PDA

View Full Version : [WAR X] WAR X RP - The Circle of Life and Death [DS]

Lusankya
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Ask questions about the RP here, as well as anything else you would like to say.

Sight of the Stars
06-28-2011, 01:11 AM
/didn't realize there was a DS thread on the last question.

If you have two characters that share the exact same history, on the second character, could you put "refer to -insert other character's name here-'s history"? I know it sounds a bit lazy, but I started my history on my first character and thought, "I'm bad at making histories. This will be very short". Well, it turned out to be a freaking novel, and retyping it with some modifications sounds like a pain and copying and pasting it sounds even more lazy and extremely pointless. :P

Lusankya
06-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Sure? I guess. I don't see much issue with that.

Dr Scott
06-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Perhaps we should confine ourselves to one-two cities at the beginning of the RP, given the small cast size? We don't want to RP from different areas of the globe, I think that will simply kill activity.

Thoughts?

Lusankya
06-28-2011, 01:36 PM
People seem mostly to be congregating in Saffron and Parasanti anyways. I expect that the people who want to interact together will group together and everything will work out naturally~

Skull Kid
06-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Do the Dead Gods generally look like humans? If not, what?

Lusankya
06-28-2011, 11:25 PM
The only Dead God that's been discovered so far lies underneath Morrigu Barro, and due to the fact that it's underground and its enormous size, no one has a clue what it actually looks like. Generally, their form is incomprehensible to mere mortals and the only responses any characters should have to them are terror and insanity.

... You aren't even in the RP Oo

Skull Kid
06-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm working on a signup for it right now. The whole thing you have here is looking pretty sweet, and I'm kinda surprised at how in-depth it is. I'm really looking forward to it.
Also, how does the process of infusing Ichor work?

Kamikaze
06-28-2011, 11:35 PM
@Lusankya: I just want to make sure there has not been a misunderstanding of some kind, but you said my SU was accepted, although you said I should think of a few things, and I am not listed in the cast as a member of the Cullen.

Since the RP has now started, it would be good to know if I misunderstood you when you said that I was accepted.

~Kamikaze

Lusankya
06-29-2011, 02:27 AM
I'm working on a signup for it right now. The whole thing you have here is looking pretty sweet, and I'm kinda surprised at how in-depth it is. I'm really looking forward to it.
Also, how does the process of infusing Ichor work?

Make sure you join one of the WAR teams first, since I see you're new to the forum. They're in the Groups section of Pe2k.

Ichor infusion can be done either magically or physically. Physical infusion usually means injecting small amounts of Ichor into the bloodstream, eating it, or other methods. However, this is obviously quite dangerous and is usually the poor man's method. Magical infusion uses certain processes that takes an Ichor crystal and magically combine it with a person. However, the process is easy to mess up and quite risky, especially considering there is no formal way of doing so since the process is illegal in most places.

Kamikaze, the mistake has been rectified. You are now in the cast.

Kamikaze
06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Is is allowed to have more than one pokemon per character? My character(who already have a pokemon living with him) has just rescued a Growlithe, and I was wondering if it would be allowed to have it accompany my character, at least for a while.

I also have a question regarding traveling, and distances. To travel, as long as not to the nearest city-state and by flying, one needs three posts. Departure, travel, and arrival. But what kind of distances are we talking about? Or more specifically, how long does it take to travel from, say Itum to Saffron, or Venefinia to Parasanti? Assuming you travel by foot. Different people travel at different speed, sure, but are we talking about days, weeks, or leaving and arriving the same day?

And the last question, the "three posts for travel", is it only three, or at least three? The actual question being, can the travel part be more than one post? Departure and arrival can't be made in more than one part, obviously, as either you leave/arrive or you don't.

I hope you don't mind the questions, I just figure it is better to ask than to assume something that may be wrong.

Lusankya
06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
If you have more than one Pokemon they must be cared for realistically, meaning you have to have the capability to lug them around everywhere, feed them, etc.

If you're traveling on foot it should take days to move between city-states, weeks if you're moving between far edges of the map. But time has always been pretty fluid in Pe2k RPs so I wouldn't worry about that.

You can have as many posts during travel as you like.

k_pop
06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey, I just wanted to put it out there that not everyone is gonna know who the Cullen is just yet. And there's nothing to really point them out anyway.

Just saw your post Moonkit. How do you know the Pokemon standing in the open belong to Cullen members? ^^

And Latio, we will no be showing identification yet either.

Latio-Nytro
07-01-2011, 12:58 AM
That is done.

Lus, what's the current status on the Legendary Pokemon? Are they alive? Are they dead? Did they ever exist?

Lusankya
07-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Some of them are still alive, several died in the Wave. But there may be one or two that are currently dormant and may possess later plot significance. I would like the avoid a "catch the Legendaries" sort of thing that tended to engulf the early parts of other Team RPs.

Grassy_Aggron
07-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Hey Lus, I wasn't sure if my post affected you or not seeing as Sovereign was mentioned.

It's up to you to decide if the ship (Serenity) decides to report the stunt my character pulled to him...Again. Lol. Somehow, I get the feeling Sovereign will be groaning if she does report it XD "Not again!"

Oh...And my first post in the WAR roleplay. EVER. I hope I did well (it was certainly long enough!)

Lusankya
07-01-2011, 03:44 AM
The "Affected" thing is really more for you guys so you don't have to crawl through every post to get the ones that affect you. I have to read everything anyways.

Grassy_Aggron
07-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Aw. Well, I still thought about you Lus XD

I hope you enjoy the trouble-maker of the fleet XD

Lusankya
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the rather low number of posts in the RP, there is a strong possibility that I will judge SUs instead of RP posts for this first week. So use this opportunity to tidy up those SUs!

MoonKit
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Hey, I just wanted to put it out there that not everyone is gonna know who the Cullen is just yet. And there's nothing to really point them out anyway.

Just saw your post Moonkit. How do you know the Pokemon standing in the open belong to Cullen members? ^^

/late

I posted seeing the people in the first post I made for a slight time, otherwise mainly ignored them until the Pokemon came out.

Kamikaze
07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I have another question regarding time. Since there is no date/timestamp on posts in this RP, how rigid is time really?

Does it matter as long as the travel between locations is reasonable, and the time between palyers are synced?

Example, Player 1 leaves Point A at a Monday(just to make things simple). Player 2 posts at a fixed location(not telling what day), i.e. not traveling. Player 1 has been traveling for a few days, while stumbling upon Player 2 at a Thursday. Player 2 continues after his last post was made, making it claer that days hasn't passed since his last post.

The outcome is, as the two players converge, their time is synced, while Player 1's first post took place days before Player 2's first post, RP-time that is.

This has to be realistic of course, a player can't just jump around, making days pass in every post just so that he/she can travel fast, and only slowing down while near another RPer.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, but I basically, as long as there are no specific instructions as to what day and/or time it is, can a person join in and syncing their time with that of the other involved RPers?

The answer may be obvious to more experienced RPers, but quite frankly I have only been involved in a few RPs before, and they all had either timestamps or took place in short amounts of time, a few days at most(rp-time) before the chapter was ended or the RP died...

And as a last question, what time of the year is it currently? I can't recall seeing anything that indicates whether it is spring, summer, or if winter is rolling around within the next couple of weeks or not. I have assumed that it's at some part of the spring/summer, as nothing else have been given, and one usually mentions if there's snow up to your knees or the forest looks like a rainbow. (Exaggerated examples perhaps, but it should get the message through. I'm quite tired at the moment, as I have had a busy day.)

I'd best stop writing here, before I start writing things I won't understand myself. =P

~Kamikaze

Grassy_Aggron
07-02-2011, 01:56 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the rather low number of posts in the RP, there is a strong possibility that I will judge SUs instead of RP posts for this first week. So use this opportunity to tidy up those SUs!

Oi.

I post one of my best posts ever, and now it might not even be judged?

Triple T is saaaaad :(

...Well, she would be, if she wasn't trying to paint another ship pink >.> *Yells*

Lusankya
07-02-2011, 03:44 AM
I have another question regarding time. Since there is no date/timestamp on posts in this RP, how rigid is time really?

Does it matter as long as the travel between locations is reasonable, and the time between palyers are synced?

Example, Player 1 leaves Point A at a Monday(just to make things simple). Player 2 posts at a fixed location(not telling what day), i.e. not traveling. Player 1 has been traveling for a few days, while stumbling upon Player 2 at a Thursday. Player 2 continues after his last post was made, making it claer that days hasn't passed since his last post.

The outcome is, as the two players converge, their time is synced, while Player 1's first post took place days before Player 2's first post, RP-time that is.

This has to be realistic of course, a player can't just jump around, making days pass in every post just so that he/she can travel fast, and only slowing down while near another RPer.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, but I basically, as long as there are no specific instructions as to what day and/or time it is, can a person join in and syncing their time with that of the other involved RPers?

The answer may be obvious to more experienced RPers, but quite frankly I have only been involved in a few RPs before, and they all had either timestamps or took place in short amounts of time, a few days at most(rp-time) before the chapter was ended or the RP died...

And as a last question, what time of the year is it currently? I can't recall seeing anything that indicates whether it is spring, summer, or if winter is rolling around within the next couple of weeks or not. I have assumed that it's at some part of the spring/summer, as nothing else have been given, and one usually mentions if there's snow up to your knees or the forest looks like a rainbow. (Exaggerated examples perhaps, but it should get the message through. I'm quite tired at the moment, as I have had a busy day.)

I'd best stop writing here, before I start writing things I won't understand myself. =P

~Kamikaze

Time is as fluid as necessary. As long as months are not passing within the space of a few posts. Person A could be going to sleep at night while Person B is fighting at high noon.

@Grassy: If it isn't judged this week, it will be judged next week...

Lusankya
07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
WEEK 1 SCORES

Based on the combined SUs and Week 1 RP.

#1: k_pop -- 3 points
Well-written posts, engaging dialogue, shows consistency in quality (although RP has not been up long enough to judge this properly). Shows some signs of plot development with the airship. Good work!

#2: ChainReaction01 -- 2 points
Creative character backstory wins this WAR RP newbie second place. Your posts are of a gruff, gritty kind, something that sets his posts apart from others. Some lore confusion in your SU and a lack of clear, purposeful intent so far in the RP kept you from first place.

#3: Latio-Reol -- 1 point
Although I can't quite identify the reason, I found your character's history the most interesting to read. A lot of stuff happens. Your posts are hilariously cheesy (hope that's the intent; I assumed it was anyways) and show signs of plot development and were fun for me to read. However, occasional grammatical errors that are quite jarring in otherwise well-written posts keep you from being higher.

Honorable Mentions: Grassy and WWoTS. WWoTS, what you've written so far is of good quality but, although there's nothing explicitly wrong, it lacks a certain something, a charm or wit, to make it stand out from the other posts. Grassy, the only thing keeping you from winning points is having only one post.

As for everyone else, you're all doing fine, keep up the good work and have fun!

Lusankya
07-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Triple post cause I can.

Latio, unfortunately I couldn't get to telling you this earlier, but it should've taken a lot more effort to get to Ancient Saffron. You'd first have to penetrate through centuries of post-Wave Saffron construction, then you'd be in the hextech Lifemaker-era Old Saffron, then finally you could reach pre-Fall Ancient Saffron. I'm not going to make you retract your post, but you should keep this in mind in further posts. That said, I am going to throw some plot your way soon, as well as anybody else in the Saffron area.

Grassy_Aggron
07-03-2011, 11:46 PM
WHOO! Honorable Mention ftw!

Tee hee, not bad for my first ever WAR post, huh?

Question for anyone of every team; anyone need an airship to pick them up to go somewhere? The Vail, Triple T will also take you there. I need to interact with others, but I figured instead of going somewhere and hoping someone notices, maybe I should just ask everyone else XD

It ain't cheatin'...It's roleplayin'!

Lol, if you dare to enlist her services though...Well, I hope you don't get motion sickness very easily 0o'

Lusankya
07-04-2011, 02:03 AM
I may be needing your services soon, Grassy. Depending on how soon I can get my Saffron sub-plot rolling. So just keep that in mind.

Sight of the Stars
07-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Oo, yay! ^^; I'll work on that. Usually once things begin to pick up, I start getting more into my posts. (x

Hm, since when did Pokemon Elemental own Parasanti forest, lol?

Grassy_Aggron
07-04-2011, 03:11 AM
I may be needing your services soon, Grassy. Depending on how soon I can get my Saffron sub-plot rolling. So just keep that in mind.

Lol, cargo services, I'm guessing? Triple T can deliver your stuff super fast...Although whether or not it's in one piece is...Well, it depends XD

Don't put Pokemon Eggs in her cargo, or you'll wind up with scrambled eggs! ...Yummy.

I'm glad she was able to cheer Sovereign up a little bit <3 Guess a crazy ship is just what he needed, huh? Although, I'm tempted to have Triple T paint a big ol' pink smiley face on Sovereign's side when he's in his avatar. Lol. I can imagine everyone else going "Ummm...You may want to tap into a camera and just...Look at yourself. Like, NOW."

