PDA

View Full Version : What's your MVP (Most Valuable Pokemon)?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Which Pokemon have you found to be really great in tough situations? Or maybe it helped you win in the Battle Subway or was your only survivor after taking on the E4! Which Pokemon can you always rely on?

Basically, which Pokemon has been the most useful to you throughout the game and/or always comes through for you in particular situations?

My Sawsbuck has turned out to be the most valuable member of my team. I'm lacking a Fire-type so I always have issues against Steel and Ice-type Pokemon (especially since 5/6 of my team members are weak to Ice - did not think that through XD). Sawsbuck manages to knock em out with one Jump Kick and has saved my whole team numerous times as well as single-hoofedly taking out the Ice gym. It's also outsped a lot of Pokemon I wouldn't expect it to and its STAB Return is also pretty nasty. So thank-you Sawsbuck!

TsukiKaiki64
04-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Diamond: Roserade. She helped me so much with the first gym (as a little Budew, nonetheless) and continued to be helpful throughout the game. She was the one that delivered the final blow to Cynthia's team, so I will forever be greatful to her.

SoulSilver: Furret <3 I love the little guy. He mostly looked cute following me, so I kept him... Only to realize that he was helpful against Morty (he knew Shadow Claw). Since then he has been on all of my teams and is one of my favorite Pokemon. Ever.

Black: Leavanny. I caught a shiny Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest, so I knew I had to train her. Little did I know she would be helpful against Burgh and Clay and half of the Elite Four. I adore her. Plus she's shiny.

lu1z
04-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Emboar is the one who got me out of tough spots in the game. He was useful against the Normal, Bug, Ice and even the Flying gym.

He also helped me beat the champions Vulcarona since he was the only with a Rock type move.

Notable mentions were my Galvantula and Seismitoad. Those 3 were like my main attack force lol.

Mr420
04-27-2011, 03:48 AM
at 1st glance it was my axew caught on my Jwhite and then sent over to my US Black. but its actually not. I had been catching DW pkmn as soon as i was able to. and to my surprise I had caught a female Karp which i now love.

Its now a Lv 100 Gyarados nicknamed Nirok. and it actually did make the E4 run with my team.. what makes it so MVP you askk.. its Dream World ability Moxie..FTW:crackup:

Roze
04-27-2011, 04:09 AM
Right now I think my Scyther is really being my MVP, with his Wing Attack, But also Glaceon with a mean Icy Wind. I haven't really found my B/W MVP yet so I will get back to you.

TRK4ever
04-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Diamond: Torterra. Nothing can stop Him! Freaking love that Pokemon!

Soulsilver: My Dragonite or Lapras. those two ruined the pokemon league/

White: Serperior. Never been knocked out!

Arch Enemy
04-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Serperior and Scrafty. Serperior has been the most helpful Pokémon through the beginning and middle of the game. It's defeated six gym leaders...with the use of a few medicines. xD
As for Scrafty, it's helped me defeat many trainers, two of the elite four, and nearly half of the champion's team. Couldn't have defeated the Pokémon league without the help of 'em. ^^

KKranberry
04-27-2011, 06:55 AM
SoulSilver: Heracross. Hands down. Destroys everything that comes into its path, with the exception of flying types.

White: I don't know if I have one yet. My on-hand pokemon are all level 42+, but I haven't equipped them with the right TMs yet, and a lot of them still need to evolve. My Tynamo and Litwick are both in the day care. My Samurott does well, but I think my current favorite is shaping up to me my newest addition, my Mienfoo. She's kind of frail at the moment, but she's shaping up to be my most diverse fighter. Drain Punch is great. And she's going to destroy EVERYTHING as soon as she evolves.

I think I have to wait for Tynamo and Litwick to evolve and join my party though before I choose favorites.

Rhys!
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
The dog thing with the big mustache, Retaliate <3

Kaoru
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Definitely my Haxorus. My Modest natured Haxorus named Iris. That's right. I named her after the eighth gym leader in White.

