PDA

View Full Version : RNG Shiny Eggs?

Taku
03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Has anyone done it yet for either Pokemon White or Black?
I want to make a shiny eevee, but the process confuses me. (Way too many steps.)

Is there like, a RNG Shiny Egg For Idiots guide that actually reiterates what's suppose to be done in layman's terms? D:

Speed-X
03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Has anyone done it yet for either Pokemon White or Black?
I want to make a shiny eevee, but the process confuses me. (Way too many steps.)

Is there like, a RNG Shiny Egg For Idiots guide that actually reiterates what's suppose to be done in layman's terms? D:
Eh...what is "RNG"?

Taku
03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
It's the process of how Pokemon's natures and stats are made.

RNG: Random Number Generator.

I don't know much about it either, but it's a way to get a certain type of pokemon without using hacks. :D

I've bred like 900 Eevee babies with no shiny. T_T
So I'm trying to figure out how to RNG one. LOL!

Tsujin
03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't think there's a simple guide. Look on Smogon though. That'll be the place to find anything about RNGing.

RNG is taking abuse of the system that determines if things are shiny, what IVs a pokemon gets etc etc. It's a Random Number Generator (RNG) thats determines these things. So by taking advantage of it and knowing how it works you can control the outcome of certain things and thus get Flawless IVd pokemon or Shiny pokemon and so forth.

The pokemaster
03-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Which sounds a bit like cheating to me...

Tsujin
03-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Which sounds a bit like cheating to me...

The same could be applied to other methods of pokemon. That's like saying by specifically abusing the breeding techniques in order to get extremely high IVs, or by taking advantage of the EV training system it's cheating. Or that by taking advantage of the Masuda Method of breeding, the method of breeding 2 parents of different language origins in order to increase chances of breeding a shiny, it's cheating. If no one had ever told you about EVs, IVs, or the Masuda Method you would have never known about them and they would be an invisible mechanic in-game. RNGing is the same way.

It's all done in-game using no external cheating devices in any way and is just a method that anybody can learn to do in order to get a desired results for something they want to use in-game or online.

Pickleboy
03-27-2011, 01:17 PM
in-game program manipulation and glitching isn't cheating. Using stuff like pokesav and AR is cheating.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
But RNGing is still manipulating the game's or games' programming code to create an outcome that either cannot normally occur or would take an enormous amount of time to generate. Isn't that what a cheat devise does? Isn't therefore, RNGing, cheating???

Zan Sabrefang
03-28-2011, 12:40 AM
No.
The only way I'd say it is cheating is because you manipulate the time and date on the DS itself.
It doesn't affect the game in any way shape or form in a negative manner.
You still have to do the work, get the parents together and hatch the egg etc.

But in previous generations you were required to use the Coin flip and other programmes to perform the procedure.
Those obviously aren't available on B/W.

The pokemaster
03-28-2011, 02:38 AM
The same could be applied to other methods of pokemon. That's like saying by specifically abusing the breeding techniques in order to get extremely high IVs, or by taking advantage of the EV training system it's cheating. Or that by taking advantage of the Masuda Method of breeding, the method of breeding 2 parents of different language origins in order to increase chances of breeding a shiny, it's cheating. If no one had ever told you about EVs, IVs, or the Masuda Method you would have never known about them and they would be an invisible mechanic in-game. RNGing is the same way.

It's all done in-game using no external cheating devices in any way and is just a method that anybody can learn to do in order to get a desired results for something they want to use in-game or online.

I do consider breeding for perfect IVs and the Masuda Method to be cheating. I wouldn't consider EVs to be cheating because it's a new aspect of the game which gives more control over your Pokemon, and brings a more strategic aspect into it. But abusing things like the IV breeding techniques or this RNG thing I consider cheating because it's not designed to be messed with by the player, where EV training is open and there and designed to be changed and used by the player.

Zan Sabrefang
03-28-2011, 03:41 AM
IV's are now a lot more controllable than they were.
The Power items allow you to transfer the IV's you want from parents.

Power-Line
03-28-2011, 04:23 AM
There probably isn't a guide in layman's terms, considering you must understand
what you are doing to pull it off. Eventually, I'm going to get around to doing the same.
However, RNG manipulation for shiny eggs will be more difficult in B/W than D/P/Pt,
considering the egg's PID is not determined separately from the rest of its info (e.g. IVs).
This means you will have to jump to a specific target frame, which will require that you
know your delay, and will also require a great deal of precision. If this is no help to you, I apologize.

Tsujin
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
But RNGing is still manipulating the game's or games' programming code to create an outcome that either cannot normally occur or would take an enormous amount of time to generate. Isn't that what a cheat devise does? Isn't therefore, RNGing, cheating???

No, it does neither. It doesn't mess with any part of the game's programming that normal gameplay wouldn't mess with. Any outcome made by RNGing is ALWAYS something that could occur naturally in-game without ANY external device. It is ALL done in-game. It wouldn't necessarily take an enormous time to generate either considering all you are doing is breeding so it takes as long as it does to normally breed.