...I imagine she'd be shot down for that XD

Charmander009
07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
@ WhiteWolf: Because I said so :P Hahahaha just kidding, it just seemed like a place condusive to our cause. (and technically, it's not Parasanti--it's Endla Forest)

Also, my apologies for not posting in a while. My internet is being dumb :P But I hope to have something up tonight ^^

(I knew I wasn't doing good with my posts... Dx )

Altrius
07-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Im kinda stuck from posting cause im waiting on Moonkit/White wolf :L Wolf go post! :D

Charmander009
07-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I think they were waiting on me, Alt ^^'

Ugh, but I should be shot for my short posts Dx I'm doing terrible in this WAR...

Sight of the Stars
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Im kinda stuck from posting cause im waiting on Moonkit/White wolf :L Wolf go post! :D

Actually, I was waiting for Char, didn't want to leave someone behind. Got to go now, though...

k_pop
07-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Good grief, Lus. What did you cook up? ^^'

Grassy_Aggron
07-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Good grief, Lus. What did you cook up? ^^'

I agree with Kris.

I'm about to start my own plot though >:3 Although, I'm sure Triple T will come calling if Sovereign needs her in Saffron. With practically no weapons, I think her speed would be what is needed...

She's freakin' awesome at distracting people :D

Anyone in Itum?

Lusankya
07-06-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm experimenting with RP Events; consider this the first one. These will be crises that I will be sending into the RP to act as gathering points and plot advancement for our RPers. The Events will be open to anyone to deal with, and teams that successfully do so will gain the recognition and favor due to those who save the world, not to mention a good shot at winning some WAR points.

The first Event is called The Kingdom's Executioner, after the war machine it's based on. It will take place in Saffron; RPers will have to assist NPCs like the mages of Venefinia as well as the Knights of the Red Circle in order to defeat the Executioner. Note that although I plan to involve my character directly with this event as a sort of example, future Events will not necessarily be this way.

Basically, I'm just trying things out to get the RP moving. Also, k_pop, you're in a good position to start something here :P People not already in Saffron need not worry though, there should be plenty of time for anyone that wants to help to get there. Latio's little subplot was just convenient for me.

Grassy_Aggron
07-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Nifty.

Lus, should I PM you my event idea? <3

k_pop
07-06-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm experimenting with RP Events; consider this the first one. These will be crises that I will be sending into the RP to act as gathering points and plot advancement for our RPers. The Events will be open to anyone to deal with, and teams that successfully do so will gain the recognition and favor due to those who save the world, not to mention a good shot at winning some WAR points.

The first Event is called The Kingdom's Executioner, after the war machine it's based on. It will take place in Saffron; RPers will have to assist NPCs like the mages of Venefinia as well as the Knights of the Red Circle in order to defeat the Executioner. Note that although I plan to involve my character directly with this event as a sort of example, future Events will not necessarily be this way.

Basically, I'm just trying things out to get the RP moving. Also, k_pop, you're in a good position to start something here :P People not already in Saffron need not worry though, there should be plenty of time for anyone that wants to help to get there. Latio's little subplot was just convenient for me.

Well, I do appreciate that you've enlightened us on this. So we're gonna get Events dropped on us like in a game? Well, you were right about shaking things up, that's for sure.

Ok, so do I just go for it as if he's a really big NPC? Or are you controlling him? And I'm assuming he's some kind of hextech from the description, right?

bronislav84
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
As long as you don't nuke the city and kill all the NPCs there, Lus....

Lusankya
07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
@Bron: Stopping that is the objective of the event. But if you fail to stop the Executioner at Saffron, it will move on to the next city...

@kris: Yep, it's a giant NPC, but I will be doing any of the major changes to what's going on. Feel free to work in between what I've written though

@Grassy: Feel free. Anyone in the RP should feel free to PM me any ideas at any point.

bronislav84
07-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Dude are you kidding me? Just involve your character already as you're intending and make people think Armada isn't bad for the time being. Be the hero, or somebody else from Armada. Nobody else is big enough to hurt that thing. Maybe slow it down, but what, did you think we could just conjure up a "make me big so I don't get stepped on" spell?

I have kind of an idea but I'd just annoy it more than anything. -_- Plus most of us from Cullen are still busy trying to figure out how to not make an enemy out of Elemental.

Lusankya
07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm detecting the beginnings of a pattern of you giving up the moment something that isn't obviously weaker than you appears. Have you possibly considered that the entire Saffron area is located above a series of caverns and unstable ground, and that the Executioner very heavy? Or the fact that the thing is totally unable to hit anything small and fast? Or hm, the RP takes place in a world of magic, and that there are a million and one ways to use magic and manipulate the environment in ways that a stupid machine wouldn't be able to deal with? It's like you are literally unable to conceive of anything that's not "attack it directly!" If stopping the thing were meant to be easy then there'd be no point whatsoever. More than anything I'm trying to test the creativity of our RPers here.

bronislav84
07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm not giving up and have an idea if the others fail, but it will probably all be over by the time we get WWOTS to the point where Elemental doesn't wanna kill her characters. Then I STILL need to finish my plot I wanted to do in Parasanti, and will probably get there just in time to see Saffron get turned into unusable nothingness. A smoking pile of rubble, unless the Venefinia mages can make a new cage for the metal beast. But usually it isn't a good idea to rely solely on NPCs because somebody needs to narrate them who knows exactly what they can do. It's your world Lus, we just live in it. We don't know as much about as you I'm afraid.

What I'm concerned about is that Saffron will be destroyed, all of it. All the potential treasures in it, and nobody on any team will be able to do anything there anymore. Well, so far at least it climbed out of the hole and to the surface and isn't rampaging down there, but I'm not holding my breath and that could change by the time I'm ready to set foot near there. Kami and I are trying to save WWOTS currently, without setting off Elemental who (At least according to their thread) aren't out to do evil deeds. We don't need them as an enemy, and with them already being pissed off to begin with this is really hard. No idea how long it will take.

k_pop
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Calm down, Bron. If he wants to throw a giant mechanical monster at us, we'll just see how hard it can fall. ^^

Lusankya
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm not giving up and have an idea if the others fail, but it will probably all be over by the time we get WWOTS to the point where Elemental doesn't wanna kill her characters. Then I STILL need to finish my plot I wanted to do in Parasanti, and will probably get there just in time to see Saffron get turned into unusable nothingness. A smoking pile of rubble, unless the Venefinia mages can make a new cage for the metal beast. But usually it isn't a good idea to rely solely on NPCs because somebody needs to narrate them who knows exactly what they can do. It's your world Lus, we just live in it. We don't know as much about as you I'm afraid.

What I'm concerned about is that Saffron will be destroyed, all of it. All the potential treasures in it, and nobody on any team will be able to do anything there anymore. Well, so far at least it climbed out of the hole and to the surface and isn't rampaging down there, but I'm not holding my breath and that could change by the time I'm ready to set foot near there. Kami and I are trying to save WWOTS currently, without setting off Elemental who (At least according to their thread) aren't out to do evil deeds. We don't need them as an enemy, and with them already being pissed off to begin with this is really hard. No idea how long it will take.

So, your issue here is that I'm ruining your plans? Well, from a consummate planner, dealing with a wrench in the works is as much a sign of good RPing as winning fights with other RPers. Do note that I'm not forcing you to go to Saffron. You're perfectly fine to leave it your teammates to handle. If you feel like that you can't trust them to handle it without you, then you can always make another character. You wouldn't be the first. If I'm forcing you to make a choice here, then I consider that a good thing; after all, life is full of opportunity costs, and why should RPs be any different?

bronislav84
07-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I had plans to go there? I don't know what you're talking about dude. I was actually asking Kris for a summons there because I couldn't think of a reason to go there so I could help out. Ask her if you believe otherwise. If anything, you're giving Kami, WWOTS, and myself a reason to go there when we're able. My plans are usually hard to ruin, and I generally find ways to accomplish them regardless of monkey wrenches anyway.

Maybe you read it wrong, so I'll say it again. My issue is that I'm worried about there being a Saffron to go to in the future, that is all. I do trust my teammates, and I'm not too good with multiple characters in different places unless one is a semi-expendable NPC. Typically I try to keep my NPCs as durable as possible. If it looks like I need to split my attention for some reason, then I will. Until then, I'm simply concerned.

Charmander009
07-06-2011, 10:38 PM
You guys were worried about us, huh? Hmm...

bronislav84
07-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Since when are you in Saffron? No I was worried about the city.

As long as we're here, Charmander, your character as well as all of Elemental's RPers and WWOTS are all stuck in an endless loop because nobody trusts anybody, and nobody will tell anybody anything. Kami and I were discussing it and it's such a mess. We can't seem to come up with an idea where the teams don't end up mad at each other. Somebody in that group seriously needs to budge and be nice, because in all seriousness, everybody is being detained and nobody is going anywhere. Out Of Character, the teams are both good aligned and have no quarrel. They shouldn't be fighting each other, but you must understand In Character that owning an entire forest on a major trade route intersection is causing huge trouble for the world in general because your people are blocking the only over land trade route and cutting off cities from each other. If it was a simple toll road or customs check, go ahead, but just outright blockading it creates trouble for NPCs and makes it impossible to travel by land without your would-be bandits jumping out and attacking because apparently, that's trespassing and nobody told the rest of the world that you guys are blockiading a major trade route. You're basically dividing Aria in half. How's Venefinia supposed to send mages to seal the mechanical monster Lus brought in if the mage group gets held up in your forest? Expect to lose like half your NPC supporters this way when the huge group of mages has to "trespass" in your forest, because you're just blocking travel.

You don't see VILE or Cullen claiming to own land, and Armada just happens to be moored in Port Aer but they aren't restricting access to it like jerks. Well, not yet anyway. Now would somebody figure out a way to make peace without somebody's characters having to be killed? Please? Both teams need to focus on the bigger picture here, like accomplishing something and earning points. I wonder if this RP will even finish in 4 more weeks? Usually like half the playerbase quits once the War Season ends, making it impossible to have a concise finish to a War RP. :(

k_pop
07-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Bron, both of the old Saffrons have been buried for centuries, it won't hurt if they're buried a little more. Destruction of cities is a regular thing in RP. ^^

From what I saw, Elemental hasn't claimed the whole forest, only the spot where they were. I didn't see any sign of them stopping travelers on the road.

Also, I'm sending a message to Cullen officers in my post. I think you said Carie was an Epsilon, you can go ahead and have her receive the message. Kay?

bronislav84
07-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Point taken.

Maybe I read it wrong, but they seemed to say the whole forest. I dunno, let's wait for Charmander to confirm? Or just link me to where they said just a limited area then call me blind. :redface: Either way that thing needs to somehow be resolved peacefully, because everybody there is stuck otherwise. That and gmembers of teams that shouldn't be fighting are at each other's throats over trespassing that IMHO should not exist to begin with.

And yes, she is and Shen approved. Thanks, we will get there soon as we figure out the deal with Elemental and the plot we needed to do in Paradanti.

Charmander009
07-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I actually don't plan to be distrustful of every one--White Wolf just kind of picked the wrong spot to jump in (right after we took out a NPC group of Red Circle Knights), especially since her charries seemed like such mage-haters ^^' My team's real enemy is the Red Circle, who want to discourage the practice of magic. In all honesty, we wouldn't attack this group of mages that you are sending our way--unless they'd be part of the "Mind Police" or something? IDK, I admit that I haven't read through them as thorough as I should have ^^' .

Also, I didn't really "stake" any real land in Parasanti--we're more a party of campers, aiming for more of a "Robin Hood" theme more than anything. I wanted to make that clear, but I didn't get much time to expand on that idea ^^'

Though, I do want to thank you for pointing these things out, because... well, I'm still a rookie to all this, in my mind ^^' I'm still learning the ropes of these "bigger" RPs.

Sight of the Stars
07-07-2011, 01:36 AM
I actually don't plan to be distrustful of every one--White Wolf just kind of picked the wrong spot to jump in (right after we took out a NPC group of Red Circle Knights), especially since her charries seemed like such mage-haters ^^' My team's real enemy is the Red Circle, who want to discourage the practice of magic. In all honesty, we wouldn't attack this group of mages that you are sending our way--unless they'd be part of the "Mind Police" or something? IDK, I admit that I haven't read through them as thorough as I should have ^^' .

Also, I didn't really "stake" any real land in Parasanti--we're more a party of campers, aiming for more of a "Robin Hood" theme more than anything. I wanted to make that clear, but I didn't get much time to expand on that idea ^^'

Though, I do want to thank you for pointing these things out, because... well, I'm still a rookie to all this, in my mind ^^' I'm still learning the ropes of these "bigger" RPs.

Had to find some place to jump into, and I needed to get to Parasanti, so might as well if I wanted to at least try and score some points.

Charmander009
07-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Oh, no, it was fine, don't worry White Wolf. It's all good, but that's just kind of the logical reaction that my group would have in response to your approach, in my mind. Like I said, I'm still kind of a rookie, and I've never really had to, um, lead I guess.

