokemon can't handle it by itself, like a ghost type against a Minccino, but I keep finding a wild poke every other step.

How long going into the buildings seems to take now. I understand they need to load the data for the inside, but is zooming in on it in slow motion really necessary? Does loading the data really take that long? And why not do it for exiting too, since there's more data required for that.

Lack of old pokemon. I personally think it's nice to have a Pikachu or something I know how to use to help me along with those I've never used before.

Overabundance of Pikachu when it's not catchable in-game. Couldn't they have done Emolga, or Minccino, or something actually native to Unova?

The pixally sprites during battles and in the overworld, as well as some of the camera angles, are somewhat of a minor annoyance, because overall I think the graphics were fairly well done, even if the camera angles are more show-offy and a hindrance than actually aiding you.

Charizard Michelle
03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Not liking the overworld sprites of characters in the game. The ladies in that Kid Day Care Center arms were kind of strange to look at.

Phantasm.Angel
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
The kindergartener trainer class. Why the heck does a four-year old have a level 20-something Pokemon when I have to wait to get my level five starter at the age of thirteen?

Also, I hate the loading, not only for going into buildings, but also between a lot of routes. It is a far cry from the glory days of zipping through route gates in under five seconds.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-09-2011, 10:11 PM
The kindergartener trainer class. Why the heck does a four-year old have a level 20-something Pokemon when I have to wait to get my level five starter at the age of thirteen?

Also, I hate the loading, not only for going into buildings, but also between a lot of routes. It is a far cry from the glory days of zipping through route gates in under five seconds.
Maybe fighting pokemon has no age range, but owning one of the starters and beating the gyms does?
It could be, if you decide you want to be a trainer, that from a certain age they take away any pokemon you had before then, to make it a fair starting point for everyone at 15....

Crystal king
03-09-2011, 10:14 PM
The music; it seems like this game has the worst music out of the 5 generations. Ugh.

Kero~

Arch Enemy
03-10-2011, 03:38 AM
The thing I don't like is the amount of time Pokémon appears in the wild. Almost every time you step on a grass, a wild Pokémon will appear in a blink of an eye, or a raise of an eyebrow. xD
There are a few other things that makes me upset now and then, but it's no biggie. I'll get used to them eventually.

MaskedJackal
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm near the 4th gym and nothing has annoyed me yet. In fact, this generation of games has been less annoying than previous ones.

Like someone else mentioned, I've had to use a lot more items on my Pokemon, but I consider this a positive thing. One thing that's always bugged me is that it's been really easy to rack up obscene amounts of cash because you've never really had to buy a ton of items other than Pokeballs. I actually get to use some of my cash now.

One thing that I really like about this generation is that battles seem to be faster paced. They've eliminated a lot of unnecessary animations.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
The amount of trash cans around with nothing in them. xD

Giratina
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
The Pokémon names. They annoyed me from the first few steps, and they're still annoying me now...

Grassy_Aggron
03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Getting attacked by Pokemon every step I friggin' take, and the fact the opponents seem to hit harder than you can actually hit them.

Also, there is some slight lag in double battles...I'm not sure if it's just my old DS Lite, however. Worries me for triple battles!

The Amazing Ninja Kirby
03-10-2011, 10:58 PM
The fact that I'm on the last gym right now and have only had 1 rotation battle. Did I skip something or did they just want to put it for multiplayer and NOT the actual game? Besides that, everything else is fine, no real annoyances. I don't find running into wild Pokémon every two seconds annoying since I've naturally bought 99 max repels when I get the chance in the majority of the previous games.

Neo Emolga
03-11-2011, 12:12 AM
The music; it seems like this game has the worst music out of the 5 generations. Ugh.

Kero~

This. I have yet to hear one track that's remotely decent.

I've also noticed a whole lot of Pokemon adore using Bide, and that's a real betch when you try to play the game Nuzlocke-style.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-11-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't mind the music. Not the best, but not the most awful to me ether. I guess I remember the days of really really bad early video game music too well :P...

Is it just me or are the gym badges really really ugly? Like, all rough and stretched looking? O.o
I..I miss my pretty earring/button like badges ;.;

Woodchuck
03-11-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm really surprised to see so many complaints about the music. I actually enjoy quite a lot of it.

The thing that's annoying me is that I need two DS's in order to transfer Pokemon over from older generations. I mean, I guess there really isn't any other way they could have done it, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Oh, and the lack of a Vs. Seeker is annoying is well. I'm not sure which moron on the development team thought it would be a good idea to leave it out, but I wish them a very painful death.

Ant2011
03-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Rotation Battles can stop. I get all set to use brick break, and my oppponent switches to a ghost. It was a player vs player match, but still... Rotation battles are insanely stupid. 3v3 is fun, but not rotation... Why'd I start Black first? Time to play White...

Tsujin
03-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Rotation Battles can stop. I get all set to use brick break, and my oppponent switches to a ghost. It was a player vs player match, but still... Rotation battles are insanely stupid. 3v3 is fun, but not rotation... Why'd I start Black first? Time to play White...

That's kinda the point..... Rotation battles are awesome.

CrissXCross038
03-11-2011, 04:05 AM

Adds a entire new layer of strategy.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-12-2011, 04:39 AM
When you say yes to nicknaming a Pokemon, the lowercase characterset comes up... wouldn't be logical to start a name with a capital letter? xD

Kaoru
03-12-2011, 05:13 AM
When you say yes to nicknaming a Pokemon, the lowercase characterset comes up... wouldn't be logical to start a name with a capital letter? xD

I hate it when it does that. I want my Pokemon to have a capital letter at the beginning of their name, not a lowercase! -.-

Zan Sabrefang
03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
I've had a few triple battles, but I declined the Rotation Battle (I think in White Forrest?).
It annoys me how pixelated my monsters are in battle AND that they don't all fit on the screen in Triple Battles.

