PDA

View Full Version : ASB Discussion and Suggestions

paperfairy
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Come here to talk/complain about just about anything regarding ASB. Questions shouldn't be asked here.

Suggestions are welcome! :D

So I guess I'll start it off: what do you all think?

Dino
03-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I think you did a very good job with this. ;)

One suggestion I would make is this.
Perhaps we could come up with a way in which the trainers battling did the roleplay, instead of the ref typing it up. I don't know how this would go about, but it might provide a fun option for those of which would want to.

Lord Fedora
03-10-2011, 08:21 PM

Perhaps we could come up with a way in which the trainers battling did the roleplay, instead of the ref typing it up. I don't know how this would go about, but it might provide a fun option for those of which would want to.

We attempted that in the Old ASB for a while to counteract ref laziness. It's worth considering as something for actual fun instead, but figuring out how to do it with ref intervention and not disrupting the flow that makes a good Roleplay good would be the primary problem.

MuddyMudkip
03-10-2011, 11:36 PM

I was just about to suggest this as well. But, I'm talking about safari zone, not battles. Battles are just fine :)

The trainer could roleplay what his/her Pokemon would like to do, and add some extra stuff here and there. Then, the ref/ranger would type up what happens exactly in the battle, based on what the trainers want specifically. You see, if the trainers roleplay it out, the refs/rangers would know what the trainer wants his/her Pokemon to do. It would be kind of hard to know what the trainer wants exactly, especially if he/she tries to do combos.

Also, perhaps, if the trainer really puts some effort into roleplaying, he/she could get some kind of reward--like increase in chance of capture/more damage done to the wild Pokemon, etc.. The only restriction is, the trainers are not allowed to say if the attacks hit or not, they can't also say if the Pokeball captured the Pokemon or not. Speaking of throwing balls, that reminds me of the options. Maybe the ranger could roleplay that out as well, if he/she wants (like it could give them a small bonus or something).

I have another suggestion. How about some contests? As in Coordinator contests?

Thank you for listening!

Lord Fedora
03-11-2011, 12:48 AM
I have another suggestion. How about some contests? As in Coordinator contests?

Thank you for listening!

k I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there: Contests will be coming back. I was and remain the Contest Head, and will be working fervently to retool the Contest section. However, it wasn't ready for the main ASB release, and probably still won't be for a few months.

eishiba
03-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Suggestion. I noticed in the "Compendium" of all Pokemon All except speed is set with a number 1-5. I might suggest breaking that up to 1-10 or something cause while glancing through I noticed many evolutions who do not gain any advancement with only 5 categories. I'm guessing it was something like a stat of 1-50 was considered a 1 and 51-100 was 2, going up to 300+ was 5 or something like that. By changing each stat(attack defense and sp. atk and sp. def) I was thinking it would keep whatever system your refs are using to determine damage set for the most part. I'm just thinking out loud though.

paperfairy
03-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Suggestion. I noticed in the "Compendium" of all Pokemon All except speed is set with a number 1-5. I might suggest breaking that up to 1-10 or something cause while glancing through I noticed many evolutions who do not gain any advancement with only 5 categories. I'm guessing it was something like a stat of 1-50 was considered a 1 and 51-100 was 2, going up to 300+ was 5 or something like that. By changing each stat(attack defense and sp. atk and sp. def) I was thinking it would keep whatever system your refs are using to determine damage set for the most part. I'm just thinking out loud though.
you're not the first to think about this! we're definitely working on something behind the scenes. ^_^ thanks

eishiba
03-14-2011, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't mind helping if there was anything I could do.
I might suggest more refs to lol. There is about 20 threads of open battles waiting.

Lord Fedora
03-14-2011, 08:08 AM
I wouldn't mind helping if there was anything I could do.
I might suggest more refs to lol. There is about 20 threads of open battles waiting.

Actually there are 6, and I'm going to be going into heavy duty reffing mode this week to pick that up. But we can't actually control the number of refs beyond passing more people, and as it stands we're already passing everyone who doesn't seriously screw up.

eishiba
03-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Actually there are 6, and I'm going to be going into heavy duty reffing mode this week to pick that up. But we can't actually control the number of refs beyond passing more people, and as it stands we're already passing everyone who doesn't seriously screw up.

I'm just throwing ideas out so if I start sounding like a drill sergeant I apologize in advance. For some reason I thought there was like a bunch of refs. Makes sense as to why none of the battles were getting replied to. I also noticed some people have started more than two or three separate battles. Myself included. But it might make it a little easier on the refs if everyone was restricted to no more than two separate battles and the refs 3 month time frame to make a ref call be change to like once every four days or a week at the most. Maybe they wouldn't have to go through all of the battles waiting but atleast to have a good dent put in them so as to take some load off everyone else. After a month of not posting as a ref, they won't even be remembered, let alone 3 lol. I'm not trying to offend no one but if one doesn't have easy access to a computer then they really won't be very beneficial to the cause here. I imagine this will get pretty big anyways cause its a cross between anime battling and roleplay/story writing. I have even cut time on my own forum as a mod to do this. lol

Lord Fedora
03-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm just throwing ideas out so if I start sounding like a drill sergeant I apologize in advance. For some reason I thought there was like a bunch of refs. Makes sense as to why none of the battles were getting replied to. I also noticed some people have started more than two or three separate battles. Myself included. But it might make it a little easier on the refs if everyone was restricted to no more than two separate battles and the refs 3 month time frame to make a ref call be change to like once every four days or a week at the most. Maybe they wouldn't have to go through all of the battles waiting but atleast to have a good dent put in them so as to take some load off everyone else. After a month of not posting as a ref, they won't even be remembered, let alone 3 lol. I'm not trying to offend no one but if one doesn't have easy access to a computer then they really won't be very beneficial to the cause here. I imagine this will get pretty big anyways cause its a cross between anime battling and roleplay/story writing. I have even cut time on my own forum as a mod to do this. lol

Okay, let's be clear here. Battles are being reffed. I don't know where your getting this idea that "none of the battles are being replied to" because they are, and even a cursory readthrough of the currently active battles shows that.

Furthermore, we're not going to reduce the time to a week. This is not a career, it's not a job, it's a fun thing for people to do for fake money. In fact, I'm fairly certain the only reason we fire anyone after three months in the first place is just to keep the list from being cluttered by inactive refs. If a person doesn't ref during a week, they're not paid. That's more than enough.

My suggestion to you is to learn to exercise patience. We're brand new, we're only just starting to get refs together, of course we're going to be a bit slow getting off the ground. Literally no one else is complaining but you.

Iridium
03-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Adding on to that, you're not going to get extremely fast battles in the ASB. It takes time, and it's a lot better than what we had before...

Master Zorua
03-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I would like to suggest a fifth option in Safari zone: Giving the trainer the chance to 'Interact' with a wild Pokemon and try to win it's trust/affection, perhaps giving it an item or berry.

3m0d0ll
03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I would like to suggest a fifth option in Safari zone: Giving the trainer the chance to 'Interact' with a wild Pokemon and try to win it's trust/affection, perhaps giving it an item or berry.

We (Officials) will talk about it a bit behind the scenes to see if it can work and to bug out all the kinks, etc. It's an interesting idea, I might add...

NES2
03-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Most people seem to have not noticed, but the ASB Off-Track Betting System is now up and functional. We've got plently of battles to wager on right now, and I try to update daily. So, come on down guys and try it out.

Also, this is the only time I'll talk about my business here, because the only reason I'm writing is to alert people of the business's presence.

Anyways, I had wanted to ask if there's a business limit, because I want to do two things.

A. Have a backup business in case the ASB OTBS doesn't work out.

B. Introduce a new concept to ASB. (It's a secret!)

Lord Fedora
03-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Most people seem to have not noticed, but the ASB Off-Track Betting System is now up and functional. We've got plently of battles to wager on right now, and I try to update daily. So, come on down guys and try it out.

Also, this is the only time I'll talk about my business here, because the only reason I'm writing is to alert people of the business's presence.

Anyways, I had wanted to ask if there's a business limit, because I want to do two things.

A. Have a backup business in case the ASB OTBS doesn't work out.

B. Introduce a new concept to ASB. (It's a secret!)
There isn't an official one, although the more businesses you have, the less likely we are to approve.

IceKyurem
03-19-2011, 05:09 PM
I think we should be able to get Pokemon without spending ASBL cash. However, I don't mean get them without any work, because that would be unfair.

I was thinking maybe obtaining a Pokemon egg, and after participating/winning in a certain amount of battles, the egg hatches. Or something else, maybe writing stories that feature the Pokemon/writing battle scenarios involving the Pokemon. There would have to be limitations, for example: you can only have 1 egg at a time.

Lord Fedora
03-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I think we should be able to get Pokemon without spending ASBL cash. However, I don't mean get them without any work, because that would be unfair.

I was thinking maybe obtaining a Pokemon egg, and after participating/winning in a certain amount of battles, the egg hatches. Or something else, maybe writing stories that feature the Pokemon/writing battle scenarios involving the Pokemon. There would have to be limitations, for example: you can only have 1 egg at a time.

How would you go about obtaining a Pokemon egg, then? We're not going to use story capturing, we're not URPG, but if you can work out a decent way for these no-cost Pokemon eggs we'll look into it.

IceKyurem
03-19-2011, 09:03 PM
We're not going to use story capturing, we're not URPGURPG had contests, and I'm pretty sure that ASBL had them too before. Also, I'm just guessing this, but didn't URPG before ASBL did?

Also, I'm going to start working on a way to implement Pokemon eggs, in the hopes my idea will get implemented.

3m0d0ll
03-19-2011, 09:12 PM
URPG had contests, and I'm pretty sure that ASBL had them too before. Also, I'm just guessing this, but didn't URPG before ASBL did?

Also, I'm going to start working on a way to implement Pokemon eggs, in the hopes my idea will get implemented.

ASB does have contests, but their structure is under construction and we expect them to be released soon! :D

And yes - try to find a way to introduce and incorporate eggs and post what you've come up with! I'm interested in seeing what you think up :)

Lord Fedora
03-19-2011, 10:36 PM
URPG had contests, and I'm pretty sure that ASBL had them too before. Also, I'm just guessing this, but didn't URPG before ASBL did?

ASBL's Contest structure was completely unique from URPG, and the idea was not pretty much yoinked from URPG, but inspired by the existence of Contests in the anime, and a desire to express that creative spark that anime coordinators had that battles simply could not satisfy. Not comparable.

IceKyurem
03-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Why I think eggs should be implemented:
Without eggs, there would not be Pokemon. And Pokemon are in the ASBL, so why are there no eggs? Unless the Pokemon just magically appear, which is very unlikely.

So, my idea is to implement eggs into the ASBL.

How would you get an egg?
Version 1
There would be a thread with different types of eggs listed on the first post. You would get an egg by posting that you want an egg of a specific type, and then you would have it. The Pokemon hatched from the egg would be random, but of that specific type.

Version 2
Where do eggs come from? Breeding, of course! So, you can get an egg by breeding your Pokemon. You would post the two Pokemon you want to breed in a Daycare thread, and after they have been approved (for being in the same egg group and opposite genders), your Pokemon would go into the Daycare. Every battle command you post, your Pokemon will have a chance (undecided) of being found with an egg. The egg will be the species of the female Pokemon. If an egg is bred, it has the egg moves it would know in the games.

How would you hatch an egg?
As we all know, eggs hatch by being brought around with energetic Pokemon. So, the closest thing to being brought around with energetic Pokemon. The closest thing to that in the ASBL is watching energetic Pokemon battle. Egg Cycles pass when a command is given.

For example, Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 2/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would only have 1/21 Egg Cycle.

Let's take that same trainer and egg and the situation that both Tackles hit. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle, and both hit. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles from last round missed, but both from this round hit, the egg would have 3/21 Egg Cycles. If a Tackle from each round missed, the egg would only have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Or, if the ASBL Officals/Mods think its better, each command would count for 2 Egg Cycles.

If a command equaled 2 Egg Cycles, the above situation would be like this:
Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Let's take that same trainer and egg. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 8/21 Egg Cycles, assuming all of the Tackles hit. If one of the four Tackles miss, the egg would have 6/21 Egg Cycles. If two of the four Tackles missed, the egg would have 4/21 Egg Cycles.

Remember, commands are fine for hatching an egg no matter if they are in the Battles or the Safari Zone. But, commands in the Safari Zone only count if they are battle commands. 'Gyarados, Aqua Tail on that Relicanth' would count, but not 'Check out the rustling bush'.

Registering Hatched Pokemon
Once you have accumulated enough commands to hatch your egg, you may post the links to the Referee's posts in a Hatching thread. An Offical/Moderator would approve the hatching if all of the links were valid, or disapprove the hatching if one of the command posts wasn't valid. If approved, the Mod/Offical would tell you what Pokemon it hatched into, the gender of that Pokemon and if it's shiny or not.

How to make a command post valid
Battlers
If you make a command post while you have an egg in your possesion, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has before your Pokemon uses the actions in your post.

Referees/Rangers
If a trainer you are posting a round for owns a Pokemon egg, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has at the end of your post.

Extra Egg Cycles
If each command counts for two Egg Cycles, what will happen if the Egg Cycle is overpassed? For example, Trainer A has a Charmander egg with 20/21 Egg Cycles. Trainer A commands two Tackles, and they both hit. The Egg now has 22/21 Egg Cycles. The extra Egg Cycle could be distributed onto the next egg Trainer A obtains. So, that's my idea for eggs in the ASBL. I think I've mentioned every thing that needs to be mentioned. So, opinions, ASB Mods/ Officals?