Sight of the Stars
07-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Oh, no, it was fine, don't worry White Wolf. It's all good, but that's just kind of the logical reaction that my group would have in response to your approach, in my mind. Like I said, I'm still kind of a rookie, and I've never really had to, um, lead I guess.

Blah, Tsuki has a rep for making everything better, so this might not turn out badly. xD

bronislav84
07-07-2011, 01:53 AM

Thank you Char for explaining that, and it seems based on timestamps you guys had already started to try to work it out when I made the above post. Kami was supposed to do a post again because he had an idea and I didn't, but now that everything seems to be worked out I might make one tonight and get together with the two once Nessa concludes the exchange. Or before, depending. We probably won't wait for her and just show up. Dunno yet.

BTW would you mind not axing Circle Knights if you hear them talking about going to Saffron? There's kinda this giant Event going on there and the Knights are needed although they're not exactly good people. Mind Police never leave Venefinia as far as I could tell, but there might be a major party of mages going from Venefinia to Saffron and passing through your forest camp depending on if Lus wants to grab them or have them already show up where needed.

Sight of the Stars
07-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Might want to do it now, unless you decide to move around them. Tsuki could be able to get them to let Bron and Kami's characters pass as well, unless, like I said, you're just going to go around.

Charmander009
07-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Yeah, no prob Bron ^^ Sorry for the confusion ^^'

Hey, I won't ax them if they don't ax us xD I'll let them alone if they're needed. And that sounds good, thanks :)

Um, also... my internet is being retarded as of late ^^' I'll try and keep up with posts, if I can; hopefully things will clear up.

bronislav84
07-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Might want to do it now, unless you decide to move around them. Tsuki could be able to get them to let Bron and Kami's characters pass as well, unless, like I said, you're just going to go around.Nah we're going to walk on up instead of going around. We were originally trying to come up with ways to "rescue" you. Remember you wanted to be involved, and this is the easiest way. Besides, Carie is going to receive the message from Kris, and it would be more convenient if we had your chars in company already so we all hear it together. We do need to make a pitstop in Parasanti, though.

BTW Nessa, Kami and I have been looking to talk to you on AIM. Or at least me. His timezone is not as convenient. Where you been? It's not as needed anynore since the endless loop looks resolved, though. Would still be nice to talk to you since our characters will be traveling together as of the next post Kami or I make.

Sight of the Stars
07-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Nah we're going to walk on up instead of going around. We were originally trying to come up with ways to "rescue" you. Remember you wanted to be involved, and this is the easiest way. Besides, Carie is going to receive the message from Kris, and it would be more convenient if we had your chars in company already so we all hear it together. We do need to make a pitstop in Parasanti, though.

BTW Nessa, Kami and I have been looking to talk to you on AIM. Or at least me. His timezone is not as convenient. Where you been? It's not as needed anynore since the endless loop looks resolved, though. Would still be nice to talk to you since our characters will be traveling together as of the next post Kami or I make.

Blah, sorry! I usually only get on AIM by request, but I'll start logging on for you guys! I'll be on right now. :> Kami has my AIM, correct? Hope so. Talk to you on AIM.

k_pop
07-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Hey, Lus, just wondering. That green junk-I mean, barrier around the big guy, does it only stop projectiles or is it anything that tries to get close? Like you can't just walk up to him, can you?

Lusankya
07-07-2011, 03:47 AM
No, and that's why we need Circle Knights. However, it's possible to fool the identification system if you use terrain in unusual ways. It's also useless against fluids like air or water. But obvious threats, like humans, cannonballs, or direct magical attacks, will be blocked.

k_pop
07-07-2011, 03:51 AM
No, and that's why we need Circle Knights. However, it's possible to fool the identification system if you use terrain in unusual ways. It's also useless against fluids like air or water. But obvious threats, like humans, cannonballs, or direct magical attacks, will be blocked.

Kay, that's what I thought. To fool it I guess you mean like using rocks and stuff...or Geodude, to come up under it, eh? And woot air! You just said the magic word! \m/

bronislav84
07-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Lus what about if say, you ram it? A physical attack by a technically non living entity? Unless you count his soul being magically bound to the ship. Hence the technically. Would that prevent you from touching it too?

Lusankya
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
The shield would try and stop it. But of course, it's not all-powerful. A projectile with sufficient momentum can overwhelm the shield. But it'd take something pretty damn big, or pretty damn fast.

Also, I would like to mention that the Executioner has magical self-repairing capabilities. Meaning the only way to defeat it is to trap it. Makes it harder, eh?

But anyways, off the top of my head that's all the Executioner's got, so feel free to go crazy if I don't get a post off.

Grassy_Aggron
07-07-2011, 11:47 PM
The shield would try and stop it. But of course, it's not all-powerful. A projectile with sufficient momentum can overwhelm the shield. But it'd take something pretty damn big, or pretty damn fast.

Also, I would like to mention that the Executioner has magical self-repairing capabilities. Meaning the only way to defeat it is to trap it. Makes it harder, eh?

But anyways, off the top of my head that's all the Executioner's got, so feel free to go crazy if I don't get a post off.

You're just asking for Triple T to launch a suicide attack, aren't you? She's practically useless in terms of fighting due to non working electrical beams and very, VERY dangerously unstable, unrepaired rocket launchers. I mean, she could fire one off, and BOOM it explodes in the barrel....Or launch a few before that happens.

But she is perfectly capable of butchering the shield by ramming it, as her unrivaled speed and semi-large size make her a living projectile. She'd need someone to fortify her defenses, though, or else she will probably wind up shredding her frontal end (AKA head).

As for defeating it...Take out one of the three legs (it will not be able to support itself anymore), and possibly rip out the soul that was bound to it, or incinerate it. That's the only way I can think of to completely destroy it...

ANYWAY, let Triple T finish her delivery...But she'll need Sovereign or someone able to tap into the frequency to summon her. She has no idea what is going on XD

k_pop
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Hehe, inadvertently set myself up for the new tactics with that last Dragonbreath attack in my previous post. Totally works though. ^^

Lusankya
07-08-2011, 01:11 AM
You're just asking for Triple T to launch a suicide attack, aren't you? She's practically useless in terms of fighting due to non working electrical beams and very, VERY dangerously unstable, unrepaired rocket launchers. I mean, she could fire one off, and BOOM it explodes in the barrel....Or launch a few before that happens.

But she is perfectly capable of butchering the shield by ramming it, as her unrivaled speed and semi-large size make her a living projectile. She'd need someone to fortify her defenses, though, or else she will probably wind up shredding her frontal end (AKA head).

As for defeating it...Take out one of the three legs (it will not be able to support itself anymore), and possibly rip out the soul that was bound to it, or incinerate it. That's the only way I can think of to completely destroy it...

ANYWAY, let Triple T finish her delivery...But she'll need Sovereign or someone able to tap into the frequency to summon her. She has no idea what is going on XD

I probably won't be able to pull a post off today, quite tired and leaving for Yellowstone tomorrow. Try using some random NPC Armada ship.

Also, you don't have to ram it if you don't want to :P You could help by bringing over those mages from Venefinia <3

Alaskapidove, your most recent post lacks a header.

Grassy_Aggron
07-08-2011, 01:28 AM
I probably won't be able to pull a post off today, quite tired and leaving for Yellowstone tomorrow. Try using some random NPC Armada ship.

Also, you don't have to ram it if you don't want to :P You could help by bringing over those mages from Venefinia <3

Alaskapidove, your most recent post lacks a header.

Some random ship, huh? Oh Serenit-*Shot*

Er hem. She could though - she IS crazy, after all. Well, let me get my post for my own roleplay down before I move into WAR.

...That sounded a bit odd. MOVE INTO WAR! XD

EDIT: All right, posted <3 Lol. Get the joke on "Doctor Quak Meupp"? Pun on "Quack", like crazy...But also sounds like "crack me up" XD I couldn't resist!

So, I'll have a travelling post, arrival in Venefinia, another travelling post, and arrival in Saffron. URG.

Lusankya
07-11-2011, 02:26 AM
WEEK 2 RESULTS

1. k_pop -- Again, superb RPing. You jumped right into my little plot twist and took charge. *insert compliments here*
2. Grassy_Aggron -- Mostly, I find the unique style of your character refreshing. Insanity is a hard thing to pull off. That and some plot-related things put you in second.
3. WWotS -- Three characters, and one of them's autistic. While I'll have to wait to see how you perform, I think taking on this much is commendable in and of itself; your initial post for Butters seems to have a bit of that character I thought was lacking. Since your writing hasn't decreased in quality from last week, here's a point!

Honorable Mention: Latio-Reol -- You don't know how much I wanted to give you a point for your lore development under Saffron and your new NPC. But... dat grammar, bro. You're not supposed to capitalized after dialogue unless it's a new sentence, for one. Also, I thought your most recent post overdoing the cheesiness just a little bit... this is supposed to be serious, after all xD

Grassy_Aggron
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
All right! Honorable mention last week, second place this week...Let's aim for first! Kris, I love ya but you are going down XD

Lol. I've had a lot of practice with insanity, Lus. Namely, one hedgehog named Skye XD Painfully sane with an insane alter ego...Complex characters are my best. Glad you're enjoying Triple T! She's a lot of fun to write for <3

I found your post amusing, Lus. Sovereign thinks she is unreliable, yet she was merely doing her job - cargo duty - and decided to pick the mages up without being asked XD Man, is he grumpy or what?

Lusankya
07-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Week 3 Results

1. Latio-Reol -- I very much like the way you took initiative in the battle against the Executioner, even if I think you finished it a little too quickly. You seem to have fixed most of your typos too, so congrats!
2. Grassy_Aggron -- Again, your unique writing style takes the cake here. I also appreciate the effort you made in having to go all the way to Venefinia only to turn back immediately.
3. k_pop -- While your quality of writing didn't go down, I simply didn't see you do much this week, merely responding to other people's posts (mostly mine and Latio's). Latio kind of just left everyone in the dust in the Saffron conflict, so I sort of understand.

Honorable Mention: Kamikaze -- Honestly, I'm glad the whole Cullen-Elemental conflict is finally over. The lack of stuff actually happening due to the deadlock that's been here practically since the start of the RP was really keeping people involved from earning points. Now that it's over, you guys can start doing things, and let your RPing skill shine through.

That said, I've received precious little feedback on my judging and would like to get people's opinions on it.

Latio-Nytro
07-18-2011, 02:24 AM
OK, thanks for a (very unexpected) 3 points. However, I'm going to be gone for the next week. Please assume that Avalon and Vyraz are still fighting in the background, and when it's sealed away, just say they left. I hate using my phone to post.

EDIT: One last, very lucky post, then I'll give one post's worth of Bunnying rights to Lusankya to see what I set in motion in my post to the end and send Avalon, Vyraz and both NPC's (Jamal and Blizzard) to Magansanti. I'll do the other two traveling posts once I get back.

k_pop
07-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Heh, yeah this past week was bad for me and WAR, which explains only two posts. Kinda hard to focus on RP (or anything else for that matter) while trying to pay attention to your three year old nephew. =P

Anyway Lus, I don't think you're getting any feedback because no one really has a problem with your decisions. I thought you've been really fair about it, and not because I've been first twice. Still don't think I'm working any harder than anybody else. ^^'

Grassy_Aggron
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow! I'm doing really well for my first WAR RP. Ha ha...I love doing crazy characters. Why be serious when you can be crazy? XD

Although...Well, Latio, I'm a little irked with your roleplaying. You seem to keep taking power, performing feats that really shouldn't be done...And you keep trying to finish the fight within one or two posts. You need to consider that, ultimately, Lus has the say-so, and that everyone needs to work together to take the Executioner down...

Also, "Glass Imprisonment" probably won't work...Because, well, glass isn't the strongest substance out there...And an average strength sealing spell? We're facing something that wipes out armies, and is powered by the Wave. We'll need an extra-strength sealing spell with duct tape!

...Because duct tape solves everything.

Kamikaze
07-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm going on vacation, unfortunately it's just over two weeks of vacation, which means I miss the rest of the WAR.(Coming home the day it ends I think. =/)

I have given bronislav84 and Sight of the Stars(White Wolf of the Snow) permission to have my character attached to their group and bunny it when necessary, should they desire to do so. They are however not forced to stay together with him forever, as long as they don't kill him off. =P

I may have brief internet access now and then while I'm away, but not enough to write my own posts(though I will try to stay in the loop if I do get on. =D)

This message is just to make sure that people don't start complaining about my inactivity, or their potential bunnying. I am away for a reason, and they have my full permission to bunny if they need to.

That's all for now, I'm going to get some sleep before we leave tomorrow,
~Kamikaze

k_pop
07-22-2011, 04:57 AM
A message for Latio when he returns...

Yeah, I don't get what you meant by a "'just in case' measure he took on the corpses of Nether Gods."
How do you have a just in case measure on their corpses? No one knows where they are. =/ (<-me, confused)

Latio-Nytro
07-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm not going to be making full-blown, WAR-worthy posts on a phone ANYTIME soon.

