PDA

View Full Version : Question about accuracy

DRAKING
04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey all, I just finished my first bred Pokemon, Eelektross :biggrin: I will be using a Coil moveset so I gave it some bulk along with investment in Attack. (lvl 50 Battle Subway stats: HP 192, ATT 167, DEF 100, SP.ATT 104, SP.DEF 110, 65 SPEED).

Now I have a question about accuracy. How does the accuracy boost (+1) granted by Coil have an influence on the accuracy of a move like Zap Cannon? One of my friends say the accuracy of the used move itself increases 10% everytime.

Zap Cannon has a mere 50% base accuracy for starters. So does this mean that for example after two Coils the acc goes up by 10% in total, so that the move now has 60% --> (1/10 x 50) + (1/10 x 50) = only 10 accuracy boost ? Just want to know for sure. I want to know this since I'm not convinced about giving up a moveslot for Thunder Wave and Zap Cannon has 100% chance of Paralysing! Thank you in advance.

Viva la Gofre
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
The increases are buy 33% per stage. So after one coil, Zap Cannon will have 67Acc, 84Acc after two and perfect Acc after three. Needless to say if it takes three turns to get it over 90%, it's not really worth using, especially given how powerful your Wild Charge will be by this point!