Viva la Gofre
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Doredia. I use loads in-game, and it currently sits in my OU, UU and Uber teams for competitive play [=

Kenny_C.002
04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Krookodile probably. My Nuzlocke ended up with basically it, my Samurott, and my Litwik (w/e its final form was).

brandon_g
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Krookodile probably. My Nuzlocke ended up with basically it, my Samurott, and my Litwik (w/e its final form was).
Diamond Version:Defenitely my skipper(infernape)

Heartgold: skipper again however hes not an infernape hes a Typhlosion

Fushigidane
04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Cryogonal for sure. He helped me against the Dragon gym.

Skylands
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Samurott and Krookodile in Pokemon Black. They held on the longest out of the rest if my team when situations were looking difficult with Gym, Elite Four, and the boss battles.

Saraibre Ryu
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Cayci, my Galvantula <3
As my friend strongly states after losing in a battle 'the parahaxing little bugger'. Nuff said. XD

Niro
04-27-2011, 08:11 PM
My Scrafty <3 She's worked me out of A LOT of tough spots and is the only pokemon I've trained from an egg.

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
To be immature, "Your mom."

To follow the bandwagon, I am going to write in seriously small font, move it to the middle, and speak all girl-like... scratch the last part.

To be serious... motha f'ing Beartic.

Etymology
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
My Crustle, Appletiser. <3 After all, he did solo the E4 and N and Ghetsis in my Nuzlocke challenge.

ash_ketchup
04-27-2011, 10:48 PM
I love my steelix. I just finished ev training it yesterday. i used him out on wifi battles and he beat my opponent all by himself. hes such a pro. hes my mvp for sure.

Professor Geoffrey
04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
When it comes to function, it's my Porygon-Z. He's my one-hit killer, and he knocks others' Pokémon guaranteed, in two hits or less (unless medicine is used).

When it comes to my favorites, it's my two highest-leveled Lapras. Because they're Lapras! =D

When it comes to everything else, it's my field move slaves. Thank God/Mew for Pokémon that can learn three or four field moves.

~Professor Geoffrey, PMG, OG, PPhD, TMP, etc.

Eternal Moonlight
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Aqua, my Haxorus. So happy I listened to Skyla and caught an Axew, 'cuz it's helped me out time and time again ('spaically with the bug attack X-Scissor) ^^

Xion my Samuott was also pretty dependable, though I miss Dewott (which I attached Evolite to). TBH, she didn't faint untill a crit hit on Twist Mountain, even against Lerona!

Speical mention goes to my Liepard, who, dispite lacking a good offensive dark attack most of the game and having crappy defenses, managed to hold her own. Loved the speed it had!

Machampion
04-30-2011, 12:11 AM
My Dragonite

Dragon Claw is just a basic STAB

Thunderpunch is epic for water types because alot of em have Ice moves

Fire Punch is my most used move from all the ice types and last resort grass types after I sweep the team... lol

Draco Meteor really saved me a couple of times, It is my Dragonite's last ditch move I only put it there cause I needed to fill the slot.

KKranberry
05-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Most DEFNITELY my Mienshao, Kit Kat. She almost singlehandedly took on half of the Elite Four, half of N's team, and half of Ghetsis's team. She can destroy almost anything in one hit, two maximum. And she can heal herself and do damage at the same time just by using U-Turn. She's SUCH a beast. I think she and my Heracross from SoulSilver should duel it out to be the fighting champion. I have no idea who I love more. They're both my babies. My super-powerful, all-destroying, fighting-type babies.

Disarmonia
05-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Lilligant <3
she's one of my favs and she's a good poke!
mine has almost perfect Sp. Attack IV and own tempo ability. the result? a cute petal dance beast =>

lucemon22
05-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I donno, I have a few. For black/white, its for sure my Volcarona. Daimond/plat/pearl was roserade, and heartgold/soulsilver... houndoom.

The pokemaster
05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I think mine would probably be my Shiny Roserade, my Breloom, named JackieChan, my Leavanny, named Caitlyn, or my nameless Mienshao, because Mienshao is an awesome name, and he's my friend's pokemon. And Eeks the Rotom. That thing has done so much wonders for me, against my friends, in the Battle Subway, everywhere.