K_pop, I'm assuming that the Lifemaker was a rather public person, and took part in the world's rebuilding first-hand. Avalon saw the Lifemaker cast Glass Imprisonment on the corpse at Mongiru Barro, and heard him explain when someone else asked. However, Avalon forgot that it's only impossible for pure magic and it's strongest sources to escape. Glass Imprisonment will severely slow down the Executioner, and will coat the blades with enough magic-infused glass that the robot won't be able to swing properly. However, the Executioner could still move and is still dangerous. The parts that are currently covered in the Black Wave Goo, however, would be rendered completely immobile by the spell. However, it's not invincible-The Executioner can break free if it's free fists smash it (though the glass is impossible to scratch with magical attacks).

Grassy, the little trance Avalon underwent removed the effects of the healing spell and cursed him to keep his wounds unable to heal by magical means, lest the healer that attempts to heal them should suffer the same injuries. Said injuries currently include his left shoulder being slammed into the wall after he destroyed the Ichor Engine, several burns from being too close to the burning blades one too many times AND being sent flying twice from explosions, as well ads some cuts from shrapnel from the explosions. Aside from being zapped twice by Avalon's electricity and a few burns, Vyraz is mostly fine, and Jamal and Blizzard have played it safe the entire time. Avalon has no focus for injuries while fighting, as he has known for a while that slight distractions are lethal. He' s just ignoring the pain until the Executioner is sealed.

I honestly don't want to type another RP post until I've got a computer to work with, so does this work?

Grassy_Aggron
07-24-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm not going to be making full-blown, WAR-worthy posts on a phone ANYTIME soon.

K_pop, I'm assuming that the Lifemaker was a rather public person, and took part in the world's rebuilding first-hand. Avalon saw the Lifemaker cast Glass Imprisonment on the corpse at Mongiru Barro, and heard him explain when someone else asked. However, Avalon forgot that it's only impossible for pure magic and it's strongest sources to escape. Glass Imprisonment will severely slow down the Executioner, and will coat the blades with enough magic-infused glass that the robot won't be able to swing properly. However, the Executioner could still move and is still dangerous. The parts that are currently covered in the Black Wave Goo, however, would be rendered completely immobile by the spell. However, it's not invincible-The Executioner can break free if it's free fists smash it (though the glass is impossible to scratch with magical attacks).

Grassy, the little trance Avalon underwent removed the effects of the healing spell and cursed him to keep his wounds unable to heal by magical means, lest the healer that attempts to heal them should suffer the same injuries. Said injuries currently include his left shoulder being slammed into the wall after he destroyed the Ichor Engine, several burns from being too close to the burning blades one too many times AND being sent flying twice from explosions, as well ads some cuts from shrapnel from the explosions. Aside from being zapped twice by Avalon's electricity and a few burns, Vyraz is mostly fine, and Jamal and Blizzard have played it safe the entire time. Avalon has no focus for injuries while fighting, as he has known for a while that slight distractions are lethal. He' s just ignoring the pain until the Executioner is sealed.

I honestly don't want to type another RP post until I've got a computer to work with, so does this work?

I'm not going to start a fight, but...

What does the bold lines have to do with what I said? I didn't say anything about Avalon's injuries. I'm saying you're performing giant feats and trying to finish the monster off in one or two posts, and sorta ignore that everyone else is there...Or, you acknowledge them but choose what they're going to do. It's like you are rushing, and frankly, I don't like it because it interferes with everyone else and their own plans by enforcing your "big uber plan".

I'm just asking to slow down the rushing and godly feats, please.

Lusankya
07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Week 4 Results

Lack of activity is sad. Oh well, it's to be expected.

1st: Grassy_Aggron - The exploding missile tube is a very realistic touch considering Armada vessels are supposed to be run-down war machines. It's not something that most RPers would do, which is why you get first.
2nd: k_pop - As the only person who made more than one post this week I feel kind of bad not giving you first. Nonetheless your action in reusing the old binding circle was a nice touch of creativity.
3rd: Latio-Reol - To be honest Latio, the only reason why you're getting this instead of SotS is because of the lack of... stuff happening. You seem to be conjuring a little too much out of thin air for my liking.

MoonKit
07-25-2011, 03:48 AM
I can't download MS word or anything with spell chech such as it, and my only working laptop is in a closet, but this random survival food fell/the shelf broke, so I'll need to wait for my dad to get home until I write anything for WAR, and I honestly have no clue how long he'll be gone.

I hereby give my fellow team members the right to "bunny" Niusha and Shadowfang if they feel that they can do it.

I might be able to post once more, but spelling will be terrible and so will grammar.

bronislav84
07-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey Lus, a question. How's the rule on RPers traveling together and travel posts work? Does each need a travel post or can one do it for the group? It's never come up before for me in any War or Team RPs, so not sure how it would be done. Also Kami can't post for a while, so Nessa and I will be light bunnying him to Saffron for a while. We have permission, yes.

And Latio this has been bugging me. I notice some plot holes with Avalon.

1. If Avalon was born before the Lifemaker died and somehow survived for oh, 800 years, how does he have magic? Magic did not exist until the Lifemaker died.

2. You say he was around for not only the time of the Lifemaker, but also The Fall. How can he have only lived for thirteen years before being frozen? To be around for The Fall he has to have had an extremely slowed aging process or something similar, even before being frozen. Should make him about 200 or 300 years older, even before being frozen.

3. Also if he wasn't a resident of pre-fall Saffron and had never been to it before being stuck in that cryo tube, how did he know so much about the technology there?

I hate to nitpick like this, especially with us being on the same team and not wanting to get you in any trouble, but I just couldn't bear to not ask this. Sorry.

k_pop
07-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Heh, I have to say congrats, Grassy. First WAR RP and you made it to first place. Nice. ^^

Gonna have forgive me if I missed any typos in that last post since it's... *looks at clock* oh wow, 3:30 in the morning. That hasn't happened in a bit. Got caught up in this one since I've been thinking about it, I guess. ^^' Poor Portia, never heard of a computer. Oh well. XD

Latio-Nytro
07-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey Lus, a question. How's the rule on RPers traveling together and travel posts work? Does each need a travel post or can one do it for the group? It's never come up before for me in any War or Team RPs, so not sure how it would be done. Also Kami can't post for a while, so Nessa and I will be light bunnying him to Saffron for a while. We have permission, yes.

And Latio this has been bugging me. I notice some plot holes with Avalon.

1. If Avalon was born before the Lifemaker died and somehow survived for oh, 800 years, how does he have magic? Magic did not exist until the Lifemaker died.

2. You say he was around for not only the time of the Lifemaker, but also The Fall. How can he have only lived for thirteen years before being frozen? To be around for The Fall he has to have had an extremely slowed aging process or something similar, even before being frozen. Should make him about 200 or 300 years older, even before being frozen.

3. Also if he wasn't a resident of pre-fall Saffron and had never been to it before being stuck in that cryo tube, how did he know so much about the technology there?

I hate to nitpick like this, especially with us being on the same team and not wanting to get you in any trouble, but I just couldn't bear to not ask this. Sorry.

OK, problem one is simple: when the Lifemaker died, His magic spread everywhere, according to Lusankya. Avalon obtained it during cyrogenic storage.

Problem two is where that you probably have something wrong. From my point of view, you're probably thinking that it took hundreds of years to kill the Nether Gods and rebuild. However, from my perspective, it might took the Lifemaker months to kill and a few years to rebuild. The Lifemaker also took some part in rebuilding and creating the technologies of his era directly, so it took much shorter than what it would take without him. That being said, the Lifemaker did invent such a slow-aging serum during his time, but Avalon lived with it for barely a month.

Three is simple: Avalon studied up on pre-fall technology. It's NOT hard to study. Some of it still existed through the Lifemaker's time, too, so that made it even easier.

bronislav84
07-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Well 1 and 3 make sense, but I would like a word from Lus on how much time passed between each of the three named eras. His plot, so he should have final say. I'm assuming around 300 years between The War and the present, and around 500 between The Fall and the present (Just based on there being a layer of Saffron for each era), so until Lus gives us his timing as the GM that's what I'm going with. My character has also been up for five years, and that probably doesn't need to change either way.

And man did you have to give that self repair ability to Jamal? Dang, was hoping to "accidentally" get that. Would be much more useful to my character. Guess I'll make up something myself later that is similar.

Latio-Nytro
07-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Well 1 and 3 make sense, but I would like a word from Lus on how much time passed between each of the three named eras. His plot, so he should have final say. I'm assuming around 300 years between The War and the present, and around 500 between The Fall and the present (Just based on there being a layer of Saffron for each era), so until Lus gives us his timing as the GM that's what I'm going with. My character has also been up for five years, and that probably doesn't need to change either way.

And man did you have to give that self repair ability to Jamal? Dang, was hoping to "accidentally" get that. Would be much more useful to my character. Guess I'll make up something myself later that is similar.

Either that, OR the Lifemaker's seige on the heavens was enough to change continents. That is unmistakably correct, and Saffron's existance only proves that there was a Kanto Region once, but no longer. Whether or not it allowed Saffron to be buried under a thick rock layer is also Lusankya's choice, though.

And I did intend for Jamal to get the regeneration ability because I knew he'd hate every last bit of it. He hates Magic more than some Circle Knights, he hates Mages even more (and he thinks it makes him look like a Mage to regenerate like that), he hates Avalon even further (If Avalon didn't remove the Regeneration Ability, he wouldn't have had it to begin with), he'd have to get it removed from Avalon (who Jamal would much rather kill), Vyraz's interferance wasn't something that Jamal took lightly, and that would forcibly break Vyraz and Avalon off: Avalon and Blizzard would go to Fort Aer and subsequently to Lamentur Vail, while Vyraz and Jamal go to Magansanti.

MoonKit
07-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I can't download MS word or anything with spell chech such as it, and my only working laptop is in a closet, but this random survival food fell/the shelf broke, so I'll need to wait for my dad to get home until I write anything for WAR, and I honestly have no clue how long he'll be gone.

I hereby give my fellow team members the right to "bunny" Niusha and Shadowfang if they feel that they can do it.

I might be able to post once more, but spelling will be terrible and so will grammar.

Scratch that. I found my old computor keyboard that I don't need to plug into the computor. Spelling may be bad, but at least I will be able to participate C8

Lusankya
07-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Timeline:

First Signs of the Nether Invasion: ~1500 BW (Before Wave)
Fall of Heaven: ~1250-1260 BW
The Rebirth of the World: ~1260-1310 BW
The World War: 168-72 BW
The Siege of Morrigu Barro: 72-0 BW
The Second Siege of Morrigu Barro: 123 AW
Present Day: 629 AW

Also, I must request that nobody do anything about the Executioner after it's sealed. You are free to RP up to the point of the Executioner's sealing, but I have plot details for the thing.

Grassy_Aggron
07-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Heh, I have to say congrats, Grassy. First WAR RP and you made it to first place. Nice. ^^

Gonna have forgive me if I missed any typos in that last post since it's... *looks at clock* oh wow, 3:30 in the morning. That hasn't happened in a bit. Got caught up in this one since I've been thinking about it, I guess. ^^' Poor Portia, never heard of a computer. Oh well. XD

Thanks! I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it...Considering my internet was down yesterday, I couldn't check until today.

Fair warning; I am pretty brutal to my own characters. Now Triple T has no way to attack people other than ramming...And with Delani out cold, that'll be risky. Lud better move his dancing butt to help XD

Yeah, I noticed. I love Bizzy XD So cute! And I'm arachnophobic, which is even better XP

I find it ironic that I was criticizing you, Latio, and yet you saved my character's life. Ha ha XD Guess she owes you one. Erhem...RAMMING POWERS ACTIVATE!

...Seriously. Getting hit at her speeds is going to HURT.

bronislav84
07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Either that, OR the Lifemaker's seige on the heavens was enough to change continents. That is unmistakably correct, and Saffron's existance only proves that there was a Kanto Region once, but no longer. Whether or not it allowed Saffron to be buried under a thick rock layer is also Lusankya's choice, though.

And I did intend for Jamal to get the regeneration ability because I knew he'd hate every last bit of it. He hates Magic more than some Circle Knights, he hates Mages even more (and he thinks it makes him look like a Mage to regenerate like that), he hates Avalon even further (If Avalon didn't remove the Regeneration Ability, he wouldn't have had it to begin with), he'd have to get it removed from Avalon (who Jamal would much rather kill), Vyraz's interferance wasn't something that Jamal took lightly, and that would forcibly break Vyraz and Avalon off: Avalon and Blizzard would go to Fort Aer and subsequently to Lamentur Vail, while Vyraz and Jamal go to Magansanti.Well of course you intended Jamal to get it. The point I was trying to make is the ability would be far more useful to a mechanical life form like an Armada ship or my character. Not that we want Lus or Grassy to have it (Mickey seems to have dropped out), but it was probably better off left in the air for my character to pick up later.Timeline:

First Signs of the Nether Invasion: ~1500 BW (Before Wave)
Fall of Heaven: ~1250-1260 BW
The Rebirth of the World: ~1260-1310 BW
The World War: 168-72 BW
The Siege of Morrigu Barro: 72-0 BW
The Second Siege of Morrigu Barro: 123 AW
Present Day: 629 AW

Also, I must request that nobody do anything about the Executioner after it's sealed. You are free to RP up to the point of the Executioner's sealing, but I have plot details for the thing.Thanks for the info Lus. I have some slight fixing up to do on when some of the events I need to occur occurred, and probably going to need to have the magic researchers to have had kids once amoung themselves. This does put a pretty big dent in Latio's point of view of the timeline, though.

