PDA

View Full Version : Poor, Poor Audino...

Zan Sabrefang
03-13-2011, 12:18 AM
It seems Nintendo have gone out of their way to make people feel guilty about Powerlevelling.
The Best EXP comes from Audino...
A cute Pokemon who actually HEALS you while you mercilessly work to make it's species extinct.
If I had a heart, I would stop; but I have a Haxorus to level.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2011, 01:15 AM
I <3 Audino...it's just so..fluffy! *hugs one*

Graceful_Suicune
03-13-2011, 03:34 AM
xDDD Yeah, I totally know what you mean. They could at least have made it a pokemon that nobody liked; one that everyone would like to have beaten up. xD

~GS.

HKim
03-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Worse yet, it always pops up when you're looking for OTHER Pokemon in the shaking grass. And since you don't want to let good XP go to waste...

Ridley
03-13-2011, 04:05 AM
I have no regrets about hunting this species to extinction. Not until level 70ish when I can use the Elite 4 as a superior alternative.

Winter
03-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Audino may be cute and all, as well as a healer, but otherwise, as far as I've seen it's pointless on an actual team. 'Course it could also be I tend to load my team with pokemon that I know have decent attacks.

And yeah, why couuldn't have been B/W's Bidoof instead of Lillipup('cause I'm ready to punt one if given the chance).

Mr420
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
i'd pay a dollar to see that^
just as long as you're not punting Munna. :confused:

Redwar
03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
i'd pay a dollar to see that^
just as long as you're not punting Munna. :confused:

But it's so usefully rugby ball shaped...

Princess_Eevee9
03-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Munna was abused enough by Team Plasma though :(!! Hmm that thing reminds me of Chansey&Blissey don't feel bad beating up on the thing!:happy:

Jack of Clovers
03-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I know, poor Audino. It's so cute.

~Jack~

Charizard Michelle
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah....I don't want to fight it too since it takes a while but good Exp can't be thrown away. The worse part is that it always shows up when I forget to switch out to the pokemon I am trying to train.

Feel bad for my little bro since he wants to train one since it reminds him of Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time. Heard they not that useful in battle.

winstein
03-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Now if you can face a Blissey that would be different, since she has the highest Experience yield. Still, I am not familiar with Audino's commonness, so I have no right to comment on comparisons.

Thanks for reading.

Turtletwig
03-15-2011, 08:07 AM
You know, I wonder why Audino is so cute and huggable... and is also an experience farm.

Now if you can face a Blissey that would be different, since she has the highest Experience yield. Still, I am not familiar with Audino's commonness, so I have no right to comment on comparisons.

Thanks for reading.

Audino are almost guranteed to appear in shaking grass patches, and can be found in anywhere with grass. It's much, much more common than Blissey, which can only be found in certain Trainer battles late-game.

jmaus
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I have only seen it once, but it was an excellent XP boost :)

Charizard Michelle
03-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Here is a point for Audino, it helped my little brother when his badge battle against Elesa. It took out her last pokemon.

HKim
03-16-2011, 05:22 AM
I do like the introduction of the "heal other Pokemon" mechanic they've introduced with Audino. I think it adds another dimension to Pokemon.

Hoshika
03-16-2011, 06:36 AM
My one Audino wiped out the entire 6th gym on his own at level 35.

ReoPai
03-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I have an Audino on my team, She's got Attract, Retaliate, Surf, and Shadow Ball. Shes proven to be worth having her on my team since I caught her back on route 3 I think it was. owo

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Yeah I don't really care about the merciless slaying of countless Audinos because they give such marvelous experience...

However, as soon as they heal me, I always feel a little bit guilty... but what can you do, right?

Aside from that, I've never felt remorse for defeating Pokemon because they're cute.

Except for Lillipup.

I was EV training my Gyarados on Route 1, and I was curbstomping every Lillipup and Patrat I saw with Waterfall or Earthquake. I could deal with the Patrat because it's Patrat, but everytime I KOed a Lillipup, I couldn't help but think, "I have actually stooped to the level of killing puppies... I mean, they're PUPPIES!"

ReoPai
03-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Yeah I don't really care about the merciless slaying of countless Audinos because they give such marvelous experience...

However, as soon as they heal me, I always feel a little bit guilty... but what can you do, right?

Aside from that, I've never felt remorse for defeating Pokemon because they're cute.

Except for Lillipup.

I was EV training my Gyarados on Route 1, and I was curbstomping every Lillipup and Patrat I saw with Waterfall or Earthquake. I could deal with the Patrat because it's Patrat, but everytime I KOed a Lillipup, I couldn't help but think, "I have actually stooped to the level of killing puppies... I mean, they're PUPPIES!"
Are audinos like.. Common in other games? :I Cause I have only ever encountered ONE. And I have yet to see any other shaking grass, ever. xD
Yet my friend jess says she runs into them all the time, enough so to not even know they were rare till I told her.

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Are audinos like.. Common in other games? :I Cause I have only ever encountered ONE. And I have yet to see any other shaking grass, ever. xD
Yet my friend jess says she runs into them all the time, enough so to not even know they were rare till I told her.

Audino can ONLY be found in shaking grass :O

So you must have encountered shaking grass at least once :P Maybe you just didn't notice that it was shaking.

If you use a repel and run through grass for a little while, a shaking patch will invariably appear. It usually only takes about a minute and a half for me, but that length of time can and does fluctuate quite a bit.

Woodchuck
03-25-2011, 03:07 AM
Audino can ONLY be found in shaking grass :O

So you must have encountered shaking grass at least once :P Maybe you just didn't notice that it was shaking.

If you use a repel and run through grass for a little while, a shaking patch will invariably appear. It usually only takes about a minute and a half for me, but that length of time can and does fluctuate quite a bit.

You don't even have to run through the grass. Just run back and forth next to a patch of grass for a while and a patch of it will start shaking. It can take anywhere from five seconds to over a minute.

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-25-2011, 03:14 AM
You don't even have to run through the grass. Just run back and forth next to a patch of grass for a while and a patch of it will start shaking. It can take anywhere from five seconds to over a minute.

That's true. I probably should've explained that instead...

Woodchuck
03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
That's true. I probably should've explained that instead...

Eh, either way works. You just don't have to spend money on repels if you run next to the grass. xD

Saraibre Ryu
03-25-2011, 05:49 PM
It seems Nintendo have gone out of their way to make people feel guilty about Powerlevelling.
The Best EXP comes from Audino...
A cute Pokemon who actually HEALS you while you mercilessly work to make it's species extinct.
If I had a heart, I would stop; but I have a Haxorus to level.

Whats even more amusing is that there is a NPC in the game that actually acknowledges this fact.

Speed-X
03-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Whats even more amusing is that there is a NPC in the game that actually acknowledges this fact.
Mind telling us where this NPC is, or what she says?
XD

Also, I seriously don't see how anyone can feel remorse. honestly, I love pokemon, but they're just pixels on the screen.

Saraibre Ryu
03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Mind telling us where this NPC is, or what she says?
XD

Also, I seriously don't see how anyone can feel remorse. honestly, I love pokemon, but they're just pixels on the screen.

It's in a Pokemon Centre...I can't remember where. I have to scour though them anyway to find maniacs to buy my stuff I don't need. I honestly found her an hour after reading this thread the first time and was like '...Well okay then... O_O'

When I find her...I will be sure to screeny and post here. I swear on my shiny Litwick.