3m0d0ll
03-12-2011, 06:46 AM
The amount of trash cans around with nothing in them. xD

OH MY GOD YES.

Also, if you heave the Battle screen open long enough with otr doing anything, the screen starts moving. I mean, yeah - it draws my attention, but wtf!

RocketMeowth
03-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I have no gripes with this game. I love it!

I love how hard it is, I love the no past Pokemon, I love the battles, the music is fantastic, I LOVE IT ALL!

='D Love love love!

=^^= Nya

Rhys!
03-12-2011, 07:45 AM
First off, I love the music, especially the low HP music.

One thing that annoys me, is how one of the main features of the game is Triple Battles, and I've yet to have one, and I just beat the fourth gym.

Another thing that annoys me is the encounter rate.

Also, (I'm not sure if it was like it in older games) when you go into your bag and use an item during a battle, when it's your next turn, it stays on the bag, it'd be a whole lot better if it goes back to battle automatically.

But laughing at Plasma's crappy outfits makes up for it all. (:

shadowinfernape
03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Finding audino each time in rustling grass!

Orange_Flaaffy
03-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Finding audino each time in rustling grass!
They do push a handful of pokemon into just about everything. I was hoping that it would vary a bit more...

The Elite Ygseto
03-12-2011, 08:41 PM
So far I've loved the game, but have one problem, which is kind of specific. I was fighting Ghetis, and we were both down to our last pokes. My Druddrigon vs his Buffalount. I hit him with a dragon claw and knock him down to around one HPish, he hits me with head charge. I die, and the recoil kills his guy. I still lost the match (during that first time fighting him took me about 20 min, stupid hydrigon.) and was pissed.

That is the only time I think I've been annoyed with the game so far. I actually love it very much, and it's by far my favorite of the series now. I've beaten the E4 and the others and am currently finding the sages while leveling up my team/filling up my dex.

Larvinator
03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Encounter rate's obnoxiously high, as is the chance to hit yourself when confused; building interiors take time to load, especially the Pokemon Centers; the bag feels disorganized and clunky; and I am sick and tired of seeing those monkeys everywhere.

On the bright side, I have an electric zebra and an ancient Egyptian windchime in my party.

Neo Emolga
03-13-2011, 12:01 AM
...and I am sick and tired of seeing those monkeys everywhere.

This, good god, this. It feels like everyone and their mother has at least one of them.

Disco
03-13-2011, 12:46 AM
First off, I love the music, especially the low HP music.

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Brbrbrbrbrbrbr-beep-beep.

Graceful_Suicune
03-13-2011, 01:28 AM
I love a lot of things about it, but yeah, some things have annoyed me.

I'm confused that they changed the fact that you don't have poison effects outside of battle, and that TMs are reusable. I get that this is handy, but shouldn't they have introduced those things earlier? Also, it seems a bit obnixious that they renamed all the routes back to 1, 2, 3...etc, because, although this might sound a bit farfetch'd, it's like they're trying to recreate pokemon and make it all new and whatever. I think some of the music isn't very pokemon-like, but I do like some of it. Only, they aren't very distinct tunes. I don't like that your pokemon don't follow you around! I thought it might be a frequent thing as of HG and SS, but apparently not... I agree with Larvi about the confusion thing, and the disorganisation of the bag. However, I do like the fact that you can set multiple things on for X, and that there's an 'x' option in the menu and then a 'return' arrow thing, so you can decide if you wanna get out of it all at once or one thing at a time.

I hate the fact that in double battles, you can click on an empty space when you're attacking...so it's like you're attacking nothing. I accidentally did that and it cost me a match. Dx The training factor is also different. It seems much more tedious and difficult to train, since the levels of wild pokemon are higher but the exp. seems lower. I also have problems with the pokemon themselves - mainly some of their names - and I hate the fact that three Legendaries are males only, but there aren't any females. Even the girly musical one is genderless, which makes no sense and annoys me. X_x

ALSO. WHAT REALLY ANNOYED ME WAS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 8 BOXES. WHAT IS THIS. I have always organised my pokemon by types, and in a lot of boxes I combine more than one element to save space. Then for the remaining boxes, I have things like an unown box (in previous games), a 'baby pokemon' box, a Legendaries box, a favourites box, a trading box, etc. But in this, there are only 8 boxes, which means I have to have two elements for all of the boxes except one, which needs three elements. Then that leaves no space for a Legendaries box or a favourites box. UNHAPPY.

I could come up with more trivial things, but I'll leave it at that. I also had a dream that they introduced the light type, which also annoyed me. xD

~GS.

The Elite Ygseto
03-13-2011, 04:42 AM
ALSO. WHAT REALLY ANNOYED ME WAS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 8 BOXES. WHAT IS THIS. I have always organised my pokemon by types, and in a lot of boxes I combine more than one element to save space. Then for the remaining boxes, I have things like an unown box (in previous games), a 'baby pokemon' box, a Legendaries box, a favourites box, a trading box, etc. But in this, there are only 8 boxes, which means I have to have two elements for all of the boxes except one, which needs three elements. Then that leaves no space for a Legendaries box or a favourites box. UNHAPPY.

I could come up with more trivial things, but I'll leave it at that. I also had a dream that they introduced the light type, which also annoyed me. xD

~GS.