EDIT: A convienient list of Pokemon and their egg cycles. (Bulbapedia) (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_cycles)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASBL's Contest structure was completely unique from URPG, and the idea was not pretty much yoinked from URPG, but inspired by the existence of Contests in the anime, and a desire to express that creative spark that anime coordinators had that battles simply could not satisfy. Not comparable.Oh. Guess that's OK, then.

3m0d0ll
03-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Why I think eggs should be implemented:
Without eggs, there would not be Pokemon. And Pokemon are in the ASBL, so why are there no eggs? Unless the Pokemon just magically appear, which is very unlikely.

So, my idea is to implement eggs into the ASBL.

How would you get an egg?
Version 1
There would be a thread with different types of eggs listed on the first post. You would get an egg by posting that you want an egg of a specific type, and then you would have it. The Pokemon hatched from the egg would be random, but of that specific type.

Version 2
Where do eggs come from? Breeding, of course! So, you can get an egg by breeding your Pokemon. You would post the two Pokemon you want to breed in a Daycare thread, and after they have been approved (for being in the same egg group and opposite genders), your Pokemon would go into the Daycare. Every battle command you post, your Pokemon will have a chance (undecided) of being found with an egg. The egg will be the species of the female Pokemon. If an egg is bred, it has the egg moves it would know in the games.

How would you hatch an egg?
As we all know, eggs hatch by being brought around with energetic Pokemon. So, the closest thing to being brought around with energetic Pokemon. The closest thing to that in the ASBL is watching energetic Pokemon battle. Egg Cycles pass when a command is given.

For example, Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 2/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would only have 1/21 Egg Cycle.

Let's take that same trainer and egg and the situation that both Tackles hit. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle, and both hit. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles from last round missed, but both from this round hit, the egg would have 3/21 Egg Cycles. If a Tackle from each round missed, the egg would only have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Or, if the ASBL Officals/Mods think its better, each command would count for 2 Egg Cycles.

If a command equaled 2 Egg Cycles, the above situation would be like this:
Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Let's take that same trainer and egg. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 8/21 Egg Cycles, assuming all of the Tackles hit. If one of the four Tackles miss, the egg would have 6/21 Egg Cycles. If two of the four Tackles missed, the egg would have 4/21 Egg Cycles.

Remember, commands are fine for hatching an egg no matter if they are in the Battles or the Safari Zone. But, commands in the Safari Zone only count if they are battle commands. 'Gyarados, Aqua Tail on that Relicanth' would count, but not 'Check out the rustling bush'.

Registering Hatched Pokemon
Once you have accumulated enough commands to hatch your egg, you may post the links to the Referee's posts in a Hatching thread. An Offical/Moderator would approve the hatching if all of the links were valid, or disapprove the hatching if one of the command posts wasn't valid. If approved, the Mod/Offical would tell you what Pokemon it hatched into, the gender of that Pokemon and if it's shiny or not.

How to make a command post valid
Battlers
If you make a command post while you have an egg in your possesion, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has before your Pokemon uses the actions in your post.

Referees/Rangers
If a trainer you are posting a round for owns a Pokemon egg, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has at the end of your post.

Extra Egg Cycles
If each command counts for two Egg Cycles, what will happen if the Egg Cycle is overpassed? For example, Trainer A has a Charmander egg with 20/21 Egg Cycles. Trainer A commands two Tackles, and they both hit. The Egg now has 22/21 Egg Cycles. The extra Egg Cycle could be distributed onto the next egg Trainer A obtains. So, that's my idea for eggs in the ASBL. I think I've mentioned every thing that needs to be mentioned. So, opinions, ASB Mods/ Officals?

EDIT: A convienient list of Pokemon and their egg cycles. (Bulbapedia) (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_cycles)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh. Guess that's OK, then.

Post that here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111441), instead, okay?

IceKyurem
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
My suggestion is lowering Magikarp's price in the Adoption Center. It's Ł1 less than Dratini, which is a very useful, rare and powerful Pokemon, but Magikarp's an almost-useless, weak and common fish! Can someone please explain the logic behind this to me?

3m0d0ll
03-22-2011, 06:05 PM
My suggestion is lowering Magikarp's price in the Adoption Center. It's Ł1 less than Dratini, which is a very useful, rare and powerful Pokemon, but Magikarp's an almost-useless, weak and common fish! Can someone please explain the logic behind this to me?

*throws Paperfairy under the bus*
The prices are based off of a Pokemon's final evolutions' (in this case, Gyrados) stats. So since Gyrados is STAT BOSS, Magikarp is rather expensive ^_^;

paperfairy
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
And for the record, Gyarados is almost, in every way, better than Dragonite - perhaps Magikarp's price should be *raised*? :P

KantoBreeder
04-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd like to suggest a battler's league table, sort of like there was in the old ASB. I'm currently working out categories and things like that but I'll wait until I hear other people's thoughts about it before I start to lay out anything formal.

paperfairy
04-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't see a problem with it - I'm too lazy to do such a thing, but if you set it up and keep upkeep every week, I'm sure we could pay you... or something.

KantoBreeder
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Okay, here's the draft form for the thread. I'll leave it here for you to look over and criticize. Also, it might look better with a banner so there could be a competition to find one.

The ASB Battler’s League
Here at the Battler's league, we keep a record of each trainer, their wins and their losses. This data is used to score each trainer with a points total, which is stored in a chart. In this way, the best trainers in the ASB can be found easily and may even be rewarded for their skill.

The Rules
You are added to the list once you have completed 1 battle
Ties are broken based on how many pokémon each player has defeated minus the number of pokémon they have lost.
>If there is still a tie then the winner will be the one with the least completed battles.

The Points System
You gain 4 points if you win a Gym battle as the Challenger
You gain 3 points if you win an ordinary battle
You gain 2 points if you draw in a battle
You gain 2 points if you win a Gym battle as the Leader
You gain 0 points if you lose a battle
You gain 1 point if you win a battle by disqualification
You lose 1 point if you lose a battle by disqualification

All Time
[Link to spreadsheet]

This Month
[Link to spreadsheet]

Hall of Fame
Will be added

Prizes
Whenever a new leader in points is crowned, one of the following prizes is chosen at random:

- 10% discount on all Downtown threads (does not stack with other discounts)
- +3 dollars at the end of every battle, regardless of result
- Shinification of one Pokémon (only valid once per account, if they get this again, then just roll again)
- 1 Free Safari Run

paperfairy
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Okay, here's the draft form for the thread. I'll leave it here for you to look over and criticize. Also, it might look better with a banner so there could be a competition to find one.

The ASB Battler’s League
Here at the Battler's league, we keep a record of each trainer, their wins and their losses. This data is used to score each trainer with a points total, which is stored in a chart. In this way, the best trainers in the ASB can be found easily and may even be rewarded for their skill.

The Rules
Ties are broken based on how many pokémon each player has defeated minus the number of pokémon they have lost.
>If there is still a tie then the winner will be the one with the least completed battles.
Gym battles do not count towards this league.

The Points System
You gain 3 points if you win a battle

All Time
Name--------------Points
Hitmonfighter-----5
Supremist Rain---3
Paperfairy---------3
eishiba------------3
aeoneeveemoon-2
Dark Moonlight---2
Raven X----------2
Pyroboy-----------1
Silver Slasher----1
Tokyokit----------1
Saraibre Ryu-----1
Lord Khajmer----1
SLCalamity-------1
KantoBreeder----0
Ice Kyurem------1
Rival Silver------1
70holic-----------1
Elecii-------------1
gmandiddy------1
MuddyMudkip----1
cats715----------1
MCSmith---------1
Team Razor-----1
Niall--------------2
Osha-WHAT-----2

This Month
None

Prizes
(Note: This section is totally flexible and is only a few rough ideas about what could be offered.)
The battler with the most points on the last day of the month will win a baby/basic pokémon of their choice.
Twice a year (the 6th of March and the birthday of the PE2KASB) there will be a special prize giving. Prizes for these will be revealed closer to the events and will be given out based on the “All Time” results.
Why don't Gym Battles count?

KantoBreeder
05-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Why don't Gym Battles count?
Because there will be Gyms where it will be easier for the Gym Leader to win whereas in the normal battle section each trainer supposedly has an equal chance of winning. If Gym Battles did count then, in my opinion, Gym Leaders shouldn't get points for winning so I decided that it would be a little fairer if neither battler got points for a Gym Battle. It's up to you in the end though.

SLC
05-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Because there will be Gyms where it will be easier for the Gym Leader to win whereas in the normal battle section each trainer supposedly has an equal chance of winning. If Gym Battles did count then, in my opinion, Gym Leaders shouldn't get points for winning so I decided that it would be a little fairer if neither battler got points for a Gym Battle. It's up to you in the end though.

Surely the challenger has more chance - though the leaders are more experienced, they have to use a set selection of Pokémon. Like in the games, you'd have a major advantage over Brock if you had chosen Bulbasaur, and caught Nidoran and Mankey.

Fushigidane
05-01-2011, 12:57 PM

The ASB Battler’s League

The Rules

The Points System

All Time
Name--------------Points
Hitmonfighter-----5
Supremist Rain---3
Paperfairy---------3
eishiba------------3
aeoneeveemoon-2
Dark Moonlight---2
Raven X----------2
Pyroboy-----------1
Silver Slasher----1
Tokyokit----------1
Saraibre Ryu-----1
Lord Khajmer----1
SLCalamity-------1
KantoBreeder----0
Ice Kyurem------1
Rival Silver------1
70holic-----------1
Elecii-------------1
gmandiddy------1
MuddyMudkip----1
cats715----------1
MCSmith---------1
Team Razor-----1
Niall--------------2
Osha-WHAT-----2

This Month
None

Prizes
(Note: This section is totally flexible and is only a few rough ideas about what could be offered.)
The battler with the most points on the last day of the month will win a baby/basic pokémon of their choice.
Twice a year (the 6th of March and the birthday of the PE2KASB) there will be a special prize giving. Prizes for these will be revealed closer to the events and will be given out based on the “All Time” results.
I like this idea. And about that, SLC, gym leaders aren't just one type (unless you're Khajmer), so it isn't as easy.

SLC
05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I like this idea. And about that, SLC, gym leaders aren't just one type (unless you're Khajmer), so it isn't as easy.

Yes, I know, but still. You can research a gym leaders team and buy Pokémon to counter each and everyone of their Pokémon if you wanted, but its much harder for a gym leader to do the same.

KantoBreeder
05-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, I know, but still. You can research a gym leaders team and buy Pokémon to counter each and everyone of their Pokémon if you wanted, but its much harder for a gym leader to do the same.
Whichever way you look at it, it's still not entirely fair for either side to get points, is it?

paperfairy
05-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Gym Battles are definitely tilted in the Leader's favor because they can choose from an unlimited pool of Pokémon AND the arena is of their choosing.

KantoBreeder
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
So, am I free to post the thread?

paperfairy
05-02-2011, 07:46 PM
You have a yes from me, but I would personally wait for 3m0 (who can't get online), Iridium (who has finals), and Khajmer (who also has finals).

Patience dude. >_<

Velocity
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
DOUBLE BATTLES

I open up a random battle and I see a Double Battle and I go FFFFFF NO WAY. Not gonna bother.
And yet, I think, 'Man, if I got more cash, I would SO do it. I'd SO ref that double battle. I'd REF ITS SOCKS RIGHT OFF.'

So what I was thinking is that we should get paid more for double battles. Like, $10 for Senior Refs and $8 for Junior Refs. Because it's two sets of two Pokemon fighting - essentially, two plain rounds. Iduk, I'm not a mod (LOL, me as a mod. That would be like putting a chimpanzee in the White House) so I can't set the pay. But whatever. I think we should have more money for them. Any excuse for more cash. c:

3m0d0ll
06-02-2011, 11:32 PM
So, am I free to post the thread?

Green light from me. And about the "Gym Battles are in the Leaders favor." thing. Well, not mine! I've set mine up so it's a challenge for me. :3 Several different possible arena, which aid some of my Pokemon and harm others (i.e. the pool section of my arena where my Water-type Pokemon have the upper hand and m Fire-types are at a disadvantage). It all depends on how the Leader set it up during Registration. :)

DOUBLE BATTLES

I open up a random battle and I see a Double Battle and I go FFFFFF NO WAY. Not gonna bother.
And yet, I think, 'Man, if I got more cash, I would SO do it. I'd SO ref that double battle. I'd REF ITS SOCKS RIGHT OFF.'

So what I was thinking is that we should get paid more for double battles. Like, $10 for Senior Refs and $8 for Junior Refs. Because it's two sets of two Pokemon fighting - essentially, two plain rounds. Iduk, I'm not a mod (LOL, me as a mod. That would be like putting a chimpanzee in the White House) so I can't set the pay. But whatever. I think we should have more money for them. Any excuse for more cash. c:

Sure. Pay is doubled. So if a Senior Ref Reffs three Rounds of a Double battle, they receive $30 ($10+$10+$10) rather than $20. If a Jr. Ref Reffs three Double battle Rounds, then they receive $21 ($5+$8+$8) instead of $13. Catch my drift?

Velocity
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Green light from me. And about the "Gym Battles are in the Leaders favor." thing. Well, not mine! I've set mine up so it's a challenge for me. :3 Several different possible arena, which aid some of my Pokemon and harm others (i.e. the pool section of my arena where my Water-type Pokemon have the upper hand and m Fire-types are at a disadvantage). It all depends on how the Leader set it up during Registration. :)

Sure. Pay is doubled. So if a Senior Ref Reffs three Rounds of a Double battle, they receive $30 ($10+$10+$10) rather than $20. If a Jr. Ref Reffs three Double battle Rounds, then they receive $21 ($5+$8+$8) instead of $13. Catch my drift?

