PDA

View Full Version : Fear

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-23-2011, 09:47 PM
What are your fears?

To be honest, I am mortally fearful cancer and being in front of a ton of people (I studder a lot).

Ant2011
03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I have white coat syndrome. I have not had a blood test since I was 3. My mother needs to keep a constantly changing conversation with me during a shot or I pass out. If I see blood, I pass out. I refuse any type of injection, or blood test. Doctors can't force it on me. I have also not given blood to the red cross.

I have arachnaphobia? screw it, I'm scared of spiders. mainly because when I was 6, I watched saturday morning cartoons while eating cereal from the box. One spring morning I was stuffing handful after handful of Trix into my mouth while watching Ash and Pikachu whoop Team Rocket. I felt something wierd crawl up my arm in the box, and so I look, and it's a spider. I screamed like a 10 year old little girl. Ever since I've been afraid of spiders (more of a hate; I see you, you're getting killed), and I don't eat Trix.

I am also afraid of rejection, hence why I have not asked out the girl I've liked for almost 2 years. IT'S TORTURE!!!! I really want to ask her out, but I'm terrified of rejection.

Not Safe For Adults
03-23-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm afraid of all kinds of bugs - spiders, ants, butterflies, ladybugs, gnats, you name it. I'm mainly afraid of them crawling on me or getting in my mouth... or hurting me somehow.

I am also such a hypochondriac that I had to start anxiety medication to keep myself calm... otherwise I start doing some pretty extreme stuff around sick people, haha.

Lastly, I don't like talking to strangers or getting into social situations. I don't have stage fright though, thanks to all the theatre classes I've taken.

Neo Emolga
03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
I fear getting fat. I've seen morbidly obese people, and it looks like absolute hell. They can barely walk, sitting down and getting up requires so much additional effort, and many of them look miserable and unattractive.

My doctor has told me I'm at least 20 pounds underweight (I'm 6'4" and weigh 170 pounds), and frankly, I don't care, I like staying this way and I have no intentions of changing it. Meanwhile, I treat ice cream like its the freaking plague, I'm always looking at nutrition facts labels (if one serving is higher than 20% the daily allowance of fat, usually out it goes), and I often try to sidestep out of having dessert with the rest of the family.

Skylands
03-24-2011, 12:18 AM
- Insects (especially spiders)
- Needles/injections, or anything medical-related for that matter
- Horror movies
- Failure
- Public speaking
- Germs and disease

Etymology
03-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Death and not amounting to anything in my life. I'm not sure if my haemophobia still exists, haven't really seen a lot of real blood for a while.

Phantom Kat
03-24-2011, 01:53 AM
At school I fear tall people. I'm only 5' 1" or 5'2" depending on the shoes, and I'm always on the lookout for the tall people who are not watching where they're going. I fear they're not going to see me and will bowl me over or smash me against the wall. I fear going to Europe if everybody's so tall. We have an exchange student from the Netherlands, and though we're the same age (18), I only reach his elbow. D:

Seriously, though, I fear growing up alone. I know there's the phrase, "There's someone out there for everyone," but I'm afraid that I'm not going to find that special someone that I"m going to have kids with and live in a house and whatnot. Though I like privacy and alone time, I can't imagine growing up alone.

I used to be petrified of having some kind of stomach parasite after watching a documentary, especially because a parasite could be living inside you for years, reproducing and creating more. I would check my food like crazy to make sure nothing was on it.

- Kat

MoonKit
03-24-2011, 03:02 AM
~People much taller than 5 feet tall
~Confines spaces without windows/being crowded (Clostraphobia)
~Many insects (Not including Ladybugs, butterflies, moths, or any other cute insect)
~Talking
~Being around other people
~People in general.
~The great outdoors

Explanations:

Five feet+: I'm only 4'11. I may be the second tallest fifth Grader that I know, but I'm scared of tall people. Never grown up with tall people, and I have always been the tallest in my class except for this year and half of last year.

