PDA

View Full Version : Rate + Suggest (Umbreon)

Syas
08-29-2005, 06:33 PM
If you think it stinks, let me know, but please suggest an alternative moveset. This is for competitive battling, but not NB (at this point)

Umbreon@Quick Claw [Leftovers are being used for someone else on my team]
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Jolly (Since he doesn't have any attacks anyway)
-Double Team
-Mean Look
-Screech
-Swagger

Really designed as an annoyer, not truly designed to stand past 2 (at most) of my opponent's 'mon.

The team is being used on Emerald, but I do have access to all GBA games and Coll. for TMs/Breeding/Move Tutors.

Forsety
08-29-2005, 07:56 PM
From my experience using that kind of Umbreon, you really need Confuse Ray over Swagger. Swagger creates far too many unfavourable situations, Psychic or Wish over Double Team and sorry but if you can, do go get another Leftovers...if Umbreon can't get leftovers or a healing move like Rest/Wish he may as well not be used.

Psychic tends to still cover a large majority of pokemon out there and works well with his weak spcl.atk since while they're trapped, if by a slim chance it breaks their spcl.defense abit, its good for you.

Jolly, sorry but is the worse persona for Umbreon or any Evee evolution for that matter. It benefits none of them particularly well. If you're going to use Double Team then for crying out loud you may as well have Baton Pass on it....

Syas
08-29-2005, 08:39 PM
So:

Umbreon@Lefties
Nature that isn't Jolly
-Confuse Ray
-Psychic
-Double Team
-Baton Pass

Is your suggestion? Doesn't seem much of an annoyer to me. :cool: Any thoughts for an annoyer moveset for Umbreon?

I also fail to see how +Spd -SpA for an Annoyer with no attacks is a bad Nature, but *shrug*

EDIT: Also, it is not that I don't have another Leftovers, it is that I play against my opponents on Coll. and No Duplicate Items is a standard modifier for us.

Finglonger
09-05-2005, 05:18 AM
try

Umbreon@leftovers
calm
evs:some speed maybe around 220, the rest in defenses and HP
mean look
taunt
wish
baton pass

seems to work well ive used it before and its a lot of fun....

Loyal Arcanine
09-05-2005, 12:30 PM
try

Umbreon@leftovers
calm
evs:some speed maybe around 220, the rest in defenses and HP
mean look
taunt
wish
baton pass

seems to work well ive used it before and its a lot of fun....

Wouldn't you prefer lower speed for Passing Wish?

Finglonger
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
no, the higher speed is to take advantage of taunt...wish isnt the important part here