PDA

View Full Version : The URPG's Future

Techno Treecko
09-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Alright, I've spoken to a few people about this, but I haven't been able to contact Lep and many other people, so I decided to make a thread on it.

I think that the URPG would be much better off if it moved to its own forum. There are many advantages to this. For one, there would be no restrictions here at PE2K, and we'd have alot more freedom. Also, we could be interforumary, instead of only PE2K. And, we wouldn't have these constant problems of PE2K shutting down because it has a bad server, with nonstop problems.

I feel we should have an AIM discussion, but if not, just post replies and opinions in this thread. I mean, really, consider it, there's already a URPG forum, and we could just continue it right on that forum with the users that have already registered, and all that have joined the URPG since then simply need to just sign up at it: http://urpg2k.proboards29.com/

Just consider it, and post your opinions here.

Nefarious
09-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Hm...I like the idea and eveything, but URPG is kind of the only reason I stay here at PE2K. If it were to move to another forum then my activity here would decrease. It's neat to have an all in one discussion and RPG forum so that you can chat and RPG all in one place. I just wish the server was more reliable. :tongue: It's weird how you have free servers that work all the time but then you have a paid server that gives you problems all the time. XP

Anyway I don't have much say in this. I do and do not want this to happen. =P I'll go with whatever happens.

HKim
09-04-2005, 01:44 AM
I think that the URPG should stay on PE2K. The two have been together for so long that they are interlinked. The URPG brings activity to PE2K and PE2K brings activity to the URPG. Members of the URPG are also members of PE2K.

Our server problems have been due to hacker attacks. This is unfortunate for everyone. However, a free server is not guaranteed to be any safer than a paid server and might actually be more vulnerable. On this server, not only do we know the server owner, but the server owner also cares for the forum and the system. We're lucky to be in this position.

Needless to say, it's easier to stay on PE2K than move. Many Yahoo members were confused when the URPG moved to PE2K and I don't want the same thing to happen again. We're happy where we are.

RPGBoss
09-04-2005, 02:30 AM
In my opinion, we should stay here, because like the perosn above said, this is part of this forum, and the forum is part of us. Also, it is easier to get new members if we stay here, the PE2K website is very popular..lol. :biggrin: .so that way the URPG grows faster, that if we were to move to a new forum.

MystiKal
09-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Let it stay here, if it moves to a seprate forum it will die. Because their's no way to advertise and then that means no new members. Plus the URPG has been with pe2k for almost forever.

Also how often is pe2k down for more then a day? Almost never. :tongue:

Thanatos
09-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Well, in one way, I agree. Members get banned from PE2K (examples are Ierdar, TT, etc.) for things they didn't do wrong in the URPG.

But without PE2K, there aren't a lot of new members coming through.

Pidgeot79
09-04-2005, 04:49 AM
The URPG brings activity to PE2K and PE2K brings activity to the URPG.

Nicely put Kim. This is the main reason the URPG should stay at PE2K, otherwise it will die and perhaps PE2K will too.

This mysteriously looks like TT is trying to take down PE2K. :silenced:

RPGBoss
09-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Nicely put Kim. This is the main reason the URPG should stay at PE2K, otherwise it will die and perhaps PE2K will too.

This mysteriously looks like TT is trying to take down PE2K. :silenced:

haha..lol..now y would would he want to do that..lol.. :biggrin: .that's nevaer gonna happen..unless POkemon in general disappear..!!

Pidgeot79
09-04-2005, 05:25 AM
haha..lol..now y would would he want to do that

You haven't heard some of the stuff he has said out of PE2K.

JohtoTrainer
09-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Eh, not happening. URPG would never last in its own forum there's no way to get new members since you can't advertise and what not.

Loyal Arcanine
09-04-2005, 02:18 PM
I agree that we stay here. Kim put most reasons together, and ST's point of discussion and URPG in one forum that we trust and care for is strong too. Stay here.

bronislav84
09-04-2005, 03:16 PM
This is the only thing keeping me here. Simply put, if the URPG moves, I leave the board to wherever it moves.

Presently, this place gives me a reason to stay here. Without it, I have no reason at all.

Edit: Also, the board and this lace give each other activity. If people join this, it gives members to the board. If people join the board, they will eventually join this place. It's a symbyotic relationship.

Techno Treecko
09-04-2005, 04:23 PM
People, what I'm suggesting is not that we completely disembark from PE2K. What I meant when I described "interforumary" is that, we could have outposts on different pokemon forums, inviting people to come to the URPG, and we wouldn't be only on PE2K that way. URPG could have its own forum, with outposts of the URPG on every forum, so that it wouldn't die, but would infact grow much larger than it currently is. It would provide much more freedom for the URPG and its members, and wouldn't be biased to only one forum.

Loyal Arcanine
09-04-2005, 04:35 PM
People, what I'm suggesting is not that we completely disembark from PE2K. What I meant when I described "interforumary" is that, we could have outposts on different pokemon forums, inviting people to come to the URPG, and we wouldn't be only on PE2K that way. URPG could have its own forum, with outposts of the URPG on every forum, so that it wouldn't die, but would infact grow much larger than it currently is. It would provide much more freedom for the URPG and its members, and wouldn't be biased to only one forum.