But what about my question above about travel posts with multiple players traveling together between major towns? Does each need to make one or just one person doing it for the group is enough?

Lusankya
07-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Well of course you intended Jamal to get it. The point I was trying to make is the ability would be far more useful to a mechanical life form like an Armada ship or my character. Not that we want Lus or Grassy to have it (Mickey seems to have dropped out), but it was probably better off left in the air for my character to pick up later.Thanks for the info Lus. I have some slight fixing up to do on when some of the events I need to occur occurred, and probably going to need to have the magic researchers to have had kids once amount themselves. This does put a pretty big dent in Latio's point of view of the timeline, though.

But what about my question above about travel posts with multiple players traveling together between major towns? Does each need to make one or just one person doing it for the group is enough?

Everyone must make their own individual travel posts. In the case that an RPer is unable to post, however, they may be bunnied (with permission obviously) into traveling through another person's post.

bronislav84
07-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Oy vey. Thanks for confirming.

Sight of the Stars
07-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Everyone must make their own individual travel posts. In the case that an RPer is unable to post, however, they may be bunnied (with permission obviously) into traveling through another person's post.

I hate to jump into this, but I don't get the point? It's not like they are taking different routes. If you're traveling individually, you should make your own posts, yes, but if you're traveling in a group, it should be shared. Sure, it makes it easier to get from place to place, but isn't that how it is? It's easier to travel with others because you can share resources and such? And yes, that can be taken advantage of by traveling in groups of 3+, but as long as everyone posts, I don't see the problem with sharing the posts. I mean, RPs *are* a group effort, and having everyone make their own travel posts is just a bit of a waste of time, especially with WAR coming to a close and the recent activity slump. But that's why I was wondering why we have to make our own individual posts...

bronislav84
07-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Just had a thought. Not that people do that much, but I believe a group traveling on foot between major cities shouldn't be subject to each making a travel post since everybody can see everybody else within arm's length usually. It's redundant since people would all be making the same post almost. The same is true for flying too, but I'm fine with it if you insist. Though one person should make the on foot travel post and not have it counted as bunnying because if they're traveling together at all, you assume that people are going to the same destination, so it's not bunnying but helping each other.

Lusankya
07-26-2011, 02:09 AM
I hate to jump into this, but I don't get the point? It's not like they are taking different routes. If you're traveling individually, you should make your own posts, yes, but if you're traveling in a group, it should be shared. Sure, it makes it easier to get from place to place, but isn't that how it is? It's easier to travel with others because you can share resources and such? And yes, that can be taken advantage of by traveling in groups of 3+, but as long as everyone posts, I don't see the problem with sharing the posts. I mean, RPs *are* a group effort, and having everyone make their own travel posts is just a bit of a waste of time, especially with WAR coming to a close and the recent activity slump. But that's why I was wondering why we have to make our own individual posts...

It's easily abused. The whole point of travel posts is realistic response time. If someone launches an attack somewhere and you're on the other side of the world, you shouldn't be able to just be there instantly. Having everyone make individual posts means an attacking RPer will have more time before a whole swarm descends upon them. That said, I understand that this hardly matters in the current situation and am willing to make an exception seeing as how WAR is almost over anyways.

Sight of the Stars
07-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Alright, thank you. If it makes you feel any better, we're probably going to partially ignore the Executioner, simply because it seems he's being handled well enough. ;D But chances are that we'll have missed the whole thing entirely by the time we get there. :P

Lusankya
07-26-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm hoping to get my post in tomorrow morning that will wrap the whole thing up. RP Event 2 will probably never happen as I'm anticipating swift RP death at the end of this week.

bronislav84
07-26-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm staying for the unofficial after-War period. I'm sure most of us on Cullen would stay too. Nobody said a RP has to just suddenly end. But if too many quit cause they only cared about points, I am definitely fic-ing it. Whoever wants to be in the fic let me know. If there's like 3 people left in the RP after the point period ends, it might be better to just fic it together. We can all decide later, depending on events. Also if you don't want a fanfic finishing up what's left to do for people who had stuff to do, I'd feel sad.

Sight of the Stars
07-26-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm staying for the unofficial after-War period. I'm sure most of us on Cullen would stay too. Nobody said a RP has to just suddenly end. But if too many quit cause they only cared about points, I am definitely fic-ing it. If you wanna be in the fic let me know. Also if you don't want a fanfic finishing up what's left to do for people who had stuff to do, I'd feel sad.

I second this post.

Lusankya
07-26-2011, 01:58 PM
For future notice, Latio, the Dead Gods should not be able to make coherent sentences. They are, after all, dead. And I mean that quite literally as in their consciousnesses no longer exist. However I already have an explanation for why Avalon keeps hearing them talk, so don't worry. Second, not all of the Dead Gods take the form of corpses. So just keep that in mind as well.

Grassy_Aggron
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM
For future notice, Latio, the Dead Gods should not be able to make coherent sentences. They are, after all, dead. And I mean that quite literally as in their consciousnesses no longer exist. However I already have an explanation for why Avalon keeps hearing them talk, so don't worry. Second, not all of the Dead Gods take the form of corpses. So just keep that in mind as well.

Yeah. I'm quite sure I saw one as a headless chicken once.

Alas, it did not run around like one...

(And yes, I intend to stay in the roleplay. Triple T is fun! Also Lus, Delani was supposed to be with Triple T...But don't worry, I made an excuse, so you don't have to change anything XD)

Lusankya
07-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah. I'm quite sure I saw one as a headless chicken once.

Alas, it did not run around like one...

(And yes, I intend to stay in the roleplay. Triple T is fun! Also Lus, Delani was supposed to be with Triple T...But don't worry, I made an excuse, so you don't have to change anything XD)

Oh. Well I did say he was supposed to be performing the spell even before that -.-

Grassy_Aggron
07-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh. Well I did say he was supposed to be performing the spell even before that -.-

But you didn't move him to the spot or anything...Oi. I'm so confused now DX *Head kerplodes*

Sight of the Stars
07-27-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm staying for the unofficial after-War period. I'm sure most of us on Cullen would stay too. Nobody said a RP has to just suddenly end. But if too many quit cause they only cared about points, I am definitely fic-ing it. Whoever wants to be in the fic let me know. If there's like 3 people left in the RP after the point period ends, it might be better to just fic it together. We can all decide later, depending on events. Also if you don't want a fanfic finishing up what's left to do for people who had stuff to do, I'd feel sad.

Er, Lusy? :3 -point-

Lusankya
07-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Er, Lusy? :3 -point-

I responded to that in the Cullen thread. I'm fully supportive of the idea if the RP dies. There's a lot more backstory and plot reveals I haven't told anyone yet, even if there's enough clues in the RP already to figure at least one of them out. As for the after-WAR period, of course I'm going to keep the RP running as long as possible.

k_pop
07-27-2011, 01:12 AM
The Circle Knights want to take the Executioner? *facepalm* I dunno whether to get in her face and complain, or just think of an alternative. xP

Grassy_Aggron
07-27-2011, 01:14 AM
The Circle Knights want to take the Executioner? *facepalm* I dunno whether to get in her face and complain, or just think of an alternative. xP

Triple T is already complaining about it to Sovereign. She actually had a good idea 0o' That's a true scary thought.

Forget the Wave - an insane character had a totally rational thought! HIT THE DECK! *Jumps into nearby lake*

{Tee hee, and people call me crazy~}

(I'm sorry. I couldn't resist XD)

Lusankya
07-27-2011, 02:04 AM

She isn't going to listen to anything a mage has to say xP

Grassy_Aggron
07-27-2011, 02:25 AM

Cat fight! :D Lol.

How are they planning on getting the Executioner back? It's nearly as big as Sovereign...I doubt they could drag it if they tried XD

k_pop
07-27-2011, 02:26 AM

Yeah, I figure. Doesn't mean I can't launch a complaint. XD

Lusankya
07-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Cat fight! :D Lol.

How are they planning on getting the Executioner back? It's nearly as big as Sovereign...I doubt they could drag it if they tried XD

Magic and creativity. Itum is the City of Progress, after all.

Grassy_Aggron
07-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Magic and creativity. Itum is the City of Progress, after all.

Triple T doesn't exactly trust the Circle Knights with something as big and dangerous as an Executioner. Given, it isn't affected by Wave anymore, but...

Well, people screw things up XD

bronislav84
07-28-2011, 02:28 AM
What about somebody who isn't a mage? And isn't a human for that matter, either. For all intents and proposes my character is not a mage, but has a form of magic.

She's really closer to the Armada ships than humans. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if she visited Fort Aer? Are they able to detect other artificial life forms? I'll put it on my to-do list after the current story I have been working on.

Lusankya
07-28-2011, 02:52 AM
What about somebody who isn't a mage? And isn't a human for that matter, either. For all intents and proposes my character is not a mage, but has a form of magic.

She's really closer to the Armada ships than humans. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if she visited Fort Aer? Are they able to detect other artificial life forms? I'll put it on my to-do list after the current story I have been working on.

The Architects would undoubtedly notice eventually.

k_pop
07-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Hey, I've been wanting to ask this for some time now and keep forgetting. Is there anything particular we should know about the Iron Mountains, Fort Iron or the Zarun Mountains? Cause there wasn't anything said about those areas in the description of Aria.

Lusankya
07-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey, I've been wanting to ask this for some time now and keep forgetting. Is there anything particular we should know about the Iron Mountains, Fort Iron or the Zarun Mountains? Cause there wasn't anything said about those areas in the description of Aria.

Fort Iron is a large castle built before the Black Wave. It defends the only large passage through the Iron Mountains and is held by Saffron forces. For a long time, it has been the only thing keeping Saffron safe from Magnasanti. The Iron Mountains are so-named because of large quantities of metals, especially iron, located in them. These resources are mainly mined by people from Itum, although there has yet to be discovered truly effective way of harvesting them. The mountains are sufficiently tall to have developed glaciers, but are still rather rounded and bear the marks of weathering.

The Zarun Mountains is Aria's largest mountain range and extends southward beyond the edges of Aria. The range, and the entire Zarun region, was formed out of the cataclysms of the Fall of Heaven. The steep foothills of the mountains and the thick forests make passing an army through impossible, while the cliffs that buffer Venefinia from the sea rule out the possibility of an amphibious invasion. Thus the only way to Venefinia, other than flight, is through the single road that is guarded by Magnicar Castle, a very large, magically-enchanted fortress that is second only the Tower of Rage in its power.

k_pop
07-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Good stuffs to be knowing. Thanks. ^^

Grassy_Aggron
07-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Fort Iron is a large castle built before the Black Wave. It defends the only large passage through the Iron Mountains and is held by Saffron forces. For a long time, it has been the only thing keeping Saffron safe from Magnasanti. The Iron Mountains are so-named because of large quantities of metals, especially iron, located in them. These resources are mainly mined by people from Itum, although there has yet to be discovered truly effective way of harvesting them. The mountains are sufficiently tall to have developed glaciers, but are still rather rounded and bear the marks of weathering.

The Zarun Mountains is Aria's largest mountain range and extends southward beyond the edges of Aria. The range, and the entire Zarun region, was formed out of the cataclysms of the Fall of Heaven. The steep foothills of the mountains and the thick forests make passing an army through impossible, while the cliffs that buffer Venefinia from the sea rule out the possibility of an amphibious invasion. Thus the only way to Venefinia, other than flight, is through the single road that is guarded by Magnicar Castle, a very large, magically-enchanted fortress that is second only the Tower of Rage in its power.

Is it less human and crazy, too? :D Or is it the type of tower than throws down a giant stone staff and states, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" ?

Lusankya
07-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Is it less human and crazy, too? :D Or is it the type of tower than throws down a giant stone staff and states, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" ?

It's just a castle that has enchantments in the walls to make them strong. Granted, it's a really big castle, but it needs people inside it all the same.

k_pop
07-29-2011, 03:41 AM
Heh, I think you might have disappointed Grassy there.

Hey, Latio, why would the Cullen have a grudge against the Magnan Guard?

Latio-Nytro
07-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Heh, I think you might have disappointed Grassy there.

Hey, Latio, why would the Cullen have a grudge against the Magnan Guard?

