PDA

View Full Version : [DS] The Cycle: Battle Kanto

Shade
03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sure there are going to be many questions needed to be answered, so be sure to clarify things with me and ask as many questions as you want so you get things right and aren't un-sure about something.

Questions about Missions, The Final Battle, and anything else are totally welcome. I can answer anything!

- Shade

CrazyTrainer
03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey I have a question we are killing pokemons in the missions that are on the opposing team. We could use regular moves.

Shade
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey I have a question we are killing pokemons in the missions that are on the opposing team. We could use regular moves.

Yes, in the missions, you are going up against NPC's unless an opposing RP character is in the area and wants to thwart your mission progress and delay it from completion.

And by regular moves, like Fire Blast and Water Gun, stuff like that? Pokemon are meant to be able to battle. You could use those moves to wear them down, but you have to remember some types trump others. If you're water, and you constantly use Hydro Pump on a Fire Pokemon, even after it's fainted, and you go for the overkill, obviously the Pokemon will most likely die because of the pain you are inflicting upon it. The Pokemon body can only take so much.

But usually regular moves will just be used to weaken other Pokemon and using weaponry or special abilities is what REALLY gets the job done.

CrazyTrainer
03-09-2011, 10:04 PM
So the NPC are humans or pokemon.

Neo Emolga
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
So the NPC are humans or pokemon.

They're all Pokemon. The human race has been pretty much completely exterminated.

Gaby
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Given the fact that my dirty little Russian ghost is more of a supportive role than an offensive one, I assume it's alright if two Pokemon go for a mission? Seeing as I kinda wanted to go for the Saffron Assassination myself, I wanna ask before I go there with Sensa. xD Assuming, of course, Shinji doesn't mind the creepy, vodka stench of a company? :D

EDIT: ALSO, I'm getting the history done and will post as soon as I finish that and post on Merines. :3

GloryDays
03-09-2011, 11:14 PM
ALL Basic missions must be completed to advance to Secondary. A lot more missions will be available as you advance (Notice how both factions only start out with 4 mission). All Secondary Missions must be completed to advance to Faction missions, and at that point when your faction progresses past Basic and Secondary missions, you will enter the Faction category of Missions.

Lol, I was about to ask you a question about that when you edited the above in.

Aw man, I was hoping missions weren't being distributed on a graduated scale. I wanted do a long con on the Viridian City rebels via impersonation, isolation, picking them off, rinsing and repeating and hopefully learning something about the Gloss' future actions along the way, but I imagine straight up beating them into submission would be the more prudent response, since the Alliance is racing against time while the Gloss can win by timing out and I don't suspect we have a few RL days to spare for an espionage mission.

Welp, gotta find something else to accomplish.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm going with the espionage plan. It fits my character and all the other current missions, with the possible exception of Saffron's Assassination, look like they're going to culminate into a slaughterhouse, with mayhem and mass casualties on the line. This is like the one mission, currently, I can try finessing without resorting on overt aggression (forest supply would be the other one, but Shade's going in with bomber jets or something, so I imagine the subtly ship has sailed, lol.) If, at any point in time, one of my teammates feel I'm posting too slow, they can pull me out and engage the rebels. Or they can engage the rebels while I'm there.

Gaby
03-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Given the fact that my dirty little Russian ghost is more of a supportive role than an offensive one, I assume it's alright if two Pokemon go for a mission? Seeing as I kinda wanted to go for the Saffron Assassination myself, I wanna ask before I go there with Sensa. xD Assuming, of course, Shinji doesn't mind the creepy, vodka stench of a company? :D

EDIT: ALSO, I'm getting the history done and will post as soon as I finish that and post on Merines. :3
*shudder* History. Sucks. Bollocks. D: I have never been good at them, I hope you dun'mind the simple little past she has. I honestly never like histories, I always focus ont he character herself and prefer thinking of a past as I go, so I'll probably abound on it after a while. xD

Shade
03-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Lol, I was about to ask you a question about that when you edited the above in.

Aw man, I was hoping missions weren't being distributed on a graduated scale. I wanted do a long con on the Viridian City rebels via impersonation, isolation, picking them off, rinsing and repeating and hopefully learning something about the Gloss' future actions along the way, but I imagine straight up beating them into submission would be the more prudent response, since the Alliance is racing against time while the Gloss can win by timing out and I don't suspect we have a few RL days to spare for an espionage mission.