I do consider breeding for perfect IVs and the Masuda Method to be cheating. I wouldn't consider EVs to be cheating because it's a new aspect of the game which gives more control over your Pokemon, and brings a more strategic aspect into it. But abusing things like the IV breeding techniques or this RNG thing I consider cheating because it's not designed to be messed with by the player, where EV training is open and there and designed to be changed and used by the player.

How can you consider either of those to be cheating? I never said breeding for perfect IVs either. I said extremely higher IVs than normal. This can be done without the use of RNGing as well as with. IVs are easily controlled through breeding and the use of items just like natures and egg moves. Breeding for specific IVs is the same as manipulating EVs in order to get a strategic advantage. The Masuda Method also couldn't be considered cheating because there is absolutely no cheating involved in any way. All you are doing is breeding 2 pokemon? It's just breeding a pokemon from a different language. That's basically saying. Oh that pokemon you bred it cheated cuz it's parent is of a different language. EVs aren't something new either. They've been around since the 3rd Generation and have been able to be manipulated since then. With the coming of 2 new generations both IVs, EVs, and shinyness have all been able to be more controlled and manipulated. If this wasn't the case then Nintendo wouldn't have implemented the methods that people use today (not counting RNGing) in order to control all of these. The Power Items and Macho Brace wouldn't exist to control EVs as well as IVs when breeding and people who can tell you through a phrase what your IVs are would not be in-game. I'm sure there is more that indicate that Nintendo has left methods in order to control and manipulate all these things in-game that I've left out but seeing as Nintendo has placed all of this into the game I wouldn't count any of these methods cheating.

The pokemaster
03-28-2011, 09:10 AM
My apologies, I thought you were refering to using alterior motives to cheat breed perfect IVs. I'm aware of the items and that kinda stuff, and I know that's not cheating. I still believe Masuda method is cheating, because it uses kinda unfair methods to obtain something relatively easy, and a lot easier than it should be. And, as far as I know, the Masuda method hasn't been publicly aknowledged by Nintendo or whatever, unlike IVs and EVs. But I'm entitled to my opinion. :/

Cucumber
03-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think there is an RNG guide for White/Black yet. Didn't you have to use the Pokegear in Diamond/Pearl though?

Tsujin
03-28-2011, 05:21 PM
My apologies, I thought you were refering to using alterior motives to cheat breed perfect IVs. I'm aware of the items and that kinda stuff, and I know that's not cheating. I still believe Masuda method is cheating, because it uses kinda unfair methods to obtain something relatively easy, and a lot easier than it should be. And, as far as I know, the Masuda method hasn't been publicly aknowledged by Nintendo or whatever, unlike IVs and EVs. But I'm entitled to my opinion. :/

Well RNG doesn't only pertain to perfect IVs. Sometimes it's used to get a specific IV set in order to get a particular HP type and such for battling and other things but yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course. I just like to put everything out there in order to prevent people from making uneducated assumptions about things. Not saying that you were but others who automatically take offense and go CHEATER!! Also, the Masuda Method is acknowledged by Nintendo. After all it is their programming that makes it that way. It isn't exactly easy either. The chances of you breeding a shiny are I believe a 1/8000 something chance. Using international parents however only increases that chance to a 1/6000 chance if I'm remembering it correctly. It doesn't exactly just give you a shiny. LOL

I don't think there is an RNG guide for White/Black yet. Didn't you have to use the Pokegear in Diamond/Pearl though?

There is already. I'd link to it but I'm not using my computer. Lol. It's on Smogon though so if you search there I'm pretty sure it'd be easy enough to find.

MichaelArch
03-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Pokemon cheaters?
Come on seriously some ppl don't have all day to do that long process.
The only thing I consider cheating is using a pokemon with a move or ability not obtainable to it by any means other than AR such as a wondertomb or a blastoise with the drizzle ability and knowing thunder.

The pokemaster
03-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Well RNG doesn't only pertain to perfect IVs. Sometimes it's used to get a specific IV set in order to get a particular HP type and such for battling and other things but yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course. I just like to put everything out there in order to prevent people from making uneducated assumptions about things. Not saying that you were but others who automatically take offense and go CHEATER!! Also, the Masuda Method is acknowledged by Nintendo. After all it is their programming that makes it that way. It isn't exactly easy either. The chances of you breeding a shiny are I believe a 1/8000 something chance. Using international parents however only increases that chance to a 1/6000 chance if I'm remembering it correctly. It doesn't exactly just give you a shiny. LOL

Ik that, it still greatly increases your chances, my friend got two shinies in a week from Masuda method, which was largely good luck on his part, but still. Also, I don't know if it's true, but I've heard rumours and stuff that the shiny rate has gone up heaps in B/W, and going by the number of shinies my friends and I found in the wild in a week and a bit, I'd believe it. We got like 7 shinies between the 6 of us, so I think something's up there. :\

Zan Sabrefang
03-29-2011, 04:09 AM
I think the Masuda Method should be viewed as a good thing rather than cheating.
Surely it promotes international friendships and interactions?
Also remember that it doesn't allow for Nature manipulation, so you still won't be seeing many shinies in (professional) Wi-Fi battles.

I might head over to Smogon and look into RNG if I don't get a Shiny Deino any time soon.