And against one of my friends, my Swanna named Bill. Somehow, he just can't stop it. It's not even overly strong, but I've destroyed some of his pokemon like Blaziken, Haxorus, Feraligatr, Swoobat, Reshiram, Crobat, Empoleon and Luxray with it. YES, EVEN LUXRAY. IDK HOW BUT BILL JUST DESTROYS MY FRIEND.

Micro
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Probably my Deoxys. I got him in Emerald, I had to send my GBA and my Emerald version to some office to get the ticket to that island. After I'd got him I trained him a little bit in Emerald, later I traded it to Colosseum and did the 100-win streak with him, traded it back to Leaf Green to destroy that pokemon league, then to Sapphire to destroy that league. Later I transferred it to Pearl, destroyed the league there. Then to Soul Silver, to destroy that league and finally to White, where I destroyed that league with my Deoxys...

Good memories... Good memories... XD

james_gotex
05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Tirtouga, not as strong as everyone else in my team, but is so solid i love him to peices

Gawnabottog
05-15-2011, 11:42 AM
where to purchase generic Myambutol online without a rx purchase Cyclogyl no visa online without prescription cheap Sporanox no rx purchase Lamisil Cream over the counter cod overnight (http://www.thecolumbiacool.com/profiles/blogs/lamisil-cream-free) Buy Desogen online without dr approval buy Zyprexa without rx needed buy Ziagen amex online without rx get Lithobid mastercard cod buy Compazine without a rx overnight shipping Buy Avandia online without dr approval (http://www.thecolumbiacool.com/profiles/blogs/order-avandia-overnight-1) buy Vytorin cod next day delivery buy no perscription Revia order Celebrex amex online without prescription buy discount Plavix online Order Lopid without prescription from us pharmacy how to get a Hyzaar rx (http://www.thecolumbiacool.com/profiles/blogs/purchase-hyzaar-online-without) order Cyklokapron overnight cheap Lotrel cod how to order Maxaquin online without a rx Nolvadex no prior script purchase Maxalt online without script free Avandia (http://www.thecolumbiacool.com/profiles/blogs/order-avandia-overnight-1) fedex Ciloxan overnight without a prescription buy Colofac mastercard without prescription online

War
05-17-2011, 02:03 AM
My most valuable Pokemon would have to be my Umbreon. Since completing his EV training, he has led my team in many battles. If he is not on my team I can't help but feel...like I've already lost LOL....ok that's a little drastic, but you all know what I'm talking about......that's what this thread is for DUUUH lol.....peace everyone!

Ezel
05-17-2011, 07:07 AM
My bad ass Hydreigon B]
she's scary and cute...

DRAKING
05-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Hehehe, Hydreigon is my most valuable Pokemon so far too! I finished mine TODAY :biggrin:
Man this Dragon is so cool....

(lvl 50 Subway stats: HP 167, att 105, DEF 100, SP ATT 194, SP DEF 105 AND 150 SPEED) !

Hydreigon is Awesome!! :razz::cool:

Kantomasta
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Well it was my Boldore, but my new Pichu is about to surpass him, having not lost a battle yet and hes lready level 20.

baratacom
05-18-2011, 05:50 AM
Gigalith and Stoutland (and their earlier forms) have always been there for when the Grimer hits the Doduo using fly.

jonsparker01
05-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Diamond & Pearl and Soulsilver are my most favorite and most valuable Pokemon ever.

Ryans
05-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Haxorus. Taught it Shadow Claw + Rivarly = Win against Elite Four. It dominated against Iris and the Elite Four.

X11
05-22-2011, 11:54 PM
So far, probably my Fraxure or Gardobor. {Nobody likes the poor thing XD}

Akuaburedo
05-23-2011, 12:35 AM
My Galvantula is probably the best mon on my team when it comes to sweeping. For catching mons, it's Musharna.

