PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo to Unveil New Console in June

SLC
04-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Nintendo are set to show off their new console in June after Wii sales are starting to fall. Apparently this will match and possibly better Sonys and Microsofts efforts.

Opinions?

Latisiblings
04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Question: does 'show off' refer to selling the new console, or simply showing it in front of people?

Anyways, although I probably won't buy it it sounds pretty exciting, if only for the Nintendo exclusives like Zelda and Metroid. Hopefully the third-party developers make more quality product for the new console.

Neo Emolga
04-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Nintendo are set to show off their new console in June after Wii sales are starting to fall. Apparently this will match and possibly better Sonys and Microsofts efforts.

Opinions?

I sure hope this is better than the XBox 360 and the PS3, because overall, I found the Wii to be pretty disappointing. There was so, so little in terms of online play and downloadable content. Motion controls were a gimmick, and I hope Nintendo doesn't try to rely off of that again. Meanwhile, it felt like the graphics took a step down from the Gamecube and went back to N64's graphics, which was pretty bad.

And get rid of those stupid, annoying Miis. -_-

Roze
04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Really? wow that caught me off guard. I wonder what it will be. Probably won't be out for another year though. I wonder if I will end up buying it. My last to consoles the Wii and PS3 really haven't got as much use as say my PS2.

Nintendo is always gimmicky sometimes it works out and sometimes people have to turn the 3D dial to off. What can ya do?

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Nintendo relies of reusing previous formulas that SOMEHOW still work on the general public. I have to say, they are good at prolonging the life of an Italian plummer for so long.

Yeah, I am actually not looking forward to this. They will never be able to live up to the standards of the Xbox and Playstation. Both of the game consoles have already got the graphics set for right now, and since they both have almost flawless online features, the Wii is a little late to the game to try to compete. If they wanted a fighting chance, they shouldn't have waited this long to introduce something new. I mean, if they do implement new online features, people will just simply react like this:

"Wow... sixteen years it took them to have more than a few online games at a time..."

Moe2
04-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Question: does 'show off' refer to selling the new console, or simply showing it in front of people?

Anyways, although I probably won't buy it it sounds pretty exciting, if only for the Nintendo exclusives like Zelda and Metroid. Hopefully the third-party developers make more quality product for the new console.
show off means you will get a sneak peak at what it looks like/ what the code name is and what the controller will look like. Thats it

MYSTRY MEW
05-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Honestly not looking forward to it. A Wii 2 will mean new exclusive games, meaning i'll have to dish out another 250$ just for the console, then 50+for the games. Unless it is really inovative, i'll hold off for a while. I mean, they JUST came out with a 3Ds, which was enough to suck me into dishing out 250 =\

As far as the whole rivalry thing, i'm getting tired of it. The three companies are stand alone, most people have multiple consoles and enjoy at least two of the three companies. Each buisness targets specific audiences, microsoft the more avid hardcore gamers, and wii the more family friendly games, with sony being in between. Now that the companies are starting to blend together to please EVERYONE is getting tiring.

UltimateBrawl
06-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Ok, before I say anything, I know I'm necroposting(probably), but just here me out.

First off, NeoMolga, which games have you played on the system? While, yes, I agree not all the games are graphical powerhouses, you also have games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are beautiful. The reason that there are so many cruddy games is because developers tend to try to test a system's limits. Problem is, the Wii does not react well. Also, the Miis, while not my favorite thing, are an interesting(if failed)idea. Also,(according to GameInformer, not me), 360's Avatars are pretty stupid. If you disagree, take it up w/ them, not me. I am simply showing their opinion alongside mine.

2nd, Spirit, I truly think what Nintendo does is try new things, and only sticks to what works outside of its own games. Which means that motion controls won't stay. Microsoft got it right, but Nintendo didn't. They'll probably leave it behind.

3rd, Mystery Mew, I agree in that the 3 companies really should leave each other alone. Honestly, can we PLEASE play a game without worrying about Stop Having Fun people in the industry? Also, I actually won't get the 3DS until Flipnote Memo comes out. Or Star Fox 64 3D.

Alright, that's all. Mods, you have every right to warn me. I just hope you understand that I wanted to state my opinion. Bye.

Lord Fedora
06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
So it's an HD Wii with a new controller. An extremely sexy and innovative, if plain looking controller. But a silly name. Hard sell untill I saw some of the stuff planned for it, although I was depressed by the lack of first party titles.

MYSTRY MEW
06-08-2011, 06:34 AM
So it's an HD Wii with a new controller. An extremely sexy and innovative, if plain looking controller. But a silly name. Hard sell untill I saw some of the stuff planned for it, although I was depressed by the lack of first party titles.

Depending on the price tag and backwards capability, I dunno if i'll be partaking in this purchase.
The hd and controller will inevitably make this system cost a bit more than expected, and cosidering i'd have to sell my wii in order to come even close to buying it, it better have Gamecube capability. If it doesn't, It probably won't be worth it.
But, the third party should be interesting.

The pokemaster
06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
The Wii U doesn't have Gamecube capabilities I'm afraid. Nintendo announced that earlier today.