The Magnan guard are known well for killing a convict for any offense except the most minor one possible. Though some may be reasoned, there are other cases in which I would guess such good people as the Cullen just can't say is justifiable in the slightest. While Sabi isn't exactly RPing, her SU also states that her character-a Beta-has a grudge against the Magnan Guard.

Grassy_Aggron
07-30-2011, 12:55 AM
It's just a castle that has enchantments in the walls to make them strong. Granted, it's a really big castle, but it needs people inside it all the same.

Drats.

Well Lus, I'm sorta waiting for some sort of acknowledgement post for Triple T's question to Sovereign before I'll post. Namely, so whatever response I get I can bend to make her sad >:D *Insert evil laugh here*

Lusankya
07-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Drats.

Well Lus, I'm sorta waiting for some sort of acknowledgement post for Triple T's question to Sovereign before I'll post. Namely, so whatever response I get I can bend to make her sad >:D *Insert evil laugh here*

Oh, well, I'll try and post tomorrow morning then. Might not be a good idea to wait on me too much in the future though.

bronislav84
07-30-2011, 01:44 AM
If you're still in Saffron when we arrive, I'm probably going to have my character take a crack at "healing" metal, and see if she can repair the damage your character sustained to half of her "head" portion, Grassy. Don't expect to get your weapons working, though.

Also going to need something big to sacrifice for this to work. Her matter/energy conversion ability requires something to to use for the healing process, which is how I balanced it so it isn't as overpowered as making something from nothing. It isn't really designed to be used to heal non living things, though, so if Lus as GM thinks it's too far of a stretch then nevermind.

Currently waiting on Nessa though. Dunno if she's gonna wanna travel us there or just react, but we shall see.

Grassy_Aggron
07-30-2011, 02:15 AM
I know Lus, but Triple T had issues to talk to Sovereign-Sama about XD

If you're still in Saffron when we arrive, I'm probably going to have my character take a crack at "healing" metal, and see if she can repair the damage your character sustained to half of her "head" portion, Grassy. Don't expect to get your weapons working, though.

Also going to need something big to sacrifice for this to work. Her matter/energy conversion ability requires something to to use for the healing process, which is how I balanced it so it isn't as overpowered as making something from nothing. It isn't really designed to be used to heal non living things, though, so if Lus as GM thinks it's too far of a stretch then nevermind.

Currently waiting on Nessa though. Dunno if she's gonna wanna travel us there or just react, but we shall see.

Her weapons are long gone. They blew up - there isn't anything left to repair XD If she could get her "Thunder Beams" working, great. But she needs a technician to look at them, ("Oh, I see thar. That doohickey was turned into thingumabob...Really purdy work, actually." {Wut?} ) so they aren't likely to work for a bit.

Maybe a little of ichor could actually self repair it. She already hears the call from diving headlong into the Wave so often during that war XD

Good thing the call fits in with all the other voices in her head. She doesn't pay much attention to it XD

bronislav84
07-30-2011, 02:47 AM
All I'm going to say is to please read my character's Other section very carefully. I believe it should be within her power to make you whatever "body parts" you need. You'd just need to explain what it is that needs to be made, and where it has to go. Also provide enough matter to convert into other matter, but with so much rubble around the city I doubt anybody would mind her using some of it. It would be just like healing a human, except making new metal instead of regrowing new skin/bones/flesh or speeding up the body's ability to heal itself with Life energy infusion to heal quicker than normal. The only difference is she's familiar with human biology. Magically animated flying trains, not so much.

Grassy_Aggron
07-30-2011, 02:58 AM
All I'm going to say is to please read my character's Other section very carefully. I believe it should be within her power to make you whatever "body parts" you need. You'd just need to explain what it is that needs to be made, and where it has to go. Also provide enough matter to convert into other matter, but with so much rubble around the city I doubt anybody would mind her using some of it. It would be just like healing a human, except making new metal instead of regrowing new skin/bones/flesh or speeding up the body's ability to heal itself with Life energy infusion to heal quicker than normal. The only difference is she's familiar with human biology. Magically animated flying trains, not so much.

I haven't read anyone's bio except Sovereign XD

Honestly, I have no idea what is wrong with her primary weapon. I've yet to actually think that far ahead @.@'

k_pop
07-30-2011, 04:32 AM
The Magnan guard are known well for killing a convict for any offense except the most minor one possible. Though some may be reasoned, there are other cases in which I would guess such good people as the Cullen just can't say is justifiable in the slightest. While Sabi isn't exactly RPing, her SU also states that her character-a Beta-has a grudge against the Magnan Guard.

Hmm...I suppose. They may run a harsh city-state, but I don't know if that harbors a grudge. If that were true, Portia would not be happy to hear that you were doing business with the Magnan king. =P

And the grudge Sabi's character has, I think, came from being forced to train under them. ^^'

bronislav84
07-30-2011, 05:09 AM
I haven't read anyone's bio except Sovereign XD

Honestly, I have no idea what is wrong with her primary weapon. I've yet to actually think that far ahead @.@'
Go ahead, have a look. :)

Kamikaze
07-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Yay, I've managed to post in the RP, while still on vacation. =P Dunno when I can continue though, so it may not be the best move to interact with me(save for replying to what I have said without expecting an answer.)

I do have a minor question though. Is there a set of ranks for the circle knights? Or are they just made up as we go along. I've noticed Knight-General and Captain being used, and I assume General is the higher of the two. Planning to have a small encounter with a knight in the future, and just wanted to know if the ranks are already decided on.

Also, on the note of continuing the RP after the WAR. I will stay here for as long as the RP is active, and if it would turn into a fanfic I would help out with that as well. I've got a whole lot of things I'd like to include, and I'm eager to read more about several of the other characters as well, not to mention the backstory of the RP in general.

Well, I've got to sign off, though I'll try to get online briefly later tonight or tomorrow.

Lusankya
07-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Yay, I've managed to post in the RP, while still on vacation. =P Dunno when I can continue though, so it may not be the best move to interact with me(save for replying to what I have said without expecting an answer.)

I do have a minor question though. Is there a set of ranks for the circle knights? Or are they just made up as we go along. I've noticed Knight-General and Captain being used, and I assume General is the higher of the two. Planning to have a small encounter with a knight in the future, and just wanted to know if the ranks are already decided on.

Also, on the note of continuing the RP after the WAR. I will stay here for as long as the RP is active, and if it would turn into a fanfic I would help out with that as well. I've got a whole lot of things I'd like to include, and I'm eager to read more about several of the other characters as well, not to mention the backstory of the RP in general.

Well, I've got to sign off, though I'll try to get online briefly later tonight or tomorrow.

They do it military-style. So there's Lieutenant and Sergeant and stuff.

Kamikaze
07-30-2011, 02:55 PM
They do it military-style. So there's Lieutenant and Sergeant and stuff.

Now I could be cheeky and ask which military, as there are differences in almost all of them, but instaed I decided to look up the actual ranks(that are the most common). =P

Something along these lines? From highest to lowest rank.(Since I looked it up, I might as well post a suggestion of how it works, and if you agree it's good for future reference. =P)
(Field) Marshal - Head of the Knights if there is one?
General - The ones who take care of all the important business, such as the retrieval of the executioner.
Colonel - The ones who deal with all the day to day stuff. Logistics, read through scouting reports etc. "Administrative Officer"
Captain - Leads the Knights in battle. "Field Officer"
Lieutenant - Lowest Officer rank.
Sergeant - Highest non-Officer rank. Leads small scouting parties, or the like.(Basically, jobs that requires knights but not necessarily Officers as there is only a small group.)
Corporal - No Officer, but higher rank than Knights.
Knight - No rank, the ones who do the dirty work, and the dieing when necessary.

Ranks may or may not be prefixed with 'Knight-'. Both ways have been used so far.

Just a suggestion(and yes, I did skip a couple of ranks =P), I'll be using this as a guide to the ranks unless you disgree, and now I've got to log off again, dinner time. =/

Lusankya
07-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Now I could be cheeky and ask which military, as there are differences in almost all of them, but instaed I decided to look up the actual ranks(that are the most common). =P

Something along these lines? From highest to lowest rank.(Since I looked it up, I might as well post a suggestion of how it works, and if you agree it's good for future reference. =P)
(Field) Marshal - Head of the Knights if there is one?
General - The ones who take care of all the important business, such as the retrieval of the executioner.
Colonel - The ones who deal with all the day to day stuff. Logistics, read through scouting reports etc. "Administrative Officer"
Captain - Leads the Knights in battle. "Field Officer"
Lieutenant - Lowest Officer rank.
Sergeant - Highest non-Officer rank. Leads small scouting parties, or the like.(Basically, jobs that requires knights but not necessarily Officers as there is only a small group.)
Corporal - No Officer, but higher rank than Knights.
Knight - No rank, the ones who do the dirty work, and the dieing when necessary.

Ranks may or may not be prefixed with 'Knight-'. Both ways have been used so far.

Just a suggestion(and yes, I did skip a couple of ranks =P), I'll be using this as a guide to the ranks unless you disgree, and now I've got to log off again, dinner time. =/

Colonel and General use the Knight prefix. The head of the Order is called something else entirely that I haven't decided on yet.

k_pop
07-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Colonel and General use the Knight prefix. The head of the Order is called something else entirely that I haven't decided on yet.

Knight-Regent? *shrugs* Just kinda came to mind.

bronislav84
07-30-2011, 11:28 PM
That sounds more like a diplomat than a leader of an organization. How about Admiral or, I dunno, Prime Minister like the UK? Oh I know Major General. Although in some lists that's actually a rank below General.

Lusankya
07-31-2011, 02:48 AM
Latio, there shouldn't be any Pokeballs in Fort Aer. That technology was never recreated after the Fall. Really there should be no cryogenic storage rooms in Fort Aer either, but I'm willing to let that go on the basis of it being magical. Remember, Lifemaker-era tech is magicpunk, aka steampunk powered by magic instead of steam. Pokeballs and the like are out of the question. I've been letting a lot of your iffy timeline issues go so far, but I'm already flat-out stated that outside of pre-Fall ruins or reinvention, there are no Pokeballs.

bronislav84
07-31-2011, 03:54 AM
And the PC storage that goes with it? I assume that's out along with the Pokeballs? Kinda figured that was too much of a stretch. I'm sure the only reason you're letting him go for Avalon being around that long is cause you approved it before the official timeline was up. And he did get one real pre-fall Pokeball in pre-fall Saffron.

Good try though, Latio. Figured Fort Aer wasn't old enough to have technology from those days but was wondering what you would say, Lus. Latio if you're interested in real pre-fall technology like the stuff you sold before, you are welcome to come with us when we arrive in Saffron finally.

Grassy_Aggron
07-31-2011, 04:31 AM
I'll get a post in soon. Five hour power outage that started at about 7:20 over here made me miss the writing deadline.

...On the other hand, I was able to work on my story that isn't related to WAR. Woot! Go Shadow! :D

...Erhem. Back on topic...Soo...Yeah. I'll get one up tonight :D

EDIT: Up! With a bonus reference for all you gamer nerds! :D I gave you a pretty good hint, too... >:D

Lusankya
07-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Week 5 Results

1st - k_pop: Back in first place for the third time, with the overall best prose of the RP and no real weaknesses in writing. Publish a novel or something.
2nd - Grassy_Aggron: I've finally identified what makes your writing so interesting, and it's how you convey mood. The atmosphere and mood of your posts are very powerful.
3rd - Latio-Reol: Your writing is still pretty good, but your humor is honestly starting to get a little strained. "Trying too hard" is the feeling I'm getting. What made your early posts stand out was the cheesiness yet seriousness of your descriptions that made your character seem like an overdramatic hero wannabe, and it was subtle enough that I wasn't sure if the cheesiness was intentional.

Honorable Mention - bronislav: The quality of your posts has improved a lot since the start of the RP. Honestly, it was a toss-up between you or Latio, but Latio posted a lot more.

bronislav84
07-31-2011, 03:09 PM
No points for honorable mention, but I'll take it. He does post more. Thanks Lus. Really the reason I seem to have improved is cause I'm starting to get where I was going since the beginning. Sure I gave you lore and you said you like lore, but I just don't post often enough to compete with the others pretty much. It was getting exciting and there was just more to write about. I'm not really that good with outdoors or descriptions of large open spaces in general. Too many variables to take into account. Oh, and we didn't make it for the Executioner.

Shame that the real cool stuff won't happen until the post-official period, but I hope you like it just the same, or more even. And hopefully comment. I like comments. Comments motivate me. :biggrin:

Nessa seems to be having either writer's block or stuff to do IRL. I do hope she posts soon for the travel to Saffron. I was interested in how Butters would act after that, too.

Kamikaze
07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Darn...I get a post done after the last points have already been distributed. =/ It doesn't matter though. The post I did today looked so much better on paper, while I wrote it, but it's hard to see that six pages of handwritten text turned into that post...I'm utterly disappointed at the moment. =/

Well, either way, I've got more in the works, and spectacular it will be if I manage to put what I have in my head in words(somehow, the RP posts look so much better in my imagination before I write it down, no matter how much time I spend on writing it. =(

Well, I like what has happened in this RP so far, and hopefully everyone will remain active(that is, those who are active now at least.) I haven't checked the exact numbers, but there seems to be a whole lot of accepted SUs that never even posted(a shame too, since I read all the SUs. =P), and a couple who have posted once or twice and not continued...