Welp, gotta find something else to accomplish.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm going with the espionage plan. It fits my character and all the other current missions, with the possible exception of Saffron's Assassination, look like they're going to culminate into a slaughterhouse, with mayhem and mass casualties on the line. This is like the one mission, currently, I can try finessing without resorting on overt aggression (forest supply would be the other one, but Shade's going in with bomber jets or something, so I imagine the subtly ship has sailed, lol.) If, at any point in time, one of my teammates feel I'm posting too slow, they can pull me out and engage the rebels. Or they can engage the rebels while I'm there.

GloryDays, what I'm flying is basically the future version of a helicopter / fighter jet. There is an image of it in the Weapons / Vehicles section of the RP if you want to check it out. It's called The Assault Fighter.

And you may do whatever missions you want, as long as they are for your faction. (You cannot do Gloss missions if you are Alliance).

*shudder* History. Sucks. Bollocks. D: I have never been good at them, I hope you dun'mind the simple little past she has. I honestly never like histories, I always focus ont he character herself and prefer thinking of a past as I go, so I'll probably abound on it after a while. xD

Everyone, please disregard all posts by CrazyTrainer, he has been removed from the Role Play.

Just for some clarification, everyone needs to read the rules. I'm not strict at all, but when it comes to lazy posting and horrible grammar / spelling / god-modding / teleportation, I will bring down the hammer upon you and call you out right away. I want to have fun and it's always easier on the RP creator to just follow the rules, which I'm sure both Neo and Gaby can agree with.

And to address your mission question, you may go on a mission with another character if you want. Just because one RP'er goes on it, doesn't mean it's only theirs to complete. The more characters on a mission, the easier the mission will be to complete.

Gaby
03-10-2011, 01:37 AM
So, is Zlov accepted, Shade? C: I know her history's sucky but I'm sure her as a character makes up for ti? ; U;

Shade
03-10-2011, 01:47 AM
So, is Zlov accepted, Shade? C: I know her history's sucky but I'm sure her as a character makes up for ti? ; U;

No, not accepted.

Lol just kidding. I accepted it a long time ago, I thought. You're good to go. It was longer than my character's sign up. Mine was just an example of what the minimal sign up needs to be.

Micro
03-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Are there going to be legendary pokemon in the RP?

Shade
03-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Are there going to be legendary pokemon in the RP?

Go over the background for the Role Play. There is some stuff about Legendary Pokemon in one of the Location descriptions...they won't really play a huge role in this first installment of the RP, but in sequels, they will be vital to either faction's success.

You may find them, and interact with them, according to the "hint" as to where the 3 Legendary birds, Mewtwo, and Mew are located. All 5 are together. The Legends prefer not to get involved for the time being...unless they are called upon.

Shinji
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Thats fine it would be more fun if Sensa did the Saffron mission with someone else.

Shade
03-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Thats fine it would be more fun if Sensa did the Saffron mission with someone else.

Yeah, so if you look at the missions and at the bottom of each one it says
"Completed by: ----- "

Whatever RP characters were involved will have their names down in the database for completing that mission. The more missions you do as a Role Player, the more experience your Character receives, thus increasing their chances to survive The Final Battle at the end of the RP.

bleepbloop
03-10-2011, 11:03 PM
whoa darn sory im a bit late, i was kinda busy with family visiting and stuffs so i couldn't get on.... hope i haven't missed much i'll get to my posting now after i catch up :>

Shade
03-10-2011, 11:15 PM
whoa darn sory im a bit late, i was kinda busy with family visiting and stuffs so i couldn't get on.... hope i haven't missed much i'll get to my posting now after i catch up :>

It's all good! Good to have you back! You haven't missed much.

bleepbloop
03-11-2011, 12:35 AM
It's all good! Good to have you back! You haven't missed much.
oh hey, i almost completely forgot about adding mazes weapon lol..... idk how that happend but i edited it into my su now... anywho Mr. Maze wants to use his ultimate Mind Crush on the traitor Agron dude, if shinji and Gaby don't mind him tagging along :]

Shade
03-11-2011, 06:06 AM
oh hey, i almost completely forgot about adding mazes weapon lol..... idk how that happend but i edited it into my su now... anywho Mr. Maze wants to use his ultimate Mind Crush on the traitor Agron dude, if shinji and Gaby don't mind him tagging along :]

It's cool bleep, and as far as who kills the disloyal Aggron, you'll have to discuss that with Gaby and Shinji and whoever else on the mission. Everyone needs to be aware though of who's on the mission so there isn't any confusion as to who kills him, and if he's actually dead, ect. Just so he doesn't die like 3 times by 3 different RP'er's lol

You can talk to them in here, or shoot them a PM. Up to you. Everyone's doing a great job though. Gloss already has 1 mission completed, thanks to HitmonFighter - he took care of those refugees.

