PDA

View Full Version : Monotype Challenge

ShinyMe
04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
EDIT: I won't be able to come here to the forum for a long long long long long,I mean it, long time,so anybody that wants to conduct the thread can do it, although it's preferable that a new thread is done ^^.
Cya later

Sorry if someone had a thread like this going on

What is it?

A challenge to the pokemons game in which every member of your team with exception of the HMSlaves need to have or to be able to evolve into one who has one type in common with the rest of the team.

Rules:

No cheating
No trading
No legends
No more than 3 HMSlaves
Thou shall never use HMSLaves in battle
If the starter has or evolve into the type you choose,you MUST choose it,as it was avaiable early in the game(Eg.: Flying >> Must get Charmander in Kanto Games,Fighting >> must get Torchic in Hoenn ,Chimchar in Shinnoh and Tepig in Isshu...)

Ok,now I'll give you an example

Flying on LG

Charmander Fire
Caterpie Bug
Pidgey FLY Normal
Spearow FLY Normal
Magikarp Water

Is okay because the final team after evolving would be like this

Charizard Fire FLY
Buterfree Bug FLY
Pidgeot FLY Normal
Fearow FLY Normal
GYarados Water FLY

If you want to do this challenge post it on here,just remember that as long it has the type or evolve into that type it`s okay to have it

P.S.: I'll do a fighting type on black later

Neo Emolga
04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
P.S.: I'll do a fighting type on black later

Scraggy will be your best friend in that case.

This actually seems like a pretty cool idea. A nice alternative to Nuzlocke.

Zan Sabrefang
04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Neo will do an Electric challenge, maybe?
Don't the Pokemon games make you break these rules anyway?
What if your starter doesn't have a type that you want?
Does this limit you to just Fire, Water, Grass, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ground and Flying?
What about the other types?

It is a good idea.
I might do this on another version I have.

-Pichu Boy-
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Neo will do an Electric challenge, maybe?
Don't the Pokemon games make you break these rules anyway?
What if your starter doesn't have a type that you want?
Does this limit you to just Fire, Water, Grass, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ground and Flying?
What about the other types?

It is a good idea.
I might do this on another version I have.

Whenever I do a monotype challenge, I go by the rule 'You can use your starter until you own a mon of the type you're doing'.

Or, use a you-know-what (stupid rule on no talking about it ):) and h4x it.

Cucumber
04-12-2011, 05:09 PM
This seems pretty interesting. I might give it a shot.

ShinyMe
04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Good to see there are this many people interested about the Monotype,I have the team pretty much thought of ,here it is(the final,everybody evolved version),and I might use pokesav to evolve the ones that need trading XP:

Emboar
Scrafty
Conkeldurr
Mienshao
Throh
Sawk

The one who isn't exclusive can be found in shaking grass

Pichu Boy was right,if your type isn't available as a starter or a starter's evolution choose whatever you want,but the instant you can find one of that type,get it!!
IF you are doing it on BW,the Dream World have many options to go,so as soon it open it can become a viable choice to catch pretty much almost every type mon.

And if you want to do it,you can post your logs here

EDIT: Brainstorm contacted me

So I'll clear it up about pokesav

You can only use it to evolve mons that needs trading to evolve,since it can be hard if the person doesn't have any pokemon playing friends however trading must have priority

Hope I cleared it up XP

Charizard Michelle
04-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I wanted to do something similar when I started Black. Either do like an all ghost team or an all bug team with the only pokemon that isn't of that typing will be my starter. (I just love using my starter.) Then I realized that there are too many pokemon that I wanted to use so I dropped the idea.

ShinyMe
04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Well,there are some tips to do it:

- Remember there are dual-types for a reason
- Never,never under any circunstances,do this challenge with another one going on
- Avoid Grass and Ice types,as they are full of weaknesses
- Also avoid Rock and Ground Types because they are weak to common types like Water and Grass

Remember don't drop one type just because of weaknesses,they are weak but they won't faint every time they face a mon they're weak to.

