PDA

View Full Version : Dreamworld problem

New_Glaceon
04-17-2011, 03:02 AM
I was wondering if there is anyone else having problems using the dream bridge in the dreamworld. I click yes to cross the bridge then it sits at the loading screen and never loads. It does this in internet explorer 8 and 9, Firefox, chrome and safari. i use flash version 10.2.159.1. Any help would be great. I also cant advance level in the befriend a Pokemon side game to get my eeveelution.

Roze
04-17-2011, 04:00 AM
I really have no idea what could be causing this problem. Internet connection or computer virus?

New_Glaceon
04-17-2011, 04:10 AM
freshly formated computer, we have learned that older version of flash are not correcting the issue either.

TRK4ever
04-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Its the computer. For some reason i can only play on Windows 7 or n a laptop

New_Glaceon
04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Its the computer. For some reason i can only play on Windows 7 or n a laptop
my wifes computer is an exact copy of mine, they really are exactly the same right down to the software used. so why would it work on hers and not mine.

Roze
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Maybe you need to reinstall flash?

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-17-2011, 09:20 PM
It may be the type of internet connection. For example, Europe uses WPA keys and America uses, what I believe are called, WAW keys. I had trouble even connecting the internet here in Europe because of the WPA keys.

Then again, I would recommend checking your plugins if you use Mozilla or Chrome. (I don't IE and neither should you)

Roze
04-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Hmm, Yes that could be it too. I've notice my friend as an apple and is never really connect to our internet while my dell as basically zero problems.

New_Glaceon
04-17-2011, 09:24 PM
It may be the type of internet connection. For example, Europe uses WPA keys and America uses, what I believe are called, WAW keys. I had trouble even connecting the internet here in Europe because of the WPA keys.

Then again, I would recommend checking your plugins if you use Mozilla or Chrome. (I don't IE and neither should you)
our connection is exactly the same to, our comps are less than a foot apart. this is totally mind boggling. i reinstalled flash like 5 times, and redid them for chrome and mozzila with the same results.

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Try Shockwave, that damn plugin gives me so much trouble sometimes. I don't really think Flash would be needed at all though. Hm. I will look into this problem for you fellow PE2Ker, never fear!

Roze
04-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Wait what? Flash is how you play the games at all? Flash is how you do pretty much everything on the internet?

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Adobe Flash supports some programs, Shockwave, Unity, etc. support others. It all depends.

New_Glaceon
04-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Try Shockwave, that damn plugin gives me so much trouble sometimes. I don't really think Flash would be needed at all though. Hm. I will look into this problem for you fellow PE2Ker, never fear!
i tested dreamworld on shockwave and it doesnt work, dreamworld is flash only.

New_Glaceon
04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Hmm, Yes that could be it too. I've notice my friend as an apple and is never really connect to our internet while my dell as basically zero problems.
were rocking dells as well we ordered them to be exactly the same

TRK4ever
04-18-2011, 04:36 AM
my wifes computer is an exact copy of mine, they really are exactly the same right down to the software used. so why would it work on hers and not mine.

im not sure. Desktops just give me a white screen like it's loading. It might be the internet connection like everyone is saying though.

New_Glaceon
04-18-2011, 10:45 PM
im not sure. Desktops just give me a white screen like it's loading. It might be the internet connection like everyone is saying though.
if it was the connection, wouldn't my wifes computer have the same problem? it works fine on hers

Roze
04-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Sometimes there can be something loose inside making the computer's connection worse.

New_Glaceon
04-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Sometimes there can be something loose inside making the computer's connection worse.
are there any ports or anything i should have forwarded or anything like that?

Roze
04-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Ports? Forward? I have no idea what this means. :S

New_Glaceon
04-19-2011, 10:05 PM
looks like i wont be using dreamworld form this computer, nothing seems to be helping at all. but connection or bad routing sounds the most logical.

TRK4ever
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
looks like i wont be using dreamworld form this computer, nothing seems to be helping at all. but connection or bad routing sounds the most logical.

Does your computer have sound? my sound card is real bad.Like the only way i can get sound if i plug in head phones or external speakers.

This morning I was trying to get on dream world and It wouldn't go past the white screen so i plugged in the speakers and reloaded and it worked!

Disco
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Let's see if I can help out too.

The problem wouldn't be programs, or internet connection. The only thing I can think of is program usage. Maybe you have more processes up than your wife. Try and check, hm, the task manager. Just right-click the taskbar and click 'Task Manager'. Then click the 'Processes' tab. It should tell you how many processes you're running. Have your wife do the same. And if that's the problem, then I could further help you out with that but if you're not very knowledgeable on computers it could take some time.

Another might be that you might use the internet more often than your wife, which gives your computer more internet dump files. In that case, you might want to install C-Cleaner, so it can clear out all of your internet dump files without exceptions. Then that might work.

Other than that, there's really not much else. Good luck.

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Let's see if I can help out too.

The problem wouldn't be programs, or internet connection. The only thing I can think of is program usage. Maybe you have more processes up than your wife. Try and check, hm, the task manager. Just right-click the taskbar and click 'Task Manager'. Then click the 'Processes' tab. It should tell you how many processes you're running. Have your wife do the same. And if that's the problem, then I could further help you out with that but if you're not very knowledgeable on computers it could take some time.

Another might be that you might use the internet more often than your wife, which gives your computer more internet dump files. In that case, you might want to install C-Cleaner, so it can clear out all of your internet dump files without exceptions. Then that might work.

Other than that, there's really not much else. Good luck.

You kinda just totally contradicted yourself by stating it has nothing to do with programs or internet, and then turn around and make two points using those same topics...

New_Glaceon
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Does your computer have sound? my sound card is real bad.Like the only way i can get sound if i plug in head phones or external speakers.

This morning I was trying to get on dream world and It wouldn't go past the white screen so i plugged in the speakers and reloaded and it worked!
woohoo, your a genious, plugging speekers into the comp allowed the page to load correctly. dreamworld here i come

TRK4ever
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
woohoo, your a genious, plugging speekers into the comp allowed the page to load correctly. dreamworld here i come

lol thanks. I forgot that the desktop can't play sound unless I have soemthign plugged into them. And I can't play the DS roms on this computer without sound( Pokemon battles freeze without sound)

So you're welcome! and thanks.

Roze
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
this is the weirdest solution I have ever heard, but I glad it is finally working for you.

Disco
04-25-2011, 06:05 PM
You kinda just totally contradicted yourself by stating it has nothing to do with programs or internet, and then turn around and make two points using those same topics...

Processes =/= Programs.

Dump Files =/= Internet.

But I wasn't being clear anyway, so I guess I can understand where you got that from.

Either way, definitely the weirdest solution to any computer problem I'd ever seen. Next time I have a similar problem, I'll be checking my sound card and investing on some speakers.
I'm glad you can go to the Dream World now. It's a fun place.

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I am sitting here with a pistol thinking on whether or not I should take my nerd rage out on my speakers...