It is? :O
-runs off to ref some double battles-

3m0d0ll
06-03-2011, 12:52 AM
It is? :O
-runs off to ref some double battles-

It has to get Approved by the other Officials, first! XD Though I doubt they'll say no. Just wait for their Approval, okay? :B Just in case so you don't waste you're time~

paperfairy
06-03-2011, 12:54 AM
It has to get Approved by the other Officials, first! XD Though I doubt they'll say no. Just wait for their Approval, okay? :B Just in case so you don't waste you're time~

Green light from me, you'll need one more.

Velocity
06-03-2011, 02:55 AM
EARTHQUAKE. I just realized that it makes no freaking sense.

Let's say you have mud in your eyes. Does the mud in your eyes really make a difference who gets hit when you shake the entire freaking floor?

I don't think so.

So.

I think maybe EQ would be different? And if this post belongs in Q + A please tell me. Aeon = tired.

Saraibre Ryu
06-03-2011, 05:11 AM
[INDENT]Sure. Pay is doubled. So if a Senior Ref Reffs three Rounds of a Double battle, they receive $30 ($10+$10+$10) rather than $20. If a Jr. Ref Reffs three Double battle Rounds, then they receive $21 ($5+$8+$8) instead of $13. Catch my drift?

So then what about triple battles? Would pay be tripled?

I'm asking because I'm in a triple battle...and ironically enough the first double battle as well on the ASB and we're kinda looking for a ref...

3m0d0ll
06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
EARTHQUAKE. I just realized that it makes no freaking sense.

Let's say you have mud in your eyes. Does the mud in your eyes really make a difference who gets hit when you shake the entire freaking floor?

I don't think so.

So.

I think maybe EQ would be different? And if this post belongs in Q + A please tell me. Aeon = tired.
Hmm, I always imagined that Earthquake was like Surf and it was a ripple in a certain direction... :P But that's how Earthquake works in the games and a situation similar to the scenario you presented isn't used in the Anime often enough to make a proper/reasonable deduction. O-O||

So then what about triple battles? Would pay be tripled?

I'm asking because I'm in a triple battle...and ironically enough the first double battle as well on the ASB and we're kinda looking for a ref...
I suppose. :/ But let's not jump the gun just yet; the increased pay idea hasn't even been approved yet! n_____n;;

But, I assume it would work like this:
Sr. Ref--3 Rounds: $40 ($10+$15+$15).
Jr. Ref--3 Rounds: $29 ($5+$12+$12).

paperfairy
06-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Hmm, I always imagined that Earthquake was like Surf and it was a ripple in a certain direction... :P But that's how Earthquake works in the games and a situation similar to the scenario you presented isn't used in the Anime often enough to make a proper/reasonable deduction. O-O||

I suppose. :/ But let's not jump the gun just yet; the increased pay idea hasn't even been approved yet! n_____n;;

But, I assume it would work like this:
Sr. Ref--3 Rounds: $40 ($10+$15+$15).
Jr. Ref--3 Rounds: $29 ($5+$12+$12).

agreed on all points!

eishiba
06-20-2011, 05:37 PM
I was just wanting some tips on how to manage your energy better. In my last couple of battles I end up losing cause I had plenty of hp if not more than the opponent but run out of energy. I tried a different approach, rather than straight up battling, just light screen and reflect and protect while causing stat problems but I still end up out of energy. Any advice?

Trainer17
06-20-2011, 05:39 PM
I was just wanting some tips on how to manage your energy better. In my last couple of battles I end up losing cause I had plenty of hp if not more than the opponent but run out of energy. I tried a different approach, rather than straight up battling, just light screen and reflect and protect while causing stat problems but I still end up out of energy. Any advice?

There's an option whereby you can command your Pokemon to 'Chill'. Which actually restores 6 Energy to your Pokemon. Did you try that?

So for example, Let's say that my Pikachu has like 1 Energy left. Then I make a command.

Pikachu use Chill twice!

Chill ~ Chill

Then it would get +12 Energy, making it 13 Energy at the end of the round.

3m0d0ll
06-21-2011, 02:50 AM

Higher evolutionary forms have a higher EXP Level, meaning that they use up less Energy. So... Evolve your Pokemon? :> Or, as Tsuna said, use Chills. There are other ways and strategies to help you conserve Energy, but part of the fun of the ASB is finding a way that works for you. ;) Good luck.

SLC
07-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Just gonna say congrats to Elbub and 3m0, very well deserved promotions.

Velocity
07-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Extreme tru dat, yo.
Wait Elbub is brown now right? lD

KantoBreeder
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Agreed, congratulations you two.

Velocity, yes he is.

CM
07-04-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm noticing some problems with the ASBL. I don't want to seem rude, but in my personal opinion if some things don't change members will be quitting. I understand that you cannot plan around real life and that not everyone can be as active as others, but some things still need improvement.

First I'd have to say is the backup in the Signature and Tutor Move, sometimes in the Registration, Dragon's Den, and the PE2KASBL Bank threads. We only have five people who can accept and update those threads, and recently I haven't seem them that active. Now, I understand that Paperfairy is having internet problems, but others I'm a little concerned about. One has even disappeared and no one has heard from him. I think we need more active and reliable officials to post in those threads so they aren't that backed up as they are now.

Another problem I see is in the Battle and Safari Zone boards, mainly the Safari Zone. I understand how long it can take for a referee to ref a battle, but I also know that it sometimes doesn't take any time at all. It seems like that the big deal is is that the refs don't want to write the battle scene, so they don't ref battles. Same for the Safari Zone. I see a lot of scenarios typed up and posted, but what about the battle that takes place before the capture? Some of the Safari Zones haven't been updated in weeks, and us active users are getting extremely irritated with the wait. Especially when unlike in a battle, you only ref one move. It's just ridiculous, especially when it states that, "You can stay in the Safari Zone for up to two weeks. This is to ensure that you're in, you have fun, you're out with no hassle.". It's becoming a major hassle when it takes months to finish (when it should only take a max of two weeks) and weeks to get an attack reffed. This makes the Safari Zone no fun at all.

Now, I'm sure other users who are looking to join see these problems, and are turned off by the lack of activity it seems to have. When in reality, the users are active. It is just the officials and mods who aren't posting as much as one would think. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Like I said before, I know real life can come and bite you in the butt with something you didn't expect or plan to happen, but I really think we need more than three mods and two officials to run this. That goes back to the current mods and officials looking like they aren't active in the ASBL. In a way, or as I once saw it, the officials were on but weren't posting in the ASB when things are backed up, so it appears that they really don't care about certain parts of it that appeal to the users. I'm not saying that you don't because I can only imagine the work put into this to get it back up and running. However, it doesn't seem like that work was worth it at this time with the problems that are still active.

3m0d0ll
07-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm noticing some problems with the ASBL. I don't want to seem rude, but in my personal opinion if some things don't change members will be quitting. I understand that you cannot plan around real life and that not everyone can be as active as others, but some things still need improvement.

First I'd have to say is the backup in the Signature and Tutor Move, sometimes in the Registration, Dragon's Den, and the PE2KASBL Bank threads. We only have five people who can accept and update those threads, and recently I haven't seem them that active. Now, I understand that Paperfairy is having internet problems, but others I'm a little concerned about. One has even disappeared and no one has heard from him. I think we need more active and reliable officials to post in those threads so they aren't that backed up as they are now.

Another problem I see is in the Battle and Safari Zone boards, mainly the Safari Zone. I understand how long it can take for a referee to ref a battle, but I also know that it sometimes doesn't take any time at all. It seems like that the big deal is is that the refs don't want to write the battle scene, so they don't ref battles. Same for the Safari Zone. I see a lot of scenarios typed up and posted, but what about the battle that takes place before the capture? Some of the Safari Zones haven't been updated in weeks, and us active users are getting extremely irritated with the wait. Especially when unlike in a battle, you only ref one move. It's just ridiculous, especially when it states that, "You can stay in the Safari Zone for up to two weeks. This is to ensure that you're in, you have fun, you're out with no hassle.". It's becoming a major hassle when it takes months to finish (when it should only take a max of two weeks) and weeks to get an attack reffed. This makes the Safari Zone no fun at all.

Now, I'm sure other users who are looking to join see these problems, and are turned off by the lack of activity it seems to have. When in reality, the users are active. It is just the officials and mods who aren't posting as much as one would think. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Like I said before, I know real life can come and bite you in the butt with something you didn't expect or plan to happen, but I really think we need more than three mods and two officials to run this. That goes back to the current mods and officials looking like they aren't active in the ASBL. In a way, or as I once saw it, the officials were on but weren't posting in the ASB when things are backed up, so it appears that they really don't care about certain parts of it that appeal to the users. I'm not saying that you don't because I can only imagine the work put into this to get it back up and running. However, it doesn't seem like that work was worth it at this time with the problems that are still active.

Oh God, this post made me sob. ; ___________ ; It breaks my heart to know that people are starting to dislike something because of things that I'm doing (or in this case, not doing). From the bottom of my heart, I really am sorry.

I can't do anything about the Sig. Move and Dragon Dens' speed, since I try to check that daily (which reminds me, I'll check them once I finish writing this post). Imo, the Bank doesn't need to be updated all too much, since you can just look back to your last post to see what your current balance is, though I try to update it every page or so to prevent too much back-log. As for the Reg. HQ, I feel that it gets updated at a good pace, considering that I'm pretty much the only one Approving things there and that I, too, have a life afk.

I understand what you mean here, and I'll be trying to do many updates there in the next few days, seeing as how I'm planned to have a lot of free-time for the rest of the week. I know I've been saying, or at least thinking, that many times recently, but I mean it this time! I think I'm just a bit ASB'd-out, tbh, and I can't focus on anything, anymore. :/ Also, That rule has pretty much been revoked. xD I'll edit it out l8r~

It's not that we need more Officials (we have more than the URPG and they're much larger than us, though I feel that they're not as organized. But that's a completely different topic. xD), we just need them to be more active, myself included. The Officials have already been talking about the AWOL Moderator and we're currently going over ideas on what to do with the situations. I've be trying to get more stuff up and think up ideas for events and the like to keep up activity. Please, I just ask that you be patient and bear with us during this time and try not to put too much pressure on our shoulders. We're already trying to run a whole sub-forum, and, honestly, the ASB is effecting my irl stress level and depression. :I My doc told me to cut all the stress from my life that I can or I'll end up having to take meds. So trying to follow orders while keeping a little community running is very difficult, especially when they clash and go against each other. So yeah, I'll be trying my hardest to become active ASAP and keep it up. I'm sorry for all the issues and problems and stuff. DD;

And y'all thought I was kidding when I said I was the head of the ASB because I was the most sensitive... :'(

SLC
07-04-2011, 09:12 AM
D'aww, 3m0 ;D

Guys, I'm finishing up my ref quiz, and then if I pass, I'll do the Safari Zone quiz and blitz through that.

Velocity
07-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Crystal Momoyia, I must say that you have challenged me. I have hiatus'd in the past and I extremely regret it, as it cost me valuable experience and time which I could have spent reffing. I'll try to be more active and ref more battles, but that's the best I can do. We need more referees and we need the ones we have to be more active. Them's the facts.

I also must say that it annoys me that (no names) we have roughly three/four refs, myself included, who are active as refs at all - though the fourth/fifth should be back tomorrow or so, if I remember correctly - and one of them is still wrestling the maths. I am, honestly, fed up with my Safari Zone always being the last to get reffed even though I'm updating others'. Crystal, you're right; however as I said all we can do is our best.

Maybe you could help by becoming a ref, too? No offense, but you can't really understand us refs if you don't know what we do. :/

(And Jen, when you said AWOL mod, I literally pictured the mod riding a Beartic wildly into the sunset with a rifle. XD)

SLC
07-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I sent away my test, hoping it gives positive results :3

Sounds like I'm talking about STD's LOL

Beartic Tundra
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Actually, Crystal tried the test and failed it this time, and has helped me on more than one occasion to ref battles that did not include herself. She double checks my calculations often, and will occasionally remind me of an ability/field effect I forgot

Trainer17
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
It's not that we need more Officials (we have more than the URPG and they're much larger than us, though I feel that they're not as organized. But that's a completely different topic. xD)

Just posting here to correct that bolded part of yours.

According to the ASB, you have (technically) 2 Officials and 3 Moderators. If you take a look at the URPG on the other hand;

-Moderators-
Dog of Hellsing
Fossil Fusion
Phantom Kat
Pidge
Scourge of Amaranth

-Officials-
Bumblebee
ChainReaction01
DaRkUmBrEoN
iReign
Jack of Clovers
Monbrey
SiberianTiger
Taras Bulba
The Jr Trainer
Trainer17 Tsuna
We Taste Pies...

So yea, URPG has way lot more officials than the ASB.

Of course, we can talk about size variations of how the URPG has more officials because of how big it is, but the same can be said to ASB when you need like 3 Officials to approve a Signature Move/Dragon's Den/Gym.

Also, Crytal's just trying to help by voicing out the problems she sees, along with some possible solutions. Just sayin'. Though, implementing one of her solutions isn't that difficult. New Officials. Can be done. I would suggest two from the top of my head, but I'd rather not mention names here. But final decision is up to the Moderators(whether to pick new ones, or not). We, the members, love the ASB as much as you Officials/Mods do. Heck, Crystal could have totally not bothered about posting it at all, and just quit.

I'll just say this for now, since Crystal has addressed one of the concerns I had, myself.

-Tsuna

Velocity
07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Is there some way to keep people for editing the cell where the damage comes out? Somebody screwed it up again.

MoonKit
07-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Is there some way to keep people for editing the cell where the damage comes out? Somebody screwed it up again.

People keep on screwing with the User/Target, too. Thank god I actually am smart enough to know how to fix that. I have no idea how to fix the damage, though.

