PDA

View Full Version : So confused...

mom22seans
06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi all! I'm Mom to a 7-yr old boy who LOVES his Pokemon Black 3DS game... so much so that he has me searching all over the internet to find out how he can get Pokemon that he does not have yet. I'm interested in learning how to trade for him & finding trustworthy traders online. We do have an AR and I know he has a ton of Pokemon already. One that he is particularly interested in right now is the exclusive-White version "Rufflet". So, if anyone could please reply or PM and end my agonizing hours of seraching online, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Also, he has a friend about his age that says he went to Gamestop a few weeks ago to "get a new Pokemon" (download or something?) but when I called Gamestop, they said they haven't done an event since the release of Pokemon Black & White and had no clue what I was talking about... anyone know?

Anyway, thanks for the read! Hoping to find some great trades here! :)

~Mom22Seans~

Lilligance
06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi! I understand how you must feel, the game is pretty overwhelming to people who have never really been much into the franchise.

For info on how to get certain pokemon, I would suggest visiting Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/), they have everything and anything about the games and the franchise! If you click the link, it should lead you directly to the page on the Black and White games. On the right side, it will list EVERYTHING about the game and ANYTHING he wants to know about it!

If he's looking for pokemon, click the link that says 'Pokedex', or just click here to go straight to the pokedex. (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/) Here's a link to info on Rufflet! (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/627.shtml)

As for trading, I think there's a section here for trainers to trade through Wifi, If you explained your situation, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out! (and honest!)
Here's a link to the Wifi trading thread! (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)

Gamestop is right, there are only special events that occur to get certain pokemon, although I think if you have AR you can easily get them through that. If you're looking for AR codes, I would suggest youtube, you can tell through the comments people give if the codes work or not, I always find that helpful.

I hope this helps! If you need anything else, don't be afraid to pm me! I have a lot of younger siblings and I know how it can be haha.

mom22seans
06-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks so much for your reply! I can't believe how much info there is on this game - it's obviously even bigger than I thought! ...what have I gotten myself into!? LOL Ah well ... I already said I'd figure it out for him so off I go to the trade forum! Thanks again :)

Graceful_Suicune
06-15-2011, 02:49 AM
WWWWWWELCOME TO PE2K~

I'm sure you'll find many trustworthy people to trade with. And yes, Lilligance gave you a very good introduction already (complete with links and all! xD), but I'd like to welcome you too. :) Pe2k is lots of fun and I have many great memories of this place.

Have fun here!

~GS.

Lilligance
06-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Haha thanks Grace~!

It's my pleasure! Oh gosh I know! The game is a world of its own in a way!

I can tell you the series gets slightly more and more complicated with each new game release, (there are about five different generations, Black and white being the fifth) so I think all the accumulated new features are piled up in Black and white!

I suppose if he's having trouble picking up basics of the game, he might understand the entire series better if he started off with Red and Blue version, it is the first game of the series and it is also the game at it's most basic form. Although he probably won't want to start a new game since he has black and white now hehe!

Be careful, the game can be fairly addicting! Good luck!

fortomorrow
06-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Now Pokemon seems to be finished like Slam Dunk! you know this kind of cartoon can not last for a long time! Especially for the kids like you!:silenced:

Judgmental Arceus
06-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Welcome to pE2k

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the Pokemon Elite 2000 site. We hope you find everything you need to make your Pokemon experience better. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask anyone.

It's great to know we have parents here. I'm sure there are a lot more of them here than what we are told.

I'm not parent, but I had a big hand in raising my little sister's boy from the time he was baby. He's 14 years old now. He's a big, big, boy. He's my baby boy and the son I never had. I'm very proud of him.