Remember that this and Solo Run are different things,so please,please don't do a Solo Run and call it a Monotype,cause it isn't

Cya, every question was ansered the last post so nothing more to add other than when,if you do, posting a log be creative and please add prints. Why you ask? If you are creative and do a comic using screenshots or drawing it will be more fun and the prints are to prevent cheating(using mons that doesn't have that type on battles).
Also there is a rule to soften up the challenge and that is : you may add 1,at most 2 wildcards to your team, like Flygon on a bug monotype,magby/elekid to a fighting one
And there is a rule to harden it up: No mon shall be repeated on your team,the only exception is if one is a HMSlave ^^

EDIT: The Dream World is working,so you can also have a mon whose purpose s to be tucked in aka go to the Dream World,for those that might want to trade mons with me the Screen Name and User Name is ShinyMe

Already did a little bit but I'll wait for a filler before posting my progress

Roze
04-13-2011, 05:06 AM
I've been thinking about doing a water monotype challenge. Or maybe a flying for Scyther and Gliscor.

ShinyMe
04-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanx for filler Spirit, good for you a Water Monotype on Bw have many possibilities: Oshawott,Tirtouga,Ducklett,Panpour,Tympole etc.

My first log,I changed from Black to White no much of a big deal will just give the Blue judoca,if i remember it well

WIll sumarize it,cause i wasn't supposed to be here

Got Tepig,won cheren,won Bianca,won N,won Bianca,Won the trainers on the dreamyard,got pansage froze it into the box,won waiter 1 won waiter 2,lost to cress about 4 times,won cress,taught cut to pansage,won the kindergateners,their teachers and the grunts,got to nacrene won N ,the gym trainers, won lenora, went to Pinwheel to recover the bones,currently going to the dream world

My current team:

Pignite 23 male

EDIT: Pansage safely tucked in

MCSmith
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh really, why you gotta leave PE2K,anyways you should PM a mod to block this thread so another one can restart this Challenge

Kenny_C.002
04-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Interesting. Might do a grass-only challenge or a bug-only challenge. I'm not quite intense enough to do an ice-only challenge though, considering that I'd be half way through the game before hitting even one ice pokemon, and only 1 ice pokemon there can learn anything that aren't ice or normal attacks. And I would have a grand total of 3 pokemon to work with. >.>

Then again, grass isn't that much better in terms of movepools either. lol

ShinyMe
04-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh well,thank you for the warning,got time and came to check on the thread,however I might not get time do it , I'll ask a mod to close it

The right to do the new thread is to the first to do it after it is blocked/closed

Charizard Michelle
04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Think I try a Monotype Challenge as well with just Fire Types (and one dragon for surfing) for the rest of Black. I still have to go over to Black City and find the sages so not like I don't have anything else. Just got to retrain a team to do it.

ShinyMe
04-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Okay,contacted Neo Emolga s/he (don't know) said no so I'll do like this:

The first person wanting to lead the thread after I post this can do it,however if the majority of people decide that you are not doing a good job,please stop and let other people do it

I already explained why I'm stopping to lead this thread check out my post carefully and you'll find it

MCSmith
04-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Okay,contacted Neo Emolga s/he (don't know) said no so I'll do like this:

The first person wanting to lead the thread after I post this can do it,however if the majority of people decide that you are not doing a good job,please stop and let other people do it

I already explained why I'm stopping to lead this thread check out my post carefully and you'll find it
Can I "lead" it? Just kidding however I'll do either a grass,water or ground monotype,still deciding but might go with the ground one

Roze
04-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Oh really, why you gotta leave PE2K,anyways you should PM a mod to block this thread so another one can restart this Challenge
That isn't necessary anyone can use this to challenge themselves with if they so wish. Why create another one? Also I am thinking about doing a mono-type challenge with traded pokemon if this opens any doors for other people I think that would be a good modify rule to use.