On my competitive team, it's Aggron. The kids in my school underestimate his bulky sexy epicness. <3

jhunter123
05-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Defiantly my super special awesome Chandelure. Moveset is pretty good with energy ball, flamethrower, shadow ball, and something else. cant remember what though.:oops:

alexd953
05-27-2011, 12:32 AM
In pokemon white, my MVP was probably my Haxorus. Helped me through the game, and hasn't fainted on me yet :D

kiddoman
05-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I love Pikachu without any doubt! It is lovely and cute, also pretty powerful! :hungry:

atucker22
05-28-2011, 01:05 AM
A few for me. My Darmanitan is always solid, just because of his crazy high attack. And my Throh can save me often because of Storm Throw. Auto Crit Hit is my favorite

Husnain
05-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Conkeldurr!!

pkmnrulz
05-29-2011, 01:14 AM
emolga. i ditched my starter for her n finished n's reshiram.

2iLL
06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
My Druddigon's pretty Badass, But My Musharna just goes through anything in it's way <3

Vanity
06-19-2011, 08:26 AM
From what I've gotten so far, it is definitely my Archen, he is such a powerhouse. His physical attacks actually destroy other peoples mons'. Love it.

Pokemon of Destruction
06-19-2011, 03:43 PM
So far my Scrafty. He saved me in a ton a battles (and most gyms).

Cheerful Cherubi
06-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Platinum: Amphy, my Ampharos! He's got a super high Sp Atk stat, plus some really powerful moves!! I love him!

White: Evra Vonn, my Serperior! I've had with me since the very beginning! He has super fast speed, as well as being my favorite new pokemon!!

Wi-Fi: ALAKAZAM, my Alakazam! He's so awesome. He can literally take on just about any foe. He has great Sp Atk and Speed stats, as well as a fantastic move set!

Crow22ize
07-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Its a tie between my charizard or swampert. Yea they got me through some though time. Good times, good times.

Foxamivalth
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
R,S,&E: Blaziken! XD
D&Pt: Empoleon was the best!
Black: Chandelure worthed a lot.
Overall: Blissey! Heal and Cure. Were you attacking me using Sp.Atk? I don't feel anything.

Kamoosekazi
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Scrafty

He pretty much solo'd 3/4 E4.... that's pretty badass

Dark/Fighting, amazing combo against E4 that use Psychic, Ghost and Dark

Mageta
07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Excadrill.

Ground/Steel are my two favorite type's and I know how to use them well.

Defenetially my MVP.

Judgmental Arceus
07-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Bisharp.
Dark-type, which is my favorite type, and Steel-type, allowing her to take attacks from a variety of types with little damage.

Silvyre
07-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and list my mvps for (almost) all the games I've played.

Red (Generation I) :: GYARADOS <3 <3 <3

Silver (Generation II) :: Dragonite. To this day I still remember the moveset I put on it - Surf, Strength, Fly, and Ice Punch (lol, I was 10). would spend hours grinding so it got to level 60. Then it single-handedly took down the Johto E4

Emerald (Generation III) :: Swampert. (Surf, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Strength) I kid you not... This guy took down every. single. gym. And Elite Four (Ice Beam's a killer). On his motha fing OWN. by the time I had like 4 pokes, I realized that I needn't anything more than Swampert. <3

Diamond (Generation IV) :: Infernape, nuff said.

White (Generation V) :: This one's harder... Haxorus, Scrafty, Archen, and even Stoutland. Haxorus seems to be a common pick. Scrafty kicked butt with dark AND fighting type moves, and I don't think he ever got taken down. Archen has ridiculous attack, so anytime I couldn't take something down I just brought him out to annihilate it. Stoutland, for the same reason: a phenomenal tank. Would rip anything apart and never get taken down himself. (I mean NEVER... he never once fainted o___o)

VictoriasHoundoom
07-16-2011, 09:24 PM
For each gen (and this DOES NOT include legendaries)

1st: Dragonite. I spent FOREVER trying to get it at the game corner as a dratini and it was well worth it. Legendary beast? definately Mewtwo.
2nd: Houndoom <3 <3 <3 and legendary would be my trusty Suicune.
3rd: Swampert. It gets me through everything. Legendary? Raquaza. <3
4th: I don't really have a non-legendary one in 4th gen, if I need somthing super strong I go get my giratina or my dialga. They're beast enough.

