PDA

View Full Version : Victini; Modeled after Celebi?

CHAMPION Destric
03-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Could Victini have been modeled after Celebi? I have both, but look at the two of them:
http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/b/bd/Celepi_Anime.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/3/38/210px-Victini.png

First of all, that V on their belly. Both have it in the same exact spot, in a similar curve.
Also, while Victini has very large ears, Celebi has the top of a non-bloomed plant looking thing on its head. Each head piece is a prominent detail in the character. On top of that, both of them have blue eyes and three fingers.

Next is the type. Now, this may not mean much since almost all legendaries are part psychic, but notice that Victini and Celebi are both part phychic type. Also, on a related note, they have similar base stats... The once difference; Victini has a type advantage over Celebi.

Also, the Natural Ability. Notice that each of their natural abilities have the same amount of characters into each word? This one's just crazy speculation at this point.

With all of this speculation, I get the feeling that Victini was made to be Celebi's sucessor.

Now all they need is a water-psychic.

Viva la Gofre
03-22-2011, 12:21 AM
A) The V pattern on the belly is the only real shared characteristic that indicates any kind of relationship. Other than that they differ greatly. Victini has large ears, while celebi simply has a big head and no ears at all. Victini has large "legs" with small feet, Celebi has giant feet attached to sticks for legs (There's also the clawed-unclawed difference). Furthermore the remaining similarities are shared by the whole suite of "cute legendaries" of which one is introduced each generation- Mew, Jirachi and Shaymin all also have three claws on each hand, large eyes and a cutesy demeanour. These are simply recurring design trends present in each generation several times (Pidgey>Hoothoot>Tailow>Starly, Ratata>Sentret>Zigzagoon>bidoof, etc).

B) Typing is once again shared with several Pokemon that match the profile; Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin and Manaphy. Two of which also share the psychic typing.

C) Celebi's ability is Natural Recovery in Japanese, whereas Victory Star is a literal translation of the original name. Unless Game Freak planned ahead for this coincidence, it is simply that- a coincidence.

D) Celebi and Victini share very little in the way of connecting backstorys, much less to suggest one is the other's successor. Jirachi and Celebi are a more associable pairing, one embodying time and the other space.

So yeah, I think you're reading way too far into this =P

Lord Celebi
03-22-2011, 02:01 AM
I think it's just another cute "secret" legend Pokemon, like Mew and Jirachi. :/ I'm a leading Celebi expert, so I think you can trust me.

Professor Geoffrey
03-22-2011, 02:20 AM
I think it's just another cute "secret" legend Pokemon, like Mew and Jirachi. :/ I'm a leading Celebi expert, so I think you can trust me.

And I'm a leading Lapras, Mew and Pokémon expert. =D

It's sad though that they've upped it to two. Manaphy and Shaymin, and now Victini and Merloetta.

But yeah, Victini's another one of those. If anything, Victini is modeled after Mew, because Celebi is (and Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Merloetta).

~Professor Geoffrey

CHAMPION Destric
03-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Okey then. I probably am reading too far into this, but I always pay either too much, or too little attention to detail, which in terms of how some of my pokemon turned out is wonderful! The IV calculator even claims my(legit, foo) Celebi as having illegal stats, yet I don't know what caused it. :eh: Even so, point withstanding, I fail in a social environment, and this is clearly one of those which I fail in. :razz:

Viva la Gofre
03-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Okey then. I probably am reading too far into this, but I always pay either too much, or too little attention to detail, which in terms of how some of my pokemon turned out is wonderful! The IV calculator even claims my(legit, foo) Celebi as having illegal stats, yet I don't know what caused it. :eh: Even so, point withstanding, I fail in a social environment, and this is clearly one of those which I fail in. :razz:
That would be because of an error inputting the EVs, putting that number lower than it should be can make IVs jump quite significantly.

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Victini's leg shape (from knees to stomach) looks provocative.

DRAKING
03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
First of all, that V on their belly. Both have it in the same exact spot, in a similar curve.
Also, while Victini has very large ears, Celebi has the top of a non-bloomed plant looking thing on its head. Each head piece is a prominent detail in the character. On top of that, both of them have blue eyes and three fingers.

Yeah I agree with you... they look so similar the programmers obviously made these Pokemon related :biggrin:

Now all they need is a water-psychic.

Eh, no. Forgot about the Slowpoke family? I rather say they need a Normal/Psychic. So cool because it now takes normal damage from Fighting attacks, AND now that I think about it is immune to Ghost moves as well! And some nice STAB moves along the way probably... Also I think Normal/Psychic pretty much comes down to a human pokemon :P

Larvinator
03-23-2011, 05:33 AM
I always thought it looked like a mutant Skitty, myself.

shadowinfernape
03-24-2011, 12:29 AM
They look a bit similar and they also have the same stats just like jirachi,mew and manaphy.Oh and Draking Girafarig is a Normal/Psychic type

camds
03-24-2011, 04:58 PM
People are looking into this way to much, just because its small and its a legendary people automatically think it was modeled after Celebi, sure, mabye it was, but there are lots of others that have the potential to be modelled after celebi but we dont mention them because they arnt legendaries.

winstein
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
It doesn't look like Celebi's a precedent model to me. I think it's established that there will be a 100-all legendary every Generation that looks cute, and both of them look cute and tiny. Besides those, there aren't any modelling factors that hinted the two are one and the same.

Thanks for reading.

Speed-X
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
No, it wasn't their intention. besides, all of the event only, fairy-like pokemon (Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, Victini, and kinda Mew) generally have similar characteristics.

in all honesty, Jirachi is just as similar to Celebi as Victini is: slightly similar, but nowhere bear as close as you think.=_=

Randor
03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I find it plausible that Victini is based and created off of Celebi, but in my opinion almost all the pokemon of each generation are based off of a evolution chain of previous Pokemon, just with a few more additions and newer pokemon styles.