Anyway;

Its annoying how the Reff test hasn't been updated since last month. I would try the test again, but they say to not do the test again until it is updated. And I litterally deleted the PM saying that I failed. I know and understand that Paperfairy's internet is being a butt, but I think he should still be able to type up a reff test, find the answer, and post the reff test on pe2k. I have seen him post recently.

CM
07-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Jenn: I didn't mean to make you upset or point a finger at you or any of the other mods or officials. I can only imagine the stress you're under because you're trying to run this all by yourself at the moment. I know what it's like with stress and depression, and as a result because I didn't know how to deal with it in a positive way I am on medication. That I hope you don't have to end up doing. I was just trying to voice some concerns I have that (in my opinion) are hindering the ASBL from reaching the potential that I see it has. I know the bank is updated rather quickly compared to some of the other boards, but I guess that I thought that maybe it can be updated after all the refs get paid. So once a week the post with everyone's totals is updated. That's just my idea. And I know you accept everything in the Reg. HQ pretty much, but I've seen your things gone unaccepted (or takes forever to be accepted), which doesn't seem fair to me. I'm also looking out for the officials and mods who post in threads like that but don't get acceptance.

Velocity: I wasn't trying to challenge anyone, and I'm sorry you saw it that way. But as I said, it's not just PvP battles that need reffing. SZ battles need it as well so the trainers in there can catch their Pokemon. Now, I will admit, I'm a little irritated it's taking so long for mine to be updated, but I am more upset that other users who are active might have been waiting longer. And even if a person is a referee doesn't mean that he or she is also a safari ranger. And as Beartic said, I did take the ref test. I just didn't understand a few of the things in the compendium and was having problems with it loading so I ended up failing. Not to mention I have a problem with misreading a lot of things. So I am trying to help out to the best of my abilities, but since the new test hasn't been posted yet all I can do is voice my opinions and concerns. And I do take some offense since it seems like you just assumed I never even tried to become a ref. And I do understand because I help Beartic when he refs. Not only do I do what he said, I also try to help with the battle scene when he asks. I give him my ideas, he chooses to use them or not when typing up what happened during the battle.

Tsuna: You're right. I could have just quit. But I don't want to. I see way to much potential in this, and to be honest I sometimes have more fun here than in the role play section of the interactive boards. I want to be active in the ASBL since I truly have fun here. I can't wait to wake up the next day and see if a battle was reffed or a Safari updated (mine or a friend's since I like to read them). I also like to see what's going on in the shops. There's just too much going on that make this unique for me to just turn my back to it without voicing my concerns first and see if they can be worked on.

MoonKit: I feel your pain. I know you didn't directly respond to my post, but I saw something in yours I need to reply to. Please don't point the finger at Paperfairy alone for the lack of update. I agree is should be updated a tad quicker, but then again I don't know how often it used to be updated. Any of the mods can edit the post and change the test, but they probably collaborate on the test before posting since all of them would need to know the correct answers to properly and fairly grade us. We just need to be patient for a little while longer. It should be updated sometime this week, or that's what Paperfairy told me in a PM when we were discussing my ref test results.

MoonKit
07-04-2011, 10:24 PM
MoonKit: I feel your pain. I know you didn't directly respond to my post, but I saw something in yours I need to reply to. Please don't point the finger at Paperfairy alone for the lack of update. I agree is should be updated a tad quicker, but then again I don't know how often it used to be updated. Any of the mods can edit the post and change the test, but they probably collaborate on the test before posting since all of them would need to know the correct answers to properly and fairly grade us. We just need to be patient for a little while longer. It should be updated sometime this week, or that's what Paperfairy told me in a PM when we were discussing my ref test results.

Oh, Paperfairy isn't the only one allowed to do that (Or whatever you meant)? -ish a noob that had no idea-

Uhhh...still...er..whatever.

3m0d0ll
07-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Any of the mods can edit the post and change the test, but they probably collaborate on the test before posting since all of them would need to know the correct answers to properly and fairly grade us.
Crystal is actually spot-on.

paperfairy
07-05-2011, 04:31 AM
For the record, I wrote a Ref Test, but because we have like a 80% failure rate for these tests, I'm having the current Officials take the test and check to make sure its a fair test before I release it. As of now right now, I'm waiting for somebody to take the test before its unveiled.

I know how frustrated you guys are, but as far as Battles and the Safari Zone, I don't understand WHY people keep failing and when I ask for ways to make the Compendium easier to understand, nobody speaks up, so like I said, 80% of tests are failures. Making it EASIER to pass won't help because then Refs/Rangers will be screwing up left and right.

The worst part is that people usually fail on the EASY stuff (wait and see conditionals, type matchups) as opposed to the things that are designed to make you think. Honestly, the Officials have a running gag regarding those, but that's for another time...

In short: yes, we need more people on board, and we're working on it, but the best thing you guys can do to help is to take the ref test and not fail when you do. :D

CM
07-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Sometimes it's hard to explain what it is we don't understand. For me, it was trying to figure out if a status only activates once or twice a round because in the Compendium in the column it says "Round/Action#" and that confused me. Does it mean per action or per round? Also, my personal problem is not being able to really understand what I read period and simplify it. (I almost failed English in middle and high school) That and I tend to misread and misinterpret what I read. I cannot speak for others.

And none of us are trying to fail. But it seems like that even though we have few active referees now, we have even less rangers. I don't think that every single referee is also a ranger. Now, I have yet to attempt the ranger test because I am not a referee yet, but I don't see why it takes weeks to update a battle when you can go through x amount of scenarios in one day. That's all I ever see posted. But I'll end my rant there.

Velocity
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Sometimes it's hard to explain what it is we don't understand. For me, it was trying to figure out if a status only activates once or twice a round because in the Compendium in the column it says "Round/Action#" and that confused me. Does it mean per action or per round? Also, my personal problem is not being able to really understand what I read period and simplify it. (I almost failed English in middle and high school) That and I tend to misread and misinterpret what I read. I cannot speak for others.

And none of us are trying to fail. But it seems like that even though we have few active referees now, we have even less rangers. I don't think that every single referee is also a ranger. Now, I have yet to attempt the ranger test because I am not a referee yet, but I don't see why it takes weeks to update a battle when you can go through x amount of scenarios in one day. That's all I ever see posted. But I'll end my rant there.

I can't really help you on most of those points... But I believe that the 'Action' is there for Safari battles, where each Pokemon has just one action and so the status would indeed activate upon each action.

PS If it helps, I almost failed my own Ref test due to something that was half bad wording and half my idiotic thinking. c:

paperfairy
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
To explain, it says Round/Action because some statuses kick in every round, while some every action. I've added to the Status page that hopefully will help explain this.

CM
07-05-2011, 04:51 PM
That does help, Paperfairy. Or at least now I understand. I think that was the only problem I really had. I can't explain what it was that I didn't understand before, partly because I don't remember what it was.

Trainer17
07-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Can we have a Nickname Change or Name Rater service @ the Registration HQ? Pretty much I'm sure there are a handful of us who hate Nicknames our Pokemon come with via Trades or otherwise, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay if this were to be made a Market Business. I don't see why we can't have one :cool:

-Tsuna

Beartic Tundra
07-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Because whenever you trade/buy the 'mon, you can change it's name to whatever you want. It doesn't matter what it's original name is, and at any time that you own it you can change it whenever you want to

Trainer17
07-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Because whenever you trade/buy the 'mon, you can change it's name to whatever you want. It doesn't matter what it's original name is, and at any time that you own it you can change it whenever you want to

I tried that when I registered my Lotad(bought via Used-Pokemon Dealership) @ Reg HQ, but 3m0d0ll kinda sort of rejected it and said the Nickname stays. D:

-Tsuna

3m0d0ll
07-09-2011, 06:12 AM
I tried that when I registered my Lotad(bought via Used-Pokemon Dealership) @ Reg HQ, but 3m0d0ll kinda sort of rejected it and said the Nickname stays. D:

-Tsuna

1- Sarcasm, love. B|
2- I didn't reject it (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3309548&postcount=437).

Trainer17
07-09-2011, 06:25 AM
1- Sarcasm, love. B|
2- I didn't reject it (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3309548&postcount=437).

Hahaha. I couldn't see it any other way though. I did say 'sort of' :p. Anywho, thanks for the clarification. I would have posted this ages earlier, but Pe2k Lagfested. :wink:

-Tsuna

Elbub
07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
What are you on about, Sam. Mr Tad is a great name! I overrule 3m0d0ll; you either refer to him as Mr Tad, or I'll make sure you can never use him in battle.

Muhahaha.

-lightening flashes overhead-

Trainer17
07-09-2011, 01:44 PM
What are you on about, Sam. Mr Tad is a great name! I overrule 3m0d0ll; you either refer to him as Mr Tad, or I'll make sure you can never use him in battle.

Muhahaha.

-lightening flashes overhead-

Oh noooooooooooooooo. :tongue3: Maybe I'll use him in a battle when you're not around!

-Tsuna

murgle-flag
07-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I think that we should have a tourney in which the prize is a chance to fight, and possibly catch, a legendary pokemon in the safari zone.

Or just more frequent tourneys

Elbub
07-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I think that we should have a tourney in which the prize is a chance to fight, and possibly catch, a legendary pokemon in the safari zone.

Legendaries never have done and never will exist in this ASBL.

Or just more frequent tourneys

Tournaments take effort on the part of the referees. As we barely have enough referees to keep the regular battles ticking over at a decent rate most of the time, it's infeasible to have a tournament right now. Perhaps when we have more active referees.

CM
08-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Here I am, yet again. I don't mean to cause trouble, but again I'm noticing things that probably should have been dealt with a while ago. Some I'm sure people will find ridiculous and wonder why I even bothered looking, and others are things that are probably bothering others as well.

Firstly, I'm wondering if the officials even check to see if a member posted his/her stats or if someone posted stats without posting their team in the registration hq to get approval. I've seen one case of both, but I will not mention names on here. I mean, I see the stats as a must for at least listing a member's Pokémon, where they received their Pokémon, and their money cause the bank isn't updated that often. Other things like battle records and favorite arenas aren't really necessary. But if the stats board isn't even monitored, then why even bother with it? This is just something I've noticed, and pretty sure there are others that don't agree with me here and think that it's stupid that I even brought this up.

Now, time to bring up topics that I already dressed in my first post here. With battles, we have eleven referees (hopefully more with this next test), but only six have been active this month, and less than that active recently. With the Safari Zone, we have eight rangers, but hardly any of them posting. I see that as a problem. It was just a tease that ten were updated on one day, then a week later three different ones were updated, and then I believe a few days ago another was updated that wasn't apart of ten or three group. Sure, we'll have more active refs hopefully with the new test, but even I had problems with it. I think that how the test is set up this time, it's supposed to make us fail. So I see a low passing rate with this one. But that's just me. More activity is needed in those boards since those are the main backbone in the ASBL as far as I can see. Also, maybe the tests should be updated more regularly and more often so that those who fail one test don't have to wait months for a new test to try again.

Also, we need more moderators and officials. I'm not sure what has been done to help solve this problem, but we need more to accept new ASBL members, evolutions, addictions to teams, everything that needs a mod or official approval. One that is listed hasn't posted since who knows when. I haven't looked it up recently. That and it seems like the active ones want a break from this board and want to be active in others. I understand that, but those who are only active in the ASBL (I might be the only one, but you never know) can get really impatient when we see mods and officials on but not doing anything in this board (same goes for refs and rangers, but I understand that they need their breaks as well). I might not understand the process of this, but is it too much to ask to get more people to accept things in the threads that need approval?

I might have overstepped my boundary here, but I don't want to see this become less enjoyable. It used to be really fun, but now I'm getting a little irritated with the lack of activity. Personally, the ASBL is the only place I am now active. I don't visit any other part of the forum, having lost interest in the boards I used to be active in. It's sad really, but it's just what happened. I don't expect rapid results, but for what I am saying not fall on deaf ears. Take what I say as you will, but I truly am not trying to cause chaos or challenge anyone here. Everything has it's flaws, but I just want to see this overcome the flaws that can be fixed with a bit of effort on everyone's part. If I am seeing this all wrong, then please someone explain to me what I'm not viewing correctly and/or things that are being done to make this more enjoyable and active.

3m0d0ll
08-01-2011, 12:31 PM
If you're afraid of posting names publicly, then PM me, but we need to know who you're referring to in regards to the ASB Trainer Stats board, which is moderated and available so that Players can know what Pokemon a person has, and for them themselves to keep track. Trust me, it's not being 'ignored', for lack of a better term, there just isn't really a set-way that it needs to be moderated. :P

We're working on getting tests up more frequently. About the lack of Reffing/Rangering, in my case, I, honestly, don't really have time to do them. I'm at a point in time where I can only be on the computer for about 1/2 hours at a time and PE2K isn't the only site I check during that time (coughfacebookcough), and while I'm on PE2K, I'm responding to n00b PMs, "How do I get my team for the ASB?" FFFFFFFFFFFFF *rage fit* *twitch* "All registration information can be found here, in the ASB Handbook thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111368)." I swear... I reply to PMs like that at least 10 times a week. Dx Why can't they go bother Justin for a while?! *sigh* Anyway, back to your point. Personally, I only really spend 45 minutes on PE2K a day, though it may be open in a different tab, making me appear to be online. :L Once the school year starts, I'll have more time (lolwat?) to spend on here, since I won't be bounding from computer to computer while juggling my social life and finding ways to earn some moneh so I can punch people in the face at concerts. :'] So yeah, I hope that makes sense. xDD

We're working on that as well, though figuring out who is trusted enough to be given Mod powers is easier said then done. We are in the process of removing Iridium from our ranks and having Elbub take his place, if that makes you feel any better. But I am curious... why exactly do you think that we need more Approvers? :/ All the examples that you listed were things that are posted in the Reg. HQ for Approval, and don't need to be approved instantly; I'm going to start updating the Bank daily to keep that moving, btw. Though I do post in the Reg. HQ with Approvals whenever i see that someone is waiting, but, honestly, whether your Charmander to Charmeleon is approved withing the minute or after several hours, it doesn't really make much of a difference. I can't sit at my computer all day, refreshing the Reg. HQ to see if someone posted so I can tell them that it's Approved or not - stuff like that can wait, imo, since it only takes five seconds to do. If there aren't any Approvers online, then oh well. Exercise patience.