Well, I'm off to bed soon(might work a little on my next post first though), as I'm getting up early tomorrow. Vacation with my dad almost over, and then it's a week away with my mom and maybe my brother. *sigh* I think I'm going to need a vacation when all this "quality-time with family" is over. =P

Grassy_Aggron
07-31-2011, 11:18 PM
2nd - Grassy_Aggron: I've finally identified what makes your writing so interesting, and it's how you convey mood. The atmosphere and mood of your posts are very powerful.

Thanks :D Emotion and description have always been my strong point. It's dialogue that I have problems with. That's why I have my stories - by writing, I get better and better.

Also, thanks to my character Skye who, while not officially debuted, gave me the practice of insanity XP Of course, he's just as fun...But more lethal. Like, "make you bleed because it's pretty" lethal.

Ha ha. They're so much fun XP

Anyone guessed the song she's singing, though?

Hint 1: Cake

Latio-Nytro
08-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Anyone guessed the song she's singing, though?

Portal's ending theme, 'Still alive.' I've played the game. And promptly won.

Grassy_Aggron
08-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Portal's ending theme, 'Still alive.' I've played the game. And promptly won.

Congratulations! I'd give you cake, but it was a lie.

Instead, here are cookies. *Plate of chocolate chip cookies* :D

Lusankya
08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Latio, on Lamentur Vail, approaching the city without a proper IFF system will cause you to be destroyed mercilessly by the city's automated defenses. And, as I have also stated previously, navigation inside the Ending World is not possible without the systems of ships that were equipped to navigate it, tech that was developed after the Wave. Flash will not help you navigate because there is nothing to see; there are no landmarks, nor sun nor stars with which to judge your location, and the aura of the area makes trying to "feel" your way to your location impossible. The possibility also exists, albeit unconfirmed, that the Ending World does not even possess a traditional space-time geometry, and no one knows for sure that Lamentur Vail even stays in one place. However, if you would really like to go to Lamentur Vail, you may stick around Fort Aer for a little while because a certain someone is taking a trip there soon.

bronislav84
08-02-2011, 03:00 AM
And another thing to add. Cryo facilities in Parasanti? Latio in addition to reading your PMs, there can't be any there because the city is unlikely to be old enough, and also because it doesn't have the magicpunk to support such a thing. It's a nature city, not highly magical nor highly technological.

Something like ancient cryo facilities and a lab to go with them doesn't fit with the city theme. About the most magical place in the city is Carie's house, which doesn't look all that special from the outside. We probably should have described it's outside, but we were in a rush. Basically, with the exception of not having windows, it looks like all the other houses and is only one story. I make no promises about rumors of a basement, though.

Lusankya
08-02-2011, 03:25 AM
And another thing to add. Cryo facilities in Parasanti? Latio in addition to reading your PMs, there can't be any there because the city is unlikely to be old enough, and also because it doesn't have the magicpunk to support such a thing. It's a nature city, not highly magical nor highly technological.

Something like ancient cryo facilities and a lab to go with them doesn't fit with the city theme. About the most magical place in the city is Carie's house, which doesn't look all that special from the outside. We probably should have described it's outside, but we were in a rush. Basically, with the exception of not having windows, it looks like all the other houses and is only one story. I make no promises about rumors of a basement, though.

^This as well. Parasanti was founded after the Wave, along with Venefinia. Although I did not explicitly state this in the SU thread, the kind of government system Parasanti possesses as an antithesis to Magnasanti would only have been possible had Parasanti been independent from the start, rather than as part of a larger empire.

I think I'll clear up the order of the city foundings now while I'm at it:

Saffron: >1500 BW
Lamentur Vail: 1310 BW
Fort Aer: 1310 BW
Magnasanti: 986 BW
Mongiru Barro: 903 BW
Mancia: 642 BW
Itum: 340 BW
Parasanti: 198 AW
Venefinia: 329 AW

bronislav84
08-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Hmm, guess I'm gonna have to retroactively say Renita is originally from Itum when she was still human and all references to Parasanti in her history should point to Itum as well. The mages would still choose the seclusion of the Zarun Mountains for their magic research lab, and would be in a position to have Chiron and their surviving offspring be the ones to found Venefinia eventually after living in the area for like 300 years or so without it having an official name. If my math is right, then according to the numbers from page six, Parasanti wasn't founded until after the war was long over so she couldn't have been a resident of it during the war. Meh, not gonna go rewrite that since I was just picking a convenient city before we had official dates. Let's just assume it's as I say now. Her hometown is Itum and she was nearly killed as part of the unit defending Itum instead.

Kamikaze
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Found out yesterday that there will be no laptop with us on the vacation, so I won't be back until Sunday(7th) at the earliest.

I won't be able to post, though if I have the time and energy, I'll write a post on my phone, then post it once I get back home, or in the unlikely event that I find a public WiFi network somewhere. =P

Latio-Nytro
08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Well then...I'll have to call it quits for the RP. It's just not hooking me in anymore. Sorry, guys. I would have gotten this in sooner, but unlucky circumstances held that up too. So sorry for that, too.

bronislav84
08-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Lol wow man, Lus says when cities are founded and that's reason to quit? It's that easy to ruin your plans? Why don't you just adjust instead of giving in man?

Wow deja vu. Lus told me the same thing.

Sight of the Stars
08-04-2011, 02:14 AM
Oh, that's uncool, bro. That's uncool. >.> VILE already quit, and there goes 1/5 of the Cullen. Last time I checked, the Cullen weren't quitters.

Lusankya
08-04-2011, 02:28 AM
I know I've picked on you quite a bit from the start of the RP, but please don't take that as any kind of personal vendetta against you. I respect your attempt to integrate into the ancient history greatly, and I certainly don't blame you for not being able to read my mind when it comes to aspects of the lore I haven't told anyone.

Grassy_Aggron
08-04-2011, 04:54 AM
Wow...Getting a wrench thrown in your plans isn't fun, but it's no reason to quit. I've gotten a wrench thrown in my plans all the time and I'm still going.

Ah, but what can ya do? Guess we'll have to continue without him.

Lusankya
08-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Speaking of continuing, if someone doesn't post soon we're all quitting the RP >.>

k_pop
08-05-2011, 12:05 AM
No worries, Lus. I'm working on something right now. Wanna keep going what I started. =P

Grassy_Aggron
08-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Speaking of continuing, if someone doesn't post soon we're all quitting the RP >.>

Oi, sorry. Been a bit busy. I'll see if I can get a post in, maybe after Kris does her. It won't affect me, but hey, let's be courteous. She has dibs first XD

Latio-Nytro
08-05-2011, 01:22 AM
In response to the above negativity about my departure...It's not that I had enough of being wrong about subjects I didn't know about, it was just that I could not get a good post in, and I tried twice, and both times the unfortunate post-which consumed a large amount of time-wound up destroyed, with no traces left behind other than the general idea. I kind of lost morale after I was told to wait at Fort Aer for Grassy and Lus. The only other reason is that I was just dying to start a Fanfic, and I don't like doing more than one RP or writing more than one Fanfic at a time, or trying a Fanfic and a RP at the same time. I basically tried all of the above and failed, really, really hard.

So again, sorry.

bronislav84
08-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Life's been hectic guys. I will be posting either tonight or tomorrow.

Lusankya
08-05-2011, 01:44 AM
In response to the above negativity about my departure...It's not that I had enough of being wrong about subjects I didn't know about, it was just that I could not get a good post in, and I tried twice, and both times the unfortunate post-which consumed a large amount of time-wound up destroyed, with no traces left behind other than the general idea. I kind of lost morale after I was told to wait at Fort Aer for Grassy and Lus. The only other reason is that I was just dying to start a Fanfic, and I don't like doing more than one RP or writing more than one Fanfic at a time, or trying a Fanfic and a RP at the same time. I basically tried all of the above and failed, really, really hard.

So again, sorry.

Considering it was at most a couple lines or a paragraph or two that needed to be fixed, I think you're taking it way too hard. There was no need to "destroy" your posts, only to edit out the offending sections. The whole deal with Vyraz in Magnasanti, for example, has been perfectly valid and you can keep that just the same, and editing out the travel post to Lamentur Vail (which, btw, you didn't need to make in the first place due to the distance) and the references to the PC system would have been sufficient to keep your posts making sense.

If you're leaving for your fanfic though, I have no argument. But if you're leaving because you feel your posts are being overly criticized I think you're taking it a little harder than it has to be ^^;

Latio-Nytro
08-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Whoops, bad wording. The critisism had nothing to do with post deletion. In fact, nothing I know of to date had anything to do with the post deletion: I lost two posts out of thin air. I'm not sure how I lost them, and if I did for any time, I forgot. Considering that they took a lot of time to make, and I'm posting for two characters different characters at two different locations, than yhea...That wasn't fun.

For the thrid time now, sorry.

Grassy_Aggron
08-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Whoops, bad wording. The critisism had nothing to do with post deletion. In fact, nothing I know of to date had anything to do with the post deletion: I lost two posts out of thin air. I'm not sure how I lost them, and if I did for any time, I forgot. Considering that they took a lot of time to make, and I'm posting for two characters different characters at two different locations, than yhea...That wasn't fun.

For the thrid time now, sorry.

Yeah, this is why I stick with one or two characters, but keep them in the same area. You might have simply been a bit overwhelmed by it - starting in such a huge role play using two characters in separate directions might have been too much. Practice is the key, but it might have been better if you'd tried it in a smaller, less active and paragraph happy role play XD

bronislav84
08-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Fine Latio, we can't force you, but I personally was looking forward to seeing how your story played out. Just saying, but I respect that. I generally have trouble being in more than one writing intensive thing, too.

By the way Grassy, if you think this is active you really must have forgotten the activity of past War RPs, where if Neo and rusty were participating the thing would grow a page a day. Also we used to have at least 5 roleplayers per team, and they would all post often. Seriously a page a day. It was so quick I had to get on every single day and by the time I finished reading I only had time for one post. Naturally me not being as active cost me points, like it did this War. That and having trouble with internet. This has actually been the first War I've actually been able to be there for the whole thing more or less. Yes I've been around for every War and Team RP since War 1, but no I wasn't actually able to stay active for any of them until now.

Grassy_Aggron
08-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Fine Latio, we can't force you, but I personally was looking forward to seeing how your story played out. Just saying, but I respect that. I generally have trouble being in more than one writing intensive thing, too.

By the way Grassy, if you think this is active you really must have forgotten the activity of past War RPs, where if Neo and rusty were participating the thing would grow a page a day. Also we used to have at least 5 roleplayers per team, and they would all post often. Seriously a page a day. It was so quick I had to get on every single day and by the time I finished reading I only had time for one post. Naturally me not being as active cost me points, like it did this War. That and having trouble with internet. This has actually been the first War I've actually been able to be there for the whole thing more or less. Yes I've been around for every War and Team RP since War 1, but no I wasn't actually able to stay active for any of them until now.

First WAR. Never bothered to read the other ones, too busy with other role plays. Lol. Probably a bit surprising, seeing that I did pretty well in this one XP

Lusankya
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM

A page a day? During the first week of WAR it would grow something like 3 pages per day -_-; And the very first day would usually have 4-5 pages by the time I finished school and got on.

bronislav84
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Yes Lus, I was being generous saying a page a day. :P

And Grassy, for future reference, is your Sonic RP still accepting LSUs? The RP thread is active but the SU thread is from like April, so would it be necro to sign up? I have this amazing character I designed for Sonic RPs that I didn't really get to use.

Lusankya
08-05-2011, 03:40 PM

And Grassy, for future reference, is your Sonic RP still accepting LSUs? The RP thread is active but the SU thread is from like April, so would it be necro to sign up? I have this amazing character I designed for Sonic RPs that I didn't really get to use.

SU threads for active RPs are always open. Whether Grassy is willing to accept SUs is another matter, though.

Grassy_Aggron
08-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Of course you can sign up. The more to torture play with the merrier XD

Generally my characters are modified versions of existing ones...With unique personalities and all that. Thanks to Skye, I had experience with insanity (he's like, a sane person that goes insane in an upcoming story of mine. I wuv him so <3 ) so I could make Triple T efficient.

That being said, she is a "fun" insane. Skye is just a terrifying one XD But it's always interesting to see how you can apply what you learn from one character to another. It's just so...Beautiful, in a way.

...Even if all my characters hate me with a passion XD

......I got off topic 0o' Curse this babbling mind DX

Sight of the Stars
08-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Question.

Would something like pianos be allowed? :3

Lusankya
08-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Pianos aren't high tech so I see no reason why not.

bronislav84
08-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the info Lus and Grassy.