GloryDays
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I wanted do a long con on the Viridian City rebels via impersonation, isolation, picking them off, rinsing and repeating and hopefully learning something about the Gloss' future actions along the way, but I imagine straight up beating them into submission would be the more prudent response, since the Alliance is racing against time while the Gloss can win by timing out and I don't suspect we have a few RL days to spare for an espionage mission.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm going with the espionage plan.

And nevermind again. I'll be away 'till Wednesday. :/

Short story: I have a dumb friend who I'm helping out.

Long story: One of my absent-minded friends forgot his girlfriend's birthday was right around the corner, say next Tuesday, and he stumbled upon this realization two nights ago. Luckily for him, when panic sets in, his thought immediately come up with makeshift solutions and he's fixated on playing his amnesia off as a disarming act, masking his true intent of a "surprise" concert. Now he only has to organize a concert for her. Shockingly, he's almost got everything in place--a venue to play at, a way to get her to the venue without revealing the surprise, and, most importantly, a band to play songs dedicated to her.

... Even if it is a little Frankenstein-esque (made up of people skilled in their own craft but unfamiliar with the other bandmates), it'll have to do for his impromptu "surprise" concert. He drafted me as the drummer.

For the next couple of nights, 'till the fifteenth, we're suppose to camp out in his garage to rehearse. And rehearse. And rehearse. So that's where I'll be until Wednesday (day after the concert.) Sorry, this did kind of pop up out of nowhere (it was impromptu, lol) and it's really bad to go AWOL when an RPG has a time bomb ticking, but I like this particular friend, think his girlfriend is pretty cool, and agree that she deserves something nice for her birthday, even if it's sloppily composed.

So, uh, brb till Wednesday.

Shade
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
And nevermind again. I'll be away 'till Wednesday. :/

Short story: I have a dumb friend who I'm helping out.

Long story: One of my absent-minded friends forgot his girlfriend's birthday was right around the corner, say next Tuesday, and he stumbled upon this realization two nights ago. Luckily for him, when panic sets in, his thought immediately come up with makeshift solutions and he's fixated on playing his amnesia off as a disarming act, masking his true intent of a "surprise" concert. Now he only has to organize a concert for her. Shockingly, he's almost got everything in place--a venue to play at, a way to get her to the venue without revealing the surprise, and, most importantly, a band to play songs dedicated to her.

... Even if it is a little Frankenstein-esque (made up of people skilled in their own craft but unfamiliar with the other bandmates), it'll have to do for his impromptu "surprise" concert. He drafted me as the drummer.

For the next couple of nights, 'till the fifteenth, we're suppose to camp out in his garage to rehearse. And rehearse. And rehearse. So that's where I'll be until Wednesday (day after the concert.) Sorry, this did kind of pop up out of nowhere (it was impromptu, lol) and it's really bad to go AWOL when an RPG has a time bomb ticking, but I like this particular friend, think his girlfriend is pretty cool, and agree that she deserves something nice for her birthday, even if it's sloppily composed.

So, uh, brb till Wednesday.

Lol well hopefully you guys can get it done! Good luck!

Gaby
03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I was honestly hoping for Zlov to get the kill, have her possess him while he's distracted just to show how sadistic that female dog is. xD But, Maze has my ok to kill him too, I dun'mind either way. C: Now, for Shinji's word on it. xD

Shade
03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I was honestly hoping for Zlov to get the kill, have her possess him while he's distracted just to show how sadistic that female dog is. xD But, Maze has my ok to kill him too, I dun'mind either way. C: Now, for Shinji's word on it. xD

Trust me, there will lots more missions similar to this one for both factions.

bleepbloop
03-12-2011, 02:36 AM
w00t :P ill start posting soon... anotherthing, right now due to mazes personality he's in a funny sort of mood atm and wants to scare the other members who decide to tag along with a shadow manipualtion before the battle with talone :D

Latisiblings
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Is it possible for a character to switch alliances during the RP? If so, what happens if the character stated has already completed a mission for the other faction? Does that still help the character for the final battle?

Shade
03-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Is it possible for a character to switch alliances during the RP? If so, what happens if the character stated has already completed a mission for the other faction? Does that still help the character for the final battle?

It is possible. But the process shouldn't be quick and easy like, "I think I'm going to be Alliance now. Screw the Gloss." That would be unacceptable. And there is no changing factions after the Secondary Missions tier - just so people don't join the faction that has been having the most success in hopes of "winning" the RP and surviving the Final Battle.

If you do switch before the Secondary Missions tier ends for either faction, the missions you have already participated in will just count as experience - experience that you have had in the face of death. The more detailed posts and descriptions will earn you a better chance - short, easy posts to complete missions just make the mission seem like a piece of cake and will not benefit your character much for the end game.