You can actually get 24 boxes, which is great. You just need to put a pokemon in each box, then back out of the system. When you load it again you'll have 16 boxes, then repeat. Then back out and load it again and you will have 24 boxes. :)

Lord Fedora
03-13-2011, 05:05 AM
The ants in Victory Road. My team was half Dark types, all with no fire attacks, and I needed to grind ten levels before going into the Elite 4. And thanks to the weighted experience system, there was no way to grind anywhere else. Oh, and I'm a Nuzlocker, so if any of my Pokemon faint they're gone and I never get to use them again. It. Was. Torture.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Having to walk over that bridge all the time. xD

Entralink is local wireless only. These days NOTHING should be local wireless only.

Not being able to scale Pokemon levels up in WiFi battles.

I agree on some of the Pokemon names. I've just been nicknaming practically everything haha. Throh and Sawk... ugh! Mispelling a word doesn't make it a Pokemon name... plus they still sound like the actual words...

And the bag as well. They could at least have given us a separate section for Pokeballs. And I still miss the item PC.

Darn I was doing so well up until now haha.

Zan Sabrefang
03-13-2011, 06:48 AM
So what I'm getting from this thread is the following:

The music is pretty bad
Some of the Pokémon designs and names are not up to parr
Levelling has been made a lot more difficult
The Encounter Rate is stupidly high
The bag is unorganised
The main battle gimmicks for the series are few and far between
And
DUN DUNN DUNNNNNNNNNNN
The Pokémon doesn't follow you.

So why do we all seem to like it so much?
That's a lot of key issues there that should make these two releases unworthy of taking a place amongst the games we love.
But I am still really enjoying it.

Here is how I deal with the issues:

Play with the sound off (I always have).
Use only the Pokémon I like rather than stat monsters.
Complete the game with minimal effort, access the Crag where Ditto's appear (forgot the name) and kill the 52-56 Audinos.
Carry Repels (Yay! We finally have something to spend our Pokédollars on).
I use my stylus for the bag, which actually makes it more bearable.
Not big on battling although I went out of my way on these versions to battle every trainer on the routes.

The only one I don't have a work around for is that the monster doesn't follow you... I miss that too...

Tsujin
03-13-2011, 08:18 AM
The fact that everything isn't touch screen anymore. You could literally do everything but walking through the touch screen in HG/SS. Plus the bag's interface was sooo much easier to use. I wish they would've kept at least those 2 things in the game.

Saraibre Ryu
03-13-2011, 08:24 AM
The fact that this happens:

I have a Pokemon out in battle to wall as I use items on some Pokemon on my team.

Say I want to use a Revive on my Samurott
I accidentally use it on my Druddigon who isn't fainted because i either didn't push the directional pad down enough or did it too much. [Yes I'm too lazy to use my stylus half the time because I lose it in the dark often.]

THAT USES UP A TURN...
WHAT THE HELL...
I HATE IT...

And yes...those elemental monkey things...gawd...GO AWAY...

I also want item storage back in the DAMN PC so I can carry only the items I NEED TO CARRY...I don't want to carry every type gem I find, I don't want to hold onto every hold item I'm not using, and I don't want to have such a small screen to have to scroll through for too damn long just to find the damn item I'm looking for *rage face here*

Why did they change leveling...it makes sense but sometimes...uhg, even WITH the Lucky Egg. This is why 80% of my team on Black was traded. >_<

The face that some of the Pokemon went back to the uglier older sprites...HG/SS made a EPIC Charizard sprite...then they went back to the crappy DPP one and...honestly...animate the HG/SS one...it would of looked BETTER...

And the battle with Ghestis....THAT DAMN HYDREIGON...HAX...

Kaioo
03-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Everything... To put it quite easily..
Everything is just annoying me XD

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
03-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Not being able to trade right away is currenly my biggest gripe. I agree with the just about everyone else's gripe too. Mine is the inability to trade my starters from white and trade them to black ASAP is kinda bothersome. I need the first gym badge before I can trade with another game? I takes too much time in white to train my starter(s) just so I can trade them over to black and add to my team and my Pokedex. In previous generations, I liked the thought of having all 3 level 5 starters before my adventure even begins. Okay I'm done. LOL

Something else just came to mind that annoys me. The names of town, cities, and other places are hard to pronounce in B/W. Previous generations used words we recognize or are just easier to pronounce. These are just confusing. How do you pronounce "Striaton City?" (stry - at - tin), (stry - ah - tin), (stree - ay - tin) ????? There are others too. I think someone should make a topic to discuss this!

Raschy
03-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Lack of lvl 100 battles. This now means I have to train all my mons to level 100...

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Not being able to trade right away is currenly my biggest gripe. I agree with the just about everyone else's gripe too. Mine is the inability to trade my starters from white and trade them to black ASAP is kinda bothersome. I need the first gym badge before I can trade with another game? I takes too much time in white to train my starter(s) just so I can trade them over to black and add to my team and my Pokedex. In previous generations, I liked the thought of having all 3 level 5 starters before my adventure even begins. Okay I'm done. LOL

Something else just came to mind that annoys me. The names of town, cities, and other places are hard to pronounce in B/W. Previous generations used words we recognize or are just easier to pronounce. These are just confusing. How do you pronounce "Striaton City?" (stry - at - tin), (stry - ah - tin), (stree - ay - tin) ????? There are others too. I think someone should make a topic to discuss this!
Just trade for starters over the wifi. The proud people of other nations are more than happy to to help :)

Rhys!
03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
I noticed this this morning, and it really annoyed me.

I went to change the button options to L=A, like I always use, and it WASN'T THERE!