I, too, am someone that only logs into PE2K to be active in the ASB, for the most part - I may occasionally post in the DCC or something, but most of my posts go here. Once I am able to set aside an evening, buckle down, and do some much over-due Reffing, then you can bet that I will, but nights like that are hard to come by. :S I have a life, too and I work fairly hard to try to keep the ASB up and running to the best of my ability, which isn't an easy nor a small task. All I can ask is that you try to be patient, and bear with us/me.

EDIT: About the Ref test's difficulty, did you expect it to be easy? It's not really that hard, by any means, and most of the mistakes people are making are logical errors (getting conditionals wrong, thus messing up the ending Health/Energy). I also found it funny that you said that, "even [CM] had problems with it." XDDD That's like a Theologian saying, "Man, even I found that Psychology test challenging!" They're somewhat related and have a slight understanding of the other, but they are, by no means, experts in each others' field. P:

paperfairy
08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Here I am, yet again. I don't mean to cause trouble, but again I'm noticing things that probably should have been dealt with a while ago. Some I'm sure people will find ridiculous and wonder why I even bothered looking, and others are things that are probably bothering others as well.

First and foremost, you're not causing any trouble. Honestly, I do appreciate these little rants, because its letting me know what I can directly work on and fix. Thanks for your honesty, seriously.

Firstly, I'm wondering if the officials even check to see if a member posted his/her stats or if someone posted stats without posting their team in the registration hq to get approval. I've seen one case of both, but I will not mention names on here. I mean, I see the stats as a must for at least listing a member's Pokémon, where they received their Pokémon, and their money cause the bank isn't updated that often. Other things like battle records and favorite arenas aren't really necessary. But if the stats board isn't even monitored, then why even bother with it? This is just something I've noticed, and pretty sure there are others that don't agree with me here and think that it's stupid that I even brought this up.

3m0d0ll and I, every few months (we've done it twice now) run through the stats board and make sure people's threads are correctly - last time we found like 15 members that didn't have Stats at all. o.o

Stat threads should NOT have their Bank Accounts listed - the Bank is updated enough that this is not a problem, and that information need not be public in either case.

There is little need to moderate the stats board though - it's only used as a reference for battling really - making sure people are using Pokemon they actually own.

Now, time to bring up topics that I already dressed in my first post here. With battles, we have eleven referees (hopefully more with this next test), but only six have been active this month, and less than that active recently. With the Safari Zone, we have eight rangers, but hardly any of them posting. I see that as a problem. It was just a tease that ten were updated on one day, then a week later three different ones were updated, and then I believe a few days ago another was updated that wasn't apart of ten or three group.

I can't do anything more here. I don't know how I can make reffing any easier than I already have, and I can't MAKE people be active. What do you suggest?

Sure, we'll have more active refs hopefully with the new test, but even I had problems with it. I think that how the test is set up this time, it's supposed to make us fail. So I see a low passing rate with this one. But that's just me. More activity is needed in those boards since those are the main backbone in the ASBL as far as I can see. Also, maybe the tests should be updated more regularly and more often so that those who fail one test don't have to wait months for a new test to try again.

Referee Tests are designed to make sure you read carefully, a trait that all Referees need. Referee Tests are easy if you follow every single step for every single action, but the problem is, individuals are always trying to cut corners or do things their own way, so they fail. The Ref Test is written so that you follow the Ref Manual (which took me weeks to write, BTW), but nobody seems to do that. We're not going to hire people that are continually failing the test - so if you want more Refs, tell people to follow the damn manual. And for the record, the Ref Tests have gotten easier as time goes on - the first test is still the hardest test to date, and it's also the test with the highest success rate. :/

Also, we need more moderators and officials. I'm not sure what has been done to help solve this problem, but we need more to accept new ASBL members, evolutions, addictions to teams, everything that needs a mod or official approval. One that is listed hasn't posted since who knows when. I haven't looked it up recently. That and it seems like the active ones want a break from this board and want to be active in others. I understand that, but those who are only active in the ASBL (I might be the only one, but you never know) can get really impatient when we see mods and officials on but not doing anything in this board (same goes for refs and rangers, but I understand that they need their breaks as well). I might not understand the process of this, but is it too much to ask to get more people to accept things in the threads that need approval?

The only thread that needs daily moderation is the Registration thread. What others threads would really warrant more mods/officials? I want examples, links.

I might have overstepped my boundary here, but I don't want to see this become less enjoyable. It used to be really fun, but now I'm getting a little irritated with the lack of activity. Personally, the ASBL is the only place I am now active. I don't visit any other part of the forum, having lost interest in the boards I used to be active in. It's sad really, but it's just what happened. I don't expect rapid results, but for what I am saying not fall on deaf ears. Take what I say as you will, but I truly am not trying to cause chaos or challenge anyone here. Everything has it's flaws, but I just want to see this overcome the flaws that can be fixed with a bit of effort on everyone's part. If I am seeing this all wrong, then please someone explain to me what I'm not viewing correctly and/or things that are being done to make this more enjoyable and active.

Responses in bold.
In our position, CM, what changes would you be making?

CM
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
First off, thank you for not being negative about this. There are things I truly don't understand, and I know that people have their lives away from the computer (unlike me. I'm on almost 24/7 if I'm not playing video games or sleeping X3) so they can't be on as often as other.

I didn't know if the Stats board was monitored, but then again it wouldn't appear that it needed since for a long while people were doing what they needed. I guess I just had nothing better to do so I went through to see if people were using Pokémon they had and if their stats were even up.

I know that there's not a lot we can do with refs and rangers other than take the test ourselves and hopefully pass, but at times it has just gotten so frustrating with waiting. I guess I just needed to rant since I've seen a few active but weren't reffing either a battle or safari. I hope I'm not the only one who felt like that. And for the difficulty of the test, I see the need for it to be difficult. I didn't expect it to be a walk in the park, but I didn't expect to have to think so much. I guess in a way I enjoyed the challenge after it was all said and done.

With the more mods or officials to approve things, I see where you are questioning my view or see that nothing needs to be done about it. But it's not just for the regular members. I had seen some of the mods/officials post things and were never approved in the thread. But then again I haven't looked through the pages lately. When you need something that needs 2 mod/official approvals, and one of them posts something, it takes their stuff longer to be approved. That's something I've noticed since the ASBL was revamped/restarted. At this time I can't give links for examples since I don't have the time to go and find them. (Stupid dentist appointment cutting into my internet time -__-)

In your position, sadly to say there isn't much I could do. We can't force others to post where posts are needed. All I could offer is that since I basically have no life off the internet, I could watch the ASBL while others are off. The difficulty of the tests are needed, though can be irritating for those taking it. But I think that for those who took it and failed, they'd like for the test to be updated more... regularly, for lack of a better term. Waiting for months can discourage them and make them loose interest. Now I'm not saying update it every week. Maybe once every five or six weeks if possible. I've never been a mod or anything on any forum (only being a member of this one and two others, one being taken down for some reason and the other I'm not that active on anymore), so I have no idea the problems that you may face.

White Knight
08-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Out of curiousity, did anyone pass the Ref Test? Also, the Core Kit is missing somehow; either I've forgotten where it was or it's being updated with the answers.

Good luck everyone who took it~

SLC
08-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I sent away my ref test ages ago, and still haven't had a response, but tbh, I don't think I can be bothered to ref. I used to enjoy this but it's slowly beginning to fail, bit by bit.

paperfairy
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Out of curiousity, did anyone pass the Ref Test? Also, the Core Kit is missing somehow; either I've forgotten where it was or it's being updated with the answers.

Good luck everyone who took it~

What do you mean by missing? I see it just fine...

I sent away my ref test ages ago, and still haven't had a response, but tbh, I don't think I can be bothered to ref. I used to enjoy this but it's slowly beginning to fail, bit by bit.

You failed, I could have sworn I sent you your PM. For those wondering, below is the answer to the last Ref test:

Gardevoir has +2 SPATK.

Gardevoir is faster, so it will move first.
Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
Gardevoir lost 12 Energy.
Shedinja lost 19 HP. (37 damage divided by 2 for Wonder Guard)

Shedinja used Will-O-Wisp!
Shedinja lost 3 Energy.
Gardevoir was burned! (Gardevoir lost 2 ATK!)
Shedinja was burned due to Synchronize! (Shedinja loses 2 ATK!)

Gardevoir is faster, but was ordered a wait and see conditional, so it will go second.
Shedinja used Phase Shift!
Shedinja lost 6 Energy.
Shedinja became ethereal!

Gardevoir used Giga Impact!
Gardevoir lost 15 Energy.
Shedinja lost 1 Energy.
Damage is not applied because physical attacks cannot hit etheral Pokémon.

Gardevoir lost -4 HP due to burn.
Shedinja lost -4 HP due to burn.
Gardevoir's next action will cost 2x energy.
Shedinja is etheral.

Gardevoir
HP: 96
Energy: 73
Status: +2 SPATK, BRN (-2 ATK), next action will cost 2x Energy

Shedinja
HP: 77
Energy: 90

SLC
08-02-2011, 09:46 AM
You failed, I could have sworn I sent you your PM. For those wondering, below is the answer to the last Ref test:

I failed horribly the first time, then resent it. I'm sure I didn't get a PM, but it doesn't matter now :3

paperfairy
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Take the test again! I believe in you! :D

3m0d0ll
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
This is more of an Announcement, really, but I just wanted to say that, as of right now, there are 666 posts in the Safari Zone board. This pleases me. <3333

Post count +1.

White Knight
08-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I laughed.

Another note; it seems a bit ridiculous that we've fallen to the point where you must pester a ref to ref one round each time...I know it's been brought up already but there really should be a way to speed it up.

Oh, and I'm assuming I failed again after the Exhibition? I haven't gotten a response.

paperfairy
08-07-2011, 08:43 PM
1) Any suggestions to speed it up?

2) Actually, I'm waiting for Lord Fedora to sign on, your test is still in limbo.

White Knight
08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Limbo?!?!? :[

On another note;

1) Can a Pokemon be in more than one battle at once?
2) Can a Pokemon be in the Safari Zone and a battle at once?

paperfairy
08-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Once Lord Fedora votes on your test, you'll have an answer. VM him and tell him I sent you. :P

Yes to both questions.

White Knight
08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
The calculator is broken again; percent hits target is stuck at 0.

paperfairy
08-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Fixed.

White Knight
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I hate to sound pushy, but...

someone has meddled with the names on the calculator.

paperfairy
08-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I hate to sound pushy, but...

someone has meddled with the names on the calculator.
Fixed.

Saraibre Ryu
08-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Anyone thinking of something along the lines of a thread in the Market similar to how the GTSN works? Or like the Trade Depot thread to advertise if someone may want to trade away a Pokemon? I'd find it easier than PMing a bunch of different people and possibly annoying them.

The actual trades would be conducted in the actual appropriate thread of course.

paperfairy
08-19-2011, 05:31 AM
The existing trading thread can be used very much like the GTS in its current state, no PMing required~

Saraibre Ryu
08-19-2011, 05:36 AM
The existing trading thread can be used very much like the GTS in its current state, no PMing required~

Ah okay. It doesn't seem that way at a first glance.

3m0d0ll
08-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Ah okay. It doesn't seem that way at a first glance.
Yeah. ^^; It's just that most people seem to arrange a trade via VM/PM/IM/etc, rather than posting asking for a trade and have to wait until someone comes along and inserts a desired Pokemon and blahblahblah.

KantoBreeder
08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to bring up the league table idea again since we have new mods and officials. The draft is in the spoiler.

The ASB Battler’s League

The Rules

The Points System

All Time
Name--------------Points
Hitmonfighter-----5
Supremist Rain---3
Paperfairy---------3
eishiba------------3
aeoneeveemoon-2
Dark Moonlight---2
Raven X----------2
Pyroboy-----------1
Silver Slasher----1
Tokyokit----------1
Saraibre Ryu-----1
Lord Khajmer----1
SLCalamity-------1
KantoBreeder----0
Ice Kyurem------1
Rival Silver------1
70holic-----------1
Elecii-------------1
gmandiddy------1
MuddyMudkip----1
cats715----------1
MCSmith---------1
Team Razor-----1
Niall--------------2
Osha-WHAT-----2

This Month
None

Prizes

Note that the charts will be replaced with a link to this (http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqyRtA8QAI8qdGhFZmFYZ3AxSG1LT3FST0EtdV95M EE&hl=en_US#gid=0) spreadsheet. Also, if this does get implemented, would prizes be given to those who won before this was created? It would also help if I could remember when the ASB's birthday was.

paperfairy
08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
We'll talk in the back room and get back to you.

murgle-flag
08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
That reminds me. If you post in the absences thread does it exempt you from DQ for however long your gone, because I posted there under that impression and was DQ'ed from 2 battles in my absence but I don't mind that much, just curious.

Elbub
08-27-2011, 05:02 PM
That reminds me. If you post in the absences thread does it exempt you from DQ for however long your gone, because I posted there under that impression and was DQ'ed from 2 battles in my absence but I don't mind that much, just curious.

It does. I'll look into that for you.

EDIT: Only the ASB Absences thread. For which I can't see you ever posting in.