Confined spaces: I dont know how I got clostraphobia, I just dont like confines spaces like my school's restrooms or elevators.

Insects: I get bit by mosquitoes 1/2 of the time that I go outside, or I get bit by spiders or stung by bees. Really, the first time I noticed my Insect Fear was when I was five, when I stupidly picked up a bee with my simple Index finger, a Wasp no doubt, who didnt wanna let go. Oddly, I didn't even hurt the thing.

Talking: I have lived with people screaming at me, yelling at me, or talking at the sound of a scream and I am deathly sick of it. I have never really liked talking or reading aloud, and I never will.

People/being around many of them: My friends ALWAYS move away/transfer to different schools, and I am starting to get to sad to care. My friends I rarely ever talk to unless we are torturing one another, talking badly about someone who got me/them/the class in trouble, such as Ariana always does, or just plotting something.

Outdoors: I get hurt too much, and it's just too hard to be out here without remembering my old dog, Lady (And no, she is not named after the purple and gold train from Thomas the Train, she was named Lady many years before that movie).

The pokemaster
03-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Bees. I absolutely hate bees. They freak me out soooo much. Just the bzzzzz and the flying and the stingy and scary colours and ehhhhhhhhhh...

MoonKit
03-24-2011, 03:55 AM
I was scared by a Humming Bird because of it sounding like a Bee right next to me ear. I scared it away, sadly.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Needles and sharp things and any medical-related stuff. I've been getting better at handling it though. It's all about remembering to breathe. xD

And I've recently given myself claustrophobia. I don't know how but all of a sudden I've started panicking when in small/enclosed spaces or even in train carraiges/buses if there are a lot of people in there and no open windows. I just imagine them taking up all the oxygen... Stange, I know!

Doodlebop
03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Ohhh, man.

I am afraid of many, many things, most of them completely rational, others... not so much. Probably the biggest fear I have is no one ever caring for me. The idea of being completely alone without a friend in the world horrifies me beyond words. Another big fear I have is not doing anything important. I have this inane desire to do something.... special. Be recognized. I'm afraid of being just another person in the crowd....

...But, yeah... *sigh*

Pokemon_Ron
03-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I admit, I'm afraid of spiders. Them freaking things creep me the hell out.

ReoPai
03-25-2011, 04:34 AM
I have white coat syndrome. I have not had a blood test since I was 3. My mother needs to keep a constantly changing conversation with me during a shot or I pass out. If I see blood, I pass out. I refuse any type of injection, or blood test. Doctors can't force it on me. I have also not given blood to the red cross.

I have arachnaphobia? screw it, I'm scared of spiders. mainly because when I was 6, I watched saturday morning cartoons while eating cereal from the box. One spring morning I was stuffing handful after handful of Trix into my mouth while watching Ash and Pikachu whoop Team Rocket. I felt something wierd crawl up my arm in the box, and so I look, and it's a spider. I screamed like a 10 year old little girl. Ever since I've been afraid of spiders (more of a hate; I see you, you're getting killed), and I don't eat Trix.

I am also afraid of rejection, hence why I have not asked out the girl I've liked for almost 2 years. IT'S TORTURE!!!! I really want to ask her out, but I'm terrified of rejection.
Get it out of the way man, just ask her. I mean, the worst you gotta suffer is a hurt pride, but really, suck it up and ask. :P Fear of rejection will only hold you back in life, and cause you to wonder what could have been. I say give it all the the wind and let it flow, roll with the punches and just let life take you where it wants you.

Also;

I have alot of fears. Fear of being a burden, fear of being dependant. Fear of dark water.
Fear of bees, Fear of spiders. Fear of death.