>:(

Professor Geoffrey
03-14-2011, 12:43 AM
I noticed this this morning, and it really annoyed me.

I went to change the button options to L=A, like I always use, and it WASN'T THERE!

>:(

- That pissed me off, too. I always use L=A. D:

- The Poké Transfer Lab music is so redundant and irritating.

- Why can you only Dive in four places, and why is the Abyssal Ruins the only place you can go? And why haven't those characters been released to the general public yet? As a Pokémon Professor, I have the right to know the secrets of the Pokémon universe! Generally, in the games, there are a lot of mysteries, and it really ticks me off. D:<

- Many of the Pokémon's names suck.

- Although I like the concept of Chargestone Cave, I don't like the layout. Moving those stones around to move really seems pointless.

- I'm upset you can't battle that Shadow Trio group of guys. It's nice that they have some personality to them, though.

- The camera angles in certain places, like the White Forest and some of the bridges. Also, the fact that it kind of switches at some points throughout Castelia City.

- The overall purity and knowledge of the residents of Unova. If everyone's heard of Reshiram and Zekrom, why are Team Plasma the only ones interested in abusing their power?

- The fact that Undella Town and Lacunosa Town; they seem like fillers. And they drive me to think that they are going to remake Ruby and Sapphire.

- The fact Route 1 also exists in this game. And the specialness of Route 1; why are there flying leafs throughout Route 1, never to be seen again until White Forest?

- When you first walk out of your house in the beginning of the game.

- Pikachu throughout the game even though Pikachu can't be caught until after you get the National Dex. I'm sitting there thinking "What the ----?"

- How come you can't go back to that cave after you catch Kyurem? I like hatching my eggs in special places.

- They didn't expand on the whole electric spider webs thing.

- There is no Pokémon Center in Anville Town. It's still a town!

- Victory Road is barely navigable.

- The Game Freak guy you can challenge. Why did they give him the six most common Pokémon trainers use throughout the region?

- Cynthia. WHY DOES SHE EXIST IN THIS GAME? She has no right to be here. It's like, "LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT SINNOH, GUYS." Well, when you made everyone forget about Johto eight years ago, it didn't feel so harsh, did it?

- I'm kind of upset that White Forest and Black City are game specific and yet both are mentioned in the opposite games.

- The fact that in Opelucid City and in Nacrene City, you can't force the violinist/accordionist to keep playing even as you roam through the place.

- Bag organization. I loved how it was organized in Generation IV.

- The Pokémon doesn't follow you anymore. D:

- THE MONKEYS ARE EVERYWHERE. 150+ new Pokémon, and all I see are the elemental monkeys, Purrloin and Liepard, Woobat and Swoobat... AUGGHDSAFJA/FDKJ.

- The level-up rate is annoyingly awesome. It's annoying and awesome at the same time.

-

- I kind of wished that they would hurry up and have Light type Pokémon already...

Those are all of my grievances, I think.

~Professor Geoffrey

Larvinator
03-14-2011, 01:39 AM
That's a lot of key issues there that should make these two releases unworthy of taking a place amongst the games we love.
'Cause this generation, though this thread shows a ton of griping, actually fixed and improved at least as many things as it messed up. Double Battle grass, Triple/Rotation Battles, reusable TMs, combining the Pokemart and Center, the Itemfinder, an electric zebra...
- Cynthia. WHY DOES SHE EXIST IN THIS GAME? She has no right to be here. It's like, "LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT SINNOH, GUYS." Well, when you made everyone forget about Johto eight years ago, it didn't feel so harsh, did it?
Speaking as someone with a huge crush on Cynthia, learning this just made my entire day. :'D

Neo Emolga
03-15-2011, 12:38 AM
It's a vending machine.
Which drink would you like?
► Fresh Water
A Fresh Water dropped down!
Joseph obtained a Fresh Water!
Joseph put the Fresh Water in the MEDICINE Case.
Would you like to buy another one?
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
Decided not to buy a drink.

Seriously, why can't they just let us buy these things in bulk?

Grassy_Aggron
03-15-2011, 01:39 AM
It's a vending machine.
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water

They went for realism XD

And OMG I totally forgot! I'm about to enter Victory Road, and I've had only two Rotation Battles.

...Seriously? For the whole "new Triple and Rotation Battles!" hype, they've failed pretty hard. I want to have a regular Triple Battle, too >:(

But, lol. My Sawk sweeps everything XD

3m0d0ll
03-15-2011, 01:50 AM
I have one more annoyance: NURCE JOY'S HAIR. IT'S PURPLE.

Saraibre Ryu
03-15-2011, 05:16 AM
It's a vending machine.
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water

They had no Mt. Moon summit cabin. o_o
Score one for gen 4.

Turtletwig
03-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Well... The only thing that has annoyed me in the games is... uh... the high random encounter rate. But it also makes short work of leveling!

dimondgirlofthefuture
03-15-2011, 10:34 PM
well, let's see... the high encounter rate needs to go die in a hole. Uhm, stupid E4 Caitlin... OMFG! Go die! I almost beat her, then her gosh dang... Gothitelle, was it? I dunno, but I had ONE more pokemon to beat. And what does she do? She uses a retarded full restore... I was like F...M...L!

But on a higher note, my Emolga that I got through a link trade in the game levels up quite quickly! And it's move Acrobatics is a one-hit wonder k.o. It helped me beat the last gym leader, Drayden, easily. It also helps out a lot when it was holding the electric gem and made it's electro ball move much much more powerful.

But other than the encounter rate and Caitiln's Gothitelle, that's about ittt. :)

Kaoru
03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
O.M.F.G. The thing that bothers me the most....VICTORY ROAD! Who was the idiot that thought of that!? I had to use my Action Replay to walk through the walls just to get to the Pokemon League. That place drives me insane.