Dachampster
07-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I used Stoutland as a "eff it, lets try stoutland" tactic. It worked. It has solid stats and decent typing. Serperior worked ridiculously well in the post game, all I did was Leech Seed, Toxic everything in sight and won. Samurott got me through the E4 with Surf, X-Scissor, Slash, and Revenge.

GS: Typhlosion
RSE: Played through so many times... um...Oh yeah my Sceptile with Leaf Blade
DPPT: I always use my pokemon equally, but Roserade was especially dominant
HgSs: Ampharos

YouLookLikeBread
07-17-2011, 06:42 AM
I guess my most valuable Pokemon is Krookodile.
It saved me so many times through the game, so I never took it out of my party.

Blazing CobaltX
07-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Samurott, saved my ass so many times.

dimondgirlofthefuture
08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
For my soulsilver game, my Ampharos was a friggin beast. I kid you not. I caught it as a little Mareep, (I believe I caught it as a level 5 or so.) and once it evolved into a Flaaffy, I wanted to really bump it up another level. After it's final evolutionary form came, I just level grinded it to about level 60-something. There, it beat a bunch of the E4 'mons.

But for my black version, it has to be Emolga! When I traded my Boldore for the little flying squirrel, I thought nothing of it. But as I started leveling it up, (and I have to say, it levels up very quickly!) it learned moves like acrobat & whatever. Acrobat helped me KO a lot of the E4's pokemon. It was a lifesaver!!!(:

Melusine
09-02-2011, 09:10 PM
My Krookodile, Shadowstep. She's a beast! Her powerful moves and attack boosts from Moxie make her extremely tough to take down.

Ant2011
09-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Granite, my Gigalith. He's got a quick claw and wrecks basically everything in sight.

Socratic Sarcasm
09-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Gigalith the Gigalith (:P)

Sturdy spam beat the Driftveil Gym for me and PP stalled Ghestis' Hydreigon into Surf.

Zekrom mopped up easy after.

Magnetic_Zero
09-03-2011, 04:24 AM
It was my Emolga the first time around that could handle nearly anything. But now that I'm doing a Nuzlocke run, it's gotta be my Herdier, Theo, or Florence my Swadloon.

White Knight
09-03-2011, 05:01 AM
My epicsauce Crustle. I'm just raising him post-game but he's a tank. :)

Sequentio
09-03-2011, 05:17 AM
For HG/SS, it would be my Quagsire. I just... The moveset took forever to breed, but it was so worth it in the end. (:

For B/W, it would be Swanna! Surf/Hurricane STAB and Ice Beam helped progress through the game so much!

pkmnrulz
09-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Well post game was hariyama. He helped me break the 128 win streak i had in doubles battle subway. (burn + C.C hurt)

In story is was my conkeldurr, who helped clean up the e4 easily.

Captain Jack Harkness
09-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Heartgold: Scizor. Partly because he is my favorite and partly because with a Combination of U-Turn, Technitian and Bullet Punch he knocked the stuffing out of countless pokemon without ever taking a hit in return. Loved him to bits.

Black: Scrafty.

This. guy. Right. Here.

Saved my ass so many times I acctually lost count in the end. A simply fantastic pokemon, and has earnt a permenant place on my team.

Max0596
09-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Sara, my Flareon.
Why, you ask? Well a number of reasons:
1. She's been with me since pokemon red
2. She's like freaking awesome
3. She's strong
4. She's fast
5. She's obidient
6. She's SO DAMN CUTE!
7. When I got a shiny eevee female in Fire Red, that was my new Sara. The old one sits on a throne of legedary pokemon in box 1.

Machampion
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
My Dragonite.

Hes been with me since the originals and he is a powerhouse.