PDA

View Full Version : The little things that just make your day.

Speed-X
04-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I was so tempted to make another pet prevent thread, but...I decided that I'd go with this instead. In a way, its just...a better alternative.

Like the title says: what are the little things that just make your day / just make you smile? Feel free to be as specific as possible, and it can be anything.

...I swear I'll add mine once I get on a computer. ._.

Disco
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
To be honest, I don't think about how great a day is until I get to bed. So it's when the house is clean, everyone's asleep, I've showered and cuddled up under my blanket. Just that moment of perfection makes the entire day worth it.

Skylands
04-29-2011, 08:25 PM
- Knowing my homework is done
- Talking to a friend
- Waking up without an alarm clock
- Feeling a pleasant breeze through an open window
- Hugs

SLC
04-29-2011, 08:53 PM
When I completed Portal 2, an orgasmic feeling swept through me.

Vaughn
04-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Coffee.
I love drinking coffee at the bus stop.

Pokemon_Ron
04-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Buses.
I love watching buses at the Coffee Shop.

Disco
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
When I completed Portal 2, an orgasmic feeling swept through me.

I felt the same while watching a playthrough of Portal 2 and watching the end unfold.

I'm afraid if I actually buy the game I'll need a change every 5 minutes.

Jessu
04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Not too long ago, I was having a really bad day. I went to a Taco Bell for lunch, and the cashier said to me, "Well, I hope that you get to feeling better soon." with a smile on her face. She even handed me my lunch when it came out (compared to people normally picking up their orders themselves).

Little gestures like that from strangers actually cheer me up immensely. :)

But I also like hugs. <3

Yen
04-29-2011, 11:39 PM
It made my day to know that tomorrow, I won't have to wake up to that blasted alarm clock. :)

Speed-X
04-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Crippler: OH DEAR GOD...that's hilarious. xDD; That video. Probably wouldn't be nearly as funny without his commentary, though.

I also lol'ed at the three following comments...silly geese.

Yeah, those little thing's such as Jessu's situation brighten my day up, also...of course. ^^;

*Anyways, one thing that always brightens my day is when waiters/waitresses at restaurants are so kind and actually sincere. I guess I just love striking up conversations with them. Same goes with basically anyone working at a counter. xD;

*Complimenting total strangers, such as their outfit or something, or helping them out--y'know, just random acts of kindness--always make me feel great. ^^;

*And yes, I'll open my eyes at about 7 in the morning tomorrow just to realize that I can sleep in. That and that I'm going to the zoo tomorrow...again.

*Just listening / finding / hearing an amazing song / musica piece, remaster, etc. Always brightens up my mood.

As for now...I can't recall much else at this very moment. :<

Giratina
04-30-2011, 01:24 AM
It made my day to know that tomorrow, I won't have to wake up to that blasted alarm clock. :)

It's things like seeing Cooro and Senri in someone's avatar that really make my day. Trufax. :3 Cute little references make me super happy.

ELtabasco
04-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Dr.House's Signature if i look at it then it will make a day for me.

3m0d0ll
05-01-2011, 01:47 AM
One time I saw two kids, maybe five or six years old, both running to their car yelling, "I wanna open to door for grandma!!" That REALLY made my day <3

MoonKit
05-18-2011, 05:07 PM
@Jenn
Wut...that would be hilarious, and would probably warm up anyones day.

-Listening to an awesome song
-Reading a Chapter Book/Novel/Fan Fiction thing
-RECESS (Not waisting it, I won't get it even if there IS a park right next to my Middle School)
-Winning something or just trying my best at something and almost winning.
-Playing them Board games I hardly get to play anymore because of schoolwork and computers.
-The smell of any freshly baked treats.
-Compliments.
-Sitting in the grass/on a swing and watching the clouds.
-Seeing people I haven't seen in a long time (More than two weeks for me, although thats 15 days)

Yeah, I have many more, but I mainly nly use them when Im mad (Not music; I always have music playing if I'm at home)

Phantom Kat
05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Well, on Friday we had our band concert, and I was kind of feeling down, since it was going to be my last band concert because I'm a senior. I also heard underclassmen saying to other seniors, "I'll miss you," or "I wish you weren't a senior so you could stay," but other than my own friend, nobody had told me that. However, on Friday I got an award for "Most Improved Flute," and two freshmen flutes said they cheered for me when my name was announced. That made my day. :)

- Kat

Akuaburedo
05-23-2011, 12:25 AM
When I get a 90+ on a test or quiz in school. Sweet sweet satisfaction.

A good laugh also makes my day too.

Skelly
05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
- The first coffee of the morning
- Bed

:D

kiddoman
05-24-2011, 07:18 AM
A nice sleep,
Talking with my friend,
Surf on the Internet to check the news today,
A nice and fine day,