Biscotti
03-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Ok here it goes:

- How Team Plasma are complete hypocrites. They want to liberate Pokemon yet they have Pokemon themselves confined in Pokeballs.

- Simple things take longer to do such as navigating through your inventory/bag, and Pokemon battles. Animations are slower and there seems to be a load time when you walk into a building.

- Pokemon are pixelated in battles which really bothers me.

- How TMs can be used as many times as you want. I thought it was more of a challenge when you could only use them once; I don't understand why they changed that.

-How some areas in the game zoom out so far that you can't see ****, like White Forest.

-Most of the Pokemon are ridiculous, some even seem like a practical joke. I think GameFreak wants to know how far they can take this until we say, "Okay this is just bullshit". Pokemon is the number one best selling video game for portable systems and I think GameFreak has taken advantage of that. They know they can do anything they want and fans will still buy these games.

Neo Emolga
03-18-2011, 05:35 AM
O.M.F.G. The thing that bothers me the most....VICTORY ROAD! Who was the idiot that thought of that!? I had to use my Action Replay to walk through the walls just to get to the Pokemon League. That place drives me insane.

I have always HATED Victory Road. Bleh, that place has always been a cesspool of annoyance, agony, frustration, strife, misery, torture, pain, anguish, catastrophe, disaster, horror, and <insert thousands of more negative adjectives.>

And they always bring it back each and every time. Would it really kill them to do away with it... just once?

Kaoru
03-18-2011, 05:38 AM
I have always HATED Victory Road. Bleh, that place has always been a cesspool of annoyance, agony, frustration, strife, misery, torture, pain, anguish, catastrophe, disaster, horror, and <insert thousands of more negative adjectives.>

And they always bring it back each and every time. Would it really kill them to do away with it... just once?

Victory Road in DPPtHGSS was fine for me. But this one. Imma kill the person who designed the layout. That place is barely navigable. And yes, it would kill them to do away with Victory Road.

RocketMeowth
03-18-2011, 05:40 AM

Pokemon are pixels... I mean... they've always been pixelated.

=^^= Nya

Biscotti
03-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Pokemon are pixels... I mean... they've always been pixelated.

=^^= Nya

Do you know what pixelated means? They're obviously made of pixels, but you're not supposed to see them. The people who design the Pokemon sprites at GameFreak set the size too small, therefore when it zooms in in battle it gets pixelated. That's why they look grainy and jagged. Have you ever made a file in Photoshop, set it larger than it's original size you made it, and see it start to deteriorate in quality? That's raster for you.

Larvinator
03-20-2011, 01:21 AM
It's a vending machine.
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
► Fresh Water
Oh good God this. I always buy up Lemonades, since they give you almost twice the bang for half the buck of a Super Potion, and having to spam A gets annoying fast. At least you get a bonus every once in a while. Well, more like once in a never, but.

Incidentally, I think the reason we see so many of the same Pokemon around is that B/W doesn't mix any old mons in with the new.

Zan Sabrefang
03-20-2011, 03:37 AM
New ones to add to my list:

- BOLDORE in every freakin' cave!
- WTF?! You can't save over a file?
You have to ERASE the file now, before you can start a new game...
If you were stupid enough to let your 6 year old cousin start a file on a game you have spent 100,000,000 hours on only to have them save over it, you deserve it.
I spent an hour starting a new Nuzlocke, my Tepig (Grunta) was almost ready to evolve and BAM!
"There is already a save file, it is impossible to save."

Someone needs to be shot for that.

Rhys!
03-20-2011, 04:46 AM
[CENTER]
- WTF?! You can't save over a file?
You have to ERASE the file now, before you can start a new game...
/CENTER]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been like that since Generation 4?

Kaoru
03-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been like that since Generation 4?

It has been like that since Generation 4. They removed the "Overwrite the old save file" thing in GIV.

Zan Sabrefang
03-20-2011, 05:36 AM
I never wanted to overwrite any of my Gen IV games which might be why I'm a little late to the game here.

Sec
03-20-2011, 12:40 PM
If you're in a double battle and both of your Pokemon get KOed at once the game will let you select one Pokemon but then glitches up and refuses to let you send in a second Pokemon. therefore, leaving you permanently stuck on the Pokemon shifting screen. the only way out is to turn the game off :/ it's happened to me at least twice now and each time I lose like an hour of training >.<

TsukiKaiki64
03-20-2011, 02:46 PM
--The delay when you enter a house. It pisses me off and is so freaking annoying!
--Skyarrow Bridge. Fun if you have a bike... not fun anytime else.
--The lack of the L=A option. I always play with that option, but now...
--Similary, the lack of being able to permentantly select B. They need to keep these things, seriously.
--The lack of a Safari Zone. I think I just noticed that....
--How few Triple/Rotation battles there are. Similarly, how few Double Battles.

Giratina
03-20-2011, 04:01 PM

This. It was cute in Diamond and Pearl when everything kind of had this semi-cheesy feel to it, but now, in Black and White, alongside lots of prettiness? No. That brings me to another point:

Battles.

Now, they were A-OK in all the other games. But in B/W, the battle animations are very distracting. This is the first time I've EVER had to turn off battle animations. And I miss battle animations, I want to see what the moves look like, but all the camera work -- Oh, look, an attack! RANDOM ZOOM IN GO! -- is annoying on the DS.

