PDA

View Full Version : Battle Subway

DRAKING
06-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey all. I noticed not many talks here are about the Battle Subway. Just wandering: what are your records? And what pokemon do you use? Has anyone been able to get those Lansat and Starf berries (after 15/29 rounds)? Also, every pokemon seem te be sturdy nowadays...

Mine:
Super Single: 66 wins (!)
Super Double: 38 wins
Super Multi: 67 wins

So the only Cup I don't have yet is the Super Double... I find this rather difficult. It is wise to go all out and send 4 sweepers, or is more balance better? I always use my Garchomp at front next to a Levitater... but the next line is where I just seem to lack something... Arcanine with Intimidate is nice for catching Ice but still gets his ass beaten by those pesky bulky water/ice pokemons...

Kamoosekazi
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey all. I noticed not many talks here are about the Battle Subway. Just wandering: what are your records? And what pokemon do you use? Has anyone been able to get those Lansat and Starf berries (after 15/29 rounds)? Also, every pokemon seem te be sturdy nowadays...

Mine:
Super Single: 66 wins (!)
Super Double: 38 wins
Super Multi: 67 wins

So the only Cup I don't have yet is the Super Double... I find this rather difficult. It is wise to go all out and send 4 sweepers, or is more balance better? I always use my Garchomp at front next to a Levitater... but the next line is where I just seem to lack something... Arcanine with Intimidate is nice for catching Ice but still gets his ass beaten by those pesky bulky water/ice pokemons...

I need to xfer my pokemon from my HG to my black >.<

I run Lead Gallade, Bait-Tar with a RestTalk Cresselia and Paraflinch Togekiss in reserve.

Normally nothing beats the first two, but in rare occaisions my T-tar will drop and Togekiss sweeps...

I like having a bulky in reserve just in cause i need to wall though, being near invincible helps tons.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Wow that's really impressive! I've gotten up to the Subway boss in Super Double and Super Single trains (after 21 battles) but I've lost every time xD

I've used a bunch of different Pokemon, not overly strategically though. Sometimes I use Archeops and Volcarona in double battles because they can hit hard and fast. Otherwise I have a trick room team that works pretty well. Reuniclus and Chandelure are pretty awesome!

Typhlosion Explosion
06-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Woah, You are goood ;)

Anyways, I have gone through the Super Double, but I haven't beaten the Bosses XD I think I'm going to try with Latios and Latias, and Altaria and Salamence. Dragons <3 I ususally go through with my EV'd Eeveelutions. <3 They are mah Babiez.

DRAKING
06-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Nice comments! I also really believe in Trick Room teams. Trick Room is such a domination move... Especially when using fatties like Hariyama, Reuniclus, Escavalier... I think Chandelure could work allright, but his defensive typing is so bad....

Anyway, last night I FINALLY got the Super Double Cup! Yay! Know what, I'll post my teams here:

Super Single Team:
Dragon Dance Lead: Salamence@Focus Sash. Nature: adamant. Ability: Intimidate. EV's: ATT, SPE, HP
Brick Break, Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Dance.

Stall and catch Ice: Milotic@Leftovers. Nature: bold. Ability: Marvel Scale. EV's: HP, DEF
Scald, Ice Beam, Double Team, Rest.

Sweep: Hydreigon@Choice Specs. Nature: modest. Ability: Levitate. EV's: SPA, SPE
Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Surf.

Notes: Salamence has just enough speed to outspeed every non scarfed pokemon in the game after 1 dragon dance. Brick Break is for coverage (better than Aerial Ace IMO). Milotic wasn't even ment to be in my lead team but proved to be so good with this moveset, really incredible. Burn and Rest, baby. Hydreigon has such a strong movepool, Choice Specs works wonders...

Super Double Team:
Front: Garchomp@Choice Band. Nature: jolly. Ability: Sand Veil. EV's: ATT, SPEE
EARTHQUAKE, Outrage, Rock Slide, Brick Break.

Front: Empoleon@Air Balloon. Nature: modest. Ability: Torrent. EV's: SPA, HP
Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Protect.

Second: Eelektross@Sitrus Berry. Nature: careful. Ability: Levitate. EV's: HP, ATT
Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Thunder Wave, Coil

Second: Latios@Leftovers. Nature: sassy (didnt get choose this). Ability: Levitate. EV's: SPA, HP, DEF
Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Thunder Wave, Protect

Based around Choice Band Earthquake Garchomp. Air Balloon Empoleon with Protect lures the attention away from Garchomp, which is really good. When there's trouble, I slowly start to Thunder Wave everyone while protecting and retaliate later with one of my Dragons :) Latios can switch into everything Empoleon fears (fighting, electric and ground) Last, I want to make a statement to all you trainers out there:

You don't need hacked pokemons to win. You don't need only Uber and Legendary pokemons to win. You do need to understand everything about breeding and EV training. The computer uses IV perfect and EV-trained pokemon as well.. But most of all, inventivity and creativity are being rewarded. Don't be afraid to try stuff out, and keep enhancing your team. Make sure you think how every pokemon functions in your team, and don't just throw some strong ones together. For example: Empoleon would normally get totally wasted in doubles, but not in this team. Good luck! Draking

atucker22
06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't know who my final spot in my Super Double team should be. So far it is:

Rash Abomasnow with Nevermeltice, EV in Sp Atk and Atk
Energy Ball, Brick Break, Blizzard (has Snow Warning ability), EQ

Timid Infernape with Expert Belt, EV Sp Atk and Speed
Close Combat, Nasty Plot, EQ, Flamethrower

Mild Dragonite with DeepSeaTooth, EV in Sp Atk and Atk
Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Wing Attack, Surf

I am set in using these three, I just need another Poke, most likely a hard hitting wall, or someone bulky. Any suggestions?

TonyT
07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I run a Dragonite, Aerodactyl and Lucario. They work really well, getting through all 21 battles in an hour or so

Battlestar
07-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Wow you guys are good. I get about an average of 30 as a win streak

maryjuicy
07-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Black mountain old demon