Right now, both factions are pretty even, and there should be no reason for changing factions this early until we get to the Secondary Missions tier.

Shade
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
BTW, everyone-

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled in about 2 hours. Therefore, from what I've heard, I may be out for a little bit. Hopefully I can come to my senses. I'll have lots of time to RP the next couple days, but I will not be on PE2K for a while today (Maybe not once today). I will answer any questions you may have when I return and continue role playing.

You guys are all free to keep going, of course. And if you happen to complete any missions today, just shoot me a PM letting me know, with a detailed description of how it was done.

Thanks,
Shade

Latisiblings
03-13-2011, 03:42 AM
It is possible. But the process shouldn't be quick and easy like, "I think I'm going to be Alliance now. Screw the Gloss." That would be unacceptable. And there is no changing factions after the Secondary Missions tier - just so people don't join the faction that has been having the most success in hopes of "winning" the RP and surviving the Final Battle.

If you do switch before the Secondary Missions tier ends for either faction, the missions you have already participated in will just count as experience - experience that you have had in the face of death. The more detailed posts and descriptions will earn you a better chance - short, easy posts to complete missions just make the mission seem like a piece of cake and will not benefit your character much for the end game.

Right now, both factions are pretty even, and there should be no reason for changing factions this early until we get to the Secondary Missions tier.

Aha, thanks. And I never thought of it being as easy as that. Oh, and you said that you can't change factions after the Secondary Missions tier, yet later on you stated there should be no reason to change until the Secondary Missions tier. Can you clarify me on that?

Shade
03-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Aha, thanks. And I never thought of it being as easy as that. Oh, and you said that you can't change factions after the Secondary Missions tier, yet later on you stated there should be no reason to change until the Secondary Missions tier. Can you clarify me on that?

The secondary missions tier will take up a lot of time or both factions. I was just saying that just in case you were considering switching now that we are still in Basic.

You just signed up as well. And you should stick with the faction that you picked in the beginning.

Latisiblings
03-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Aha, thanks for clearing that up. And I never intended to switch him so early, just so you know...

Shade
03-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Aha, thanks for clearing that up. And I never intended to switch him so early, just so you know...

Ok sorry haha my mistake. I'm a little out of it, just got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning. I hope you're enjoying the RP!

Latisiblings
03-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok sorry haha my mistake. I'm a little out of it, just got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning. I hope you're enjoying the RP!

No problem. And I am definitely enjoying the RP! :razz:

Shade
03-13-2011, 03:36 PM
No problem. And I am definitely enjoying the RP! :razz:

Sweet. Boy, you guys may think this one is sick, but wait til I reveal Battle: Johto, the sequel.

Basically, it's 10x more epic than this.

bleepbloop
03-13-2011, 10:38 PM
sounds sweet gloss peeps need more members :< thenagain we have 2 ghosts who can both posses and entertain a complete hynosis into their enemies so alls good i guess :P

Shade
03-13-2011, 10:47 PM
sounds sweet gloss peeps need more members :< thenagain we have 2 ghosts who can both posses and entertain a complete hynosis into their enemies so alls good i guess :P

Some of the Alliance characters are inactive so the fight is pretty much even for now.

Latisiblings
03-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Some of the Alliance characters are inactive so the fight is pretty much even for now.

Yeah, agreed. I think the RP has been slowed down after the first few days. People should try posting more often.

Shade
03-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah, agreed. I think the RP has been slowed down after the first few days. People should try posting more often.

I think we're okay. We have people signing up everyday and I think things will get better.

Latisiblings
03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I think we're okay. We have people signing up everyday and I think things will get better.

Ah, I suppose you have a point, there. I've just seen too many RPs get overhyped on the first days, then just die out of inactivity.

Shade
03-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Ah, I suppose you have a point, there. I've just seen too many RPs get overhyped on the first days, then just die out of inactivity.

Well there's no way I'm letting this one die. Lots of people are still posting right now. Those who consistently post will just be the more important characters of the RP. :)

bleepbloop
03-13-2011, 11:15 PM
same here, and i don't want that to happen to this :<

Shade
03-13-2011, 11:22 PM
same here, and i don't want that to happen to this :<

It won't! Just as long as everyone posts as much as they can. It will get interesting. People are probably just busy at the moment.

RocketMeowth
03-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Say, I have a question. The position I have Coin in right now, would it be possible to make an evil clone of him to use for the evil side? It could be interesting from my point of view, but I need to know if you'd allow it?

If so, does that mean he'd need a profile made? He'd be Coin in every way, just his history would be that he was made in Lady Orion's Psychic Institute in Saffron City.