Phantasm.Angel
03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
If you're in a double battle and both of your Pokemon get KOed at once the game will let you select one Pokemon but then glitches up and refuses to let you send in a second Pokemon. therefore, leaving you permanently stuck on the Pokemon shifting screen. the only way out is to turn the game off :/ it's happened to me at least twice now and each time I lose like an hour of training >.<

Actually, a friend of mine ran into this problem when we were triple battling, and you just have to select one of your other fainted Pokemon and switch it with a healthy one. I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but there is a way to get out of it.

TRK4ever
03-21-2011, 08:22 AM
The GTS trades

It's filled with not but trades for the mascots.Like im really going to trade a Zekrom for a lilipuppy.

The constant rival battles

Giant Chasm.I seriously can't find the way to the second staircase.

The sucky AI for gym leaders.I ran through everyone giving them the type advantage and never lost once.

The lack of the multi pokemon trader battles.In Gen 3 double battles were everywhere!

The gap between the levels during the main game and the post game.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-25-2011, 01:40 AM
About the trades, you'd be surprised what you get for a common pokemon just by putting it out there. It's not so much 'fair trade' as it is 'I have nothing else to trade and this other person gives out pokemon they caught/bred for nothing because they are nice like that' :). But when you are asking for a legend there I don't think anyone is thinking they will get a legal one, just one to say they have it at all...

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-25-2011, 01:59 AM
The fact that I can't transfer items from my gen IV games irks me to no end. Do I REALLY have to do all of those Battle Subway fights to get another pair of Choice Specs?? I already did that in SoulSilver! Can't I just send my SoulSilver pair to White?

NOPE!

Rghh...

Phantasm.Angel
03-25-2011, 02:07 AM
The fact that I can't transfer items from my gen IV games irks me to no end. Do I REALLY have to do all of those Battle Subway fights to get another pair of Choice Specs?? I already did that in SoulSilver! Can't I just send my SoulSilver pair to White?

NOPE!

Rghh...

This.
I have 82 Rare Candies on my Platinum and I cannot send any of them over. All of that hoarding...wasted.

Zan Sabrefang
03-26-2011, 06:39 AM
I know how you feel with the items.
I had just gotten all my Power Items from the BT for EV training.

And it's nothing to do with the game itself, just bad luck on my part:
The Pokémon I'm breeding (apart from Reuniclus which is awesome) have REALLY bad IV's...
But of course you can't tell this until they're at least 25-35.

Judgmental Arceus
04-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Encounter Rates
Super-powered Pokémon (Remoraid with Hyper Beam for example)
Superpowered Trainer pokémon (especially the ones where they are in their basic form at level 65)
Loss of some of my favorite TMs (Dragon Pulse, Focus Punch, Dark Pulse, etc.)
The replacement with considerably crappier TMs (Round, Echoed Voice, Snarl, etc.)
GTS trades and loss of GTS glitch
Lack of item transfer from previous games
Battle Subway in general
Potentially more to complain about

I have a feeling that I'm gonna be hunting for my AR sooner than I'd expect I would.

Randor
04-02-2011, 11:18 PM
The only thing that really annoys me is the intro, I can never stand the whole intro of the Pokemon games, it seems like they never end! But I'm also not fond of the encounter rates as mentioned above.

Zan Sabrefang
04-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Not a single trainer has Vullaby.
So those without friends who play Pokemon Black or have no access to boards like this are able to get a Vullaby from the GTS.
I'm 25...
None of my friends play Pokemon any more.

Neo Emolga
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Not a single trainer has Vullaby.
So those without friends who play Pokemon Black or have no access to boards like this are able to get a Vullaby from the GTS.
I'm 25...
None of my friends play Pokemon any more.

Us peeps on Black don't see Rufflet either though.

My FC is 5243 1840 9105, I'll trade you a Vullaby for a Rufflet, if you have one. Just PM and let me know when you're on.

Troy47
04-08-2011, 07:52 PM
1) The zooming in/out effects in a battle
2) The pixely back of the pokemon
3) The names of the Pokemon
4) The loss of XP (it doesn't steadily decrease, it just takes away)
5) The menu's for everything
6) Not the Old Pokemon Center :'(
7) Not the same exciting feeling as the old games

3m0d0ll
04-08-2011, 11:26 PM
The only thing that really annoys me is the intro, I can never stand the whole intro of the Pokemon games, it seems like they never end! But I'm also not fond of the encounter rates as mentioned above.
Hmm, that's actually one of the things I really like! I normally only watch it the first time I turn on my game, just for kicks, but I've actually watched this one about 10 times xD Unlike the previous games where it was just a sideshow of people and Pokemon, they show N being crowned, which really expresses that this game isn't just about becoming the Pokemon Master, it's also one of the only Pokemon games where the plot is think and interesting :P

The pokemaster
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Hmm, that's actually one of the things I really like! I normally only watch it the first time I turn on my game, just for kicks, but I've actually watched this one about 10 times xD Unlike the previous games where it was just a sideshow of people and Pokemon, they show N being crowned, which really expresses that this game isn't just about becoming the Pokemon Master, it's also one of the only Pokemon games where the plot is think and interesting :P

I agree, but they could've and should've done a whole lot more with the whole storyline. It was great as is, but it's still fairly short, and it's still not as deep as it could be. They could've gone and made it a bit longer, and bit more complex, and more chasing around the place as opposed to going in a straight line. They could've also incorporated the story into the post-game, as opposed to just chasing down the seven sages.

Woodchuck
04-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Us peeps on Black don't see Rufflet either though.

