PDA

View Full Version : New opening surprise! *Spoilers*

Missingno mystery
10-02-2005, 12:21 AM
WHO ELSE SAW HIM!?!?!?!?! Towards the end of the new theme, I saw what I didn't think they'd put there till the next season, RUKARIO!!! I couldn't get enough of it, I had to stop and think for a moment if he was really there, I jest about jumped my feet off with excitement, since he still doesn't have an English name yet (all though I don't live any where close to CA or AZ, and they said something that sounded like he might get a name at "Rocks America 05"). I wasn't as surprised, but when I went to Serebii and looked at the images for the opening to make sure I wasn't seeing things, there was *baby Mr.mime* (also no English name) was there dancing with Team Rocket. I didn't notice him cause of (once more) bad reception. Oh well, any thoughts about this?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Rukario and Manene are only there because they took and used many parts of the Japan Battle Frontier Saga opening, in which Manene and Rukario actually feature ^^

Frost Wolf
10-02-2005, 01:42 PM
omg!!! i cant wait to see!!!!!
i cant wait till rukario gets an english name,
i have a rukario plushie already!:happy: :biggrin:

Pika57
10-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Hopefully, they just keep it Rukario and Manene. They're both fine names and should be kept. They might change Manene to something else though.... like Chibi-Mime

Hopefully not Rukario though. Rukario da bomb.

Missingno mystery
10-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Hopefully, they just keep it Rukario and Manene. They're both fine names and should be kept. They might change Manene to something else though.... like Chibi-Mime

Hopefully not Rukario though. Rukario da bomb.
SAME HERE!!! I love the name Rukario (in English, if staying the same, they'll more than likely make it Lucario, like thay did to Rugia and Ratiosu/Ratiasu).

Trainer Sarah, ya know, there is a ton of other footage that they could of chose instead. Why did they choose what they did? Theres gotta be a reason, and the only thing I can think of is that right around the corner the other new Pokemon besides Munchlax and Bonsly are going to get English names! (hopefully)

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Trainer Sarah, ya know, there is a ton of other footage that they could of chose instead. Why did they choose what they did? Theres gotta be a reason, and the only thing I can think of is that right around the corner the other new Pokemon besides Munchlax and Bonsly are going to get English names! (hopefully)

I know there is lots of other footage, but for some reason they chose the footage of Rukario and Mew to put into it, whether it is because they are going to reveal the English names soon, or not, I wouldn't have a clue. I suspect that Manene is only there because it was with Team Rocket in that particular piece of footage and they needed footage of TR in the opening somewhere. ^^

Jack of Clovers
10-04-2005, 01:47 AM
really... Rukario is in the opening sequence. hmmm... oh, now I remember. isn't that toward the end of the song. I guess I need to watch it more closely. I did see Munchlax and Manene, but those were kind of obvious.

And I also guess that the Hoenn region is coming to a close soon because there are outlines to what I presume are the Battle Frontier Brains. but Ash still has to get Mossdeep and Sootopolis Gym badges and then face the Hoenn League Tournament. so why are they showing stuff from Battle Frontier now? that seems like a year away...:confused:

~Jack~

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Maybe they were just too lazy to try and find footage they could use for the opening sequence so they just took parts of the Japanese Battle Frontier one...or maybe they wanted to try and get people excited by showing Manene, Munchlax and Rukario (and obviously it worked ^^;;)

Zenaku
10-04-2005, 02:31 PM
As far as clues to name revealing goes, it's unlikely. Nintendo are in control of name announcements, not 4Kids. They likely didn't want to have to change the opening (And therefore, opening music) again once BF Saga comes around, thus why they combined the openings.