3m0d0ll
08-27-2011, 10:51 PM
For the most part, yes. But if you say something like, "I'll be gone for a while." without giving a time frame, then I wait roughly two weeks, then apply the 24 hour DQ, so that we don't have more sitting battles. But that's just me. o3o

murgle-flag
08-28-2011, 05:45 PM
It does. I'll look into that for you.

EDIT: Only the ASB Absences thread. For which I can't see you ever posting in.

It's right here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3317535&postcount=40)

Elbub
08-29-2011, 11:10 AM
It's right here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3317535&postcount=40)

Ugh, sorry. I had a bad feeling I'd probably overlooked it.

Only one of your battles, however, was within the two week period you specified.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to void the result and get it up and running again if you so wish?

I actually read what you posted. So, would you like the two battles where you should have been exempted from DQ to be reinstated?

murgle-flag
08-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Ugh, sorry. I had a bad feeling I'd probably overlooked it.

Only one of your battles, however, was within the two week period you specified.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to void the result and get it up and running again if you so wish?

I actually read what you posted. So, would you like the two battles where you should have been exempted from DQ to be reinstated?
I'm currently in 2 battles though so that would go over the limit. But I would like that actually, I also won one while I was gone :)

3m0d0ll
08-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Battles that have been completed and closed will not be re-opened.

murgle-flag
08-29-2011, 11:23 PM

oh, o_o.

Elbub
08-31-2011, 10:18 PM

Out of interest, why?

It's not exactly difficult to do. At all. It seems unfair that this person's battle record and potential standing on any future league tables is affected by something that they covered against.

Lord Fedora
09-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Out of interest, why?

It's not exactly difficult to do. At all. It seems unfair that this person's battle record and potential standing on any future league tables is affected by something that they covered against.
Money. People cash the payments for their battles, including the refs, they spend that money, they get new Pokemon and evolve the ones they have with it, if we go long enough without catching the problem there could be battles where they used those new/evolved Pokemon... basically, undoing any major action relating to money ends in a nightmare unless the mistake is caught, like immediately.

3m0d0ll
09-01-2011, 03:09 AM
What Nate said. x3

Elbub
09-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Money. People cash the payments for their battles, including the refs, they spend that money, they get new Pokemon and evolve the ones they have with it, if we go long enough without catching the problem there could be battles where they used those new/evolved Pokemon... basically, undoing any major action relating to money ends in a nightmare unless the mistake is caught, like immediately.

But we've had this issue in thee past. And all we do is take the money they earned out of their current accounts. If they go into the red, then they can't spend any money until they earn some more. It's not that complicated.

3m0d0ll
09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
But we've had this issue in thee past. And all we do is take the money they earned out of their current accounts. If they go into the red, then they can't spend any money until they earn some more. It's not that complicated.

It's not fair to the people that think they have money. :/ It just lessens the complication.

Elbub
09-02-2011, 09:57 AM
It's not fair to the people that think they have money. :/ It just lessens the complication.

Fine.

I just think it's unfair that we, as the officials, have made a mistake. And that rather than correcting that, which is incredibly simple and straightforward, we're just going to ignore it outright.

Lord Fedora
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Fine.

I just think it's unfair that we, as the officials, have made a mistake. And that rather than correcting that, which is incredibly simple and straightforward, we're just going to ignore it outright.
It's hardly a common mistake. If it happened often I'd agree with you and be the first person working on a system to, if not prevent it, then to fix the damage. But it doesn't, so frankly it's just not worth the effort.

Elbub
09-02-2011, 12:46 PM
It's hardly a common mistake. If it happened often I'd agree with you and be the first person working on a system to, if not prevent it, then to fix the damage. But it doesn't, so frankly it's just not worth the effort.

I could quite easily do all the fixing myself in about... 30 seconds? If I didn't feel that it was undermining two other people's opinions.

paperfairy
09-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Children, could we bring this all to the back room? murgle, we'll get back to you. (oh, and Elbub, we could use you back there. D:)

Foxamivalth
09-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Compendium 1st Pokemon's name stucks at Kangaskhan.

paperfairy
09-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Compendium 1st Pokemon's name stucks at Kangaskhan.
Fixed.

murgle-flag
09-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Children, could we bring this all to the back room? murgle, we'll get back to you. (oh, and Elbub, we could use you back there. D:)

I hate to be impatient but I'm curious if anything is actually being done here or if anything has been done, because it's been a few weeks. Sorry for being impatient.

paperfairy
09-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Would you settle for half the money you would've gotten if you had won?

murgle-flag
09-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Yes. Yes please.

paperfairy
09-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Link to this post in the bank

murgle-flag gets $20 to compensate for us screwing up. enjoy.

murgle-flag
09-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Thank you, Record High of money. For me.

MoonKit
09-27-2011, 01:58 AM
I was thinking for the live events...could ye' have them a bit later? I get up (And most people (coughnotjenncough) over here) at about 9:00 EST (6:00 pst), whereas if it were 8:00 I wouldn't be able to attend. So, because, in my mind, it just feels fair to us people in the west, could some (if not most) be done at about 9:00 EST or so?

Dino
09-27-2011, 02:35 AM
I was thinking for the live events...could ye' have them a bit later? I get up (And most people (coughnotjenncough) over here) at about 9:00 EST (6:00 pst), whereas if it were 8:00 I wouldn't be able to attend. So, because, in my mind, it just feels fair to us people in the west, could some (if not most) be done at about 9:00 EST or so?

We had (auction) one at 8:00 PM (EST) to suit the Western people.
We had (quiz) the other at 8:00 AM (EST) to suit more Eastern people.

Just because you can't wake up early enough to get to the quiz, you were offered the auction.

We may fluctuate the times each event, but I believe that 8:00 is a rather fair time. Events will also switch between times, giving you plenty of opportunities to try all the events.

paperfairy
09-28-2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3352273&postcount=13
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3352292&postcount=4

With the new Compendium, those rounds took me 15 minutes EACH to do. Half hour total.

I can't make this any easier, people D:

murgle-flag
09-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Haha, my battle with Lord Fedora is used as an example in the new how to battle thread. I lost that battle really badly.

Also, I noticed that this place isn't used for very much discussion or suggestion. It's rather dormant.

EDIT: @ Paperfairy is it that much simpler, before it had alot of cells in the calculator. It looked alot more difficult, or time consuming.

paperfairy
09-28-2011, 08:11 PM
1) That wasn't why I used it... our exhibition thread was radically outdated, and Fedora gave a good example of a sig move. If you have a better example for an example battle, I'll use it, lol.

2) Well, you can fix that! Discuss!

3) Glad to see I'm helping make improvements. You should take the ref test. =]

murgle-flag
09-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I just looked at the new one and it is absolutely incredible compared to the old one. And I might take the test only I'd do like a round a month just to keep my Ref status.

paperfairy
09-28-2011, 09:40 PM
1) Thanks!
2) Every little bit helps. =]

Face
09-29-2011, 12:55 AM
O wow.
A huge update!
I shall stick more here now. And maybe take the tests. :D

Temporal Diamond
10-01-2011, 08:34 AM
I have a suggestion. We should have the ASB Pokeathlon! It'll be like Contests. :D

Saraibre Ryu
10-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I have a suggestion. We should have the ASB Pokeathlon! It'll be like Contests. :D

I loved the Pokeathlon in the games...but how would it work?

Temporal Diamond
10-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I loved the Pokeathlon in the games...but how would it work?
I guess it would be like contests? Writing and creativity? :3 And of course the Pokemon and stats. Like a slow Pokemon like Aron definitely can't out speed someone like Doduo. :>

Dino
10-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I guess it would be like contests? Writing and creativity? :3 And of course the Pokemon and stats. Like a slow Pokemon like Aron definitely can't out speed someone like Doduo. :>

You know, I had thought about that too before. xD
If you could type up your whole idea and send it to me, I could see what I could do in the back room?

But adding a new section is not the highest priority right now. Perhaps you could make it so it appears like an event, or maybe even a place downtown?

Velocity
10-01-2011, 01:09 PM
If you could type up your whole idea and send it to me, I could see what I could do in the back room?

But adding a new section is not the highest priority right now. Perhaps you could make it so it appears like an event, or maybe even a place downtown?

I wouldn't be opposed to it either. c:

paperfairy
10-01-2011, 01:19 PM
What Dino said.

Temporal Diamond
10-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Hm...I'm not quite sure. It was just a passing thought and I thought I'd suggest it. I'll just write what I think I would like to see. :>

Lord Fedora
10-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I look forward to reading your proposal.

Saraibre Ryu
10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Do we not have the birthday thread anymore? I always thought that thread was a nice idea.

Trainer17
10-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Do we not have the birthday thread anymore? I always thought that thread was a nice idea.

We used to have it. Lol, had it been brought earlier, I'd have nabbed something sweet. Justin would prolly add it sooner or later xD ....or never. D:

paperfairy
10-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Wasn't the whole point to give members stuff on their birthday? We have the Trading Bazaar where you can give stuff all day, every day.

No point.

Although we do have a birthday party for somebody coming up very soon! Keep your eyes peeled!

Foxamivalth
10-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Wasn't the whole point to give members stuff on their birthday? We have the Trading Bazaar where you can give stuff all day, every day.

No point.

Although we do have a birthday party for somebody coming up very soon! Keep your eyes peeled!

It's ** October, that someone is *******. :)

paperfairy
10-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I mean, if somebody here is gonna keep track of birthdays and stuff in a thread here, by all means, go for it. Just remember to use the Trading Bazaar for the actual TRANSFER of stuffs.

Saraibre Ryu
10-08-2011, 04:05 AM
I mean, if somebody here is gonna keep track of birthdays and stuff in a thread here, by all means, go for it. Just remember to use the Trading Bazaar for the actual TRANSFER of stuffs.

So someone can make said thread then for a list of birthdays and people can gift at their leisure then?

paperfairy
10-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Go for it. So long as the Trading Bazaar is used for the actual gift giving (for records purposes)!

KantoBreeder
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
6. You are not able to donate money to any other players. Action will be taken if people try to donate money to others or claim money from others.

But you can gift money to other players using the Trading Bazaar, yes?

paperfairy
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
But you can gift money to other players using the Trading Bazaar, yes?

Yes. I'll just remove that line.

Elbub
10-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Yes. I'll just remove that line.

I'm sure it came up in the past, but I never got around to removing it...

I was such an awesomely attentive leader :D

paperfairy
10-11-2011, 04:35 AM
I wish more people did the Poll Questions in Odd Jobs. They pay well and they help make ASB better! Fill out some questions!

murgle-flag
10-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Well, I've been wondering, why isn't there a daycare? I feel like a system could be implemented to provide the features of: Getting eggs by breeding pokemon, and permanent stat-boosts like vitamins.

Both would cost $ though and take time. I feel like I should ask before proposing anything formally.

Dino
10-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Well, I've been wondering, why isn't there a daycare? I feel like a system could be implemented to provide the features of: Getting eggs by breeding pokemon, and permanent stat-boosts like vitamins.

Both would cost $ though and take time. I feel like I should ask before proposing anything formally.

No one would reject it if you proposed something that we liked.

But, write up the idea fully before anyone can say yes or no.

White Knight
10-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Do Gym Battles have DQs?

Foxamivalth
10-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Yes, Terminal Gym has 3 days DQ limit.

White Knight
10-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Yes, Terminal Gym has 3 days DQ limit.

Does that apply to all gyms, or is that only Terminal?

Serebiish
10-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Does that apply to all gyms, or is that only Terminal?

Well,i'd say that every gym have it's own DQ in it's rules,must standard would be 3 days

Lord Fedora
10-12-2011, 12:56 AM
All Gym leaders are free to choose their own rules as they will, including the DQ limit, so long as they remain the same for all challengers.

Saraibre Ryu
10-19-2011, 11:13 PM
WARNING
The linked video may hold epicness that may be beyond human capability to withhold within one mind.

I do believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZgfVb-iNM&feature=feedlik) should be put into consideration for an ASBL theme song.

That is all.

paperfairy
10-19-2011, 11:16 PM
WARNING
The linked video may hold epicness that may be beyond human capability to withhold within one mind.

I do believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZgfVb-iNM&feature=feedlik) should be put into consideration for an ASBL theme song.

That is all.
I've seen that! We'll discuss.

In other news:

I just realized that since March 6th, in the ASB Boards ALONE, I have made AT LEAST $4071.20 for PE2K, and that is underballing it by A LOT. (I assume there is only one page view for every post, then I multiplied by 4 for every time somebody viewed a post but did not post in return.) That comes out to about $508.90 per month since I rebooted ASB.

That's a lot of money.

Saraibre Ryu
10-19-2011, 11:19 PM
I've seen that! We'll discuss.

In other news:

I just realized that since March 6th, in the ASB Boards ALONE, I have made AT LEAST $4071.20 for PE2K, and that is underballing it by A LOT. (I assume there is only one page view for every post, then I multiplied by 4 for every time somebody viewed a post but did not post in return.) That comes out to about $508.90 per month since I rebooted ASB.

That's a lot of money.

Whoa snap that is a lot of mulla. O_O

We should CELE-B-R-A-T-E!

murgle-flag
10-20-2011, 12:59 AM
^^Not sure if that^^ was supposed to be a Daft Punk reference... One More Time? But whatever. And that is a lot of money... Does that work by ads?

paperfairy
10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
^^Not sure if that^^ was supposed to be a Daft Punk reference... One More Time? But whatever. And that is a lot of money... Does that work by ads?
I'm assuming the site gains 5 cents every time somebody views the ads on each page, and there are two.