But we do get to see Braviary thanks to Cynthia. Kind of seems like White players got the shaft on this one.
7) Not the same exciting feeling as the old games

What game are you playing exactly? It's an entirely new region with completely new Pokemon and few ties to the older games. I don't know what could be more fresh and exciting. If you're simply getting tired of the series, I can understand that. Black and White certainly stuck to the tired and true Pokemon formula. For me, though, these were the most "exciting" Pokemon games since the original Gold and Silver, mainly because the lack of any familiar Pokemon made the adventure seem less hackneyed than, say, Diamond and Pearl.

Altrius
04-09-2011, 10:51 AM
But we do get to see Braviary thanks to Cynthia. Kind of seems like White players got the shaft on this one.

What game are you playing exactly? It's an entirely new region with completely new Pokemon and few ties to the older games. I don't know what could be more fresh and exciting. If you're simply getting tired of the series, I can understand that. Black and White certainly stuck to the tired and true Pokemon formula. For me, though, these were the most "exciting" Pokemon games since the original Gold and Silver, mainly because the lack of any familiar Pokemon made the adventure seem less hackneyed than, say, Diamond and Pearl.

This a million times over. I found the story engaging and exciting :)

Dartz
04-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I was super annoyed when i didn't found HM Strength
i was really annoyed
i made all my pokemons level 70 before going to victory road in search of HM 08

DRAKING
04-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I am still a bit annoyed by the menus... I have to press A LOT more buttons than in the previous games. Also, I still don't understand why pokeballs, held items and sell-only items are all stored in the same part of your bag.

Annoying, yes.

death_metal_lawn_gnome
04-25-2011, 04:45 AM
the bike!!! so hard to just move one space ahead, i liked having a two speed bike in diamond pearl.

black city/white forest...need i say more

the encounter rate is way too high, i dread revisiting areas ive already been to, its like encounter spam

Machampion
04-26-2011, 03:32 PM
The Heart Scale System!!

Grrr... I always hated having to rise happiness with my pokemon, I am a battler and that is that.

Machampion
04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
I am still a bit annoyed by the menus... I have to press A LOT more buttons than in the previous games.

Mark everything in your bags that you can and then press "Y" when you need them.

DRAKING
04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
The Heart Scale System!!

Ehm sorry I don't understand A WORD you say. I say the new Heart Scale system is a #@$#$% blessing. IMO, it's so F#CKING NICE heart scales are now so easy to obtain... Now you have all the freedom to keep finetuning the moveset of your Pokemon. This was all different in HGSS where you had to rock smash for ages or wait for a Luvdisc outbreak.

Oh Kamehamehaha thanks your advice, I'm using it :) It helps indeed!

Fushigidane
04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Herdier's and their Take Down attack...

Kaoru
04-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Herdier's and their Take Down attack...

This, along with Patrat with their Bide and Lenora's Watchog with Retaliate.

MoonKit
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't care if I restate any things already stated.

-The names are a bit worse than the Japanese ones, I was getting used to Issue and now I get used to Unova. You know how odd that sounds? You know, va? (You know, yah?) It sounds semi Vikingish.

-Omigod did a Herdeir just kill my Surperior? Normal types have Surperior powers now. (Yes, terrible pun) and many times I have had to use Hyper Potions when facing them. Do you know how many times I had to start over when facing the Nacrne gym Leader? I only won due to my Pokemon being much too powerful for even the Castalia gym leader.

-I can't even turn around in the grass without having a Wild Pokemon encounter. Just to get to a shaking bit of grass, bubbling water, or a dust cloud, I need to use a Max repel. I've run out of them 15 times in a stinking day.

-They forgot to add the Wifi Funhouse TT^TT I have to save my game and put my Hartgold game in just to play there and go on the parade.

-I dont want to watch my Pokemon's graphic back side, heck no O o.

-Many more, but I don't have the time to rant.

sammy0295
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Aside from just about everything, (though I'm way biased against the new games) I HATE Tornadus. I have been hoping for a really cool pure flying type for a while now. (I would have really liked to see something like a Roc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roc_%28mythology%29)) but in general, just something cool and preferably bird like. And I get a really freaking stupid genie. When I realized his type, I died inside.

KKranberry
04-28-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm actually surprised by how much I love the new games. I thought I would hate Pokemon White, but I'm having so much fun playing it. But there are a few annoyances.

-high encounter rate. Never before have I bought more than five repels from a PokeMart. I bought thirty Max Repels. I can't deal with this encounter rate, particularly in the tall grass on Route 7 where I am currently training up my newly evolved Eelektrik and Lampent.

-pixellated battle sprites. I actually really enjoy the animation, but the pixellation could have been so easily fixed. The DS has the capacity for that.

-the bag. finding everything is a chore, particularly while rifling through held items.

-my Pokemon don't follow me around anymore :( that was one of my favorite things in my SoulSilver. My Lapras looked adorable waddling along behind me. It made the Pokemon feel more like traveling companions. I felt closer to my team.

-the map. I like a linear storyline and all (I hated the overwhelming WHICH DO I DO NOW? feeling that R/B/Y gave me, Yellow in particular due to the giant level jump for gym leaders), but they could have at least made the map original. Traveling in a circle? really? They could have at least made the route lines shaped like they actually are and have placed the caves and towers accordingly. It's so difficult to read.

-My number one annoyance: the overwhelming number of Pokemon that are designed for postgame and the RIDICULOUS number of crucial moves that can't be obtained for a lot of Pokemon until VERY late in the game. To be able to have a Krookodile with Earthquake against the E4 without having to grind for a million years or so, I have to wait to evolve her, which I hate doing. She's got six more levels to go before I can evolve her, and I'm worried she's going to start failing against the increasing number of fully evolved opponents. I'll be evolving my Eelektrik a level before my planned E4 level (I'm planning on Lv. 50) and my Mienfoo right before I take them on. It's so frustrating to have so many Pokemon that are amazing but just aren't available soon enough.