Anyway, for Lucario (Rukario is a romanization only, its official japanese name is registered as "Lucario", just as Lugias official japanese name is registered as "Lugia"), they'll likely keep the name. The last few generations have seen the Legendaries keeping their original names, with some of the first gen: Myuu/Mew, Myuutuu/Mewtwo, Raikou/Raikou, Suikun/Suicune, Entei/Entei, Rugia/Lugia, Houou/Ho-oh, Serebii/Celebi, Ratiosu/Latios, Ratiasu/Latias, Rejisutiiru/RegiSteel, Rejiaisu/Regice, Rejirokku/RegiRock, Guraadon/Groudon, Kaioga/Kyogre, Rekkuuza/Rayquaza, Jiraachi/Jirachi, Deokishisu/Deoxys

If you don't know Japanese, just remember that Japanese doesn't have L's, C's, etc, nor can certain letters combine in ways as the english names do. As a result, Game Freak create Pokemon with names written in English (Mewtwo, Lugia, Latios, Groudon, etc) then write them in Japanese (In other words, write down the pronounciation: e.g. Myuutuu, Rugia, Ratiosu, Guraadon). L's become R's, C's become S's, and any and all changes occur to make sure the pronounciation still exists.

Well, in short, it's very likely that Lucario will keep its name, although normal Pokemon tend to have their names changed (Reason being a majority of normal Pokemons official Japanese names are either completely Japanesed as opposed to the legendary 'romanized' names, or their names are puns of English words which sound bad in english: e.g. Rizaadon/Lizardon/Charizard, Furiiza/Freezer/Articuno, Sundaa/Thunder/Zapdos, Fushigidane/(Direct Japanese) Mysterious Seed/Bulbasaur). In Bulbasaurs place especially, neither leaving it as it is, or doing a direct translation, would be a great name to young Pokemon fans.

As for Lucarios presence once more, it's not that surprising. I'd imagine that 4Kids has already started work on the 8th movie, which stars Lucario. It's no surprise they'd want to show him to fans beforehand.

Dark Lickitung
10-12-2005, 07:31 PM
The new evo of sneazel is also in the opening of the show... it runs across the screen at one point just before a screen change

Mitsuko Souma
10-13-2005, 04:54 AM
I like Chibi-Mime for a name...and rukario ish fine, I guess. Chibi-mime....:sleepy:

VulpixTrainer
10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, I have only seen one episode of the new intro, I have had other things going on durring the time slote of Pokemon. But I have seen it. I have a question, Why all the legendaries? I mean the intro is alomost intirely Legendary Pokemon going across the screen.

MY hypothesis, They will show the legendaries more in the T.V. Show, something I wish we would get in the U.S. more, I mean a lot of the fillers deal with the legendaries, and guess what. We don't get them! That is one of my complaints with 4Kids, show the legendaries for pete sake, I want to see Ho-oh in a episode, I mean they gave two full episodes to Lugia, why not Ho-oh? or some of the other cool ones, Like Moltres? or Articuno? or even Zapdose? Those would be fun the see, but all we get is the moives that show us what they are made of. :sad:

Nasty Plasty
10-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Manyula`s name should be something like...Sneasully(just a thought)

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Well, I have only seen one episode of the new intro, I have had other things going on durring the time slote of Pokemon. But I have seen it. I have a question, Why all the legendaries? I mean the intro is alomost intirely Legendary Pokemon going across the screen.

MY hypothesis, They will show the legendaries more in the T.V. Show, something I wish we would get in the U.S. more, I mean a lot of the fillers deal with the legendaries, and guess what. We don't get them! That is one of my complaints with 4Kids, show the legendaries for pete sake, I want to see Ho-oh in a episode, I mean they gave two full episodes to Lugia, why not Ho-oh? or some of the other cool ones, Like Moltres? or Articuno? or even Zapdose? Those would be fun the see, but all we get is the moives that show us what they are made of. :sad:

They did have an episode devoted to Zapdos and one for Articuno as well, during the Johto season. (Not sure if there was a Moltres one). And usually they have legendary Pokemon in the opening. I can't remember exactly, but I think Master Quest was a lot like that to. They did have epidodes relating to Suicune and Ho-Oh (For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll), though I cannot remember if Ho-Oh actually featured in it. Also, Ho-Oh is considered something of a guardian to Ash as it appears at significant points in his life. Maybe they want to keep it mysterious until they can think of a good plot or something for it.