Saraibre Ryu
10-20-2011, 01:56 AM

No that was a direct refference to one of the ending themes from Pokemon 4Ever, but I appreciate the Daft Punk option you had. ^^

It all makes me wanna work more for ASB and the forum all together it does it does.

sammy0295
04-16-2012, 06:38 PM
On the topic of ways to increase activity, maybe a tournament or some other event. I know nothing gets me involved like the prospect of winning stuff. I know that a tournament may not work because the battles are probably the slowesr part of the ASB at the moment, but maybe something else?

5TailedDemonLizard
04-16-2012, 07:19 PM
On the topic of ways to increase activity, maybe a tournament or some other event. I know nothing gets me involved like the prospect of winning stuff. I know that a tournament may not work because the battles are probably the slowesr part of the ASB at the moment, but maybe something else?

I agree with sammy. I think if there was one big tournament where all the refs focused on that for a...week or so, or however long it took, then I think people would start to get more interested. So I second this :)

haybalebarn
04-16-2012, 08:30 PM
The tournament doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The major issue I have with the ASB is how long it takes before your battle actually gets reffed. I can post a move, and then wait for 2 months before it gets reffed. In my opinion we need more ref's. However, I don't have that good of an idea on how to get more. I'll most likely be applying myself, but I'm not sure how much time I would have to actually ref.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-16-2012, 09:06 PM
The tournament doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The major issue I have with the ASB is how long it takes before your battle actually gets reffed. I can post a move, and then wait for 2 months before it gets reffed. In my opinion we need more ref's. However, I don't have that good of an idea on how to get more. I'll most likely be applying myself, but I'm not sure how much time I would have to actually ref.

I also think a problem is not having enough people to get the new refs approved. If we could solve that problem, I'm sure the new refs would be itching to get their hands on some of the battles that are waiting around (I know I would).

eishiba
04-16-2012, 09:14 PM
A few points that I can make that have been pointed out to me in my one year span. A torunament MIGHT help some. The problem is that I don't really know how BIG it could be. A year ago there was I'd say about 20-ish people here and now there isn't nearly that number in regulars. Also, it would be hard for refs to concentrate on a week to do a tourny. We do this on our own time. Its easy to burn yourself out though. I really feel bad that I haven't reffed a round until yesterday in almost a month and a half. I'd be interested in doing a tourny somehow, if we could get a few dedicated people. It would have to be run by the higher ups though.

Velocity
04-16-2012, 09:51 PM
I for one would be completely open to a Grand Tournament, only... It wouldn't be very grand. We have like four active members, and maybe seven if you count the sporadically active ones. As for referee inactivity, I'm going to try to get on the ball with reffing, and you guys should too! It earns you money, and it helps the ASBL be more active and therefore awesome. If you want to keep discussing a Tournament though, I'm all ears.

eishiba
04-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I for one would be completely open to a Grand Tournament, only... It wouldn't be very grand. We have like four active members, and maybe seven if you count the sporadically active ones. As for referee inactivity, I'm going to try to get on the ball with reffing, and you guys should too! It earns you money, and it helps the ASBL be more active and therefore awesome. If you want to keep discussing a Tournament though, I'm all ears.

I honestly think this could grow some. Most of the complaints I have heard is having to wait two months before your battle is reffed. If we could cut that down to reffing battles at maybe a week or two, i think that might help it grow.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-16-2012, 10:29 PM

If I get approved I'll help as much as I can!! I'm glad that the "higher powers" are listening to us mere mortals *bows to Velocity*

haybalebarn
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, and I'm working on a ref application right now, but we'll see whether I'm good enough to actually ref. There's also the issue where even if I am able to ref, I'm not sure how much time I would be able to sink into it, as I do quite a few other things, and don't have a lot of free time.

Velocity
04-16-2012, 10:37 PM
If I get approved I'll help as much as I can!! I'm glad that the "higher powers" are listening to us mere mortals *bows to Velocity*

Oh shush.
Anyway, have you applied? If you have I'll check on your approval status.

Yeah, and I'm working on a ref application right now, but we'll see whether I'm good enough to actually ref. There's also the issue where even if I am able to ref, I'm not sure how much time I would be able to sink into it, as I do quite a few other things, and don't have a lot of free time.

Never hurts to try. ;)

KantoBreeder
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
A tournament may encourage more activity, but they also tend to take a very long time from start to finish. The only tournament that ever happened in this league (the Gym Leader Tournament from the old league) took about a year to get a winner, by which time most of the competitors had ended up leaving. Of course, if we could get enough activity from the refs it might be shorter, but tournaments tend to be a long term project.

Velocity
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
A tournament may encourage more activity, but they also tend to take a very long time from start to finish. The only tournament that ever happened in this league (the Gym Leader Tournament from the old league) took about a year to get a winner, by which time most of the competitors had ended up leaving. Of course, if we could get enough activity from the refs it might be shorter, but tournaments tend to be a long term project.

I'd be willing to give a Tournament priority when I go to ref. That's a good point, though, KB. We'd have to get all the refs to ref the Tournament in a timely manner and I'm not sure how to do that!

eishiba
04-17-2012, 12:39 AM

The tourny may take a while. But there should be prizes for winning. Some kind of item, a free first stage pokemon, or something. Prizes always suck people into games.

haybalebarn
04-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Maybe the prize should be a little bit bigger, like the shiny-ification of a current poke. Just throwing it out there.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Maybe the prize should be a little bit bigger, like the shiny-ification of a current poke. Just throwing it out there.

Agreed. I also remember that back on Pokemon Fan Universe (if anyone still remembers it), there was a free catch or evolve of a pokemon after you won something. I think that's a good incentive too!

Socratic Sarcasm
04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Is ASB part of WAR? If it isn't, we could make it that way.

Foxamivalth
04-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Is ASB part of WAR? If it isn't, we could make it that way.
It was not last year. And I doubt it will be this year. But I really, really hope ASB will be part of WAR.

Just a suggestion, if ASB ever be taken out in this year's WAR or make a tournament, maybe we can limit the participant to only use 2 or 3 Pokemon (1 Pokemon per participant if Double Battle) as it will take forever to complete a battle if both participants uses 6 Pokemon.

And I wish I could apply for the ref. The ref test is so out of date as Justin lost his soul in ASB. Since the test was already taken by me so I can't take it anymore even the punishment said I can take another ref test in 2012.

Velocity
04-18-2012, 01:09 AM
@ Haybale: Prizes for winning a regular battle, or the Tourney on the whole?

@ Nar: Freakin' great idea right there. Somebody tell me who's in charge of WAR so I can contact them pretty please?

@ Fox: Limitation's a great idea. As for the ref test, I'm going to try to get a new one up ASAP!

Socratic Sarcasm
04-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Try talking to HKim. I think he's in charge.

eishiba
04-18-2012, 02:36 AM
I think if prizes are given in a tourny it should be for the winner. Not for every match you win.

Velocity
04-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I think if prizes are given in a tourny it should be for the winner. Not for every match you win.

Agreed.

haybalebarn
04-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Yes, that was what I meant earlier.

Riataro
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Hmm... I was thinking about a sorta National Park. Remember how in the Johto region every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday they held bug catching completions.. I was thinking you guys could do the same thing here.

Dino
04-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Hmm... I was thinking about a sorta National Park. Remember how in the Johto region every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday they held bug catching completions.. I was thinking you guys could do the same thing here.

How would you suggest that working on a forum?

Riataro
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Well on certain days, you would open up a topic about the event. (sorta a weekly or bi-weekly event to be fair) A trainer can only use one pokemon and have 30 Park Balls to catch pokemon. This type of even would require a ranger making it much like the safari zone. Though I was thinking why not just bug pokemon catching contest.. why not have a variety of themes? Another example is a Fishing Pokemon Contest.

Here's the basic mechanic template to the event.

1. Trainer may only use one 1 of their own pokemon
2. Trainer is supplied with 30 Park Balls
3. Trainer objective is to catch the highest scoring amount of pokemon.
4. Trainer may use pokemon caught to battle, though if it faints it won't count toward the score.

As for scoring, a pokemon's score is based off it's species multiplied by it's level.

As for prizes, we can discuss that later after Mechanics are final.

eishiba
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Well on certain days, you would open up a topic about the event. (sorta a weekly or bi-weekly event to be fair) A trainer can only use one pokemon and have 30 Park Balls to catch pokemon. This type of even would require a ranger making it much like the safari zone. Though I was thinking why not just bug pokemon catching contest.. why not have a variety of themes? Another example is a Fishing Pokemon Contest.

4. Trainer may use pokemon caught to battle, though if it faints it won't count toward the score.

As for scoring, a pokemon's score is based off it's species multiplied by it's level.

It really sounds like a lot of fun but the thing is I don't think there is enough here to really do that. If you go glancing through the old battles you will see tons of names that you don't see in the current battles page. There are still new people coming in all the time. I really think this could be revived to a point where things like that could take place.

Riataro
04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
It really sounds like a lot of fun but the thing is I don't think there is enough here to really do that. If you go glancing through the old battles you will see tons of names that you don't see in the current battles page. There are still new people coming in all the time. I really think this could be revived to a point where things like that could take place.

I understand. I have a lot more ideas but I'm guessing they require the same amount of activity to work. Though more events help lure people in as well.

Though this on thing that was troubling me was battling... like waiting for someone else.... I was thinking there could be a NPC form of battling where a trainer can select the difficulty of the NPC and the win result will vary. This is to cope with the lack of members wanting to battle each other, yet fulfill the need of trainers battle needs. Plus this is a more useful method for new trainers like me.

Another one would be a rental facility where trainers would rent pokemon and go through sorta like the battle factory. (if this were to boom you could set up something like the Battle Frontier)

Hmmm as for more ways to make money, I'm still thinking about it.

Saraibre Ryu
04-29-2012, 10:29 PM

I can think of how this could work, but that bolded part of there in your explanation...the ASB has no levels. We do already have the Safari right now, but Natonal Park was different.

Here's what I think of a possible National Park:

Go in with one Pokemon
Go in with 15 or 20 Park Balls
Capture highest scoring Pokemon
* Score determined by [Remaining HP + Remaining Energy]/Capture Rate

(This above equasion hasn't been tested, but seems to work out in my head)

Nationl Park Contests never lasted very long in-game. I don't think people should be allowed to use the capture Pokemon either based on how I'm thinking of scoring it since the ASB has no levels, and you coudln't with the ones in-game. ^^'

I think this could work, since the Contest section is rather dead because Lord Fedore is gone and the last contest was never finished...I'm thinking of asking t revamp it again to something simpler. We could probably throw it into there as well.

I really like this idea in general though. ^^

haybalebarn
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Hmm, we have contests, don't we. I say revive that again, I'd love to compete!

Dino
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM

This could be a fun idea but an event of this scale would pretty much last forever because of having to constantly ref it and ect. It would end up like doubling the safari zone everytime it is held. So I don't believe this would work out well, especially with our current activity state.

/coughcough/ We want it back as well.

Saraibre Ryu
04-29-2012, 10:55 PM

I'm thinking of keeping the Contest section mostly to appeals of various type and difficulty, and make a simple but effective method of judging that's easy to understand and learn. I'm open to any suggestions anyone has, but lets not take away from the National Park idea. XD

5TailedDemonLizard
04-29-2012, 11:09 PM
My favorite part of the games was the bug-catching contest. I think this is a really good idea and I would be behind it 100%

Riataro
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
The forum itself has a pretty good member base. The problem is how do you keep them playing the ASB. I agree that the National Park isn't going to work out at this very moment so I was thinking of making this more appealing single player styled things. You see I've noticed that almost every option in the ASB requires two or more players to work. Why not use "NPCs" or Refs to take the position of the other player. These will require more action updates but it becomes similar to that of a TRPG where an updater helps the player progress through a simulated story. Though with the NPCs a player can choose from sever different "stock" trainers where he/she can battle instead of another actual person.

The point of this is to provide a option for members to play without the need to rely on other players, though this will require a lot more updates from the staff.

Dino
04-29-2012, 11:20 PM
The forum itself has a pretty good member base. The problem is how do you keep them playing the ASB. I agree that the National Park isn't going to work out at this very moment so I was thinking of making this more appealing single player styled things. You see I've noticed that almost every option in the ASB requires two or more players to work. Why not use "NPCs" or Refs to take the position of the other player. These will require more action updates but it becomes similar to that of a TRPG where an updater helps the player progress through a simulated story. Though with the NPCs a player can choose from sever different "stock" trainers where he/she can battle instead of another actual person.

The point of this is to provide a option for members to play without the need to rely on other players, though this will require a lot more updates from the staff.

Okay, maybe think about it this way...
If you verse one of these NPCs, one of the staff or someone has to control him or her.
Thus it still requires two people to participate.

If the purpose of this is, to have a controlled difficulty, (Which is what I'm guessing...) you can do that yourself. When posting a challenge in the VS Seeker, use limitations to bring the level of difficulty down.
Example - You can only use stage 1 pokemon for this battle.

Riataro
04-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Okay, maybe think about it this way...
If you verse one of these NPCs, one of the staff or someone has to control him or her.
Thus it still requires two people to participate.

If the purpose of this is, to have a controlled difficulty, (Which is what I'm guessing...) you can do that yourself. When posting a challenge in the VS Seeker, use limitations to bring the level of difficulty down.
Example - You can only use stage 1 pokemon for this battle.

I know what you mean there, also because it's impossible to cut it down to a simple 1 person action. The staff is there always to make sure things go properly. The point of this is to provide a 2 way interaction instead of a 3+ which is what the normal battles are atm. The only downside in this is that the staff needs to be extremely active depending on it's popularity. It's basically the same thing as the battles you have right now, though it's removing 1 of the 3 parties to reduce waiting time.

2 person interaction is as low as you can go, though there are multiple ways you can portray this by setting different themes. Then all you have to do is add in different variables like rules or other people and you got yourself a whole new scenario.