Machampion
04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=Tokyokit;3287507]
-I dont want to watch my Pokemon's graphic back side, heck no O o.QUOTE]

Uhm, This has been for all pokemon games not just Unova region based games... :rolleyes:

Disarmonia
05-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree with a lot of what people mentioned here,
I never used so many repels, potions in my life! and just to enter a building it takes ughh >.>
+ the strange cut when u enter that fun garden in Nimbasa city to go to the gym? it's unnecessary!
+ awesome graphics wasted on that badges road, they could've improved different stuff than putting alot of work on a road u'll walk once only in a game time =/
+ the moving pixels are awesome but their quality sucks! they get I don't know, pixely o.o"

good thread!

Shucklulz
05-05-2011, 02:42 AM
My only gripe with Black and White is the omission of the Level 100 All feature for Wi-Fi battles. Other than that, I found the games to be very enjoyable.

Grassy_Aggron
05-05-2011, 03:09 AM
I don't care if I restate any things already stated.

-I can't even turn around in the grass without having a Wild Pokemon encounter. Just to get to a shaking bit of grass, bubbling water, or a dust cloud, I need to use a Max repel. I've run out of them 15 times in a stinking day.

-I dont want to watch my Pokemon's graphic back side, heck no O o.

The encounter rate is rather high, but it makes finding a shiny a little easier apparently just because of the sheer magnitude of Pokemon launched at you XD

I don't really mind the pixels. Some of them are worse than others. I do like seeing the back sides, because we can see features never seen on some. For one, I just realized Aggron have a claw on the back of the foot 0o'

Aside from just about everything, (though I'm way biased against the new games) I HATE Tornadus. I have been hoping for a really cool pure flying type for a while now. (I would have really liked to see something like a Roc) but in general, just something cool and preferably bird like. And I get a really freaking stupid genie. When I realized his type, I died inside.

I agree - not too happy about Tornadus. I mean, I wanted a Tornado pokemon, but I was thinking, you know, an ACTUAL tornado! We have freakin' possessed lawnmowers and living garbage...Yet you can't make one of the most deadly yet beautiful windstorms on earth a Pokemon? FOR SHAME.

My biggest pet peeve is that they took away the VS Seeker and the PokeRadar. We can't face people we want to anymore, which really puts a dent in how to EV train against high levels.

And now we can't chain to get shinies? Sure, I sucked at it anyway, but still DX

Black Dragonite
05-06-2011, 04:31 AM
I was really disappointed to learn that there is no VS Seeker. That thing was a blessing in DPP and it makes training really hard without it...

kiddoman
05-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Absolutely yes! I used to be annoyed by some work stuff! You know that, pretty annoying! After two or three months, it is much better! I got through it!

Synester
05-27-2011, 08:40 PM
-Emolga. Oh for the love of god Emolga. To be more specific, all of the Emolga in the 4th gym. They kill all startes, so they're outta the picture. DoubleTeamx800 Volt Switching, just typing it makes me want to vomit.

-Running Away is close to impossible...until one of your Pokemon dies.

atucker22
05-28-2011, 01:02 AM
The big level gap after the elite 4 was annoying, but I got over it eventually. Another thing that annoys me is how difficult it is to win a set of 7 in the Super Single line. I can't hardly get any BP to get the items necessary to EV train to make my battle teams actually decent

Pickleboy
05-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Nothing in this game hasn't annoyed me too much except the new box system. I far prefer HG's.

Jessu
05-31-2011, 05:04 PM
I learned of this since I transferred over the shiny beasts and Celebi.
You can't transfer your items.
That is the one thing that annoys me the most, because I have to start from scratch as far as getting the EV items and collecting all the berries.

Another thing is the bag, how it's all disorganized. Yeah, sure, they still gave the key items, berries, and TMs/HMs their own bags, but they could have put the pokeballs in their own instead of shoving them in with the main bag. :/ I also liked organizing the items the way I wanted them instead of how the game organizes it, which is held items first in alphabetical, then random items in alphabetical, then pokeballs in alphabetical. Dx

Oh, and the ginormous level jump after the E4. I'm fine now, but holy crap, I literally had to go to a Pokemon Center after every battle/encounter.

I won't even get into the names.

I miss the item PC. I hate having to carry around EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. I. FIND.

Machampion
06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
kill all startes.

I know that some people think stocking up on revives and potions are for noobs... But actually, sometimes you just need em. Oh, How Moltres pissed me off what I was that stubborn..

Machampion
06-01-2011, 12:36 AM
The big level gap after the elite 4 was annoying, but I got over it eventually. Another thing that annoys me is how difficult it is to win a set of 7 in the Super Single line. I can't hardly get any BP to get the items necessary to EV train to make my battle teams actually decent

You either gotta have a team from the past that you carry (I kept my team for 2 gens.. From Emerald to Black.) or take it from the top and you gotta go to different locations and just deal with it, eventually you'll get strong enough and then go for their necks.

mishrashubham2007
06-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey it's the first day of Summer! Cool new looks, with the grass showing a bluish tinge instead of the spring green.
Till now, the only thing that I am disappointed with is catching pokemon. It is ridiculously easy. One thunder wave and bring it down to orange HP (yes not even red) and just throw a single pokeball; this worked even for relatively hard to catch pokemon such as pansear and Siglyph. I have caught 64 pokemon and only once was I forced to throw a second pokeball (for Sigilyph of course).