Nasty Plasty
10-15-2005, 03:06 PM
I`ve got a good idea of a good series: Pokemon: Shadow Conspiracy since Ho-oh is Ash`s gaurdian and it was like that kids in coloseum so why not have Ash and misty go out on a quest to save the world from Cipher.

24 posts til Kenny evolves.

Edward Elric
11-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I love Rukario! He's awsome!

Missingno mystery
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I apologias enormously for reviving an old thread (its mine any way) But this is important. I was watching the new episode of Pokemon this morning, and everything in the opening look'd normal at first, until, the part where Ash looks at the battle frontier ppl and tells Pikachu to attack, normally, you then see Rukario and mew, you then see Pikachu jumping up using iron tail! And now that I think about it, I also think Sneasel's evolution running in front of TR was cut out too, you just saw them dancing? I now think that they might have not ment for any of those Pokemon to be in the opening and its another mistake to add to the collection.

masterryanx
12-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I apologias enormously for reviving an old thread (its mine any way) But this is important. I was watching the new episode of Pokemon this morning, and everything in the opening look'd normal at first, until, the part where Ash looks at the battle frontier ppl and tells Pikachu to attack, normally, you then see Rukario and mew, you then see Pikachu jumping up using iron tail! And now that I think about it, I also think Sneasel's evolution running in front of TR was cut out too, you just saw them dancing? I now think that they might have not ment for any of those Pokemon to be in the opening and its another mistake to add to the collection.

Ya, I recorded it on my DVR and noticed it was all cut out I watched the opening 5 times just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me lol :eek: ..... They cut out all the DP Pokemon except Munchlax..... Wait maybe Bonsly was there still.... But I know R/Lucario, Maene, and Manula (hope I spelled those right) were gone..... Nintendo probably saw it and told 4 kids those pkmn weren't supposed to be revealed yet..... who knows.

Missingno mystery
12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Ya, I recorded it on my DVR and noticed it was all cut out I watched the opening 5 times just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me lol :eek: ..... They cut out all the DP Pokemon except Munchlax..... Wait maybe Bonsly was there still.... But I know R/Lucario, Maene, and Manula (hope I spelled those right) were gone..... Nintendo probably saw it and told 4 kids those pkmn weren't supposed to be revealed yet..... who knows.
Unfortunately I don't have a DVR and I probably couldn't record Pokemon anyway cause thats on my local (antenna) channels, so I didn't pick up on anything till Rukario. Also you did spell the other Pokemon name's wrong, but I'm not complaining cause I can't spell um ether :oops: . And I don't recall Bonsly being in the opening ever? I looked at the serebii images when they where put up and don't remember seeing him there ether. I do remember seeing TR dancing and cause you recorded it, there was baby Mr.mime with them originally, was he there in the new opening?

masterryanx
12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a DVR and I probably couldn't record Pokemon anyway cause thats on my local (antenna) channels, so I didn't pick up on anything till Rukario. Also you did spell the other Pokemon name's wrong, but I'm not complaining cause I can't spell um ether :oops: . And I don't recall Bonsly being in the opening ever? I looked at the serebii images when they where put up and don't remember seeing him there ether. I do remember seeing TR dancing and cause you recorded it, there was baby Mr.mime with them originally, was he there in the new opening?

Well, in the scene where Muchlax eats Brocks flowers I reacll Bonsly dancing around in one of those bubbles behing them but I didn't see him in my recording of Saturday's episode..... But I replayed the scene with Team Rocket dancing over and over (5 times to be exact) and it was the same just no Maene dancing with them, and no Manyula running across the screen....

Edward Elric
12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Nope. There are no mistakes. I see them every morning, and every morning I tell them to hold still so I can draw them. But, mabey your tv supplier(SP?) had some technical difficulties. Just a thought.