You just to start at the vary basics and once you got your dedicated group you'll things to slowly grow bigger and then you'll be able to try out the ideas that require more activity

Dino
04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I know what you mean there, also because it's impossible to cut it down to a simple 1 person action. The staff is there always to make sure things go properly. The point of this is to provide a 2 way interaction instead of a 3+ which is what the normal battles are atm. The only downside in this is that the staff needs to be extremely active depending on it's popularity. It's basically the same thing as the battles you have right now, though it's removing 1 of the 3 parties to reduce waiting time.

2 person interaction is as low as you can go, though there are multiple ways you can portray this by setting different themes. Then all you have to do is add in different variables like rules or other people and you got yourself a whole new scenario.

You just to start at the vary basics and once you got your dedicated group you'll things to slowly grow bigger and then you'll be able to try out the ideas that require more activity

Three is the lowest you can go.
One of the participants in the battle can't ref it as well.
-Example
If you and I were battling with just us two as you suggested.
I use Ice Beam. You say dodge.
I'm pretty sure you don't want your opponent making the decision on whether your pokemon can dodge or not. It would be to bias a system.

eishiba
04-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm thinking of keeping the Contest section mostly to appeals of various type and difficulty, and make a simple but effective method of judging that's easy to understand and learn. I'm open to any suggestions anyone has, but lets not take away from the National Park idea. XD

Couldn't one make levels for something like this? I know it sounds more like a "luck" game but you could roll 1-100 to determine the level of the Pokemon you find. It wouldn't have to affect how it battles or its HP or energy amount.

Riataro
04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Three is the lowest you can go.
One of the participants in the battle can't ref it as well.
-Example
If you and I were battling with just us two as you suggested.
I use Ice Beam. You say dodge.
I'm pretty sure you don't want your opponent making the decision on whether your pokemon can dodge or not. It would be to bias a system.

A basic TRPG works in where an updater simply uses RNGs to determine most of the actions take Orange Island Forums as a reference. When a player progresses in the story its much like PE2K's Safari Zone Ranger, but with more detail. The Moderator or Updater (aka staff) isn't out to win, but to challenge the players thinking ability / strategy. The staff in a sense have to be as unbiased as possible.

Couldn't one make levels for something like this? I know it sounds more like a "luck" game but you could roll 1-100 to determine the level of the Pokemon you find. It wouldn't have to affect how it battles or its HP or energy amount.

Yes you can actually, though it seems as the whole URPG is based upon a RNG/Luck

3m0d0ll
04-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Then stuck around, you're in for a pleasant surprise real soon. ;)

Saraibre Ryu
04-29-2012, 11:53 PM

Levels don't really work out much in my mind. Since this is entire section of the forum is ANime Style based, levels don't make sense in my head at all.

The equasion I suggested before: [Remaining HP + Remaining Energy]/Capture rate

This would allow a more level playing field regarding points and winners. Yes, someone could potentially win with a Caterpie or Metapod, but rarer finds with lower capture rates, give you more points by having a lower divisible denominator. I'm leaving a level factor completely out of it because...well this is Anime Style battling. XD

It's hard enough to find rare Pokemon on the Safari System we have now. Finding rare Pokemon in a National Park run doesn't seem much different to me.

eishiba
04-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Levels don't really work out much in my mind. Since this is entire section of the forum is ANime Style based, levels don't make sense in my head at all.

The equasion I suggested before: [Remaining HP + Remaining Energy]/Capture rate

This would allow a more level playing field regarding points and winners. Yes, someone could potentially win with a Caterpie or Metapod, but rarer finds with lower capture rates, give you more points by having a lower divisible denominator. I'm leaving a level factor completely out of it because...well this is Anime Style battling. XD

It's hard enough to find rare Pokemon on the Safari System we have now. Finding rare Pokemon in a National Park run doesn't seem much different to me.

Just thinking out loud but if there were levels to the pokemon caught, it would make it interesting to decide which Pokemon is stronger. Person A's level 50 Caterpie or Person B's level 38 Butterfree. The winner could be the one to keep what he catches and the level woudn't mean anything once it belonged to someone just like any other Pokemon on here.

Dino
04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
I believe that implementing a National Park will have to be on a smaller scale. It is going to be too difficult to implement a pretty much modified Safari Zone. I know it would be a cool idea but it should be scaled down so that it would be easier to manage.

As for the NPCs or TRPG idea.
Using a random generator takes both the skill and strategy away from a battle. RPG would make the battle like that of you verses a wild pokemon in a game. I understand how your trying to found the idea, but I don't think we can implicate it in the way you want. Maybe set up a tutoring system, where older members can help younger member with strategy by assisting them in a battle.

Riataro
04-30-2012, 12:27 AM
TBH the National Park itself can replace the Safari Zone, basically having the same elements though having different areas. Although it still won't be popular enough due to the lack of activity in the whole section.

As for the contest, finishing the current ones would be the best idea.

For some reason player should have an incentive for playing more, its just natural with most games multiplayer online games I see.

As for the NPC idea, your correct it's basically like battling a wild pokemon. Though I understand if it's not going to work. I just think that there needs to be a simpler way a player can enjoy battling while reducing waiting time.

Dino
04-30-2012, 12:38 AM
TBH the National Park itself can replace the Safari Zone, basically having the same elements though having different areas. Although it still won't be popular enough due to the lack of activity in the whole section.

As for the contest, finishing the current ones would be the best idea.

For some reason player should have an incentive for playing more, its just natural with most games multiplayer online games I see.

As for the NPC idea, your correct it's basically like battling a wild pokemon. Though I understand if it's not going to work. I just think that there needs to be a simpler way a player can enjoy battling while reducing waiting time.

We've revamped the Safari Zone once already, I don't think the staff wants to change it all over again.

"I just think that there needs to be a simpler way a player can enjoy battling while reducing waiting time."
The ASB is always going to be slow (slower than PO and URPG) just because of how its set up. The only way to reduce waiting time is to increase activity in refs.

Riataro
04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
We've revamped the Safari Zone once already, I don't think the staff wants to change it all over again.

"I just think that there needs to be a simpler way a player can enjoy battling while reducing waiting time."
The ASB is always going to be slow (slower than PO and URPG) just because of how its set up. The only way to reduce waiting time is to increase activity in refs.

Well in my current situation I'm lacking an opponent. Anyway it's up to you guys really, nothing more I can do.

Saraibre Ryu
04-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Then stuck around, you're in for a pleasant surprise real soon. ;)

Huh? Something going' down I'm not aware of? O.o

Dino
04-30-2012, 02:43 AM

I don't know?
I guess you'll just have to wait and see won't you?
;)

Velocity
04-30-2012, 02:44 AM

Pe2k needs a trollface smiley. Since we don't have one, I'll leave you this instead.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/3/18/11/14-looks-more-like-new-trollface-30550-1300460664-42.jpg
Epic Troll Face courtesy of Dino

Grassy_Aggron
07-05-2012, 03:42 AM
So, I just joined.

And I was talking with Sabi, I came up with a way for both the ability Harvest and the move Natural Gift to be used in the ASB.

All right, I'll start with Harvest because it's the easier one. Just a basic description. I tried to make it as simple as possible, and Sabi helped me with percentages and the dice rolls ^^

Harvest: Reverses the odds of getting a Natural Power with a BP of 80 instead of 60 in the user's favor. Has no effect on the chances of getting one with a BP of 70.

And now, for Natural Gift, conveniently set up in the way of the Compendium and then with further elaboration.

Number: 363
Name: Natural Gift
BP: 60/70/80
Accuracy: 100
Damage Type: Physical
Type: Normal
Energy Modifier: 3 (The move is already risky as is and random as heck)
Impact: Singular Target
Priority: 0
Description: Dice roll of 100 used to determine power level. 1-50 is a BP of 60, 51-85 is a BP of 70, and 86-100 is a BP of 80. The ability Harvest reverses this, making 1-50 a BP of 80, 51-85 a BP of 70, and 86-100 a BP of 60. Then a dice roll of 1-17 is used to determine the type (I don't know how you use it - you can either use Serebii's type line up which is the games - starts with Normal ending with Steel - or Veekun's which is alphabetical for the types. This is to be decided on by all the refs).

There are 17 Pokemon Types, and 3 Power Levels in total. This makes for a whopping 51 possibilities when using the move. Harvest, for the whole of three pokemon who get it via DW, increases the odds of getting the better BP, but it isn't guaranteed.

Percentage wise...

50% = 60 BP
35% = 70 BP
15% = 80 BP

With Harvest, it flips.

50% = 80 BP
35% = 70 BP
15% = 60 BP

Even so, you still have a 50% chance of NOT getting a BP of 80 with Harvest.

And even if you get a strong BP, you can't select the type. It's all incredibly risky, but I'm sure there are those who enjoy a surprise and like to gamble. If need be, I'd love to test out the move and ability myself to see if it works all right.

...But uh...I don't have either a DW Exeggute or DW Tropius |D (YES I WOULD TOTALLY GAMBLE WITH THIS MOVE. Risks are fun :D )

EDIT: *Sees trollface and dancing bananas* ...Oh man, this medication is really messing up my head...

White Knight
07-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Just lettin' everyone know that any battle that is ready to be reffed can be considered CLAIMED BY ME. I'll finish them before the last WAR battle ends. :3

eishiba
07-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Well, my job just laid me off so no more 12 hour a day work :) So I'm going to be reffing alot also now. So when the threads are reopened Ill have lots of time to spare.

Socratic Sarcasm
08-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Dredd made the excellent suggestion that the refs take on "apprentices" for a time to help them get the hang of reffing before taking the ref test.

Judge Dredd
08-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Dredd made the excellent suggestion that the refs take on "apprentices" for a time to help them get the hang of reffing before taking the ref test.

awesome ! i was worried you took my comment the wrong way. I think it would help asb a lot if you had a ton of refs. I would sign up for the program in a second !

3m0d0ll
08-19-2012, 01:24 AM
I think the higher-ups have already talked about this, though I don't remember our decision. :I

Socratic Sarcasm
08-21-2012, 09:33 PM
If you don't remember the decision, how about you redecide (preferably in favor). Perhaps a pay to the teachers each week, to encourage them.

3m0d0ll
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I'll talk about it with the other officials and we'll let you know. c:

eishiba
10-30-2012, 05:39 AM
This place has grown so dead I can see cob webs everywhere. XD

Saraibre Ryu
10-30-2012, 06:24 AM
Yeah really...after WAR, all the refs disappeared...we kind of need them to keep ASB running. >< Nevermind the people waiting on their ref test results so they can help out too. I've been bothered by people about it and I'm not even an official. XD

Dark Moonlight
10-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I can see the tumbleweed rolling. It would be nice if this place picked up more activity.

Saraibre Ryu
11-03-2012, 06:06 AM
We need refs though. Seriously, it's like all the staff poofed or something...and it can't help people that want to be refs, since we need them to finish with the ref test results.

Dino
11-03-2012, 11:46 PM
We need refs though. Seriously, it's like all the staff poofed or something...and it can't help people that want to be refs, since we need them to finish with the ref test results.

That is someone I can try and do...
I can't do it this weekend but maybe next, since school will be pretty light then.

paperfairy
01-30-2013, 04:20 AM
Hey, quick question, and please be honest!

Does anybody find Compendium's load times to be on the long side? I always have HATED how long it takes Compendium to load, and usually when Compendium breaks, it's been me trying to speed things up, and then bustin' them pretty hard.

Obviously, downtime isn't too severe (I think tonight was the longest bout for around 6 hours, and only one person notified me), but there's no point in constantly trying to make Compendium faster if I'm the only person who cares, since I don't even use Compendium myself.

3m0d0ll
01-30-2013, 04:25 AM
Hey, quick question, and please be honest!

Does anybody find Compendium's load times to be on the long side? I always have HATED how long it takes Compendium to load, and usually when Compendium breaks, it's been me trying to speed things up, and then bustin' them pretty hard.

Obviously, downtime isn't too severe (I think tonight was the longest bout for around 6 hours, and only one person notified me), but there's no point in constantly trying to make Compendium faster if I'm the only person who cares, since I don't even use Compendium myself.

Calculations load instantly and about one second for tab changes, for me.

paperfairy
01-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Calculations load instantly and about one second for tab changes, for me.

I meant when you first load the page, silly.

3m0d0ll
01-30-2013, 05:06 AM
I meant when you first load the page, silly.

Just did it and clocked it at four seconds.

Dark Moonlight
01-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Just did it and clocked it at four seconds.
Yeah, it loads pretty fast for me, too (the only thing that loads slow on this computer are these forums, actually). Sure you're not just lagging?

paperfairy
01-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Maybe I'm just being snobbby - it's not my connection, because I've tested Compendium on other computers on other networks... but okay. I'll get a few more opinions.

Socratic Sarcasm
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
The Compendium is often slow for me. There are times when it point blank refuses to load for days on end.

Dino
01-31-2013, 02:45 AM
I get everything from the Compendium pretty much instantly...
So, I don't have any problems.

Neku Sakuraba
02-23-2013, 04:35 PM
SO.

The ASB needs something to get itself back on track. Something that would encourage members to join so we could have tourneys again. Good tourneys where we have people who would go the whole way. Derp.

Also, the Compendium loads fine for me.

3m0d0ll
02-23-2013, 05:45 PM
SO.

The ASB needs something to get itself back on track. Something that would encourage members to join so we could have tourneys again. Good tourneys where we have people who would go the whole way. Derp.

Also, the Compendium loads fine for me.

The only thing we can really do to boost activity is increase Reffing/Rangering speed, which will cause people to need to come online more often and battles will be completed faster, which will give people more money to buy more Pokemon so they can feel confident enough to sign up for a Tour. :P