=^^= Nya

Shade
03-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Say, I have a question. The position I have Coin in right now, would it be possible to make an evil clone of him to use for the evil side? It could be interesting from my point of view, but I need to know if you'd allow it?

If so, does that mean he'd need a profile made? He'd be Coin in every way, just his history would be that he was made in Lady Orion's Psychic Institute in Saffron City.

=^^= Nya

Yes, that is allowed. And yes, if you wish to do that, you must make a profile for him. Obviously, he will have no history because he is a newly constructed clone. But personality and appearance and weaponry - all the other sections must be filled out in their unique way.

Just sign him up once he is introduced in your story and you will be allowed to play as 2 characters.

RocketMeowth
03-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Yes, that is allowed. And yes, if you wish to do that, you must make a profile for him. Obviously, he will have no history because he is a newly constructed clone. But personality and appearance and weaponry - all the other sections must be filled out in their unique way.

Just sign him up once he is introduced in your story and you will be allowed to play as 2 characters.

Awesome! Thanks. And lol, I think Lady Orion will be a main random character. I like her and seeing an evil Gardevoir is something I dont think is done much. I mean, she'll be in charge of the clone so yeah, =P.

I'll make a profile for her as well if you need. Wait... that may be too many characters. *goes to check rules again to see if there is a limit on characters one can have*

=^^= Nya

Shade
03-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Awesome! Thanks. And lol, I think Lady Orion will be a main random character. I like her and seeing an evil Gardevoir is something I dont think is done much. I mean, she'll be in charge of the clone so yeah, =P.

I'll make a profile for her as well if you need. Wait... that may be too many characters. *goes to check rules again to see if there is a limit on characters one can have*

=^^= Nya

Just make her an NPC. 2 characters is enough. People sometimes bite of more than they can chew in Role Plays and make the mistake of making too many characters, but becoming inactive due to the work load they must put forth in order to keep all their characters intact with the story.

RocketMeowth
03-14-2011, 04:31 AM
I figured she should be an NPC. And haha, I have 30 characters at one site that I play all at once. It's pretty intense. But yeah, I figured I'd just make her an NPC unless you said otherwise.

=^^= Nya

Shade
03-14-2011, 05:26 AM
I figured she should be an NPC. And haha, I have 30 characters at one site that I play all at once. It's pretty intense. But yeah, I figured I'd just make her an NPC unless you said otherwise.

=^^= Nya

Yeah I understand you are very talented. Haha.

bleepbloop
03-14-2011, 08:38 PM

=^^= Nya
30 o>O wow that's alot lol, i can hardly handle two lol.... anywho i just made a urpg story for the most epik poke out there MAGIKARP!! :P

Shade
03-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Question...would anyone here read a fan fiction of this Role Play if I wrote one? I've been thinking about it. And it would definitely be helpful to understand the story for later sequels.

Anyone want me to do it?

bleepbloop
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
i wouldn't mind, would our current characters be in it? that would be pretty cool :> anyways im always up for a new fanfic....

Shade
03-14-2011, 09:14 PM
i wouldn't mind, would our current characters be in it? that would be pretty cool :> anyways im always up for a new fanfic....

Well after this RP or maybe after the first sequel is when I would do it. Those who have made a big impact on the story would be included - those who are active in the Role Play.

bleepbloop
03-14-2011, 09:52 PM
sounds like fun :P well, ill get to posting.... after i grab some grubb, im hungery @>@

RocketMeowth
03-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I'd probably read it. I'd be a slow reader, but it'd be interesting. Hehe.

=^^= Nya

Latio-Nytro
03-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Question: If anyone's read from my last post, you should have guessed that Fluix will be partnered up with Mew by the end of his time in Victory Road. However, does this mean I could post an SU for Mew for the sequal (Battle: Johto)?

I can live with it if it's a 'no'.

bleepbloop
03-17-2011, 11:35 PM
hey does any one know where Gabbys been? he's been kinda leaving me hangin.....

Gaby
03-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry, mate! Dx Sometihng in school came up and I was left without ability to post for a while... BUT I'M BACK NOW AND TYPING AS WE SPEAK! 8D

bleepbloop
03-18-2011, 10:59 PM
awesome np school stuffs sux >.< anywho ill be gone most of tomorrow just so y'alls know..... anywho ill be posting as soon as i get the chance frikken busy as hell today lol...

Velocity
03-22-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm about to join. I have less than ten days until the final battle. Does my late joining mean that I'm likelier to die than, say, Neo Pikachu or whoever?

bleepbloop
03-23-2011, 05:52 AM
not that i know of..... there's still the sequals and stuffs