That's not true. "Having outposts on different pokemon forums" might make the URPG grow larger than it currently is. But, it would not grow larger as quickly and as large as if we simply stayed here at PE2k, making EVERY new member that comes here see the URPG. That would bring much more people than just making outposts.

Freedom? I'm free enough in the URPG, thank you.

Pika57
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I think that unless PE2K gets back up after losing three G-mods and is curently losing all sorts of members that it could survive here. I think plans to move the URPG should be made in case worse comes to worse. I don't think it needs a forum of its own(not counting a back-up) i think it needs to move to a different forum. thats my 2 cents.

HKim
10-01-2005, 11:51 PM
With the series of recent events, the URPG is now located on two forums: Pokemon Elite 2000 and Pokemon Revolution.

Lep will be in charge of both areas on both forums and this helps guarantee that the URPGers have at least one place to go to should either forum go down.

MystiKal
10-02-2005, 01:31 AM
IMO, the URPG should branch off on more then those two forums. It could use a lot more activity.

Tamer San
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I am speechless, and I don't know WHERE to start posting, I feel so lost. Anyway, I don't agree with VT and i don't agree with JT, as I have said before, we must make a seperate URPG Forum, affiliate with PE2K, Pokemon Revolution, and OTHER Pokemon Forums, famous ones such as, PC, Serebii, Smogon, BulbaGarden Forum, and many more, when we have a seperate forum, affiliated and linked to all those forum we will have some rise in URPG Activity and members will even see the other forums and view them, so people might join PE2K, Revolution and all, just through URPG, and on Stats Page of each URPG Trainer, a new option could be added, such as: "Home Forum(s)" or something like that and we'll have a new brand URPG. We'll have by the new Staff Organization:

Admin of Forum = Head leader of URPG - Jack
Global Moderators = URPG Moderators: JT, Marth, Tamer
URPG Boards Forum Moderators = URPG Co-Officials: Nef, Mike, Dap, Harry, Nin, Curtis and Fair.

And we can even have aother boards in the forum for fun, just simple ones, no RolePlaying, just some Trivia & Games, Debatting, Chatting and such. And a Forum news section for: Welcomes & Departures, UJRPG & Forum Announcements and ONLY URPG and & Forum News section, so we rip the Rules from the general board of URPG and make that just for interactive activities in URPG. We can make some moderators for those single boards too and such.

I hope anything of what I said made sense or gained some value and mass so you would actually think of it, because as I can see, it is the best way for URPG to improve and became Inter-Board RolePlaying Game instead of being PE2Kish RPG. URPG has always been seperate from Pe2K and it is time to prove it.

~Tamer

Jack of Clovers
10-04-2005, 03:13 AM
firstly, Ryan has mentioned to me that if I wanted to make a website for the URPG, he would post the link on his main website. cool, eh! but I didn't see the need for it. but now that the URPG is on two forums, things are going to get chaotic really fast. since I saw this forum come back up a few days ago, I've been thinking what to do and it troubles me.
the URPG also won't physically join another forum. that is way too much hassle for me. even right now, two forums is racking my brain. not to mention, now people want to switch backup forums. :dazed: honestly, we don't have time to create new backups and whatnot.
the easiest solution would be to have the URPG only on one forum but I can't back away from either of them.

what could happen is our own forum and website, with links on the two forums' main page to the URPG website and forum. this would be the best solution for everyone, and much easier on me. if this works we could affilate with other top Pokemon sites in the future.

I'm still unsure about this whole idea. I'd really appreciate any comments.

~Jack~

HKim
10-04-2005, 04:05 AM
firstly, Ryan has mentioned to me that if I wanted to make a website for the URPG, he would post the link on his main website. cool, eh! but I didn't see the need for it. but now that the URPG is on two forums, things are going to get chaotic really fast. since I saw this forum come back up a few days ago, I've been thinking what to do and it troubles me.
the URPG also won't physically join another forum. that is way too much hassle for me. even right now, two forums is racking my brain. not to mention, now people want to switch backup forums. :dazed: honestly, we don't have time to create new backups and whatnot.
the easiest solution would be to have the URPG only on one forum but I can't back away from either of them.

what could happen is our own forum and website, with links on the two forums' main page to the URPG website and forum. this would be the best solution for everyone, and much easier on me. if this works we could affilate with other top Pokemon sites in the future.

I'm still unsure about this whole idea. I'd really appreciate any comments.

~Jack~

Does your suggestion include removing both URPG sections from both forums so that the URPG forum will be the only place to do things for the URPG?

Jack of Clovers
10-04-2005, 05:11 AM
well, no, because there's information and history posted at the forums that i may need to look back upon in the future. at least, I hope it won't be deleted.
and I just talked to Ryan about it and he gave me some ideas about what I should do. I just need to sit and think about this for a while.:neutral:

~Jack~

HKim
10-04-2005, 05:44 AM
well, no, because there's information and history posted at the forums that i may need to look back upon in the future. at least, I hope it won't be deleted.
and I just talked to Ryan about it and he gave me some ideas about what I should do. I just need to sit and think about this for a while.:neutral:

~Jack~

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. Of course, you have assurance that you will be in charge of both sections on both forums. Ryan and the Revolution Admin Team know that the URPG is your command and any decision you make regarding it is ultimately yours.