I swear I keep meaning to post then get wrapped up in playing White version. I'm retraining 4/6 just before Skyla.

Lusankya
08-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Well it's almost been a week... I'm desperate to kick the plot into high gear now that team-to-team conflict is out of the question and yet...

Also, I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to remake the RP (everything that's been done here would carry over ofc) so that non-Team affiliated people could join, but whether this would actually get anyone to join is a bit questionable. If the RP really does die I think I'll give it a shot, at least.

Kamikaze
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Well, I'm back from my vacation, but I've got tons of stuff to do today. I've begun my next post though, and I will hopefully be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

I really hope that this RP doesn't die, but it wasn't moving at a very fast pace to begin with, so some delay between posts we may have to live with. Despite from the last two posts I made, I haven't exactly been posting often either. =/

bronislav84
08-08-2011, 12:44 PM
What Kami said. It hasn't been moving at a quick pace to begin with. Remaking may kill it off with nobody new joining and then what?

Also it was designed with teams in mind and anything else wouldn't work out. f you do decide to remake, make it a Team RP. Just find out what number we're up to first. And if you do remake as a sequel you need to edit the form to include a "What you accomplished in the previous RP" for returning players. I'm not about to reset my character. The whole point of starting as I did was to earn it all in the RP. If it ends up counting before the RP then it isn't as good.

Lusankya
08-08-2011, 01:14 PM
What Kami said. It hasn't been moving at a quick pace to begin with. Remaking may kill it off with nobody new joining and then what?

Also it was designed with teams in mind and anything else wouldn't work out. f you do decide to remake, make it a Team RP. Just find out what number we're up to first. And if you do remake as a sequel you need to edit the form to include a "What you accomplished in the previous RP" for returning players. I'm not about to reset my character. The whole point of starting as I did was to earn it all in the RP. If it ends up counting before the RP then it isn't as good.

If I do remake the RP it would continue right where we left off. Anyways, it's a measure I'd only take if the RP dies completely, at which point remaking it couldn't possibly make it more dead.

Anyways, let's stop talking about this now.. if people need something to do then something might occur in Mancia soon, but if everyone's fine with their own plotlines as of now I'll hold that Event off. Regardless, ****'s gonna go down in Venefinia in a bit.

bronislav84
08-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Unless it's a Knight invasion which would be pretty uncalled for, the mages can most likely handle whatever it is on their own man. Somebody would just need to narrate them.

But yea, we have stuff to do. Most of us.

Lusankya
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Unless it's a Knight invasion, the mages can handle whatever it is man.

But yea, we have stuff to do. Most of us.

I assure you, they can't >:)

*twiddles thumbs*

bronislav84
08-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Always a bad idea to quote me. See what happened? I updated that post. :)

I'd better get a move on then.

Lusankya
08-09-2011, 01:35 AM
I certainly won't rule out anything, but I can tell you whatever it'll start out looking to be won't be all it is.

Grassy_Aggron
08-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I assure you, they can't >:)

*twiddles thumbs*

This wouldn't have anything to do with my idea, would it? XD

Anyway, I'll try to get a post up because I don't want this to die. It's nice stretching my mind to make such long posts...Good practice for upcoming stories of mine (I may have cancelled New Moon, but its sequel is still going to happen. I'm looking forward to it, actually...)

Lusankya
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
This wouldn't have anything to do with my idea, would it? XD

Anyway, I'll try to get a post up because I don't want this to die. It's nice stretching my mind to make such long posts...Good practice for upcoming stories of mine (I may have cancelled New Moon, but its sequel is still going to happen. I'm looking forward to it, actually...)

Actually, no, I'm sorry :( I had wanted to use your idea as an inbetween Event, but due to the RP dying I want to get going on my planned plot. I'm holding it in reserve though.

And thanks <333 Let's just hope someone else posts too.

Grassy_Aggron
08-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Actually, no, I'm sorry :( I had wanted to use your idea as an inbetween Event, but due to the RP dying I want to get going on my planned plot. I'm holding it in reserve though.

And thanks <333 Let's just hope someone else posts too.

Lol, maybe the WAR needs to be longer XD

Oooh, nice plot twist. It almost seems like you have two plots going on at once...Shame that Triple T doesn't have an avatar. She'd love to visit Lamunter (Sp?) Vail. I'd say out of all the Armada ships, she's been in the furthest...But only as far as decent parking would allow (AKA decrepit loading areas for...Stuff). She can't go where a ship can't go, after all ^^'

I have my own subplot going on >:3

Lusankya
08-10-2011, 08:44 PM
5 weeks is already longer than my average RP survival time, so I can't complain.

Also, you could try getting one :P I'd love to not have to go on my quest solo.

Grassy_Aggron
08-10-2011, 08:47 PM
5 weeks is already longer than my average RP survival time, so I can't complain.

Also, you could try getting one :P I'd love to not have to go on my quest solo.

Are there any Ditto bodies lying around? XD She could mess with people's miiiiiiinds.

It's so much fun screwing around with other characters >:3

Lusankya
08-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Are there any Ditto bodies lying around? XD She could mess with people's miiiiiiinds.

It's so much fun screwing around with other characters >:3

Probably not... but no one said it'd have to be organic.

Grassy_Aggron
08-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Probably not... but no one said it'd have to be organic.

Oh yeah, getting stuck in another robotic body is fuuuun XD She still remembers the last food she ate.

...As it is, I have yet to determine what food that was. BROWNIES (because the cake is still a lie).

Lusankya
08-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh yeah, getting stuck in another robotic body is fuuuun XD She still remembers the last food she ate.

...As it is, I have yet to determine what food that was. BROWNIES (because the cake is still a lie).

Doesn't have to be a robot either. Since Armada ships are basically ghosts possessing the ship you could possess a chair or something. Not that that would be very useful, but it's just an example.

Grassy_Aggron
08-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Doesn't have to be a robot either. Since Armada ships are basically ghosts possessing the ship you could possess a chair or something. Not that that would be very useful, but it's just an example.

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Lol. No...A mop would be the best. She could then make puns about "making a clean sweep" or "you're all washed up".

...My lord, I sound like the SEGA writers now 0o'

bronislav84
08-11-2011, 03:55 AM

And thanks <333 Let's just hope someone else posts too.The RP is not dead, just on break. I keep meaning to post, I swear.Doesn't have to be a robot either. Since Armada ships are basically ghosts possessing the ship you could possess a chair or something. Not that that would be very useful, but it's just an example.It has to be able to be moved, too. A chair or a mop aren't exactly mobile by default. Now a marionette on the other hand can be manipulated by the magic of the spell to do stuff. You'd need a mage to help you transfer part of your collective soul to an avatar though Grassy, once you find one or make one. Not like you could get a zombie body like Sov does. Also remember that in the case of Armada ships, it isn't just one ghost. There is a central one, but unlike Renita who has only one soul and a common origin with you guys, you have multiple with one central personality in charge. I think of it like the others gave up their individuality for the good of the ship/train becoming automated. Of course you know all this. It's just my reasoning at work.

Seriously wanna visit Fort Aer now, and see if I can get something interesting going on with either TT or Sov, when she gets recognized as a derivative of the ghost ships. Very complicated character, and I'm glad you let me do it Lus.

Grassy_Aggron
08-11-2011, 04:06 AM
The RP is not dead, just on break. I keep meaning to post, I swear.It has to be able to be moved, too. A chair or a mop aren't exactly mobile by default. Now a marionette on the other hand can be manipulated by the magic of the spell to do stuff. You'd need a mage to help you transfer part of your collective soul to an avatar though Grassy, once you find one or make one. Not like you could get a zombie body like Sov does. Also remember that in the case of Armada ships, it isn't just one ghost. There is a central one, but unlike Renita who has only one soul and a common origin with you guys, you have multiple with one central personality in charge. I think of it like the others gave up their individuality for the good of the ship/train becoming automated. Of course you know all this. It's just my reasoning at work.

Seriously wanna visit Fort Aer now, and see if I can get something interesting going on with either TT or Sov, when she gets recognized as a derivative of the ghost ships. Very complicated character, and I'm glad you let me do it Lus.

Don't you know? Haunted mops float =o

Lol, she has two personalities...But her real one, the one that made her such a threat and a competent leader (although she wasn't a big leader - she was actually rather disliked for her sternness) sorta...Crumbled. Still there, but not very much.

Of course, every time I've split the personality of an insane character...It's never ended well. *Pokes Skye*

Skye: I am not insane -.-'

Yet XD Point is, crazy people are hard to predict...Although, Triple T isn't the "violent" insane like Skye can be, so it might work out. Maybe.

Blarg. Too bad Lud probably won't lend his body to her. Although, if there was a mechanical dog or something...(Lol, can you imagine that?) She wouldn't mind taking that. She could bark her enemies to death and annoy the hell out of Sovereign simply because she can. PRO TIP: bring a muzzle.

Lusankya
08-11-2011, 04:14 AM
The RP is not dead, just on break. I keep meaning to post, I swear.It has to be able to be moved, too. A chair or a mop aren't exactly mobile by default. Now a marionette on the other hand can be manipulated by the magic of the spell to do stuff. You'd need a mage to help you transfer part of your collective soul to an avatar though Grassy, once you find one or make one. Not like you could get a zombie body like Sov does. Also remember that in the case of Armada ships, it isn't just one ghost. There is a central one, but unlike Renita who has only one soul and a common origin with you guys, you have multiple with one central personality in charge. I think of it like the others gave up their individuality for the good of the ship/train becoming automated. Of course you know all this. It's just my reasoning at work.

Well, in classic ghost movies haunted objects can often move about even if they're not supposed to.

Also, you can come along to Lamentur Vail too :P It should be pretty epic.

bronislav84
08-11-2011, 04:52 PM
My point was that a haunted object like a mop doesn't have appendages, and can't pick anything up.

Lusankya
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
My point was that a haunted object like a mop doesn't have appendages, and can't pick anything up.

Agreed, hence why I said it wouldn't be very useful xP

Grassy_Aggron
08-11-2011, 07:49 PM

It could still mop the floor with you :D Lol.

I'm having waaaaay too much fun with this XD

bronislav84
08-12-2011, 08:08 AM
What did I tell you guys about quoting my most recent posts? I often update them later so you're better off not doing it.

Yes Lus, not very useful. And Grassy you're funny. As for coming to Lamantur, it will take a while to be able to do that. Still haven't derived everything I'd like to.

Lusankya
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Well, maybe you should start doing stuff... zzz

bronislav84
08-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh man, Carie must have a copy of that book for her ancient information collection, but the earliest we will be done is a long while from now. Can't ask you to wait, so we will probably have to figure out a way to meet you there. I have some ideas but you'll probably be done by the time I implement them.

Lusankya
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
(Almost) no one is supposed to know about the book until now, the Lifemaker wrote it in (mostly) secret and the information about it was (almost) lost when Lamentur Vail was destroyed. Doubt anyone would have a copy of the book as it's also not something that can simply be flipped open and read, making trying to copy it rather... difficult.

bronislav84
08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Just commenting OOC on your post dude. She would want a copy. As for actually being able to do it, that shouldn't be a problem given enough time. As a historian who hoards ancient knowledge, Carie has the ability to reverse engineer any magic, given enough time. Her hobby when she's not busy is making spells for people, and finding the right one from her library when people need on order.

Been meaning to make her a real character. Been giving her a lot of character development, so that is the logical next step. I just haven't been able to come up with a history for her beyond what's been revealed in the RP, and even then it hasn't been about her specifically.

Grassy_Aggron
08-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Lol, yay, I'm funny :D

So, Broni, you're going for a book nerd huh? Nice. Haven't seen those around since the advent of the "IPad". Somehow I keep thinking of that clumsy chick from Fullmetal Alchemist...You know, the one Ed and Al had to rescue because she got crushed underneath all the books she was reading ^^'

bronislav84
08-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Carie is far more than a book nerd. She is a chemist, a historian with books as far back as before the fall perfectly reserved that she acquired, can become invisible but it tires her out if used too much, can move at the speed of sound but if used way too much it also tires her out, can reverse engineer any spell if given enough research time, can make her own spells if given enough research time, can create lock spells that are near impossible to counter, and her major/primary ability is she is Telekinetic and Telepathic on the level of Sabrina the Gym Leader. Don't worry I don't godmod and always keep my characters within their fair play limits, but you do not want to mess with this woman. Minus Teleportation and Mind Control because that is just OP. Mind Control is always OP, but messing with people's minds isn't.

Basically she's a very gifted mage, and of course doesn't sleep very much because she prefers to live a full life. Pretty much she's an Elite NPC until I can figure out a concise history for her, or if Lus lets me do a character with no backstory. Doubt he will, so she's likely to stay this way the whole time. A mysterious character.

Kamikaze
08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, finally my long overdue post is done. My internet connection for the past week has been shifty at best, and for hours at a time it hasn't worked at all. Unsure of why it was like that, but it seems to have been resolved.

The both of the new plots look interesting, though I'm a bit concerned with the Lord Marshals plan to butcher a whole lot of mages. =P