But when it comes to bugs, I feel too bad to kill them. I let them outside.
except bees, cause Im too scared to get close, if theyre inside. So tommy generally tries to catch them and let them out for me, but he usually kills them if they're not honeybees or bumble bees.

hornets/wasps. DIE DIE ;-;

sharks. Im petrified of sharks.
When I was 7 or 8, My careless father took my brother and I to the ocean a few hours before a tropical storm or red tide ,I'm pretty sure it was red tide, so the waves were pretty rough and the ocean was gross, my brother and I had our little star wars innertubes so we were having fun riding on the waves and stuff. but eventually we got pulled out a little too far [which at 7 isnt all that far to be over my head, but it was far out to us] and I felt something brush my legs and I see a shark float past.
So I freaked and grabbed my brothers innertube and started thrashing our way towards shore.
Not even 15 minutes later this 3ft long baby bull shark washes up. It was dead, but it still scared the bejabbers out of me and since watching jaws and hearing about all these shark attacks, Im petrified of water I cant see through.

Even though when sharks eat people I know its not entirely their fault :u
apparently we look like seals to them. or something.

I also have a terrible fear of losing people close to me. woo hoo.

Assaundrell Yumerai
03-25-2011, 06:24 AM
I really fear spiders, just the big ones. Well, fear is already a part of our life, but sometimes, they say that you can conquer it(^^)

Kenny_C.002
03-25-2011, 01:22 PM

- Needles/injections, or anything medical-related for that matter

Needles and sharp things and any medical-related stuff. I've been getting better at handling it though. It's all about remembering to breathe. xD

Hence no peds for me. The fact that it's rather tough to force these things down onto kids is part of the job description. It's part of why I feel peds is unattractive. At least adults and usually teens understand the value of what we're trying to do since they understand something called "logic".

I certainly fear my own character flaws. I have a distinct focus on them but can't really find solutions to them. I fear what I do pushes people I care about away from me. I fear not of rejection, but of isolation. I fear of not being in control of my own emotions due to my lack of an ability to recognize them. I fear I might kill someone someday, being in the profession I'm in.

ReoPai
03-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Hence no peds for me. The fact that it's rather tough to force these things down onto kids is part of the job description. It's part of why I feel peds is unattractive. At least adults and usually teens understand the value of what we're trying to do since they understand something called "logic".

I certainly fear my own character flaws. I have a distinct focus on them but can't really find solutions to them. I fear what I do pushes people I care about away from me. I fear not of rejection, but of isolation. I fear of not being in control of my own emotions due to my lack of an ability to recognize them. I fear I might kill someone someday, being in the profession I'm in.
Did I mention I'm terrified of injections too?
Not needles. Just injections.
I had a nightmare not too long ago that I was at the doctors with my boyfriend and a nurse came out saying something I dont recall [but i figured out later I was pregnant], and was trying to give me a shot, but me and tommy tried to get away and they gave it to him instead, somehow later in my dream i rescued him and found out that injection would have killed my baby,
oh and they neutered tommy
and somehow.
that was the worst part of my dream :c

Roughsauce
03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm not afraid of much, but I'm dreadfully afraid of heights.

Cucumber
03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
My biggest fear is probably Alligators honestly. I don't know why, but it is probably one of the only things that makes me go crazy and freak out :x

GallantlyGlaceon
04-01-2011, 02:59 AM
There's not that much that scares me, except...

*Being obese. I think someone said this earlier as well, but yeah, I would hate being fat. I think I'm slightly overweight, though other people say otherwise and I found out a few days ago that I eat much less than what the average person does, without trying to.

*I don't particularly fear death itself. I fear death in vain. I don't wish to be just another 'someone', I want to be known for a great accomplishment. Ironic, considering I believe in this one of Einstein's phrases: "Do not revere a man of great accomplishments, but one of great value." Yeah, I know that's not exactly it, but I'm too lazy to go look it up right now :P

*I'm a slight bit claustrophobic, probably because I pace all the time and hardly any space=no pacing for me.

I had a terrible case of arachnaphobia when I was younger, but not so much now. Only if there's a humongous tarantula right up in my face will I get that same fear these days.